TODAY IS THE NATIONAL DAY OF REPENTANCE.
Also, join us this week in celebrating
the 62nd National Day of Prayer:
Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, April 30, 2013
> > > Streamlined edition**
"In his name the nations will put their hope." (Mathew 12:21)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
> > > Congress continues in recess this week, on a scheduled District Work Period. Many members of Congress are also honoring the National Day of Prayer in their home districts.
Please lift up your own member of Congress, as well
as your two senators, as they work to reach out to constituents this week.
** All week this week, we will bring you a streamlined edition of our Daily Brief. This will include the Brief, news from Israel, and our worship section. The full edition will return next week. Thank you!
The Daily Brief
1. N. Korea preparing for large-scale air, land exercise along Yellow Sea coast: source - Yonhap Korean News
North Korea is preparing to conduct a large-scale air, land combined forces exercise along its Yellow Sea coast, as it lets loose a steady barrage of verbal attacks against South Korea and the United States for conducting joint military drills.
- Lord, we pray Your peace would come to the Korea region. We pray that Your church in the region through prayers and actions would bring peace to this situation. We pray that prayers all over the world would rise for Korea.
- Will a lion roar in the forest, when he has no prey? Will a young lion cry out of his den, if he has caught nothing? (Amos 3:4)
2. Israel Says It Is Not Seeking U.S. Intervention in Syria - NY Times
A senior Israeli official said Sunday that Israel was not urging the United States to take military action in Syria, despite intelligence assessments asserting that the government of President Bashar al-Assad recently used chemical weapons in the civil war gripping its country.
- Lord, may our leaders, and the leaders of Israel have wise counsel from You in what actions to take with Syria. We pray especially for President Obama that he would seek, know, and receive godly counsel from You. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Plans are established by counsel; By wise counsel wage war. (Proverbs 20:18)
3. Iran moves American Christian into solitary confinement over prayer protest - Fox News
The American pastor jailed in Iran for his faith has been placed in solitary confinement and may now be suffering organ failure, according to family members in Iran who are increasingly alarmed at his deteriorating health.
Saeed Abedini, the 32-year-old Christian and American citizen who is serving an eight-year prison term in Iran, was put in solitary confinement following a "peaceful, silent protest" in an outside courtyard at Iran's notoriously brutal Evin prison, according to family members. Conditions at the prison prompted Abedini and other prisoners to sign a petition decrying the lack of medical care and the threats and harsh treatment facing family members who come to visit.
"There will be no more visitations allowed and we will have no way of knowing how Saeed is doing." - Naghmeh Abedini, wife of imprisoned pastor.
The protest angered prison officials who retaliated by placing Abedini and nine others in solitary confinement.
- Lord, we intercede for Saeed. We speak healing, restoration, and strength to his body. We place the angels of God around him to protect him from harm. Open the eyes of the prison guards to see the angels surrounding Saeed.
- Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists. (Acts 12:7)
4. Female DNA Found on Bomb in Boston - Wall Street Journal
Investigators have found female DNA on at least one of the bombs used in the Boston Marathon attacks, though they haven't determined whose DNA it is or whether its presence means a woman helped the two brothers suspected in the bombings, according to U.S. officials briefed on the probe.
- Lord, we pray all that is hidden with the Boston terror attacks would come to light. We ask You, Lord, who knows the whole story to bring it to light, and that it will be reported accurately. In the name of Jesus we pray.
- Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You. (Psalm 139:12)
5. Immigration bill grants amnesty to employers of illegals; no prosecution for bogus IDs - Washington Times
The debate is raging over whether the latest immigration bill is an amnesty for illegal immigrants, but one part is clear: The legislation would forgive businesses that have employed those immigrants illegally.
- Lord, we continue to pray for the immigration legislation. Guide the debate in the right direction for a viable solution to both sides of the issue which concerns businesses.
- To shine upon and give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to direct and guide our feet in a straight line into the way of peace. (Luke 1: 79)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"My help comes from YHWH, who made Heaven and earth." (Psalms 121:2)
1. Israel lawmaker claims Hezbollah getting chemicals - AP
A former Israeli defense minister alleged Monday that Syria's chemical weapons are "trickling" to the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah, the first claim by a senior politician in Israel that one of the country's nightmare scenarios is coming true.
2. Israel's 5th Dolphin submarine unveiled in Germany - Jerusalem Post
Israel and Germany unveiled the fifth Dolphin-class submarine constructed for the Israel Navy at a ceremony at the German port of Kiel on Monday.
3. Netanyahu says Iran hasn't crossed nuclear "red line" - Reuters
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday Iran had not crossed the "red line" he set for its nuclear program, despite an assessment to the contrary by a former Israeli intelligence chief.
4. Israel will be 'wiped out' if it attacks Hezbollah, Iran says - Times of Israel
A top general in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps on Sunday warned Israel that any military action against Lebanon and the Hezbollah terror group would result in Israel's destruction.
NDP: Ways to Get Involved
National Day of Prayer Is This Week:
- Ways To Get Involved
As you make plans for the National Day of Prayer this week, keep in mind there are numerous ways to get involved. It is amazing how fast a day will pass, so try participating in one or more of the following events, listed below.
Also, please keep in mind that the National Day of Prayer is a catalyst for an ongoing prayer movement in our nation... It doesn't end on the first Thursday of May. Rather, it only begins! Make the commitment to pray and be sure to check back with us regularly for new resources, exciting events, and great opportunities that are sure to help you grow in your prayer journey.
Starting after Memorial Day, the National Day of Prayer is launching a national bus tour, so look for details coming soon on Commit2Pray.com - this will include a 5K Run in Camden County, NJ on the 4th of July. Then, this October, be sure to tune in to the first global PrayerCast featuring the foremost teachers on prayer, LIVE. So mark your calendars for October 18-19 now.
Vice Chairman, National Day of Prayer Task Force
WEDNESDAY MORNING, 10am-11am ET
Join us a for a LIVE WEBCAST of a special Men's Prayer time, broadcast from the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C. This prayer time will include ministry, business, and congressional leaders with speakers Pastor Greg Laurie (2013 Honorary Chairman), Dr. Kenyn Cureton, Dr. James Dobson, John Bornschein, and many others.
> > > Note: This webcast won't play until 10:00 a.m. To view this webcast, broadcast live from the studio at the Family Research Council, go here.
THURSDAY MORNING, 9am-12pm ET
THE NATIONAL OBSERVANCE OF THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
The Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.
Join Pastor Greg Laurie, Dr. James and Shirley Dobson, Congressman Robert Aderholt, Mrs. Vonette Bright, Mr. Pat Boone, Congressman Frank Wolf, Wintley Phipps, Chaplain Barry Black, The Annie Moses Band, Dr. Dick Eastman, Mr. David Butts, Mr. John Bornschein, and more LIVE from Washington D.C. this Thursday, May 2, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon EST.
The National Day of Prayer Task Force has partnered, once again, with GOD TV to broadcast this special event, which will be available to millions of viewers in more than 200 countries around the world. The program will also be broadcast on DirecTV channel 365 and streamed LIVE on this website.
THURSDAY EVENING, 10pm-12am ET
We'd love for you to join with us as John Bornschein (Vice Chairman), Lisa Crump, Dion Elmore, and others lead a National Prayer Call this Thursday, May 2, 2013 from 10pm - 11:30 pm ET. Special guests include Congressman Doug Lamborn, Steve Green (Hobby Lobby), Ken Crawford (LAPD Chaplain), and more.
DATE: 5/2/13 - 10:00 pm ET
POST/FIND AND EVENT NEAR YOU
Thousands of prayer gatherings are taking place across the United States on this 62nd annual National Day of Prayer. Chances are, there is an event right near you. To find out, click here and search by city, state and zip. Be sure to make sure the mile radius is set correctly or it may limit your search too much. Start with a state search and see where the Lord leads you.
To learn more, go here.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
What the Lord has Done in me