CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, August 3, 2015
Does last week's earthquake in the Dead Sea have end-times significance? Read more here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, August 3, 2015
"Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ." (Psalm 110:3)
[We will be publishing this new, "streamlined edition" of the Daily Brief through Tuesday, August 4th].
ALERT! Congress will vote today on S. 1881 - the bill to defund Planned Parenthood. If you agree that this agency should no longer receive any of your tax dollars in order to remain in business, we ask you to call your two senators TODAY by dialing the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-2131. (Note: if you have trouble getting through, look up the name of your senator, go to that site, and search out the number for his or her district offices in your state. Staffers there will record your own "vote" on this bill, too.)
" . . . His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19b)
Iran confirms meteor hit
Iran confirms meteor hit
Friday, July 31, 2015
Iran has confirmed that a meteor has hit somewhere in the northern part of the country.
The meteor landed in Avaj in the province of Qazvin, Mohammad Ali Ahani, director of Qazvin Crisis Management Staff said, Mehr news agency reported July 31.
Also, there have been reports that some pieces of rock have hit areas in Eshtehard, Alborz Province, Arsalan Qasemi, governor of Boeen Zahra, county in Qazvin Province, said.
Another local governor of Takestan County, Qazvin Province, said that the area witnessed the passing of the meteor, but nowhere in the district under his supervision had been hit. (Source: TREND News Agency) Read more here.
- Lord God, let Your judgment begin to fall upon the wicked who now rule the nation of ancient Persia. We thank You that no lives were lost in this incident, but we ask that this event would strike fear into the hearts of the ayatollahs and the leaders of Iran's government. May they repent . . . may their eyes be opened . . . that our Great God Jehovah -- the God of ISRAEL -- is watching their every move. May they be delivered from the lies of Islam into Your glorious Kingdom. We ask this prayer in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen
- "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars." (Luke 21:25a)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Islamic State document reveals plan to bring 'end of the world' - Israel Hayom
An apparent Islamic State recruitment document found in Pakistan, obtained by the American Media Institute and reviewed by USA Today, reveals that the extremist group wants to build a new terrorist army in Afghanistan and Pakistan to trigger an Armageddon-like "end of the world" war in India. The 32-page Urdu-language document also details machinations to attack U.S. soldiers as they withdraw from Afghanistan and target American diplomats and Pakistani officials.
AMI obtained the document from a Pakistani citizen with connections to the Pakistani Taliban and had it independently translated from Urdu by Harvard researcher and translator Mustafa Samdani. (Read more)
2. Iran's foreign minister: Israel should disarm, too - Politico
Now that Iran has agreed to curb its nuclear program, Foreign Minister Javad Zarif says it's time for Israel to follow suit and abandon its long-rumored nuclear arsenal.
"Iran's push for a ban on weapons of mass destruction in its regional neighbourhood has been consistent," Zarif wrote in an editorial for the Guardian. "And while Iran has received the support of some of its Arab friends in this endeavour, Israel - home to the Middle East's only nuclear weapons programme - has been the holdout." (Read more)
3. West Bank violence flares after funeral for Palestinian baby killed in attack - Times of Israel
An Israeli policeman was lightly wounded Friday in one of several riots and attacks by Palestinians following the funeral of a baby who was killed when suspected Jewish terrorists firebombed his home overnight.
The officer was wounded in East Jerusalem when he was hit by a stone hurled at him by a Palestinian during a riot near the Temple Mount on Friday, Army Radio reported. Security forces arrested a suspect in connection with the incident. (Read more)
4. Netanyahu: "We must fight terrorism together"'- Jerusalem Online
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has condemned the torching of two homes in the Palestinian village of Duma early Friday, by suspected Jewish settlers, which killed a toddler and seriously injured three of his family members, including his 4-year-old brother. after that event, Netanyahu spoke with Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and said that everyone in Israel were shocked by the reprehensible terrorism against the Dawabsha family. he also said that "We must fight terrorism together regardless of which side it comes from."
According to an IDF preliminary investigation of the incident, two masked terrorists entered Duma shortly before 4 a.m., broke the windows of two houses and threw fire bombs inside. Both homes were quickly engulfed in flames. In one of them, one-and-a-half-year-old Ali Dawabsheh was killed and his parents and bother critically wounded. Graffiti writings were found inside the homes, including "Long Live the Messiah," "revenge" and "price tag." (Read more)
5. Mass-Scale Violence in Judea-Samaria, Jerusalem on Shabbat - Israel National News
On the background of the arson attack that left an Arab infant dead in the Samaria village of Duma on Friday, which the IDF has indicated Jewish extremists may have committed, Arab rioters launched wide-spread clashes with Jewish residents on Saturday. One tension-point of clashes took place between Jewish residents of Esh Kodesh in the Binyamin district north of Jerusalem and Arab residents of Kursa, with ownership of the agricultural land playing a key role in the conflict. A military source told Arutz Sheva that mutual rock throwing took place between the two sides.
The Jewish residents say that the grounds are state land, and that radical leftist groups are fanning violence in provoking the Arabs to start a conflict with them so as to seize the state land.
Elsewhere in Jelazoun, also in the Binyamin region, a funeral for an Arab terrorist turned violent. The terrorist, 16-year-old Laith Khaldi, was shot on Friday by IDF soldiers while throwing potentially lethal firebombs. (Read more)
6. Two rockets fall near Israel-Gaza border fence - Jerusalem Post
Two rockets launched from the Gaza strip exploded near the Israel border fence on Saturday night. Warning sirens were not sounded. No injuries or damage was reported. Israeli security forces are investigating the area to determine if the rockets fell within Israeli territory.
Tensions have been high in the area after a Palestinian toddler was killed and three members of his family were injured in a deadly arson attack on their home by suspected far-right extremists early Friday morning, in the village of Duma, in the northern area of the West Bank, outside the city of Nablus. (Read more)
7. Major Fire Threatens Jerusalem's Ein Kerem - CHPP
At least 40 firefighting crews were battling what has turned into a major blaze outside Jerusalem. The blaze, which is currently raging out of control, began near the community of Even Sapir in the Jerusalem Hills, but with the extremely hot and dry weather in Israel, the fire has been spreading very quickly. Currently, firefighters are concentrating their efforts on the area next to Hadassah Ein-Kerem Hospital, which is very close to where a large part of the fire is burning. Officials have cleared the parking lot outside the hospital, in order to ensure that there are less inflammable materials to feed the fire.
Part of the fire has spread northwards, and soldiers at the Ofer base north of Jerusalem have been evacuated, as the fire has been moving in that direction as well. At least three firefighters have been injured so far, victims of smoke inhalation. One home in Even Sapir burned down, and the rest of the town has been evacuated. Rescue officials are preparing to evacuate other areas as well. Among the structures that have gone up in flames are old warehouses with asbestos roofs. A combination of the asbestos fumes and the smoke from the fire has caused a precipitous drop in the air quality in and around Jerusalem, and officials are urging elderly and ill individuals to take cover.
8. WATCH: Jordanians march in solidarity with Palestinian 'day of rage' - Jerusalem Post
Hundreds of Jordanian men and women took to the streets of the capital city Amman in support of a "day of rage" planned in the Palestinian territories on Friday.
Protests had been planned in the West Bank against what many Palestinians feel is Israeli encroachment on al-Aksa mosque in Jerusalem.
Masked rock-throwing Palestinians and Israeli police using stun grenades clashed on Sunday at al-Aksa mosque plaza, on the annual Jewish day of mourning for Jerusalem's two destroyed Biblical temples. (Read more)
9. Weekly Prayer Alert from Intercessors for Israel - IFI
To read this week's bulletin, please go here.
10. Weekly Prayer Alert from Hebrew Nation News - HNN
To read this week's bulletin, please go here.
11. Weekly Prayer Alert from Bridges for Peace - BFP
To read this week's bulletin, please go here.
12. Recent Dead Sea Earthquake Ushering In End of Days Prophecy - Breaking Israel News
Thursday morning, at 5:39 local time, a 4.4 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Dead Sea region of Israel, an area that is the deepest depression on the face of the planet. Though there were no reports of injury or damage in Israel or neighboring Jordan, it is certainly worth considering the meaning of the event, especially in light of other recent earthquakes that have hit Israel and the catastrophic earthquake that hit a struck Nepal a few months ago.
Biblical scholars explain that the name of God, "Elohim", refers to the aspect revealed through nature and linked to judgment. For early man, and even today, every natural phenomenon can be an awe inspiring experience, an occasionally fearsome reminder of our mortality. An earthquake is, quite literally, a moving experience.
Prophecies connected to earthquakes abound, seeming to emphasize their biblical significance, especially in regards to End of Days prophecy. (Read more)
"The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because he was angry." (Psalms 18:7)
The Daily Brief
1. ALERT! Senate Will Vote Monday on Bill to Totally De-Fund Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz - LifeNews
The Senate will vote early Monday evening on a new bill has been introduced that will totally de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business. The legislation follows four shocking videos that have caught Planned Parenthood doctors discussing and arranging the sale of body parts of aborted babies.
Following pro-life Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's announcement of a working group, Senator Joni Ernst and Senators Rand Paul and James Lankford, along with 21 cosponsors, introduced legislation to protect women's health and defund Planned Parenthood, S.1881.
Democrats are expected to filibuster the bill - forcing Senate Republicans to come up with 60 votes to invoke cloture and end debate on the pro-life measure. Because two Republicans have said they support Planned Parenthood funding and Democrats like Senator Bob Casey, who claims to be pro-life, are not willing to support the bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood, Democrats are expected to sustain their filibuster and prevent passage of the de-funding measure.
Not only does the bill de-fund Planned Parenthood, it takes the taxpayer dollars that had been slated for the abortion business and sends them to legitimate women's health care (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that Planned Parenthood be defunded today in this vote in the United States Senate. We thank You that, under our Constitution, the Senate has been granted the authority to do so. Lord God, we are not a nation that condones the intentional selling of baby parts, and we abhor this practice. We thank You that this evidence has come to light, and we now agree in the Spirit of the Most High God that this activity will be stopped in Congress. We repent, dear Lord, that our nation now places so shallow a value upon human life. Have mercy, Lord, we pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
2. Obama's TPP trade deal hits the wall - WND
President Obama's hopes for a globalist pact integrating economies on four continents ran aground in Hawaii on Friday. Trade negotiators from 12 nations announced Friday they failed to reach a deal on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, TPP.
TPP would be the largest-ever economic regulatory treaty, encompassing more than 40 percent of the world's gross domestic product. Secretary of State John Kerry said the pact will merge the U.S. economy with Mexico and ten others nations, including Canada, Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia and the Islamic Sultanate of Brunei.
The latest round of talks in Hawaii had been expected to yield an agreement to conclude the TPP. The president pressed Congress to surrender its ability to amend the pact, saying that would enable him to quickly wrap up the negotiations. The House and Senate agreed, and gave President Obama the enhanced power, known as trade promotion authority, after a series of controversial votes in June.
But the president's promises proved false. Negotiations stalled when national governments failed to accede to corporatist demands to open their borders and allow "people, goods, capital and information to flow freely through the zone," as Japanese Trade Minister Akira Amari described TPP's goals at a news conference Friday evening. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that the arrogant bragging of a 'quick wrap-up' of negotiations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership has proven to be false. We take the Blood Bought Cross of Jesus Christ and hammer it down through this TPP proposal, causing it to shatter to nothingness. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil." (Proverbs 15:28 )
3. Obama set to announce steeper emissions cuts from US power plants - Fox News
Climate change is not a problem for another generation," Obama said. "Not anymore." Initially, Obama had mandated a 30 percent nationwide cut in carbon dioxide emission by 2030, compared to 2005 levels. The final version, which follows extensive consultations with environmental groups and the energy industry, will require a 32 percent cut instead, according to White House officials.
Opponents said they would sue the government immediately. They also planned to ask the courts to put the rule on hold while legal challenges play out. The steeper version also gives states an additional two years to comply, officials said, yielding to complaints that the original deadline was too soon. The new deadline is set for 2022. States will also have until 2018 instead of 2017 to submit their plans for how they intend to meet their targets.
The focus on renewables marks a significant shift from the earlier proposal that sought to accelerate the ongoing shift from coal-fired power to natural gas, which emits less carbon dioxide. The final version aims to keep the share of natural gas in the nation's power mix the same as it is now. (Read more)
- Lord God, this proposal is another attempt to control our people with needless regulations that are designed to address a non-issue: that of a global climate crisis. Instead, Abba God, we will see the cost of our own energy resources increase, causing a negative impact on our economy. We cry out in repentance and ask for mercy, Father. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Your hand will find all Your enemies; Your right hand will find those who hate You. Their offspring You shall destroy from the earth, and their descendants from among the sons of men. For they intended evil against You; they devised a plot which they are not able to perform. Be exalted in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power." (Psalm 21:8,10, 11 and 13)
4. White House will retaliate against China for OPM hacks - The Hill
The Obama administration has decided it will retaliate against China for orchestrating the devastating digital theft of over 22 million Americans' personal information, The New York Times reported. The response is still unformed and may not come for weeks.
The decision to retaliate is a sudden reversal for the White House, which had previously indicated it might not even publicly blame China for the cyber attacks. Administration officials have only privately accused Beijing of ordering the digital strike.
"One of the conclusions we've reached is that we need to be a bit more public about our responses, and one reason is deterrence," one senior administration official involved in the debate told The Times. "We need to disrupt and deter what our adversaries are doing in cyberspace, and that means you need a full range of tools to tailor a response."
President Obama has been under mounting pressure to respond to the attacks, considered the largest ever digital theft of government data. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask You to intervene in this "flashpoint" situation. If handled incorrectly, any response to the Chinese hacking incident would serve only to inflame our relations with that nation even more so. Lord God, we ask for the gentle touch of the Holy Spirit to be evident, so that tensions would ease, constructive dialogue would unfold, and a sense of peace -- however fragile -- between China and the United States would be maintained. Grant us Your wisdom, O Lord, we pray, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Give us aid against the enemy, for human help is worthless." (Psalm 60:11)
5. Allen West: Navy to prosecute Chattanooga hero - WND
According to former congressman and retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Allen West, the U.S. Navy has decided to bring charges against the naval officer who fired his personal weapon at Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez during the ISIS supporter's July 16 attack on the Chattanooga U.S. Naval and Marine Reserve Center. Abdulazeez, armed with a handgun and an assault rifle, killed four Marines and one sailor. In the posting on his website Saturday, West wrote: . . . "What would they prefer - that Abdulazeez had been able to kill all the Marines and sailors at the Naval Support Reserve Center?"
"Let me draw an interesting contrast: Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus is more concerned about lifting the ban on transgendered sailors. Mabus has a problem in that for the first time since 2007 the U.S. Navy will not have a carrier battle group operating in the Persian Gulf. But this knucklehead has no problem with the Navy seeking to destroy the career of a sailor, a commander of an installation, returning fire against an Islamic jihadist attack. I do not care if it was his personal weapon, he deserves a medal for facing the enemy." (Read more)
- Lord God in Heaven, we cry out to You for mercy as we see the leaders in our armed forces calling good evil and evil good. Father God, they are no longer thinking straight. Lord God, Your Word is true: in the Book of Zechariah, You state that all who afflict Jerusalem will be visited with madness. As Your children, we now turn our hearts towards Israel, and we repent of our own actions against the people of Zion. Your Word IS true, and we are now reaping the fruit of our own wicked behavior towards Israel, as we see our own leaders making insane decisions like the one described by Allen West. We ask that all charges against this naval officer be dropped. Help us, O Lord, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider [leaders] with madness," declares the Lord. "I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.'" (Zechariah 12:3-6)
6. Baltimore killings soar to a level unseen in 43 years - Fox News
Baltimore reached a grim milestone on Friday, three months after riots erupted in response to the death of Freddie Gray in police custody: With 45 homicides in July, the city has seen more bloodshed in a single month than it has in 43 years. Police reported three deaths - two men shot Thursday and one on Friday. The men died at local hospitals.
With their deaths, this year's homicides reached 189, far outpacing the 119 killings by July's end in 2014. Nonfatal shootings have soared to 366, compared to 200 by the same date last year. July's total was the worst since the city recorded 45 killings in August 1972, according to The Baltimore Sun.
Baltimore is not unique in its suffering; crimes are spiking in big cities around the country.
Crime experts and residents of Baltimore's most dangerous neighborhoods cite a confluence of factors: mistrust of the police; generalized anger and hopelessness over a lack of opportunities for young black men; and competition among dealers of illegal drugs, bolstered by the looting of prescription pills from pharmacies during the riot.(Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it is so tragic how increasingly there is a breakdown manifesting between people who are charged with enforcing laws and many of the people living within core inner cities and surrounding suburbs. We acknowledge the true breakdown is because so many of these people do not know You, Father. We repent that our nation has descended to such a level of lawlessness and ignorance of You. Direct us how to evangelize those who need You so desperately and who would accept Your redemption before it will be too late. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21 NKJV)
7. California Drought Could Wipe Cities Off Map If Their Water Runs Out - The Sacramento Bee
TULARE COUNTY (CBS13) - The epicenter of California's drought crisis is in the Central Valley, where there are growing fears the drought could wipe entire towns off of the map. Wells are going dry, jobs are harder to come by and families are already moving, either to different states or even Mexico in search of work.
. . . Desolate and deserted, Dave Leimbach is one of the few left in Lockhart. "We didn't ask for this," he said. Once home to hundreds, it's an all but abandoned and forgotten ghost town in the Mojave that barely a half-dozen people call home. The sun set slowly on the old farming town when the nearby lake dried up. "I've been out here since 1980," he said. "And they're all gone. All of them."
Hundreds of miles away, communities similarly built on farming are struggling as water is scarce. Orchards have been ripped out, and farm jobs are few. Many worry new ghost towns could be on the horizon in Central California. (Read more)
- Send rain, Lord we pray, send rain. Please help those who are directly impacted by this drought to know what to do, and how to react in the days ahead. Send rain, Lord we pray, send rain.
- "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." (Psalm 37:23)
8. 18 raging wildfires force California Gov. to declare state of emergency - rt.com
California Governor Jerry Brown has declared a statement of emergency as 18 large wildfires burn through more than a dozen counties.
"California's severe drought and extreme weather have turned much of the state into a tinderbox," said Governor Brown in a statement. "Our courageous firefighters are on the front lines and we'll do everything we can to help them."
Wildfires are not an uncommon occurrence in California but severe drought conditions and high temperatures have combined to create an especially dangerous situation. The drought has caused millions of trees to die, which has helped spread the fires throughout the state, according to Brown.
Air quality in the state is also starting to deteriorate as a result of the combination, which could potentially lead to public health emergencies, according to the governor's office. (Read more)
- Send rain, Lord we pray, send rain.
- "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)
9. Iran publishes book on how to outwit US and destroy Israel - NY Post
While Secretary of State John Kerry and President Obama do their best to paper over the brutality of the Iranian regime and force through a nuclear agreement, Iran's religious leader has another issue on his mind: The destruction of Israel.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has published a new book called "Palestine," a 416-page screed against the Jewish state. A blurb on the back cover credits Khamenei as "The flagbearer of Jihad to liberate Jerusalem."
Khamenei claims that his strategy for the destruction of Israel is not based on anti-Semitism, which he describes as a European phenomenon. His position is instead based on "well-established Islamic principles." One such principle is that a land that falls under Muslim rule, even briefly, can never again be ceded to non-Muslims. What matters in Islam is ownership of a land's government, even if the majority of inhabitants are non-Muslims. Khomeinists are not alone in this belief.
Dozens of maps circulate in the Muslim world showing the extent of Muslim territories lost to the Infidel that must be recovered. These include large parts of Russia and Europe, almost a third of China, the whole of India and parts of The Philippines and Thailand. (Read more)
- Father God, not too long ago, few of us knew anything about the teachings of the religion of Islam. Now . . . we do. Father, together we take up the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, and we pierce through and destroy this evil principality which is holding so many captive to its wicked schemes and practices. Father, let the beheadings, the torture, the burnings, and the "crucifixions" of the innocent under the hands of Moslems STOP. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for divine protection from its enemy, Iran. We praise You for all who have exited this 'darkness' and have come into Your glorious light, and ask that more souls come out of this lie into full redemption in You alone. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Thus says the Lord to you: 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's . . . You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.'" (2 Chronicles 20:15b & 17)
10. Feels-Like Temp Reaches 163 Degrees in Iran; Days Off Ordered as Mideast Broils in Extreme Heat Wave - Weather.com
Even in the Middle East, where scorching heat is part of everyday life during the summer, coping with extreme temperatures has its limits. A heat wave that has been building for days is testing those limits - and will test the region's national temperature records too. The searing heat has led to an impromptu, mandatory four-day holiday in Iraq beginning this past Thursday.
The government has urged residents to stay out of the sun and drink plenty of water, but for many of the more than 3 million Iraqis displaced by violent conflict, that poses a dilemma.
Chronic electricity and water cuts in Iraq and other conflict-ridden countries make heat waves like the present one even more unbearable - particularly for the more than 14 million people displaced by violence across the region. In the southern Iraqi city of Basrah earlier this month, protesters clashed with police as they demonstrated for better power services, leaving one person dead. (Read more)
- Lord God, a nation that curses Israel will be cursed. So it has now happened to Iran. We ask that Your redemptive purpose would come forth as a result of this terrible heatwave; that knees would bow; and that many would find You as their Savior and their Lord. Spare these people, we pray, that they may come to faith in You and abide in You both now and in eternity. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse . . . "
The Daily Jot
Monday, August 3, 2015
Devices of deception
Jesus tells us in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Yet, Americans have been living in deception for generations. Think about it. The public school system has been teaching evolution since the 1960s. If evolution, in its most sincere sense were true, why are we not seeing apes turning into men these days? People become so angry over the mere question raised that they may not have come from apes. The movement is so intense that even Christians are trying to justify evolution while still maintaining some form of the Creation account in the Bible. Bottom line: evolution is just one of the avenues to humanism--it is "science" unproven, but taught as fact.
Or how about the idea that a "fetus" is a gathering of cells, but not a human life? This so-called science has led to the deaths of over 40 million American pre-born babies. There is no doubt in real "science" these days that a pre-born baby is a legitimate human being living inside its mother's womb. 4-D ultrasounds prove that a pre-born baby is human by giving undeniable visual confirmation of a pre-born baby's human features--lips, face, eyes, hands, feet--even down to emotional and sensory reactions to the environment within the womb. Yet pre-born "science" accepts the "fetus as tissue" definition as fact. Planned Parenthood has made an entire industry from killing pre-born babies, and is now selling their body parts.
Global Warming is now a discredited "science." The so-called scientists at Britain's University of East Anglia's Climate Research Union have admitted that they falsified data. The head of the unit resigned in disgrace and said he thought about committing suicide. The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has been proven a fraud. Even some news reporters who were duped by these humanist socialists have called for someone to go to jail for conspiring in international fraud. Still the US "president" continues the charade by deriding those who refuse to believe this falsehood and see it for what it truly is: a socialist agenda item to increase taxes and control government and people.
The scientific community has done wonders over the centuries. But there is great deception when humanist politics co-opts science to undermine the precepts of God. When scientists, who are predisposed to proving God wrong, turn away from their science to support political agendas, their true craft becomes the science of fraud. Then instead of saving lives and providing more freedom to mankind, they become instruments of death and tyranny. If you do not want to be deceived, read what the Bible says about these issues. The wise king Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 1:9, "There is no new thing under the sun" The more science tries to prove the Bible wrong, the more the Bible is proven true.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Message from Charisma News
A Message from Charisma News:
Something Catastrophic Is Coming -- Should We Tune Out?
"I fear the day when technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." -Albert Einstein
In my study I have a giant poster of one of my heroes, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. One of his famous quotes is the following: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
Today, I believe many people are being silenced having reached a breaking point. Because of distraction with electronic gadgets, a reluctance to stay engaged on unpopular issues, plus experiencing what seems like an avalanche of negative developments in our culture, many people are disconnecting or distancing themselves from news. They're feeling disillusioned, discouraged and depressed. I personally battle these very things.
At times what's happening in our nation seems overwhelming. Imagine if you're ready to enroll at college in California and cultural confusion has brought us to the point where a student now checks a box answering the question, "What are you? 1. Male 2. Female 3. Transmale 4. Transwoman 5. Gender queer 6. Different identity." Unbelievable!
The meteoric rise of Donald Trump as a presidential candidate is no coincidence. Scores of people are simply fed up with politicians and their promises that don't translate into policy and effective change. Considering the above, it is not a time to check out of the game but reconsecrate ourselves to prayer and be ready for whatever will unfold in the months ahead. I sense dramatic change coming, judgments and severe economic upheaval.
Prophetic leader Gary Kah warn us: "Never before have so many signs of the times manifested simultaneously. Watching the evening news is like witnessing the prophecies of Scripture unfold before our eyes,
- An emerging caliphate in the Middle East
- An energized Russia-thought to be dead
- The global economy teetering on the brink because of insurmountable debt . . ."
"The end of all things is near. Therefore be solemn and sober so you can pray. Above all things, have unfailing love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins" (1 Pet. 4:7-8).
(Charisma News) Read more here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
The Week of Sunday, August 2 - Saturday, August 8. 2015
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
A Note of Thanks!
A Note of Thanks!
This morning I want to give a special word of thanks to our Daily Brief editorial team, who worked together all last week to bring you these prayer bulletins while Jim and I went on a vacation!
We have just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary, and chose to return to the site of our honeymoon back in 1975: French Canada.
What a joy that trip was for both of us! Mostly, quite frankly, we have rediscovered the blessing that we are to each other, and the great gift our marriage has been throughout these many years . . . even in the midst of our often hectic lifestyles here in Virginia!
As we all see the days ahead, there is no doubt that the time of "peace" is about to shift to a time of great shakings and instability. Knowing this fact, may I encourage each one of you to take the time, sometime this month, to simply slip away, and to gaze upon the Face of our Savior in quiet reflection, for He will, indeed, carry us through the turbulent times that are ahead.
God bless you all!
In His Amazing Grace,
Sara Ballenger, Founder
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." (Luke 5:16)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Alison Krauss - I'll Fly Away
"No more cold iron shackles on my feet,
I'll fly away! I'll fly away, O glory,
I'll fly away!
When I die, Hallelujah, bye and bye,
I'll fly away!"
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.