CHPP Daily Brief - Monday, March 10, 2014
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, March 10, 2014
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love."
(I Corinthians 16: 13,14)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Did FOUR people board missing Malaysia flight using stolen passports?
- Daily Mail UK
Interpol probes criminal gang behind thefts as part of plane debris is found
Debris from the missing Boeing 777 flight is believed to have been found off Vietnam as Interpol investigates whether up to four passengers boarded the plane using stolen passports. A Vietnamese search team has found what they believe is part of a door and an airplane's tail in the first major breakthrough in the hunt for missing aircraft. The suspected fragments have been located around 50 miles from south-west of Tho Chu Island, the Wall Street Journal reported. It comes as Interpol criticised Thailand's lax airport security after it emerged at least two passengers boarded the Malaysia Airlines flight MH307 with stolen passports - giving rise to the possibility that the missing 239 passengers are victims of a terrorist attack. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to comfort the families and loved ones of all on this flight and to be in the midst of this investigation, confronting all involved in the investigations so that the full truth is exposed We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)
2. Putin mocks the West and threatens to turn off gas supplies - Telegraph.co.uk
Vladimir Putin has mocked diplomatic efforts to end the Ukraine crisis as Russia threatened to disrupt European gas supplies by cutting off sales to Kiev over its unpaid debts. The Russian president said through his official spokesman that, despite deep disagreements with the West, he did not want a confrontation over Ukraine to spiral into a "new cold war." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, there appears to be so many layers to what is occurring in this Ukraine Crimean situation. There are the nationalist divisions of people within the region, the desire for control of gas supplies for many nations, plus access to the Black Sea as a port for Russia. We ask You to abide in the midst of all of this turmoil and to protect Your special people and Your remnant people. We ask if this is not Your timing, for this confrontation to be tempered and stopped, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately." (Luke 21: 9)
3. Central European nations appeal to Congress for faster exports of US natural gas - Fox News
Central European nations are now appealing to Capitol Hill leaders to get the United States to increase its natural gas exports should Russia cut off its supply to Ukraine, amid the political turmoil in that country.
Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic sent a letter Friday to House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio. And a similar letter is expected to be sent to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this Ukrainean crisis leaves many nations within the EU in jeopardy for their future supply of natural gas for heating and cooking. May their appeal for other sources of gas be heard by the members of the US congress and quickly acted upon, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)
4. Soros Heavily Invested in Ukraine Crisis - WND
Billionaire activist wants EU intervention
Billionaire George Soros is heavily invested in Ukrainian activism, establishing a center in Kiev that donates large sums of money to the country's nongovernmental organizations while advocating closer ties to the European Union. Last week, Soros weighed in on the Ukraine crisis, recommending EU intervention to help save Ukrainian financial markets. Soros' IRF, headquartered in Kiev, not only supports numerous non-governmental organizations, it holds regular seminars and training sessions for local groups regarding such topics as "open borders" and the transformation of the region via the European Union. "But that will not be sufficient to sustain the national unity that Ukraine will need in the coming years. Ukraine will need outside assistance that only the EU can provide: management expertise and access to markets." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask You to rise up and cast down all plots and schemes that would use the nation of Ukraine for their own manipulative, greedy purposes. We ask this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not envy the oppressor, and choose none of his ways; for the perverse person is an abomination to the Lord, but His secret counsel is with the upright."
5. Ukraine crisis: What's the point of US military activity near Russia? - Christian Science Monitor
If stepped-up US military activity with NATO partners such as Poland and Lithuania seems like a paltry response to Russia's military occupation of Ukraine's Crimea province, there's a reason for that. The modest US show of force - a handful of jet fighters in Eastern European skies and a single warship to the Black Sea - is intended more to calm the nerves of former Soviet republics and satellites nervous about Moscow's actions in Ukraine, regional experts say, than it is designed to send Russia into retreat with its tail between its legs. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this article implies that the US does not want a confrontation with Russia but at the same time does want to assure other nations near the Crimea that the US does understand their concern over Russia's actions. As this headline states, what is the purpose of US military being sent there, Father? We ask that hidden purposes be exposed for the world to see and understand, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect." (Psalm 33: 10)
6. U.S.: No Need for PA to Recognize Israel - Israel National News
The United States believes there is no need for the Palestinian Authority (PA) to recognize Israel as a Jewish state as part of a peace agreement, State Department Spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Saturday. Psaki, who spoke to the PA-based Arabic-language Al-Quds newspaper, said, "The American position is clear, Israel is a Jewish state. However, we do not see a need that both sides recognize this position as part of the final agreement."
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has been adamant on the PA recognizing Israel as a Jewish state, explaining that the Arabs' refusal to recognize Israel stands at the heart of the conflict. (Read more)
- We stand in repentance for this dangerous policy statement, and we stand in the gap for our nation. We ask our Lord to forgive our own leaders' stubbornness against the sovereignty of the nation of Israel, for they know not what they do. In Jesus Name, amen and amen.
- "Redeem Israel, O God, out of all their troubles!" (Psalm 25: 22)
7. Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians - Washington Times
North Korea tyrant Kim Jong-un has reportedly ordered that 33 Christians believed to be working alongside South Korean Baptist missionary Kim Jung-wook be put to death.
The South Korean missionary - who was arrested last year - and his accomplices have reportedly started 500 or so underground churches, Breitbart reported. (Read more)
- As of this writing, we do not know the fate of these missionaries, whether they be alive or alive in Christ. [This article was published on March 6.] However, we do know the Word of God, and we hold that Word now, confronting Kim Jong-un with this truth. Amen.
- It is written: "Let the groaning of the prisoner come before You; According to the greatness of Your power preserve those who are doomed to die." (Psalm 79:11)
8. The Hill: Paul clinches straw poll gold - The Hill
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has won the Conservative Political Action Conference's straw poll for the second year in a row. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that those who drive the engines of politics in our nation would be awakened to see that the people of America have not lost track of their senses, but that we still respect the rule of law under the Constitution and we demand leadership that will do the same. We ask for a major shift in the choices on the ballot boxes in this year's congressional elections: a shift that reflects the values we all hold dear. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor are there words; their voice is not heard." (Psalms 19:1-3)
1. Abbas: I will not recognize Israel as Jewish state - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said that the Palestinians will not recognize Israel as a Jewish state at a meeting with students in Ramallah, Israel Radio reported on Friday. There is "no way" that he will agree to recognition, Abbas was quoted as saying by Palestinian news agency WAFA. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we wonder why the world's leaders hear this statement and realize that any 'peace' negotiations will never be reached? This is a total negation of the key element required by Israel for any peace agreement to come together. Have mercy, Father, and confront all these leaders to hear and accept what is being stated by the Palestinian side, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride, but the lips of the wise will preserve them." (Proverbs 14: 3)
2. Netanyahu says any peace deal with Palestinians at least a year away - Ynet News
Israeli Prime Benjamin Netanyahu said any peace deal with the Palestinians would take at least another year to negotiate. "I think (the Kerry document) . . . is a possible path toward moving the talks forward. It will take us at least a year to exhaust these negotiations but I can't say that the Palestinians will accept this document, and I also have not seen it yet," he said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, these talks will now continue for at least a year more. The major condition given by Israel is that the Palestinians must acknowledge that Israel is a Jewish state with its own sovereignty. Father, You know the hearts of mankind and You know the future of these talks. We thank You for abiding with Your nation Israel and her people throughout this entire process, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause." (Psalm 25: 3)
3. Ship with Iran missile cargo escorted into Eilat port - Times of Israel
The Klos-C and its Israeli Navy escort entered the port of Eilat Saturday afternoon after a voyage of three-and-a-half days following Israel's interception of the ship off the coast of Sudan early Wednesday. (Read more)
- Abba Father, may the world clearly see how this ship had Iranian missiles being shipped to terrorists to be used by them against Israel, so that there will be no questions left as to why the Israeli navy had to stop this ship. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is favor." (Proverbs 14: 9)
4. Saudi Arabia declares Muslim Brotherhood 'terrorist group' - BBC
Saudi Arabia has formally designated the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization. An interior ministry statement also classified two jihadist groups fighting with the Syrian rebels - the Nusra Front and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant - as terrorist groups. The statement gave Saudis fighting in Syria 15 days to return. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You for this news. We ask that this action by the Saudi government will serve as a wake-up call to our own government. We ask that the many officials in our government who are now affiliated with the Moslem Brotherhood be exposed and expelled from government service. May the U.S., too, identify the Moslem Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "As righteousness leads to life, so he who pursues evil pursues it to his own death." (Proverbs 11:19)
U.S. Plays With Fire In Ukraine
U.S. Plays With Fire In Ukraine,
Russia Sends Ominous Warnings
Following last week's relatively non-violent surge of Russian forces onto the Crimean peninsula, former Soviet-bloc Baltic nations including Poland, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania are understandably nervous and have been stepping up defensive measures, including movement of tanks and personnel into border positions, as well as seeking additional assistance from other NATO members.
On Wednesday of this week Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel announced that the U.S. was increasing fighter jet & surveillance patrols of airspace over these countries. On Thursday, the Pentagon announced that an initial group of 12 U.S. fighters had deployed to the region.
A request was made by the Ukrainian government for international assistance in securing and protecting the nation's nuclear power plants. In a letter presented to the Director of the IAEA, the situation was spelled out pretty clear: Russia's use of armed forces on Ukrainian territory amounts to a grave threat with potential consequences for its nuclear power infrastructure.
The Ukraine has 15 power reactors in operation at four sites across the country. Ukraine is also home to Chernobyl, which is located less than 70 miles North of Kiev.
While the mainstream media and U.S. government spokesman are portraying Russia's actions as expansionist and an unwarranted invasion of a sovereign nation, this is a simplistic explanation and provides little in terms the actual truth behind Russia's actions.
. . . Readers are reminded that Russian President Putin, Prime Minister Medvedev and the Chief of the Russian General Staff Gen. Nikolai Makarov, have on multiple occasions in the last 3 years made explicitly clear that Russia would use nuclear weapons, including in a preemptive capacity, if there is a threat to the integrity of the Russian Federation. These scenarios include conventional attacks on Russia or it's strategic partners, placement of missile shield installations in former Soviet-bloc countries and more.
Read the rest of this important article by clicking HERE.
Obamacare and the Uninsured
Uninsured Uninterested In Obamacare
Expanding coverage to uninsured Americans was the primary reason Obamacare had to be passed, or so we were told. But two recent surveys indicate that the uninsured are not rushing to sign up for Obamacare.
According to the Washington Post, "just one in 10 uninsured people who qualify for private health plans through the new marketplace have signed up for one."
But the numbers are worse than that. The Post reports that nearly half of the previously uninsured Obamacare enrollees failed to pay their premiums. Perhaps they assumed it was free. (Gary Bauer)
Obama's Defense Cuts
America Rejects Obama's Defense Cuts
As Obama looks for ways to pay for the massive spending in his latest $4 trillion budget, he is taking a meat cleaver to the Pentagon. Obama wants to slash the size of the Army to its lowest levels since before World War II.
Democrats hailed Obama's budget. But the American people aren't very keen on the idea of gutting our defenses. The latest Fox News poll finds that only 36% of voters support the troop cuts, while 59% oppose them. Add this to the growing number of issues where Democrats and Obama are out of step with average Americans.
I am sure the decision to so drastically cut the defense budget was an easy one to make inside the Obama White House, where it seems there is no one who understands the dangers we face. But the factory worker in Michigan, the cab driver in New Jersey, the farmer in Indiana seem to have a greater understanding.
Conservatives running for Congress should make it clear to the voters that they will go to Washington to demand accountability from government, cut waste in the budget and ensure that our military is maintained at levels sufficient to guarantee the security of the American people. (Gary Bauer)
Netanyahu Stands up to Obama
Netanyahu Stands up to Obama
Last week, after private talks at the White House that lasted nearly three hours between U.S. President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, one of the main messages the United States is sending to Israel is that now is the time to make tough decisions when it comes to peace.
As the deadline for completing the framework peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians fast approaches, Obama stated that he still believes a two state solution is possible.
"It is still possible to create two states, a Jewish state of Israel and a state of Palestine, which people living side by side in peace and security," Obama said. "But it's difficult. It requires compromise on all sides."
Obama praised Netanyahu for taking part in "very lengthy, painstaking negotiations." Over the last eight months, U.S. brokered negotiations have hit some highs and lows. Obama urged Netanyahu to put Israel's differences aside when it comes to the Palestinians.
"The time frame that we have set up for completing these negotiations is coming near and some tough decision are going to have to be made," Obama stated. "But I know that, regardless of the outcome, the prime minister will make those decisions based on his absolute commitment to Israel's security and his recognition that ultimately Israel's security will be enhanced by peace with his neighbors."
Netanyahu did not mince words when it came to responding to Obama, especially after an explosive interview with Bloomberg in which Obama threatened Israel with international isolation.
Netanyahu stated that Israel was doing as much as it could to pursue peace, but the job is made more difficult with a partner that refuses to negotiate and responds with "incessant violence."
"Twenty years of peace process were marked by many Israeli steps for peace, but we got suicide bombers and rockets in return," the prime minister explained. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Psalm 118:5-6)
[ Reported by: Hebrew Nation News ]
Russia Threatens To Abandon Dollar
Russia Threatens To Abandon The U.S. Dollar;
Start Dumping U.S. Debt
The Obama administration and the hotheads in Congress are threatening to hit Russia with "economic sanctions" for moving troops into Crimea. Yes, those sanctions would sting a little bit, but what our politicians should be made aware of is the fact that Russian officials are promising "to respond" if economic sanctions are imposed on them. As you will read about below, one top Kremlin adviser is even suggesting that Russia could abandon the U.S. dollar and start dumping U.S. debt.
In addition, he is also suggesting that if sanctions are imposed that Russian companies would not repay the debts that they owe U.S. banks. Needless to say, Russia could do far more economic damage to the United States than the United States could do to Russia. The U.S. financial system relies on the fact that the rest of the planet is going to use our currency to trade with one another and lend gigantic piles of it back to us at super low interest rates. If the rest of the world starts changing their behavior, we are going to be in a massive amount of trouble. Those that believe that the United States is "economically independent" are being quite delusional.
In order for U.S. economic sanctions against Russia to be effective, Europe would also have to get on board. But that simply is not going to happen.
As I noted yesterday, Russia is the largest exporter of natural gas on the planet. And Russia is also Europe's largest supplier of energy.
There is no way that Europe could risk having Russia cut off the gas, especially considering the economic condition that Europe is currently in. (Investment Watch) Read more here.
[Reported by: Hebrew Nation News]
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Praise Report from Ukraine!
Ukraine's Acting President Grants First International Interview Exclusively to Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
"I see God's hand in every little detail that took place as unarmed people went out to defend their freedom and the independence of their country against a fully armed professional army, many times bigger in size. Their faith was victorious. God granted them victory."
(Kiev, Ukraine)-Viktor Hamm, the Vice President of Crusades for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), traveled to Ukraine this week, to meet with interim President Oleksandr Turchynov, a devout Evangelical Christian. Hamm himself has "deep ties" to the country, as he was reportedly born in a Soviet labor camp, and has since led 15 crusades there with the BGEA.
Although acting President Turchynov has refused other interviews with mainstream media, he granted a request from Hamm, for an interview that is slated to appear in April's edition of the BGEA magazine, "Decision."
Turchynov reportedly spoke opening about the way he sees God moving among the recent events in Ukraine, and that the victorious overthrow of former president Viktor Yanukovych, all seemed to demonstrate "the greatness of God."
"Truth was on the side of those who stood for their rights, and (chose not to) be slaves, without rights and without voice," said President Turchynov.
Some of the miraculous ways that God seemed to help were described in the report on BillyGraham.org:
Turchynov said only God could have delivered those who refused to be oppressed any longer. The acting president noted how, during the war-like events that took place during the confrontations at Maidan (the city square), huge clouds of smoke would drift toward the Berkut riot police and away from protestors, obstructing the view of the perpetrators. Turchynov said there was also a time when a grenade was thrown near him, but that only one fragment hit him on the cheek, causing no lasting injury.
"I see God's hand in every little detail that took place as unarmed people went out to defend their freedom and the independence of their country against a fully armed professional army, many times bigger in size," Turchynov said. "Their faith was victorious. God granted them victory."
Turchynov noted the next challenge to his people was interference from Russia, and he asked for Believers to pray.
". . . pray for us so that peace would return and people would be able to live peacefully," said Turchynov.
He added, "If God is with us, no one can be against us." (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
> > > We do hear the heartcry of our brother in Ukraine and we pray for God's mercy and His peace upon these people. In Jesus' name, amen.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Small Asteroid Gives Earth a Close Shave
3rd in 2 Days
The 25-foot-wide (8 meters) asteroid 2014 EC came within 38,300 miles (61,600 kilometers) of our planet at 4:21 p.m. ET (2121 GMT) today, NASA officials said. For comparison, the moon orbits Earth at an average distance of 239,000 miles (385,000 km). (Space.com) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Healing Rain" by Michael W. Smith
"Lift your heads, let us return
To the Mercy Seat where time began . . . "
Worship Him here . . .