Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, May 15, 2014
"Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?"
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Judicial Watch Obtains New Documents Showing IRS Targeting Came Directly From Washington D.C. - Judicial Watch
(Washington, DC; May 14, 2014) - Judicial Watch today released a new batch of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents revealing that its handling of Tea Party applications was directed out of the agency's headquarters in Washington, DC. The documents also show extensive pressure on the IRS by Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) to shut down conservative-leaning tax-exempt organizations. The IRS' emails by Lois Lerner detail her misleading explanations to investigators about the targeting of Tea Party organizations. (Read more)
- Lord we come to you to ask protection for all of Your people against the continual siege by not only the IRS, but all other hostile federal agencies.
- "They shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of you." (Micah 7:17c)
2. Amid Protests, FCC Advances Net Neutrality' Regulations - Fox News
The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday moved forward with new regulations regarding so-called net neutrality, voting to advance rules that could have far-reaching implications on how Internet content is delivered and how much consumers pay to have it delivered.
The new regulations, if approved after a four-month period of comment and review, could allow big Internet service providers such as Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Verizon (NYSE: VZ) to charge more for faster and more efficient delivery of content. (Read more)
> > > See also: an opinion piece about this ruling, "FCC to cripple the Internet." Go here.
- Step by step, the stranglehold of tyranny keeps advancing upon us. The internet is its next target. Stand in the gap for our nation, and ask our Lord to forgive these FCC Commissioners, for they know not what they do. Freedom of speech is guaranteed in our Constitution; pray that in the end (after the 40-day comment period has ended), this ruling will be overturned. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Therefore prepare yourself and arise, And speak to them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed before their faces, Lest I dismay you before them. For behold, I have made you this day A fortified city and an iron pillar, And bronze walls against the whole land- Against the kings of Judah, Against its princes, Against its priests, And against the people of the land. They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you," says the Lord, "to deliver you." (Jeremiah 1:17-19)
3. Rep. Smith: Obama's HHS Rule Means 'We Will Punish You, We Will Hurt You - Even Put You Out of Business' - CNS News
The Obama administration's health care mandate requiring nearly all Americans to carry insurance that covers sterilization, contraception, and abortion-inducing drugs without co-payments is the administration "saying we will punish you, we will hurt you" and "even put you out of business" if you do not comply, said Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.). (Read more)
- Father, the Federal Government's corruption and intimidation is running out of control. We ask for Your Holy Spirit to bring conviction to this administration. We pray that whatever You must do to remove the federal overreach from our country, You will do it.
- "But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, and the unfaithful will be uprooted from it." (Proverbs 2:22)
4. Reid opposes Obama court pick - Fox News
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of the Obama administration's staunchest allies in Congress, announced his opposition Thursday to Michael Boggs' nomination to the federal bench, dealing a strong if not fatal blow to the former Georgia state lawmaker's confirmation hopes. "Somebody should have looked a little more deeply into his record," Reid said of Boggs, who faced sharp questioning at a recent confirmation hearing into his past support for state proposals to post information online about doctors who perform abortions and to keep the Confederate battle emblem on the Georgia flag. (Read more)
- Well . . . the Spirit of the Lord is moving quickly these days! We were just about to post this nomination as a prayer request, asking that the Senate not hear it; and Harry Reid has just taken care of that for us! God bless Harry Reid! Now that his heart is beginning to soften and to turn away from evil and towards good, pray that this process will continue in his life and in his heart, until he comes to the full knowledge of Jesus Christ as his own Savior, and as His Lord. Praise the Lord.
- "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:1-4)
5. Operation American Spring to hit D.C. to oust Obama, Biden, Boehner, Holder - Washington Times
A group of self-described revolutionary-style patriots with a million mobilized militia members are heading to downtown Washington, D.C., this week to bring a simple message to political leadership, from President Obama to House Speaker John Boehner: Get out. (Read more)
- Lord, many of those going to this are American veterans, and ordinary people who simply want their country back. The terms "patriot" and "militia" are painted by the press as wacky when they are not. We ask for peace, for protection of those who simply seek to restore our nation to its roots.
- "He who gathers in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame." (Proverbs 10:5)
6. Hospital Employee Ordered to Remove "God Bless America" from Email Signature - Worthy News
A hospital that stirred nationwide outrage for ordering a military veteran not to say "God Bless America" in his e-mails has now implemented further restrictions. (Read more)
- Father, the mere mention of Your Name brings the wickedness of man against us. We pray for this man, that You will protect him, and bring true justice to his situation.
- "The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming." (Psalm 37:12-13)
7. Parents Protest National Common Core Standards - CBN
At least 20 states are questioning a new set of national education standards known as the Common Core. (Read more)
- Lord we ask that You continue to remove this godless education curriculum from our midst!
- "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." (Proverbs 18:10)
8. Warren Buffett Gave Enough to Abort All of Chicago - CBN
The Media Research Center's Culture and Media Institute discovered that Buffett gave roughly $1.2 billion to abortion groups around the world between 2001 and 2012. (Read more)
- Lord we ask that You bring conviction to Warren Buffett, that he would use his vast resources for people rather than against them. If he will not, then we ask that every plan that he creates fall to the ground, and his money be taken from him and given to Your people.
- "With your wisdom and your understanding you have gained riches for yourself, and gathered gold and silver into your treasuries . . . because you have set your heart as the heart of a god, behold, therefore I will bring strangers against you . . ."
(Ezekiel 28 4,6,7a)
9. Sudan: Pregnant Christian Convicted of Apostasy, Adultery - ICC
As the U.S. Celebrated Mother's Day, a Christian carrying her second child to term has been convicted of adultery and apostasy, penalties that are punishable in Sudan by 100 lashes and death, respectively, according to International Christian Concern. (Read more)
- Lord we continue to lift up this situation and ask for strength for this woman, mercy over her life and mercy for the life of her unborn child.
- "Have mercy on me, O Lord! Consider my trouble from those who hate me, You who lift me up from the gates of death, that I may tell of all Your praise."
(Psalm 9:13, 14a)
10. U.S. releases satellite images of Russian forces near Ukraine - Reuters
The U.S. government released new satellite pictures on Tuesday which it said showed Russian forces were still near the Ukrainian border in recent days, contradicting Russian assertions they had been withdrawn. (Read more)
- Father, the deceit in the world right now is massive. We ask Your mighty hand over the Ukraine and all those who belong to you within her borders.
- "By this I know that You are well pleased with me, because my enemy does not triumph over me." (Psalm 41:11)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
1. Netanyahu: I won't give up on peace, we don't want binational state
- Ynet News
Israel isn't ready to give up on the peace process with the Palestinians despite the collapse of US brokered negotiations at the end of last April, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in an interview with Japanese publication Mainichi Shimbun during his state visit to the country on Tuesday.
2. Kerry and Abbas meet for first time since peace talks collapsed - Ynet News
US Secretary of State John Kerry met late Wednesday in London with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas for their first face-to-face talks since the peace process collapsed last month, US officials said. Abbas also meet with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
3. Hagel arrives in Israel to discuss security - Jerusalem Post
US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel arrived in Israel on Wednesday and is due to meet Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon for bilateral defense talks on strategic and Middle East regional security issues.
4. Islamic Jihad reveals its SAMs in the Gaza Strip, prepares for 'confrontation' - World Tribune
An Iranian-sponsored militia has displayed surface-to-air missiles. Islamic Jihad has exhibited anti-aircraft and anti-tank weapons in the Gaza Strip.
5. Israel allows sex changes for 18-year-olds - Times of Israel
Israel has lowered the minimum age to be approved for a sex change from 21 to 18.
6. One in four adults worldwide are anti-Semitic, survey says - UPI
The survey included 102 countries representing 88 percent of the world population, and asked if 11 traditionally anti-Semitic attitudes were true or false. Those stereotypes include whether Jewish people have excessive power over international markets and the global media, whether they are about only "their own kind," and whether "Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars." (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Boko Haram attacks again, do you care?
The Islamic terrorists Boko Haram, who are holding the world at bay with the kidnapping of over 200 Nigerian school girls, attacked another three villages last week. This time, it didn't go so well for the al Qaeda linked group. Villagers had formed vigilante groups, counterattacked and killed some 200 terrorists, according to News Africa. This is a pattern that takes place because the government is either too weak or too timid to go after these nomadic Islamists. The same thing happens in Ghana, next door to Nigeria, when the Fulani move against a village. It is what our ministry in Africa is trying to prevent using the sword of the Spirit and the Word of God. The challenge is, Will you even read the rest of this Jot?
It's a difficult fight because they are poor and black, and unless there is an international incident, like the kidnapping of school girls and threatening to sell them into sex slavery, it's generally a ho-hum moment to the public. Three years ago, I stood in front of a village that had been subdued by the Fulani (nomadic peoples roaming from Nigeria who practice the Boko Haram philosophy of proselytism and jihad). I wanted to do an on-camera report about how the Fulani came into the village, demanded conversion to Islam and submission to the tribe. We were noticed right away. I had no script, so it took several takes, with my ministry partner William nervously holding the camera and encouraging me to hurry up.
A couple of "probers" were sent to see what we were doing and we jumped in the vehicle and sped off. William took my video and sent it to some folks he knew. Not long after, the Ghana military rounded up some of the Fulani and put them in a camp "for their own protection," meaning the government was actually protecting the surrounding villages. There is no telling how many men, women and children the Boko Haram and Fulani have slashed to death with machetes over the recent years. Two things I can tell you: The Islamic influence in sub-Sahara Africa is growing exponentially and with that, brutality is routine. Also, you look into the eyes of those children affected by the Fulani and you will never say no.
William texted me yesterday: "What role should the Nigerian government and the international community play in stopping the atrocities of Boko Haram? This question has gone viral. In much the same way, we in Ghana are asking Daily Jot readers: how best can you support us in stopping Boko Haram;s operations from spilling over to Ghana? We need your help financially and otherwise." Daily Jot readers have been generous in supporting our efforts to place pastors in rural villages and assist them with food, clothing, Bibles, etc. This work is dangerous, and it is never finished. It is very real as lives are on the line each day as we take the "the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God . . . that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:17-19)."
We appreciate your support and prayers. Please remember us.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
You can support the Daily Jot with an online offering bygoing here.
Majority Oppose HHS Mandate
Majority Oppose HHS Mandate
A new FRC-commissioned national survey shows that a majority of Americans remain fixed in their opposition to the HHS mandate, disagreeing with the government measure that requires Americans to participate in providing procedures that violate their religious beliefs.
The 53% who oppose the Mandate cross age, income, party, gender, and ethnic lines. Meanwhile, three hundred plaintiffs filed 96 lawsuits against the HHS Mandate, which requires all employers who provide employee health insurance (except some exempted for political reasons) to include free coverage for contraceptives and sterilization, including the abortifacient "morning after" pill. Cases were filed by 48 non-profit groups and 48 for-profit businesses.
Considering the merits of the cases, courts have granted 21 injunctions to non-profit groups to prevent the administration from imposing fines against them and have denied one. Among for-profit groups, 34 injunctions have been granted and 6 were denied. Ten cases have been dismissed on procedural grounds and 14 are awaiting court decisions on their requests for an injunction. (Source for this item and the intercession below: FRC Prayer Targets)
- May God guide the U.S. Supreme Court to rule in favor of Hobby Lobby, and all employers whose faith is violated by the HHS Mandate! May Obamacare be overturned!
- " . . . let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." (Daniel 3:18)
Marriage War Update
Marriage War Update
- Tuesday, Idaho U.S. Magistrate Judge Candy Dale ruled Idaho's Marriage Amendment unconstitutional, overruling 63% of Idahoans who had voted in favor of man-woman marriage.
- Late last Friday, Sixth Judicial Circuit Judge Chris Piazza overruled 75% of Arkansas voters who in 2004 ratified their state's Marriage Amendment.
- Yesterday, a three judge panel in Virginia's U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit heard arguments over a District Court Judge's decision to overturn Virginia's Marriage Amendment, ratified by 57% of voters in 2006. The effort was promoted by newly elected Attorney General Mark Herring (D).
- Courts in Utah, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Texas, Michigan, and Ohio have also recently struck down marriage laws.
- The ACLU and collaborators have targeted all states that hold to natural marriage. Billionaire Tim Gill has dedicated millions of dollars to overturn marriage laws in the Bible Belt.
(Source for this item and the intercession below: FRC Prayer Targets)
- May God stir His people to speak the truth in love and to stand up to public officials who seek to destroy Biblical marriage! May the Same-Sex Marriage Trend be reversed and may natural marriage proponents prevail in the courts and legislatures.
- "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Lev. 18:22)
Over 60 members of the North Dakota legislature have written Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, asking him to appeal U.S. District Judge Daniel Hovland's ruling that the fetal heartbeat law they passed is unconstitutional. They hope the case will make its way to the U.S. Supreme Court and reopen Roe v. Wade. U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) hopes to see action on his Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) promised to consider "take a look" at it. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) also hopes to pass new measure that would pre-empt state laws requiring medical tests before receiving the morning-after pill and abortions.
Blumenthal and other abortion advocates can see that the pro-life movement has tremendous momentum. Between 2011 and 2013 more pro-life bills were signed into law than during the previous decade. Last year 70 pro-life bills were introduced in 22 states. By March 31 of this year, 303 pro-life bills had been introduced in 38 states; three had been enacted; and 36 had passed one chamber. A January 2014 Marist poll found that 84% of Americans think abortion should be restricted. (Source for this item and the intercession below: FRC Prayer Targets)
- May the pro-life message continue to gain momentum in the states and in Washington! May God and His people propel each pro-life effort, stop the pro-abortion efforts, and ultimately overturn Roe v. Wade!
- "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man." (Gen. 9:6)
News from the IPT
News from the IPT: The International Project on Terrorism
9/11 Museum Film's Critic Says Jews Killed Jesus
During a news conference Wednesday which cast aspects of a film about al-Qaida at the new 9/11 museum as prejudiced toward Muslims, a speaker invoked the anti-Semitic claim that Jews killed Jesus. Talat Hamdani, whose son Salman Hamdani was a Muslim New York Police Department cadet killed on 9/11, said religion often is overlooked in other historic crimes.
"Who crucified Jesus?" she said. "Do we ever question that? Bring in the fact that not only the Romans but there were Jews who crucified Jesus?"
Jewish groups say the claim that Jews killed Jesus is one of the strongest messages fueling violent anti-Semitism. The State Department has cited similar statements in its annual reports on Global Anti-Semitism. Though it is still a widely-held belief, Pope Benedict wrote in 2011 that Jews were not responsible for the crucifixion.
No one at the news conference tried to correct Hamdani's statement or walk it back. (Read more)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Muslim converted through amazing dream
Nabeel Qureshi was born in the U.S. to Pakistani immigrants. Raised by very observant Muslims, he became an advocate and staunch defender of Islam. Then he met a Christian in college who quickly became his best friend. The two frequently debated theology, causing Qureshi to begin questioning the foundations of his faith.
After graduation, he began praying regularly, asking God to show himself. As he told the Christian Post, "I remember in the Quran it says, 'Allah hears those who call out to him.' In the Bible it says, 'Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened.'" So he asked the "God of the Quran and God of the Bible" to show him which was real.
By the time he finished his first year of medical school, he had a vision and three dreams in answer to his prayer. Dreams are especially significant to Muslims, who do not expect to be able to commune with God, but ask for guidance in their dreams. Qureshi cites Islamic tradition in which Muhammad taught that "the dreams of the faithful are prophetic" and that "dreams are 1/46th of revelation."
One dream was especially significant and involved his college Christian friend: "I was standing at the threshold of a strikingly narrow door, watching people take their seats at a wedding feast. I desperately wanted to get in, but I was not able to enter, because I had yet to accept my friend David's invitation to the wedding. When I awoke, I knew what God was telling me, but I sought further verification. It was then that I found the parable of the narrow door, in Luke 13:22-30. God was showing me where I stood." As a result, he made Christ his Lord.
(Source: The Denison Forum on Truth and Culture) Read more here.
In this testimony, Qureshi says he asked the "God of the Quran and God of the Bible" to show him which was real. And God revealed Himself to him. This is the exact same question that our dear friend, and another former Moslem, cried out . . . which also led to his conversion.
Please agree with us today, and come before the Throne of Grace on behalf of the multitudes who are still slaves to Islam. Father God, please move upon their hearts to ask this same question:
"GOD, ARE YOU THE GOD OF THE QURAN OR THE GOD OF THE BIBLE?"
We thank You, Lord, that as they ask, You WILL answer. In Your name, amen.
Verse to decree:
"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' (Isaiah 65:1)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Partially Parched: Half of US Is In Drought
Half of the United States is experiencing drought, according to the latest numbers from the U.S. National Drought Monitor. The drought is deepest in California and the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles, according to the latest drought map, released May 8. Most of California is in extreme or exceptional drought, and triple-digit heat was returning to Texas and Oklahoma, according to Mark Svoboda of the National Drought Mitigation Center, who penned a report on recent drought conditions.
"This is not the recipe for recovery as the calendar pushes toward summer," Svoboda wrote of the heat in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles. "What winter wheat wasn't damaged or killed off by recent hard freezes was left to bear the brunt of the heat and dryness this week, with little in the way of relief on the horizon." (Yahoo News) Read more here, including a map of the drought in our nation.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS
Interesting with fireworks behind the lyrics. Well, we get excited about other events, so why not Jesus?
The lyrics are simple and we all know them:
King of kings and Lord of lords
King of kings and Lord of lords
Jesus, Prince of Peace
Jesus, Prince of Peace
Worship Him now!
" . . . and a little child shall lead them." (Isaiah 11:6)