The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)
1. UN Watchdog censured after accusing Human Rights Council of hypocrisy - Israel Insider
Hillel Neuer, Executive Director of UN Watch, delivered a scorching speech before the UN Human Rights Council 4th Session, accusing the body of blatant hypocrisy in ignoring gross rights violations worldwide except when committed by Israel.
2. Arab League refuses to change plan - Jerusalem Post
Israel adopted a low-key, wait-and-see approach Wednesday night to the Arab League's unanimous decision to relaunch without changes its land-and- refugee-for-peace initiative from March 2002.
3. Air force hits Qassam launchers for first time in five months - Ha'aretz
The air force carried out an attack against Palestinian militants launching Qassam rockets from the Gaza Strip yesterday, the first such offensive mission for a number of months.
4. Most Americans Think Palestinian State Would Be Terror State, Poll Shows - CNS News
By a two-to-one margin, more Americans believe that an independent Palestinian state would be a terrorist state than a democracy, and a majority believes that Israel should not concede any more land to the Palestinians, according to a new poll.
5. Ethiopia closes last remaining Falashmura emigration camp - Ha'aretz
The Ethiopian government closed a camp in Gondar province used as a community center for approximately 7,000 Falashmura Ethiopians awaiting emigration to Israel.