Weekly Conference Call Tomorrow
Deliverance and Destiny of America
1:00 p.m. EDT
Conference number: 712-432-0075
Access Code: 4961322#
Host: Kay Horner
URGENT! Palestinian "flag" to be flown over UN tomorrow. See below for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
"Save your people! Bless Israel, your special possession. Lead them like a shepherd, and carry them in your arms forever." (Psalm 28:9 NLT)
The Blood Moon Over Jerusalem (Passover, 1996)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Police and Arab youth clash on Temple Mount ahead of Succot holiday - Jerusalem Post
Masked Palestinian youth threw stones and firecrackers at Israeli police and Border Police on Jerusalem's Temple Mount on Sunday morning, police said. The security forces managed to subdue the riot, police said.
The violence occurred on the last day of the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha and on the eve of the Succot Jewish festival of Succot.(Read more)
2. Police to Impose Tighter Restrictions on Temple Mount Entry - Israel National News
The Israel Police announced on Sunday afternoon that, following the ongoing riots by Arabs on the Temple Mount, it would impose tighter restrictions on Muslim entry to the compound, effective immediately.
According to the new instructions, only Muslim men over the age of 50 will be allowed to enter the Temple Mount area. Muslim women of any age will be permitted into the compound as normal. "The police are investing extraordinary efforts in order to allow worshipers to exercise their faith," a statement from the police read.
On Sunday morning, dozens of Muslim rioters attacked the Israel Police on the Temple Mount, ahead of the Sukkot holiday. A police statement said young Palestinian Arabs "threw rocks and fireworks at police and border police forces," who responded with "riot dispersal means." (Read more)
3. Jordan's Abdullah: We reject threats to our holy places and the Arab character of Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
NEW YORK - The hope for a future peaceful world is severely threatened by "the outlaws of Islam that operate globally today," Jordan's King Abdullah told the UN General Assembly on Monday.
"They target religious differences, hoping to kill cooperation and compassion among the billions of people, of all faiths and communities, who live side by side in our many countries," he said. "These outlaw gangs use suspicion and ignorance to expand their own power."
The struggle against Islamic State, which he described as "a third world war," was the central theme of the monarch's speech.
He called for "global collective action on all fronts," and laid out seven suggested steps towards eradicating the terrorists. (Read more)
4. Netanyahu calls on Abbas to resume direct peace talks as he heads to UN - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called on Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to hold direct talks with Israel, prior to departing Tuesday morning for New York to address the 70th opening session of the UN General Assembly.
On Sunday, the Prime Minister's Office issued a statement that said Netanyahu "again calls" on Abbas "to return immediately to the negotiating table in order to advance the diplomatic process." (Read more)
5. Abbas adviser suggests US pressured Palestinian leader to nix UN speech 'bombshell' - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is planning no surprises in his speech before the UN General Assembly on Wednesday, a senior Palestinian official said on Monday.
Mahmoud Habbash, Abbas's adviser on religious affairs, hinted that the PA president has come under pressure from the US to refrain from making dramatic announcements during his speech.
Habbash said that Abbas and US Secretary of State John Kerry held "difficult" talks in New York last weekend during which they discussed the PA president's threat to drop a bombshell at the end of his speech. (Read more)
6. PA Strangely Silent after Muslims Set Bethlehem Church Afire - Israel National News
The Palestinian Authority has been curiously silent over a major fire at a Christian church in Bethlehem.
In its sole statement, the PA said that the fire at the St. Charbal church in the city was caused by an "electrical malfunction" - a description that is at odds with an account by Israeli Christian Arab Father Gabriel Naddaf, who said that the church was burned down Saturday night by "Palestinian extremists."(Read more)
7. Syrian commander said among injured in IDF strikes on army posts - Times of Israel
A deputy brigade commander of the Syrian army's 90th battalion was said to be among the injured in IDF strikes on two Syrian military targets across Israel's border on the Golan Heights Sunday night.
According to reports in the Arab press, the commander sustained moderate wounds.
The raids were in response to errant rocket fire launched from Syria that landed in Israel in the past two days. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama Throws Christian Refugees to Lions - Canada Free Press
The fate of those Iraqi Christians who had fled from the Islamic State only to be incarcerated in the United States has finally been decided by the Obama administration: they are to be thrown back to the lions, where they will likely be persecuted if not slaughtered like so many Iraqi Christians before them.
Fifteen of the 27 Iraqi Christians that have been held at a detention center in Otay Mesa, California, for approximately six months, are set to be deported in the coming weeks. Some have already been deported and others are being charged with immigration fraud. Why are Christian minorities, who are the most to suffer from the chaos engulfing the Middle East, the least wanted in the United States?
Special: The answer is that the Obama administration defines refugees as people "persecuted by their government." In other words, the only "real" refugees are those made so due to the actions of Bashar Assad. As for those who are being raped, slaughtered, and enslaved based on their religious identity by so-called "rebel" forces fighting Assad-including the Islamic State-their status as refugees is evidently considered dubious at best. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this is such a horrendous report as we witness that Middle Eastern Christian refugees, who have fled for their very lives, are refused 'refugee' status by the Obama administration and have been literally jailed here for months. Forgive us for this awful national sin of deporting them back to almost certain barbaric torture and death. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." (Galatians 6:7)
2. Whistleblowers claim Obama White House uses 'doctored' intel reports - Canada Free Press
Some of those career intelligence operatives who complained were bullied and forced to take early retirement, or the younger analysts just quit. Some of the U.S. intelligence community's top analysts reportedly informed the Pentagon watchdog that their reports have been systematically edited to backup President Barack Obama's-and his national security team's-assertions that the war on the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) as more successful than it actually is, according to news reports from outlets such as The Hill. (Read more)
- Father God, we are disturbed at this report of falsifying true intelligence reports to align with the administration's agenda. We pray for all of this to be brought out into the open for all to see so that there will be no question as to what is happening. It is dangerous to us as a country to let propagandized information be distributed. You are a lover of truth and have ways beyond our understanding to correct this dangerous error. We pray this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth."
3. Obama has turned Putin into the world's most powerful leader - New York Post
The baton was officially transferred Monday to the world's new sole superpower - and Vladimir Putin willingly picked it up. President Obama (remember him?) embraced the ideals espoused by the United Nations' founders 70 years ago: Diplomacy and "international order" will win over time, while might and force will lose.
Putin, too, appealed to UN laws (as he sees them), but he also used his speech to announce the formation of a "broad international coalition" to fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq. "Similar to the anti-Hitler coalition, it could unite a broad range of forces" to fight "those who, just like the Nazis, sow evil and hatred of humankind," he said. (Read more)
- Father God, we are grieved that our people have chosen to place into office a man who is an extremely week leader, and one who does not support Israel. We appreciate the fact that Vladimir Putin is now calling for "a new coalition of nations" who are willing to fight ISIS, but we do watch his moves with a wary eye. Give us wisdom, O Lord, we pray in Your name, amen and amen.
- (For Israel) "And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse." (Gen.12:3)
4. Boehner Indicates He'll Rely on Democrats to Pass CR That Funds Planned Parenthood - CNSNews.com
House Speaker John Boehner said on CBS's "Face the Nation" this morning that there will be no government shutdown-thus signaling that the House of Representatives he will lead until the end of next month will not send the Senate a continuing resolution that Democrats there would filibuster because it prohibits funding of Planned Parenthood or that President Barack Obama would veto for the same reason.
In response to a follow-up question from host John Dickerson, Boehner said he was "sure" the funding bill he will put through the Republican-majority House will need Democratic votes to pass. The law currently funding the government will expire on Wednesday, the last day of fiscal 2015.
Dickerson of CBS asked Boehner: "Four days, the government runs out of money. Is there going to be a shutdown?" "No," said Boehner. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that those who sit on the fence regarding our funding of abortion providers be driven to take a side, and we ask you to drive out from among our leaders those who would seek to reward those who shed the blood of the innocent. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off." (Zephaniah 1:11)
5. Battered Biotechs Send Shock Waves Through the Street - Fox News
U.S. equity markets were hammered on Monday as investors parsed a speech from the New York Fed president who said interest rates are likely to rise this year, and renewed selling pressure in the health-care sector.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was 312 points lower, or 1.92% to 1001. The S&P 500 declined 49 points, or 2.57% to 1881, while the Nasdaq Composite dropped 142 points, or 3.04% to 4543. Health care led all 10 S&P 500 sectors in decline as biotechs plunged, adding to last week's steep, double-digit losses. (Read more)
- Father, we thank you for a productive and innovative health care sector in this nation. We ask that its finances be based on the mission of medicine and principles of freedom, and not distorted by policy agendas that are not in accord with Your will for medical care and freedom in this nation. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward." (Isaiah 58:8)
6. Trump tax plan met with mixed reviews - Fox News
Donald Trump's long-awaited tax plan -- which would eliminate federal taxes for millions -- was met with mixed reviews Monday, with one anti-tax group calling it a jobs engine but others questioning its impact on the debt and deficit.
The plan unveiled Monday would eliminate federal income taxes on individuals earning less than $25,000 and married couples earning less than $50,000. It also would benefit businesses and top earners. It would lower the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 15 percent and lower the highest income tax rate from 39.6 percent to 25 percent.
"We have an amazing code," Trump said of his tax system. "It will be simple. It will be easy. It will be fair." (Read more)
- Father, we ask for justice and simplicity in our tax laws. We thank you for candidates raising specifics, and we ask for a thorough and robust national discussion in the years ahead. We lift up not only Donald Trump, but all of next year's candidates, from both political parties, in this prayer. In Jesus' name we pray, amen.
- "The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple." (Psalm 119:130)
7. Pope Francis: Govt. workers have right to refuse gay marriage licenses: Pope - Reuters
Francis said on Monday government officials have a "human right" to refuse to discharge a duty, such as issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals, if they feel it violates their conscience. Speaking to reporters as he returned home from a 10-day trip to the United States and Cuba, Francis also repeated his condemnation of priests who had sexually abused children, saying the victims had been "crushed by evil".
Although the Argentine-born pontiff delved into some of the United States' thorniest political debates during his visit, he never specifically referred to a controversy over same-sex marriages, which the Church firmly opposes.
On the flight back to Rome, he was asked if he supported individuals, including government officials, who refuse to abide by some laws, such as issuing marriage licenses to gays. "Conscientious objection must enter into every juridical structure because it is a right," Francis said. (Read more)
- Thank You, Father, for this endorsement from the Pope for people like Kim Davis and others who must conscientiously object to issuing "marriage" licenses to homosexual couples. We pray his words will carry great weight in the realignment of this issue with the Word of God. Thank You for the strengthening of this Biblical stand on marriage, and we all forth other denominations to agree now with Your Word -- and Your judgment -- regarding same-sex "marriage." We do this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4)
8. Pope Francis Calls on UN to Uphold Right to Life and the Natural Family - Breaking Christian News
(New York, NY)-Pope Francis tied care for the environment to care for humanity in his address to United Nations this morning, saying that a right to the environment exists because every human life has value.
"First, it must be stated that a true 'right of the environment' does exist," the Holy Father said. "First, because we human beings are part of the environment." "Because every creature, particularly a living creature, has an intrinsic value, in its existence, its life, its beauty and its interdependence with other creatures," Pope Francis said, citing his recent environmental encyclical Laudato Si.
Speaking about the importance of care for creation, equality and poverty reduction throughout his address, the pope wove in that these are founded on the basic right to life, as well as recognition for God-given complementary male and female genders.
"Consequently, the defense of the environment and the fight against exclusion demand that we recognize a moral law written into human nature itself, one which includes the natural difference between man and woman (cf. Laudato Si', 155), and absolute respect for life in all its stages and dimensions (cf. ibid., 123, 136)." (Read more)
- Our Precious Lord, we pray that these remarks will strengthen the fight against abortion, sex slave trafficking, and homosexual marriage. Thank You for this stand in favor of traditional marriage and that he stands for how very precious human life is at all ages. We pray that his comments will result in a change in public policy that strengthens families that are based, as he said, on "God-given complementary male and female genders." We pray that his popularity will bring needed focus on Biblical issues that have been the foundation of liberty in our country.
We bind up, in the name of Jesus, any attempt to use his statements to control mankind with environmental issues, and we place our faith and our trust in You, Holy One, and not in the pope, who is a mere man. We do this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the almighty gives me life."
9. Signature gathering starts for parental notification in California - Religion News Service
One out of every four abortions in the U.S. is performed in California. And unlike most states, abortions are not likely to go down here.
In 2014, when most state health payments were cut by 10 percent, the funding for abortions in California was increased 40 percent. In 2014 all clinic regulations were removed for California abortion facilities. And in 2014, the state's law was changed to allow abortions by nurses, midwives, and physician's assistants.
One bright hope looms large for the lives of the unborn and young teenage girls - parental notification. Parental notification, whereby one parent of an under-18-year-old girl would be notified before an abortion is performed on her, came within two percent of victory at the ballot in 2008. The current parental notification measure was qualified to collect signatures for the November 2016 ballot on September 18. Petitions will be mailed to every church in California to get churchgoers collecting signatures from family, friends, and neighbors. (Read more)
- Father, we thank you for this petition drive to protect human life in California. We ask that it would be effective and that it would also spark a new fire among pastors for proclaiming and encouraging others to live out your righteousness in California. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant." (Psalm 35:27)
10. Typhoon Lashes Taiwan, Killing 2, Injuring More Than 300 - New York Times
A typhoon struck mainland China on Tuesday after lashing Taiwan, where it killed two, injured hundreds and left hundreds of thousands without power or water.
Typhoon Dujuan passed through Taiwan for three hours on Monday night, bringing high winds and rain. More than 100 flights in China's southern province of Fujian were cancelled and trains suspended as the storm approached and crossed over the mainland.
Taiwan's Central News Agency, citing the government's emergency operations center, said Tuesday that the typhoon had left two people dead, 324 injured and six mountain climbers missing. A total of 710,000 households were without electricity and 370,000 without water. (Read more)
- Mighty Lord, we call out for mercy for those still in the path of this super storm and ask that those who have already been affected find shelter and food. We pray for those who have lost electricity to be able to have it restored immediately. We pray, in the name of Jesus, that this storm will quickly dissipate and that China will be spared any more damage. In the face of this disaster, we pray that people will be open to the Gospel and that those who know You will be able to freely minister the hope that is in You after tragedy. We ask this prayer in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in his mercy." (Psalms 33:18)
Eye on Syria
Russian fighter jets enter Syria with transponders off
A U.S. official told CNN (last) Thursday that Russian fighter jets turned off their transponders as they flew into Syria in an apparent attempt to avoid detection. The official said the fighters flew very close to a transport plane that had its transponder on and functioning.
U.S. satellites rapidly saw that the aircraft were there, according to the official.
The assessment over the weekend was that the fighter jets were on their way. The same official said the Russians have begun flying drones around the coastal city of Latakia.
With no ISIS fighters in the area, the move raises serious questions about the Russians' intentions with their military buildup, which the U.S. has questioned the purpose of and watched with wariness. The action points to a higher likelihood that the Russian plan is to prop up Syrian President Bashar al-Assad rather than fight the terror group. (CNN) Read more.
> > > See also: Russia launches drones in Syria. Go here.
Boehner Fires Back
Boehner Fires Back
Speaker John Boehner's surprise announcement that he will retire from Congress at the end of October continued to dominate headlines over the weekend. His announcement was greeted with wild applause at the Values Voter Summit.
The frustration between the conservative grassroots and the Washington political establishment boiled over this weekend. On CBS yesterday, the speaker blasted his conservative critics, comparing them to "false prophets" from the Bible for making "unrealistic promises."
That's really not helpful as our movement tries to defeat Hillary Clinton or whomever the left nominates. Former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, who lost his primary race last year, and other establishment types continued to bash conservatives.
Democrats don't do that. They never preemptively surrender or talk about what they can't do. In fact, they say, "Yes we can!" Remember that theme from Obama's campaign?
But Cantor and GOP elites spent all their time over the weekend explaining why they are powerless. When conservative voters hear that, they become demoralized and wonder what was the point of electing Republicans in 2010 and 2014.
The fact of the matter is that there are things Republicans in Congress can do. For example, we should be voting down Obama's judicial nominees as too left-wing. (Gary Bauer; excerpt, End-of-Day, 9/28/15)
Palestinian "flag" to be flown over UN tomorrow
Palestinian "flag" to be flown over UN tomorrow
Abbas will be greeted by the PA flag on 30 September, when he addresses the UN General Assembly in New York. In an interview with the official Palestinian news agency Wafa, Abbas praised those who supported "truth and justice," and stated, "The struggle will continue until the Palestinian flag flies over our eternal capital, occupied Jerusalem".
Israel's ambassador to the UN, Ron Prosor, opposed raising the PA flag on the grounds that the Palestinians were "attempting to change longstanding protocols and traditions" of the UN. He was referring to the fact that the decision to raise the Palestinian flag at the UN Headquarters in Manhattan went against the previous UN protocol that did not allow the raising of flags belonging to non-member states.
(Sources: Breaking Israel News and the UN Prayer Watch) Read more here.
- O Father, we cry out to You to intervene in this matter. Lord, if this were to occur, it would symbolize a tacit agreement that the UN recognizes Palestine as a sovereign nation, as this flag would be flown alongside the flags of other, nonmember, sovereign states.
O, God, have mercy! Show us Your mighty hand on behalf of Your precious land and cause this act to collapse in the name of Yeshua, our Savior, amen.
- "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
Pope John's Visit (Part Two)
POPE FRANCIS IN AMERICA-FAITH AND RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
Addressing a Joint Session of Congress
In addressing a Joint Session of Congress, the Pope addressed the source of human dignity as our creation in the image of God.
"Yours is a work which makes me reflect in two ways on the figure of Moses. On the one hand, the patriarch and lawgiver of the people of Israel symbolizes the need of peoples to keep alive their sense of unity by means of just legislation. On the other, the figure of Moses leads us directly to God and thus to the transcendent dignity of the human being. Moses provides us with a good synthesis of your work: you are asked to protect, by means of the law, the image and likeness fashioned by God on every human face." . . .
"The challenges facing us today call for a renewal of that spirit of cooperation, which has accomplished so much good throughout the history of the United States. The complexity, the gravity and the urgency of these challenges demand that we pool our resources and talents, and resolve to support one another, with respect for our differences and our convictions of conscience."
"In this land, the various religious denominations have greatly contributed to building and strengthening society. It is important that today, as in the past, the voice of faith continue to be heard, for it is a voice of fraternity and love, which tries to bring out the best in each person and in each society. Such cooperation is a powerful resource in the battle to eliminate new global forms of slavery, born of grave injustices which can be overcome only through new policies and new forms of social consensus."
> > > To read the transcript of this address, please go here.
> > > To view the video of this speech, please go here.
(Source: Congressional Prayer Caucus)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THERE IS A BALM IN GILEAD
"Go up to Gilead and take balm." (Jeremiah 46:11)
There is a balm in Gilead
To make the wounded whole;
There is a balm in Gilead
To heal the sin sick soul.
Some times I feel discouraged,
And think my work's in vain,
But then the Holy Spirit
Revives my soul again.
If you can't preach like Peter,
If you can't pray like Paul,
Just tell the love of Jesus,
And say He died for all.
Please go here.
About the Hymn:
Signs and Wonders
Water Flows on Mars Today, NASA Announces
Evidence from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) confirms that suspicious dark streaks on Mars that appear and disappear with the seasons are created by flowing liquid water. The streaks are made by salty water that runs down steep hills during warm months, when temperatures are above -23 degrees Celsius, and freezes during colder times. (Scientific American)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
6 Cops Went To McDonald's After A Funeral.
Then A 5-Year-Old Walked Up With Something In Her Hand
On Friday, a large funeral took place in Kentucky for State Police trooper Joseph Cameron Ponder, who was shot to death during a traffic stop. Officers attended from across the country, even coming from as far afield as Alaska and California.
Six of the officers who attended the lengthy funeral, one from Ohio and the rest from Kentucky, stopped at a local McDonald's for something to eat afterwards. A five-year-old girl, Isabella Gregory, saw the officers and, knowing about the funeral for the policeman, decided to offer something to them that would brighten their day.
Isabella was there to buy ice cream with her mother. She decided to buy the officers a round of ice cream with her own allowance money.
One of the officers, Eric Homan, stated: "We were finishing up eating and Isabella comes out of nowhere and she's holding a tray of ice cream sundaes. She stepped right in between us all without fear and was so proud to thank us for protecting her and her family."
Sarah Yockey, Isabella's mother, recalled that her daughter said, "Their friend died, and it's not fair because he has a family too." (Western Journalism) Read more.
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for the love within the heart of this precious child and for how she chose to express it. So often we read of hatred being voiced against police officers. Here a child is reflecting the opposite and expressing gratitude for what most police officers do daily to protect us. We ask You to bless this child and to grow her mightily to be fully Yours, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self- control. There is no law against such things as these." (Galatians 5:22-23)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Ata Nehedar (You Are Glorious)
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.