Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, July 30, 2015
"The Lord Thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Psalm 68:1)
[We will be publishing this new, "streamlined edition" of the Daily Brief through Tuesday, August 4th].
" . . . His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19b)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Destruction of Beit El buildings begins amid continued riots - YNET News
Destruction began Wednesday after the High Court upheld a decision to tear down two controversial housing structures known as the Draynoff buildings in the West Bank settlement of Beit El after nearly two days of violence between settlers and police at the scene.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced in wake of the riots and destruction that 300 new housing units would be approved for Beit El along with new construction in Jerusalem.
More violence erupted in wake of the court's decision as tractors arrived in Beit El to tear down the Draynoff buildings and water cannons fired on rioters in the streets. Ten of the rioters were arrested and at least six were lightly wounded. (Read More)
2. Report: IAF strike in Syria targeted Hezbollah members and fighters under Lebanese terrorist Kuntar - Jerusalem Post
The Israel Air Force reportedly struck a vehicle located in a Druse village in southwestern Syria on Wednesday, killing Hezbollah men and a pro-Assad militiaman, as well as a military base in Lebanon.
The Druse village, Hader, is located near the Golan Heights.
The second strike targeted a Lebanese military installation near the Syrian border, wounding six, according to Arab media reports. It is believed to belong to a pro-Syrian Palestinian faction. In a newsflash, Syrian state television quoted a military source as saying that Israeli planes had struck a base belonging to the Damascus-based Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, a faction that backs President Bashar Assad. The attack occurred at 3:15 p.m. (Read More)
3. Netanyahu, Abbas may address the EU in bid to reinvigorate peace process - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas could address European heads of state in the near future as part of a push by the international community to jump-start the peace process.
It would be Netanyahu's first address to the EU Council as premier, even though he has spoken three times before a joint session of Congress.(Read More)
4. Israel's Foreign Ministry chief: Sunni Arab nations are our 'allies' - Times of Israel
NEW YORK - The director general of Israel's Foreign Ministry, Dore Gold, called the Middle East's Sunni Arab nations "Israel's allies."
Gold used the term twice in a presentation Wednesday in New York focused on the shortcomings of the Iran nuclear deal.
"What we have is a regime on a roll that is trying to conquer the Middle East," Gold said of Iran, "and it's not Israel talking, that is our Sunni Arab neighbors - and you know what? I'll use another expression - that is our Sunni Arab allies talking."(Read More)
5. Hamas calls for 'revolt' against Palestinian Authority - Times of Israel
GAZA CITY - Deputies of the Islamist movement Hamas which rules Gaza on Wednesday renewed calls for a "revolt" against the internationally recognized Palestinian Authority over its sweeping arrests of anti-Israel militants.
The deputies, in an act of defiance, held a meeting in the parliament building in Gaza City, which has not convened officially since 2007 when Hamas expelled PA security forces after a week of deadly clashes.
They called for "an uprising and a revolt against the political arrests" carried out by the PA in the West Bank and for Palestinian factions to adopt "a firm stand against the Authority's crimes against the resistance and its members."(Read More)
6. Jordan jails eight for plot to attack Israeli embassy - Times of Israel
Jordan handed down jail sentences Wednesday against seven of its citizens and a Syrian for planning attacks on US soldiers in the country and on the Israeli embassy, a judicial source said.
The plots in question would have involved "terrorist acts" against the US service personnel at a Jordan military base in al-Moaqar in 2006 and against the Israeli embassy in Amman in 2008, the source said without elaborating.
The charges included "plotting to commit a terrorist act, and possession of weapons and explosives for use" in those acts. (Read More)
The Daily Brief
1. Putin Threatens America with Nuclear Annihilation - AIM
The nation is fiercely debating the Iran nuclear deal and the significance of the Ayatollah's "death to America" tweets when the real problem is Iran's sponsor, Russia, and its lunatic ruler, Vladimir Putin. By controlling the media, killing off the opposition, and smearing Ukrainian freedom fighters as Nazis, the former KGB colonel has his country worked into a collective frenzy over a concocted Western threat. Some experts believe Russia is preparing for nuclear war on a global scale. If Putin carries out his threats, America is no more.
In this case, the U.S. is facing not only a nuclear weapons program, which is the case with Iran, but what our top generals are calling an "existential threat" to our survival as a nation. (Read More)
- Father, something is amiss here. If we know this information about Russia, why are we not actively protecting our future with weapons that can out maneuver theirs? Bring to light any hidden agreements or bribes that have occurred for the U.S. to just sit by and watch this happen.
- And you shall take no bribe, for a bribe blinds the clear-sighted and subverts the cause of those who are in the right. (Exodus 23:8)
2. Taliban's Mullah Omar died in 2013, Afghan government says- CNN
Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar died in April 2013 in Pakistan, a spokesperson for Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said Wednesday in a news release, citing "credible information."
Under Omar's leadership, the Taliban offered safe haven to al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, precipitating the U.S. military action in Afghanistan after the terror attacks of September 11, 2001.
White House deputy press secretary Eric Schultz could not confirm the death but said the administration believes the reports are credible. Schultz says the intelligence community is looking into the reports. (Read More)
- Father, the evil that men do lives after them and the Taliban is still a force of evil in Afghanistan. We pray that You will strike the wicked according to Your Word.
-"Evil shall slay the wicked" (Psalm 34:21a)
3. Officials: Iran may take own samples at alleged nuclear site - Ynet news
Iran wants its own officials to take soil samples at a site where it is alleged to have experimented with ways to detonate a nuclear weapon, and the UN agency probing the suspicions may agree provided it is allowed to monitor the process, two officials told The Associated Press Tuesday.(Read More)
- Lord, we all know that Iran does not tell the truth, so why are our leaders allowing them to take their own samples? We pray that You will intervene in this most dangerous situation for both the U.S. and Israel.
- "But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble." (Psalm 37:39)
4. Kerry Acknowledges Iran 'May' Use Weapons Obtained Through Agreement to Kill Americans, Israelis- CNS News
Secretary of State John Kerry conceded on Tuesday that Iran "may" use weapons that it will acquire as a result of restrictions being lifted under the nuclear agreement to kill Americans and Israelis.(Read More)
- Lord, we are appalled that our leadership knew of this problem from the beginning and went ahead with it anyway. They have shown themselves untrustworthy in every area. We pray for mercy over our nation, asking You to remember mercy in the wrath to come.
-"O Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
5. 2 dead after Legionnaires' disease outbreak hits New York City- Fox News
The New York City Department of Health is investigating an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease in the South Bronx.
The department said Wednesday that 31 cases have been reported in the area since July 10. Two patients reported to have the illness have died, and the department is looking into how these deaths relate to the outbreak.
About 2,200 Legionnaire's illnesses have been reported nationwide since Jan. 1, including more than 100 in New York City. City Health Commissioner Dr. Mary Bassett says the South Bronx cases represent an "unusual increase."(Read More)
- Father, we take authority over this outbreak in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood. We command this disease to stop where it is and go no farther!
- "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)
6. Court bars anti-abortion group from releasing new videos - Fox News
A temporary restraining order has been issued preventing an anti-abortion group from releasing any video of leaders of a California company that provides fetal tissue to researchers. The group is the same one that previously shot viral covert video of a Planned Parenthood leader discussing the sale of aborted fetuses for research.(Read More)
- Lord, You are the God of Justice. We ask that even the few videos that have gone out will spread far and wide, opening the eyes of Americans to the evil practices of Planned Parenthood. We pray not just defunding for that organization, but a move of Your Spirit to convict them of the murders they have committed.
- "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment" (John 16:8)
7. U.S. State Dept. Bars Christians from Testifying about Persecution- BreakingIsraelNews
During the height of one of the most brutal months of Muslim persecution of Christians, the U.S. State Department exposed its double standards against persecuted Christian minorities.
Sister Diana, an influential Iraqi Christian leader, who was scheduled to visit the U.S. to advocate for persecuted Christians in the Mideast, was denied a visa by the U.S. State Department even though she had visited the U.S. before, most recently in 2012. (Read More)
- Father, this administration has proven it hates Christians. We ask that You work on the hearts of the State Department to grant this visa, and let it be to the Glory of Your Name!
-"He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. The Lord preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy." (Psalm 145:19-20)
8. Illegal Aliens Outnumber Unemployed Americans -Townhall
The Pew Research Center says that the number of illegal aliens in the country currently outnumber unemployed Americans. The number of illegal immigrants in the United States totaled 11.3 million in 2014, outnumbering the 9.6 million Americans who were unemployed in the same year, according to data from Pew Research Center and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Lord, this statistic is horrifying for America. You are the only one who can reverse this trend and stop the illegal immigration in America. We plead before Your Throne for answers and strategies.
-"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
The Daily Jot
Those White House birds of a communist feather
Our friends at the venerable Judicial Watch (JW) have uncovered yet another communist in close association with the "president." Remember when being a communist was a threat to national security? Not anymore. We have communists in the White House, communists in the Congress, and communists in the news media. Now JW is releasing the results of an investigation into the "president's" most trusted advisor, Valerie Jarrett. The FBI files obtained by JW reveal that Jarrett was raised by devout communists on both sides of her family. Jarrett's father, maternal grandfather, and father-in-law were all "hardcore communists under investigation by the US government."
JW reports: "Jarrett's dad, pathologist and geneticist Dr. James Bowman, had extensive ties to Communist associations and individuals, his lengthy FBI file shows. In 1950 Bowman was in communication with a paid Soviet agent named Alfred Stern, who fled to Prague after getting charged with espionage. Bowman was also a member of a Communist-sympathizing group called the Association of Internes and Medical Students...an organization that "has long been a faithful follower of the Communist Party line" and engages in un-American activities. Bowman was born in Washington DC and had deep ties to Chicago, where he often collaborated with fellow Communists."
JW found that the Jarrett family Communist ties also include a business partnership between Jarrett's maternal grandpa, Robert Rochon Taylor, and Alfred Stern, a Soviet agent charged with espionage who was closely associated with her dad. JW reports, "Jarrett's father-in-law, Vernon Jarrett, was also another big-time Chicago Communist, according to separate FBI filesobtained by JW as part of a probe into the Jarrett family's Communist ties. For a period of time Vernon Jarrett appeared on the FBI's Security Index and was considered a potential Communist saboteur who was to be arrested in the event of a conflict with the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR)."
Why is all this so bad? The Iranian-born Jarrett, herself, has continued in her family tradition. According to JW, she is tied to the Muslim Brotherhood, closely associated with Communist Party member Frank Marshall Davis (the "president's" mentor), associated with convicted Chicago real estate felon (also the "president's" fundraiser) Antoin "Tony" Rezko, and played a major role in covering up former Attorney General Eric Holder's "fast and furious" gun running operation to Mexican drug lords. Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Communism seeks to abolish all religion and morals, making government the god of the people, and those who lead communist government, demigods.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Jackie Evancho - The Prayer
Yes . . . Lord!