Former vice presidential aide Lewis "Scooter" Libby was found guilty Tuesday on four of five counts of obstruction of justice, perjury and lying to investigators probing who leaked the identity of CIA operative. Now that the former White House official has received the verdict, he along with vice president Cheney and Bush's deputy chief of staff Karl Rove can expect to be sued by former CIA agent Valerie Plame and her husband.
• Dear Lord, just as you allowed the Watergate trial to impact Chuck Colson, resulting in his salvation and the founding of Prison Fellowship Ministries; may all involved in these trials receive relief from injustice, and if needed, salvation ! We pray that truth be revealed and justice served, and for Your mercy on all who falsely accuse Vice President Cheney and Messrs. Libby and Rove. • "But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive." (Genesis 50: 20 NKJV)
2. NATO Launches Offensive Against Taliban - ABC News
NATO-led troops have launched an offensive, dubbed Operation Achilles Heel, against Taliban militants Tuesday in southern Afghanistan's volatile Helmand province, the alliance said in a statement.
• Precious Father, we ask for your promises in Psalm 91, "The Soldier's Psalm," for these troops. We humbly ask you to completely cover these precious lives with the Blood of Your Son, so that not even their heels will be exposed to death! • "A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you." (Psalm 91: 7 NKJV)
3. Taiwan 'Tests Missile Capable Of Hitting China' - London Telegraph
Taiwan has tested a medium-range missile capable of hitting Shanghai or Hong Kong, reports from the island said today. The missiles have a range of over 600 miles, bringing large areas of eastern and southern China within range. The government refused to confirm the report, but it was published at a time of heightened tension between Beijing and the island, which has been ruled separately from the mainland since 1949 and which China regards as a renegade province awaiting reunification.
• Dear Lord, we pray that Taiwan will receive its independence from China. We pray that Your Taiwanese believers will band together and pray for this gift to happen without missiles flying and may it happen, most importantly, for Your glory! May many be saved because of the established sovereignty of Taiwan! • "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler." (Psalm 91: 4 NKJV)
4. US Refuses To Join UN Rights Council, Citing Its Actions Against Israel - AFP
The United States will not seek a seat on the UN Human Rights Council, senior officials said Tuesday, asserting the body had lost its credibility with repeated attacks on Israel and a failure to confront other rights abusers.
• Thank You, Lord for bringing wisdom to our nation's leadership that America should stand with Your Sovereign Israel and object to abuses against her! May Your promises to Abram be fulfilled through Israel and her allies! • "I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you." (Genesis 12: 2-3a NKJV)
5. Survey Finds Link Between Decline in Values, Waning Belief - CNSNews.com
A majority of Americans believe the nation's moral values are declining, according to a survey gauging the state of American culture. It also found a correlation between the shift in values and a reduced emphasis on religion. In the survey by the Culture and Media Institute, 74 percent of respondents, including a majority in each major demographic, said moral values in America are weaker than they were 20 years ago.
• Dear Lord, we ask that You will restore America to You. May we as a nation, remember how we were founded through religious persecution, and that freedom to worship You isn't "free!" • "Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?" (Psalm 85: 6 NKJV)