In This Issue
• On Capitol Hill This Week; Vol. XVIII, No. 12a
• More News From the Hill
• This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
On Capitol Hill This Week - Volume XVIII, Number 12a
March 28 - April 1, 2011
"But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail." (Luke 16:17)
1. SENATOR DURBIN TO HOLD FIRST HEARING ON MUSLIM CIVIL RIGHTS
2. ON HOUSE FLOOR NEXT WEEK: ENERGY TAX PREVENTION ACT OF 2011
3. OBAMA BUDGET ADDS $80,000 PER HOUSEHOLD TO NATIONAL DEBT
4. OBAMA TRYING TO ELIMINATE CONSCIENCE PROTECTIONS ON ABORTION
5. HOUSE CONSIDERS BILL TO DEFUND U.N. HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
6. H.R. 861: TERMINATING HOUSING BAILOUT PROGRAMS
7. H.R. 1164: MAKING ENGLISH OUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE
1. SENATOR DURBIN TO HOLD FIRST HEARING ON MOSLEM CIVIL RIGHTS
Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.) announced Tuesday that he will hold Congress' first-ever hearing on the civil rights of American Cult following Moslems next week. The hearing comes a little more than two weeks after a Republican in Congress made headlines by holding a controversial hearing on the radicalization of cultic Moslem Americans.
The release announcing the hearing said it is in response to the "spike in anti-Muslim bigotry in the last year including Quran burnings, restrictions on mosque construction, hate crimes, hate speech, and other forms of discrimination. Our Constitution protects the free exercise of religion for all Americans," Durbin said. "During the course of our history, many religions have faced intolerance. It is important for our generation to renew our founding charter's commitment to religious diversity and to protect the liberties guaranteed by our Bill of Rights."
The panel of witnesses scheduled to testify at the hearing include Moslem civil rights leader Farhana Khera; Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick; Assistant Attorney General Tom Perez, the Obama Administration's top civil rights official; and former Assistant Attorney General Alex Acosta, the Bush Administration's top civil rights official.
Durbin will lead the hearing next Tuesday in the subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Human Rights, which is part of the Senate Judiciary Committee. (CBS News) Read more.
- Father, the point of a hearing is to let the truth be heard. Well, let the truth be heard on Tuesday, even in what many may consider to be unexpected circumstances. We thank you for a Constitution that does afford religious freedom to all, and we ask that you would reveal true freedom in Jesus Christ to all Muslims in America!
- "If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)
2. ON HOUSE FLOOR NEXT WEEK: ENERGY TAX PREVENTION ACT OF 2011
Speaker of the House John Boehner recently told reporters as he unveiled a campaign the Republicans are calling the "America Energy Initiative" to increase supplies and roll back regulations that: "As gas prices go up, so does the cost of everyday life. It costs more to drive to work, to buy groceries, or just to get the kids to school. And at a time when our economy already isn't creating enough jobs, rising gas prices hurt the very people we need to lead us out of our economic crisis: Small businesses."
Interestingly enough, gasoline prices have now doubled since January 20, 2009 at the beginning of a new administration when a gallon of gasoline stood at $1.83 per gallon.
Speaker Boehner said that Republicans would tackle the issue in "bite-sized chunks" rather than one gargantuan energy bill. (Christian Coalition of America) Read more
- Father, for as much as our energy markets are based on speculation, we ask you to give them something to speculate about--new sources of energy. We thank you for this vote coming up in the House. Breathe life into our competitive energy markets.
-"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)
3. OBAMA BUDGET ADDS $80,000 PER HOUSEHOLD TO NATIONAL DEBT
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has completed its initial review of Obama's budget request and found that the White House significantly understated the cost of and red ink in its budget.
While Obama claimed his budget would produce $7.2 trillion in deficits (a staggering figure) over the next decade, CBO calculated $9.5 trillion in deficits. That is more debt than the federal government accumulated from 1789-2010 combined. Overall, CBO estimates that the national debt held by the public-40 percent of GDP before the recession-would soar past 87 percent of GDP in a decade.
Obama harshly criticized his predecessor for overseeing $300 billion budget deficits even while financing a war. Yet Obama's budget would run annual deficits reaching $1.2 trillion by 2021- and that assumes peace and prosperity. Annual deficits would never fall below $748 billion. . .
Under Obama's budget proposal, taxpayers would see large tax increases, bigger government, and slower economic growth. The guy who declared that "I didn't come here to pass our problems on to the next President or the next generation-I'm here to solve them," would, over the next decade, drop an additional $80,000 per household in debt onto the laps of our children and grandchildren. This is an irresponsible budget proposal by any standard. (The Heritage Foundation) Read more
- Father, we know our problems will not be solved by good intentions. We know our problems will not be solved by good planning and discipline. We know our problems are bigger than any of us can imagine. We know our problems will ONLY be fixed when we trust in you as a people. Turn us, not just from our problem, but from what got us headed away from you in the first place. May this budget not go into effect. Please give us a budget that eliminates the per household national debt.
- "Hearken to the sound of the trumpet." (Jeremiah 6:17)
4. OBAMA TRYING TO ELIMINATE CONSCIENCE PROTECTIONS ON ABORTION
The more the bureaucracy moves to enact the Obama's notion of health care "reform", the worse it gets. In this case, it's their move to eliminate the conscience protection rights concerning abortion that were provided for by the Bush administration.
Those protections were put in place on behalf of those in the medical community who did not want to be forced to participate in performing abortions. The 2008 rule by the Bush administration was put in place to prohibit recipients of any federal funding from discriminating against those who had such moral objections.
Obama now wants to reverse that somewhat and force those medical personnel to distribute drugs which are intended to induce abortion. (Christian Coalition of America) Read more
- Father, we thank you that despite living in a nation with a seared conscience, we still have people of conscience in our medical fields who are willing to stand up for the sacred life you have created. We thank you that many are willing to give up their entire careers rather than sacrifice the lives of those who cannot speak for themselves. We ask that this would not be necessary, but that you would reinstate the conscience regulations that protect our health care professionals from sacrificing their careers to obey you.
- "Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." (Romans 14:5)
5. HOUSE CONSIDERS BILL TO DEFUND U.N. HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who is the chair of the U.S House Foreign Affairs Committee, called this week for the U.S. to withdraw from the U.N. Human Rights Council. Under President George W. Bush the U.S. did not participate, but President Obama joined the HRC which is for the most part made up of the worst human rights offenders in the world such as Cuba, China, Saudi Arabia and yes, even Libya. Ros-Lehtinen said the U.S. should quit the HRC and "explore credible, alternative forums to advance human rights." For the most part the HRC passes resolutions condemning Israel for defending itself against terror and criticizing the the USA in one fashion or the other. (Religious Freedom Coalition)
- Father, we ask you to expose this charade for what it is, in our United States media. Inspire those who make charts and graphs, and make our participation in the UN Human Rights Council look absolutely ridiculous to every American. May you tear down strongholds at the United Nations.
- "The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured people; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst." (Ezekiel 22:25)
6. H.R. 861: TERMINATING HOUSING BAILOUT PROGRAMS
Congressman Forbes voted for H.R.861 terminating the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Recent reports from the Inspector General for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the General Accountability Office (GAO) have uncovered misused and inadequately tracked funds. The program was initially intended to provide funding for state and local governments to purchase, renovate, and resell abandoned and foreclosed properties. It received funding from various sources including $1.93 billion from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act ("Stimulus") and $1 billion from the Dodd, Frank Wall Street Reform Act.
This bill passed the House by a vote of 242 -182. (Office of Rep. Randy Forbes)
- Lord, we ask for forgiveness for those who have misused funds. We thank you for the GAO which can uncover these errors. We ask you to use abandoned and foreclosed properties for your glory, including in the business world. May we stabilize our own neighborhoods by getting to know our own neighbors and sharing Jesus Christ with them.
-"Love your neighbor as yourself." (Leviticus 19:18)
7. H.R. 1164: MAKING ENGLISH OUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE
Congressman Forbes cosponsored the National Language Act, H.R.1164, which is another step toward making English the official language of the United States. The bill states that all official business including publications, income tax forms, informational materials, and public ceremonies where an oath is administered, shall be conducted in English. Additionally, this legislation repeals bilingual voting requirements. (Office of Rep. Randy Forbes)
- If I move to France, I am expected to learn French. If I move to Germany, I am expected to learn German. This bill is not racist nor discriminatory; rather, this is a common sense bill that simply requires that all business done in our nation be done in English. Period. Pray for passage.
- "You will pray to Him, and He will answer you . . ." (Job 24:27)
More News From the Hill
For more detailed and current information on what Congress has done and is doing in the House and Senate, please visit Deeper Inside the Mountain.
On Capitol Hill This Week; Vol. XVIII, No. 12b INTERNATIONAL NEWS
1. MISSIONARY KILLED IN JERUSALEM BOMB BLAST
2. ISRAELI AND SAUDI LEADERS IN MOSCOW
3. ISRAELI PARLIAMENT (KNESSET) ADOPTS "NABKA" LAW
4. SYRIA'S ASSAD MUST CONTAIN SUNNI MAJORITY UNREST
5. FIRST TIME CHINESE MISSILE WARSHIP ENTERS THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA
6. THE COURAGEOUS "FUKUSHIMA FIFTY"
7. A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR OUR BROTHER, MR. SATO
8. NUCLEAR WORKERS EXPOSED TO 10,000 TIMES MORE RADIATION THAN NORMAL
9. NEWS FROM CANADA
10. UNREPORTED SOROS EVENT AIMS TO REMAKE ENTIRE GLOBAL ECONOMY 1. MISSIONARY KILLED IN JERUSALEM BOMB BLAST Mary Jean Gardner, 59, of the Orkney Islands, Scotland was killed by a Muslim bomb planted at a bus stop in Jerusalem this week. She was a member of Wycliffe Bible Translators and was studying Hebrew in Jerusalem and staying at the Home for Bible Translators. Previously she had served with a Wycliffe team in Togo, translating the New Testament into the Ife language. Miss Gardner was studying Hebrew in Jerusalem, hoping to return to Togo to translate the Old Testament. In addition to the murder of Jean Gardner, six Americans were among a total of fifty people wounded in the blast. Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, took credit for the blast as well as numerous rockets fired into Israel in the last week. (Religous Freedom Coalition) - Join us in praying for Mary's family; and join us in praying for healing of the many other victims who were injured in this blast: - Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you that Mary Gardner is now home with You in Heaven but we ask that You put Your loving arms around her family and friends. Send Your peace that passes all understanding to them and for all the students and others who have been injured. We ask that You lay healing hands upon them all and raise them back up to good health, according to 1 Pet. 2:24. Father, we ask that these senseless bombings cease and that they never ever come back. Father, may Your people be protected, and the Blood of Yeshua (Jesus) be over them, and angels surrounding them, and those who do these wicked things brought to repentance. We thank You and give You all the Praise and Glory. In Jesus Name. Amen. - " . . . who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-by whose stripes you were healed." (I Peter 2:24) 2. ISRAELI AND SAUDI LEADERS IN MOSCOW AS PALESTINIANS RAMP UP MISSILE STRIKES As Russian, Israeli and Saudi leaders discussed in Moscow the ramifications of the Arab uprising and US Defense Secretary Robert Gates talked in Tel Aviv with Israeli military chiefs, the Palestinian Hamas again ramped up its missile offensive on Israeli cities. Thursday, March 24, heavy Grad missiles hit Ashdod and Ofakim. In Moscow, debkafile reports exclusively that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was working to set up a discreet meeting between Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal. In Moscow, debkafile's exclusive sources report that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was working to set up a discreet meeting between two visitors - Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal, failing which he will try and bring the Saudi Intelligence chief Prince Muqrin bin Abdulaziz, who arrived with the foreign minister, together with the Israeli leader. Muqrin has met Israeli leaders in secret before, including the former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. (DEBKAfile) Read more - Please continue to pray that the Lord will put His wisdom into Netanyahu's mind as the Israeli Prime Minister meets with these various world leaders. Pray also for the talks with Robert Gates. While he represents the Obama administration, he is also a military general who understands the mechanics of battles, and he needs to say and do what he sees as necessary. Lift up to the Lord the peoples of the various countries now involved in the Middle East conflicts. Some truly want freedom, some are duped by jihadists and the Muslim Brotherhood, and some of the youth are fighting only for the thrill of it. - "Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day." (Psalm 25:5) 3. ISRAELI PARLIAMENT (KNESSET) ADOPTS "NABKA" LAW The Knesset, Israel's parliament, has passed a law that allows the state to deny funding to institutions that question the Jewish state's right to exist. The controversial law brought in by the Yisrael Beiteinu party was passed by a vote of 37 to 25. The new law has been nick-named "Nakba" law, the Arabic word for "catastrophe," a term which many Arabs still use for Israel's foundation in 1948. Under the new law, groups involved in activities that "undermine the foundations of the state and contradict its values," including undermining the Jewish or democratic nature of Israel, can be excluded from receiving funding by public bodies. Those activities include marking Israel's Independence Day as a day of mourning. Arab Knesset member Afu Aghbaria said the Arab population would persist in marking the Nakba without the use of government funds, adding: "We will continue activities marking Nakba Day with the aim of presenting the historical facts, which are not subject to interpretation when it comes to a people uprooted from its land, many of whose members were made refugees." (By World Jewish Congress, March 24, 2011) - Praise God for the Knesset's decision. Pray that they will go a step further and remove members of the Knesset who want to rewrite Israel's history and do not support Israel's right to exist. - "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge." (Proverbs 14:7) 4. SYRIA'S ASSAD MUST CONTAIN SUNNI MAJORITY UNREST BEFORE IT INFECTS ARMY The protest against Bashar Assad's regime is swelling. From its first epicenter in the southern town of Deraa it spread Friday, March 25, to new cities, Homs, Aleppo, Latakia and parts of Damascus. It has quickly attained the scale unforeseen by the regime of Assad and is a popular uprising by the majority Sunni population (74 percent) against Allawite-dominated (15 percent) rule. Army troops gunned the protesters down in what witnesses described as a massacre of scores and hundreds injured, raising calls from the opposition for international intervention. The number of dead and injured cannot be reliably determined, but intelligence sources report that special Syrian security clean-up units removed the bodies as they fell. . . Putting the fate of the Assad regime in the hands of radical Palestinian organizations would be . . . imprudent and, worse, a humiliation, giving Palestinians their second open door to an Arab uprising, the first of which gave Hamas undreamed of leverage in Egypt. Assad may even stage an attack on Israel as a desperate diversionary tactic from his troubles. (DEBKAfile) Read more - This situation in Syria is far more serious than Americans have been led to believe. If Assad gets help from Iran, then Iran has a foothold right on the border with Israel at the Golan Heights. Pray that the Obama administration sees this Syrian situation for what it truly is. What really needs to happen is for Assad to step down, seek refuge in some other country, and let the Syrian people have their own land. - Remember, too, that Syria has a long Christian history because the Apostle Paul received his teachings there from the Lord. The Lord stopped Paul; He can stop Assad from doing anything that will endanger Israel. God will have to intervene in this situation until He is ready to move against Syria. Remember Isaiah 17:1. Please pray for the protection of all believers now living in Syria. Pray! - "Do not keep silent, O God; Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God!" (Psalm 83: 1) 5. FIRST TIME CHINESE MISSILE WARSHIP ENTERS THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA For the first time in history a Chinese warship has sailed into the Mediterranean Sea. The 'Xuzhou' a 4000 ton frigate fully armed with air defense missiles has located itself in the Mediterranean Sea along the coast of Libya. It is reported that the warship's mission is to assist in the evacuation effort of 36,000 Chinese who work in the current violently unstable country of Libya. This North African region has become a growing situation involving conflicts between rebel forces and Libyan military troops operating under the command of Moammar Gadhafi. The rebel forces are said to be attempting to topple four decades of the Libyan leader's rule. (News Report USA) Read more. View CNN video here. - How interesting is this news! To send a ship to evacuate Chinese citizens is one thing, but to send a fully armed warship seems like sending a missile to swat a fly! What message is China sending? Please pray for discernment about this happening. Keep praying that our media would report the real news accurately so that Americans can be prepared and Bible readers can see prophecy revealed every day before their eyes. Pray! - "Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared." (Revelation 16: 12) [Some of the kings of the east could come on ships and certainly airplanes.] 6. THE COURAGEOUS "FUKUSHIMA FIFTY" Engineers Who Have Been Risking Their Lives to Prevent Nuclear Meltdown If you've not yet heard of the "Fukushima Fifty," they are a group of engineers and workers at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant in Japan that chose to stay and brave potentially lethal amounts of radiation at the earthquake and tsunami-damaged facility in order to try to restore the power to the crippled cooling system. A report states that the power cable has been successfully laid, with internal cabling within the nuclear reactor structures to the water pumps still being worked on. Ralph Justiano (in Tokyo) put it this way: "I think it is interesting that our brother in Christ who oversaw the operation, Naoyoshi Sato, is not named in the article, but only described as 'exhausted engineers.' So many to whom we owe our extreme gratitude are in like manner, unnamed. Our extreme gratitude goes out to all those 'exhausted engineers' and all the other unnamed workers who risk their life and health for the sake of others. May the Lord bless them greatly." As they risk their lives to stop a meltdown or further radiation leakage at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant, let's cover these brave men and women in prayer that-like Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego-they would return from the fiery furnace not even smelling of smoke. (Breaking Christian News) Read more - " . . . and if they drink any deadly poison, it shall not hurt them." (Mark 16:18) 7. A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR OUR BROTHER, MR. SATO PRAYER POINTS. 1. please pray for him for leadership to rebuild Tohoku area (east or some would say north of Japan) 2. pray for their lives on top of the responsibility of bringing solution to this crisis. He is responsible for rebuilding the infrastructures in the area in coming days. This is an event, which we never faced in the past and for anyone, it is an overwhelming burden. But we believe this is not coincident to have a Christian brother to take this place. .3 .Mr. Sato NEEDS God's wisdom and strength to go forward. IT IS WRITTEN: "Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord, hear my urgent cry. I will call to You whenever I am in trouble, and You will answer me. No pagan god is like You, O Lord. None can do what You do! All the Nations You made will come and bow before You, Lord, they will praise Your holy name. For You are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God." [Psalm 86:6-10] 8. JAPAN CRISIS: NUCLEAR WORKERS EXPOSED TO 10,000 TIMES MORE RADIATION THAN NORMAL Concerns over the extent of radioactive contamination in Japan deepened after it emerged that three workers admitted to hospital this week were exposed to radiation levels 10,000 times higher than normal. (UK Telegraph) - God, You are Father of all who rules the earth in righteousness, is calling for the people of Japan to turn their hearts toward God, repent of their sins, and embrace the message of salvation for their souls. Break the evil powers of darkness off Japan by the overcoming blood of Jesus Christ and bring in heartrending repentance from sin and they shall be saved. In Jesus Name. - "The fear of man brings a snare: but whoso puts his trust in the Lord, shall be safe. Many seek the ruler's favor; but every man's judgment comes from the Lord." (Proverbs 29:25-26) 9. NEWS FROM CANADA a) CANADIAN GOVERNMENT FALLS AFTER NO-CONFIDENCE VOTE Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative government has fallen after a no-confidence vote passed in the country's parliament. The vote, engineered by the opposition Liberal Party and backed by two other opposition parties, triggers an election expected in early May. The move stemmed from a ruling on Monday that the minority government was in contempt of parliament. But the Conservatives are thought likely to keep power in a May election. The House of Commons adjourned on Friday after the no-confidence motion brought by Liberal Party leader Michael Ignatieff passed on a 156-145 vote. The vote came after a finding by a parliamentary committee led by the opposition parties that Mr Harper's government had acted in contempt by failing to disclose the full costs of spending on anti-crime programmes, corporate tax cuts and plans to purchase stealth fighter jets. On Saturday, Mr Harper asked Governor General David Johnston to dissolve parliament, and following that, an election will be held after a minimum 36 days of campaigning. Canadian analysts expect it will be called for the first week in May. (BBC) Read more. b) CANADA CALLS GAZA ROCKET STRIKES "CRIMINAL" Canada 'vigorously condemns' Palestinian attacks, says Israel has right to defend itself Strong support from North American ally: Canada "vigorously condemns" a spate of rocket fire by Gaza groups against Israel, Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon said Friday. "Canada vigorously condemns the rocket attacks on Israel launched from the Gaza Strip. These terrorist attacks, which indiscriminately target civilian areas, are abhorrent and criminal," he said in a statement. "Israel has a right to defend itself against such terrorist acts," the statement added. "Terrorism is never justified. We call on all parties in Gaza to cease these criminal attacks. Those responsible should be brought to justice." (AFP) Read more. - In blessing Israel by condemning these attacks and by defending Israel's right to exist, Canada is due a blessing. Pray that the new government that will be voted in during May will continue to be a strong support for Israel and will bring blessings to the Canadian people. - "Those who bless you I will bless." (Gen. 12:3) 10. UNREPORTED SOROS EVENT AIMS TO REMAKE ENTIRE GLOBAL ECONOMY Left-wing billionaire's own experts dominate quiet push for 'a grand bargain that rearranges the entire financial order.' Two years ago, George Soros said he wanted to reorganize the entire global economic system. In two short weeks, he is going to start - and no one seems to have noticed. On April 8, a group he's funded with $50 million is holding a major economic conference and Soros's goal for such an event is to "establish new international rules" and "reform the currency system." It's all according to a plan laid out in a Nov. 4, 2009, Soros op-ed calling for "a grand bargain that rearranges the entire financial order." The event is bringing together "more than 200 academic, business and government policy thought leaders' to repeat the famed 1944 Bretton Woods gathering that helped create the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Soros wants a new 'multilateral system," or an economic system where America isn't so dominant. (Business and Media Institute) Read more. - Father, as Gideon broke pitchers of water and scattered the armies of Midian, we pray that You will take faithful intercessor warriors and scatter these insidious enemies of America. We ask that You cut off all plans of the socialist one-world agenda, and protect us against any actions that are not being attempted according to Your timing of the end of days. - "...but it shall not succeed or be to his advantage." (Daniel 11:17c Amplified) Focus on Libya
1. OBAMA WANTED MORE MONEY FOR GADDAFI
2. HOUSE PANEL PLANS HEARING ON U.S. INTERVENTION IN LIBYA
3. U.N. INTERVENTION IN LIBYA AN OMINOUS PRECEDENT FOR ISRAEL
4. OBAMA DEFENDS ACTION IN LIBYA; SAYS U.S. PREVENTED A "MASSACRE"
5. CANADIAN GENERAL TO TAKE NATO COMMAND OF LIBYA
6. NATO STATES CONTINUE TO SQUABBLE ON LIBYA COMMAND 1. OBAMA WANTED MORE MONEY FOR GADDAFI In the middle of the revolutions in Egypt and Tunisa, President Barack Obama requested that the Congress double the military aid the United States provided Muammar Gaddafi. In February of this year Obama requested an additional $1.7 million in funds for Gaddafi's military. Just a few weeks after he requested the funds to build up Libya's military, Obama is now spending hundreds of millions of dollars to destroy it. Meanwhile, President Obama can't figure out what the U.S. role in the war actually is. (Religious Freedom Coaltion) - Pray much for the man in the Oval Office. Scripture declares that we are not to waiver between two opinions. Pray that Obama knows the best course of action for both Libya and America in this complex matter, and then sticks to it. Pray! - "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37) 2. HOUSE PANEL PLANS HEARING ON U.S. INTERVENTION IN LIBYA The House Foreign Affairs Committee is planning a hearing next week on the U.S. intervention in Libya, the first formal congressional inquiry into the five-day-old military campaign. A senior committee aide told The Hill on Wednesday that Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) was eyeing a hearing when Congress returns from recess. The hearing "is still in the planning stages," the aide said. Ros-Lehtinen has formally invited Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, or her top deputy as a designee, to testify before the committee next week and is waiting to hear back from the State Department, the aide said. An official announcement of the hearing is expected soon. (The Hill) Read more - Father, we know this is the greatest foreign policy test of Obama to date. We ask you to guide Congress and the Administration in how it executes justice for the people of Libya. We know our European entanglements have deep roots and a long history. We ask you to uproot the hold decades of injustice have in that African country. Let your people breathe free. "David inquired of the Lord." (2 Samuel 5:19) 3. U.N. INTERVENTION IN LIBYA AN OMINOUS PRECEDENT FOR ISRAEL Analysis by Frank Gaffney Jr, Center for Security Policy There are many reasons to be worried about the bridge-leap the Obama Administration has just undertaken in its war with Muammar Gaddafi. How it will all end is just one of them. Particularly concerning is the prospect that what we might call the Gaddafi Precedent will be used in the not-to-distant future to justify and threaten the use of U.S. military forces against an American ally: Israel. Here's how such a seemingly impossible scenario might eventuate: It begins with the Palestinian Authority seeking a UN Security Council resolution that would recognize its unilateral declaration of statehood. Three top female officials in the Obama administration reprise roles they played in the Council's recent action on Libya: U.S. Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice, a vehement critic of Israel, urges that the United States support (or at least not veto) the Palestinians' gambit. She is supported by the senior director for multilateral affairs at the National Security Council, Samantha Power, who in the past argued for landing a "mammoth force" of American troops to protect the Palestinians from Israel. Ditto Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whose unalloyed sympathy for the Palestinian cause dates back at least to her days as First Lady. Read more - Obama has surrounded himself with Israel haters, a dangerous situation for America. Even Glenn Beck has clarified for his audience that Samantha Power is married to Cass Sunstein, one of Obama's czars. Ask the Lord to remove these three women [Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, U.S. Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice and Susan Power of the National Security Council] from their positions of power in US policy and from any influence on Obama as long as he is president of our nation. Praise the Lord for Frank Gaffney's insights; keep your eyes on these three women and on the workings of the UN towards Israel. - "A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself; but the simple pass on and are punished." (Proverbs 22: 3) 4. OBAMA DEFENDS ACTION IN LIBYA; SAYS U.S. PREVENTED A "MASSACRE" Obama says in a televised speech to the nation that U.S. had 'a responsibility to act' in Libya, and with rebels like the ones shown here gaining ground on Qaddafi's forces, NATO will assume full control of military effort on Wednesday. (AP) - Watch for a full analysis and commentary on tonight's speech, to be released on our next Daily Brief. In the meantime, please continue to pray in the spirit over all matters related to Libya and the U.S. relation to that nation in crisis. - " Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." (Romans 8:26) 5. CANADIAN GENERAL TO TAKE NATO COMMAND OF LIBYA TORONTO - A Canadian general will take over command of the NATO mission in Libya. Canadian Defense Minister Peter MacKay said Friday that Lt. Gen. Charles Bouchard has been designated to lead the alliance's military campaign in Libya. Bouchard is stationed in Naples, Italy, at the Allied Joint Force Command. His recent job was deputy commander of NORAD, reporting to an American general. "He will be commander of the NATO operations, yet to be fully defined NATO operations," MacKay said. The international coalition confronting Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has agreed to put NATO in charge of enforcing the no-fly zone. It was still trying to hammer out a deal to relieve U.S. forces of command of all military operations in the country. U.S. President Barack Obama and Defense Secretary Robert Gates have both said that American command of the operations would last only a few days. (Associated Press) Read more - Father, we thank you for Charles Bouchard. We ask you to guide his leadership, and the formation of the operations he has been designated to lead. We ask for clarity of objectives, and a swift accomplishment of those objectives. Give our leaders a "much better understanding of the opposition." - "He delights in mercy." (Micah 7:18) 6. NATO STATES CONTINUE TO SQUABBLE ON LIBYA COMMAND New military coalition forming: NATO, African Union, and Arab League France, which has taken the political lead on the anti-Gaddafi war effort up to now, wants the body to play a supporting role to a new "contact group" composed of ministers from countries involved in the military campaign and regional players. UK foreign minister William Hague is to host the first meeting of the group in London on 29 March to "take stock" of operations so far. The participation of Arab League and African Union members in the club "clearly shows the political leadership of this operation is not in the hands of NATO, but of the contact group" French foreign minister Alain Juppe said. The US is keen to hand over the hot potato of Operation Odyssey Dawn command to NATO as soon as possible. Italy has also urged NATO to take the lead. Turkey, which is keen to maintain good relations with its Muslim neighbors as well as its EU and NATO allies, has said the transatlantic body should only take over if it imposes strict limits on the air strikes in the light of civilian casualties. Germany, which has flip-flopped on its support for the coalition strikes, has meanwhile decided to boost troops and air surveillance missions in Afghanistan to help the alliance take on Gaddafi. "This will alleviate our allies in their Libyan mission," foreign minister Guido Westerwelle told parliament. (2011 EUobserver.com; March 28, 2011). Read more - Father, it's clear few want to lead this effort, and even fewer have a good idea as to what leadership in this situation should look like. We ask you to provide leadership for this campaign, and bring it to a swift conclusion with a full restoration of justice for the people of Libya. We also watch and pray over this new military alliance that is now forming between NATO, the Arab League, and the members of the African Union. We wonder what will be the new title of this "contact group " and who will be their "One Voice " ? Time will tell; watch and pray. - "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near." (Luke 21:20) This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . . ALMIGHTY (Sha-di) "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1) How I praise You, God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth! There is peace in my soul when I come into Your secret place. There is no other place that I would rather be than under Your shadow. Thank You for Your ever- present protection over me. Amen. (Taken from: Intimate Moments with the Hebrew Names of God, by Barri Cae Malin and Shmuel Wolkenfeld; Bridge-Logos Publishers; Gainesville, FL, 32614. ISBN: 0-88270-801-5)