Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, August 30, 2012
"I will hear what God the Lord will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints . . ." (Psalm 85:8)
The Daily Brief
1. Ryan says ticket won't 'duck the tough issues,' will repeal Obamacare -Washington Times
Capping his meteoric rise to the heights of the Republican Party, Paul Ryan accepted the party's vice presidential nomination Wednesday, saying he considered it "a calling" at a time when the country needs to make tough decisions -- and pledging that he and Mitt Romney won't shirk from them.
- Pray that God will protect and cover this team as we move closer to the election.
- "The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming." [Psalm 37: 12-13]
2. MSNBC cuts every speech made by a minority from RNC speech coverage -MSNBC
MSNBC wants you to think the Republican Party hates minorities. So much so that the liberal news network cut minority speeches from its convention coverage.
- Father, we take authority over this attempt to silence minority voices in Jesus' Name!
- "Understanding will keep you, to deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things." [Proverbs 2:11-12]
3. a) UN chief to Khamenei: Stop threatening Israel - Ynet News
UN chief Ban Ki-moon met Iran's president and supreme leader in Tehran on Wednesday to urge them to take concrete steps to prove the country's nuclear program is peaceful and to use their influence to help end Syria's 17-month conflict.
b) Iran installed 350 new underground centrifuges - Jerusalem Post
A new report to be circulated to IAEA member states later this week is expected to say that Iran installed 350 new centrifuges in its underground Fordow facility since May, AFP quoted Vienna-based diplomats as saying on Wednesday.
- Pray that as the truth is uncovered, the Lord will continue to stand with His chosen people and prevent nuclear catastrophe. Pray that His Spirit will move across the Middle East and bring His enemies to their knees.
- "Then I will say to those who are not My people, 'You are My people!' And they shall say, 'You are my God!'" [Hosea 2:23]
4. a)Hurricane Issac Costs Escalating with over $1 Billion in Losses and Rising -Reuters
Hurricane Isaac has caused up to $1 billion in economic losses for offshore energy properties and up to $1.5 billion in insured losses onshore in Louisiana and neighboring states, disaster modeler Eqecat said on Wednesday.
b) Hurricane Isaac soaks Gulf Coast, tests New Orleans levees - Reuters
Hurricane Isaac drove water over the top of a levee on the outskirts of New Orleans on Wednesday, but the multibillion-dollar barriers built to protect the city itself after the 2005 Katrina disaster were not breached, officials said.
- Father, we all have an opinion on the constant weather upheaval across America and the world, but Scripture is clear that even when judgment is made on a nation, You listen to the cries of Your people. We ask for Your mercy and comfort for the gulf coast, that Your Holy Spirit would move in that area, and that the Blood of Your Son Jesus will blot out the sins of the nation.
- "O, Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy." [Habakkuk 3:2]
5. a) CDC: West Nile cases rise 40 percent in 1 week- AP
Federal health officials say that West Nile virus cases are up 40 percent since last week and are on pace to rival the record years of 2002 and 2003.
b) Unusual earthquake swarm shakes Southern California - Reuters
An unusual swarm of hundreds of mostly small earthquakes has struck Southern California over the last three days and shaken the nerves of quake-hardy residents, but scientists say the cluster is not a sign a larger temblor is imminent.
- Father, we again come before you on behalf of our nation, and stand in the gap for your people. May we stand firmly for righteousness, yet pray for Your mercy and grace in these difficult times.
- "And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows." [Matthew 24:7b-8]
6. Mitt Romney Poised to Accept Nomination Tonight - CHPP
Romney's Vow: 'Jobs, Lots of Jobs' - Fox News
Mitt Romney, in his nomination acceptance speech, acknowledges the "excitement" many Obama voters felt in 2008 but plans to argue the president has failed to live up to the hype -- and pledges to refocus on jobs, "lots of jobs."
"If you felt that excitement when you voted for Barack Obama, shouldn't you feel that way now that he's President Obama?" Romney plans to say, according to excerpts of his speech. "You know there's something wrong with the kind of job he's done as president when the best feeling you had, was the day you voted for him." (Read more)
- According to IRS regulations for non-profit organizations, as a 501 (c) 3 ministry, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners can neither endorse nor oppose any candidate for office. We can, however, pray that the Lord would draw millions of Americans -- including those who are skeptical -- to listen to Mitt Romney's speech tonight, and to hear the message of the Republican Party.
Please pray that nothing would occur tonight that would prevent the American people from hearing this message, and that, during the remaining 68 days of this campaign, all would weigh his or her vote very carefully before casting their ballot. Every vote does count, and every voice does need to be heard. Thank you.
- "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper . . ." (Isaiah 54:17)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Turn us again, O God, and cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!" (Psalm 80:3)
1. Israel court tells settlers to evacuate outpost by Tuesday - Reuters
Israel's high court ruled on Wednesday that the largest unauthorized Jewish settler outpost on occupied West Bank territory must be evacuated by next Tuesday.
2. UN chief condemns Iran for Israel threats, Holocaust denial - Jerusalem Post
Without naming Iran, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon denounced his hosts in Tehran on Thursday for threatening to destroy Israel and for denying the Holocaust.
3. Palestinians shelve move for UN recognition - Times of Israel
The Palestinian foreign minister says the Palestinians are putting their quest for international recognition at the U.N. on hold for now.
The Daily Jot
US backed Muslim Brotherhood's apocalyptic foreign policy
The ramifications of the White House backing the Muslim Brotherhood (MB)in taking over Egypt and other Middle Eastern/Northern African nations are beginning to show, and they do not bode well for American foreign policy. Moreover, the American-backed MB takeover of Egypt appears to be drawing together both Sunni and Shiite Muslim countries in support of the Brotherhood's goal of reestablishing the Islamic Caliphate and ushering in an apocalyptic scenario. For decades, US analysts did not believe the Sunnis and Shiites would unite politically because of their vast differences. But the new leadership in Egypt is reaching out to Iran and her allies in ways that are raising the specter of a united Islam.
Stratfor analysts report that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad invited Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to attend the Non-Aligned Movement summit in Tehran from Aug. 26 and Aug. 31. This is just one example of Iran's several attempts to normalize ties with Cairo. The MB's openness to changing foreign policy direction could provide an opening for Tehran, since the MB has a different political agenda and different political constraints than the former regime. Stratfor says apprehensions are growing in Riyadh, Abu Dhabi and other Gulf Cooperation Council capitals that the Muslim Brotherhood's rise in Egypt will trigger a regional rise of Muslim Brotherhood-type Islamist groups.
David Schenker of The Washington Institute writes that Morsi will visit China (on of Iran's staunchest allies on the UN Security Council) before the summit in Tehran. Morsi seeks investments to enable Egypt to "dispense of loans and aid." Schenker says Morsi wants to resume ties with Tehran and is articulating a newfound ambition to jettison billions in US foreign assistance and financing from Western financial institutions. Morsi's Egypt might offer Chinese warships priority access to the Suez Canal. China might also receive access to American technology in Egypt. Schenker says If Morsi gets his way, improved bilateral ties to Beijing will embolden, if not enable, Cairo to downgrade Egypt's ties to Washington.
The MB's stated goal is to reestablish the Islamic Caliphate to have global rule. Analysts who long said that Sunni and Shiite would never unite are now having to rethink their hypothesis. In the end times, the nations that come against Israel are today Islamic/Arab, Sunni and Shiite. The Bible says the attackers on Israel will unite for a time, but eventually as in Ezekiel 38:21, "every man's sword shall be against his brother." And as the prophecy of Ishmael, Islam's claim to Abraham, in Genesis 16:12, "And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man and every man's hand against him." The foreign policy of the White House is aiding the establishment of the Caliphate--something that will not easily be reversed even with a change in leaders.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
68 Days to Election Day
Rice warns Republicans that US standing in world 'endangered'
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice warned Republicans at the party's convention Wednesday that the "American ideal" is "endangered" and said the country's standing in the world depends on solving problems at home.
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Rice said, is best qualified to "rebuild the foundation of our strength - the American economy."
"Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan understand this reality - that our leadership abroad and our well being at home are inextricably linked," she said. "They know what needs to be done."
"They will provide the answer to where does America stand?'" Rice said.
Without mentioning President Obama by name, Rice, who served under President George W. Bush, hit the current administration for "failed policies" that "cast a pall over the American recovery so desperately needed at home and abroad." (Fox News) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
RNC Has a Prayer Room on the Premises!
[We are praising the LORD today for this report that has come in from friends of the ministry. Even though this is not coming to you from a "reliable," mainstream source, we do not doubt its validity. Join us tonight in offering praise the on-site prayers are being offered on behalf of the Convention tonight, and for the safety of all who are there. In His Name, amen!]
I was listening to AFR (American Family Radio) this morning and their coverage of the RNC. There is a prayer room in the building!
There were 2 ladies that have been asking & pushing for them to have a prayer room in the building and after much effort they finally agreed to it.
The representatives from AFR (American Family Radio) interviewed one of the ladies and they were praising God for the room but they made a specific remark that they were excited about that the room size was 15 X 15, they quoted that this was the same size of the Holy of Holies!!! I'm sad to say I can't recall that specific measurement but you historians that are reading this please reply to me about that. This has to have some Spiritual significance to it.
Also the room was packed out, people of all ages praying for America and for one another. I forget the name of one of the politician's wife who is going through cancer; the ladies laid hands on her and prayed for her healing. God is moving, God is changing us as a Nation if we will listen and choose to change and make a difference.
Just had to share that Praise report.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up,
when I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory,
how far will forgiveness abound?"
And you answer: " My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face,
You'll walk in the pow'r of My daily sufficient grace."