Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 5, 2014
"May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples with equity and guide the nations of the earth." (Psalm 67:4)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Boehner to Appoint Benghazi Select Committee - Newsmax
House Speaker John Boehner will schedule a vote to create a select committee to investigate the Benghazi attack. Boehner says the Obama administration misled the American people after the deadly attack in 2012. And he says emails released this week show that it withheld documents from congressional investigators.
"In light of these new developments, the House will vote to establish a new select committee to investigate the attack, provide the necessary accountability, and ensure justice is finally served."
A senior Republican aide told The Associated Press the speaker may choose Republican Congressman Trey Gowdy of South Carolina to chair the select committee. (Read more)
- We offer praise for this decision by House Speaker John Boehner, and we ask that every shred of evidence that will bring light to the exact circumstances that led to the Benghazi disaster be revealed. We ask for justice, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!"
2. Supreme Court green lights detention of Americans - WND
A decision by the U.S. Supreme Court means the federal government now has an open door to "detain as a threat to national security anyone viewed as a troublemaker," according to critics. The high court this week refused to review an appeals court decision that said the president and U.S. military can arrest and indefinitely detain individuals. The firm of William J. Olson, P.C., which filed a friend-of-the court brief asking the court to step in, noted that not a single justice dissented from the denial of the request for review. "The court ducked, having no appetite to confront both political parties in order to protect the citizens from military detention," the legal team said in a statement to WND. "The government has won, creating a tragic moment for the people - and what will someday be viewed as an embarrassment for the court." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it appears that we, as citizens of the United States, have seriously been betrayed by our Supreme Court Justices. At face value, we have no other means of appeal to be sure that our rights to habeas corpus and other civil liberties be defended in a court of law, so we now appeal to the High Court of Heaven for mercy. We repent for the actions of our nation and for each one of us. We seek Your mercy, Father, and we ask that a way be made for these rights to be restored to our people. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
3. MERS virus arrives in Midwest from Middle East - Chicago Tribune
Two years after it first cropped up in the Middle East, a potentially fatal respiratory illness arrived in the United States aboard a jetliner that landed at O'Hare International Airport 10 days ago. The news that Middle East respiratory syndrome, or MERS - a virus that by one estimate has killed roughly a quarter of the relatively small number of patients confirmed to be infected by it - is on U.S. soil quickly triggered investigations by federal and state health authorities. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, what this article reports is not surprising considering how interlinked the world has become. We ask You to abide and direct the federal and state health authorities how to contain and handle any repercussions from this exposure to MERS, for the safety of all. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
4. Legal Expert Warns of Home-Grown Jihadi Threat - WorldNetDaily
U.S. Muslim: 'The only reason we don't destroy you is because we aren't as powerful as you'
A legal expert whose work includes religious rights is warning that America needs to recognize the threat of jihad before it's too late. "Under Obama, we refuse to call what happened at Fort Hood terrorism and try to blame Benghazi on a video," said Mathew Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel. "This administration is absurd. Obama will go down in history as the president who most jeopardized our national security," he said.
Staver said one "cannot negotiate with terrorists," the "only thing they understand is force and superiority." "If you are not superior to them and they detect a weakness, they will exploit it and overpower you and destroy you . . . they will destroy anyone who does not support Islamic beliefs," he said.(Read more)
- Abba Father, we fall before You and ask that You awaken all who will listen to this intensely serious threat to our lives and future. We have experienced how our governmental leaders have previously failed in addressing the seriousness of this threat reported in this article. Direct us, Father, in how to respond and what to do in the face of this threat, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion." (Joel 3:21)
5. Dr. James Dobson Calls Out President Obama - Eagle Rising
Dr. James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, has long been a leader in the Christian social conservative movement. In his speech during the National Day of Prayer on Thursday he may have introduced himself to a whole new generation of people to lead. Dr. Dobson used some of the strongest language from a Christian leader against a politician that we have heard in a very long time.
At the prayer day event, where he was one of several speakers, Dobson described how Obama said he would become the abortion president. "He has made it so that every American will have to pay toward the support of abortion," he said, noting the $250 million in taxpayer funds that already goes toward Planned Parenthood's funding. He implored listeners to "keep fighting." "We can win. And keep prayer because that's what really made a difference here." (Read more)
Note: for more news about the National Observance of the National Day of Prayer, please go here.
- Abba Father, we ask You that You awaken Your people, causing them to hear these words spoken on the National Day of Prayer, so that they will take it into their spirits and reflect it in their lives. We ask You, Father, to keep fully protected by Your special angels Dr. Dobson and all Christian leaders who speak out against the killing of the innocent. Father, surround them and their families, pouring Your special strength and encouragement into them, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." (Deuteronomy 30:19)
6. Portion of building collapses in Northwest D.C. - WTOP Radio
WASHINGTON -- A portion of a building collapsed Friday afternoon in Northwest D.C. The second floor of the building, on the 400 block of K Street, collapsed onto the first floor around 3 p.m. There are no reports of injuries, according to Tim Wilson, a spokesman for D.C. Fire and EMS. Wilson says they aren't sure whether or not anyone was inside the building at the time of the collapse, noting that two nearby buildings may also be affected. A nearby strip club - the Cloakroom - was evacuated, NBC 4 reports. (It was also reported elsewhere that men were jumping out of the windows of the second-story building to escape the collapse.) ( Read more and see photos here.)
- Heavenly Father, since this happened in the time of the National Day of Prayer and following the Day of Repentance, we are not sure if this is a response or not, to that repentance and prayer. However we give You all the praise and ask that the strip club and any other questionable use of these buildings be permanently shut down. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "But He said, 'The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.'" (Luke 18:27)
7. Mexican Military Repeatedly Invades the USA - Obama Does Nothing
- KVOA News 4, Tucson, AZ
Residents along the border with Mexico have reported dozens, even hundreds of incursions by Mexican troops on to American soil. There have even been reports of Mexican soldiers drawing down on American Border Patrol and federal agents, as well as your average American citizen. Sen. Coburn ordered the Homeland Security Department to produce answers into the Mexican Army incursion by early February. A senior senate aide tells KVOA News 4, as of this week, the agency hasn't responded to the senator's demand. Silence and inaction seem to be par for the course in the Obama administration. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is another situation of one nation's military violating the sovereign rights of another nation. Per this article, it appears that Sen. Coburn asked for an accounting of why this is not being addressed by the US administration. Have mercy Father, confronting all who need to be confronted, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Help us, O God of our Salvation, for the glory of Your name; and deliver us, and provide atonement for our sins, for Your name's sake!" (Psalm 79:9)
8. Alabama Court's Ruling Promises to Topple U.S. Supreme Court Opinions and End Abortion! - Faith and Freedom Foundation
Dealing a massive blow to the constitutional fraud of Roe v. Wade, Alabama's Supreme Court RECOGNIZED THE PREBORN CHILD IS A PERSON.In an 8-1 decision, the court rendered a cornerstone verdict that the word "child" in that state's chemical-endangerment statute applies to the born and UNBORN.
This is a "game-changer" because to be a person is to be protected, regardless of material circumstance or accidental characteristics - yes, even in the womb - by a series of God-given and constitutionally acknowledged rights. (Read more)
- Offer a great chorus of PRAISE to our King of All Kings and our Lord of all Lords for this great victory in the State Supreme Court in Alabama. Let its repercussions for LIFE now resonate all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, until Roe v. Wade is, indeed, overturned. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand . . . To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord." (Psalm 149:6,9)
9. Ukraine broadens offensive against insurgents as military observers released - Reuters
At least 42 people were killed in a street battle between supporters and opponents of Russia in southern Ukraine that ended with dozens of pro-Russian protesters incinerated in a burning building, bringing the country closer to war. Pro-Russian rebels in the east freed seven European military observers on Saturday after holding them hostage for eight days, while Kiev pressed on with its biggest military operation so far to reclaim rebel-held territory in the area. The riot in the Black Sea port of Odessa, ending in a deadly blaze in a besieged trade union building, was by far the worst incident in Ukraine since a February uprising that ended with a pro-Russian president fleeing the country. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask you to be in the midst of this escalating situation. We ask that You keep Your special people and Your remnant people safe in these actions. We know that You know the truth hidden in men's hearts and what motives and purposes are being acted upon in these confrontations. Direct our prayers, Father! We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all nations." (Psalm 82:8)
10. Peace talks set for South Sudan - or will new nation face global sanctions? - Fox News
SOUTH SUDAN, the new nation supposed to be a key US foreign policy victory, is on the verge of collapse - with Secretary of State John Kerry scrambling to convince warring government and rebel leaders to uphold a cease-fire, threatening sanctions if peace talks break down and violence continues. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we are so sad to learn of the escalating violent confrontations occurring in this new nation. So many of the people in this new nation paid such a high price as they fled for their lives to be part of this new nation and to have this new hope. Now, instead of a hope filled new life, it is turning into further ugliness. Father, expose what the true issues and concerns are, directing Your people to be involved in prayer or direct action, so that resolutions are found. May this nation thrive and not just collapse. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God!" (Psalm 83:1)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident." (Psalm 27:1,3)
1. Iranian diplomat: Israel sole obstacle to nuclear weapons-free Mideast - Jerusalem Post
Iran's deputy permanent representative to the United Nations has blamed Israel as the sole obstacle for "a Middle East free of nuclear weapons." Iranian media reported on Saturday.
2. Netanyahu links Holocaust to Iran's suspected nuclear ambitions - Fox News
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu opened the country's annual memorial day for the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust by issuing a stern warning Sunday to the world to learn the lessons of the past and prevent another Holocaust.
3. Abbas calls Holocaust 'single greatest tragedy in modern-day history' - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas called the Holocaust the "single greatest tragedy in modern-day history" during a meeting with a visiting American rabbi in Ramallah on Sunday.
4. Kerry apologizes for 'apartheid' remark about Israel - Washington Examiner
Secretary of State John Kerry apologized Monday night for using the phrase "apartheid state" during a closed-door meting to describe what Israel could become if both sides fail to agree on a two-state solution in the Middle East.
The Daily Jot
Socialist transition seen in declining US employment
Ever wonder how liars figure and figures lie? Here is just one example--unemployment. As the US is transitioning from the free market to government socialism, the economy has taken a hit. We have seen it in housing, in food prices, in gas prices, but there are few indicators that show just how bad things are (and quite frankly how bad they are going to get) than employment numbers. The government has figured out a way to lie to you about them so that it just doesn't sound as bad as it is. But if you have a job, be thankful to the Lord because more than 92 million Americans--over a third of the workforce--don't have jobs and have given up on finding one. That's why unemployment dropped from 6.7 to 6.3 percent.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not count people who no longer are looking for a job as unemployed. Last month, the number of Americans no longer in the workforce rose to a record 92,594,000. These are folks who couldn't find a job and gave up looking, or decided to retire. So when you hear those politicians toot their horns on jobs by saying unemployment has dropped during their tenure, don't stand too close--their noses may grow so fast you may get injured. Unemployment is going down because people are no longer counted in the workforce--not because they got a job. In fact, the federal and state governments employ over 8 million people--5% of the participating workforce.
Connecting the dots between statistics from the Bureau of Labor, Commerce Department, and Health and Human Services reveals big trouble. The total available labor force is 246.8 million. Only 154 million are participating in the workforce. Over 92.5 million have given up on having a job. Some 9.8 million of the 154 million are unemployed. Total unemployment, therefore, is 41.5% or approximately 102.3 million people, roughly a third of the US population. As of January 1, over 65 million were receiving Welfare, Food Stamps or Unemployment. So we have 144 million people (the employed labor force) supporting over 65 million plus another 37 million teetering on the edge of government assistance. If things don't change, all of us who work soon will be supporting our own family AND someone else's who doesn't work.
In Luke 10:7, Jesus said "the laborer is worthy of his wages." 2 Thessalonians 3:10 says, "...if any would not work, neither should he eat." Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:13, "...every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God." Even after the Lord returns, people will, as shown in Isaiah 65:21-23, "They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labor in vain." Socialism is against God's plan for your life. Don't be deceived by liars figuring.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part 2)
Of Benghazi and Dobson
Posted on Friday, May 2, 2014
No one I know would link Focus on the Family founder Dr. James Dobson with the Administration's cover up over four Americans dying in a terrorist attack on the US Embassy in Benghazi, Libya September 11, 2012. Dobson's is an example for all Americans that should be exercised at every opportunity. The first Thursday of May Christians gather from across the country to pray for our nation. It's called The National Day of Prayer. While the National Day of Prayer was taking place, the media, members of Congress and henchmen of the president were embroiled in a war of words over the Administration's lies and coverup of what happened in Benghazi. But what does Dr. Dobson have to do with it?
The news media and Congressmen were catching members of the Administration in lie after lie, especially with the condemning testimony of military personnel confirming that they knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack at the earliest possible stages, 3:00 am during the attack. Yet the Administration, including the president himself, continued to lie to the world that the attacks were the result of a spontaneous demonstration over an offensive video for well into two weeks afterwards. Retired Air Force Brigadier General Robert Lovell told the House Oversight Committee, "This was no demonstration gone terrible awry." The Administration's lies are not in dispute. What is in dispute is why they lied.
Across the way, another gathering was taking place on Capital Hill--the National Day of Prayer. A Founder of the event, Dr. Dobson spoke of how this current president is the "abortion president." And how he was trying to force Dobson's Family Talk ministry into paying for abortion through socialist healthcare. Dobson took the Administration to court and won. WND reported that Dobson recalled his thinking: "I believe in the rule of law, and it has been my practice since I was in college to respect and honor those in authority over us. It is my desire to do so now. However, this assault on the sanctity of human life takes me where I cannot go."
He continued: "I WILL NOT pay the surcharge for abortion services. The amount of the surcharge is irrelevant. To pay one cent for the killing of babies is egregious to me, and I will do all I can to correct a government that lies to me about its intentions and then tries to coerce my acquiescence with extortion. It would be a violation of my most deeply held convictions to disobey what I consider to be the principles in Scripture. The Creator will not hold us guiltless if we turn a deaf ear to the cries of His innocent babies. So come and get me if you must, Mr. President. I will not bow before your wicked regulation." The link between Dobson and Benghazi is the Administration, which lies to cover the deaths of many.
The president lied about the Affordable Care Act to cover up his plan to redistribute wealth, and promote abortion and homosexuality at taxpayer expense. The Administration is lying about Benghazi to cover up something else. Dobson has called the president out on his lying tongue. He did so straightforwardly and powerfully, saying "It would be a violation of my most deeply held convictions to disobey what I consider to be the principles in Scripture." You see, all law comes from God. Because God is just, an unjust law is no law. And as Peter said in Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey God rather than men." We need to follow Dobson's lead in standing up to this evil regime for righteousness sake. Speak boldly and often.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
We commend Dr. Dobson on his courageous remarks, speaking truth to power at the National Day of Prayer National Observance last week. May many more voices be lifted up to "throw down the gauntlet" against an administration that is continually abusive regarding our civil liberties, and especially those of the unborn. Thank you, Dr. Dobson!
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'" (Isaiah 41:10)
Putin Halts All Talks with White House
Putin Halts All Talks with White House
As new U.S. sanctions against Russia loom, the Kremlin has shut down-at least for now-intensive high level communications between top U.S. and Russian officials.
Since the invasion of Crimea, President Vladimir Putin and President Barack Obama have had regular phone calls in an often half-hearted attempt to deescalate the ongoing crisis inside Ukraine. But as the U.S. and EU prepare to unveil new sanctions against Russia, Putin has decided the interactions should stop. The Kremlin has ended high-level contact with the Obama administration, according to diplomatic officials and sources close to the Russian leadership. The move signals an end to the diplomacy, for now.
"Putin will not talk to Obama under pressure," said Igor Yurgens, Chairman of the Institute for Contemporary Development, a prominent Moscow think tank, and a close associate of Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev. "It does not mean forever." Obama and Putin last spoke over the phone on April 14, a call that the White House said was initiated at Moscow's request. Obama urged Putin in the call to end Kremlin support for armed, pro-Russian activists creating unrest in eastern Ukraine. Obama also warned that the U.S. would impose more "costs" on Russia if Putin continued his current course. According to the Kremlin's readout of the call, Putin denied Russian interference in eastern Ukraine and said "that such speculations are based on inaccurate information." (The Daily Beast) Read more.
(Reported by: Hebrew Nation News)
BREAKING: Jews prep to evacuate Ukraine
BREAKING: Jews prep to evacuate embattled country
Most of the Jews living in Ukraine are now filling out paperwork to prepare for emigration to Israel if necessary, Ukraine's chief rabbi, Yaacov Dov Bleich, said Sunday in a radio interview.
While he stopped short of calling for mass evacuation, Bleich said he is encouraged by those Ukrainian Jews who are making Aliyah, or emigrating to the Jewish state, to "take care of themselves."
In an interview on Aaron Klein's Sunday night radio show on New York's 970 AM The Answer, Bleich squarely blamed the violence ripping the country apart on Russia and its allies in Ukraine.
He stated, "All of the violence, and when I say all, I mean every single case of violence of Ukrainian against Ukrainian has been instigated and implemented by the pro-Russians - initiated, implemented, instigated."
Regarding Ukraine's Jewish community, which has been facing an increasingly hostile environment, Bleich stressed he is not calling for mass evacuation "and we aren't telling people to run away because who knows what will happen, what will be."
He continued: "We still are quite optimistic. However, at the same time, most of the Jews and whoever has a possibility is preparing documents so that if they want to make Aliyah there will be nothing to hold them up."
Bleich told Klein that of Ukraine's estimated 360,000 Jews, about 120,000 are elderly and would have difficulty moving to a new country.
"So it's not so simple to just call for mass evacuation, because we don't have right now the ability, the possibility, the funds or the manpower to evacuate elderly people and people who don't have any way or any means to make Aliyah," Bleich said. "However, those that could and are, like I said, it's a great thing. And they should make Aliyah. They should take care of themselves." (WorldNetDaily) Read more.
> > > Please join us in praying for the safe evacuation of every Jewish man, woman and child who are now making plans to make aliyah to Israel. Ask our Lord to bring His angelic protection for the elderly and others who must stay behind. Finally, lift up the government of Israel as they prepare to receive this new, glorious influx of emigrants to their homeland. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- Father, we thank You for this good news that many of Your Jewish people are now planning to evacuate from the Ukraine, and make "Aliyah" to their Homeland of Israel. We know that as violence and hostilities have erupted, and continue even now, that the safety of these precious people has become quite precarious. We thank You that You have a Covenant with them, and You watch over Your Word, to perform it. We pray Psalm 91 over them, and as they make You, Elyon, their dwelling place, You will be their Refuge and their Strength, and a very present help in trouble. Give them Your shalom, and surround them with ministering and warring angels to protect them and bring them Home to their Land. We thank You, O Lord God of Israel! In Yeshua's precious Name we pray, Amen.
- "No disaster will happen to you, no calamity will come near your tent; for He will order His angels to care for you and guard you, wherever you go. 'Because he loves Me, I will rescue him; because he knows My name, I will protect him. He will call on Me, and I will answer him. I will be with him when he is in trouble. I will extricate him and bring him honor. I will satisfy him with long life and show him My salvation.'" (Psalm 91:10,11;14-16)
- "I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth." (Isaiah 43:6)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Earliest Image of Jesus Believed Found in Egyptian Tomb
(Oxyrhynchus, Egypt)-Reports out of Egypt claim that an ancient image found on a stone tablet in an Egyptian tomb believed to belong to a writer or scribe of some sort, may actually be the earliest artistic depiction of Jesus ever found.
A report in The Daily Mail, quoted Egypt's Minister of Antiquities, Mohamed Ibrahim, as saying the image is probably from the 6th or 7th centuries and may have been created by Coptic Christians.
Though it is faded, the report notes that the image depicts a curly-haired man, with what may be a crown of thorns, giving a blessing.
Josep Padró, head of a Spanish archaeological team from Barcelona, said the discovery was exciting and the painting "incredible good," but that it is still undetermined as to whom the image represents. (Newsmax) Read more here.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Sky watchers around the Arctic Circle were surprised this morning, May 4th, when the twilight sky lit up with bands of green. "It was far from dark when the auroras appeared," says Ronny Tertnes, in Bergen, Norway.
What caused this geomagnetic unrest? The interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) near Earth tipped south, opening a crack in our planet's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in and ignited the surprise display, bright enough to pierce the Spring twilight around the Arctic Circle.
More auroras could be in the offing. NOAA forecasters estimate a 35% chance of polar geomagnetic storms on May 4-5 as the IMF continues to tip south. (Spaceweather.com) Read more and see photos here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Newsong Live Worship
"Blessed Be Your Name"
Blessed be your name
in the land that is plentiful.
where your streams of abundance flows
blessed be your name.