HAPPY NEW YEAR!
God bless you ALL!!
Please note our new email address:
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, December 31, 2015
"They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings-and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." (Revelation 17:14)
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" (Rev. 22:17)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
1. Israel okays $4 billion upgrade plan for Arab communities- Times of Israel
The government on Wednesday unanimously approved a NIS 15 billion ($3.84 billion) five-year plan to develop Israeli Arab and other minority communities in an effort to bring them up to par with the general population.
The plan by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Finance Minister Moshe Kahlon and Social Equality Minister Gila Gamliel's aims to "advance a systematic and structural economic development plan for the minority sector," the Prime Minister's Office said in a statement.
2. Hamas bans New Year's Eve parties in Gaza - Times of Israel
Hamas has banned public New Year's Eve parties in the Gaza Strip because they offend the territory's "values and religious traditions," the Islamist terror group's police force said Wednesday.
"The interior ministry and police department did not give permits to any restaurants, hotels or halls for end-of-year parties" after several venues requested permission, police spokesman Ayman al-Batinji told AFP.
He said New Year's Eve celebrations were "incompatible with our customs, traditions, values and the teachings of our religion."
3. Settlers blocked from moving to building opposite Cave of the Patriarchs - Jerusalem Post
An effort by settlers in Hebron to move into a three-story stone building opposite the Cave of the Patriarchs received a setback earlier this week.
On Tuesday, the Civil Administration's Registration Committee refused to transfer the property from Palestinian hands to a company called Alaaidon, which is operating on behalf of the Jewish community of Hebron.
Its refusal returned to the limelight an issue that has been dormant since 2013, when Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon authorized the building's purchase from its Palestinian owners.
4. Israel to PA: Stop terror wave and peace talks can be renewed - Israel National News
Israel has conditioned a return to peace talks with the Palestinian Authority (PA) on an end to the current wave of terror, Walla! News reported on Wednesday, citing senior Palestinian officials.
According to the sources, during several recent high-level security-related meetings between Israeli representatives and PA representatives, the PA representatives raised the possibility of resuming peace talks in an attempt to restore calm to the region.
The officials reportedly set several conditions already made in previous discussions between Israel and the PA, including a freeze on construction in Judea and Samaria, an agreement on negotiations on the pre-1967 borders, and the release of 36 terrorist prisoners who were supposed to be released during the last round of talks that broke down in 2014.
5. Russia Pushes Back Against Designating Hezbollah, Hamas Terrorist Organizations - Algemeiner
While Washington and Moscow agree that ISIS, al-Qaeda and Jabhat al-Nusra constitute the main terrorist threats in Syria, Russia has pushed back against a similar designation for Lebanese Hezbollah and the Gaza-ruling Hamas, Russian news agency Interfax reported on Tuesday.
"We are not even discussing Hezbollah and Hamas with the Americans," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov said.
"Our opinions coincide as regards the main terrorist organizations. These are ISIS, al-Qaeda and Jabhat al-Nusra. These are the main ones, and there is a definite consent about them," said Gatilov, and according to the report, Russian officials repeatedly deny that Hezbollah and Hamas will be added to that mix.
6. Hundreds of Islamic State militants amassed at Israel's border - YNET News
A few weeks ago a huge explosion rocked the town of el-Hmidaiah, near the Quneitra crossing and 400 meters from the border fence with Israel. IDF troops were dispatched for fear that a mortar shell had fallen in the Ein Zivan area.
After a few hours it became clear that the capabilities of Islamic State supporters over the border were no longer restricted to use of light weapons and machine guns. Two car bombs had exploded at an outpost of the Jabhat al-Nusra rebel organization.
The Daily Brief
1. Rabbi Reveals Conflict Between Russia and Turkey the Precursor to Messiah - Breaking Israel News
According to the understanding passed down in his family, Rabbi Shtern explained that each letter in the entire verse is used in an acronym for: אם תום אלף שישי רובו יפול קיסר רוסיה אלכסנדר אז תהינה כמה מלחמות בעולם אז חריבה רוסיה ירושלים תבנה הגלות יסור מעלינו יבוא משיחנו. At the end of six thousand the Caesar of Russia Alexander will fall, there will be several wars in the world, Russia will be destroyed and Jerusalem will be built, the Diaspora will leave us, and the Messiah will come. (Read more)
- "And Jacob called unto his sons, and said: 'Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the end of days. Assemble yourselves, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. " (Genesis 49:1-2)
2. 'It wears you out,' Missourian says as flood rises -CNN affiliate
17 Million in US are in Flood Danger
As swollen rivers and streams pushed to heights not seen in nearly a quarter-century, officials in Missouri and Illinois helped residents get to higher ground Wednesday amid fears that already dire conditions could worsen as floodwaters began spilling over the federal levees protecting some communities and farmland. (Read more)
- Father we pray that You will save those who are losing their homes and businesses in the wake of this flooding. Preserve man and beast, Father and in Your wrath remember mercy.
- ". . . In wrath, remember mercy . . ." (Habakkuk 3:2c)
3. Freakish weather from the North Pole to South America- Washington Post
From the top of the world to near the bottom, freakish and unprecedented weather has sent temperatures soaring across the Arctic, whipped the United Kingdom with hurricane-force winds and spawned massive flooding in South America.
The same storm that slammed the southern United States with deadly tornadoes and swamped the Midwest, causing even greater loss of life, continued on to the Arctic. Subtropical air pulled there is now sitting over Iceland, and at what should be a deeply sub-zero North Pole, temperatures on Wednesday appeared to reach the melting point - more than 50 degrees above normal. That was warmer than Chicago.
Only twice before has the Arctic been so warm in winter. Residents of Iceland are bracing for conditions to grow much worse as one of the most powerful storms ever recorded blasts through the North Atlantic. This rare "bomb cyclone" arrived with sudden winds of 70 miles per hour and waves that lashed the coast. (Read more)
- Father, we rebuke this "weird" weather and command the winds and storms to stop in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.
- ". . . whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven . . . " (Matthew 16:19)
4. Enrique Marquez, friend of San Bernardino shooter, indicted on gun, terror charges - Fox News
A friend of one of the shooters in the San Bernardino massacre that killed 14 people was indicted Wednesday on charges that include conspiring in a pair of previous planned attacks and making false statements when he bought the guns used in this month's shootings, authorities said.
The indictment by a federal grand jury avoids the need for a probable cause hearing before a judge to determine whether 24-year-old Enrique Marquez Jr. should stand trial on the five counts.
The charges include conspiring with shooter Syed Farook to carry out attacks in 2011 and 2012. (Read more)
- Father, thank You that this man was caught. We pray for his soul, but we also ask for Your justice. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "For the lord is a God of justice . . ." (Isaiah 30:18c)
5. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says police changes will focus on use of force - Fox News
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that Chicago police must be better trained to distinguish between when they can use a gun and when they should use a gun, after a series of shootings by officers sparked protests and complaints that police are too quick to fire their weapons.
Emanuel announced changes in police training and department policies on use of force during a news conference, pledging "nothing less than complete and total reform." Reforms, he said, will include doubling the number of Tasers available to officers - from 700 to 1,400- as he works to restore public trust in Chicago's 12,000-officer force and in his administration. (Read more)
- Father, as "change" is brought to the Chicago Police, we ask that You protect those who are good men and women against any changes that might endanger their lives. We pray for good leadership and wisdom for each one. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "These also who erred in spirit will come to understanding . . ." (Isaiah 29:24a)
6. Belgian police arrest 10th suspect in Paris attacks probe; detain 6 in alleged New Year's plot - Fox news
Belgian police arrested a 10th suspect Thursday in connection with last month's terrorist attacks in Paris and detained six others while investigating an alleged plot to carry out a New Year's Eve attack in the capital, Brussels. (Read more)
- Father, thank You as these plots are uncovered around the world. We ask that You keep all nations safe from the evil that is lurking among the nations. We praise You in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "His enemies I will clothe with shame . . ." (Psalm 132:18a)
7. Iran Arrests 9 Christians on Christmas Day for Celebrating Jesus Christ - Christian Post
The government of Iran reportedly arrested a group of nine Christians on Christmas Day for celebrating their faith at an in-house church in the city of Shiraz.
"There has been a steady deterioration of human rights abuses in Iran during Hassan Rouhani's tenure as president, including executions and suppression of religious and ethnic minorities," said Shahin Gobadi of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Council of Resistance of Iran.
"This is just another case in point. Actually, the clerical regime is one of the top violators of rights of religious minorities, including Christians, in the world. The regime has institutionalized repression of the Iranian people as the main tool of its survival." (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for Your mercy over these believers who have been arrested. As Pastor Saeed and others have languished in Iranian prisons, now these men will be headed toward long sentences of even death. We pray for their families, and that their Light will shine in the darkness.
- "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven." (Matthew 5:10)
8. Top U.S. general in Afghanistan says he may seek more troops - CNN
The U.S.'s top commander in Afghanistan said in an interview published Tuesday that he wants to keep as many troops as possible on the ground and would not rule out seeking additional forces. In an interview with USA Today, Army General John Campbell said he intends to "keep as much as I could for as long as I could." "If I don't believe that we can accomplish the train, advise and assist and the (counter-terrorism) missions, then I owe it to the senior leadership to come back and say, 'Here's what I need.' If that's more people, it's more people," Campbell said. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that Your perfect will be accomplished in this situation. The defeat of terrorists must be the goal of any and all military actions in Afghanistan.
- "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven . . . " (Matthew 6:10)
9. U.S. preparing sanctions on Iran over ballistic missile program: sources - Reuters
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration is preparing new sanctions on international companies and individuals over Iran's ballistic missile program, sources familiar with the situation said on Wednesday.
The Wall Street Journal reported earlier that the potential sanctions would target about 12 companies and individuals in Iran, Hong Kong and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for their suspected role in developing Iran's ballistic-missile program.
U.S. officials have said the Treasury Department retains a right under July's landmark nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers, including Washington, to blacklist Iranian entities suspected of involvement in missile development, the Journal said. (Read more)
- Lord, we see this report, but we also see that the nuclear deal is going forward in spite of Iran's violations - their ballistic program, their shooting rockets near our warship, their shouting "Death to America," all of these things are not the fruits of a friend nor a nation we should trust. We ask for Your wisdom to cover us at this time.
- "Behold You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)
10. Gallup: America Remains a Predominantly Christian Nation - CNS News
Despite a downtick in the percentage of the U.S. population identifying as Christian since 2008, America remains a predominantly Christian nation with 94 percent (94%) of those who identify with a religion stating that they are Christian, according to Gallup. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for this confirmation of what we have known all along in spite of what the resident of the White House has been telling people. We pray that Your people will rise up and be counted in 2016, to stand against the lies of the enemy.
- "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19c)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, December 31, 2015
The "president's" empowerment of Pakistani terrorists
Throughout 2007, The Daily Jot pointed toward Pakistan as a possible new front in the war of Islamic aggression. On New Years Eve 2007, The Daily Jot reported that the assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto indicated that Pakistan's nuclear arsenal, reportedly under the secure control of the Pakistan military in conjunction with US oversight, was a target of al Qaeda and the Taliban. Since then, the "president" has often reported that the Taliban has been defeated. But now, Pakistan and the Taliban are once again surfacing as we close out 2015, eight years later, and many of the terror threats appear to originate in 2007, and the "president's" policies beginning in 2009 have encouraged their growth.
Judicial Watch exposed a $70 million USAID pet program sponsored by the "first lady" to educate some 200,000 Pakistani female students between the ages of 10 and 19--The Let Girls Learn/Pakistan program serves as a catalyst for broader political and social commitment "to empower adolescent girls in Pakistan." AP reported that the woman who carried out the terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Tashfeen Malik, lived in Pakistan from 2007 to 2014 and attended a school in a region that is home to "thousands of extremist seminaries, with hundreds linked to al Qaeda and the Pakistani Taliban." The UK Daily Mail documented ties between Malik and the Red Mosque in Islamabad which is infamous for its links to violence.
The Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, chaired by Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL), reports that Islamic immigration to the US has grown sharply just over the five most recent years. Counting all of the green cards issued to foreign nationals of predominantly Muslim countries between FY 2009 and FY 2013 alone, the subcommittee found that 680,000 individuals have been granted legal permanent residence in America. Since 2001, some 200,000 came from Pakistan, according to a report from Conservative Review. For example, AFP reported that Nadir Soofi, one of the gunmen who attacked a Texas venue hosting a contest to draw the Prophet Mohammed, was from an elite Pakistani school.
Hundreds of Pakistani terrorist fighters have moved to Afghanistan to join what the Washington Post reported this week as "the resurgent Taliban threat" where "the Taliban now holds more territory than in any year since 2001." Breitbart News reports that in November six men--five Pakistani and one Afghani--were captured illegally entering the US from the Arizona border and were alleged to have terrorist ties. The "president" is currently preparing an executive action to bring in another 100,000 foreigners, including Pakistanis, who were previously restricted from obtaining green cards. All these programs and policies increase the chances of terrorism in the US. People will try to spin it in other ways, but as Christ said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
New Year's Alerts
New Year's Alerts
1. U.S. warily eyes New Year's threats in cities abroad - Reuters
Officials at the Department of Homeland Security and other U.S. agencies, however, said they were unaware of any imminent or credible threats by Islamic State or other militants to attack inside the United State or hit American targets overseas. (Read more)
2. Security tight as terror threat looms over New York, Los Angeles New Year's celebrations - Fox News
Authorities are stepping up security for New Year's Eve celebrations across the U.S. as revelers prepare to welcome 2016 amid widespread nervousness after recent terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, Calif.
In America's two largest cities, officials assured the public Wednesday that there were no known credible threats against either New York or Los Angeles ahead of three of the most famous New Year's events on the calendar.
About 1 million people are expected to pack the blocks around Times Square Thursday night to watch the 11,875-pound Waterford crystal ball drop, marking the official start of 2016.
At least 6,000 NYPD patrol officers will be assigned to the Times Square festivities, between 600 and 800 more than on New Year's Eve 2014. Visitors will see heavily armed counterterrorism teams and bomb-sniffing dogs. Rooftop patrols and NYPD helicopters will keep an eye on the crowd, and plainclothes officers will blend in with revelers. Newly graduated officers will take part. (Read more)
3. Brussels Cancels New Year's Eve Fireworks Due to Threat - ABC News
The New Year's Eve fireworks display is being canceled in Belgium's capital due to threats of an extremist attack.
Brussels Yvan Mayeur, the Belgian capital's mayor, said the decision was taken Wednesday evening after consultation with government officials. "We are forced to cancel considering the risk analysis done by the Crisis Center," he told the French-language RTBF network.
Last Dec. 31, Mayeur said, 100,000 people turned out in the Belgian capital to ring in the new year. "In these circumstances, we can't check everyone," Mayeur said.
Brussels was home to four of the radical Islamic attackers who killed 130 people in Paris Nov. 13. The week, Belgian authorities arrested two people in connection with another suspected plot to attack police, soldiers and popular Brussels sites during the holidays. (Read more)
- Thank You for vigilance, Lord. We pray that all citizens will be vigilant to whatever is hiding in the shadows, whether here or abroad. We cover all New Years' events this weekend in Your Shed Blood, as well as the Rose Bowl Parade, the Orange Bowl Parade and all other parades; and all NFL games that will be played over this holiday weekend. We do this in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me . . ." (Psalm 23:4)
The Persecuted Church
Religious persecution peaks as China attempts to co-opt Christianity for political ends
In what's seen as the country's worst persecution in 40 years, China is seeking to control Christians by damaging or destroying hundreds of churches.
According to a report by UCAnews.com, 2014 saw a 40-year peak in religious persecution, with 500 churches damaged or destroyed in the province of Zhejiang. By Christmas of this year, the number had exploded to 1,500, with the government using various building code violations as the pretext to carry out its destruction.
Authorities have now begun focusing less on church façades as they seek to interfere more inside Christian church buildings. State officials are attending church gatherings on Sunday to silence critical voices. They also post propaganda and even Bible verses that supposedly support government doctrine.
State-run media outfits admit this is an attempt to make churches more Chinese and less "foreign." (Church Militant) Read more here.
We Give Thanks For . . .
At the end of this tumultuous year, we give thanks for . . .
1. You and your intercession
2. Our Lord, who hears and who answers our prayers
3. That we saw no economic collapse in America
4. That (in spite of San Bernardino), we have not yet seen the multiple terrorist attacks that have been predicted by those in authority
5. That Israel is not at war
6. That war has not broken out - yet - in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world
7. That civil war has not broken out - yet - in America
8. That the American people seem to be waking up to the true danger and message of Islam
9. For the many wonderful ministries God has birthed in the Body of Christ in America
10. For our unity, at the foot of the Cross
Special New Year's Day Conference Call
Special New Year's Day Conference Call
SURGING TOGETHER INTO 2016
Dai Sup Han and PrayerSurgeNow are hosting a special conference call this Saturday, January 2, 2016, to welcome the New Year. This call will begin at 7:30 a.m. EST and continue on throughout the morning hours.
All are welcome to join this call. To do so, please go here for more details.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
SHOUT AND SING
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" (Romans 8:35)
The love of God, whose sacred bond, Nor life nor death can sever, Thro' grace divine has made us one, In Christ the Lord forever.
Then shout and sing,
Though time may bring
Its clouds of care and sorrow;
The golden ray they veil today
Will brighter shine tomorrow.
If one in Christ, what joy is ours, Thro' faith His smile beholding, We dwell secure, our anchor sure, His arm our souls enfolding.
Yes, one in Christ, and He in us, The hope of endless glory, We journey on while sweeter grows Redemption's grand old story.
To sinners now, we'll gladly tell His love so freely flowing, And help them find the land of song To which we now are going.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby
Music: Bentley D. Ackley
Signs and Wonders
Increased activity at Vanuatu volcanoes
Disaster authorities in Vanuatu are closely monitoring unprecedented simultaneous increases in activity at three of the country's volcanoes. The Vanuatu Geohazards Department has put out level 2 alerts for both the northern and southern volcanoes of Ambrym and Tanna with local communities and tourists banned from visiting the rim of these craters. (Radio New Zealand) Read more here.
- Lord God, we pray for safety for all who may be in the path of these volcanoes, in Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
The Good News Corner
Historic City of Selma Finally Abortion Free; Illegal Abortion Mill Shuts Down
SELMA, Ala., Dec. 30, 2015 /Christian Newswire/ - In 2014, Fr. Terry Gensemer of CEC For Life uncovered an illegal abortion clinic in Selma, Alabama, and began efforts to stop the appalling operation. Now, the coalition of pro-life organizations that developed around those efforts has confirmed that Dr. Samuel Lett is no longer performing abortions in the city of Selma.
The Central Alabama Women's Clinic, formerly used as Lett's back-alley abortion clinic, is now operating as a weight-loss facility.
Pro-life leaders from CEC For Life, Operation Rescue, Life Legal Defense Foundation, The National Black Prolife Coalition and Created Equal have been building public awareness around this illegal clinic for nearly two years. Aside from several public campaigns and a historic march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge with Alveda King, Charmaine Yoest and Star Parker, these same organizations have continued to call for state authorities to take action and prevent Lett from becoming the next Gosnell.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Jesus Culture - "Rooftops"