Iran in the News
“He shall deliver you in six troubles, yes, in seven no evil shall touch you.” (Job 5:19)
1. U.N. Security Council Approves More Sanctions On Iran - All Headline News
The United Nations' top decision-making body has adopted tougher sanctions on Iran over its refusal to halt uranium its enrichment program. The U.N. Security Council on Saturday unanimously adopted the resolution calling for more sanctions on Iran.
2. Iran vows to continue atomic work despite UN - Ynet News
Iran said on Sunday it would press ahead with its nuclear program despite an “illegal” UN resolution imposing new financial and arms sanctions.
3. Blair: Iran must free naval prisoners in days - London Telegraph
Tony Blair warned Iran last night that it has only a few days to find a diplomatic solution to the escalating crisis over the 15 missing British sailors and Marines.
4. Iran 'to try Britons for espionage' - London Times
Fifteen British sailors and marines arrested by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards off the coast of Iraq may be charged with spying.
5. Russia, China Urge Iran to Heed U.N.- AP
The presidents of Russia and China on Monday called on Iran to fulfill the U.N. Security Council's demands over its disputed nuclear program - a sign of impatience from Iran's two closest allies over its continued defiance.
6. US energy secretary says pipeline could help Iran build bomb: report- AFP
US Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman has called for the planned Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline to be abandoned, saying it could help Iran build nuclear weapons, according to a report on Friday.