Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, May 29, 2014
"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' (Isaiah 65:1)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Is Libya Now a Terrorist Stronghold?
State Department calls for all US citizens to leave Libya - Worthy News
The State Department Tuesday urged all U.S. citizens to immediately leave Libya due to security concerns. (Read more)
- Father, this is the inevitable result of foolish foreign policies. We pray Your mighty protection over Americans and other western people as they exit this dangerous region. May You move like the wind through these terrorists and change their hearts.
- "The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound of it, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it goes . . ." (John 3:8)
2. Obama signals reset in US foreign policy, urges against 'military adventures' - Fox News
President Obama, in a commencement address at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, signaled a significant shift in U.S. foreign policy -- one that pulls back from what he described as "military adventures" while wielding American power in other ways. (Read more)
- Lord, our troops dying in battles on foreign soil are not "military adventures." We pray for our military, that they might soon have a leader of courage and strength instead of one that is sold out to other interests.
- "You have scattered My flock, and driven them away, and have not cared for them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, says the Lord." (Jeremiah 23:2c)
3. Dershowitz: Hate Speech Laws a 'Dangerous Trend' - Newsmax
Democratic Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts has introduced legislation calling for the government to investigate "hate speech" on broadcast, cable, and Internet outlets - a bill that is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates and constitutional experts. (Read more)
- Lord we pray that You will stop this legislation from becoming law.
- "The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them." (Proverbs 11:3)
4. Lawsuit Alleging IRS Discrimination Against Pro-Israel Groups Moves Forward - Washington Free Beacon
A lawsuit alleging that the IRS discriminates against pro-Israel groups will be allowed to move forward, a federal judge ruled this week in Washington, D.C. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that this continual discrimination against Your people will be put to an end.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you . . ."
5. US Marine held on gun charges hires new lawyer - Fox News
The U.S. Marine who for two months has sat in a Mexican jail cell following his arrest for mistakenly crossing the border with registered guns in his pickup, fired his attorney before appearing at a hearing Wednesday for allegedly telling him to lie to authorities, Fox News has learned. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that Sgt. Tahmooressi will be released and his weapons returned to him. We ask Your healing power over his wounds from this imprisonment, and Your touch to heal his mind from the experience.
- "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me . . . to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound." (Isaiah 61:1)
6. Directive outlines Obama's policy to use the military against citizens - Washington Times
A 2010 Pentagon directive on military support to civilian authorities details what critics say is a troubling policy that envisions the Obama administration's potential use of military force against Americans. (Read more)
> > > (Note: Please also see The Daily Jot, below, for more information on this news.)
- Lord we continue to be grieved over this President's hatred of American citizens. Help us to rise up against these destructions of freedoms and rights that our Founding Fathers gave to us in the Constitution.
- "Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? Who eat up My people as they eat bread and call not upon the Lord? God is in the generation of the righteous."
7. Is a new state coming? Voters in California contemplate forming new state - ABC News
Residents of California's largely rural, agrarian and politically conservative far northern counties long ago got used to feeling ignored in the state Capitol and out of sync with major urban areas. (Read more)
- Lord, such movements are not just found in Northern California, but in various places across the nation, and even in Southern California. People are becoming fed up with the state of the nation. We ask Your strength, Your power, Your protection over the American people.
- "If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)
8. Hundreds of vets not on official wait list at Phoenix VA facility, preliminary report finds - Washington Times
A preliminary report released Wednesday found "serious conditions" at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs facility, including hundreds of veterans who were never placed on an official wait list and faulty scheduling practices that meant some veterans would never see a doctor. (Read more)
- Father, we can't comprehend the suffering of these men and women who have given their lives for our country. We ask Your healing touch upon them.
- " . . . all they that had any sickness and diverse kinds of diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on everyone of them and healed them." (Luke 4:40)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I will betroth you unto Me forever. Yes, I will betroth you unto Me in righteousness, in judgment, in covenantal love, and in mercies. I will even betroth you unto Me in faithfulness, and you shall know YHWH." (Hosea 2:19,20)
1. PA Says No Peace Without Jerusalem as Capital of Palestinian State
The Palestinian Authority on Wednesday reiterated its position that east Jerusalem is the capital of the Palestinian state.
2. Is the Vatican Hoarding Second Temple Treasures?
The Vatican is evading questions on whether or not it is holding religious artifacts from the Second Temple, Rabbi Yonatan Shtenzel said on Wednesday, in what he calls "diplomatic evasion."
3. Palestinian Unity Government Runs into Problems
Differences between Fatah and Hamas may delay the formation of a Palestinian unity government and its announcement by PA President Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian sources said Wednesday.
4. Islamists at Al-Aqsa: Liberate Jerusalem from 'Jews Filth' (Video)
Hizb ut-Tahrir, an Islamic organization which aims to have all Muslim countries unify as an caliphate ruled by Islamic law, held a mass rally at the Al-Aqsa Mosque last week, in which members of the group called upon the army of Pakistan and the Islamic nation to liberate Jerusalem from "Jewish filth".
5. Allahu Akbar: Arabs Riot on Temple Mount (Video)
Mobs of Arab rioters Wednesday intimidated Jewish worshippers, attacked police officers and caused the closure of the Temple Mount, Judaism's holiest site.
6. Israel threatened by U.S. after rejecting call to attack Syrian advance
The United States has launched a campaign against Israel in wake of its refusal to attack Syria.
The Daily Jot
President authorizes military force against citizens
The occupant of the Oval Office has authorized military force against American citizens in Department of Defense Directive 3025.18, issued on December 29, 2010. The directive assumes presidential authority for the use of force "to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances" and to give civil authorities "Assistance in responding with assets with potential for lethality. This support includes loans of arms; vessels or aircraft; or ammunition." Bill Gertz of The Washington Times, whose investigative efforts uncovered the edict, reports that the directive coincides with a buildup of military units within non-security-related federal agencies. A threat to civil liberty? Read on.
The directive states that lethal force may be used against citizens when: "(1) Such activities are necessary to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order; or, (2) When duly constituted Federal, State, or local authorities are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for Federal property or Federal governmental functions. Federal action, including the use of Federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect the Federal property or functions." This begs the question: Is the White House "undermining civil liberties under the guise of counterterrorism and counternarcotics efforts"?
The Daily Jot has been documenting stories of federal agencies, such as the IRS, buying ammunition and weapons. Gertz confirms: "Other agencies with SWAT teams reportedly include the Department of Agriculture, the Railroad Retirement Board, the Tennessee Valley Authority, the Office of Personnel Management, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the Education Department. The militarization of federal agencies, under little-known statues that permit deputization of security officials, comes as the White House has launched verbal attacks on private citizens' ownership of firearms despite the fact that most gun owners are law-abiding citizens."
The military build up of non-military federal agencies combined with the White House push for disarming and vilifying citizens is too systematic to be coincidence. From 2009 to 2012, the Department of Homeland Security issued three reports, each profiling gun-owning Christian conservatives as possible terrorists and right-wing extremists. Put two and two together and you have a government granting itself authority to use lethal force on civilians "to protect federal property or functions." The federal government does not own property, the people do. This White House is using your tax dollars to build a tyranny against you. This is criminal and unjust. As Peter and the Apostles said in Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey God rather than men." All law originates from God. An unjust law is no law at all. This directive is not law, and it is unjust.
Read the DOD Directive here:
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Victory for Islam in Oklahoma
Victory for Islam in Oklahoma
Feds Force Oklahoma to Overturn Anti-Sharia Law & Pay Islamists $303,333
The US government has forced the state of Oklahoma to overturn its anti-Sharia bill, after a Muslim man named Muneer Awad sued the state for supposed violations against "freedom of religion."
CAIR also played a role in subverting the bill. Adam Soltani of CAIR said:
Sharia is the moral code of conduct for Muslims, and that includes certain aspects of laws, like marital laws, divorce, inheritance, wills. . . it encompasses part of that, but it's also the moral code of conduct.
The state of Oklahoma must now pay $303,333 to Awad for legal fees, costs and nontaxable expenses. The money is going into the hands of Muslims because the lawsuit was done by CAIR, a Muslim jihadist organization of Islamic lawyers. Awad himself is a lawyer and the executive director for CAIR. The state of Oklahoma is paying money right into the pockets of Muslims. (Freedom Outpost) Read more here.
Economic Freedom v. Big Government
Rahn: Economic Freedom versus Big Government
Do you think there would be more jobs, less poverty and higher real incomes if government was 60 percent or 18 percent of gross domestic product? Fortunately, a global economic-growth experiment has been underway for more than a half-century. Some countries have opted for the big-government model, others for the small-government model. Based on the data, the small-government crowd wins. (Intercessors for America)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Annual Defense Authorization Bill Passes The House With Religious Liberty Provision
"Despite two years of Congressional efforts to affirm a service member's freedom to practice and express their faith in the military, confusion over the scope of that freedom persists, particularly in the Air Force. Noting that confusion's detrimental effect on troop morale, Congressman Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) introduced an amendment to the House version of the Fiscal Year 2015 National Defense Authorization Act which calls upon the Department of Defense and the Air Force to issue clearer regulations regarding religious expression. Last night, the House unanimously approved that amendment and today the House passed the overall Defense authorization bill (H.R. 4435) by a bipartisan vote of 325 to 98. "
(Source: Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Alaska wildfire keeps growing after evacuations
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Officials said that possible rain forecast this week in Alaska could help crews gain control over a massive wind-whipped wildfire that forced dozens of people to flee to shelters and move some of their animals to safety at rodeo grounds.
The Funny River Fire in the state's Kenai Peninsula covered nearly 248 square miles as of Monday morning and was 30 percent contained, according to the Alaska Interagency Interagency Management Team.
No injuries or structure damage has been reported, officials said.
Authorities on Sunday ordered the evacuation of 1,000 homes and other structures in the sparsely populated area 60 miles south of Anchorage - Alaska's largest city, where haze from the fire has lingered for days.
The human-caused fire was sparked May 19 in the 1.9 million-acre Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.
(KOIN TV) Read more
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"I Am The God That Healeth Thee" - Don Moen