Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, December 31, 2012
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
The Daily Brief
1. Secretary Clinton in hospital with blood clot stemming from concussion - Fox News
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been admitted to a hospital in New York with blood clot stemming from a concussion she sustained earlier this month.
Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines says her doctors discovered the clot during a follow-up exam Sunday. Reines says Clinton is being treated with anti-coagulants. She was admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital so doctors can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours.
Reines says doctors will continue to assess Clinton's condition, "including other issues associated with her concussion." (Read more)
- Lift up the medical team at New York Presbyterian Hospital who are caring for Mrs. Clinton, and ask the Great Physician to grant each one His wisdom as they seek to resolve this issue. May she experience a complete recovery from this episode. Amen.
- "By His stripes, we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
2. Graham: Clinton must testify on Benghazi before Kerry's nomination process - Fox News
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton must testify before Congress on the Benghazi issue before the Senate begins confirmation hearings on likely replacement Sen. John Kerry, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday. Graham told "Fox News Sunday" that Kerry, D-Mass., agrees. "He needs to know what (Clinton) says," said Graham, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. (Read more)
- Given the news above, one can only wonder what will happen next. Continue to pray for Ms. Clinton's complete recovery from this blood clot and concussion; and pray that her testimony will be heard the Senate Committee that is requesting this. Pray!
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
3. Reid: 'Significant distance' between sides as fiscal talks stall, carry into Monday - Fox News
Capitol Hill negotiations to avert a fiscal crisis before the New Year's deadline appeared to falter Sunday in the Senate, with Republican leader Mitch McConnell saying he's still waiting for a response to the offer he made on Saturday evening. The stumbling block this time appeared to be a provision in the Republican proposal that would change the way Social Security benefits are calculated.
South Dakota Republican Sen. John Thune said Sunday his party added the provision to ensure that Democrats wouldn't spend the revenue generated by ending tax cuts for some of the country's highest earners. "If Democrats don't like that as an offset, they can come up with something else," he said. (Read more.)
- Prayer Request #1 - for Congress:
Take up th+e Sword of the Spirit and decree an end to this impasse, whereby the two sides seem unable to reach an agreement. GOD has a plan; call it forth! Place Him in the middle of this debate and watch the wall of opposition melt in the Presence of the Lord. Pray!
- "For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father." (Eph. 2:14-17)
- Prayer Request #2: for the White House:
Once Congress reaches an agreement, Obama needs to sign off on it. So far, his attitude has been one of stonewalling ("my way or the highway"), rather than one of negotiation. Take up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and smash this stone wall into smithereens. Call forth a new day for this president -- one in which he will be free to listen to others, and reach the best agreement possible for the American people. Pray!
- "Is not My word like a fire?" says the Lord, "And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?" (Jer. 23:29)
4. 'US drone strike' kills al-Qaeda suspects in Yemen - BBC
At least three suspected al-Qaeda militants have been killed by a US drone strike in Yemen's south-western al-Bayda province, say local officials. The men were reportedly hit as they travelled in a car in el-Manaseh village on the outskirts of Radda.
- Pray against all forms of retaliation from these air strikes. An enemy is an enemy; and we are still at war with al Qaea.
- "There is . . . a time for war." (Ecclesiastes 3:8)
5. Al Qaeda's Yemen branch offers bounty for killing US ambassador, troops- Fox News
Al Qaeda's branch in Yemen is offering a bounty of gold worth $160,000 to anyone who kills Gerald M. Feierstein, the U.S. ambassador to Yemen. According to the Associated Press, the group announced that it will pay tens of thousands of dollars to anyone who kills the U.S. ambassador in Sanaa or an American soldier in the country.
The bounties were set to "inspire and encourage our Muslim nation for jihad," the Al Qaeda statement said, according to the AP. Washington considers Al Qaeda in Yemen to be the group's most dangerous branch. (Read more)
- Pray for the protection of the life of Ambassador Feierstein, and for the troops who are stationed in that region. May God's angels encamp around him to keep him safe. Pray, too, for the safety of his loved ones and of his staff.
- "For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and for Your truth's sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever He has pleased." (Psalm 115:1-3)
1. New Poll Shows Hamas Will Win Presidential Elections - Front Page Magazine
Hamas won the last round of legislative elections and its PM represents the legal gov't of the Palestinian Authority, not Fayyad, who was appointed by Abbas' Western backers. Abbas' rule has been based on an illegal emergency decree that has gone on for six years now. But at some point the PA will need to hold elections. It has held very few of them so far because Fatah is afraid of Hamas. But if Palestinian statehood is approved and legal elections are held, then the Islamists will beat the Arab Socialists just like they did in Egypt. And what then?
2. Egypt to pursue relationship with Hezbollah - Jerusalem Post
In a dramatic policy shift, Egypt will seek to forge "tight" relations with Hezbollah, Egyptian Ambassador to Lebanon Ashraf Hamdy revealed in a candid interview published Saturday in Lebanon's Daily Star. "You cannot discuss politics in Lebanon without having a relationship with Hezbollah," Hamdy was quoting as saying, before describing the terror group as a "real force on the ground" with "big political and military influence."
3. Iran: Navy Begins War Games Near Vital Waterway - New York Times
Iran's naval forces began six days of war games on Friday in the Gulf of Oman near the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow waterway considered vital to international oil tanker traffic.
Focus on Syria
- US, Russia Reportedly Agree to Removal of Assad From Power
- Syrian Rebels Report 18 Cases of Chemical Attacks
- Russian Forces Take Syrian Chemical, Biological Weapons Under Control
- Jabhat Al-Nursa's Plans for a New Syria Under Sharia
1. US, Russia Reportedly Agree to Removal of Assad From Power - Times of Israel
The United States and Russia reportedly agreed to a measure by which Syrian President Bashar Assad would step down after 21 months of violent insurrection, and a transitional government would assume power, Arabic newspaper A-Sharq Al-Awsat cited opposition group members saying on Saturday. According to the report in the London-based paper, the US convinced Russia to change its stance on Syria during high-level diplomatic meetings in Dublin and Geneva. Moscow reportedly consented to tell Assad that he could either step down in an orderly transfer of power and receive international protection, or that his safety would not be guaranteed and negotiations for a transition government would be held without him. Read more. (Read more)
- Father, we ask for a peaceful transition in Syria. May Assad realize his fate, and step down peacefully. We pray thy kingdom come, thy will be done for the new government in Syria. Protect the people of Syria. In Jesus name.
- "Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another,agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you." (2 Corinthians 13:11)
2. Syrian Rebels Report 18 Cases of Chemical Attacks - Ynet News
A day after reports surfaced of a mysterious gas being used by the Syrian regime, rebels are claiming it was not the first time chemical weapons were employed by Assad's army. "The opposition recorded 18 separate cases of chemical weapons attacks in the outskirts of Damascus, idlib, Homs and Hama," said Free Syrian Army official Louai Muqdad.
In an interview with the London-based al-Sharq al-Awsat, he noted that the gases used in Homs were used there for the first time but did not provide proof for his claims. On Monday, opposition elements reported that seven people were killed from gas inhalation in Homs. Al-Jazeera reported that dozens were hurt in the EL Biadia neighborhood. According to the reports, the victims suffered from nausea, muscle laxity, blurry vision and shortness of breath. Read more.
- Father, protect the people from these chemical attacks. We pray confusion on Assad's army. May this army be as nothing and perish. In Jesus Name.
- "Behold, all they who are enraged and inflamed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; they who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish."
( Isaiah 41:11)
3. Russian Forces Take Syrian Chemical, Biological Weapons Under Control - DebkaFile
The chemical warfare threat looming over Syria's civil war and its neighbors has taken an epic turn with the announcement by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov Saturday, Dec. 22, that "the Syrian government has "consolidated its chemical weapons in one or two locations amid a rebel onslaught and they are under control for the time being." He added that Russia, "which has military advisers training Syria's military, has kept close watch over its chemical arsenal." Debkafile's military and intelligence sources report: The Russian foreign minister's statement was a message to Washington that the transfer of Syria's weapons of mass destruction to one or two protected sites was under Russian control. This had removed the danger of them falling into the hands of the al Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra ,which had come ominously close Friday, Dec. 21, when the Islamists spearheaded a Syrian rebel assault for the capture of the al-Safira military complex and Bashar Assad's chemical and biological stores. Read more.
- Father, keep these chemical weapons from the hands of Al Qaeda or the Muslim Brotherhood. May the truth be revealed if Russia really has control of the weapons. We speak peace to this turmoil. Maneuver the circumstances to keep these weapons in safe hands.
- "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."(Ephesians 6:10-20)
4. Jabhat Al-Nursa's Plans for a New Syria Under Sharia - Digit Journal
Jabhat Al Nusra has emerged as the most powerful fighting group amidst the Syrian rebel opposition. The Islamist group has outlined its plans to impose sharia law once President Assad is ousted.
Sheikh Abu Ahmed, military commander of Jabhat Al Nusra, spoke with a reporter from the National. The Salafist leader said: "Our first goal is to get rid of Assad. Then we want a state where the Quran is the only source of law. Sharia is the right path for all humanity - all other laws make people unhappy." His vision of Syria under sharia is sure to make the populace happy, with alcohol, tobacco, cinema and immoral television shows banned. Ahmed claimed the people "will get used to it eventually."
Al Qaeda has endorsed Al Nursa as the purest Islamic group in Syria. Read more.
- It now looks like another nation in the Middle East will succumb to the grip of sharia law in its land. Continue to lift up the remaining Christians in that nation for their safety and security -- even if this must be provided by divine intervention. Nothing is too difficult for God. Pray!
- "Nothing is impossible for thee!" (Jer. 32:17)
Please Pray for Maine
Same-sex couples marry in Maine for first time
The first gay and lesbian couples to wed under Maine's new same-sex marriage law exchanged vows early on Saturday in a series of spare but joyous civil ceremonies held shortly after midnight in the only state to welcome such nuptials solely by popular vote. (Toronto Sun) Read more.
- One week after the first gay couples were "legally" married in the State of New York, New York City got hit with Hurricane Sandy. Please pray for God's mercy to be upon the people of the State of Maine, and for this wicked piece of legislation to be nullified in a court of law. Pray!
- "Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb." (Psalm 37:1,2)
Good News from Michigan
Governor signs new law for abortion clinics in Michigan
Michigan's Republican governor on Friday signed into law new rules for abortion providers that supporters say will protect the health of pregnant women but critics say will shutter clinics and restrict access. The law signed by Governor Rick Snyder increases state oversight of abortion clinics and establishes a screening protocol to make sure women are not being forced to get an abortion. (Reuters) Read more.
- Offer praise to the Lord for this new law in Michigan that will serve to protect the lives of the unborn. Praise God!
- "Rejoice in the Lord always . . ." (Phil. 4:4)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Hospital Staff Marvel at "Miracle" Mom
Crown Point, IN)-The staff at Franciscan St. Anthony Health are calling 25-year-old Stacy Martinez's recovery from an amniotic embolism following a C-section "very much a miracle."
When Martinez's heart stopped, it was estimated that the mother's chances of survival was about 40 percent.
According to a report in NW Times, one nurse, Kim Federico, was so convinced Martinez was a walking miracle that she had a "Believe" sign made for the mother to hold during a recent "tearful" reunion with the nurses.
The report also notes that nurses Jessica Jenkins, Kelley Thompson and anesthetist Jason Ramaker were so worried after they stabilized Martinez and saw her transported to the University of Chicago hospital that they had difficulty eating and sleeping.
Martinez's husband Jason, a U.S. Combat medic, was said to have marveled at the number of people praying for his wife.
"We've always had a strong faith," he said. "What happened has made it stronger. So many people I don't even know, cared so much."
Source: Staff - NW Times
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
"ADONAI Ori" The L-RD is My Light
Sung in Hebrew; translated into English
This video is dedicated to Israel, a tiny nation struggling to survive; an island surrounded by enemies breathing out lies and threats of destruction. The Holy One of Israel swore by Himself. He keeps His Covenants even when we are unfaithful. Mashiach na! He is our Strong Defender. "Ad mai, ADONAI??"
PSALM 17, "ADONAI Ori (The L-RD is My Light)" Music Video. This worship video features the new song by Christene Jackman, "ADONAI Ori (The L-RD is My Light)", Psalm 27. The lyrics, written by King David, are sung in Biblical Hebrew with the melody composed by Jackman.
Listen and worship here . . .
Happy New Year, everyone.
Our God reigns!