Daily Brief - Wednesday, December 17, 2014
God has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night. See Conference Call information below. (Is. 62:6)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
THE CHRISTMAS COMET!
Is our Lord speaking once again in the heavens??
An Italian photographer, Rolando Ligustri, has taken fabulous photos of this comet, which you can view by going here.
"It's amazing how this comet is developing and increasing in brightness," says Ligustri. Indeed, it is brightening faster than experts predicted. Originally the comet was supposed to reach naked-eye visibility in January or February 2015. It may be crossing that threshold now.
"But the greatest of these is love."(I Corinthians 13:13)
The Daily Brief
1. Russia Steps Up Threats As White House Mulls New Sanctions - CNSNews.com
Lawmakers in both parties urged President Obama to sign legislation in support of Ukraine, but White House press secretary Josh Earnest could not say whether he would do so. Meanwhile, the ruble dropped some 10 percent against the dollar on Monday at the mere threat of tough new sanctions against Russia. (After a massive overnight rate hike by Russia's Central Bank, the ruble staged a two-hour rally Tuesday morning before rolling back to new historic lows.) "I don't have an update for you in terms of the thinking on this," Earnest told reporters on Air Force One. "I know this is something that has been the source of some discussions at the White House over the last several days."
The Senate on Saturday night gave final approval by voice vote to the Ukraine Freedom Support Act, whose targets include Russia's arms exporting agency and natural gas provider. It also authorizes - although does not require - the president to provide Ukraine with weapons to use against Russian-backed separatists fighting in the country's east. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Russia, the bully in the neighborhood, has been taunting the Ukraine. It reminds us of Sanballat constantly trying to undermine Nehemiah. Lord, as You gave wisdom to Nehemiah, we ask that You give wisdom to President Obama and President Poroshenko in how to deal with these new threats from Russia, and how we are to support the Ukraine. In His Name, Amen.
- "When Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite official heard about it, it was very displeasing to them that someone had come to seek the welfare of the sons of Israel." (Nehemiah 2:10)
2. Ruble collapse shakes Russian economy, consumers - CNSNews.com
Russian President Vladimir Putin faces a major new challenge after a catastrophic fall in the value of the ruble, which hit a new low Tuesday despite the Central Bank's desperate efforts to halt the selling. On the streets of Moscow, panicky consumers rushed out to buy home appliances before they became even more expensive.
Putin's popularity has been based on oil-driven economic growth that has helped increase incomes during his 15-year rule. The ruble's collapse, driven by a combination of slumping oil prices and Western sanctions, is denting that pillar of his power. The Kremlin has tried to shift blame for Russia's economic woes, accusing the West of inflicting economic pain on Russia in an attempt to force a regime change. The ruble hit a record low of 80 to the dollar - down a catastrophic 24 percent - before making a modest improvement to trade at 72 to the dollar by late Tuesday afternoon. The market plunge defied a whopping pre-dawn interest rate hike of 6.5 percentage points by Russia's Central Bank aimed at defending the currency.(Read more)
- Abba Father, The Russian economy and the ruble are in free fall. This article says that the ruble's collapse, driven by a combination of slumping oil prices and Western sanctions, is denting that pillar of Putin's power. It also accuses the West of inflicting economic pain in an attempt to force a regime change. Abba, we know that these economic woes have come upon Russia because of the sanctions that have been put on Russia due to its invasion of the Ukraine. Abba, we lift up the Russian people and we ask for Your mercy upon them. The situation with the Russians is already dire. We pray that Putin will see that his decisions are leading to Russia's financial collapse and that he will reconsider his ways. In His Name, Amen.
- "In all their affliction He was afflicted, And the angel of His presence saved them; In His love and in His mercy He redeemed them, And He lifted them and carried them all the days of old." (Isaiah 63:9)
3. US, Cuba seek to normalize relations after Alan Gross released - Fox News
The Obama administration is moving to normalize diplomatic relations with Cuba, after American Alan Gross was released from the communist country Wednesday following five years in prison.
Sources say President Obama plans to announce the opening of a U.S. embassy in Havana and call on Congress to lift the long-standing embargo. Senior administration officials said Obama spoke with Cuban leader Raul Castro for more than 45 minutes on Tuesday, the first substantive presidential-level discussion between the U.S. and Cuba since 1961.
Obama also plans to take several executive actions, including expanding travel and economic ties to the island. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in heaven, we ask for Your divine intervention as we receive news of this report today. We ask that only blessings would emerge from this renewed relationship with this Communist nation, and not curses. We ask that Your evangelists would now be free to sweep this island with the Good News of Jesus Christ, and that all secret deals and back-handed agendas be canceled by Your Mighty Hand. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)
4. Friends and family of Sydney hostages tell intense tale of captivity - Fox News
Family and friends of several hostages taken by gunman Man Haron Monis inside a Sydney cafe recounted on Tuesday the fear and terror the hostages experienced during the ordeal. (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to lift up those who survived this ordeal, and we ask that, at the touch of the Master's Hand, each one would begin to recover from the trauma he or she has endured, and be made whole again. And Lord, for those who have lost loved ones, we ask for Your comfort. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Comfort ye, comfort ye, My people." (Isaiah 40:1)
5. U.N. sending thousands of Muslims to America - WND
The federal government is preparing for another "surge" in refugees and this time they won't be coming illegally from Central America. The U.S. State Department announced this week that the first major contingent of Syrian refugees, 9,000 of them, have been hand-selected by the United Nations for resettlement into communities across the United States. The announcement came Tuesday on the State Department's website. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Forgive us for allowing more heathen to come to our shores who worship demons. We humbly ask that You would oversee the vetting process and that no radicals be allowed entry into the USA. We also ask You to bring Syrian Christian refugees to our shores. Lord, Muslims are using this crisis to bring their people to the USA thereby increasing their Muslim population. Lord, we humbly ask You to halt this insidious destruction of our nation. In Jesus Name, Amen.
- "Why are the [a]nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying, "Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!" He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them." (Psalm 2:1-4)
6. Texas Legalizes Christmas in Schools - EU Times
Lawmakers in Texas are reminding schools in the state that it's okay to say "Merry Christmas" and to celebrate the yule tide and Hanukah holidays without fear of repercussion.
The reiteration was made at a press conference yesterday in Austin, where state representatives Dwayne Bohac and Richard Raymond reminded citizens about the "Merry Christmas Bill" passed last year.
"We can restore fun and magic to the Christmas and Hanukkah season, we can do this together, we can all get along, and have fun doing it," said Representative Bohac, according to My Fox Austin. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up joyful praise for this wonderful response of the state of Texas, which has now openly endorsed the celebration of all holidays that fall on this month. Also, by supporting the celebration of Christmas, the State of Texas is celebrating You, Lord, and the story of Your birth. We ask that this movement will now spread quickly across our nation, in all 50 states. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you shall see it." (Psalm 37: 34)
7. French parliament prepares new end-of-life legislation - The Telegraph UK
Doctors in France will have the right to put terminally-ill patients into a deep sleep until they die, under plans unveiled on Friday that reignited a national debate on euthanasia.. . In France, a 2005 law permits "passive euthanasia", where a person causes death by withholding or withdrawing treatment that is necessary to maintain life. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this change in law in France is frightening because of what it says about the lack of value for human life. There are states within the US which already do not fund medical treatment for terminally ill patients and instead 'encourage' suicide. Here is another pattern of evilness which could spread into more and more of our states and to other nations. We rise up, bind and rebuke the spirits involved within this movement, naming the spirits of death and selfishness, indifference and greed. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Help Lord, for the godly man ceases! For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men." (Psalm 12:1)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
(Please note the DOUBLE RAINBOW in this photo. Thank You, Yahweh, for Your promise to Your people!)
1. Shin Bet, police foil 'pregnant' suicide bomber plot in Tel Aviv -Times of Israel
A Palestinian terror cell planning a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv and other attacks was thwarted over the last several months, the Shin Bet security service said Monday.
Five suspects hailing from Jenin and the village Attil in the Tulkarem area of the West Bank planned to infiltrate into Israel by acquiring a permit for the female member of their group to receive medical care in Israel.
She was then to dress as a pregnant Jewish woman and detonate an explosive belt in Tel Aviv, the Shin Bet said in a statement.
2. Armed Palestinians fire at IDF forces in West Bank, 1 assailant killed by return fire - Jerusalem Post
A Palestinian man was shot dead in a clash with soldiers in Kalandiya on Tuesday after he threw an explosive device at a unit arresting a wanted security suspect.
A Duvdevan commando unit entered Kalandiya in the morning and arrested a suspect. On its way out, the unit was attacked by Palestinians, one of whom, Mahmoud Adwan, hurled an explosive at them, the army said.
3. Palestinians to press UN statehood bid Wednesday -Times of Israel
The Palestinians will press ahead Wednesday with a UN bid to boost their hopes of statehood, despite a warning that the US will block the move, officials said.
"We will submit our project to the UN Security Council tomorrow," a senior adviser to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas told AFP late Tuesday.
Read more: Palestinians to press UN statehood bid Wednesday | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinians-to-press-un-statehood-bid-wednesday/#ixzz3M86pBFzd
4. Liberman: Israel Will Not Be Dictated to by the PA -Israel National News
Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman criticized the UN Security Council's pressure on Israel Tuesday, noting that the Palestinian Authority's (PA) demands to force Israel to withdraw from Judea and Samaria within a strict two-year timeline is part of "a political attack" on the Jewish state, fomented by the EU.
"Even the European Parliament [itself] will vote tomorrow to recognize [the PA as] a 'Palestinian state' in Luxembourg," Liberman said. "In addition, the Luxembourg Court of Justice will petition to remove Hamas from the EU's blacklist of terrorist organizations and the Geneva Conference will convene to sign the Geneva Convention - another step designed by Palestinians to condemn Israel and present it as aggressive and a violator of human rights."
"All these moves, joining other similar moves, some of which have already been made and others which will be carried out, are part of a planned organized and designed to force Israel to 'face facts,'" he continued. "This is a political attack we must deal with it in a smart and determined manner."
5. Arrow Missile-Defense System Test Failed - Israel National News
Israel's Defense Ministry announced on Tuesday that a test of the Arrow missile defense system was a success, after the short-range missile system intercepted its target smoothly. However, later reports following a comprehensive inquiry into the test revealed opposite results: the missile defense system test failed.
The project is overseen by the Ministry of Defense's Home Administration and the US Missile Defense Agency; representatives of both were at the launch.
6. Canada 'Disappointed' by Anti-Israel Conference in Geneva -Israel National News
Canada reiterated on Tuesday that it will not attend Wednesday's anti-Israel conference in Switzerland, which will deal with "respect for international humanitarian law in the Palestinian Authority's (PA) assigned territories".
In a statement, Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said, "Canada has conveyed its deep concerns and has communicated clearly that it will neither attend this conference nor lend it any credibility."
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/188744#.VJEZW5stFMs -Father God, we ask You to bless Canada for standing for Israel. We thank You that they have shown to be a true friend to Israel. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
7. Kerry says US has made 'no determinations' on Palestinian statehood bid at UN -Jerusalem Post
US Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday the United States had made "no determinations" about any possible UN Security Council resolutions to end the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that he had sought reassurances from Kerry that Washington would block separate efforts by Palestinians and Europeans to set a time frame for a Palestinian statehood.
8. US to veto Palestinian resolution 'to end occupation' -ynet news
WASHINGTON - The United States will veto a proposed Palestinian resolution "to end the occupation" at the United Nations Security Council on Wednesday. According to Palestinian sources, Secretary of State John Kerry said that America will veto the Jordanian-backed proposal at a meeting with the top Palestinian negotiator.
It was not initially clear how the US would react to the proposal by the Palestinians after a shaky few months between US and Israeli relations. However, the US ultimately decided it would oppose the resolution, a unilateral move that would force a schedule for an Israeli withdrawal from Palestinian territories
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4604469,00.html -Abba, we have two conflicting stories regarding the US' stand on this issue. We lift this matter before Your throne and ask for You to intervene. We pray for Your Will to be done, we pray for the US to stand by Israel. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Who is at war with whom?
The "president" on June 4, 2009 said in his Cairo, Egypt foreign policy speech that "I've come here to Cairo to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world, one based on mutual interest and mutual respect, and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles -- principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings." He also said that "America is not--and never will be--at war with Islam." He referred to violent extremists 9 times, but never referred to them as Islamic or Muslim. To this day, he refuses to blame Muslims or Islam.
In response to the Islamic terrorist attack by the Taliban killing over 120 school children in Pakistan, the "president" said, "The United States condemns in the strongest possible terms today's horrific attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar, Pakistan. Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims, their families, and loved ones. By targeting students and teachers in this heinous attack, terrorists have once again shown their depravity. We stand with the people of Pakistan, and reiterate the commitment of the United States to support the Government of Pakistan in its efforts to combat terrorism and extremism and to promote peace and stability in the region." Still no mention of Islam or Muslims.
He put US military power behind the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda to overthrow the Libyan government, and continued his support of these Islamic terrorist groups in overthrowing governments across Northern Africa and the Middle East, most notably Egypt. His attempt at overthrowing the Syrian government has fallen short. His efforts, however, paved the way to the rise of the Islamic State (IS), whose leadership was released from prison in Iraq and many were trained by the US in Jordan (to fight against Syria). Now the IS is moving across the Middle East, mass murdering, burning Christians alive, beheading Christian children and conducting a ruthless cleansing of all those who disagree with it.
James 1:8 says, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." The "president" lives in the land of double-mindedness. On one hand, he condemns the acts of "violent extremists," on the other he assists them in their barbaric deeds. But the one thing he is truly stable on is that America is not at war with Islam. The "president's" war is against Americans. He spies on them. He forces government upon them. He refuses to provide border security. He stirs ethnic and cultural division. He uses unconstitutional government agencies to chokehold those who disagree with him. He dilutes the value of citizenship. He imposes excessive taxes and spends even more excessively. Who is at war with whom?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
"Incredible Victory": Arkansas Voters Reject LGBT Ordinance
In an incredible victory, voters turned out in droves... to roll back a measure that would have given locals the "right" to use either gender's bathroom, shower, locker room or any other public facility of their choosing.
(Fayetteville, AR) - Arkansas voters got an early Christmas present this week, when Fayetteville put the city council on notice that it wouldn't tolerate a Houston-type ordinance. In an incredible victory, voters turned out in droves - even in an ultra-liberal college town - to roll back a measure that would have given locals the "right" to use either gender's bathroom, shower, locker room or any other public facility of their choosing.
After collecting more than 5,000 petitions, the issue was put to a public vote this week - and despite the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) sending activists and $200,000 to protect the anti-religious freedom ordinance, it was soundly rejected by 52 percent of locals. Like us, they see right through this "non-discrimination" ploy to the real goal: strong-arming and silencing men and women who hold natural views of sexuality. Under Ordinance 119, the city would have actually invented a special position dedicated to investigating complains of LGBT prejudice.
Thanks to our friends on the ground and the FRC Action and Church Ministries teams, there was a groundswell of opposition to the measure, which would have created a dangerous precedent by which Christian businessmen, wedding vendors and other Believers could have been punished simply for living out their faith. Let's hope last night's message is heard loud and clear by the forces of political correctness who are moving stealthily through city councils near you. You can fight city hall - and win!
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Volcano Erupts Destroying Cape Verde Villages
The eruption of the volcano Pico do Fogo has destroyed two villages and threatens a forest reserve. Around 1,500 people fled their homes before the lava flow reached the villages of Portela and Bangeira on Fogo Island, Cape Verde, fire brigade chief Arlindo Lima said. "The lava front, (which was) more than 500 metres north of outlying houses in Bangeira a week ago, has swept over much of the village and continues to move forward," Mr Lima added.
(Source: News Sky) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (Luke 21:25-28)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Rick Nolan (MN)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Adore Him"- Kari Jobe
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!