Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, October 23, 2017
"Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. " (Psalm 62:8)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ . . ."
Updates: North Korea
Updates: North Korea
1. NK warns US could face 'unimaginable' strike - Korea Herald
A North Korean agency made a threat Thursday that Pyongyang could stage an "unimaginable" strike on the United States at an unexpected time amid tensions over the North's nuclear and missile programs. The North's intimidation came as the South Korean and US navies are staging massive joint drills in waters off the Korean Peninsula with the US aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan being involved. North Korea's emergency committee for opposing nuclear war drills condemned the Seoul-Washington's move to mobilize nuclear strategic assets near the peninsula.
"The US is running amok by introducing under our nose the targets we have set as primary ones. The US should expect that it would face unimaginable strike at an unimaginable time," the agency said in a statement carried by the Korean Central News Agency in English. Tensions have heightened amid North Korea's nuclear and missile tests and exchanges of inflammatory rhetoric between US President Donald Trump and the North Korean leadership. North Korean Kim Jong-un has vowed to take the "highest-level" measures against Washington as Trump threatened to "totally destroy" the North if the US is forced to defend itself and its allies due to Pyongyang's nukes. (Read more)
2. Australia PM: N. Korean anti-Trump "rant" shows sanctions working - CBS News
CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia's prime minister on Friday dismissed an extraordinary letter from North Korea to the Australian Parliament and other countries as a "rant" against President Donald Trump and a sign that Pyongyang was "starting to feel the squeeze" of escalated sanctions.
The letter from the North Korean Foreign Affairs Committee, titled "Open Letter to Parliaments of Different Countries," attacked Mr. Trump over his speech to the United Nations General Assembly last month in which he threatened to "totally destroy North Korea" if provoked.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said the letter was sent to "a lot of other countries" as well as Australia, which has vowed to help the United States, a defense treaty ally, in any conflict with Pyonyang. (Read more)
3. Nicholas Kristof says North Korea has "galvanized for war" - CBS News
When New York Times op-ed columnist Nicholas Kristof traveled North Korea recently, the five-day trip turned out to be "very different" from his prior two visits. "North Korea is always a bizarre place and there's always a certain amount of over-the-top rhetoric. But this time the country has really galvanized for war," Kristof said Thursday on "CBS This Morning." "There's constant talk about missile attacks on the U.S. There are billboards around the country showing missiles destroying the U.S. Capitol, destroying the U.S. flag. There is discussion about how a nuclear war with the U.S. is inevitable, and maybe most striking, about how North Korea will defeat the U.S. in this nuclear war. And it's not only survivable but actually winnable."
"There's always a danger, of course, that dictators kind of believe their own propaganda. And I'm nervous that that is what is happening right now," Kristof said. (Read more)
- Father God, there is an evil stronghold on North Korea that has proven to be an open door to the demonic world. So we pray and agree that the power of God will withstand these forces and break their evil authority over North Korea and its leaders, and all their words fall to the ground and die. This is a day of reckoning with God and they shall reap what they have sown through the years for all their wickedness. Their threats are reduced to nothing. God, take control over North Korea, their leaders, all the present circumstances, and pour out Your visible power from heaven upon them. We pray in the Name of Jesus, who is Lord over all.
- "For thus has the Lord spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the Lord of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, (America) and for the hill thereof." (Isaiah 31:4)
Focus on Israel
1. Israel believes rocket fire from Syria may have been deliberate - Times of Israel
Israel believes five rockets fired across the border from Syria early Saturday morning may have been deliberately launched at Israel, rather than constituting errant spillover from clashes in Syria, military sources said late Saturday.
Israel fired back into Syria, hitting three rocket launchers, in response to the rocket fire, and warned that further fire would prompt a more intensive response.
2. Israeli Minister: In Another War With Hezbollah, Lebanon And Its Infrastructure Will Be Fair Game - CNS News
Jerusalem (CNSNews.com) - If another war breaks out in Lebanon, Israel will be obliged to target not just Hezbollah but also Lebanese government infrastructure, a senior Israeli government minister warned on Wednesday.
And should that happen, said Education Minister Naftali Bennett said, the United States should not tell Israel - as he said it did in the last war 11 years ago - to strike at the Iranian-backed Shi'ite terrorist group but not touch Lebanon.
"If Lebanon has Hezbollah as part of government, it's harboring thousands and thousands of missile launchers in its homes, then Lebanon is game," he told a gathering of Christian press representatives in Jerusalem.
3. Hamas ignores Israel, sends delegation to Iran - Israel National News
A high-ranking Hamas delegation on Friday began a visit to Iran to inform its backers in Tehran about reconciliation efforts with rival faction Fatah, a Hamas official said, according to AFP.
The group was led by recently appointed deputy Hamas chief Salah al-Aruri, who is accused of organizing multiple deadly attacks against Israelis. The group will meet senior Iranian officials over the next several days, the representative said on condition of anonymity.
Hamas and Fatah agreed a landmark deal to end a decade-long split and seek to form a unity government along with other parties.
By meeting Iranian officials in Tehran, Hamas blatantly ignores Israel's demand that it cut off ties with Tehran or Israel will not recognize any unity Palestinian government.
4. Knesset winter session to see legislation 'blitz' - Israel Hayom
Israel's parliament is scheduled to convene for its winter session on Monday after an 88-day recess. The coming session is poised to be a tumultuous one, as lawmakers will have to work their way through no less than 4,700 private bills, only about 5% of which are expected to become actual laws.
President Reuven Rivlin, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein and Opposition Leader Isaac Herzog (Zionist Union) are scheduled to speak at the first plenary session on Monday.
Rivlin's speech has been defined as "important and significant" and is expected to focus, among other things, on the constant, harsh criticism leveled at state institutions, including the High Court of Justice, the Attorney General's Office, the State Attorney's Office, the IDF and the Israel Police, which are often accused of being politically biased, something Rivlin has repeatedly warned erodes their status and the public's confidence in their performance.
5. Largest theft attempt of past several years thwarted, 27 Palestinians arrested - YNET News
67 Palestinians from the Palestinian town of Beit Awwa were stopped in an apparent attempt to steal including tens of tons of agricultural produce. The heist was being carried out on Saturday evening by 27 adults and 40 children and teenagers, who together harvested the enormous amount of produce from Moshav Shekef in the Lachish region, near the West Bank Barrier. The heist attempt appeared to be the largest agricultural theft in recent years.
Border Police officers arrested 27 adult suspects, while the children were released.
6. Intercessors for Israel - Friday Prayer Alert
To read this week's alert, go here.
7. Bridges for Peace - Israel Prayer Updates
To read this week's bulletin, go here.
8. Israel, Regional Allies Applaud Trump Call to Better or Bust Iran Nuke Deal - BFP
United States President Donald Trump on Friday delivered a message that American allies in the Middle East have been waiting to hear: either improve the Iran nuclear deal, or cancel it altogether. "I am directing my administration to work closely with Congress and our allies to address the deal's many serious flaws so that the Iranian regime can never threaten the world with nuclear weapons," said Trump in comments posted to the White House website. ". . . However, in the event we are not able to reach a solution working with Congress and our allies, then the agreement will be terminated. It is under continuous review, and our participation can be cancelled by me, as President, at any time."
sraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday, in comments released by his office, commended Trump for "his important decision on Iran." Said the Israeli leader, "I believe that any responsible government, and whoever seeks to promote peace and security in the world, needs to take advantage of the opportunity that President Trump's decision has created in order to improve the agreement or abrogate it and, of course, stop Iran's aggression."
Earlier, the leader of Saudi Arabia, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, called Trump to offer his support. The official Saudi Press Agency reported that the Saudi king on Friday welcomed Trump's "firm strategy" towards Iran and what the report noted as Iran's "aggressive activities and support for terrorism in the region and the world." [No link available]
- Pray for wise counsel among Israel's allies, as they seek to promote realistic, responsible peace and security in the Middle East, through improvement or cancellation of the Iran nuclear agreement.
- "Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but counselors of peace have joy." (Proverbs 12:20)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
9. Netanyahu Tells Russians: We Will Not Allow Iran into Syria - BFP
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Russia's Minister of Defense Sergey Shoygu Tuesday that Israel will not allow Iran to entrench its military forces in Syria.
"Iran has to understand that Israel will not allow this," Netanyahu said during the meeting in Jerusalem, which was also attended by Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman.
Also during the meeting, Lieberman and Netanyahu also discussed the Iran nuclear deal which President Donald Trump refused to recertify last week.
Netanyahu warned the Russian defense minister that unless the deal is altered, Iran will be able to build up a stockpile of nuclear weapons within 8-10 years. [No link available]
- Seek the Lord God's defense and deliverance for Israel from Iran's efforts to take territory in Syria and expand their nuclear arsenal. Pray that Russia will clearly understand the significance of PM Netanyahu's message.
- "O Lord my God, in You I have taken refuge; save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me." (Psalm 7:1)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
10. Israeli Jets Destroy Syrian Anti-Aircraft Battery in Retaliatory Strike - BFP
Israeli Air Force (IAF) jets destroyed an anti-aircraft missile battery in Syria following an attack on Israeli planes carrying out reconnaissance over Lebanon, The Jerusalem Post reported Monday.
Earlier, the SA-5 anti-aircraft battery, located about 30 miles [48 km] east of Damascus, fired at Israeli planes conducting "routine" reconnaissance over Lebanon. Israel reported that the missile missed the IAF jets.
"We see the Syrian regime as responsible and see these missiles as a clear Syrian provocation, and it will not be accepted," IDF Spokesman Brig.Gen. Ronen Manelis said. Manelis asserted that Israel had no intent of getting involved in Syria's civil war, but would react to threats emanating from Syria. (No link available)
- Intercede for Israel's military forces doing the reconnaissance necessary to protect the nation, specifically in the area of the northern border. Pray that they will receive accurate intelligence information in a timely manner. Pray for clear communication between Israel and Russia.
- LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. (Psalm 3:1, 3)
[Prayer offered by BFP]
The Daily Brief
1. Trump hints that he's leaning toward Powell or Taylor for Fed chair - Politico
President Donald Trump hinted Friday that his top two candidates to chair the Federal Reserve are Fed Governor Jerome Powell and Stanford economist John Taylor - though he left the door open to other contenders. POLITICO reported Thursday that Powell is the leading candidate to chair the central bank after current Chair Janet Yellen's term ends in January. The president has interviewed five finalists: Powell, Taylor, Yellen, former Fed Governor Kevin Warsh and National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn.
White House spokeswoman Natalie Strom said Thursday that all five candidates are "at the same level of consideration," and press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Friday was careful not to step on Trump's forthcoming announcement. "We still don't have an announcement on that," Sanders told reporters. Asked about the possibility of Powell and Taylor both joining the Fed as chair and vice chair, Sanders said it's "certainly under consideration." (Read more)
- Thank You, Father, that we do not have to lean on our own understanding. We pray that President Trump will hear clearly from You about who to put in this very important position in our government. We speak wisdom to President Trump and his advisors and we speak wisdom to the one who is chosen so that he or she will walk in Your understanding for this job.
- "Only may the Lord give you wisdom and understanding, and give you charge concerning Israel, that you may keep the law of the Lord your God." (I Chronicles 22:12)
2. McMaster says Trump 'absolutely' prepared to terminate Iran deal - Jerusalem Post
US President Donald Trump is prepared to withdraw from a nuclear agreement reached with Iran and other international powers in 2015, his national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, said on Thursday.
Speaking at a forum hosted by the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a think tank that contributed research and scholarship to the Trump administration's new strategy on Iran unveiled last week, McMaster said the president's first choice is to get Congress and European allies on board with a "pressure" strategy that will force Iran back to the negotiating table.
Trump's national security team hopes to negotiate an addendum to the nuclear deal that will address its greatest concerns with the current agreement: its expiration dates, its omission of any restrictions on Iran's ballistic missile work and its opaque language on granting international nuclear inspectors swift access to Iran's military bases. If Congress fails to pass legislation that helps bolster Trump's diplomatic leverage, and if European powers refuse to come along with his strategy, the president will "absolutely" terminate the deal, McMaster said. Trump last week threatened to terminate the accord wholesale if his more measured approach fails to deliver. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for a President who stands by his word. We ask Your Hand of blessing to rest upon President Trump, today and always, in Your Name, amen.
- "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
3. John Kelly shames the shameless media - Washington Examiner
Kelly said at the press briefing Thursday that he was "stunned" and "brokenhearted" when he saw Wilson in TV interviews and quoted in news reports divulging details about a personal call from Trump to Myeisha Johnson, whose husband died in an enemy ambush earlier this month in Niger. In front of a room of uncharacteristically hushed reporters, Kelly said he was dismayed to see Wilson politicize one of the few sacred things left: The mourning of a fallen soldier. In this case, Sgt. La David T. Johnson.
Wilson told reporters earlier in the week that she was there for the on-speaker call between President Trump and Myeisha Johnson. She said Trump was "insensitive" because, according to Wilson, Trump told Johnson, "Well, I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurts."
There is no recording of the conversation to corroborate Wilson's quote or even her ungenerous interpretation of the phone call. Assuming the quote is accurate, Kelly said he had told Trump to say something along those same lines, because it was what most comforted Kelly after his own son died serving in Afghanistan.
News publications running articles on Wilson's story botched it even further, readily printing the first half of Wilson's Trump quote ("He knew what he was getting into when he signed up . . .") while disregarding the rest (". . . but I guess it still hurts.") The New York Times, the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and NBC all ran pieces that included the first half of Wilson's quote without the second. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray that You will cover President Trump with Your presence so the attacks by the enemy against him will be dropped. Block and render powerless all that Rep. Wilson said in TV interviews that would swing the minds of the public away from the mourning of the death of Sgt Johnson. May the memory of this man's bravery and faithful service to our country long outlive any words spoken by Ms. Wilson. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when you perceive not in him the lips of knowledge." (Proverbs 14:7)
4. Frank Gaffney: Abandoning Kurds in Iraq Is a 'Strategic Mistake of Epic Proportions' - Breitbart
Marlow turned to the conflict between independence-seeking Kurds and the Iraqi government, which launched military operations against Kurdish positions this week with the assistance of Iran-backed Shiite militia forces. Marlow expressed concern that the Trump administration is remaining neutral while the Kurds, a vital U.S. battlefield ally in the successful war against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, are assaulted by Baghdad and Tehran.
Gaffney said it was "tragic" and a "strategic mistake of great proportions" for President Trump to withhold his support from the Kurds. "Their enemies are our enemies, virtually without exception," he noted. "The Kurds are surrounded by nations that are not just hostile to them, but hostile to us. What I think has happened here, tragically, is a very clear byproduct of the bad advice the president has been getting from H.R. McMaster, his national security adviser," Gaffney postulated. (Read more)
See also: Report: Shiite Militias Hang Photo of Ayatollah Khamenei in Kirkuk Following Invasion - Breitbart
- Father God, we repent before Your Throne of Grace that we have so terribly let these precious ones down. Lord God, the Kurds were there for us when we needed them, and now we are not there for them when they need us. Forgive us, Lord, and bring forth policy that will fully undergird the Kurdish people in their time of need, we pray, amen.
- "Do unto others as You would have them do unto You." (Matthew 7:12)
5. Congress Probes Whether Obama DOJ Used The 'Trump Dossier' Before Surveillance Court - Daily Caller
Both the House and the Senate are investigating whether the former President Barack Obama's administration used intelligence in a salacious "Trump Dossier" as "evidence" before a secret federal surveillance court to obtain permission to spy on Donald Trump campaign aides and later his transition team. The FBI used the dossier to secure permission to monitor the communications of Trump associate Carter Page, based on U.S. officials briefed on the Russia investigation, CNN reported in April.
The latest inquiries began Oct. 4, when the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence subpoenaed Fusion GPS, a political opposition research firm based in Washington, D.C., to appear before the committee and turn over bank documents. The committee is also seeking all Justice Department applications before the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Court, also called the FISA court, to determine if any of the applicants rely on information from the dossier. The Senate Judiciary inquiry is also questioning ethical decisions demonstrated by former director James Comey when the bureau reportedly sought to pay Steele for his services, according to The Washington Post. (Read more)
- God, we pray that no invasion into President Trump's Dossier will go unpunished. Father God, we ask that all bank documents and all Justice Department applications will reveal just how deep this information was used against Trump. Stand against any damage that resulted in this invasion of privacy. In the Name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning these secret things." (Daniel 2:18)
6. Trump admin scraps EPA's deceitful 'sue and settle' trick - WND
Limited government advocates and property-rights champions are cheering Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt for publicly announcing he will scrap the tactic known as "sue and settle" for as long as he is in office.
"We will no longer go behind closed doors and use consent decrees and settlement agreements to resolve lawsuits filed against the Agency by special interest groups where doing so would circumvent the regulatory process set forth by Congress," Pruitt said in a statement.
So what is "sue and settle?" In short, it's a way that politicians and bureaucrats shift policy by pretending to be in a legal fight with a political ally and altering a specific rule to supposedly avoid a lawsuit. Patrick Hedger, manager of the Regulatory Action Center at the FreedomWorks Foundation, offers a more detailed description of how this political and legal charade plays out. (Read more)
- Jesus, let the truth be unveiled and let confusion and disorder be brought to light to be dealt with as You see fit. It seems too hard for our lawmakers to move forward in agreement on so many government issues. Let the Holy Spirit lead the Congress and all agencies to the right decisions with no strongholds of confusion. Amen.
- "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace-as in all the congregations of the Lord's people." (1 Corinthians 14:33)
7. Trump administration considers pausing U.S. refugee family reunification program - Reuters
President Trump's administration has drafted a plan to pause a program that allows family members join refugees already settled in the United States until they can undergo increased security checks, two sources with knowledge of the situation told Reuters. The proposals, if implemented, could significantly slow down refugee admissions and leave refugees who thought they were headed to the United States in perilous situations abroad, say refugee advocates and former officials.
Refugees currently undergo differing levels of security checks when applying for admission to the United States in a process that can take 18-24 months. "When you put in additional security checks you can basically halt the system," said Robert Carey, the former director of the Office of Refugee Resettlement under former President Barack Obama, a Democrat.
"Every check is only good for a finite period of time and they expire and the whole process has to start all over again," he said, adding that the level of scrutiny is higher for refugees than most any other visa applicant to the United States.
Trump also lowered the maximum number of refugees to be allowed into the United States in 2017 to 50,000 from the 110,000 originally set by Obama. The 2018 level has been set at 45,000, the lowest number in decades. (Read more)
- Father, let the refugees coming into the U.S. be those that You say may come. There are laws required for legal entrance into our country. If limiting the number who enter so be it. As U.S. citizens we are required to follow the laws of the land. Give President Trump the wisdom to lead the U.S. in the ways directed by You. We ask in Your Holy name.
- "Solomon son of David established himself over his kingdom, for the Lord his God was with him and made him exceedingly great." (2 Chronicles 1:1)
8. Florida police arrest 277, including cops and doctors, in sex sting - Fox News
Florida police arrested 277 people -- including doctors, cops and pharmacists -- during a weeklong undercover sex sting operation. "Operation No Tricks, No Treats" began Oct. 10 and ran until Oct. 15, according to a press release from the Polk County Sheriff's Office. Judd identified some of the other suspects arrested as a cancer surgeon, teacher, pediatrician, Air Force veteran, retired deputy sheriff, retired police officer, active colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps and several pharmacists. They range in age from 16 to 74 years old.
"That's the most we have ever arrested in the history of the sheriff's office," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. The suspects face 334 charges, including human-trafficking and soliciting another for prostitution. The office stated 215 people traveled to Polk County from other areas in Florida or were visiting the state from Alabama, California, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. "We are committed to fighting human trafficking, by arresting those who engage in prostitution and trying to identify human trafficking victims," Judd said. "It's no secret. You need to stay out of Polk County if you're going to commit crime." (Read more)
- Praise God from the highest heaven for guiding Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd to set up this sting operation and bring down this major sex trap working to enslave hundreds of victims. God, we ask that You surround the entire area of Polk County and even the State of Florida with angels dispatched by the Lord to uncover every hidden area where human sex trafficking, prostitution and kidnapping of innocent victims has been taking place. Encircle Sheriff Judd with godly protection so no harm can reach him. Empower him with holy intelligence to see into the hidden areas of evil and rout out all enemy forces. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth, for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them. And I will send the sword, the famine and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers." (Jeremiah 24:9-10)
9. Illegal immigrant's abortion demand turns into major battle over Constitution - Washington Times
The fight over whether the government must facilitate an illegal immigrant girl obtaining an abortion has exploded into a full-blown legal battle over the future and limits of Roe v. Wade, according to pro-life and pro-choice groups anxiously awaiting a ruling. A federal appeals court in D.C. heard oral argument on the case Friday and the judges are rushing to rule, with the girl's advocates saying she's 15 weeks pregnant and needs to have the abortion now or else she'll run into later-term restrictions that would make the procedure complicated.
But the Trump administration is balking, saying the 17-year-old girl - known in court documents only as "J.D." - is a juvenile in the custody of federal health officials in a shelter in Texas, and they cannot facilitate the abortion or else they'll run afoul of federal prohibitions on spending taxpayer money on abortion.
Texas, meanwhile, says it fears become a "sanctuary state for abortion" if the courts rule in favor of the girl, while pro-life groups say they fear a surge of illegal immigrant women and girls hoping to take advantage of relatively unfettered access to abortion in the U.S.
"This is a case which would incentivize an abortion-import business for illegal immigrant minor girls in defiance of state laws. And who is being asked to run the business? Taxpayers and the government Office of Refugee Resettlement," said Majorie Dannenfelser, president of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List. (Read more)
- Abba Father, abortion is murder no matter citizen or refugee. God bless Texas for trying to avoid becoming the "sanctuary state of abortion." Protect the babies and give them the opportunity to live the life You have designed for them. Let the mothers protect their children and teach them Your ways. If the mothers know You not, send someone to lead them to You. Thank You for the love and mercy You give each of us. Amen.
- "You shall speak to him saying, "Thus says the Lord, have you murdered and taken possessions?" And you shall speak to him saying, "Thus says the Lord: In the place where the dogs licked the blood of Naboth, the dogs shall lick your blood, even your blood." (1 Kings 21:19)
10. Air Force punishes colonel who refused to affirm gay marriage, attorney says - Fox News
The Air Force has punished a highly-decorated and respected colonel after he refused to publicly affirm the same-sex spouse of a retiring subordinate. Col. Leland Bohannon, who was on the verge of being promoted to a one-star general, was suspended from command and orders were handed down recommending he not be promoted. "His career is likely over and he will likely have to retire as a colonel instead of as a general," First Liberty Institute attorney Michael Berry told the Todd Starnes Show.
First Liberty Institute, one of the nation's most prominent religious liberty law firms, is representing the distinguished military officer. "This sends a clear message - if you do not have the politically correct viewpoint, you are not welcome in the military," Berry said. "The military is no longer a place of diversity and inclusion if you are a person who holds to a traditional belief on marriage." (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we are grieved at the hearing of this misapplication of justice and of good being called evil. We pray for a turnaround in this case and that the righteousness of the Lord will prevail. Thank You for this brave and honorable man who is willing to stand up to the god of political correctness. Please provide for the future for him and his family.
- "Judge me, O Lord my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me." (Psalms 35:24)
11. Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology - MarketWatch
Melissa Jayne, owner of Brooklyn-based "metaphysical boutique" Catland, said she has seen a major uptick in interest in the occult in the past five years, especially among New Yorkers in their 20s. The store offers workshops like "Witchcraft 101," "Astrology 101," and a "Spirit Seance."
"Whether it be spell-casting, tarot, astrology, meditation and trance, or herbalism, these traditions offer tangible ways for people to enact change in their lives," she said. "For a generation that grew up in a world of big industry, environmental destruction, large and oppressive governments, and toxic social structures, all of which seem too big to change, this can be incredibly attractive." (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray Your powerful healing, which is accomplished through the Blood of Jesus Christ, go all over the world at large. Dispatch a myriad of angels from heaven to walk across the land and minister holiness into every dark, sinister area where witchcraft and satan's deceptive practices are wooing the millennials, and all the world irrespective of age, into a web of evil that will destroy their lives, and ultimately they all will spend eternity in a lake of fire with satan. God, we pray for lost souls to be saved by believing in Jesus' sacrifice of Himself on the Cross. We pray this in the Name of Jesus.
- "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)
The Daily Jot
Friday, October 19, 2017
Your good citizenship matters
There is much discussed and written about how the United States is under judgment and how the nation needs to repent. The news media and politicians usually are angered greatly by these assertions. "Certainly, it is those right wing Christian lunatics at it again," they might say. Everyone and anyone has license to ridicule those who believe that the moral decay of our nation found across political parties as well as entertainment, media, business, education and other fields could be reasons that our nation is facing sure financial crisis, a media crisis, a breakdown of the family, a marriage crisis, a murder crisis, especially of the unborn, and continuous threat from Islamic terrorists.
In all fairness, perhaps Christians too often attribute this condition to God when much of the problems of this nation have been brought on by ourselves--we, as citizens. There are just certain principles that apply. If you spend more than you take in, you are in debt; if you allow the breakdown of the family structure, your society will reflect it; if your choices go against good wisdom, there are consequences. Enough people doing the wrong things can bring down an entire society. There is also a collective nature to a society that God judges as a reflection of the people. Now is when people hit the unsubscribe button and run out of the room screaming, "I'm a good person. I didn't support these rogues. Its not my fault."
Nations endure difficulties because the people of the nation, and God's people specifically, are not living righteously. The nation suffers because of the condition of the people, and the nation also suffers because of the condition of the leadership. One good example is found in Ezekiel 22:30, "And I sought for a man among them, that should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Another is Proverbs 29:2, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn." You see, both people and leaders share responsibility.
Set aside politics and the United States. Let's look at the Kingdom of God. If followers of the Messiah do not impact their society, what will that society look like? Jesus told us in Matthew 5:13, "You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." He later says that we are the light of the world, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." These are commands for action. It is those who know Jesus who are to impact the world. Good citizenship in the Kingdom of God translates to good citizenship in your nation. When it is not exercised in deed and in accountability, the nation declines or faces the consequences of its actions.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"Let us go up to the mountain of the Lord." (Micah 4:2)
"Let us go up to the mountain of the Lord." (Micah 4:2)
I'm pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining every day; Still praying as I'm onward bound, "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven's table land,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
My heart has no desire to stay Where doubts arise and fears dismay; Though some may dwell where those abound, My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
I want to live above the world, Though Satan's darts at me are hurled; For faith has caught the joyful sound, The song of saints on higher ground.
I want to scale the utmost height And catch a gleam of glory bright; But still I'll pray till Heav'n I've found, "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."
Please go here to enjoy this traditional tune. Yes, Lord! Please lead us all to higher ground!
About the Author:
Words: Johnson Oatman, Jr., 1898
Melody: Charles H. Gabriel
Signs and Wonders
M-Class Solar Flare
A new sunspot rotating into view over the sun's southeastern limb erupted during the late hours of Oct. 20th. The resulting M1-class solar flare broke a string of deep quiet that has lasted since mid-September. An extreme UV telescope onboard NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the blast:
The movie shows a volume of gas in the sun's atmosphere being swept aside by the explosion. That gas formed the core of a bright coronal mass ejection (CME)--a cloud that billowed away from the sun at approximately 340 km/s. Because the blast site was so far off the Sun-Earth line, the CME will not hit Earth. (Spaceweather.com)
Read more, and view here.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Must See! Families Whose Homes Were Saved From Fire Share Emotional Reunion with Prison Inmate Firefighters
"The value of this program is it teaches people life skills that most of us take for granted but many of them came to prison without. They learn discipline and to show up on time, and some leadership. I hear from dozens of inmates that they are proud to help the community and pay the community back a little bit." - Bill Sessa
(Santa Rosa, CA) - [Faithwire.com] As thousands of firefighters and first responders continue to battle blazes throughout California, residents in contained areas are starting to get a firsthand look at the destruction that besieged their communities. In the northern California town of Santa Rosa, evacuated families were given the all-clear to return home on Wednesday. Despite its close proximity to the deadly flames, Santa Rosa is largely intact thanks to the heroic work of California state prison inmates, who have been working overtime to contain the spread of fire and preserve property these last few weeks.
As the Press Democrat reported, orange-clad inmate-firefighters from the Washington Ridge Conservation Camp just east of Nevada City returned to Santa Rosa to welcome back those whose homes they had helped save the week prior. The team stood shoulder-to-shoulder as neighbors emotionally stopped to thank them for their service and share a hug.
"It reminded me of what happens after a soccer game," resident Janet Condron said of the interaction. "It was therapeutic for both."
The role of the inmate-firefighter is nothing new, though those assigned to the job have been working long, grueling hours to deal with this latest crop of blazes. According to CNN, low security risk inmates can apply for positions at one of the 43 adult conservation camps, or fire camps . . . (Read more)
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
"It is Well" - Kristene Dimarco and Bethel Music
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]