CHPP Daily Brief: Abbreviated Holiday Edition - Wednesday, December 31, 2014
The new Congress will be sworn into
office next Tuesday, January 6th.
Please begin to pray now for each
member. May the Lord's hand rest
mightily upon each one!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief: Abbreviated Holiday Edition
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
Please note: we will now stand down for the four-day New Year's weekend.
The full edition of the Daily Brief will be published again starting on next Monday, January 5th.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
The Daily Brief
1. ISIS Prepares to Attack Israel in North and South Pincer Movement - Breitbart
With ISIS continuing to hold the upper hand in Syria and Iraq, it appears that the terrorist network is planning what military strategists call a pincer movement to attack the Israeli homeland from the north and south. Three Syrian rebel groups switched loyalties to gain ISIS support for attacks on the Israeli occupied Golan Heights, according to a report by the Fiscal Times. ISIS is now able to coordinate with Egyptian ISIS-aligned terror group Ansar Bait al-Maqdis in Sinai to simultaneously pressure Israel's northern and southern borders.
As of Dec. 11, 2014, the total cost of U.S. operations against ISIS since aerial bombing missions began on August 8, 2014 is about $2 billion and the current daily cost is $8.1 million, according to data released by a Pentagon spokesman Commander Bill Urban.
Although the U.S. led Coalition Joint Task Force named "Operation Inherent Resolve" claims to have impacted ISIS command and control, resupply and maneuvering in Iraq and Syria, the number of ISIS fighters is still growing rapidly. No one is claiming that the bombing has slowed down ISIS recruiting of foreign fighters.(Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in heaven, we turn to You for help in time of need. We ask You to place YOUR "pincer movement" of love and justice to bear upon the forces of ISIS, causing them to collapse and face utter defeat. Lord God, ISIS is now threatening the "apple of Your eye," and as such, has NO CHANCE of winning in this strategy. We take up the Word of God, the Sword of the Spirit, and the Hammer of Your truth, and we declare and decree the utter defeat of ISIS as they seek to come against Israel. We decree this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand,
To execute vengeance on the nations
And punishment on the peoples,
To bind their kings with chains
And their nobles with fetters of iron,
To execute on them the judgment written;
This is an honor for all His godly ones.
Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 149:6-9)
2. Leaving Afghanistan, Repeating Iraq - Canada Free Press
You don't have to be a soldier or diplomat to ask whether President Obama's withdrawal of our troops from Afghanistan on December 31 is a good idea or not. Consider what happened when he withdrew our troops from Iraq in 2011. The answer to that is the Islamic State which filled the vacuum left behind. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Afghanistan has a corruption issue that no amount of US troops left on the ground is going to rectify. Abba, we ask for Your hand of protection for all our troops wherever they are stationed throughout the world especially in Moslem countries. We ask that You give our leaders both military and political wisdom, knowledge and understanding of the real situation on the ground. In His Name, we pray. Amen.
- "The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD." (Isaiah 11:2)
3. Ebola case numbers top 20,000, deaths approach 8,000: WHO - Reuters
The number of people infected by Ebola in the three countries worst affected by the outbreak has passed 20,000, with more than 7,842 deaths in the epidemic so far, the World Health Organization said on Monday. (Read more)
- Abba Father, We thank You that Ebola has not attacked the USA. But Ebola is attacking these African countries and we need Your wisdom on how to battle this disease. Abba give insight, wisdom and understanding to our CDC and WHO scientists who are researching Ebola. In His Name, we pray. Amen.
- "For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:6)
4. As families mourn, attention turns to cause of AirAsia disaster - Fox News
While authorities desperately rushed to recover bodies from the crash site of AirAsia Flight 8501 on Wednesday, focus shifted from locating the plane's wreckage to determining the causes behind the disaster that likely killed all 162 aboard. Investigators were turning their attention Wednesday to the flight data and cockpit voice recorders, which will provide clues to what happened during the six minutes between the time the pilot of the Airbus A320-216 last made contact with air traffic control and when the jet dropped off of the radar.
The black boxes can reveal how fast the plane was going before crashing, its altitude, the status of its systems and what the pilots' final words were. Investigators will use this information to reconstruct a timeline of what happened and why. "They want to find out as quickly as they can if this is a mechanical flaw or an issue of a pilot error," Scott Brenner, a former Federal Aviation Administration official, told FoxNews.com. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask that You give wisdom to the air crash investigators so they can determine the cause of the crash. Lord, if it is due to a mechanical failure let it be found out quickly so the problem can be fixed. We also ask for Your mercy and comfort for the families of the deceased. In His Name we pray. Amen.
- "I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship." (Exodus 31:3)
5. US embassy not ruled out in Iran, says Obama - Khaleej Times
Washington - President Barack Obama isn't ruling out the possibility the US could one day reopen an embassy in Iran.
Obama was asked in an NPR interview whether he could envision opening an embassy there during his final two years in office. Obama replied, "I never say never," but said ties must be restored in steps. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we read this headline, we recall the US hostage crisis of 1979 in Tehran, and we cringe in disbelief. Lord God, we ask You to put a stop to this plan in any way possible, so that we not yield to a nation that has become our stated enemy. Once again, holy God, we turn to You for help, for we know not what to do. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare." (Psalm 25:15)
6. Crime Wave Sweeps NYC After Cops Are Murdered - New York Post
It's not a slowdown - it's a virtual work stoppage.
NYPD traffic tickets and summonses for minor offenses have dropped off by a staggering 94 percent following the execution of two cops - as officers feel betrayed by the mayor and fear for their safety, The Post has learned.
The dramatic drop comes as Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and Mayor de Blasio plan to hold an emergency summit on Tuesday with the heads of the five police unions to try to close the widening rift between cops and the administration. (Read more)
- Lord God, we appeal to You in the High Court of Heaven, asking for Your grace to visit and to be upon the law enforcement officers in the city of New York. We ask that Your angels would protect those who are sworn to protect us. We call those things which were not as though they were, and we speak ORDER and PEACE to the streets of New York City and to all cities and towns in our nation. Help us, O Lord, we pray, amen and amen.
- "Yet have regard to the prayer of Your servant and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to listen to the cry and to the prayer which Your servant prays before You today." (I Kings 8:28)
7. Why aren't progressives putting the run to Commies organizing street protests - Canada Free Press
It's time for Mayor Bill de Blasio, the 2008 endorser of his New York City Public Defender candidacy opportunist/ activist Al Sharpton; President Barack Obama, the lawless Eric Holder et al to send an eardrum-splitting message to their protegé protesters: "Stop the hatred bringing on the Cop Killers!" The Revolutionary Communist Party USA is so confident leading the anti-cop mobs that their revcom. us logo appears on the banners and signs carried by protesters doing the looting and burning in Ferguson, MO, in New York City and elsewhere. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap and repent for our country, the USA, of submitting to a spirit of lawlessness and anarchy. Father, we repent of calling evil good and good evil. We bind the strongman of lawlessness and anarchy over America. We silence his voice. We declare that the people of the USA only listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. We declare that we will not bow to lawlessness and anarchy, but only to the Holy Spirit. In His Name we pray. Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20)
8. US finds Israel fourth most 'unacceptable' country - YnetNews
Foreign Policy article examines number of times state department referred to 'unacceptable' behavior this year; Israel ranked between North Korea and Pakistan.
The US State Department described Israeli actions as "unacceptable" 87 times in 2014, with only three countries being more "unacceptable," according to a Foreign Policy article published last week. (Read more)
- O Lord, we are so saddened -- even grieved in our spirits -- to read this report. We stand between this administration and the people of our land, most of whom stand with Israel, support her, and do not find her actions to be "unacceptable" whatsoever. Have mercy, Lord, have mercy we pray, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Let no man deceive you . . ." (I John 3:7)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
(Please note the DOUBLE RAINBOW in this photo. Thank You, Yahweh, for Your promise to Your people!)
1. 'Abbas is just as dangerous as Hamas' - Israel Hayom
Minister Yuval Steinitz suggests dissolving Palestinian Authority if its unilateral bid for Security Council recognition of statehood proves successful * U.S. expected to veto motion * PA threatens to sever security ties with Israel if U.N. rejects bid. (Read more)
2. 'Number of Arabs in Israel, Palestinian territories to outnumber Jews in 2016' - i24News
Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) published Monday its updated annual data ahead of the new year, estimating Israel's population, at the end of 2014, has at around 8,296,000 residents, out of which 6,218,000 are Jews (74.9 percent of the population), 1,719,000 are Arab (20.7 percent) and 359,000 are defined as "other."
During 2014, some 162,000 people were added to Israel's population, a two percent increase in population. (Read more)
3. Video: Now ISIS sets sights on Israel - WND
"A new video issued by ISIS contradicts the oft-repeated claim that the Islamic movement now controlling large portions of Iraq and Syria has no interest in the Palestinian jihad against Israel.
ISIS, which now calls itself the Islamic State after declaring the creation of a new caliphate, vows in the video: 'Allah willing, we will continue to fight against the Israelis and their allies.' (Read more)
4. Turkish PM: Israel 'Reducing the Islamic Character' of Jerusalem - Israel National News
"Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Sunday said that Turkey stands behind the Palestinian Arabs in their efforts to oppose Israeli attempts to 'reduce the Islamic character' of Jerusalem, reports The Associated Press (AP).
Davutoglu was speaking to reporters in the central Turkish city of Konya, a day after meeting with Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal, who is visiting Turkey and on Saturday praised Turkey as a 'source of power' for all Muslims in gratitude to Turkey's leaders for supporting the 'Palestinian cause'. (Read more)
5. BREAKING! Palestinian draft resolution fails in UN Security Council - watch.org
Even if the draft had received the minimum nine votes in favor, it would have been defeated by Washington's vote against it. The United States is one of the five veto-wielding permanent members.
There were eight votes in favor, two against and five abstentions. Australia joined the United States in voting against the measure.
US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power defended Washington's position against the draft in a speech to the 15-nation council by saying it was not a vote against peace between Israeli and the Palestinians.
"The United States every day searches for new ways to take constructive steps to support the parties in making progress toward achieving a negotiated settlement," she said. "The Security Council resolution put before us today is not one of those constructive steps."
"It is deeply imbalanced and contains many elements that are not conducive to negotiations between the parties, including unconstructive deadlines that take no account of Israel's legitimate security concerns," she said, adding that it "was put to a vote without a discussion or due consideration among council members." (Read more)
- Lord God, today we are praising You, Lord Jehovah, for once again delivering Your nation out of the jaws of the wicked. As the nations are gathered around about Israel, You, Lord God, are covering her with Your wings. Thank You, Abba. What a great New Year's gift this is! In the name of Yeshua, amen and amen.
- "At Your rebuke they fled, At the sound of Your thunder they hurried away."
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
2014--the prophetic impact of America
There is not a place in the Bible that literally mentions the United States of America. No doubt that many with Hebrew blood have migrated to America from the Middle East, but America is not the replacement for Israel. Israel is Israel and Jerusalem is Jerusalem. The Bible is a Middle Eastern book, written from a Middle Eastern perspective. Notwithstanding, since the settlers at Fort Caroline, Jamestown, and Plymouth, America arguably has been the bellwether of Christianity and a stalwart light to the world of hope and faith in Jesus Christ. America has played and is playing a pivotal role in prophecy historically reaping the blessings of faith and now beginning to reap the consequences of its falling away.
Leadership is so very important. Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn." While America's leadership began its decline away from God long before this current day, the past six years have seen a precipitous fall from God and his righteousness. The past year was even more accelerated. It seems to have come in two forms--foreign policy against Israel and the consequences in the US. The leadership, which has taken a decisive turn toward the enemies of God by supporting, aiding and abetting the wicked and barbarous Islam, has brought America into a time and place of reckoning.
From support and training of what has become the Islamic State throughout the year to the recent capstone of the president's declaration that Iran could become "a very successful regional power" and that he could see the US reopening an embassy there, a decisive shift in US foreign policy should have become obvious to even the ignorant or low-informed. A keystone in Judeo-Christian eschatology is the nations that are traditionally Islamic come against Israel in the Day of the Lord. Persia, which is modern day Iran, Libya, and Ethiopia (modern Sudan) will follow Gog of Magog, chief prince of Mesheck, and Tubal, which are regions in Turkey to a colossal end time battle with Israel.
The wake of American leadership supporting the enemies of God has created mass killings, beheadings, persecution of Christians, and Jews. Additionally, there is a spirit of division and destruction within our nation. We have experienced individual instances of Islamic terrorism, civil unrest, an influx of every type of undocumented alien crossing our unsecured borders, financial and economic stress, and continued immoral desensitization of just about every debauchery known to man. These are prophetic as well. There are many consequences to turning away from God as found throughout the Bible. America is in the midst of them. They are warning us to repent and turn our hearts to the one true God. America had immense prophetic impact in 2014, and is experiencing the promises associated with that impact.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Beginning the New Year in Repentance
Beginning the New Year in Repentance:
The Testimony of John Mulinde
Saints of God,
We again want to thank each and every one of you for your own faithfulness in prayer during this past year, and in telling others that we are here to serve you. Because we seek to avoid posting our alerts on the social media, we do trust you to spread the word for us!
In seeking Him for an "end of year" message for you, we have come across a riveting testimony given by John Mulinde, the Ugandan evangelist.
This testimony will hold you in your seat until you hear it through . . . the Voice of the Lord to His people as we prepare to enter into the New Year.
This testimony will not "tickle your ears," but instead will drive you to your knees in a depth of repentance unlike any other.
We ask each of you to set aside the time over this holiday weekend to "settle in" and to listen to this testimony on YouTube.
May we each find and know the depths of Father's love for us now, and in the days ahead.
In His Grace,
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to the many of you who have not only responded to my husband's end-of-year appeal, but have also taken the time to write such wonderful notes of appreciation to our team for all we do.
Each one of your messages has truly touched my heart . . .
. . . and with your help, we will now definitely end this year in the black, and beyond.
Jim and I and our Board of Directors all want to say a BIG THANK YOU for your kindness to us. When you "vote" with an offering, we welcome your gift, and we take it as a sign from our Lord and from you that we are, indeed, called to continue in this work.
In His Amazing Grace, and God bless you,
Sara Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom." (Luke 6:38)
A Reminder for your Year-End Giving
A Reminder for your Year-End Giving
Please know that offerings postmarked or given online by December 31st (today) will be recorded as 2014 donations.
An acknowledgment for your total offerings will be sent to you next month.
We thank you again for your gracious support of this work. God bless you.
Now you can also donate online by going here.
Or . . . if you prefer, simplypaste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system: https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift/gift.php?giftid=3B77E058-983E-4415-AA4E-2F82ED1A4DEA#
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
Worship with us now!
Worship Him tomorrow!
Chris Tomlin - I Lift My Hands
And on FRIDAY, we do not publish, so let's worship Him together, once again!
One Thing Remains - Jesus Culture
Worship Him here . . .
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!