1. US seeks new push for peace in Middle East - London Telegraph
America has signaled a new desire to help negotiate an end to the Israeli-Palestinian dispute, ending years of diplomatic aloofness by the White House.
• Pray for the gospel of Jesus Christ to go our through the nations (especially those that are resistant to the gospel). For it is only Christ who can bring true peace to the world! Pray that Israel will be protected from anything that would go against her freedoms and her land! • "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
2. Democrats Defend Plan for Iraq Pullout - ABC News
The Democrats' plan to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq next year responds to voters' demand for change, New Hampshire Rep. Paul Hodes said Saturday. The Senate will vote on its version of the pullout this week.
• Pray that the Senate and Congress will not be able to pull the troops out of Iraq until God says it is time. Pray they will seek the Lord for wisdom! We are limited in vision – but God sees the whole picture and He knows what is best for our nation! • "But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Deuteronomy 4:29)
3. White House Stands By Attorney General - AP
The White House stood by Alberto Gonzales on Monday, even as support for the embattled attorney general erodes on Capitol Hill amid new questions about his honesty. However, the White House was placing the onus on Gonzales to explain himself to lawmakers. The attorney general is scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on April 17.
• We pray that our government will only be addressing the pressing issues of national security, health care, and other serious matters and not get diverted on partisan things. • "Only may the Lord give you wisdom and understanding, and give you charge concerning Israel, that you may keep the law of the Lord your God." (1 Chronicles 22:12)
4. Terror Database Has Quadrupled In Four Years - Washington Post
Each day, thousands of pieces of intelligence information from around the world -- field reports, captured documents, news from foreign allies and sometimes idle gossip -- arrive in a computer-filled office in McLean, where analysts feed them into the nation's central list of terrorists and terrorism suspects.
• Pray that there will be no abuse concerning a terror database and that our intelligence teams will be able to come up with programs that do contain important information on the activities and plans of terrorists around the world! • "When you are in distress, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, when you turn to the Lord your God and obey His voice (for the Lord your God is a merciful God), He will not forsake you nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them." (Deuteronomy 4:30,31)
5. Pro-Life Group Presses for 'Day of the Preborn' - (CNSNews.com)
A pro-life group on Monday launched a year-long petition drive to have March 25 officially declared the "Day of the Preborn."
• Pray that more people – especially post-abortion women -- will have the courage to speak out against this national tragedy of the deaths of the unborn through people’s conscientious “choice.” Pray for the repentance of abortion which pollutes our land and mocks God! • "So you shall not pollute the land where you are; for blood defiles the land, and no atonement can be made for the land, for the blood that is shed on it, except by the blood of him who shed it." (Genesis 9:6)
6. Lesbian Asks Court to Ban Gay Adoptions - NewsMax.com
Sara Wheeler's life has become a contradiction. Once a proud lesbian, she's now a pariah in the gay community. Once in a committed relationship with a female partner, she's rethinking her sexuality. And now she's doing something she once would have considered unthinkable — arguing that gays don't have the legal right to adopt children.
• Pray that all homosexual and lesbian people’s blinders will come off to see their sin, and they will accept Christ into their hearts faithfully forever! • "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He has broken the gates of bronze, and cut the bars of iron in two." (Psalms 107:15,16)
7. U.S. Forces Arrest Leaders Of One Of The Deadliest Car-Bomb-Making Networks In Baghdad - USA Today
U.S. forces have arrested the leaders of one of the deadliest car-bomb-making networks in Baghdad, a military spokesman said. After months of intelligence gathering, U.S. troops captured the ringleader of the Rusafa car bomb network and three of his lieutenants on Wednesday.
• Offer praise to the Lord for EVERY VICTORY we achieve now in Iraq -- known and unknown! • "He uncovers deep things out of darkness, and brings the shadow of death to light." (Job 12:22)