To read yesterday's edition of the Daily Brief,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, June 22, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, June 22, 2017
" . . . the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord As the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:9)
> > > To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
> > > Special Conference Call This Saturday with PrayerSurgeNow, at 7:30 a.m. Topic: Together Seeking God's Face for the Deliverance and Destiny of Our Nation's Capital City For details, please go here.
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Focus on Israel
1. 7,000 housing units to be approved in Jerusalem - Israel National News
The Prime Minister's Office gave a green light to the planning and building committee in Jerusalem to discuss the approval of some 7,000 housing units in neighborhoods beyond the so-called 'Green Line.'
According to the publication in Yisrael Hayom, there are about 3,500 housing units in Gilo, another about 2,200 in Har Homa, 900 in Pisgat Zeev, 500 in Ramat Shlomo and another 100 in Ramot.
Following the decision of the Prime Minister's Office, the approval of more than 7,000 of these housing units, which were not recently promoted, will be accelerated so that they may begin construction on them.
2. Report: Israeli-Arab lawmakers incite against IDF enlistment - World Israel News
Israeli-Arab Members of Knesset (MK) from the Joint Arab List political party are violating the law by encouraging and assisting an organization that incites Arab youth not to enlist in IDF service, according to a new report published by the student Zionist organization Im Tirtzu. The report focuses on Bladna, a state-recognized non-profit organization, whose activities include holding conferences, seminars and workshops dedicated to discouraging Arab youth from enlisting in the IDF or the alternative, the National Servic Much of Bladna's activities take place inside schools.
3. Turkey aims to tighten Muslim grip on Temple Mount - Israel Hayom
A century after the fall of the Ottoman Empire, Turkish foundations and organizations are making a concerted effort to enhance the country's prominence as a Muslim player in Jerusalem by funneling millions of dollars to the eastern section of the city and the Temple Mount area, Israel Hayom has learned.
A portion of the funds are provided by the Turkish government, which funds the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency, otherwise known as TIKA. The president of TIKA is Dr. Serdar Cam, a close confidante of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and formerly the head of his bureau in the Turkish parliament. Erdogan supports TIKA's activities and encourages the organization through his speeches decrying Israeli control in Jerusalem, which he sees as "an insult."
4. Christian "Awakening" to Holiness of Temple Mount Draws Islamic Fury - Breaking Israel News
Until now, the bloody battle for the Temple Mount has been fought between Muslims and Jews, but a new awakening among some Christians to its significance is creating a shifting pre-Messianic reality at the already volatile site. The developing status of Christians on the Temple Mount played out a few weeks ago in a Muslim-Christian confrontation that nearly ended in violence.
The Temple Mount showdown involved Nate Waller, Director of Operations at Hayovel, an organization which brings Christian volunteers to Israel to fulfill Biblical prophecy by working on vineyards in Samaria. As a frequent visitor to the Temple Mount, Waller's connection to the site is an increasingly important part of his belief - and he thinks other Christians should see it that way, too.
"When I first started visiting the Temple Mount, I didn't understand the holiness of the place," Waller told Breaking Israel News. "I used to walk all around the site, like all the other Christian tourists. I would go to the site of the actual Temple, something that is forbidden for Jews to do."
Through his close work with religious Jews, Waller began to understand the significance of the site.
5. Record-breaking yoga 'om-age' to 25 years of Israel-India relations - Times of Israel
Hundreds of Israelis stretched out their downward facing dogs on the world's largest yoga mat artwork in Tel Aviv's Rabin Square, in honor of the third International Yoga Day.
Held internationally on the longest day of the year, Wednesday's celebration in Israel had a special resonance, marking 25 years of Israel-India relations, and co-sponsored by the Indian Embassy in Tel Aviv.
- Abba, we cry out for forgiveness for the Israelis involved in this. Father, we ask that You open their eyes to the truth behind Yoga and that it is worship of false gods. We ask You to break the patterns of chasing false gods that goes back to their fore-fathers. Lord, we ask that You give revelation to Your children, in the name of Yeshua. Amen. We cry out: Shema Israel, Adoni Elohenu, Adonai Echad, Baruch Shem kvod, malchuto l'olam va'ed. Hear O Israel, the Lord God is One. Blessed be the name of His Glorious Kingdom forever and ever.
6. In Ramallah, Kushner and Abbas agree 'peace will take time' - Times of Israel
President Donald Trump's son-in-law and chief Middle East adviser, Jared Kushner, met with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas Wednesday night as part of a 24-hour visit to the region in an effort to advance the administration's ongoing push for peace negotiations.
The White House said in a statement that the meeting, which was also attended by Trump's peace envoy Jason Greenblatt, was "productive" and that both Abbas and Kushner "reaffirmed their commitment to advancing President Trump's goal of a genuine and lasting peace" between Israel and the Palestinians.
But hinting at challenges facing such efforts, both sides "underscored that forging peace will take time and stressed the importance of doing everything possible to create an environment conducive to peacemaking," the statement added. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You put a hook in the jaw of Jared Kushner, so that absolutely nothing will come out of his mouth in these discussions with the Palestinians that is not in Your perfect will. And as Ramadan now draws to a close, we ask that You keep him and all who are now traveling with him safe, until he comes home. In Your Name, amen.
7. Trump and new Saudi heir vow to pursue Mideast peace - Times of Israel
President Donald Trump on Wednesday spoke by telephone with the newly appointed Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia to congratulate him on his recent elevation as next in line for the Saudi throne. The phone call came after Saudi King Salman earlier appointed his 31-year-old son as crown prince, placing him firmly as first-in-line to the throne.
Trump and Salman committed to "close cooperation to advance our shared goals of security, stability, and prosperity across the Middle East and beyond," the White House said in a statement. The two men also "discussed efforts to achieve a lasting peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians," as well as prioritizing the severance of all support for terrorism. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the truly brilliant and creative ways that our new president is helping Israel to find new friends or allies in this region. Praise the Lord! Amen.
8. In first, Germany to send fighter jets to train in Israel - Israel News
Representatives of a number of foreign air forces met in recent days at the Ovda Airbase in southern Israel as part of the planning for the biennial Blue Flag exercise, which will be held in November. Almost 70 foreign planes from nine countries, along with hundreds of pilots, will take part. This is the first time such a large number of foreign planes and air forces will participate in a training exercise in Israel.
Germany, one of the participating countries, will for the first time send fighter jets to the exercise, alongside an aerial refueling plane, pilots and senior officials from its army and air force.
The Israel Air Force is aware of the historical significance of German military aircraft visiting Israel. "They are coming to Ovda to train with us and learn from us," a senior air force officer told Haaretz. "When a German combat aircraft and refueling plane arrive, it is an emotional event." (Read more)
- Father God, it is said that time heals all wounds. The wounds between these two nations go about as deep as they go, but nevertheless, a time of healing seems to be coming about now, for the blessing of both nations. We ask for continued positive and good relations to be firmly established between Israel and Germany, in Your name.
- "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Senate Republicans Unveil Their Version of Healthcare Bill; It Defunds Planned Parenthood and Seems to Add "Heart"- Breaking Christian News
A LifeNews report noted: That the final version of the legislation contains the defunding Planned Parenthood provision is a sign that McConnell believes he has enough votes to get to that magic 50 number, which will allow pro-life vice president Mike Pence to break the tie and approve the legislation.
As for what else the 142-page bill contains, it does seem to go a long way toward eliminating the worst of Obamacare, in that it ends the "individual mandate," stopping the tax penalty imposed on people who don't buy insurance, and "would repeal tax increases Obama's law imposed on higher-income people and medical industry companies to pay for expanded coverage," according to a Fox News report.
The new Senate healthcare bill protects patients with preexisting conditions, prohibiting states from opting out of those provisions. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this answer to prayer, and for the wisdom seen in the writing of this bill. We thank You, too, that Vice-President Mike Pence is ready to break a tie vote, should it occur, in order to move this bill forward to a conference committee. Amen.
- "Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!" (Psalm 47:1)
2. Tropical Depression Cindy Made Landfall Along the Gulf Coast Early Thursday Morning; Life-Threatening Flash Flooding Possible as Storm Moves Inland - The Weather Channel
Cindy has weakened to a tropical depression after making landfall as a tropical storm on the northern Gulf Coast, between Cameron, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas early Thursday morning. Potentially life-threatening flooding remains the biggest concern along the Gulf Coast and in parts of the South through Friday.
Gusty winds, rip currents and isolated tornadoes are also expected.
Moisture and energy from Tropical Depression Cindy will spread north and east ahead of a cold front Thursday into Friday, which will result in heavy rain and possible flooding from the South to as far north as the Ohio Valley. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that this storm is already weakening. We pray for safety of all life and limb in the path of Cindy, and that any flooding that results would be minimal. We ask this in Your name, amen,
- " . . . if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
3. China Leapfrogs U.S. in Critical Strategic Technology - PJ Media
The year's most important news story probably never made it into your news feed. Nonetheless it might change your life forever. For the first time, China has demonstrated that it is far ahead of the United States in a critical new technology, namely quantum communications. A Chinese satellite succeeded in transmitting so-called entangled photons to earth stations. That's the high-tech equivalent of sending a message in undeveloped photographic film: If you try to read it, the light will destroy it. The Chinese breakthrough has huge implications for cryptography, and for a host of other applications.
The tortoise just overtook the hare. We haven't woken up from a decades-long nap, and we're at serious risk of losing the race. If we do lose, there will be a name for an American who works for a Chinese: "Employed." This is not a drill. This is the real thing.
China has the world's fastest supercomputers built entirely out of Chinese components. It has the world's largest radio telescope. It has thousands of surface-to-ship missiles that can hail down on American aircraft carriers from the stratosphere, and it has ultra-quiet diesel electric submarines that can lurk on battery power for weeks. It has satellite killer missiles. China might spend barely over $1,000 to equip foot soldiers, about 1/100th of what America spends, but it has invested massively in high-tech defense. (Read more)
- Father, we trust in You to be our ultimate place of safety. Help our armed forces develop the technologies needed to keep our nation safe and secure.
- For my eyes are toward You, O God, the Lord; In You I take refuge; do not leave me defenseless. (Psalm 141:8)
4. Russia cancels diplomatic meeting in wake of US sanctions - ABC News
The Kremlin voiced displeasure Wednesday about new United States sanctions against Russia and called off much-anticipated talks with a senior U.S administration official in response. The Trump administration announced Tuesday that it had imposed sanctions on 38 Russian individuals and firms over Russian activities in Ukraine. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the penalties were designed to "maintain pressure on Russia to work toward a diplomatic solution."
President Vladimir Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said Wednesday that the U.S. move wasn't constructive and warned of possible retaliation. Later in the day, Russia's deputy foreign minister said he had cancelled talks that were scheduled for Friday with the U.S. undersecretary of state. "The situation is not conducive to holding a round of this dialogue", the Russian Foreign Ministry quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying.
In Washington, State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the sanctions that were expanded on Tuesday "didn't come out of nowhere" and would remain in place until Russia honors the peace deal for eastern Ukraine and stops occupying Crimea. (Read more)
- Father, we know Russia will never give up Crimea, so this posture from the State Department essentially ends diplomatic relations. We pray for wisdom as we seek solutions in Syria, Iran, and North Korea - knowing Russia will need to be involved in the negotiations.
- Many have become my enemies without cause; those who hate me without reason are numerous. (Psalm 38:19)
5. Russell Moore, Ravi Zacharias, 100 Christian Leaders Sign Criminal Justice Declaration - Christian Post
Leading Southern Baptist ethicist Russell Moore, apologist Ravi Zacharias and nearly 100 other Christian leaders have signed onto a declaration that calls for restorative criminal justice reform in the United States and urges Christians to unite in opposition to the nation's "misguided response to crime."
Organized by Prison Fellowship, the Colson Center for Christian Worldview, the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission and the National Association of Evangelicals, Christian leaders gathered at the National Press Club Tuesday to sign the "Justice Declaration."
"Our country's over reliance on incarceration fails to make us safer or restore people and communities who have been harmed," Ackerman continued. "The Justice Declaration represents a framework grounded in biblical values to guide the church's response to this crisis. It has already been signed by approximately 100 Christian leaders from across the country. ... Today, we invite Christians of any denomination or background to add their names at JusticeDeclaration.org." (Read more)
- Father, we pray for momentum behind this declaration and for the prescribed changes to be implemented by our legislatures and criminal justice system. Help us have the courage to do the restorative work these convicted people need.
-You can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins. (James 5:20)
6. Nonprofit Tracker Smears Dozens of Conservative Organizations as 'Hate Groups' - Daily Signal
The nation's leading source of information on U.S. charities faces mounting criticism for using a controversial "hate group" designation in listings for some well-known and broadly supported conservative nonprofits. GuideStar, which calls itself a "neutral" aggregator of tax data on charities, recently incorporated "hate group" labels produced by the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center.
The decision by the tracker of nonprofits prompted 41 conservative leaders to protest the move in a letter provided exclusively to The Daily Signal. The letter, dated June 21, asks the website to drop the "hate group" labels put on 46 organizations. GuideStar's use of the "hate group" designation for certain organizations, many of them Christian, unfairly and inaccurately adopts the "aggressive political agenda" of Southern Poverty Law Center, the leaders write. (Read more)
- Father, we pray GuideStar will publicly apologize, correct their documentation, and restore the reputations of the targeted conservative organizations. We also pray the Southern Poverty Law Center will be exposed for its malicious slander.
- But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
(1 Peter 3:15-16)
7. Soros-Backed Foreign Media Outlet Bashes Conservatives Using US Taxpayer Dollars - CNS News
For additional proof that the State Department has no business teaming up overseas with the vast network funded by the billionaire George Soros, look no further than the portentously named Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP). The OCCRP calls itself "an investigative reporting platform formed by 24 non-profit investigative centers --- spread across Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America."
It is, however, almost fully funded by Soros, a financier with a penchant for subsidizing radical causes around the world-with assistance from our own State Department. And now, this group bearing the imprimatur of the U.S. government-literally, on its website-is being used to target Republicans in Congress and conservative think tanks like The Heritage Foundation who have dared to question the nexus between Soros and the U.S. government. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for continuing to expose the deception of the left. We pray the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project would stop receiving taxpayer dollars to continue its targeting of Republicans and conservative think tanks.
- No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause. (Psalm 25:3)
8. Judge acts quickly on claim Comey obstructed justice - WND
A federal judge in Washington, D.C., has acted quickly in a case alleging fired FBI chief James Comey obstructed justice by burying an investigation into the mass surveillance of Americans by their government. As WND reported, whistleblower Dennis Montgomery - who worked as a contractor for the National Security Agency, the Central Intelligence Agency and the director of national intelligence - and his lawyer, Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, filed a request for a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction late Monday. By late Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Richard Leon scheduled a status conference for Friday afternoon in his Washington courtroom.
What Montgomery and Klayman seek from the court is a protection order preventing the destruction of evidence. They are asking the court to prevent the defendants, including Comey, the FBI and other federal officials mostly under the Obama administration, from continuing "illegally and unconstitutionally spying on and surveilling millions of Americans, including plaintiffs, without probable cause or a warrant." Secondly, they are asking the court to prevent the defendants from "destroying evidence of illegal and unconstitutional spying" that Montgomery turned over the Comey based on the promise it was going to be investigated. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for exposure and justice for James Comey and all Obama Administration officials in the way they used their power and authority to unconstitutionally violate the rights of citizens of the United States.
- Fools base their thoughts on foolish assumptions, so their conclusions will be wicked madness; they chatter on and on. (Ecclesiastes 10:13-14a)
9. McCarthy: House Aims to Fundamentally Transform Foster Care - Lifesette
Every child deserves a loving family. In families people find support, purpose, and identity. The family is at once the best means to becoming a responsible and happy person, and the only means by which a community can sustain itself because families teach children how to be good citizens and neighbors.
For children without families, the future becomes much more trying. Those in the foster system face much stiffer challenges than their peers, experiencing higher rates of teen pregnancy, homelessness, and lower graduation rates. So when it comes to public policy, we should strive to ensure every child has the love and support of a family to help them become good and successful adults.
The House is considering five bills this week to do just that by helping families stay together and making needed improvements to our foster care system. (Read more)
- Father, we pray these reforms will restore families and stabilize the lives of children. Help Representative McCarthy move these worthy bills through Congress with bipartisan support.
- Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. (Isaiah 1:17)
10. BREAKING! 238 arrested in sweep of suspected child sex predators - LA Times
A monk from Riverside and an Australian man looking to buy a 6-year-old boy were among 238 people arrested during a two-month operation targeting child predators in Southern California, officials said Monday. Conducted by the Los Angeles Regional Internet Crimes against Children task force, "Operation Broken Heart III" targeted offenders wanted for the sexual exploitation of children, child prostitution, sex tourism and possessing and distributing child pornography, said Deputy Chief Matt Blake of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Among those arrested during sweeps in April and May were entertainers, community leaders, white-collar professionals and clergy members, said John Reynolds, acting special agent in charge for U.S. Department of Homeland Security Investigations. "The incidence of child sexual exploitation has reached staggering proportions," he said at a news conference. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for helping our law enforcement remove these wicked people from our communities. We pray for a restoration of healthy sexuality, and honor for traditional marriage to counter these abhorrent desires.
- But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. (1 Corinthians 7:2)
11. Independent investigators: Seth Rich 'likely' murdered by contract hitman - WND
DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was brutally murdered on July 10, 2016, on a street near his Washington home - sparking discussion that he might have been the source of party insider emails turned over to WikiLeaks during the 2016 presidential race - probably wasn't the victim of a random homicide. Or a robbery gone bad. Rather, his murder "more likely (was) committed by a hired killer or serial murderer."
Those are the conclusions of the Profiling Project, which released the results of a months-long investigation into Rich's death on Tuesday. The project, an "all-volunteer group of current and former George Washington University forensic psychology graduate students and instructors," said it came together for the investigation to "aid the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police utilizing forensic psychology skills and tools in hopes of providing at least one actionable item." (Read more)
- Father, we pray the truth about Seth Rich's murder and the following investigation will be fully revealed.
- The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, (Romans 1:18)
12. Mark 'X' for Transgender: Licenses Become 'Inclusive' in Washington, D.C. - CBN News
Washington, D.C. will soon offer gender-neutral licenses and IDs. Instead of only offering an 'M' for male and 'F' for female on licenses, there will be an 'X' option for those who identify as transgender.
"The 'X' gender marker allows for individuals to have more privacy around their gender," explained Arli Christian, a spokesperson for the National Center for Transgender Equality. "Any individual who chooses to have additional privacy can request an 'X'," she added.
Washington, D.C. is the second jurisdiction in the country to approve such a measure. A plan for gender-neutral licenses will be approved in Oregon on July 3. The California Senate approved a bill adding a non-binary option on licenses. House members there are examining the measure. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for an end to LGBT+ accommodation. Help these people embrace Your plan for them, male or female, honoring You as their Creator.
- Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart. (Psalm 119:34)
13. Court affirms state's plan to protect religious freedom - WND
A federal appeals court on Thursday upheld a Mississippi law that protects the religious freedom of those who believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman, and that gender is determined at birth.
The 5th U.S. Circuit Court not only reversed an injunction imposed by a lower court - preventing the implementation of the Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act - it went further and simply dismissed the case.
The ruling found that the individuals and homosexual advocacy organizations who challenged the law didn't have standing to bring their claims. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this glorious news . . . a wonderful way to end our own week of intercession. We ask that all other Appeals Courts would follow suit with this ruling, when traditional marriage cases are brought before them in the other states in our nation. Amen.
- Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! (Psalm 150:6)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, June 22, 2017
The self destructive nature of evil
As a strategic political media consultant for over 16 years, there were countless evils done against my conservative Christian candidates. The news media being liberal and slanting the news or writing fake news against someone who doesn't share their same beliefs was not invented in the last election cycle. Lies by Democratic Party candidates, lies by the media, dirty tricks, vote stealing, I have experienced it all first-hand. We were fortunate to win most of the races of those who hired us. One thing that I learned over those years: evil eventually self-destructs. It makes strategic mistakes that cost it's minions elections, loses empires, and if we read the prophets and Revelation, evil loses in the end.
Romans 12:21 says, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Ephesians 6:11 says, "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Further explaining in verse 12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6 goes on to instruct us to put on each piece of the armor that we may stand, pray with all perseverance, and finally to speak boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel. This is our strategic game plan to overcome the evil of those godless communists and anarchists who wish to tear down our nation.
Since losing their fourth special election-all of which were conducted with vulgar, hate-filled, and accusatory rhetoric, replete with lies and fake news-Hollywood radicals are beginning to turn on their political arm, the Democratic Party. Moreover, the visceral language is continuing from the most radical. I am hearing that mainstream Democrats are starting to turn-off to this narrative. While they are died in the wool Democrats and will vote for any stooge the party puts up, they may just stay home because they don't want to be associated with the hate. We may be reaching a point where the lack of civility will have a rebounding effect and increase the negatives against those running on the "resistance" ticket.
This is the basis for my encouraging you to engage with people, especially those you know who may not agree with you. Gently query from a position of fairness when they make a statement, by asking open-ended questions beginning with "Do you think..." In your dialogue, promote civility as the better path. Show others the Christ in you through your kind way of expressing that the current narrative does nothing to solve any problem, except to bully and demean others. Lead them to reasonable conclusions by appealing to their sense of fairness and decency. We have an opportunity to overcome evil and counter this coup because decent people are beginning to reject the violent dialogue.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Get Ready: Canada National Day of Repentance
If we humble ourselves, and pray, and seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways, He will hear from heaven, forgive sin, and heal our land.
On Saturday July 1, 2017 a National Day of Repentance (a "grassroots" sacred assembly) will be held focusing on Canada. We are calling His people to take at least thirty minutes that day, individually or in groups, in homes or in churches, to pray, to fast, to confess our sins and the sins of our nation. We all need to sincerely take action to repent.
While prayer is vital, more than prayer is needed. Repentance is needed. There can be no revival without repentance. The Lord is looking for believers not just to feel sorry for the ways that the world and the flesh have infiltrated our lives and our nation, He's looking for each of us sincerely to act on this deep sorrow by a real turning in our thinking and conduct, a true repentance.
(Read more here.)
> > > Even as the nation of Canada prepares for its day of repentance on Saturday, July 1st, we, too, are preparing for a Day of Repentance in our nation, in alignment with the Call2Fall on Sunday, July 2nd.
> > > To learn how YOU can support a National Day of Repentance in America, please go here.
> > > To learn how to participate in FRC's annual Call2Fall, go here.
Prayers During Ramadan
Prayers During Ramadan: Part One
This year, Ramadan will continue until Sunday, June 25th.
A website titled "30 DAYS OF PRAYER" is now posted, with specific prayers offered each day for the Moslem people. When you visit this site, you will also see posted prayers offered on previous days if you need to "catch up" in this vital time of intercession for those who are being held captive by Islam.
To visit this website, go to:
or go here.
Prayers During Ramadan: Part Two
Another resource is also available now for targeted prayers for the Moslem population.
There is much valuable information here, too, so please do visit this site when you can this month. Thank you!
Ramadan Prayer Series - Focuses on Islam in the West
For the sixth year, Best Current News is publishing their thirty days of prayer for Ramadan series. Realizing that 65% of American Christians believe there are multiple paths to eternal life, this year's series has focused primarily on the differences between Christianity and Islam. Each day during Ramadan, the website publishes an infographic or short article about differing aspects of Islam, how it differs from Christianity, and its impact on the West. To view or receive the articles daily, go to http://www.bestcurrentnews.com/. You may also sign up to receive them in your email inbox. They are also on Facebook and Twitter under Best Current News.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
SOFTLY AND TENDERLY JESUS IS CALLING
"He's calling you!" (Mark 10:49)
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling, Calling for you and for me; See, on the portals He's waiting and watching, Watching for you and for me.
Come home, come home, You who are weary, come home; Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, Calling, O sinner, come home!
Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading, Pleading for you and for me? Why should we linger and heed not His mercies, Mercies for you and for me?
Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing, Passing from you and from me; Shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming, Coming for you and for me.
O for the wonderful love He has promised, Promised for you and for me! Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon, Pardon for you and for me.
Please go here.
By Amy Grant
[We dedicate this hymn to two very good friends, whose memorial services will be held this Saturday: Joyce Cunningham in Carlinville, Illinois; and Janice Crutchfield, in Charlottesville, Virginia. We also remember the daughter of Patricia Martin, who was laid to rest today in Lynchburg, Virigina.]
About the Author:
Will L. Thompson, 1880
Music: J. Calvin Bushey, 1880
This hymn was sung in the Academy Award winning movie Trip to Bountiful (1985), and at a memorial service for American civil rights leader Martin Luther King, at the Ebenezer Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia, April 8, 1968.
About the hymn:
When the world-renowned lay preacher, Dwight Lyman Moody, lay on his death bed in his Northfield, Massachusetts, home, Will Thompson made a special visit to inquire as to his condition. The attending physician refused to admit him to the sickroom, and Moody heard them talking just outside the bedroom door. Recognizing Thompson's voice, he called for him to come to his bedside. Taking the Ohio poet-composer by the hand, the dying evangelist said, "Will, I would rather have written "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling" than anything I have been able to do in my whole life."
Signs and Wonders:
1. Killer whales are tormenting Alaskan fishermen - Fox News
They're like pirates of sorts, but very, very large ones. Alaskan fishermen say they're increasingly missing out on scores of fish they rely on to make a living because killer whales are making off with their catch.
A few years ago, orca sightings in the Bering Sea were rare, fishermen tell the Alaska Dispatch News. Now the whales are appearing in large numbers to clear fishermen's hooks and lines of cod and halibut.
"It's gotten completely out of control," says Jay Hebert, who's spent four decades fishing in the Bering Sea. Not only are the whales undeterred by sonar meant to keep them away, Hebert says, but more whales are appearing with increased aggression. (Read more)
2. Huge seal battles octopus in incredible fight to the death - Fox News
A kayaking guide and a group of tourists witnessed an incredible life-and-death fight between a massive fur seal and a massive octopus in New Zealand earlier this week.
The epic confrontation took place at South Bay, on New Zealand's South Island on June 20, the New Zealand Herald reports.
Conner Stapley, a guide with Kaikoura Kayaks, saw thrashing on the surface of the water and soon realized that the large male seal was attacking the octopus. Stapley and the three tourists he was accompanying got front row seats to the gruesome battle, which was won by the hungry seal. (Read more)
The Good News Corner
Inexplicable Summer Solstice Rain Hits Israel in Driest Season
[Breaking Israel News] Israelis got an unseasonable reminder of God's ability to do the improbable when, on Wednesday, the official first day of summer, scattered rain fell from the north, down the coast, and even in the normally arid northern Negev. The unexpected wetness only lasted a few hours, disappearing before anyone could think to unpack their umbrella.
Meteorologist assured everyone that the precipitation was an anomaly and that dry heat was on the ticket for the rest of the summer.
The rainy season usually begins in Israel around October and may linger until March. Jewish prayer mirrors the season in Israel and the prayers for rain begin on Shemini Atzeret, the last day of the holiday of Sukkot. Rain can be expected until April, so today's rain was entirely unexpected. . .
Lydia Shaw - Bethel Music - "To Worship You I Live"
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]