The White House is turning to the Supreme Court for help as the administration fights a challenge to its aggressive promotion of federal financial aid for religious charities.
• Lord we ask that You protect the work of Faith-based charities, and provide for them according to Your word. • "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."(Matthew 6:33)
2. Democrats Back Off Plan to Limit Iraq Funding - Fox News
House Democratic leaders are backing away from a plan to scale back U.S. involvement in the Iraq war by using Congress' most powerful tool — withholding money in the budget. They are developing an anti-war proposal that wouldn't cut off money for U.S. troops in Iraq but would require President Bush to acknowledge problems with an overburdened military.
• Lord we take authority over the deceptions at work in our government, that Your truth would be supreme over the actions of our legislators. We also ask that You give President Bush discernment and strength to hear directly from You, and wisdom to act on Your will alone. • "As for God, His way is perfect, the word of the Lord is tried; He is a buckler to all those who trust in Him." (Psalm 18:30)
3. Bird flu vaccine gets FDA approval - USA Today
An expert panel on Tuesday recommended FDA approval for the first bird flu vaccine.
• Thank you, Lord, for a vaccine against bird flu. May the FDA approve it speedily. We ask the healing Blood of Christ cover it from any defects or side-effects, and that You would help drug companies produce it efficiently and quickly to prevent any outbreaks. •"Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth." (Jeremiah 33:6)
4. China rejects U.S. criticism of military build-up - Reuters
China dismissed U.S. criticism of its military build-up on Tuesday, saying the world's most populous country was an important force for world peace.
• Lord may the power of Your Holy Spirit bring truth to the nations. We bind the military plans of China, and ask that You reveal every hidden secret agenda or deception. "For nothing is secret that shall not be made manifest;neither any thing hid that shall not be known and come abroad." (Luke) 8:17
5. CIA: Bin Laden In Pakistan Establishing New Camps - ABC News
In the most definitive statement in years, America's top intelligence official said Tuesday Osama bin laden is in Pakistan actively re-establishing al Qaeda training camps.
• Lord we thank you that this knowledge about the training camps was revealed. We ask that You intervene to bring destruction to these camps in every place they have been set up, or are planned. We ask that You bring to justice these people who plot violence and death. • ". . . and a King shall execute judgment and justice in the earth." (Jeremiah 23:5)
6. Chinese stock plunge sets off a worldwide sell- off - Int'l Herald Tribune
U.S. stocks plummeted Tuesday as concerns that the Chinese and American economies were cooling and fears that shares were overvalued sparked a global market decline.
• Father we stand firmly in You against any lasting negative effects of this decline. We ask that You guard the economy of the United States and we declare Your Lordship over it. • "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:6)