Top House Democrats retreated Monday from an attempt to limit President Bush's authority for taking military action against Iran as the leadership concentrated on a looming confrontation with the White House over the Iraq war. Officials said Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other members of the leadership had decided to strip from a major military spending bill a requirement for Bush to gain approval from Congress before moving against Iran. Conservative Democrats as well as lawmakers concerned about the possible impact on Israel had argued for the change in strategy.
• We offer praise to You Almighty God for hearing our prayers regarding the attempt to limit the President’s authority to make the decisions that only he can make constitutionally. Moses was challenged by Korah to be Israel’s leader but You confirmed Moses! • "And Korah gathered all the congregation against them at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Then the glory of the Lord appeared to all the congregation." (Numbers 16:19)
2. U.N. Security Council Moves Closer to Sanctions Package for Iran - Fox News
The major powers moved closer to agreement Monday night on a modest package of new sanctions against Iran likely to include an embargo on Iranian arms exports and an asset freeze on more individuals and companies associated with Tehran's nuclear and missile programs.
• We give You praise Lord that nations are coming together in agreement over sanctions against Iran whose plans would destabilize the region. We pray You will give each of them the same vision for Your perfect answer and solution to this problem on how to deal with Iran! • "And it came to pass when all the kings who were on this side of the Jordan, in the hills, in the lowland and in all the coasts . . . heard about it, that they gathered together to fight with Joshua and Israel with one accord." (Joshua 9:1,2)
3. Libya says will sign nuclear power deal with US - Ynet News
The United States will help Libya generate nuclear electricity, the North African country said on Monday, in an announcement appearing to herald a further improvement in ties with the West.
• Lord, let the nations see the US and President Bush as people who want to assist them to have better lives. Let the image of America be seen as a godly nation and one who cares for other nations. • "Please, take my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough." So he urged him, and he took it. (Genesis 33:11)
4. Native American Trackers to Hunt Terrorists at Afghan Border - Fox News
An world-reknowned elite group of Native American trackers used by the U.S. Customs to hunt down Mexican drug and people smugglers reportedly is joining the hunt for terrorists crossing Afghanistan’s borders, where Usama bin Laden has been known to hide. The Shadow Wolves unit, recruited from tribes including the Navajo, Sioux, Lakota and Apache, which patrols a 76-mile stretch of Arizona-Mexico border, is being sent to areas along the Afghan border to teach local units the traditional method called "cutting sign" of finding and following clues on the barren landscape, London's Sunday Times reported. The Pentagon and the State Department, however, could not confirm the report the report to FOXNews.com, according to a Pentagon official.
• We give You praise Lord that You are giving our military commanders creative ideas in order to locate the secret places where Bin Laden and his gang of terrorists are in hiding. We pray for our military and the coalition to have even more mighty successes every minute and every day! • "And the Lord your God will expel them from before you and drive them out of your sight. So you shall possess their land, as the Lord your God promised you. One man of you shall chase a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, as He promised you." (Joshua 23:5,10)
• We ask a GREAT BLESSING to come upon our Native American people, who are giving themselves to this cause, in spite of the many atrocities our own government has visited upon these peoples since our beginnings as a nation. We ask that THIS WOULD BE THE YEAR THAT NATIVE AMERICAN APOLOGY RESOLUTION (S.J. Res. 4) would be passed by Congress and signed into law by the President of the United States of America.
• "Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; . . . honour to whom honour." (Romans 13:7)
5. City Churches Plan to Offer Sanctuary to Illegal Immigrants - CNSNews.com
Churches in major cities across the country are preparing to grant "sanctuary" to illegal immigrants facing deportation in an effort to unite evangelicals behind comprehensive immigration reform, according to a pastor organizing the effort.
Rev. Alexia Salvatierra, executive director of Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE) and an ordained Lutheran minister, said Monday that Christians will fight to prevent families from being divided when illegal immigrant parents are deported, leaving behind children who are legal residents.
• Lord, we pray that wisdom be granted to the leaders of the churches that are beginning this work. We pray for our national leaders, too, and we ask that Your wisdom be granted to them as they work to solve the complex dilemma of illegal immigration. • "Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one." (Colossians 4:5,6)
6. 23,000 teens sound a battlecry in San Francisco - Baptist Press
The city turned off the sound system, but it couldn’t turn off the celebration. Nearly 23,000 teens and their youth leaders filled AT&T Park in San Francisco with shouts of “Jesus” and “Hallelujah” Saturday morning accompanied only by hand-held radios scattered among the seats.
• "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord! Praise ye the Lord!!" (Ps.150:6)