Vice president pushes for Pakistani President Musharraf's help in stiffened push against Taliban, Al Qaeda militants; issues stern warning on new terrorist safe havens.
• Lord we pray that the media will not be able to hinder Vice President Cheney’s work as he goes around the nations seeking support for our plans in security issues. We pray he will have the favor of God to get the support of those nations in assisting us!
• "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.' (Proverbs 3:4,6) (NJKV)
2. Iraqi President Jalal Talabani in Stable Condition for Exhaustion - AP
Iraqi President Jalal Talabani is in stable condition as he recuperates from exhaustion and pulmonary inflammation at an Amman hospital, the Iraqi ambassador to Jordan said Monday. Talabani, 73, fell ill Sunday and was unconscious when he was rushed to hospital in Sulaimaniyah, his hometown in northeastern Iraq. But he recovered sufficiently to be flown to neighboring Jordan later in the day for extensive examination.
• Lord we pray for healing and full restoration of health for President Talabani. We ask, too, that You will put leaders in Iraq who will work well with the U.S., who will remain faithful in allegiance to us, and who will be able to bring all the people of Iraq together! Pray the gospel will be greatly received among all Iraqis.
• "Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, bearing seed for sowing, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him." (Psalms 126:5,6)
3. Christian right displeased with Republican presidential field - Int'l Herald Tribune
A group of influential Christian conservatives and their allies emerged from a private meeting at a Florida resort this month dissatisfied with the Republican presidential field and uncertain where to turn.
• Lord, just as You raised David, a shepherd boy, to rule, we pray for You to give us a strong, godly, Christian leader as our next President who will not waiver in Your principles and who has Your wisdom on how to lead us.
• "Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah." (1 Samuel 16:13)
4. White House Conducts Drill for IED Attacks Across 10 U.S. Cities - AP
Dozens of high-level officials joined in a White House drill Saturday to see how the government would respond if several cities were attacked simultaneously by the type of the roadside bombs used against American troops in Iraq. President George W. Bush went on a bike ride not far from the White House Saturday morning, and did not take part in the test.
• Lord, You never slumber and You know all things. We pray You will place leaders with Your wisdom in all cities so that we can be prepared for any terrorist attacks on our land or our shores!
• "Choose wise, understanding, and knowledgeable men from among your tribes, and I will make them heads over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
5. Critics Decry 'Jesus Tomb' Claim - AP
Archaeologists, clergymen deride claims in new James Cameron documentary that contradict Christian tenets. "The Lost Tomb of Christ," which the Discovery Channel will run on March 4, argues that 10 ancient ossuaries — small caskets used to store bones — discovered in a suburb of Jerusalem in 1980 may have contained the bones of Jesus and his family, according to a press release issued by the Discovery Channel. And the very fact that Jesus had an ossuary would contradict the Christian belief that he was resurrected and ascended to heaven.
• We know there will always be lying spirits that come against the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and the truth of His resurrection. Pray that these lying counterfeits will be exposed quickly in this situation and that people will be not hear nor pay attention to these lies.
• I will hear what God the Lord will speak, for He will speak peace to His people and to His saints; but let them not turn back to folly. Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, that glory may dwell in our land. (Psalms 85:8,9) Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.(Psalms 40:4)