Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name, I said,
'Here am I, here am I.'" (Isaiah 65:1)
ANNOUNCING: NATIONAL CONFERENCE CALL PRAYER SUMMIT
TOGETHER FOR THE PERSECUTED CHURCH 5/31
Saturday Morning, May 31, 8:00-11:00AM Eastern
Connect using 712-432-0075, access code 6149782#
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. I.R.S. Bars Employers From Dumping Workers Into Health Exchanges
- New York Times
Many employers had thought they could shift health costs to the government by sending their employees to a health insurance exchange with a tax-free contribution of cash to help pay premiums, but the Obama administration has squelched the idea in a new ruling. Such arrangements do not satisfy the health care law, the administration said, and employers may be subject to a tax penalty of $100 a day - or $36,500 a year - for each employee who goes into the individual marketplace. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that the entire insurance situation that was attacked a couple or three years ago be restored back to normal as the God of heaven reveals to the world that Obamacare was destroyed when it was turned into sawdust and fell on the floor at Jesus' feet when He dissolved it forever. Guide Americans to find adequate insurance that the Lord will provide. In Jesus' Name.
- "I will abundantly bless their provision: I will satisfy the poor with bread." (Psalm 12:15)
2. Star-Spangled Petition: Saving the National Anthem - CBN
There's been a move afoot in recent years to replace "The Star-Spangled Banner" as America's national anthem with something less aggressive and involved with war. (Read more)
- My father, forever secure the Star-Spangled Banner as our National Anthem. Let no power on earth or with man be strong enough to crush this wonderful root of solid national landmarks that is embedded in our heritage. As a country under God, we have stood for the truth of the Almighty God since our beginning. Thank You, Father, for removing evil hands from this great Anthem and cover it with the Blood of Jesus to preserve it forever. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "Remove not the ancient landmark, which our fathers have set." (Proverbs 22.28)
3. European Parliament set to usher in first neo-Nazis - Times of Israel
Though no stranger to controversy or diatribe, the European Parliament is set to usher in its first fully-fledged neo-Nazis members, from Germany and Greece. (Read more)
- Father, the days are becoming more and more evil and the hearts of men seek to cover the land with darkness and death. Cover our land with the Blood of Jesus and let the neo-Nazis never gain power in America. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them: for their heart studies destruction and their lips talk of mischief." (Proverbs 24:1-2)
4. Ukraine Helicopters Strike Rebel-Held Airport - YahooNewsUK
Ukrainian government helicopters have launched an unprecedented airstrike against pro-Russian rebels who seized an airport terminal in the eastern city of Donetsk, with reports of civilian casualties. (Read more)
- Father, we are saddened to hear of civilian casualties and pray no more innocent blood be shed in the Ukraine. Strengthen the Ukrainian government to fight for what is right and secure the safety of the airport terminal and the borders of Ukraine from the Russian rebels. Let the voice of the God-fearing president of Ukraine blow the trumpets and let it be known that the rebel powers will not stand, but will be taken down and defeated. In the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "Fret not yourself because of evil men, neither be envious at the wicked; for there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out." (Proverbs 24:19-20)
5. Iran's ayatollah: Jihad will last until America is wiped out - Washington Times
Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the era of negotiation of Tehran's nuclear program has ended and that those who wanted to deal with America - which he said must be destroyed - are guilty of treason. (Read more)
- Lord God, the voices of the evil leaders are like sounding brass and tinkling cymbals. They are powerless against the mighty voice of God in heaven. We ask that Iran's nuclear program become stagnant and ineffective. We pray that the wickedness in Iran be overcome with the righteousness of God. Move upon Iran and its leaders with miraculous jaw-dropping power to knock them off their feet. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint." (Proverbs 25:19)
6. Pope Francis goes off script in Jerusalem and calls Muslims 'dear brothers' - Washington Times
Pope Francis kicked off his Monday with a swing through the Dome of the Rock, a holy spot for three religions - Christianity, Judaism and Islam - and a call for universal peace, his signature message. (Read more)
- This pope can no longer hide his true agenda: to befriend the "Palestinians" and to overrule the sovereignty of Israel by his own hand. The mask has come off; the facts are now laid bare. Ask our Lord to forgive this pope, for he knows not what he does. By coming against the apple of God's eye, he is coming against the Most High God Himself. Pray that the eyes of other world leaders now be opened to this agenda, and not come into alliance with it. Pray.
- " . . . For then I will remove from your midst Your proud, exulting ones, And you will never again be haughty On My holy mountain." (Zeph. 3:11)
7. Nigerian defense chief claims abducted schoolgirls located - Fox News
Nigeria's defense chief says the country's military has located nearly 300 schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamic extremists, but cannot go in with force to free them, The Associated Press reports. (Read more)
- Offer praise for this good report and call forth the resources needed to rescue these girls and to finish this job. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)
8. Russia and China join forces in "de-dollarization" of currency reserves - Worthy News
According to the statement made by Vladimir Putin during his recent visit to Shanghai, Russia and China have reached an unprecedented level of cooperation that encompasses aspects ranging from energy trading to military drills. Moreover, the Russian President suggests that the two countries are working together in order modify the existing practices regarding currency reserves management. Washington should be very concerned. (Read more)
- In the name of Jesus, we come against all alliances that would hurt the US, Israel, or Christian interests in the world. Father, was ask that You would give our leaders wisdom to deal with these developments and motivate them to make America once again a leader in the world for financial strength and for good. Forgive us for turning our backs on You.
- "Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of me. Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake." (Isaiah 54:15)
9. Iran calls to destroy nuclear capacities of US, Israel - Times of Israel
Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier-General Hossein Dehqan said Sunday that discussion about the destruction of the United States's and Israel's nuclear weapons capabilities should immediately follow current talks with the international community on Iran's nuclear program. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we see our leaders being disrespected even though the US is still a very powerful country militarily. We pray for our leaders to not yield to any ridiculous terms put forth by those who hate us and that they will counter such conditions with resolve to stand strong against this proposal. Lord, bring a flood of the Holy Spirit to Iran now!
- "The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him, For He sees his day is coming." (Psalms 37:12,13)
10. White House blows cover of CIA chief in Afghanistan - USA Today
The White House accidentally blew the cover of the top CIA officer in Afghanistan Saturday, when his name and title were released in an e-mail sent to reporters who traveled with President Obama on his surprise visit to Bagram Air Field. (Read more)
- Oh, Lord, how we pray this kind of thing will not happen again! Please protect this "outed" agent. We pray that You will keep a watch on the White House staff so that the intelligence forces will be respected for what they do and the secrecy they need will be given special care.
- "He said, 'They are my very own people. Surely they will not betray me again.'" (Isaiah 63:8)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I will betroth you unto Me forever. Yes, I will betroth you unto Me in righteousness, in judgment, in covenantal love, and in mercies. I will even betroth you unto Me in faithfulness, and you shall know YHWH." (Hosea 2:19,20)
1. Netanyahu: 'Jerusalem is the heart of the nation. We'll never divide our heart.'
"Jerusalem is the heart of the nation. It will never be divided," Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said. He spoke on Tuesday night, at Yeshivat Mercaz HaRav Kook, to mark the anniversary of the capital's reunification, 47-years ago. From 1948 and until the Six-Day War in 1967, the city was split between Israel and Jordan.
2. What language did Jesus speak? Bibi and the Pope Disagree
Pope Francis carried out a headline-grabbing three-day tour of the Holy Land, visiting refugees, hugging clerics and honoring the victims of the Holocaust. But perhaps the most interesting moment of the trip came during an exchange with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at a meeting in Jerusalem. The Israeli premier and the pope found occasion for a slight historical quibble.
3. Temple Mount Clash on Jerusalem Day
Israeli police clashed with stone-throwing rioters on the Temple Mount for a second day in a row Wednesday morning, police said
4. Israel Approves Plan Toward Becoming World's First Cashless Society
A special committee headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's chief of staff, Harel Locker, has recommended a three-phase plan to all but do away with cash transactions in Israel.
5. Hamas and Fatah agree on make-up of unity government, name ministers
Rival Palestinian factions Fatah and Hamas agreed on the make-up of a national unity government on Tuesday in the most significant step yet toward healing their seven-year rift.
6. Israeli TV Captures Rare Footage of Children at Jenin Terror Rally
The next generation of Palestinian terrorists were filmed and interviewed during a terror rally in Jenin, a Palestinian refugee camp in the West Bank, by Israeli TV channel 2.
The Daily Jot
The Occupant's rant against freedom
According to the occupant of the Oval Office, the reason his initiatives on amnesty for illegal aliens, taxes for climate change, health care, and school children are failing is the two-party system. The "president" wants hegemony--complete supremacy--over the political process. At a May 22 fundraiser in Chicago, he focused on blaming Republicans for the gridlock and failure for his presidency to get things done, yet the underlying theme of his remarks was more about a one-party political system where his "reasonable" proposals "from the left" can be passed, funded, and implemented without question. His philosophical position on government is no less than anti-American.
When The Daily Jot covers topics such as rights to privacy, free speech, religious freedom, and government becoming as God, many people just hit the unsubscribe button. They don't want to hear it; don't believe it; don't want to deal with it. Unfortunately, all too often many Christian Americans seem to minimize the impact of government in their lives, saying we are of a heavenly government and we should not be involved in such nationalistic efforts. Citizenship in the kingdom of God and in the United States of America, however, is not mutually exclusive. That is, it is not "either-or." If citizens of the kingdom of God were demonstrating proper citizenship, the nation would have Godly leaders and good government.
Because the vast majority in this country who claim to be Christian have not exercised good citizenship in the kingdom of God, we have a president elected largely by the ungodly, and he behaves as such. He told the fundraiser in Chicago: "So the problem ... is not that the Democrats are overly ideological-because the truth of the matter is, is that the Democrats in Congress have consistently been willing to compromise and reach out to the other side. There are no radical proposals coming out from the left." He said, "What's broken right now is a Republican Party that repeatedly says no to proven, time-tested strategies to grow the economy, create more jobs, ensure fairness, open up opportunity to all people."
This president philosophically subscribes to the Islamic Marxist form of government. It is evident in his rhetoric and his actions. This is not only anti-American, it is anti-God. We as Christian Americans must decide whether it is worth it to us to keep our nation or allow it to fall into darkness. There is this tipping point where it is up to the people to determine how they will live. Self determination is by the hand of God. There are those out there, the president and his disciples, who want to determine your life for you. As Joshua said in Joshua 24:15, "Choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." God is a God of Freedom, but if he wants it for us more than we do, then he will surely honor our choice. Another way to put it: do you choose God or government imitating God?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pay Attention To England
Note To GOP: Pay Attention To England
Mainstream political parties suffered stunning defeats throughout much of Europe in last week's elections for the European Parliament. One of the most notable insurgent victories occurred in England, where the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) finished first.
It succeeded in large part because it was rebelling against Great Britain's Conservative Party which is no longer a Thatcherite party. UKIP's victory marked the first time in more than 100 years that one of England's two major parties failed to win a national election.
Prime Minister David Cameron has been unwilling to take on the immigration crisis, and like some in the GOP here, he tried to appeal to youth by endorsing same-sex marriage. After that endorsement, faith-driven resignations all over the country bedeviled the Conservative Party. Later on Cameron admitted, "If I'd known what it [the reaction to his same-sex marriage position] was going to be like, I wouldn't have done it."
How on earth did the leader of the Conservative Party not know that attacking an institution that dates back thousands of years would not go over well with conservative, morally-oriented voters?
I share this with you because GOP leaders don't need to speculate about what will happen if they surrender or "moderate" on issues like immigration and marriage. All they have to do is look at what has happened to England's Conservative Party.
Meanwhile, our friend Bill Kristol at The Weekly Standard argues that Republicans should not assume 2014 will be a "wave election" and that the GOP must stand for something.
Kristol writes, "The basic fact of 2014 is that GOP candidates are going to have to earn their victories. They can't simply dog-paddle in place, or sit on their surfboards, waiting for the wave to sweep them to triumph. They'll have to make the case for themselves and against their opponents, and will have to explain what policies they'll advance in Congress that would improve the status quo."
He's right. Conservative candidates who want to win must make the case for smaller government, for the sanctity of life and traditional marriage, for a strong national defense and a smart foreign policy. Making the conservative case to voters is more likely to generate enthusiasm at the base that will make 2014 the wave election we hope for. (Gary Bauer)
Obama, Democrats And Racism
Obama, Democrats And Racism
Sparks flew during a Senate Commerce Committee hearing last week when the committee's chairman, Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), said that Republicans opposed Obamacare because Barack Obama was "the wrong color." It was the second time in recent weeks that Rockefeller has leveled that charge and Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) had had enough.
"That you would say that opposition to Obamacare necessarily must stream from some inherent racism? Very offensive," Johnson said. "Listen, my opposition to health care has nothing to do with the race of President Obama. It is the greatest assault on our freedom in my lifetime." You can watch the exchange here.
You can expect to hear more statements like Rockefeller's in the days and weeks ahead. There is a sad history of Democrats playing the race card and especially so when their electoral prospects are not looking so good. It is a disgusting attempt to prey on people's fears and scare minority voters to the polls.
This weekend, CNN's John King reported that some members of Congress are "scathing" in their private remarks about Obama. They say he is "detached," "flat-footed" and "even incompetent."
If such comments came from conservatives, it would be cited as evidence of their racism. But the criticism is coming from Democrats, and no one is suggesting that they are racists. (Gary Bauer)
Kansas Sheriff Surrenders to Hamas
Kansas Sheriff Surrenders to Hamas
Sedgwick County (Kansas) Sheriff Jeff Easter cancelled scheduled Counterterrorism Training in Wichita this week after Hamas (dba CAIR) and local Muslim Brotherhood organizations - Islamic Society of Wichita, Muslim Students Associations, and others - put pressure on the Sheriff.
Sources inside local law enforcement offices also hint the FBI may have pressured the Sheriff as well. As has been reported here, here and here, the FBI has been using prominent U.S. Muslim Brotherhood organizations as liaison partners including Hamas (dba CAIR), and has actually given awards to senior Muslim Brotherhood leaders including the leader (Imam Magid) of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) which was identified as being a financial support mechanism for Hamas in the largest Hamas trial ever successfully prosecuted in U.S. history (US v Holy Land Foundation, Dallas, 2008).
[Source: Understanding the Threat] Read more here.
Thailand Government Overthrown
Government of Thailand Overthrown,
USGOV Warns Americans to Steer Clear
On multiple occasions this week AlertsUSA subscribers were notified this week via text messages to their mobile devices regarding what started Monday as a declaration of martial law in Thailand and which has since evolved into a military coup. The events have unfolded after 6 months of increasingly violent and destabilizing protests over political infighting and government corruption.
Following bitter meetings on Wednesday and early Thursday between the rival political factions and Thai military representatives, the Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army is reported to have slammed his hand on the negotiating table in anger and stated, "I have decided to seize power.?
Since that time, a nationwide curfew has been put into effect from 10PM to 5AM. The Thai constitution has been scrapped with the exception of a section recognizing the King as the head of state. The Commander in Chief of the Royal Thai Army has assumed the responsibilities of acting Prime Minister and has ordered all radio and TV stations, including satellite and cable, to cease broadcasting their own content and to simulcast the Army TV station, Channel 5, in order to prevent the spread of misinformation. Schools nationwide have been ordered closed until at least Monday and a strict ban on public gatherings numbering more than 5 people has been put into effect. Shots have been fired by Thai Army soldiers in order to disperse crowds and border crossing points with Laos have been sealed so as to prevent political antagonists from fleeing the country.
There have been 11 previous coups as well as seven attempts in Thailand since the end of the country's absolute monarchy in 1932. (Threat Journal) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Ugandan Doctor Shares Miracle Testimonies:
His Wife Was Healed of Breast Cancer After God
"Performed Surgery" on Her
"I had a visitation from the Lord. He came to me with so many angels singing wonderful Handel's Messiah type of music and I had never heard that type of music in this world anywhere and they were singing that 'the King is coming, the King is coming!'" -Dr. Lamech S. Lumala
(Sofia, Bulgaria)-It was quite a gathering in the Sofia, when 240 doctors and medical professionals from 38 different countries came to the Bulgarian capital city for a unique conference during which they explored whether miracles still happen today and, if they do, to provide medical data to prove them.
The 11th Annual World Christian Doctors Network (WCDN) Conference was held at the Sofia Balkan Hotel (May 9-10, 2014), and these Christian medics gathered to "Glorify the Great Physician" and discuss "Medicine, Science and Spirituality."
During my stay in Sofia, I was able to meet with some of the extraordinary medics who attended including Bishop Dr. Lamech S. Lumala, a former dental surgeon, who is now pastor of Showers of Blessing Church in Kampala, Uganda, and practices divine healing with his wife Peninnah, wherever they go.
"It was back in 1986 when I was invited to an evangelical meeting and, during that gathering, the POWER of God came upon me just as it came upon Apostle Paul on his way to Damascus," Dr. Lumala recalled. "At that moment, the Lord said to me, 'Lamech, your ways are not My ways.' It was then that I raised up my hands and I cried out to God and I gave my life to the Lord. From that day my lifestyle completely changed up to now.
"I had worked for the government for 10 years and then I had set up my own private practice back in Kampala City on Martin Road near the Kampala Moslem Mosque for nine more years," he said. "After that conversion time, I was very thirsty for the Word of God and I studied The Word of God, went to conferences and Bible schools, and the Word of God just sunk in me and I got into the presence of God.
"Then one day I had a visitation from the Lord. He came to me with so many angels singing wonderful Handel's Messiah type of music and I had never heard that type of music in this world anywhere and they were singing that 'the king is coming, the king is coming!'
"So God then lifted me up and took out of my spirit like a little kitten in his hands and spoke things to me and called me into ministry and then pushed my soul back into my body. And, from that time, I've been trying to see what God has for my life. Then one day, God told me 'I want to show you My supernatural divine healing power. You have been healing people using your head knowledge, but now I want to show you My super human divine healing power.
"Then my wife Peninnah had contracted breast cancer, and while we were in America, they analyzed it and did a mammogram and we discovered that the cancer was real. During the night, we had a visitation from the Lord who woke me up at 3:00 AM to start praying for her as she was sleeping. As I did, I immediately saw a vision. It was something like a yellow light jelly moving from her body. She then testified that she was feeling something enjoyable moving in her breast. And then she woke up and said, 'what is happening Lord?' She felt that still voice of the Lord telling her, 'I'm operating on you. You are now being healed, and so from now on go and pray for other people so they too will be healed.' She did just that and so many people got healed completely." (Assist News Service)
Reported by: Breaking Christian News. (Read more here.)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
FIRST NOCTILUCENT CLOUDS OF THE SEASON
Data from NASA's AIM spacecraft have shown that noctilucent clouds (NLCs) are like a great "geophysical light bulb." They turn on every year in late spring, reaching almost full intensity over a period of no more than 5 to 10 days. News flash: The switch has been flipped. "The first NLCs of the northern hemisphere season appeared on May 24th," reports Cora Randall, AIM science team member at the University of Colorado.
Last year, for reasons that are not fully understood, noctilucent clouds appeared earlier than usual. In 2014, however, "we are having a fairly normal start," says Randall. "Since AIM was launched in 2007, we have seen start dates typically ranging from May 15th to May 27th, with four seasons (like this one) getting underway between May 24th and May 27th."
If this season follows the pattern of earlier seasons, the small wispy patches pictured above will grow into a magnificent ring of electric-blue clouds in 5 to 10 days--that is, by the first week of June. Then the geophysical light bulb will be fully aglow. (SpaceWeather.com) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Awakening" - Chris Tomlin
Like the rising sun that shines
From the darkness comes a light
I hear Your voice say
This is my awakening