Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, October 30, 2017
"I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes." (Psalm 119:59)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ . . ."
Nation to be covered in prayer tomorrow: Tuesday, October 31st.
A prophet has spoken that our nation MUST shut down a scheme of the evil one that is to be birthed on Tuesday, October 31st. Abba is calling us to heed and to obey.
The way to "pray through the day" is to read His Word OUT LOUD before His Throne of Grace, hour by hour. Our obedience WILL cancel the plans of the enemy.
Here was the word of the LORD:
"Intercessors, Stop The Birthing ON The 31st".
Beginning at midnight tonight and continuing through midnight tomorrow, please call us and join us in reading the WORD out loud, together. When you call in, the facilitator will welcome you and let you know where we are as we read the Scriptures TOGETHER.
We read out of the King James Version, the New KJV, the New American Standard, and the New International Version (NIV).
You can join us by calling: 712-770-4340
Access code: 350430#
" . . . but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."
Focus on Israel
1. Hamas Security Chief Survives Car Bombing "Assassination Attempt" - Breaking Israel News
Hamas security chief Tafiq Abu Naim was hospitalized on Friday after a car bombing, which Hamas called "a failed assassination attempt", left him moderately wounded.
"General Tawfiq Abu Naim survived an assassination attempt Friday afternoon, after his car was blown up in the Nuseirat refugee camp in the middle of Gaza City," Hamas Interior Ministry in Gaza Spokesman Iyad Bozm said in a statement following the explosion.
While Deputy Hamas Chief in Gaza later blamed Israel, announcing at a press conference that "we point our fingers directly at the occupation and its spies," another Hamas statement described the attack only as "an act of cowardice that would only be perpetrated by the enemies of the Palestinian people and the homeland."
According to the Times of Israel, reports indicate that Hamas officials in Gaza believe the Islamic State (ISIS) was behind the bombing. No group has yet claimed responsibility.
2. PM delays vote on bill annexing Greater Jerusalem after US frowns on it- Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delayed on Saturday an initial vote on the Greater Jerusalem bill, after some of his coalition partners opposed it and the US appeared to frown on it.
The Ministerial Committee for Legislative Affairs had intended to vote Sunday on the bill, which would shore up the Jewish vote in Jerusalem by annexing 19 settlements to the capital.
Sources said the legislation needed "diplomatic preparation and has therefore been rejected for the moment."
News of the delay came two days after Washington publicly indicated that it could be opposed to the bill.
3. Israel, Palestinians said back to full West Bank security cooperation- Times of Israel
Security coordination between Israel and the Palestinian Authority has fully resumed some 3 months after Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas suspended it to protest new security restrictions imposed at the Temple Mount, Channel 2 TV reported Friday.
Channel 2 said the Palestinian forces resumed full coordination this week, but provided no further details. In July, Abbas suspended security coordination with Israel to protest the installation of metal detectors at entrances to the site, a move that sparked widespread protests and condemnation from the Muslim world.
4. Jordan Reportedly Furious Over Palestinian Reconciliation Deal - Breaking Israel News
Jordan's King Abdullah expressed strong disapproval of the recent Fatah-Hamas reconciliation deal during a meeting with Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas in Amman, Palestinian and Jordanian sources told Israel Hayom this week.
In the meeting, Abdullah said he was apprehensive about the possibility that former Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal will vie for the PA presidency as well as the Gaza-ruling terror group's influence in the West Bank. Those factors constitute a threat to Jordan since they will likely destabilize the internal security of the kingdom, Abdullah told Abbas, who heads the PA-controlling Fatah party.
5. Firefighters battle massive day-old blaze west of Jerusalem- Times of Israel
At least 15 firefighting crews and four planes were still battling the forest fire in the Sataf area west of Jerusalem on Friday morning, almost 24 hours after it began.
The Fire and Rescue Service teams were bolstered on Friday by JNF firefighters at three sites where the blaze still burned. According to officials, one of the sites is a steep mountainside, and firefighters have struggled to find stable perches from which to spray at the flames.
The Daily Brief
1. US Vice President Pence to visit Israel in December - Times of Israel
US Vice President Mike Pence announced Wednesday that he will travel to Israel and Egypt in late December at President Donald Trump's request. He said he'll deliver a message during the trip that now is the time to "end the persecution of Christians and all religious minorities."
The vice president will visit Israel during Hanukkah. He'll discuss the prospects for a Middle East peace agreement in separate meetings with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, according to the White House. Pence is also expected to address US policy toward Iran and highlight Israel's space program.
Pence will also meet with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi and highlight US-Egypt cooperation on security issues. Pence also plans meetings with government and religious leaders to discuss combating the persecution of religious minorities - including Christians - in the broader Middle East. (Read more)
- Our hearts rejoice at the news that Vice President Pence's trip to the Middle East will include a message calling for a much-needed end to the persecution of Christians in the area. Praise You for this strong message and messenger. We speak great success and favor into his assignment timed during a special season for the Jewish people. Lord, we pray this focus on the end of persecution of Christians and others will spread all over the world and that it will be safe everywhere to preach the Gospel.
- "But thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us." (Psalms 44:7)
2. Mueller Files First Charges In Russia Investigation - Daily Caller
Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 U.S. election has resulted in its first indictments, according to a new report. CNN reported Friday night that Mueller has filed charges in sealed indictments. It is currently not known what the charges are or who they have been filed against, but CNN reported that multiple people could be facing charges.
Those affected by the indictments reportedly may be taken into custody by as early as Monday. The news comes as a number of Republicans have been skeptical of Mueller's ability to be impartial in the investigation. Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona told Fox News Friday that "the federal code could not be clearer - Mueller is compromised by his apparent conflict of interest in being close with James Comey."
The indictments could affect former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. In September, a report from the New York Times alleged that Mueller told Manafort that he would be indicted. However, there is no indication Manafort is involved yet. (Read more)
- Father, we trust You to flush out all the guilty parties who assisted Russia to be involved in the 2016 U.S. election. Let it be guided by the hand of God and may every indictment be fully brought to judgment. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father." (Gal. 1:4)
3. Goodlatte, Gowdy Open Investigation into Decisions Made by DOJ in 2016 - Judiciary Committee
Today, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) released the following statement after opening a joint investigation into decisions made by the Department of Justice in 2016.
"Our justice system is represented by a blind-folded woman holding a set of scales. Those scales do not tip to the right or the left; they do not recognize wealth, power, or social status. The impartiality of our justice system is the bedrock of our republic and our fellow citizens must have confidence in its objectivity, independence, and evenhandedness. The law is the most equalizing force in this country. No entity or individual is exempt from oversight.
"Decisions made by the Department of Justice in 2016 have led to a host of outstanding questions that must be answered. These include, but are not limited to:
1. FBI's decision to publicly announce the investigation into Secretary Clinton's handling of classified information but not to publicly announce the investigation into campaign associates of then-candidate Donald Trump;
2. FBI's decision to notify Congress by formal letter of the status of the investigation both in October and November of 2016;
3. FBI's decision to appropriate full decision making in respect to charging or not charging Secretary Clinton to the FBI rather than the DOJ;
4. FBI's timeline in respect to charging decisions. "The Committees will review these decisions and others to better understand the reasoning behind how certain conclusions were drawn. Congress has a constitutional duty to preserve the integrity of our justice system by ensuring transparency and accountability of actions taken." (Read more)
- Almighty God, we trust You to put Your Holy Spirit on all members of Congress so they will be implicitly directed to fulfill Your perfect will in all the decisions made by the Department of Justice, by ensuring transparency and accountability of actions taken. We trust that all hidden deception will be revealed and all lies be exposed so that full justice will be accomplished. In the Name of Jesus we pray. Thank you, great and mighty God, for overseeing all of this to the finish line.
- "But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people, and walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you." (Jeremiah 7:23)
4. House Passes 2018 Budget in Effort to Move Tax Reform Forward - Washington Free Beacon
The House joined the Senate in passing the 2018 fiscal year budget in a 216-212 vote on Thursday in an effort to move tax reform forward. The Building a Better America 2018 budget balances within a decade, achieves a $9 billion surplus, and is projected to increase GDP growth by 2.6 percent.
Under the Obama administration, GDP grew at a rate that averaged just 2 percent. According to the committee, this is below the historical average of 3 percent and a rate lower than one that occurred in previous economic recoveries. The House budget aims to boost economic growth even further by reducing red tape on businesses and reforming various government agencies that burden entrepreneurs.
"Overall, our budget achieves $6.5 trillion in deficit reduction, resulting in a $9 billion surplus in 2027," the Budget Committee said in July. "We do not do this simply by cutting spending and reducing the size of government. Rather, our budget also enables states to find solutions that work for them, and it empowers individuals and small businesses to increase economic output and unleash the power of the American free market." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the progress on this budget and tax reform. We pray that it will move forward into law so that our country may experience economic growth and eventually allow more funds for the preaching of the Gospel worldwide. Thank You for moving on the unity in Congress for this.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John14:14)
5. McConnell Preps Four Essential Judicial Confirmations - Daily Caller
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell filed cloture Thursday for four nominees to federal circuit courts, the powerful appeals panels that give the final word on the overwhelming majority of cases in U.S. courts.
Confirmation votes will follow next week. The nominees are Michigan Supreme Court Justice Joan Larsen for the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the Cincinnati-based appeals court, Colorado Supreme Court Justice Allison Eid for the 10th Circuit, the Denver-based appeals court, Notre Dame Law School Professor Amy Coney Barrett for the 7th Circuit, the Chicago-based appeals court, and University of Pennsylvania Law School Professor Stephanos Bibas for the 3rd Circuit, the Philadelphia-based appeals court. Larsen was among the 21 candidates included on President Donald Trump's list of possible Supreme Court nominees during the 2016 presidential election. She is widely seen as a frontrunner for the next Republican appointment to the high court.
Speaking Thursday on the Senate floor, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell lavished praise on the nominees and vowed swift confirmations. "President Trump has done a terrific job of nominating judges who are already helping to restore the courts to their intended function in our system of government," McConnell said. "The nominees we will consider next week are sure to do the same." (Read more)
- Father God, our prayers are for the appointment of judges for the federal circuit courts to be Your choices. These four judges are "for such a time as this." Let the Holy Spirit lead in these appointments. Only You know their hearts and minds. Let them be righteous and have their eyes on You for their decisions. We pray that Your will be done. Thank You, Lord Jesus, amen.
- "I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)
6. Federal Panel Destroys U.S. Inventors' Property Rights - Washington Free Beacon
Bassam Abraham and Roman Chistyakov, two Boston-based engineers, in 2002 created a new technology for depositing metals at the micro scale. It had wide-ranging applications, from microchips to shaving razors. The two men, joining a longstanding American tradition stretching back to the signing of the Constitution, filed patents for their invention. Then their technology drew the attention of several massive, Fortune 500 companies, whom Abraham and Chistyakov would end up taking to court for allegations of patent infringement.
In response, those same Fortune 500 companies brought Abraham and Chistyakov's patents in front of an entity called the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB)-an "administrative law court" where a panel reviews challenges against patents previously issued by the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO). The PTAB panel returned its results: of 371 claims challenged, it invalidated all 371. Abraham's patents, along with the 25-person company he and Chistyakov had grown based on them, were toast. "It's pretty much destroyed our business. We're a very small company. We had people, we had to lay them off. And we're just limping," Abraham said. Abraham and Chistyakov's story is far from unique. The two men are part of a group of 39 private citizens, inventors and patent holders all, who have put their names on an amicus curiae brief in Oil States v. Greene's Energy, a case scheduled to appear before the Supreme Court later this term. Oil States, in addition to ruling on the constitutionality of the PTAB, will address the Board's high rate of invalidating patents-more than 19,000 over its six years of existence. The Court also will examine the PTAB's procedure, which one expert described as "stacked" against patent holders, and which the claimants in Oil States say runs afoul of the Seventh Amendment. Critics of the PTAB hope Oil States will help rein in what they believe to be an example of the administrative state's excesses-one that damages American inventors' property rights. (Read more)
- Father, we pray the Supreme Court will enforce the property rights of patent holders and reign in the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. We pray You would restore inventors and innovators who have had their intellectual property stolen from them by this unjust process.
- "Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not covet." (Exodus 20:15, 17a)
7. Trump Announces Designation of Opioid Epidemic as Public Health Crisis - Washington Free Beacon
President Donald Trump announced plans on Thursday to combat the surging opioid epidemic in America, beginning a move that would free up resources and loosen regulations to help combat drug deaths, but falling short of his August promise to declare the the epidemic a national emergency.
"This crisis of drug use, addiction, and overdose deaths in many years, it's just been so long in the making. Addressing it will require all of our effort, and it will require us to confront the crisis in all of its very real complexity," Trump said.
Trump will instruct acting Secretary of Health and Human Services Eric Hargan to designate the opioid epidemic a "public health crisis," stopping short of designating it a "national emergency," as was recommended in July by the President's Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis, a blue ribbon panel chaired by Gov. Chris Christie (R., N.J.). The public health crisis designation, once approved, will allow for a number of federal agencies to target the crisis.
HHS will be permitted to make temporary appointments of specialists, reducing bureaucratic red tape for hiring. The Department of Labor will be able to issue "dislocated worker grants," which will help workers displaced by the crisis.(Read more)
- Father, You know the eminent danger some many people in our nation are facing because of opioid. Prescriptions for this drug are being written for people of all ages. Our prayer is that You take control of all those involved in any way with opioid which is causing habitual dependence and the deaths of far too many people. There is an answer to cleaning up this public health crisis and the answer is You. Forgive them for they know not what they do. Lead them to You for freedom from addiction, salvation and eternal life. We love You and give praise, honor and glory to You our Lord and savior. Amen.
- "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)
8. Iraqi Christians forced to flee homes again after skirmishes between Kurds and central government - Fox News
The first Iraqi Christians to return home after their village was freed from Islamic State control were forced to flee yet again Tuesday as Iraqi forces stormed the area to confront Kurdish soldiers, a dark turn in what was broadly considered a "success story" of rebuilding in Northern Iraq. Between 700-1,000 Christian families have been forced to evacuate the village of Teleskof, an Assyrian-Chaldean-Syriac Christian town about 19 miles north of Mosul, sources in the region told Fox News.
Peshmerga fighters from neighboring Kurdistan stationed in the village started engaging in a battle with forces from the Iraqi central government. The fighting wounded civilians, including children. People who returned only recently to rebuild their homes have been told to leave the village before the standoff between Kurdish and Iraqi forces reaches a boiling point
. "An emissary from the Iraqi government told the people of the village that they had until sunrise to evacuate," a source in the region, who asked to be unidentified, tells Fox News. "They were told that the Iraqi army and the Shiite militia have said they will forcibly evict the Peshmerga in the morning." (Read more)
- Almighty God, we ask that You send a holy army of angels to war against the Iraqi government forces and defeat them so that the Iraqi Christians can return to their homes. Father, protect their villages from devastation and eviction. Strengthen the Kurdish soldiers with the power of God and give them wisdom and strategies that are unique that will knock the evil central government to the ground. Take Iraq by storm, my God, and cleanse the land. We pray for a Christian leader to replace the current one so that righteousness will reign over the land and people of Iraq. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and thank You for the answer.
- "Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be lifted up, ye everlasting doors, and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle." (Psalm 51:7-8)
9. Mattis: North Korea nuclear threat accelerating - BBC News
The threat of nuclear attack from North Korea is increasing, US Defence Secretary James Mattis said during a visit to South Korea. Mr Mattis warned it would face a "massive military response" if it used nuclear weapons.
Separately, North Korea released a South Korean fishing boat which it said had been found in North Korean waters illegally. The crew of 10 were released on Friday evening, South Korean officials said. It comes at a time of heightened tension in the region, with both sides running a series of military exercises.
"North Korea has accelerated the threat that it poses to its neighbours and the world through its illegal and unnecessary missile and nuclear weapons programs," Mr Mattis said, AP news agency reported. He said North Korea engaged in "outlaw" behaviour and said US-South Korean security collaboration had taken on "new urgency". Washington could not accept a nuclear North Korea, he added, speaking alongside his South Korean counterpart Song Young-moo. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we pray that You separate North Korea as a nation to be completely held back by Your power from any activity in their illegal and unnecessary missile and nuclear weapons programs. Paralyze these programs and command their leaders to meet with divine failure in every attempt they make to start a nuclear war. We bind their evil spirits under the power of the Blood of Jesus and cast them down to the ground in utter defeat. We pray in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- "Now therefore, behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets, and the Lord has spoken evil against them." (II Chronicles 18:22)
10. Park service denies permit for 45-foot-tall nude woman statue on National Mall - WTOP/DC
The National Park Service has rejected a group's plans to install a 45-foot-tall sculpture of a nude woman on the National Mall. In a statement issued Thursday morning, the park service said it denied organizers of next month's "Catharsis on the Mall" event permission to install the statue because it would likely damage the Mall's turf and soil. In addition, the statue's height "introduces a visual element that would diminish the property's significant historic features by altering the setting and historic character of the National Mall landscape," National Park Service spokesman Mike Litterst said in the statement.
The park service said it approved other elements of the organizers' plans including the placement of more than 30 temporary structures for the event. The event, which organizers described as a Burning-Man-inspired celebration of artists and activists, runs Nov. 9-12. In an update its fundraising page, the group organizing the event, said the park service issued temporary approval for the entire project - including the statue - last month but that organizers received a letter Wednesday retracting it. (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You that the National Park Service has demonstrated such wisdom and discretion in refusing to grant this permit. Praise God! But we note that many other, smaller "devices" will be in place on the mall on the dates requested on their permit: November 10 - 12. Father, we will not name them here, for You know it all. We pray and agree that the "noise" to be released from those displays will be bound, in Your Holy name, amen.
- "I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me." (Psalm 101:3)
"Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)
11. Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Own Words - NBC Washington (DC)
> > > We plead the Blood of the Lamb over this report.
To celebrate Samhain, a Wiccan festival that falls on the evening of Oct. 31, Washington, D.C. resident Elizabeth Stephens usually prepares a pot of jambalaya to honor her late grandmother and a plate of roast beef in memory of her parents. She marks the festival with witches and fellow Wiccans, who offer their own dishes as a part of the day's feast. The table they set becomes patterned with platters that were the favorites of family members and friends. . .
Images of witches being veiled in darkness, casting spells over cauldrons endure, but a new generation of Wiccans and witches have established growing communities in D.C. and across the country.
Like other Wiccans and witches, Stephens has come "out of the broom closet" -- a term that refers to publicly revealing one's beliefs as a Wiccan or witch. They are fighting back against misinformation about Wiccans and witches.
Stephens said she loves Halloween. "It's a celebration of the witch. You can have scary witches . . . but it's still a celebration of the witch. Even if the witch isn't shown in a positive light," said Stephens, a 37-year-old Wiccan who also practices witchcraft. (The full report is here.)
- Father, Your light can penetrate any darkness. As these lost souls continue to seek the supernatural to find a source of peace, comfort and empowerment, we pray they will be drawn to You. We ask that You send believers across their paths, who can reach out to each one in love, not in judgment, showing them the way of salvation. We thank You, Father God, that You died for these ones, too. In Your name, amen.
- "He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent."
(2 Peter 3:9 NLT)
The Daily Jot
The Daily Jot
Swamp is deeper and darker than one can imagine
Reports of late are indicating that the corruption in the Democratic Party in collusion with Russia is akin to organized crime where influence was bought and sold and the weight of the US government was exploited to justify spying on a presidential candidate and other American citizens. We saw that the power of the IRS was used to suppress conservative free speech and the good will operations of Christian charities. Planned Parenthood was favored with protective regulations and taxpayer funding. When candidate Donald Trump said the swamp needed to be drained, however, he likely had no idea how deep and dark it is; what a monumental and life endangering task it would be. But there is more.
Draining the swamp is bipartisan. Trump quickly found out that many of the Republicans on Capital Hill were part of the problem, not the solution. The Senate and House hierarchy set out to oppose, block and undermine the very agenda that the people of the United States elected Trump to accomplish. The rift within the establishment Republican stronghold against Trump continues to play itself out as Senators are so uncomfortable that they are opting to not run for reelection rather than face a would-be angry constituency. We have witnessed a globalist cabal fight Trump at every juncture to undermine his "America First" agenda-Even to the point of former President George W Bush admonishing Trump for putting America and Americans first. That swamp is deep and dark.
A year ago just days before the election the FBI reopened (then subsequently said "nothing to see here") the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email scandal and a host of other issues. The Daily Jot reported "Her pay for play influence bribery scheme, acceptance of millions of dollars from terrorist sponsoring Islamic states such as Saudi Arabia, and a host of other self-enriching scandals appear to expose Hillary Clinton as a governmental organized crime boss. Clinton's careless and seemingly criminal administration of America's most sensitive secrets, however, may be the final link that would make even the staunchest of Democrats finally believe that where there is smoke, there is hellfire." Think about this list.
Add on top of it the recent reports that have been confirmed about Clinton, the ex-"president," and so on. Then add another layer of elected Republican congressmen and senators who are obstructing Trump's agenda rather than see their globalist gravy train come to an end. Indeed the swamp needs to be drained and President Trump faces an overwhelming task, for as Jesus said in Matthew 15:19, "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies," and as is written in Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: Who can know it?" I'm not sure any of us know the depth and darkness at the heart of the DC swamp.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
Signs and Wonders
Soaking Storm Threatens Flash Flooding, Damaging Wind Gusts on 5-Year Anniversary of Sandy
Most of the tri-state is under some sort of severe weather advisory Sunday amid the threat of flash floods and wind gusts of 40 mph or more, Storm Team 4 says.
The storm swept into the region Sunday morning as an onslaught of steady showers, but it became more menacing by afternoon as rain grew heavier and winds gained strength. Trees and powerlines were toppled and thousands of PSE&G customers on Long Island and hundreds in New Jersey were without power as the night wore on. (Read more)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
The Powerful Prayer Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw Prays Before Pitching: "Just Talking About God's Grace Chokes Me Up Even Now"
"I was so worried all the time . . . but the day [I relinquished control of my life] was life-changing - even talking about it now chokes me up, just because it's amazing the providence God had in my life." - Clayton Kershaw
(Los Angeles, CA) - [The Gospel Herald] Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw shared the prayer he prays before pitching and discussed the moment he truly surrendered his life to God in a powerful "I Am Second." (Watch him share it on the video.) (Photo Credit: Wikipedia)
Kershaw, who earned a win as the opening pitcher in the Dodgers' World Series bid against the Houston Astros on Tuesday night, said that over the years, he's learned that "the more you try and grip control of your life, the more God's gonna untangle that from you."
"He's gonna make things go to where you have to rely on Him," Kershaw said. "I was just so worried, I was so worried all the time. My parents divorced when I was 10, I had so much anxiety about my own life. If there was something that needed to get done, I'd rather do it myself than let other people do it for me. Just stuff that I couldn't control that I was worried about. My mom and I were trying to figure out about how college was going to be a feasible option for us; it's gonna be so expensive, I can't afford to do that. I didn't know what to do on my own."
The day he relinquished all control of his life was the day he got drafted, Kershaw said.
Worship With Us Today!
"I Love To Tell The Story" - Alan Jackson
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]