Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me."
(Psalm 51:10, 11)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Revealed: Just one Obamacare enrollment on first day - Washington Examiner
The horrendous rollout of Obamacare last Oct. 1 was even worse than the administration has revealed, with just one person able to enroll on healthcare.gov, according to new documents uncovered by a public watchdog group. (Read more)
- Father, we are so thankful that You literally destroyed Obamacare two plus years ago and turned it to sawdust at the feet of Jesus. It will never be raised from the dead for it is truly destroyed. We ask that You now direct people to a good insurance company, one that was already available before the outrage of Obamacare came on the scene. In Jesus' Name we ask this prayer, amen.
- "For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion. And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch." (Isaiah 34:8-9)
2. House may begin debating NSA measure this week - Washington Examiner
Congress this week could begin considering an anti-snooping measure that would end the government's dragnet collection of telephone call data. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You would cause the members of Congress to find Your wisdom in weighing the benefits of this bill. May they vote on this legislation according to Your perfect will. We ask this in Jesus' mighty name, amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
3. More VA Whistleblowers Coming Forward, Campaign Says - US News and World Report
The Project on Government Oversight (POGO) and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America unveiled an encrypted web submission form Thursday soliciting horror stories in the wake of a nationwide furor about fudged wait time records and related veteran deaths in Phoenix. (Read more)
- Father, the horror stories that rise up out of the dust and reveal the undaunted truth that has happened to our military is a sickening revelation and we pray that You, Lord, will fight for our men who fought in these wars. The precious blood of our military was spilled on foreign soil, and we pray for God to fight for the rights of the American military. In Jesus' name we ask this prayer, amen.
"In our distress we cry unto the Lord and He heard us. Deliver our souls, O Lord, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue." (Psalm 120:1-2)
4. Utah ordered to recognize over 1,000 gay marriages - Washington Times
A federal judge on Monday ordered Utah officials to recognize more than 1,000 same-sex marriages that took place in the state before the U.S. Supreme Court issued an emergency stay. If the rulings stands after a 21-day hold the judge placed on it, the state would be required to lift its freeze on benefits requested by gay couples. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that the unrighteousness of homosexuals and sodomites will not be supported by the State of Utah. We ask You to deliver these 1,000 people from this lifestyle so there is no threat of their destruction, as happened to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, if they do not repent and turn from their wicked ways. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven; And He overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground." (Genesis 19:24-25)
5. Pennsylvania gay marriage ban overturned by judge - The Wire
U.S. District Court Judge John E. Jones III struck down Pennsylvania's same-sex marriage ban on Tuesday. In his opinion, Jones writes that the Pennsylvania laws banning same-sex marriage violate the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. Jones wrote that his court "now join[s] the twelve federal district courts across the country which, when confronted with these inequities in their own states, have concluded that all couples deserve equal dignity in the realm of civil marriage."
"We are a better people than what these laws represent, and it is time to discard them into the ash heap of history." (Read more)
See also: "Radical Judge Strikes Down Pennsylvania Marriage Law" in CitizenLink by going here.
- The phrase, "the dustbin (or ash heap) of history" was first quoted by Leon Trostky in 1917 during the Bolshevik revolution. It is a phrase that denotes utter contempt for its opponents. Ask our Lord to forgive Judge Jones for his words and his actions against traditional marriage, for he knows not what he does. Hide yourselves as evil increases in the land, taking action only when and where appropriate against it. Look up . . . your redemption draweth nigh! Amen.
- "Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by." (Isaiah 26:20)
6. Dozens of Texas communities with less than 90 days of water - KHOU
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality keeps tabs on those places where the water is scarce enough to draw concern, and it lists over 30 municipalities which could be out of water within three months. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You will supply sufficient water for the dozens of Texas communities named in this report. May we all cry out to God to work a miracle for us to have the water that is needed on a daily basis. Provide us with this water, precious Lord. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
7. U.S. Charges Five Chinese Military Officers With Spying - Bloomberg
The U.S. dramatically escalated its battle to curb China's technology theft from American companies by accusing five Chinese military officials of stealing trade secrets, casting the hacker attacks as a direct economic threat. (Read more)
- God in heaven, the evil and naked sin of hacker attacks can only be stopped by the hand of our heavenly Father, who is over all and knows each and every person involved in this theft from American companies. The wicked shall not prosper and there is a God in heaven who will fight this battle and water down any advantage that the Chinese military officials gained in stealing our trade secrets. We bind all of this with the precious power of the Blood of Jesus and we ask You to alter every bit of information that they have stolen. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "And I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm." (Joel 2: 25)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"As the mountains are all around Jerusalem, so YHWH is all around His people from this time and forever." (Psalms 125:2)
1. Mashaal on unity: Hamas made concessions to Fatah, won't compromise on Israel - Jerusalem Post
Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal said on Tuesday the Islamist group was close to mending rifts with rival President Mahmoud Abbas's Palestine Liberation Organization, but vowed resistance against Israel will continue.
2. Washington urges probe into Nakba Day killings - Times of Israel
The US called on Israel Tuesday to conduct a prompt and thorough investigation into the deaths of two Palestinian teenagers shot during clashes with the IDF in the West Bank last Thursday, after video emerged apparently showing them unarmed during the incident.
3. Israel Unveils New Vehicle-Mounted Mortar - Algemeiner
Israel's Elbit Systems said it will exhibit the Soltam Spear, its latest autonomous Recoil Mortar System for lightweight 4x4 combat vehicles, at the third International Fire Conference, in Zichron Ya'akov, Israeli business daily Globes reported on Monday.
4. Pope Will 'Recognize Palestine, Call to End Occupation' - Arutz Sheva
Palestinian Authority (PA) and Arab Christian sources are already celebrating Pope Francis's visit to Israel starting next Sunday, saying his choice to begin the trip directly in PA-held Bethlehem is meant to "recognize Palestine" and "oppose the occupation."
The Daily Jot
Are you a victim of soft tyranny?
The government has set a standard of tyranny against you that those who disagree with you can and will prevent you from having a job. Your free speech is OK so long as you keep it to yourself. Twin brothers David and Jason Benham know it all too well. Their show on HGTV was cancelled after a militant left wing lobbying group, Right Wing Watch, reported on their comments about homosexuality, abortion and divorce. Sun Trust Bank later dropped the brothers business accounts, then tried to explain it as the fault of a third party vender. Remember Duck Dynasty? Anyone who dares speak out about homosexuality as described in the Bible is subject to such ruin. It's selective free speech. It's soft tyranny.
Alexis de Tocqueville defines soft tyranny in his book Democracy in America, Volume II (1840): "It [the government] covers the surface of society with a network of small, complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting. Such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence: it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."
If you are afraid to speak your mind because of the consequences of perhaps losing your job, your livelihood, or that it may invite some government investigation or ruination, you are a victim of soft tyranny. Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." A free people can only exist by adhering to the precepts of God. Bondage is bondage, whether it is sin or tyranny. We live in a society where a very vocal minority is bullying your Constitutional rights. Moreover, eternally these people face great peril. Isaiah 5:20 says, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness..."
We must speak boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel. Even though many respond with hatred and accuse you based on the very intents of their own hearts, they will not know the truth unless someone tells them. We would not know sin had we not known the laws of God. Don't be a victim of soft tyranny. Right is greater than might. As Ephesians 6:12-13 says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against power, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Soft tyranny is evil. Stand against it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Letter from a Pastor
A Letter from a Pastor: ACTION!
We have received this letter from Pastor John Boustead, Solomon's Rest, Bismarck, ND. This is the cry from the heart of a man who, like us, is desperate to see our nation flee godlessness and return to our Judeo-Christian ethic in all our dealings.
We are sharing this with you now, with the permission of Pastor Boustead, and a note of encouragement that perhaps each one of us, too, can now TAKE ACTION, as below. Thank you.
I just sent this to my Senator in Washington and a similar one to my Representative. I ask many Christians follow suit and write something similar to this. We need our Congressmen on board while there is still time. We need their help desperately.
Honorable Senator ______________,
How is it our own President wants to shed away any form of internet governance to the UN, China (or whoever) at a time of cyber war?
Senator_________, I do not feel our current Administration (for several reasons) is running our country in the best interest of the North Dakota citizens. In fact it is beginning to appear the administration is more interested in foreign nations than our own nation.
Senator __________, our President made an oath to keep America safe and well protected from outside nations. Why is it we are losing our American patriotic vision? Our sovereignty is at great risk today and reverence towards our God is torn from us. If we lose these I have mentioned we lose our American identity. If we lose our identity, we lose our nation's very soul.
Senator __________, stop the current administration from any more executive orders. We need to repent for what's gone on and restore ourselves back to truth. Freedom is only found where there is truth. Lose this we have lost America.
Senator ___________, please draw a line in the sand right now today and bring forth a principle of zero tolerance towards this self controlled monopoly we call government.
I ask you as my Senator, stop every act that pushes us towards global government. Do not let certain people ram-rod us into globalization. Stand up against this. Begin a media campaign today alarming your constituencies to what is going on. Remember darkness flourishes when there is no light shining towards it. Shine the light! President Reagan did and the wall came down and the wall will come down again for us in the battle we are now in if our officials will take a stand against this.
My Sincere Thanks to you,
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
"A Total Miracle":
Rebecca St. James Reveals the Amazing Thing that Happened to Her Home
During California Wildfire
(Los Angeles, CA)-Last week, Christian singer Rebecca St. James and her family were told to evacuate their home as a wildfire threatened to destroy their neighborhood.
Describing the scene on her Facebook page last Wednesday night, St. James wrote, "We have lost our house and everything we own to a fire today. . . I saw the 2-story flames a few hundred yards away. Please pray for us. I got out with [my baby daughter], our dog and a baby book in the car when police were arriving ordering the evacuation."
Miraculously, the fire stopped just feet from St. James' house, leaving it unscathed. She credited God with answering prayer and the following day wrote, "It's a total miracle because the wind changed right when the fires were about to take over our house. You can see the proof when you look at where the fire stopped, three feet from our back fence." (The Blaze) Read more.
[ Also reported by Breaking Christian News ]
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Floods affect over 1 million in Balkans, destruction 'terrifying'
Bosnia said on Monday that more than a quarter of its 4 million people had been affected by the worst floods to hit the Balkans in living memory, comparing the "terrifying" destruction to that of the country's 1992-95 war.
The extent of the devastation became apparent in Serbia too, as waters receded in some of the worst-hit areas to reveal homes toppled or submerged in mud, trees felled and villages strewn with the rotting corpses of livestock.
The regional death toll reached more than 40, after the heaviest rainfall since records began 120 years ago caused rivers to burst their banks and triggered hundreds of landslides.
"The consequences . . . are terrifying," Bosnian Foreign Minister Zlatko Lagumdzija told a news conference. "The physical destruction is not less than the destruction caused by the war."
Lagumdzija said more than 100,000 houses and other buildings in Bosnia were no longer fit to use and that over a million people had been cut off from clean water supplies.
"During the war, many people lost everything," he said. "Today, again they have nothing."
His remarks threw into sharp relief the extent of the challenge now facing the cash-strapped governments of both Bosnia and Serbia.
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said the cost in Serbia would run to hundreds of millions of euros. President Tomislav Nikolic appealed for outside aid.
"We expect huge support, because not many countries have experienced such a catastrophe," he said. (Reuters) Read more.
> > > To view the extent of this flood, go here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
David Doring - Panpipes in the mountains