Stand with pastors in Houston!
Join IStand Sunday
Join our marathon, 27-hour conference
call: Friday, Oct. 31st - Saturday, Nov. 1st
For details, go here.
To read the updated Roll Call of the States,
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
"The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."
". . . the glory of the LORD filled the temple. . ." (2 Chronicles 5:14)
The Daily Brief
1. FLOOD OF DEMOCRATS UNLEASHES AGAINST OBAMA - WND
'He has checked out as being president' The criticisms are stinging rebukes, the sort of partisan jabs and vitriol typically heard before a crucial election. The following quotes sound like what one would expect from Republicans, especially with control of the Senate hanging in the balance on Nov. 4. Except, these broadsides launched against President Barack Obama don't come from Republicans. They all come from Democrats. (Read more)
- Father God, we, too, have been concerned about the performance of this president. We ask that You now begin to intervene to either change his heart (that he might rule in truth, and for the good of the people), or take him out in whatever way You deem necessary (not for his harm, but for his salvation). We thank You that voices on both sides of the aisle on Capitol Hill and in the media are now voicing their own concerns for this man. Help us, Lord, we pray in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." (Galatians 6:7)
2. FOX NEWS POLL: Race for Congress tightens, confidence in Obama low - Fox News
A Fox News poll finds enthusiasm in the midterm elections is in the Republicans' favor - but the spread has significantly narrowed; meanwhile, 62 percent of voters lack confidence in President Obama's leadership. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that, when we pray, You listen, and You answer. As we continue to lift up the election, now less than one week away, we remain on our faces in repentance for our personal and national sin, and we ask You, O Lord, to cause our voters to select men and women who will govern us according to Your will. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
3. 'Calibration issue' in Maryland voting machines switches GOP picks to Democrat - Washington Times
A calibration issue in multiple Maryland voting machines is reportedly switching voters' picks from Republican to Democrat.
"When I first selected my candidate on the electronic machine, it would not put the 'x' on the candidate I chose - a Republican - but it would put the 'x' on the Democrat candidate above it," said Donna Hamilton, who voted at the Frederick County Center, Watchdog.org reported.(Read more)
- Father God, we have now read reports of trouble with these machines in at least two states, Maryland and Illinois. Only You, dear Lord, know how many other states may be affected by this issue. We ask that no vote be taken in any state until only a "true" vote is registered. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)
4. DHS increases security at federal buildings over terror concerns - Fox News
The Department of Homeland Security announced Tuesday it has increased security at federal buildings across the county, citing terror threats and recent attacks in Canada and elsewhere.
The announcement was made by Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, who said Federal Protective Service officers are providing the increased security.
Officials said the move was a "precautionary" step and not made in response to any specific threat. But they cited last week's violence in Canada and Islamic State threats. Additional security will be put in place in Washington, other major U.S. cities and unnamed locations across the country. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for this news, and we ask that You, dear God, would even amplify these measures to keep our people safe, by deploying Your heavenly army to intervene where danger may be lurking. We praise You, Lord, that we can ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word!" (Psalm 103:20)
5. Unmanned Antares rocket explodes after liftoff - Fox News
An unmanned cargo rocket bound for the International Space Station exploded Tuesday over a launchpad in Virginia. No injuries were reported following the first catastrophic launch in NASA's commercial spaceflight effort.
Orbital Sciences' Antares rocket blew up over the launch complex, just six seconds after the liftoff. The company said everyone at the site had been accounted for, and the damage appeared to be limited to the facilities.
Flames could be seen shooting into the sky as the sun set. There was no hint of any trouble until the rocket exploded. This was the second launch attempt for the mission. Monday evening's try was thwarted by a stray sailboat in the rocket's danger zone. The restrictions are in case of just such an accident that occurred Tuesday. (Read more)
- Father, we offer You praise that no one was hurt, or worse, in this incident. Lord, we refrain from reading this as a prophetic sign for the nation, choosing instead to ask that Your wisdom be granted to the engineers at the Orbital Sciences company, so that explosions like this can be prevented in the future.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
6. USA Today's Susan Page: Obama administration most 'dangerous' to media in history - Washington Post
At some point, a compendium of condemnations against the Obama administration's record of media transparency (actually, opacity) must be assembled. Notable quotations in this vein come from former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson, who said, "It is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering"; New York Times reporter James Risen, who said, "I think Obama hates the press"; and CBS News's Bob Schieffer, who said, "This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush's did, and his before that." (Read more)
- Dear Heavenly Father, We pray that You would allow more transparency from this White House administration. The press, in the past, has been most favorable to this administration. Yet, they refuse to be transparent. What are they hiding Lord? Shine Your light on this administration and expose the hidden things. In His Name, Amen
- "Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men's hearts; and then each man's praise will come to him from God." (I Corinthians 4:5)
7. White House 'furious' over Cuomo, Christie Ebola mandate - NY Post
White House officials are pushing Govs. Cuomo and Chris Christie to dial down their mandatory quarantine rules and let the feds decide how to keep the deadly Ebola virus from spreading in the United States, sources told The Post on Sunday. (Read more)
- Dear Father, The spirit of fear is attempting to paralyze our government. Lord, we ask for a science based strategy to guard our citizens from the Ebola virus. Lord, these wonderful doctors and nurses that have put their lives on the line to help those who most need it are not being treated as the heroes that they are. Lord, we bind the spirit of fear of Ebola that has been released over the USA.We declare to Ebola bow down. Lord, we release Your spirit of peace to guard the hearts and minds of your people.
- "And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:7)
8. Army major general, troops quarantined after Ebola aid trip - CNN
Army Major General Darryl A. Williams, commander of U.S. Army Africa, and approximately 10 other personnel are now in "controlled monitoring" in Italy after returning there from West Africa over the weekend, according to multiple U.S. military officials. (Read more)
- Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You that this Army Major General Williams is using caution with his troops. Lord, we pray that these troops will remain healthy. Cover these soldiers with the blood of the Lamb. Help the government set a science based strategy as soon as possible. In Your Name we pray, Amen
- "A wise man will hear and increase in learning, And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel . . ." (Proverbs 1:5)
9. Nurse in Ebola Quarantine to Sue for Freedom; Feds Push Back on State Rules - ABC News
The lawyer for a nurse in a 21-day mandatory quarantine in a New Jersey hospital after she returned from treating Ebola patients in Africa said Sunday he is planning to file a federal suit to get her released. (Read more)
- Lord, We thank You that Kaci Hickox has been released from her quarantine. We thank You for these brave doctors and nurses who put their lives on the line and then are treated so inhumanely by the state of New Jersey. Lord, we ask again for a science based strategy for our nation in protecting our citizens. Lord, we declare to the Ebola virus to bend down in Jesus Christ name. Amen
- " . . . so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth. . . " (Phil. 2:10)
10. 'Point of no return' on gay marriage passed - USA Today
Former solicitor general Theodore Olson, the Republican lawyer who argued Bush v. Gore and the challenge to California's Proposition 8, says the Supreme Court through action and inaction this month passed "the point of no return" on same-sex marriage. (Read more)
- Dear Heavenly Father, We stand in the gap and repent for the acceptance of gay marriage in our nation. Your word says that this is an abomination. Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, we strike down every word that Ted Olson has declared over America. We repent for his words and ask that You would cover with the blood of the Lamb these testimonies against America in the Courtroom of heaven. And we declare that the USA will awaken from its slumber and declare these laws by unrighteous judges to be null and void. Father in Your mercy, give us righteous judges and remove from office these judges that make laws from the bench. In Your Name, Amen.
- Then I charged your judges at that time, saying, 'Hear the cases between your fellow countrymen, and judge righteously between a man and his fellow countryman, or the alien who is with him. (Deuteronomy 1:16)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. INSIGHT FOR INTERCESSORS - (CHPP)
To read the latest edition of "K's" news and prayer requests out of Israel, go here.
2. Egypt gives residents on Gaza border 48 hours to leave -Times of Israel
EL-ARISH, Egypt (AP) - Egyptian authorities on Tuesday ordered residents living along the country's eastern border with the Gaza Strip to evacuate so they can demolish their homes and set up a buffer zone to stop weapons and militant trafficking between Egypt and the Palestinian territory, officials said.
The measure comes four days after Islamist fighters attacked an army post, killing at least 31 soldiers in the restive area in the northeastern corner of the Sinai Peninsula. After the attack, Egypt declared a state of emergency and dawn-to-dusk curfew there. Authorities also indefinitely closed the Gaza crossing, the only non-Israeli passage for the crowded strip with the world.
The buffer zone, which will include water-filled trenches to thwart tunnel diggers, will be 500 meters (yards) wide and extended along the 13 kilometer (9 mile) border.
3. New EU foreign policy chief's first destination: Israel -Times of Israel
The European Union's incoming foreign policy chief's first trip in her new capacity will be to Israel, The Times of Israel has learned.
On November 1, Federica Mogherini will succeed Catherine Ashton as the union's high representative for foreign affairs and security policy. Less than a week later, she is scheduled to arrive in Israel for her first official visit, sources in Jerusalem confirmed Tuesday. Mogherini - currently Italy's foreign minister - will arrive in the region on November 7 and stay for two days. She is expected to also visit senior Palestinian Authority officials in Ramallah.
"It's very important that Ms. Mogherini comes to Israel on November 7. It's her first official visit," said Fulvio Martusciello, a member of the European Parliament from Italy and the new president of its delegation for relations with Israel. Having known her for a while, he believes she understands Israel's many predicaments, he added, but refused to elaborate.
4. EU seeking Israeli clarification on new settlement homes -Times of Israel
The EU said Monday it was seeking Israeli clarification of reports it planned to build another 1,000 homes in annexed East Jerusalem, voicing new concern about the peace process.
If the reports are confirmed, "it will call once again into serious question Israel's commitment to a negotiated solution with the Palestinians," a spokeswoman for EU foreign affairs head Catherine Ashton said.
The European Union could only "condemn such an ill-judged and ill-timed decision" if the plans went ahead, spokeswoman Maja Kocijancic said.
5. Large rise in Palestinian support for armed struggle against Israel -Times of Israel
Support for Hamas and for armed struggle against Israel is gaining popularity in the Palestinian territories, a new survey showed Tuesday, despite languishing rehabilitation efforts in the war-battered Gaza Strip.
The survey, carried out by the Jerusalem Media and Communications Center, shows that as far as local public opinion is concerned, the latest war in Gaza was a victory for Hamas.
Some 57 percent of those polled claimed that Hamas was victorious - a strong majority, albeit far short of the 70% who thought Hamas had won after 2012's Operation Pillar of Defense in Gaza. Only 8% thought that Israel had won.
6. Waqf condemns mayor's visit to Temple Mount -Times of Israel
The Islamic Waqf body, which administers the Temple Mount, on Tuesday condemned Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat's visit to the site earlier in the day, charging that it had not been coordinated.
The visit was "merely for publicity and its political nature is characteristic of [Barkat]," Azzam al-Khatib, head of the Waqf, told AFP.
In a statement, the Al-Aqsa Foundation condemned what it described as the "storming" of the compound by Barkat.
7. Bennett: Obama Administration 'Throwing Israel Under the Bus' -Israel National News
"The United States administration is planning to throw Israel under the bus," Jewish Home chairman Naftali Bennett said on Tuesday night, responding to harsh words against Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu which were attributed to senior officials in the Obama administration.
"Israel is stronger than all those who curse it," said Bennett, after Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic quoted officials in Washington as having described Netanyahu as "chicken ----", among other things.
"The prime minister is not a private individual, but the leader of the Jewish State and the Jewish world as a whole. Serious curses such as these against the Israeli Prime Minister are harmful to millions of citizens of Israel and Jews worldwide," added Bennett.
"Neither the leader of Syria, who has slaughtered 150,000 of his citizens, nor the leader of Saudi Arabia, who stones women and gays, have been called 'chicken ----'. If what is written is true, then the current administration intends to throw Israel under the wheels of the bus," he said.
"Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East, and it has struggled for its existence over the past 66 years. Israel is the vanguard of the free world against the Islamic terrorism of ISIS, Hezbollah, Hamas and Iran," noted Bennett.
Daily Conference Call for the Election
Urgent Prayer to Cover the Elections
Every night at 9:00 p.m. EDT from now through Election Day, Tuesday, November 4th
Dear Friends in the faith,
Please join us every night through Nov 4 at 9pm EST to pray that nothing would hinder people coming out to vote in the upcoming elections. Much is at stake, and if a time of unrest occurs it could very well result in martial law. No one has to explain what that could mean.
The call number is 1-857-232-0156, access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9pm.
Christ is all,
Jerry and Judy Ball
Breaker of Dawn Ministries
Special Conference Call for the Election
Special Conference Call for the Election
Thursday, October 30th, 9:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. EDT
Call Conference Number: 712-432-0075
Access Code: 6149782#
Mute using *6
Sponsored by: PrayerSurgeNow and Family Research Council
Special Guest Rick Scarborough
Founder/President, Vision America
Introducing: Pray the Vote!
Pray the Vote!
Countdown begins Sunday.
Are you ready?
We invite you to visit www.praythevote.org and signup for ten or more minutes for our Pray the Vote 40-HOUR PRAYER COUNTDOWN to the elections. It begins this Sunday afternoon November 2, 2014 at 2 PM and will continue around the clock until the election polls open Tuesday morning at 6 am.
To learn more about Pray the Vote, go here.
(Sponsored by The Presidential Prayer Team)
New! Guidelines for 27 Hours of our Bible Readathon!
Update: 27 Hours of Prayer
Midnight, Thursday night, Oct. 31st to 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 1st, Eastern Daylight time
"In the beginning was the Word . . .
and the Word was with God . . .
and the Word WAS God." (John 1:1)
Conference Number: 559-726-1300
Access Code: 596015#
> > > PLEASE NOTE: OUR CONFERENCE CALL IS NOT A "PRAYER CALL," BUT ONE THAT ALLOWS US TO READ THE WORD OF GOD OVER THE NATION.
For details about this call, please go here.
For the Roll Call of the States, go here.
NEW! GUIDELINES FOR THIS CONFERENCE CALL
We continue to be blessed by the MANY of you out there who have said YES to the invitation to join us as we open up the New Testament and begin reading at midnight on Thursday night all the way through 3:00 a.m. on Saturday morning (EDT). WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Because none of us have ever tried anything like this before, reading the Word of God nonstop over the airwaves, we will need to work hard to extend extra dimensions of grace and courtesy to each other in order to accomplish our goal.
The following are some very simple guidelines we can all use to enhance the Spirit of Unity on this call, and to move in the peace of God.
1. First, please know that we have appointed a wonderful group of saints who will host this call, each one responsible for two hours at a time. They will be on hand to assist you in maintaining a smooth flow of Bible reading.
2. Next, in order to mute all background noise, please press *6 when you join us on this call.
3. Next, please refer to this schedule, to see when your own state will be "prayed over" (read over) during this call.
4. IMPORTANT! At the beginning of each hour, your hostess will call forth the states for that time. If you live in one of those states and would like to read the WORD over your own state, please unmute your phone by pressing *6, and give your name. Your hostess will call on you to read, in turn.
5. By now, so many of you have "reported in," to say that YES, you DO wish to participate in this marathon move of GLORY, we will need to ask each reader to please take only one turn on the call. We do want to encourage as many readers as possible to be heard.
6. Finally, and prayerfully, just RELAX and enjoy this unique WORSHIP EXPERIENCE together. With your own phones on mute, [*6 ], please read along with us for as long as you would like.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY! GREAT THINGS HE HATH DONE!!
The Daily Jot
Why I didn't send Sermons to Houston
I totally get the point of what former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was trying to make--that if lesbian mayor of Houston Annise Parker wanted sermons, let's all send her sermons and Bibles. From October 20 when Huckabee asked "every pastor in America" to send Parker their sermons and everyone watching his FOX news show to send her Bibles, Parker's office has received (according to a spokesperson) between 500 and 1,000 Bibles. Parker responded, saying, "Actually, I think it was a very productive way for folks who disagreed with our legal strategy to express that disagreement, and I'm happy to share the Bibles with those who may want them." In my opinion, an opportunity was lost.
Parker's attorneys have subpoenaed the sermons and some 16 other types of correspondence of five Houston area pastors. She is trying to see if these pastors instructed any of their congregation on how to fill out a petition against the mayor's pro-homosexual agenda. This is totally a violation of the First Amendment and an example of the bullying which has become the hallmark of the gay rights movement (you know, the ones who have bullied people into participating in their anti-bullying campaigns). Peter Kirsanow, a conservative commissioner on the liberal leaning US Civil Rights Commission (a federal government agency), stated Parker's inquest was "an abuse of government power."
In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said (Matthew 7:6), "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Parker has predictably mocked those who sent in their sermons and Bibles, and she has strengthened her resolve (turned again to rend these pastors). Logically, it didn't make sense to me to send Parker exactly what she was demanding in violation of the Constitution of fellow pastors. To me, it makes much more sense to make an example of her that would serve as a reminder to anyone, including the ACLU, who would attempt such a violation of the Supreme law of the land--our Constitution.
Parker should be sued for violating these pastor's Constitutional rights. Furthermore, she should be charged with high crimes and misdemeanors against the Constitution. A team of civil rights attorneys should search every jot and title of the law and hold her accountable in court for every violation thereof. Every pastor in Houston should surround the mayor's office and shut it down until she relents. And if she relents, she should still be tried for high crimes and misdemeanors, sued for civil rights violations, and run out of office by the good people of Houston. Sometimes we need to be more like the Lion than the Lamb.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"I Will Carry You"
by Michael W. Smith
Thank You, Lord, for carrying us through these days, and through these times. Amen.