CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Friday, April 24, 2015
Tomorrow! March for Marriage
For details, go here.
AND: for those who cannot come to Washington,
you may view the March for Marriage online
by going here.
Next week: National Day of Repentance,
Thursday, April 30th. Details here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, April 24, 2015
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zephaniah 3:17)
Join CHPP and representatives of many other ministries as we read the Word of God across the nation for 30 hours. We begin at 6:00 p.m. Monday evening and read "straight through" until midnight on Tuesday, April 28th.
Come join us as, together, we "wrap the nation" in the love of God, coast to coast, by calling 559-726-1300; Access code: 290787#
Also, next Tuesday, April 28th, we will stand down from publishing the Daily Brief, that we might devote ourselves to a day of prayer and fasting for our nation, and to the reading of His Word. Amen.
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zephaniah 3:17)
The Daily Brief
1. US Senate Confirms Lynch as Attorney General - VOA
After more than five months of delays, the U.S. Senate has confirmed Loretta Lynch as America's 83rd attorney general - the first female African American to hold the post. Lynch, 55, becomes the nation's top law enforcement official at a time of continued terrorist threats, concerns about government data-collection, and strife between local police departments and minority communities. President Barack Obama nominated federal prosecutor Lynch last November, before Senate control. (Read more)
- Abba, You are our Source of all wisdom and knowledge, and You see the end from the beginning. We praise You that our times are in Your Hands, and You direct the incidents and people in our lives. We ask that You be Advisor to Attorney General Lynch, and instill in her, a holy "fear of the Lord". May she come to know You personally, and follow You all the days of her life. We ask that You give her Your wisdom, and Your love for Your people. We ask that good and blessing will befall this nation during her "reign" as Attorney General, we pray. Amen.
"Being respected is more important than having great riches. To be well thought of is better than silver or gold. The rich and the poor are alike in that the Lord made them all.The wise see danger ahead and avoid it, but fools keep going and get into trouble." (Proverbs 22:1-3)
2. US Senate to Debate Iran Nuclear Bill - VOA
The U.S. Senate is to begin debate next week on bipartisan legislation subjecting any final nuclear accord with Iran to congressional review and a potential vote approving or rejecting the deal. "We look forward to a vigorous debate next week," said Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
"Congress and the American people deserve a say in any nuclear deal the president tries to cut with Iran." Last week, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee unanimously approved a bill that gives Congress 30 days to review and vote on any nuclear agreement with Iran. No sanctions on Tehran enacted by Congress could be waived during that period.
International negotiations are to conclude in June. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Congress is taking action in regard to the proposal for a nuclear accord with Iran. We praise You that our legislative branch of government is doing its job of limiting the powers of the executive branch from making treaties with our enemies, that could endanger all of us. We look forward to hearing the "vigorous debate" next week, concerning our relationship with Iran and their nuclear ambitions. We pray for Your continued protection of Israel and the U.S. from these enemies of freedom. Give wisdom and discretion, we pray, as decisions are implemented. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you." (Proverbs 4:6-8)
3. Pentagon's new cyber strategy cites U.S. ability to retaliate - Reuters
U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter is due to unveil an updated cyber strategy on Thursday that will stress the military's ability to retaliate with cyber weapons, a capability he hopes will help deter attacks. The strategy presents a potentially far more muscular role for the U.S. military's cyber warriors than the Pentagon was willing to acknowledge in its last strategy rollout in 2011 and singles out threats from Russia, China, Iran and North Korea.
"The United States must be able to declare or display effective response capabilities to deter an adversary from initiating an attack," according to a copy of the document, obtained by Reuters ahead of its release. The Defense Department, it said, must develop "viable cyber options" as part of the full range of tools available to the United States during heightened tensions or outright hostilities. It should be able to use cyber tools to disrupt an enemy's command of networks, military-related critical infrastructure and weapons capabilities. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that Your Hand of blessing would rest upon all who are working directly with these new tools that are designed to guarantee the security of American cyberspace. We repent of a mindset that says that "we" are inventing these strategies, for we know that all wisdom comes from You. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions." (Proverbs 8:12)
4. How ISIS is luring so many Americans to join its ranks - CNN
A year after ISIS became a household name in America, using brutality and savvy propaganda to challenge al Qaeda and its affiliates for jihadist adherents, U.S. prosecutions of would-be recruits have exploded.
The flurry of arrests -- at least 25 people have been detained since January -- is a sign that complicated, manpower-intensive investigations begun when ISIS started seizing swaths of territory a year ago are finally being completed. But they also highlight the unique challenges that ISIS poses in comparison with al Qaeda, which has attracted fewer U.S.-based recruits. (Read more)
- Father, we do not understand the blackness of man's heart, that these young people would imagine such evil and want to be a part of it. We ask for Your wisdom to be given to those who investigate the desire of these young men and women, who wish to join evil organizations, like ISIS. We ask for the deliverance from evil of these young people. We ask that You reveal Yourself to them, and we pray for their salvation. Give them Your missionary heart for the lost we pray. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind]? I the Lord search the mind, I try the heart, even to give to every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17:9)
- "I was sought by those who did not ask for Me; I was found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am,' To a nation that was not called by My name." (Isaiah 65:1)
5. Iranian Warships Halt near Yemen Port - Jewish Press
Iranian warships neared the southern Yemen port of Aden Thursday despite the presence of several U.S. warships in the area as well. It is believed the Iranian vessels are carrying weapons to re-arm the Shiite Houthi rebels who have seized control over the port city and the nation's capital, Sa'ana. The Iranian vessels since have stopped approaching Aden, but reports that they have turned back have not been confirmed. (Read more)
- Lord God, we see this as a direct answer to our intercession that You would quell the "flashpoint" that this crisis has represented, calming the tensions and bringing peace into this region once again. We ask now that these Iranian vessels not only be halted, but turn back to their own ports in Iran. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
6. Russia Backs Down and Says Iran Won't Get S300 System in 'Near Future' - Jewish Press
Russia has backed down on delivering the advanced S-300 advanced anti-missile system to Iran in the "near future," Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov told Russian media on Thursday Moscow announced two weeks ago that it was lifting the bean of selling Iran the S-300, causing "concern" in Washington and fierce anger in Jerusalem. Netanyahu told Russian president Vladimir Putin last week that Israel would bomb the S-300 systems if Iran were to ship them to Syria or the Hezbollah in Lebanon. (Read more)
- Lord God, again we thank You for answered prayer. Praise the Lord!
- "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)
7. Al-Qaida suspects may have been targeting Vatican, Italian prosecutor says - Jerusalem Post
People being investigated in a counter-terrorism investigation in Italy may have been planning an attack against the Vatican, one of the prosecutors leading the probe said on Friday. Cagliari Chief Prosecutor Mauro Mura told reporters that as well as planning to launch attacks in Pakistan and Afghanistan, as earlier reported, the suspects may also have been aiming to target the Vatican.
Police conducted raids across Italy on Friday, targeting 18 people suspected of links with al-Qaida. Some were arrested, including the group's suspected spiritual leader, but others were believed to have left the country. "We don't have proof, we have strong suspicion," said Mario Carta, head of the police unit leading the investigation said when asked for more details on a possible attack against the seat of the Catholic Church. (Read more)
- Father, we are grateful to receive news that another planned attack by Al-Qaida has been thwarted. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- "Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety." (Psalm 141:10)
8. Same-Sex Marriage Rejected by Majority of Countries Around the World - Breitbart
The left often argues the U.S. must get with the rest of the world, that the U.S. is a backwater if we don't. This argument is being made in the Supreme Court case over same-sex marriage by the former Dean of the Yale Law School who is also the former principle lawyer in Hilary Clinton's State Department. Professor Harold Koh and a handful of legal luminaries have told the Court the U.S. must join the "emerging global consensus" in favor of same-sex marriage and that same-sex marriage is about to sweep the world.
But is this true?
Law professors Lynn Wardle, Cole Durham, and 52 other legal scholars say "not so fast." In a dueling brief, Wardle, Durham, and the rest point out that same-sex marriage is quite rare around the world. There is no "emerging global consensus." Only 17 of the 193 member states of the UN allow for same-sex marriage, and a court imposed only one of those. Wardle and Durham point out that 47 nations have constitutional provisions enshrining man-woman marriage, and more are coming. (Read more)
- Lord God, Creator of the Universe, we are happy to read these facts about the goodness of Your Creation of the institution of marriage between a man and a woman. We praise You for Your good plans for us. We know that Your desire for us all is a good thing, and that Your desire is to give us a future and a hope. For those who choose to live otherwise, we respect their right to do so, but why must they all insist that we view this subject through their eyes alone? We ask that our freedoms be preserved, and that we may live according to Your Word without condemnation. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence. And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me." (Psalm 51:9-11)
9. Millions to pray that Supreme Court says 'Amen' to gay marriage ban - Washington Examiner
Millions of Americans are turning to prayer over the next seven days in a bid to convince the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold traditional marriage between a man and a woman when it considers whether states can ban gay marriage during oral arguments April 28.
The effort hits Washington Saturday when a "March for Marriage" takes place featuring speeches from leaders of several religions.
In addition, networks of at least 145,000 pastors, many with enormous followings, several Evangelical and pro-marriage groups and Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz are leading the effort. (Read more)
Note: The American Renewal Project is Lead Prayer Services on Tuesday, April 28th, 11:30 AM-1:30 PM, in their sanctuaries. This two-hour window will focus on prayer. We intend to cry for mercy for what we, Believers, have allowed to happen to a once Christian nation, established "For the Glory of God and the advancements of the Christian faith." (The Mayflower Compact). Get Meeting Outline and Prayer Resources Here
- Father God, we thank You for the groundswell of prayers among the righteous as we prepare for the upcoming hearings on gay marriage at the Supreme Court. Lord, we ask that You would hear the cries of Your people, and would move upon the hearts and the minds of the nine justices on the Supreme Court, that they rule according to the Word of God in this matter: Marriage is between one man and one woman, only. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- "Hear the cry and the prayer that Your servant is praying in Your presence this day." (I Kings 8:28)
10. Giant magma reservoir mapped deep beneath Yellowstone Supervolcano - LA Times
You know that Supervolcano in Yellowstone National Park? The one that, three times in the last 2 million years, spewed enormous amounts of ash over the North American continent? Scientists have discovered an enormous underground reservoir deep beneath the surface and have mapped it out for the first time. (Read more)
- All knowing, All Seeing, All wonderful God, and our Father, we thank You for Your awesome Creation! The Heavens and Stars, and Universes on High, and that which is in the depths of the Sea, in the deep and hidden places! Your knowledge is beyond our ability to comprehend! What joy to know that You hold us in the palm of Your Hand. You are the Keeper and Sustainer of our Lives!! You do all things well. We thank You for this knowledge coming forth regarding the Supervolcano at Yellowstone National Park. We ask that You alone will control Your creation and use it for only good in the lives of Your people. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Can you find out the deep things of God, or can you by searching find out the limits of the Almighty [explore His depths, ascend to His heights, extend to His breadths, and comprehend His infinite perfection]? His wisdom is as high as the heights of heaven! What can you do? It is deeper than Sheol (the place of the dead)! What can you know?" (Job 11:7,8)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Gaza Terrorists Fire Rocket at Israel - Israel National News
The IDF has confirmed that at least one terrorist rocket was fired from Gaza at southern Israel Thursday. There have been no reports of injuries or damage.
The Color Red sirens went off in and around Sderot. Residents reported hearing explosions.
The remains of the rocket were located in an open area in the Sha'ar Hanegev region.
The last time a Color Red siren was heard in the Gaza Belt region was in late December - four months ago. In response, IAF jets attacked Hamas training grounds in Khan Younes, in the southern Gaza Strip.
2.Hamas: We're Not Responsible for Rocket Attack - Israel National News
Hamas has signaled to Israel that it is not responsible for Thursday evening's rocket attack on southern Israel and that it is working to find and arrest the shooters, Channel 10 News reports.
A senior security official said, however, that Israel views Hamas as being responsible for the attack.
"We see Hamas as responsible, and expect it to enforce order in Gaza. Hamas is the ruling power in the region and is must maintain quiet; if not it will be held responsible. We will not accept a trickling of rocket fire," the official said.
At least one terrorist rocket was fired from Gaza at southern Israel on Thursday evening, according to the IDF.
3.Peres Cancels Bank Hapoalim Contract - Israel National News
Former President Shimon Peres announced on Thursday that he was canceling the contract with Bank Hapoalim, which was met with criticism by MKs from both left and right.
Under the contract, as reported by the financial newspaper The Marker, Peres would have promoted the bank for $30,000 a month.
Speaking to Channel 2 News, Peres said that the money he would have received from the bank was meant for socially-oriented projects and was not meant for his own pocket, but added he was canceling the agreement with the bank "out of the desire to be responsive to public sentiments and the false interpretations [about the contract]."
4.Turkey Indecisive about its Foreign Policy Priorities - Israel National News
Turkey has given contradictory signs of its allegiances over the last few months. The Turks avoided for as long as they could giving aid to the Syrian Kurds of Kobane before Western pressure forced them to allow Kurdish reinforcements to enter the city and turn the fight around.
After making numerous contradictory statements about supporting or opposing Saudi and Iranian policy, that above mentioned Western pressure might indicate Turkey is giving in on years of aggressive policy toward the rest of the Middle East.
"United Arab Emirates Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Anwar Qarqash, called the positions of Turkey (and Pakistan) on Yemen contradictory and vague," says Gallia Lindenstrauss of the Institute for National Security Studies in a recent analysis. "In his opinion, statements coming from Ankara show coordinated views on Yemen among Iran and Turkey."
Up until several years ago, Turkey was the largest candidate to join the European Union. After the collapse of its relationships with one-time allies Israel and Syria, could Turkey reproach the West and join the EU?
5. Israeli Arabs march for right of return on Independence Day - Jerusalem Post
Several thousand Arab Israelis at a protest march in Hadatha, an abandoned village 12.5 km southwest of Tiberias, on Independence Day commemorated Arab villages destroyed in the War of Independence.
"Almost 25 percent of Arab citizens are from displaced villagers destroyed in 1948," Ta'al party chairman Ahmad Tibi told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday.
"The land exists, the citizens are here - so why not rebuild the communities, and the owners will build their homes again?" he asked.
6. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Newsletter - HNN
7. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Alert - IFI
To read IFI's report for this week, please go here.
8. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Bulletin - BFP
To read this weekly alert, go here.
The Daily Jot
Soft tyranny and you
The government has set a standard of tyranny against you that those who disagree with you can and will prevent you from having a job. Your free speech is OK so long as you keep it to yourself. Do you ever feel like you have an opinion and yet uneasy about expressing it? Do you think that as a Christian, it is better to not express your views on morality in public forums? Have you felt any kind of reservation about what you do and say could be listened to by the government, so you watch your words? Are there just certain issues that you don't talk about much anymore because the response is so visceral and examples have been made of those who say something? It's selective free speech. It's soft tyranny.
Alexis de Tocqueville defines soft tyranny in his book Democracy in America, Volume II (1840): "It [the government] covers the surface of society with a network of small, complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting. Such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence: it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."
If you are afraid to speak your mind because of the consequences of perhaps losing your job, your livelihood, or that it may invite some government investigation or ruination, you are a victim of soft tyranny. Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." A free people can only exist by adhering to the precepts of God. Bondage is bondage, whether it is sin or tyranny. We live in a society where a very vocal minority is bullying your Constitutional rights. Moreover, eternally these people face great peril. Isaiah 5:20 says, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness. . . "
We must speak boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel. Even though many respond with hatred and accuse you based on the very intents of their own hearts, they will not know the truth unless someone tells them. We would not know sin had we not known the laws of God. Don't be a victim of soft tyranny. Right is greater than might. As Ephesians 6:12-13 says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against power, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Soft tyranny is evil. Stand against it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Prayers for the Court
Prayers for the Court:
Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice
Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice was born in the Pin Point community of Georgia near Savannah June 23, 1948. He married Virginia Lamp in 1987 and has one child, Jamal Adeen, by a previous marriage.
Clarence Thomas became a Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in 1990. President Bush nominated him as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, and he took his seat October 23, 1991.
In 1991, Clarence Thomas was subjected to one of the most vicious Supreme Court confirmation hearings in American history. In 1987, Senate liberals had prevented the confirmation of the late conservative legal scholar, Judge Robert Bork. His confirmation hearings were malicious but were mostly ideological. The word "borked" became a part of our dictionary as a result. But the Thomas hearings were even nastier, sinking to the level of degrading personal attacks on Thomas' moral character.
Yet Thomas was confirmed, seated and has faithfully adhered to his conservative principles despite continued mockery and hostility from the left. Yet even his mockers acknowledge that behind his silence is a brilliance, and they fear he could exert significant influence on the court.
. . . When the Supreme Court rejected the request for an injunction to stop a federal judge's order for homosexual "marriages" to commence in Alabama, despite 81% of voters supporting a marriage amendment to protect their state from federal court intrusion, Justice Thomas expressed his dissent, writing: "This is not the proper way to discharge our. . . responsibilities."
- Pray that Justice Thomas will become bolder in expressing his thoughtful, spiritually enlightened legal opinions. (Pr 10:19; Acts 4:31)
- Pray that he will become the very influence upon the court that liberals fear. And may this upcoming marriage case be an opportunity for this quiet man, in a case that will have a huge impact on the health of our nation and its families. (Heb 11; Jude 7)
- Pray that Justice Thomas and each of his colleagues will rule in the fear of the Lord, faithfully, and with a perfect heart. (2 Chr 19:9)
Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
801 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Clarence (Justice Clarence Thomas) - "bright, clear, also famous and influential."
Our prayer for Justice Clarence Thomas:
Clarence Thomas: Your bright, clear mind gives you much wisdom and influence with your fellow justices.
(Source: Tennessee Governmental Prayer Alliance; prayer written by Barbara L. Potts)
A Decree for the Supreme Court
The Decree and the Execution of the Judgment of the LORD
The LORD sits upon HIS throne, high and lifted up and the train of HIS GOVERNMENTAL MANTLE is now flowing out toward and filling HIS Church temple.
And as servants of the LORD MOST HIGH, we are commissioned to go for the GODHEAD and proclaim HIS WORD and execute HIS JUDGMENT. Therefore, hear the WORD OF THE LORD:
Our mouths are no longer silent.
Our mouths are opened wide over our enemies . . .
Talk no more so very proudly and let not arrogance go forth from your mouths for the LORD is a GOD of knowledge and by HIM actions are weighed.
The bows of the mighty are broken . . .
The pillars of the earth are the LORD'S and HE has set the world upon them.
HE will guard the feet of HIS godly ones, but the wicked shall be silenced and perish in darkness . . .
The adversaries of the LORD are broken to pieces.
HE will thunder in heaven against HIS adversaries.
The LORD will judge to the ends of the earth and HE will give strength to HIS KING and exalt the power of HIS ANOINTED ONE.
Thus says the LORD GOD . . . for MY NAME, I will not give MY glory to another by permitting the idol worshippers to triumph over the righteous. Because you are perverse, GOD will show HIMSELF SHREWD against you. And because you walk contrary to GOD, HE will walk contrary to you and bring this WORD against you by executing HIS LAW upon you. For NOW the ancient gods of idolatry are subdued for the LORD shatters these forces of old. GOD drives you out by HIS hornets that go before us, as we declare "DESTROY !"
GOD has established HIS throne in the heavens and HIS KINGDOM rules over all . . . and of the increase of HIS government there shall be no end . . . for YOU, O GOD make YOUR NAME known to YOUR adversaries that this nation may tremble at YOUR PRESENCE.
(Submitted by Jean M. in Louisiana
A member of the Heartland Apostolic Prayer Network)
"Stand for Marriage" Sunday
Thousands of Churches to Join 'Stand for Marriage Sunday' on April 26
Thousands of churches will join "Stand for Marriage Sunday" on April 26 - just two days before the U.S. Supreme Court hears oral arguments on the definition of marriage.
Pastors across the nation are being asked to distribute a bulletin insert and show church members a brief video explaining the importance of the pending decision and the impact it will have on everyday Americans who seek to live out their faith. Church leaders are also being asked to spend time during worship in focused prayer for the Court and for the country.
"We are asking that churches take time in their worship services to pray for the Supreme Court and the attorneys presenting the arguments, that truth would prevail and that natural marriage would be honored by the arguments and by the decision of the Justices," explained Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, whose organization is spearheading the initiative through "Watchmen on the Wall," their ministry to pastors. (NRB) Read more here.
Pray for Marriage
Pray for Marriage and the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court of the United States will soon rule on the answer to the following key questions:
1) Does the Fourteenth Amendment require a state to license a marriage between two people of the same sex?
2) Does the Fourteenth Amendment require a state to recognize a marriage when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-state?
With the Obama administration urging the Supreme Court to "make marriage equality a reality for all Americans," the decision on the Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Tennessee cases, expected by late June, is pivotal. Within three months' time, the American Church will have one more barometer of our moral posture as a nation.
Meditate on the Scripture verses below and allow these words to guide you in your time of intercession for each of the names and organizations listed on the previous pages.
Our special report can be downloaded here.
(Source: Intercessors for America)
To read their full report, including names and photos of all Justices and verses to decree, please go here.
Contending Against Sodom and Gomorrah
Contending Against Sodom and Gomorrah
Did you know . . . ????
The word "Sodom" means "fettered."
And the word "Gomorrah" means "bondage."
In this hour, God's righteous remnant is now contending against this principality, which is clearly trying to bring us all under the bondage of this yoke of evil, and cause us to be "fettered" (shackled) for our faith.
Hallelujah!! HE has come to SET THE CAPTIVES FREE!
This weekend, let's pray together that, as in the days of Queen Esther and Mordecai . . the gallows meant for us will instead fall upon Haman's neck, and we shall be set free from this danger in our land.
But let's not stop there! Let's be in earnest prayer for the millions who, in their own fallen estate and blindness, have become fettered into a lifestyle of bondage, from which only our God can deliver them!
And let's dig deeper, shall we??
Face it, there are those among us, God-fearing and Bible-believing saints, who have seen our children come under the yoke of a perverse lifestyle. And try as we might to forgive them . . . well, the pain remains, hopelessness sets in, and our faith is shaken.
Moreover, we spend hours agonizing about how this could have happened to "our own," coming under a load of guilt and shame that is NOT from God!
Saints of God, if WE can't do this . . . He can!
Just as our Lord Jesus Christ came to the end of Himself as He hung in agony on that Cross, in complete pain, we too must LOOK UP and say "FATHER, FORGIVE THEM, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO!"
To God be the Glory!
If we can't, in sincerity of heart, truly forgive those around us who are trapped in the gay lifestyle, God can and will do this for us . . . this fact is in red letters in all four of the Gospels.
And so, tonight, we say, "Thank You, Lord, for forgiving these lost souls for us . . . for they know not what they do. Please break every yoke of bondage, according to Psalm 107:16 and set these captives free. We ask this in Jesus' mighty name, amen and amen!"
10 Those who sat in darkness and in the shadow of death,
Bound in affliction and irons-
11 Because they rebelled against the words of God, And despised the counsel of the Most High,
12 Therefore He brought down their heart with labor;
They fell down, and there was none to help.
13 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He saved them out of their distresses.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
And broke their chains in pieces.
15 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
16 For He has broken the gates of bronze,
And cut the bars of iron in two. (Psalm 107:10-16)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
"I was blind but now I see!" (John 9:25)
In these perilous times, when all that can be shaken is being shaken, let us return to the "faith of our fathers" and sing the hymns and songs of old.
May we each draw strength in our own time, as we "dig the wells of treasure" to draw upon the strength that carried our ancestors through their own perilous times. Amen.
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!
Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun.
To hear the melody, go here.
Enjoy this performance of "Amazing Grace" by Il Divo by going here.
About the Author:
Words: John Newton, 1779
Music: James P. Carrell and David S. Clayton, 1831
About the Hymn:
This is probably the most popular hymn in the English language-a television documentary was even made about it. Perhaps it is because its words so well describe the author: John Newton was a slave trader before coming to Christ. It was sung at the funeral of American president Ronald Reagan.
Learn more about this classic hymn by going here.
In Closing . . .
"Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what He hath done for my soul." (Psalm 66:16)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
- Matthew West
It's the hardest thing to give away
And the last thing on your mind today
It always goes to those that don't deserve
It's the opposite of how you feel
When the pain they caused is just too real
It takes everything you have just to say the word . . .
(Worship our Lord here . . .)
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!