CHPP Daily Brief - Thursday, July 24, 2014
31,076 decisions for Jesus Christ!
See our Good News report, below.
ALSO: Watch as Israel's soldiers dance
unto the LORD before entering Gaza!
Ramadan's "Night of Power" is Tonight
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, July 24, 2014
"Great is Thy faithfulness . . ." (Lamentations 3:23)
The Daily Brief
1. Kerry flies into Tel Aviv to push for cease-fire, amid FAA flight restrictions - Fox News
Secretary of State John Kerry landed in Israel Wednesday as part of his latest effort to broker an elusive truce between Israel and Hamas that would halt fighting in the Gaza Strip.
The secretary arrived in Tel Aviv despite a Federal Aviation Administration order temporarily halting commercial flights into the city -- a ban imposed after a Hamas rocket landed less than a mile from Ben-Gurion Airport.
Kerry was to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in Jerusalem and Ramallah in what appeared to be a crucial day in the flailing talks. (Read more)
- Father, we bind Secretary of State Kerry's action to Your perfect will, and we loose Your Holy Spirit to minister to him. We pray for the blinders to be removed from his mind and heart regarding Israel.
- ". . . and whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:19b)
2. FAA Orders ALL US Airlines to Suspend Flights to Israel - Jerusalem Post
The US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) has implemented a ban on all US flights traveling to and from Israel's Ben Gurion Airport. "The FAA immediately notified US carriers when the agency learned of the rocket strike and informed them that the agency was finalizing a [Notice to Airmen]" prohibiting the flights.
Delta and United both said the suspended flight implementation was indefinite. One industry source was quoted as saying the ban may spread. "As soon as the FAA gives such an order to US carriers," said the source, "in most cases it's a domino effect, and most European carriers will be forced to suspend their flights."
Israeli Transportation Minister Israel Katz warned against giving Hamas a "coup" in the situation, recognizing that tensions are high because of the recently downed Malaysian flight in Ukraine. He called on American airline companies to return to normal functioning, assuring them that Ben Gurion airport was safe for landings and takeoffs. "There is no reason for the American companies to stop their flights and give a prize to terror," he said. (Read more)
BREAKING NEWS: FAA lifts ban on US flights to Tel Aviv
The FAA has announced that U.S. airlines are clear to fly into and out of Tel Aviv's Ben-Gurion Airport.
- Father, this action harms the nation of Israel. We ask that You hold them up, protect their tourism, and not allow this situation to "spread." we also ask that the FAA back off of this decision. We thank You for this late-breaking news, and we ask that You cause the FAA to hold to this new position, without wavering. In Your Name, amen.
- "In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, O Lord; for You will answer me." (Psalm 86:7)
3. EU Calls for Hamas to Disarm: Israel "Pleasantly Surprised" - Israel Today
Israel was pleasantly surprised on Tuesday when European Union foreign ministers echoed Jerusalem's demand that Hamas and its terrorist allies be disarmed as an outcome of the current Gaza war.
"The EU calls on Hamas to immediately put an end to these acts and to renounce violence. All terrorist groups in Gaza must disarm," read the first clause of a joint statement issued following a meeting in Brussels. Israel's Foreign Ministry issued its own statement praising "the European Union's call for the disarmament of the terror organizations in the Gaza Strip of their weapons and the demilitarization of Gaza. These EU statements are completely in line with the perception that guides Israel in the fight against terrorism and they open the door for cooperation in implementing common principles for restoring peace and security."(Read more)
- Father, we rejoice at this development, but our confidence does not rest in men, but in You.
- "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the Name of the Lord our God." (Psalm 20:7)
4. Grim task: MH-17 bodies arrive in Netherlands for identification - Fox News
FIRST WOODEN COFFINS carrying the bodies of victims of downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 arrive in The Netherlands, where forensic investigators face task of identifying remains some six days after the Boeing 777 was shot down over eastern Ukraine killing 298.
Churches across the country rang their bells for five minutes before the planes landed, while flags of all the nations who had victims in the disaster were flown at half-mast at the air base, the BBC reported. A military honor guard stood to attention while a trumpeter played The Last Post, a military song for people killed in war, according to Reuters. After a moment of silence across the nation, soldiers and Marines boarded the planes and slowly unloaded the bodies and moved them into a fleet of waiting hearses. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for those who will be working to identify the victims from flight 17. Thank You for the release of the victims' bodies. We speak comfort to all the families who lost loved ones on this flight. We pray the investigation for the cause of the crash will be accomplished without further delay. In Jesus Name.
- "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
5. Rep. Wolf Accuses ISIS of Genocide, Targeting Christians in Iraq 'For Extinction' - CNSNews.com
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) accused the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) of genocide for "systematically targeting Christians and other religious minorities in Iraq for extinction" during an impassioned speech on the House floor Tuesday. Wolf - who earned an international reputation as a champion of human rights for his humanitarian efforts in China, Tibet, Sudan, Afghanistan and other countries during his 34 years in Congress - told his House colleagues that "I believe that what is happening to the Christian community in Iraq is genocide. I also believe it is 'a crime against humanity'."
"Last Thursday, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, more commonly referred to as ISIS, gave the few remaining Christians in Mosul until Saturday to leave or be killed," Wolf said. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for our brothers and sisters in Iraq, and ask for Your mercy over them. May Your protection be with them.
- "You shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor the arrow that flies by day . . ." (Psalm 91:5)
6. State Dept. Official: ISIS No Longer a Terrorist Group But 'A Full-Blown Army' - CNSNews.com
A State Department official who just returned from a seven-week trip to Iraq, said the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) - or the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) - is no longer just a terrorist group. "ISIL is no longer simply a terrorist organization," Brett McGurk, deputy assistant secretary for Iraq and Iran at the U.S. Department of State, said at a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Wednesday. "It is now a full-blown army seeking to establish a self-governing state through the Tigress and Euphrates Valley in what is now Syria and Iraq."
Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.), chairman of the committee, said the Obama administration testified six months ago before the same committee about the threat posed by ISIS, but no action has been taken to thwart its advance. "Never has a terrorist organization possessed the heavy weaponry, cash and personnel that ISIS does today - which includes thousands of western passport holders," he said.(Read more)
- Father, we stand on Your word, Your promises. We understand that all things must play out according to the times in which we live. We simply ask your mercy and protection.
- "Woe to him that builds a town with blood, and establishes a city by iniquity!" (Habakkuk 2:12)
7. Federal Appeals Court Deals Blow to ObamaCare - Breaking Christian News
Policies "Must be Made by Elected Representatives, Not Appointed, Life-Tenured Judges"
A massive blow was dealt to the highly controversial ObamaCare mandate today (Tuesday, July 22). According to a report in the American Center for Law and Justice, in a 2-1 decision, a three-judge panel of the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia struck down an IRS rule that extended ObamaCare subsidies well beyond the law's written guidelines.
In other words, the Court found that the ObamaCare subsidies for the millions of Americans in the 35 states that did not create ObamaCare exchanges are unlawful. Or, as a report in Fox News put it, "though the ruling is likely to be appealed, the decision threatens to gut the foundation of [ObamaCare] by potentially nixing subsidies that millions of people obtained through the federally run exchange known as HealthCare.gov. (Read more)
- Lord we thank you for this victory over at least a few parts of Obamacare. We once again ask that You dismantle the socialist program and bring about Your perfect will American healthcare!
- "There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand." (Proverbs 19:21)
8. Veteran says he was forgotten in Florida VA clinic - Fox News
DELTONA, Fla. - A veteran of the U.S. Marines says he was locked inside a central Florida community clinic operated by the Veteran's Administration. Jeffrey Duck told WKMG he arrived as a "walk in" patient at the clinic around 1 p.m. Monday and sat in a consultation room for more than three hours before realizing he was alone in the building.
Duck says he was worried he'd be accused of trying to steal something so he took cellphone video of himself walking around the lobby. That set off the alarm. So, he called 911.
The Veteran's Administration issued an apology to Duck on Tuesday and said they are reviewing their closing procedures. Duck says he isn't angry, just disappointed. (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, our veterans are suffering much at the hands of this government, from receiving no appointments for years to being forgotten in a clinic. Father, even You honored the warriors of David with Your blessings, so we ask for Your blessings for these men who have served our nation.
- "And I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him."
9. Ramadan's "Night of Power" is Tonight - CHPP
Every year during the Moslem month of Ramadan, one night is set aside as the "Night of Power." On that night, Moslems stream to their mosques to stay up all night: the men upstairs and the women downstairs. Moslems observe this occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, believing this night a very good time for prayers to be answered.
Today, many Muslims think this is a special night when God gives heed to their requests. Often they are open to dreams and visions as they seek for guidance and revelation. Many Muslims pray all night seeking a response to specific requests. One common belief is that angels will shower down the peace and blessings of God on all who remain awake during this "night of power". According to the Qur'an, God either listens directly or via the angel Gabriel, to the requests of Muslims concerning their fate.(Read more)
- As the followers of Islam stay up all night tonight, seeking a dream or a vision from "god," cry out on their behalf, for Christ died for all. May this night be the night that thousands of souls, caught in the lies of Islam, are set free to worship the Lord in Spirit and in Truth. Amen.
- "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' (Isaiah 65:1)
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
10. Purged by ISIS, Iraq's Christians appeal to world for help - Fox News
Iraqi Christians are begging for help from the civilized world after Mosul, the northern city where they have lived and worshiped for 2,000 years, was purged of non-Muslims by ISIS, the jihadist terror group that claims to have established its own nation in the region. (Read more)
- In this time when the Jews are being persecuted worldwide with rampant acts of anti-semitism, so are the Christians. Lift up a prayer for these precious saints whose town of Mosul, dating back over 2,000 years, is the oldest Christian city in Iraq. May our Lord hear their prayer and may the church rise up to meet their needs now, in His Name, amen.
- "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you." (Deuteronomy 20:3,4)
1. Senator Ted Cruz: Barack Obama using FAA in 'economic boycott of Israel' - Politico
The State Department and Sen. Ted Cruz sparred Wednesday over the Texas Republican's accusation that the Obama administration was trying to sabotage Israel's economy by barring flights into Tel Aviv.
"The facts suggest that President Obama has just used a federal regulatory agency to launch an economic boycott on Israel, in order to try to force our ally to comply with his foreign-policy demands," Cruz said in a statement Wednesday, pointing to earlier comments from Secretary of State John Kerry implying Israel's economy would suffer it the country's occupation of Palestine continued.
The State Department vehemently objected to Cruz's comments.
"It's ridiculous and offensive, quite frankly," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said at a press briefing. "The FAA takes its responsibilities very seriously. They make these decisions based solely on the safety and security of American citizens, period. For anyone to suggest otherwise is just ridiculous."
Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier fired back: "We find the Obama Administration's foreign policy to be ridiculous and offensive." (Read more)
2. FAA extends ban on US flights to Israel by 24 hours - Jerusalem Post
Is this US and European pressure on Israel to agree to a cease-fire agreement with the terror group Hamas?
On Tuesday, it suspended flights for 36 hours following the decision by America's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to suspend travel to and from Israel. A rocket had fallen in a house in Yehud, a residential area near the airport, earlier in the day.
Delta Air Lines will also extend its suspension of flights to Israel on Wednesday amid hostilities between Israel and the militant group Hamas, its chief executive said on CNBC. "Today . . . we are not flying to Israel," Delta CEO Richard Anderson said in an interview with CNBC.
His comments come a day after air carriers in the United States and Europe halted flights to Tel Aviv as turmoil in Israel and the Gaza Strip intensified.
US Airways canceled its flights to and from Ben-Gurion Airport on Wednesday night, saying it would resume air operations if the FAA removes its ban. (Read more)
3. Grounded flights but soaring morale - Times of Israel
Foreign airlines cancel flights and a soldier is MIA, but Israel is as resolute as ever.
"We are strong and we will complete this mission" is Yedioth Ahronoth's headline, quoting Colonel Ghassan Alian, the recently injured head of the Golani infantry brigade. Alian was released from the hospital on Tuesday and immediately returned to the brigade where he spoke to his soldiers. (Read more)
4. AIPAC Posts Daily Updates: Breaking News out of Israel - AIPAC
In an effort to provide you with up to date information on the situation in Israel and Gaza, we will be sending daily memos to you as warranted. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Regional Outreach Director or other AIPAC staff. AIPAC's webpage also offers various resources on the current situation.
These updates include latest casualty figures and facts from the battle field. To view today's update, go here.
5. News and Prayer Requests from Out of Zion Go here.
6. More Prayer Requests from Believers on the Land - Breath of Life Ministries
7. Ben Stein: There's 'Jew Hatred' in the Media, Even From Jews! - NewsMax
The mainstream media exhibit a disturbing malice for Jews that smacks of anti-Semitism, actor, economist and commentator Ben Stein tells Newsmax TV. (Read more) "There's just a certain amount of Jew hatred in the media, especially in the elite media, that cannot be overcome or explained away,'' Stein said Tuesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show.'' (Read more)
8. 'Their God changes path of our rockets in mid-air' - WND
As Israel continues to deal with the threat of terrorist rockets flying through its skies, a recent newspaper headline trumpeted the possibility of supernatural protection.
"Their God changes the path of our rockets in mid-air, said a terrorist," was the headline in the July 18 edition of the Jewish Telegraph.
It was a partial quote from Barbara Ordman, who lives in Ma'ale Adumim on the West Bank.
Her exact quotation was: "As one of the terrorists from Gaza was reported to say when asked why they couldn't aim their rockets more effectively: "We do aim them, but their God changes their path in mid-air." (Read more)
URGENT AND BREAKING!!
9. Calling the Prayer Force! July 24~Bullets of News/Intercession - Hebrew Nation News
This is the most recent report from our friend, K, who is now also posting her reports on Hebrew Nation News. This exhaustive report can be seen by going here.
10. Thousands Mourn Death of U.S. Soldier in Jerusalem - CHPP
Once again today, ordinary Israeli's came out to show their appreciation for a fallen soldier. Max Steinberg was a 24 year old native Californian from the USA. Thousands lined the streets leading to the Mt Herzl military cemetery. A call had gone out on the radio and TV for Israelis to come out and show their last respects to this young man. Many draped themselves in the flag and wept for him and his family as if it was their own son. This is what makes my city Jerusalem so special and gives me the strength to stand firm in the midst of war.
- We have been praying that this war will bring nations together and this is a good example. After all we are all God's creation never mind where we happen to be born or live.
- "Comfort ye, comfort ye, My people." (Isaiah 40:1)
Praying over the invasion of illegal immigrants on our southern border
This week please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE over the headlines below:
"As soon as they hear, they obey me;
Foreigners submit to me.
Foreigners fade away,
And come trembling out of their fortresses." (Psalm 18:44,45)
1. U.N. Taking Control Of America's Southern Border - Patriot Update
Two anonymous Border Patrol agents reportedly told radio host Dave Hodges that under the pretense of labeling illegal aliens "refugees," the United Nations is "calling the shots" on America's border operations and the U.N. is deciding which immigrants to ship to various parts of the U.S.
One of the agents said U.N. personnel are already present at various detention facilities in the American Southwest, according to Hodges, and are working with Homeland Security agents in "gathering MS-13 gangsters, captured from different roundups, patch worked together as a group and then shipped together to various locations on the perimeter of the United States."
"I objected to admitting MS-13 gangsters into the U.S. and I was told that we have our orders to treat them like anyone else," the other agent told Hodges.
Hodges says that he asked one of the agents how they knew the immigrants were MS-13 and he told him they could tell "by the tattoos."
"He recounted the fact that MS-13 operatives will have a tattoo with tears on their face which represents a person that they have murdered in the commission of their drug related duties," Hodges reported. "He said he processed an MS-13 member who had nine tears on his face and he was told to process him as an 'unaccompanied juvenile refugee.'" (Read more)
2. Report: Thousands of Migrants Are No-Shows at Hearings - Newsmax
Thousands of illegal juvenile immigrants from Central America do not show up for their deportation hearings across the country, the Justice Department estimates, the Dallas Morning News reported.
Eighteen out of 20 unaccompanied migrant children from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador failed to turn up for their immigration hearing in Dallas one day this week, the newspaper said.
Juan Osuna, who heads the Justice Department's immigration courts, told a congressional committee recently that, on average, 46 percent of juvenile migrants miss their immigration court hearings, according to the Morning News.
Homeland Security has estimated that 100,000 juveniles have entered the U.S. illegally without a parent in the last two fiscal years, which would mean that 46,000 of them were or will be no-shows at deportation hearings.
The 90 percent absentee rate in the Dallas courtroom alarmed federal Immigration Judge Michael Baird, who said it was "highly unusual." He set a new date, Aug. 11, for the 18 missing juveniles to show up or he'll issue deportation orders, the Morning News reported.
Baird expressed concerned that the children may not have properly been informed of the hearings by immigration authorities, while Homeland Security attorney Lynn Javier said it was "prudent" to set a new date for the hearings, according to the newspaper. (Read more)
3. Obama to House Illegals in Empty Shopping Malls - Patriot Update
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick (D) said that the Obama administration asked whether his state had facilities to house up to 1,000 illegal immigrant children at military bases or unused shopping malls.
On Friday, Patrick announced that he proposed two military bases where illegal immigrants can be housed. He said Joint Base Cape Cod in Bourne and Westover Air Base in Chicopee would have "spaces for children to sleep, eat, play and go to school," and "the average stay for children sheltered there would be 35 days." He said the federal government would pick up the tab.
Patrick said the illegal immigrant children will "need age-appropriate toys and books" and the "company of responsible adults, especially those who speak Spanish." He also said the state may work with the federal government, in addition to "faith and refugee organizations." (Read more)
4. Obama scheme makes every town a border town - WND
New Obama rule could force cities to house illegals
If your city has been seduced by the Obama administration's offer of this "free money," the illegal-alien crisis happening on the border today could be coming to your neighborhood tomorrow.
This new Obama rule puts a whole new spin on the phrase, "with strings attached." (Read more)
Five PRAISE Reports from Israel!
Five PRAISE Reports from Israel!
God is Answering our Prayers!
[Our dear friend, K, is now also publishing her alerts on Hebrew Nation News. Below please find the headlines (only) for this section, then go to HNN for the wonderful details and prayer requests for each report. Praise the Lord!]
1. UN GENERAL SEC., BAN KI MOON, WAS IN ISRAEL TODAY, WITH THE INITIAL INTENTION OF DEMANDING A CEASEFIRE. AFTER MEETINGS WITH PM NETANYAHU, AND BEING SHOWN THE INTEL AND BATTLE VIDEOS, HE CHANGED HIS TUNE.
2. THE TERRORIST TUNNELS ARE BEING DESTROYED BY THE IDF CONTINUALLY. MANY MORE ARE BEING DISCOVERED EACH DAY!
3. 28 TERRORISTS WERE CAPTURED TODAY, AND ARE NOW GIVING UP VITAL INFORMATION AND INTELLIGENCE TO OUR FORCES. THE IDF HAS VIDEO PROOF THAT TERRORISTS ARE USING AMBULANCES TO TRANSPORT TERRORISTS AND WEAPONS. WHAT IS BEING DONE IN THE DARKNESS IS BEING BROUGHT INTO THE LIGHT!!
4. The Israeli national airline, EL AL will continue providing air service to the Land.
5. Egypt floods smuggling tunnels in Gaza with sewage
6. AND FINALLY:
Israeli soldiers dancing before Gaza entry: "We Have No one Rely Upon Except Our Father In Heaven"
Moments before these Israeli soldiers enter Gaza and place their lives at risk for the sake of the Land of Israel, they prepare themselves by singing and dancing songs of faith in the G-d of Israel. They are singing:
1) "The whole world is a narrow bridge and the main thing is not to be afraid" - a famous rabbinical phrase
2) Serve G-d with joy and come before Him with song
3) "We Have No one (to) Rely Upon Except Our Father In Heaven"
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Finally a presidential action
For all the talk and big hat and boots, many of us have been wondering if Texas Republican Governor Rick Perry had any cattle to back it up. Finally, there is something presidential coming from Texas--and its not from the "president." Perry has finally taken action to secure his own borders by announcing that he will send about a thousand National Guard Troops to the US-Mexico border. Acting not presidential is the occupant of the Oval Office, whose new press secretary Josh Earnest said that the White House has not made any formal request for assistance in securing the Texas border. The White House response doesn't pass the straight face test. In fact, it is an insult to Texas and to America.
According to CBS and White House transcripts, Earnest tried to use Perry's announcement to garner support for another $3.7 billion the Administration is seeking to deal with the border crisis it created. Earnest said, "We hope that Governor Perry will support the supplemental appropriations request that this administration put forward a few weeks ago and that that Governor Perry will use his influence with congressional Republicans in Congress an urge them to stop blocking comprehensive bipartisan legislation in the House of Representatives." Earnest also said that the "president", the vice president, Homeland Security, Defense and Health and Human Services are going to meet to discuss the border crisis.
2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." And that is exactly what is happening with the White House and this crisis. In June, Perry brought media attention to the White House-created crisis. He said, ""We have record high numbers of other than Mexicans being apprehended at the border. These are people that are coming from states like Syria that have substantial connections back to terrorist regimes and terrorist operations...We flagged this issue in 2012 and have yet to even have a response as far as I know, not from the president, but not even from his administration."
Perry finally has decided that he cannot count on the "president" to secure the borders of his state and is taking matters into his own hands. He should have done this a long time ago, but as I understand it, he is still concerned about his authority to do so. When the federal government refuses to protect its citizens from invasion, the states or the citizens themselves must step up. The 10th Amendment says, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." This should also apply if the United States refuses to enforce the law. We have finally seen a presidential action--not by the "president" but by a man who wants to be president.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Beginning of the ENDA
Beginning of the ENDA
President Obama signed an executive order Monday to protect "gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees from discrimination by companies that do federal government work." Tony Perkins commented, "mandating that all federal contractors and subcontractors -- regardless of their religious and moral convictions -- give special treatment to homosexuals, transgenders, and cross-dressers in the workplace."
The order also applies to subcontractors and will impact 24,000 companies, 28 million workers -- about one-fifth of the total U.S. workforce. Government employees are already subject to an ENDA-like order.
Tony writes, "This action is wrong... because it accepts the premise that distinctions based on actual conduct -- such as homosexual behavior and cross-dressing -- should be treated the same way as distinctions based on immutable and innocuous characteristics like race." This will allow homosexual activists to subject contractors to costly lawsuits, jeopardize their government contracts, strip their right to set dress and grooming standards, and bully and blackmail contractors and subcontractors who have moral or religious objections to homosexual behavior.
(Source for this report, and the prayer below: Rev.Pierre Bynum, Chaplain & National Prayer Director, Family Research Council)
- May God's people pray and arise to take action! May the next Congress and President act to protect all who hold to the Faith of our Fathers, and reverse the activist homosexual agenda in every branch of Government!
- "And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits." (Daniel 11:32)
Obama's Assault On Religious Liberty
by Gary Bauer; End-of-Day; July 23, 2014
The Obama outrages are happening so frequently that it's hard to keep up with them. Here's the latest. On Monday Obama signed an executive order banning federal contractors from discriminating on the basis of "gender identity," extending new legal protections to transgendered federal workers.
This order was the result of Obama's "pen and phone" strategy of governing. The so-called "Employment Non-Discrimination Act" (ENDA) was a key demand of the radical homosexual rights movement. It passed the Democrat Senate last year, but is stalled in the GOP-controlled House. So Obama decided to act on his own.
This is a very sweeping order. As CBS News noted, "The executive order . . . impacts an estimated 28 million workers, or one-fifth of the U.S. workforce."
Moreover, many federal contractors are in fact religious charities and faith-based organizations performing social services for the government. And despite pleas from religious leaders, Obama refused to include any exemptions for religious groups. Thanks to Obama, they will now be forced to accommodate transgendered and "transitioning" employees.
Just three weeks ago, the Supreme Court in its Hobby Lobby decision, made it clear that Obama had to respect the religious liberty rights guaranteed in the First Amendment. The editors of National Review Online noted that Senate Democrats included a religious exemption in their ENDA bill. But not Barack Obama, for whom transgenderism seemingly transcends religious liberty.
Christian Holocaust in Mideast
Christian Holocaust in Mideast
Christ's apostles, Thomas and Thaddeus, evangelized Iraq in the first century. In 2003, 1.5 million professing Christians lived in Iraq. The 200-300,000 who stayed and survived the war and the ISIS slaughter received an ultimatum Friday to either: 1) convert to Islam; 2) submit to Sharia law, 3) abandon their homes and leave the country; or 4) be killed.
No one doubted, given the trail of burned churches, broken bodies and severed heads (Christian and Muslim) of those across the region with whom ISIS disagreed. When ISIS invaded, American-trained Iraqi troops fled before them. Breitbart News reports that the last Christian alive in Mosul left at Noon on Saturday. Reports say Christians are being systematically robbed as they flee the region.
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) has changed its name to The Islamic State (IS), declaring itself the "Caliphate." Isis Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been declared Caliph and has ordered all Jihadi groups, everywhere, to submit to his authority. ISIS already occupies over half of Iraq and Syria and claims authority over even more.
Neither President Obama nor the State Department has drawn attention to, nor offered American help to Christians in the Middle East, who are literally under threat of an Islamist engineered Holocaust. Saeed Abedini remains in an Iranian jail, while Meriam Ibrahim and her family are still living in the American Embassy in Sudan.
(Source for this report, and the prayer below: Rev.Pierre Bynum, Chaplain & National Prayer Director, Family Research Council)
- May God arise and his enemies be scattered. May the U.S. Congress stand up for religious freedom at home and abroad, and compensate for the administration's tolerance toward Islamist extremists and indifference toward their victims, especially Christians! May American voices be heard and effective U.S. help given!
- "Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him." (Psalm 68:1)
The Good News Corner
"CELEBRATE AMERICA WASHINGTON DC"
Revival Comes to the Nation's Capital!
Dr. Rodney Howard-Browne's Three Week Crusade saw 31,076 decisions for Jesus Christ!
The following is a letter from Dr. Rodney Howard-Browne
Adonica and I thank everyone who participated with and sowed into Celebrate America. Thanks to the many who came together and answered the call to contend for another Great Spiritual Awakening, the Lord did GREAT things and showed up in a mighty way!
- Over 2 million tickets were distributed.
- Tens of thousands of Seeing Jesus As He Really Is and The Reality of Life After Death were distributed.
- 192 local churches participated with Celebrate America.
- Nightly, at DAR Constitution Hall, the altars were filled with hungry people responding to the message of Christ!
- 1390 harvesters were trained and preached the Gospel on the streets, in the congressional offices, in the nursing homes, and in the market place.
- As a result, together, we saw 31,076 decisions for Jesus Christ!
THANK YOU FOR CONTENDING WITH US FOR ANOTHER GREAT SPIRITUAL AWAKENING.
We will be returning in August for Celebrate America Campmeeting. Please, see the details here.
Contending for another Great Spiritual Awakening,
Dr. Rodney Howard-Browne
P.S. Please, check out the pictures.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
THE SOLAR SUPERSTORM OF JULY 2012:
Today is the second anniversary of a scary near-miss. On July 23, 2012, Earth narrowly evaded a powerful solar storm capable of knocking civilization back into the 19th century. The event confirms that "solar superstorms" are real, and the odds of impact may be higher than previously supposed: full story. (SpaceWeather.com)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!