CRITICAL ELECTIONS HELD THIS YEAR
See article by Cindy Jacobs, below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
"Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?"
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
> > > Saints of God: In many states, the primaries have already begun and the winners of those elections will see their names on the ballots for our midterm elections in November. Please find below three articles, noted in red, that point to the importance of this moment in both prayer and in action. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Iran says it has built copy of captured American drone - Fox News
Iran says it has "succeeded" in copying an American drone it captured in 2011 and will soon take the replicated aircraft on a test flight.
- Dear Lord, we bind up the use of this lost aircraft to hurt Israeli or American interests in the Middle East. We pray that this craft will never work for evil. We pray that those who have copied this will repent of their vicious attacks on those who love the Lord.
-"For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land." (Psalm 35:20)
2. Even Al Qaeda decries Nigerian schoolgirl kidnappings, as 276 still go missing - Washington Times
Even al Qaeda has come out in opposition to the kidnappings of hundreds of Nigerian school girls, saying their abduction and planned sale into slavery does not honor Islam.
- Precious Lord, we praise You that even an organization such as al Qaeda has come out against the blatantly wicked kidnapping of the nearly 300 girls in Nigeria. Lord, we pray that they will start a trend of Moslem groups condemning such barbaric behavior.
-"Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just, for the righteous God tests the hearts and minds." (Psalm 7:9)
3. UN Urged to Tell Catholic Church it Has No Right to Oppose Abortion - CNS News
The Center for Reproductive Rights, a non-governmental organization that advocates for legalized abortion, is urging the United Nations Committee Against Torture to tell the Catholic Church that "the freedom of speech and of religion" do not give the church the right to advocate against abortion.
- Father God, we stand with the Catholic Church against the practice of abortion in every land, and pray that they will stand strong against all attempts to conform to the world's vein imagination of what is a right to terminate life. We praise You for being a life-giving God!
-"And I walk at liberty, for I seek Your precepts." (Psalm 119:45)
4. Congress to Boost U.S. Military Presence Against Iran - Washington Free Beacon
Congress is seeking to boost the U.S. military presence in the Gulf region in order to deter Iran from taking hostile military action and ensure that U.S. allies are in a position to defend themselves should Tehran become hostile.
- Father, we pray this boost of military presence will have an impact with Iran. They have ignored all past measures against them displayed in their rebellious and stubborn acts. Give wisdom on what will turn them around and cause them to listen to reason. In Jesus Name.
- An evil [man] seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.(Proverbs 17:11)
5. Feds' next land fight: New Mexico ranchers angered over water fenced off to cattle - Washington Times
The Obama administration's crackdown on Western land use has sparked a furor over the Forest Service's decision to fence off a creek used by thirsty cattle in drought-stricken Otero County, New Mexico.
- Father, we plead the Blood of Jesus over this matter. We pray protection over the ranchers in New Mexico, and the fenced off creek that provides water for their cattle. We pray their rights be upheld and this situation be resolved peacefully.
- But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. (Matthew 18:16)
6. Insurance execs: Millions of health plans to be canceled - WND
Millions of American families still must face the loss of their health insurance policies because of Obamacare, members of Congress learned at a hearing with insurance company executives this week.
- Father, we pray for all these families affected by Obamacare. Bring a solution to this situation. We pray this administration will do what it takes to protect those who were promised they can keep their policies. We bind up deceit and playing politics. You make a way where there is no way. In Jesus Name.
- Thus says the LORD, Who makes a way through the sea And a path through the mighty waters (Isaiah 43:16)
7. $474M for 4 failed Obamacare exchanges - Politico
Nearly half a billion dollars in federal money has been spent developing four state Obamacare exchanges that are now in shambles -- and the final price tag for salvaging them may go sharply higher.
- Father, we continue to pray over this problem. This law - which was pushed through - is now proving to be a real hardship in many ways. Through You, we have all knowledge and wisdom. Give Your people special protection from the burden of Obamacare.
- "'But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the LORD, am in this land. (Exodus 8:22)
8. Harvard Cancels Satanic Black Mass As Cultural Studies Club Withdraws Sponsorship - Now the End Begins
Cambridge, Mass - The Harvard Extension School Cultural Studies Club has dropped its sponsorship of a re-enactment of a Satanic "black mass" ritual, which was scheduled to occur Monday evening at Cambridge Queen's Head Pub. A spokesperson for the Satanic Temple, which was facilitating the black mass, said that the organization no longer plans to hold a black mass this evening. (Read more here). The Harvard Crimson posted more news about this today, here.
- According to both articles, this black mass was moved off the campus, and over to a restaurant instead. Evil is evil and cannot be ignored; only through the Blood of our Messiah can these folks be delivered, healed, set free, and made new in Christ Jesus. Pray for the salvation of all who are involved in this abomination; Christ came to set them free.
- "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst." (I Timothy 1:15)
9. Conyers fails to qualify for ballot - The Hill
Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) won't appear on the August primary ballot after failing to submit enough valid signatures, Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett said on Tuesday.
"It is my determination that in accordance with the current laws and statutes of the State of Michigan, the nominating petitions filed by Congressman John Conyers, Jr. are insufficient to allow his name to appear on the August 5, 2014 Primary Ballot," Garrett said in a statement.
The decision means Conyers may have to run as a write-in candidate if he wants to keep a seat he's held for five decades. (Read more)
- This news is just one example of why the primary elections, now being held in precincts across the nation, are so critical. Please be sure you do your homework and know who is on the ballot in your district and when and where your own primary is being held. Citizenship is a privilege; we cannot afford to lose it.
- "So also faith alone without works is dead." (James 2:17)
10. FRC Calls for a Senate Vote on the "Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act" - Family Research Council
Arina Grossu, M.A., director of the Center for Human Dignity at the Family Research Council (FRC), spoke today at a press conference with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), calling on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to bring the "Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act" to a vote in the Senate. The bill would prohibit abortion after 20 weeks post-fertilization, since at that time unborn babies can feel pain. (To read her remarks, go here.)
- As was just stated, faith without works is dead. Pray for the passage of this important pro-life bill, and take action by calling your own two senators to support its passage. Amen.
- "Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power." (Psalm 110:3)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
1. Israeli held for selling Iran spare parts for fighter jets - Times of Israel
An Israeli man was arrested at Ben-Gurion Airport Monday and is expected to be extradited to the US where he has been charged with selling arms -- including spare parts for fighter jets -- to Iran.
2. PA wants extremist settlers designated as terrorists - Times of Israel
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki said Monday that he had sent a letter to world powers, including the US, EU and UN, asking them to designate settler groups that attack Palestinian people and property as "terrorist organizations."
3. Kerry, Abbas to discuss resuming peace talks - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry will meet Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in London on Wednesday, a Palestinian official said, weeks after Middle East peace talks collapsed.
4. Israel Navy is quietly enhancing its capabilities for precision, long-range missiles - Jerusalem Post
The Israel Navy has begun a program to enhance its sea-to-surface missile capabilities, a senior naval source told The Jerusalem Post in recent days.
5. New laser cannon burns holes through boat (Video) - Ynet News
A successful test was recently carried out of 'Adam', a new military project that fires a high energy laser beam at its target causing destructive damage.
6. As Iran strikes defiant tone, IDF reservists feel 'unprepared' - Israel Hayom
As Iran's supreme leader defiantly called on his country's Revolutionary Guards to mass produce missiles, and Iran's president declared the country would not surrender its nuclear program, Israel Defense Forces reserves commanders appealed to the government for funding, warning of low levels of preparedness.
The Daily Jot
Voter apathy an opportunity for prophetic power
A recent Gallup poll of registered voters indicates that both Republican and Democrats are less enthusiastic about voting than in previous elections. The poll reveals that 42% of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters say they are more enthusiastic about voting, but 50% are less enthusiastic. Among Democrats only 32% say they are more enthusiastic about voting and 55% are less enthusiastic. Gallup says that typically the party whose supporters have an advantage in enthusiasm does better in midterm elections. Gallup points out that the Republicans have an 8-point deficit in enthusiasm, while Democrats have a 23-point deficit. The problem ahead for America is that these numbers are in a deficit.
Apathy kills representative government. If Americans want more of the unintelligent representation they currently have, not showing up to vote is a real good way to secure it. A free society such as ours depends on active citizenship. How, for example, can the government be of the people, for the people and by the people if the people do not participate? It appears that the ones who have prevailed in elections are those who do not share the ideals of being American. That's why we have elected officials from both parties who spend more than they take in, covet through taxes the blessings of our hard work, and tend to want everyone on the government dole in order to control their votes.
Christian Americans have an excellent opportunity to begin to reshape this nation with the mid-term elections--If we could agree to oust those who do not follow the precepts of God and vote in those who are more likely to employ Godly precepts. It has to start somewhere. We know that certain candidates exalt abortion, homosexuality, taking God out of the public square, deficit spending, wealth redistribution, limiting free speech to not offending certain protected groups. Let's vote them out, no matter what party to which they belong. Apathy is an advantage and an opportunity to those who are motivated to act. I have heard a lot of talk that Christians are a prophetic people.
What would be more prophetic than removing evil from the high places and beginning the task of restoring our nation as one that keeps the commandments of the one true God? The words of the LORD in Hosea 4:6: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." Let us become informed. Let us know and and act. As Christians you are as 1 Peter 2:9 declares: "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." We have an opportunity to get out of the darkness. As a prophetic people, I pray we do so with authority.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
CRITICAL ELECTIONS HELD THIS YEAR
CRITICAL ELECTIONS HELD THIS YEAR:
A Message from Cindy Jacobs
2014 is an election year with significant implications. Although it may not come with the publicity and excitement of a presidential election, this year's midterm electoral cycle carries the potential to shift the political arena in a dramatic way. Here's why:
- (One-third) of the United States Senate and (the entire) House of Representatives will be elected.
-Most state Senates and Houses will be elected.
-Most state executive offices (governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of state, attorney general, etc.) will be elected.
-Important ballot measures will be voted on. Some of these will decide key issues such as the legality of same-sex marriage and marijuana use.
One of the privileges of being a citizen of the United States is the democratic freedom that our nation offers through popular vote. There are millions of people around the world living in nations controlled by tyrannical and oppressive governments who withhold all freedoms to ordinary citizens on any political level. However, at the conception of America, our founding fathers understood the importance of distributing equal power among government branches, as well as giving citizens the ability to elect their local and national leadership.
Voting is a privilege and a fundamental freedom that we've been blessed with!
Unfortunately, only half of the Christian community is registered to vote. And an even more shocking fact is that only half of those who are registered actually vote! (1) This means that a meager 25% of the Church participates in elections and plays a part in setting our government leadership in place. Imagine how the nation would change if 100% of the Church voted! Or even 75%!
The truth is that our nation is in desperate need of godly leadership who will lead and govern the United States according to biblical principles and moral values rather than personal gain or ungodly agendas. The Bible is clear that righteous leaders, when in place, will benefit that nation's people greatly:
"When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan." (Proverbs 29:2 NLT)
In order to ensure this, we as the Body of Christ must make a responsible effort to steward our nation by electing our governing authorities. We will play a key part in establishing righteousness in our nation!
To help you with this, we've developed simple, easy-to-use election guides for each state. We encourage you to select yours, and use it to aid you in voting this year! Please click on your state to see your election guide.
> > > To find the election guide for your own state, please go here.
We encourage you to do your part in changing the nation this year!
US Reformation Prayer Network
Another Commentary on These Elections
Another Commentary on These Elections:
Written by Carol Bauer
Do you remember the malaise of the Carter years? Are you having deja vu? As you read news stories about record low labor force participation of segments of society and the disconnect many feel from their government, are you worried about the country's future?
Do you feel too many people have just checked out of the political process, leaving it to diehard activists on each side? Are you tired of patriots who disagree with liberal policies being labeled "racists," "terrorists," "nut jobs" and the like?
If so, please join me in prayer for our country, its future and the next generation of leaders who will inherit this volatile mix. The country seems discouraged, disconnected and alienated from its elected leaders. Ask God to raise up leaders who will give voice to our potential, who will remind us of our history and our innate goodness as a people. Ask Him to embolden leaders who would unite us, not divide us.
Pray that the approach of the mid-term elections in October will see an increasing number of candidates willing to speak up for the values we share. And, pray that God will touch the hearts of those who hear this message prompting them to give the electoral process a chance to change the trajectory of the country for our children and grandchildren.
Thank you for your commitment to pray for our country and Gary's work in Washington.
Radical Islam is Growing in Africa
Nigeria's Boko Haram shows radical Islam is growing in Africa
Former U.S. Ambassador John Price told Fox News' Lauren Green the U.S. is putting "blinders on" and ignoring the threat posed by the Nigeria-based terrorist group Boko Haram.
He says the militant group's current violent streak is a result of Africa "not being on our radar screen." "Congressional [leaders] don't know much about what is going on there," Price said. "We don't get in there and talk about the real issue which is radical Islam is growing."
Price was the former U.S. ambassador to three African nations, Mauritius, Seychelles, and Comoros, during the Bush Administration and is an expert on the Islamist threat in West Africa.
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kidnapped nearly 300 teenage schoolgirls from a school in April. Their leader is threatening to attack more schools and abduct more girls.
"There have been thousands of people killed, many attacks mostly against Christian churches and now even Muslim children are being attacked in schools," Price said.
The U.S. announced Tuesday it will send military and law enforcement personnel to Nigeria to help rescue the kidnapped girls. Price suggests the U.S. also send drones stationed in nearby Niger for intelligence gathering.
"There are a fleet of drones sitting in Niger," Price said. "We should be using those drones to check out the northern part of Nigeria to [monitor] the Islamist activities."
Looking at the militants' previous movements, he believes the abducted schoolgirls are in a neighboring country. "The concern is if you try and find the camps they are in the Islamists will start killing the girls," Price said.
Price believes the girls are being used as a "bargaining chip" in exchange for Boko Haram militants currently in jail. He believes this is a more likely scenario than the extremists selling or marrying them off, as claimed by their leader.
(Source: The Investigative Project on Terrorism)
Watch the full interview with Ambassador Price here.
Update: Washington, Man of Prayer
Update: Washington, Man of Prayer
Those of us who live here in the nation's capital are still rejoicing at "what God hath wrought" during the program held in Statuary Hall, attended by members of Congress, to salute: Washington, Man of Prayer.
For those of you who would like to see (or review) this blessed event, there are now two opportunities to do so. You can either:
1) Follow this link on WorldNetDaily or:
2) Find the video of this event at their website here.
- We rejoice at this breakthrough which is changing the atmosphere on the Hill, and we pray for much fruit to remain from the efforts of this leadership team. Amen.
- "But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded." (2 Chronicles 15:7)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Nigerian Embassy in Washington, D.C. to Host Prayer Vigil
for the 200+ Kidnapped Girls
"This attack on these young girls of Nigeria is an attack on all women throughout the world. As I gather in front of the Nigerian Embassy in prayer and public witness, I stand in solidarity with my sisters across the globe calling upon God for mercy and calling upon the nations of the world to treat all women with equality, human rights and justice." -Brandi Swindell, Founder and CEO of Stanton Healthcare
(Washington, DC)-Bring Back Our Girls Campaign is holding a prayer vigil on Wednesday, May 14, at 9:30 am at the Nigerian Embassy, 3519 International Ct. NW, Washington, DC.
Rev. Patrick Mahoney, event organizer and Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, states:
"We stand in solidarity with all the kidnapped girls of Nigeria, their families and loved ones. We agree with Dr. Martin Luther King when he says, 'Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.'
"We cannot be silent or indifferent when hundreds of young girls are kidnapped in full view of the world and threatened with being sold into slavery and trafficking. We must stand in the public square and shout with a loud prophetic voice, 'Bring back our girls.'
"These are not just the daughters of Nigeria but they are our daughters also. As we gather in prayer and public witness, we ask God to intervene to protect and return these girls safely to their families.
"We also call upon the Nigerian government, the government of the United States and the entire global community to use every resource possible and leave no stone unturned in ensuring these precious ones are restored to the loving arms of their families."
Rev. Kris Keating, Executive Director of World Horizons USA and currently in Nigeria helping the families, adds, "I came to Nigeria not because I think it needs me, but because I am moved by the tragedy of the girls' abduction and if I was one of the fathers, I would find comfort in knowing that people loved enough to come from far away to stand with me. I am here to love and learn. Will you pray with me today, by name, for those abducted girls?"
Brandi Swindell, Founder and CEO of Stanton Healthcare based in Boise, Idaho, comments; "As a woman and CEO of women's charitable health clinics across the nation, my heart breaks for these precious young girls and their families. This tragedy points to the fact that women around the world are specifically targeted for acts of violence and terror.
"This attack on these young girls of Nigeria is an attack on all women throughout the world. As I gather in front of the Nigerian Embassy in prayer and public witness, I stand in solidarity with my sisters across the globe calling upon God for mercy and calling upon the nations of the world to treat all women with equality, human rights and justice.
"We cannot rest or be silent until they are safely returned home. Our message today is clear and simple. #BringBackOurGirls!"
(Source: Breaking Christian News)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Unusual Arctic earthquakes intrigue scientists
In recent weeks, two powerful earthquakes have rocked the Northwest Arctic, leading some to ask why, and if these two are a sign of things to come.
On April 18, the first quake rang in at a magnitude of 5.6, while on May 3 a second quake shook the region at 5.5.
Before the first one in April, it had been more than 30 years since an earthquake that strong struck the region, said Mike West, a seismologist with the Alaska Earthquake Center. "This got our attention," West said. "It's not unprecedented, but it is unusual."
As for whether the Big One is imminent, West said there is no evidence to suggest it, but it's not being ruled out.
"It does remain a distant possibility, but we have no reason to believe that there will be a larger earthquake in that area." (Anchorage Daily News) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Worship You" - Julie True