Next Friday, June 6th, marks 70 years since D-Day! Watch for our special alert about this news, to be released tomorrow night. Thank you!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, May 30, 2014
"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' (Isaiah 65:1)
Please sign this petition to the White House and see details, below, for more. (Sponsored by the Family Research Council)
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Carney to step down as White House press secretary - Fox News
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is stepping down, ending a lengthy term in what is considered one of Washington's toughest jobs. Obama said he has chosen Carney's deputy, Josh Earnest, to replace him. (Read more)
- Pray for Josh Earnest as he picks up this new position. May truth be revealed from within the corridors of the White House, and may all policy be crafted for the good of our people. In His Name, amen.
- "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)
2. Obama Accepts Veterans Affairs Chief's Resignation - VOA
Gen. Eric Shinseki, head of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, has resigned, saying he did "not want to be a distraction" after a government investigation confirmed widespread shortcomings in the health care the nation provides its military veterans. President Barack Obama announced the resignation in a White House address Friday morning, saying he accepted it "with considerable regret." He has appointed Sloan Gibson, Shinseki's deputy, to be.
- Father, we thank You for exposing the healthcare lapses for our military veterans, and the "cover-up" of manipulating the data. We ask that President Obama would use much wisdom in his appointment of Gen. Shinseki's deputy director to take over for the beleaguered VA Chief, as he has now resigned. We pray that Your light would reveal those things done in secret, and that this new Chief will be an honest, honorable man that will "clean up" this mess left behind by his predecessor. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money." (I Timothy 3:1-3)
3. Obama to Announce New EPA Regulations on Monday - Newsmax
President Barack Obama on Monday plans to announce his decision to use his executive power to cut carbon emissions by up to 20 percent, a move that would be the strongest action ever taken by an American president to tackle climate change, The New York Times reports. . .
- Lord, again we ask that this president's over-use, and abuse of his executive power be curtailed by Congress. For one man to make major decisions of his own liking, for all the rest of us, smacks of a dictatorship. We ask for a return to our Constitution, and the need for us to have a system of checks and balances, which has worked well for this nation for 200 years. We do pray for a limitation of carbon emissions, which should be the responsibility of our Congress. In Your Name, we pray, Amen.
- "Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together. If one falls down, the other can help him up. But it is bad for the person who is alone and falls, because no one is there to help." (Ecclesiastes 4:9,10)
4. U.S. Seeks to Promote Historic LGBT Sites as National Monuments - Worthy News
The National Park Service is launching an initiative to make places and people of significance to the history of lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual Americans part of the national narrative. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell is convening a panel of 18 scholars next month that will be charged with exploring the LGBT movement's story in areas such as law, religion, media, civil rights and the arts. The committee will identify relevant sites and its work will be used to evaluate them for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places, designation as National Historic Landmarks, or consideration as national monuments, Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis said.
- Father, how can it be that our nation would desire to erect national monuments honoring such "lifestyles"? We have criminals in this nation, which, unfortunately, is part of our history, but, we do not erect monuments in their honor. To simply say that the LGBT is part of our history, and therefore, should have entries in our National Historic Landmarks, or monuments, is ludicrous. Lord, we do ask that sane, cool heads and Your wisdom enter into this discussion. Help us, Lord, to not "flaunt" or laud our shortcomings, we pray, Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and prudent and shrewd in their own sight!" (Isaiah 5:20,21)
5. Obama's Military Begins Implanting Cybernetic Microchips In Soldier's Brains To Treat PTSD - Now the End Begins
Have you been noticing that, over that past few years, military diagnosis of PTSD has skyrocketed? Do you know why that is? So they can justify using the US soldier as the guinea pig for launching microchip implants in humans. Under the guise of treating the all-covering diagnosis of PTSD, the Obama administration has instructed the Pentagon to begin the process of microchipping the brains of soldiers. Watch for diagnosis of PTSD to increase 1000% past the current all-time high to justify mass microchipping.
- Lord, this is very troubling news. We certainly do want our soldier's with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, to receive treatment, and we pray for their total recovery. However, for this administration to instruct the Pentagon to begin the process of microchipping the brains of soldiers, seems to "cross the line" of sanity itself. We ask that Congress take a long, hard look at this practice, and that it would be halted in its tracks, before it can harm our soldiers. Could this not be, literally, "mind control"? We pray, Lord, that we as a nation would be a place of acceptance, honor, and healing, for our military personnel, especially those who have been diagnosed with PTSD. We pray for their healing, and restoration of peace to their hearts and minds. In Your Name, we pray, Amen.
- "Render to all men their dues. Pay taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, and honor to whom honor is due. Keep out of debt and owe no man anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law." (Romans 13:7,8)
6. Edward Snowden Reveals What the NSA Can Allegedly Do With Your Phone---Even if It's Off - The Blaze
Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden says the U.S. government has the capability to remotely turn on a targeted cellphone and then secretly activate the device's camera and microphone. (Read more)
- Abba, again we are concerned about the "over-reach" of this administration in invading our personal space, and abhorring our Constitutional rights to privacy. We ask for Your flood-lights to shine on this underhanded spying of law-abiding American citizens. We thank You for the courage of Edward Snowden in coming forth as a "whistle blower", and ask that You protect him from those in our government who wish to do him harm. We ask that these evil, invasive tactics of the NSA would be stopped now, against our law-abiding citizenry, we pray. Amen.
"In You, Lord, is my Protection. Never let me be ashamed. Because You do what is right, save and rescue me; listen to me and save me. Be my place of Safety where I can always come. Give the command to save me, because You are my Rock and my Strong Walled City." (Psalm 71:1-3)
7. Edward Snowden Claims US 'Forced' Him to Stay in Russia - Israel National News
Snowden told NBC News that the US forced him to seek asylum in Russia, after they revoked his passport at a Moscow airport last year. "In reality I never intended to end up in Russia," he said. "So when people ask why are you in Russia, I say, 'Please ask the State Department.'" (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this interview that has taken place, so that Mr. Snowden is able to reveal his side of this incident. We thank You that he was willing to risk everything in order to reveal the things he has revealed. We would ask that he be able to be reconciled to his family, whether in Russia, or here; and that he would be protected from any revenge that would try to come against him, we pray, Amen.
- "For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He hides away sound and godly Wisdom and stores it for the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with Him); He is a shield to those who walk uprightly and in integrity." (Proverbs 2:6,7)
> > > Note: If you missed NBC's interview with Edward Snowden, you can watch it here.
Please allow time for all of this six-part video to load into your computer.
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I will betroth you unto Me forever. Yes, I will betroth you unto Me in righteousness, in judgment, in covenantal love, and in mercies. I will even betroth you unto Me in faithfulness, and you shall know YHWH." (Hosea 2:19,20)
1. Abbas announces new PM, but unity government with Hamas on hold
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas chose a prime minister to head a unity government on Thursday but announcement of the lineup was held up over the foreign affairs portfolio, officials said.
2. Islamic Movement in Israel Serves as Front for Hamas Activities on Temple Mount
The Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) announced Thursday that a senior Hamas operative, who was arrested at the Allenby Bridge last month, revealed during his interrogation that Hamas uses the Islamic Movement in Israel as a front to advance its activities and goals in Jerusalem.
The Daily Jot
Take government spying seriously
When I drive down a Maryland road where there is construction, I get angry. They have on both sides of the road SUVs bought at taxpayer expense equipped with radar and cameras. If you are going over the speed limit, they take a picture of your license plate and send you a bill in the mail. They have the same things for red lights, school zones (even when there is no school), and general traffic on high traveled roads. The city brags about how much money it has brought in since installing these cameras on public highways. I get angry because I believe it is an invasion of my privacy. Public roads are owned by the public, not the government. But the government has assumed that stewardship is ownership.
Part of where we went wrong in this country is by allowing the government to assume that it owns things. The government in and of itself would not be able to have anything if not for the people it taxes. We the people pay taxes to the government and it buys stuff with those taxes, but it is a steward--not an owner--of the public trust. Notwithstanding, the trend in government is that it is the owner, provider, inspector, investigator, and arbitrator of all things. This is very dangerous because the basis of a free society rests on government being subservient to the people it governs, governing by the consent of the people. The more government is allowed to grow, the more power it assumes, the more personal it gets.
The Chicago Tribune reported a woman was cited by the Forest Preserve District for not buying a permit for a dog park because of remarks she made on Facebook. According to the story, "The citation arrived at her Bolingbrook home with a letter explaining the ticket, an application for a dog park permit as well as a copy of her social media post "admitting her guilt."" The victim of government spying had made a comment on the Whalon Park Dog Park's group page that she was glad she had not bought a pass and had not taken her dog there because of a kennel cough that had been going around among dogs frequenting that park. Eventually, the citation was withdrawn. But think of the resources spent.
If a government is so large that it is able to employ human and capital resources to the extent of assuming a citizen's guilt, locating them, and fining them without due process, that government is too big, too intrusive, and overtly tyrannical. There is no probable cause, but rather an assumption of guilt. There is no due process because the citizen is not given the opportunity to face his accuser. There is an invasion of privacy because your personal effects are being violated without warrant. It is good policy to obey the law, and to watch what you post in public forums and social media. But don't buy the lie that the government owns the public. When you do, you give up your Constitutional rights. As Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Don't be deceived into thinking that you are guilty until proven innocent.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Take Action for the Release of Meriam Ibrahim
Take Action for the Release of Meriam Ibrahim and her Children!
"Let brotherly love continue . . . Remember the prisoners as if chained with them -- those who are mistreated -- since you yourselves are in the body also." (Hebrews 13:1, 3)
Dear Praying Friend, Prayer is our first ministry and task, but when God calls, we must rise from our knees to act!
We've already prayed together for Meriam Ibrahim, the imprisoned Sudanese woman and Christian doctor. She gave birth this week to her own baby girl, Maya, in the infirmary of the disease-ridden Sudanese prison. Meriam, shackled to the floor, and her 20-month-old son have been there for months. Convicted of adultery and apostasy for converting to Christianity and marrying Daniel Wani, an American Christian, Meriam was sentenced to death-by-hanging.
Three times, Miriam was asked to deny her faith to avoid the death penalty. Each time she refused. She and her children are being subjected to vicious persecution for her faith in Christ.
President Obama and the State Department have not yet moved to take up the cause of a victim in this real "War on Women." Meriam has been abused and dispossessed because of her faith, and without God's and our intervention, she will be hanged. Reports say that Daniel, now in Sudan to see Meriam and their children, went to the U.S. Embassy there, but was told they don't have time to help.
Will you join us in raising the collective voice of God's people across America on behalf of our persecuted and condemned Christian sister and her family? FRC President Tony Perkins has launched a direct-to-the White House petition (click to sign); asking President Obama to take the action only he can take to secure the release of Meriam and her children, both American citizens. You may also wish to forward this message to friends and relatives. Meriam and her children's lives are in certain, imminent danger.
> > > PLEASE NOTE: FRC's Dr. Kenyn Cureton has crafted a Church Bulletin Insert that your church can use to be informed. Please call your pastor and forward this to him, so he can review, approve and put it to use in your church this Sunday. If your pastor speaks, your church will take action!
Thank you for persevering in prayer! With God's help, we will not fail!
Yours for Biblical Faith, Family and Freedom,
Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
801 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
LGBT Pride Month
LGBT Pride Month
On Sunday, June 29th, . . . those who self-identify as homosexuals will be celebrating "LGBT Pride Day," a grand finale for June's observance of "LGBT Pride Month." President Obama will announce the observance and the White House, federal agencies, the Pentagon, many state agencies, many businesses and likeminded organizations across America will join the celebration. Only heaven knows exactly how this brazen departure from the moral law of God will impact our nation. But we are called to intercede with an Almighty God.
- May the Lord hear our intercessions and stop the advance of this official celebration of sin!
- "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)
(Source: FRC Prayer Targets)
Religious Liberty in the Military
Religious Liberty in the Military
Last Thursday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act with an important religious liberty provision included. Together with Congressmen John Fleming (R-La.) and Randy Forbes (R-Va.), Congressman Doug Lamborn (R-Co.) advocated for an amendment calling on the Department of Defense and the Air Force to clarify their policies on religious expression in order to comply with the law and protect the ability of our service members to freely practice and express their faith.
Numerous violations of religious freedom have been reported in recent years at military installations and service academies such as the U.S. Air Force Academy. Efforts by Lt. General (Ret.) William G. (Jerry) Boykin, FRC's Executive Vice President, and a diverse coalition of officials and organizations who strongly support the military and religious liberty have helped Congress move to reverse the terrible trend.
We have prayed over these matters for more than two years and have cause to rejoice!
- Pray that the U.S. Senate will pass the NDAA with these measures intact. May God and His people in America keep watch over our men and women in uniform to make sure these gains do not erode. May believing servicemen use their liberty for God's glory!
- "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people." (Proverbs 14:34)
(Source: FRC Prayer Targets)
Update: "In God We Trust"
Second Circuit Upholds "In God We Trust" on U.S. Currency
On Wednesday, May 28, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the constitutionality of the national motto, "In God We Trust," on U.S. currency, in Newdow v. Peterson.
Summary of the Decision
The Second Circuit affirmed a federal district court's dismissal of a challenge to the national motto, "In God we trust." The court stated that the motto's inclusion in the design of U.S. currency, which is required by statute, is "a reference to our religious heritage" and does not violate the Establishment Clause or the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA).
The court noted several times that the "[Supreme] Court's Justices have distinguished our currency from improper governmental endorsements of religion," repeatedly indicating that the statutes requiring that the motto be included on U.S. Currency "have a secular purpose and neither advance nor inhibit religion."
This is the fifth time that the constitutionality of these statutes has been challenged, and the fifth time such a challenge has failed. Similar decisions have been issued by the Fifth, Ninth, Tenth, and D.C. Circuits.
In January, 2013, the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Treasury Department, claiming that the inscription of the national motto, "In God We Trust," on U.S. currency is an unconstitutional violation of the Establishment Clause. Attorney Michael Newdow represented FFRF and 19 other plaintiffs who, argued that they were forced to proselytize for a deity in whom they do not they believe each time they handled money. The federal district court dismissed the case in September, 2013.
Forty-one Members of the House of Representatives signed an amicus curiae brief to the federal district court, supporting the motto and articulating how "In God We Trust" is a reflection of the historical fact that America was founded on a belief in God. "The Establishment Clause was never intended as a guarantee that a person will not be exposed to religion or religious symbols on public property, and the Supreme Court has rejected previous attempts to eradicate all symbols of this country's religious heritage from the public's view."
(Source: Congressional Prayer Caucus)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
School District Apologizes for Showing Same-Sex Marriage
A Wisconsin school district apologized for showing a one-sided video promoting same-sex marriage. The video also attacked Christian beliefs, according to a legal group.
In April, students at Craig High School in Janesville were shown "Kids React to Gay Marriage." The YouTube video shows young people answering questions in ways that support such marriage.
"Schoolchildren should receive an education that is free from ideological or political bias and that does not disparage any of their beliefs," said Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) Senior Legal Counsel Jeremy Tedesco. "Student indoctrination is inappropriate, especially on an issue as important as marriage."
ADF sent a letter to the Janesville School District applauding its apology. The legal group explained that the district was correct in determining that showing the video violated its policies.
"Schools are wise to take an unbiased and objective approach when teaching about controversial social issues," added ADF Litigation Counsel Jonathan Scruggs. "We commend the district for recognizing that the one-sided, anti-religious same-sex marriage video shown in class violated its policies and undermined parental authority. We hope more school districts follow their lead." (CitizenLink) Read more.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Strange beam/cyclone forms on top of cumulonimbus cloud in Thailand
Does any body see the beam on the top of tower cumulonimbus cloud?
This picture was take in front of the cockpit A320 on ground, Suvanabhumi Airport, Thailand (VTBS) around 0110 UTC 27/05/2014.
To view this strange phenomenon,go here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Come to Jesus" - Chris Rice
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus and live