Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 19, 2014
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The White House acknowledged Saturday that it is open to a proposal for President Obama to appoint a chief executive to oversee the Affordable Care Act -- an ObamaCare czar - following the Department of Health and Human Services handling last year's disastrous rollout. The idea is being proposed by a group of healthcare experts that want a new chief executive officer to oversee the ObamaCare's online health-insurance exchanges and to ensure the overall program is ready before the next open-enrollment period that begins in six months, as first reported by Reuters. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, another 'czar' is being requested to head up this destructive healthcare law. We come before You alone to seek what is to happen with this problem filled healthcare law and what You would have us do. Another 'czar' involves more cost, yet almost daily we hear reported more expenses and losses related to this law, whether price of premiums, availability of drugs and cost of them, loss of availability of patients' doctors and hospitas, without hearing any positive things. Have mercy Father! Free us from this ugliness, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel- that will stand." (Proverbs 19: 21)
2. Obama encountering growing election-year dissent from Democrats - Fox News
President Barack Obama is encountering an increasingly resistant Democratic caucus on Capitol Hill, as lawmakers in his party break with him on a series of issues in the run-up to the November elections. On issues such as judicial nominees, the Keystone XL pipeline, taxes and trade, the fraying party unity is a sign that individual Democrats have reached a point where their own re-election needs take precedence over Mr. Obama's goals. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that the growing dissent of the Democrats running again for Congress does not provoke a backlash from the executive branch so that our nation is further endangered by the actions taken there. Father, we fall before You in repentance and ask for mercy and protection for our nation. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18)
3. Congress: Save Yourselves if Grid Fails - WND The lack of congressional action on critical infrastructure legislation is hampering national preparation for a natural or man-made electromagnetic pulse, or EMP, event that could kill 90 percent of the U.S. population due to starvation, disease and societal collapse, charges an expert on the threat. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to awaken these members of Congress to the extreme danger they face by not dealing with protection for the electrical grids of our nation. Help them understand that they, too, could find themselves entrapped in the devastation that a total loss of electricity would bring. We plead with You, Father, to protect us from this kind of attack, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Our help is in the Name of the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 124:8)
4. "Feeding The Homeless" Is A Crime In Increasingly More US Cities - Zerohedge.com Have you ever given food to a homeless person? Well, if you do it again in the future it might be a criminal act depending on where you live. Right now, there are dozens of major U.S. cities that have already passed laws against feeding the homeless. As you will read about below, in some areas of the country you can actually be fined hundreds of dollars for just trying to give food to a hungry person. I know that sounds absolutely insane, but this is what America is turning into. Communities all over the country are attempting to "clean up the streets" by making it virtually illegal to either be homeless or to help those that are homeless. Instead of spending more money on programs to assist the homeless, local governments are bulldozing tent cities and giving homeless people one way bus tickets out of town. We are treating some of the most vulnerable members of our society like human garbage, and it is a national disgrace. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this article reflects the growing darkness that is invading our nation, spiritually as well as physically. To arrest or heavily fine people who provide food for homeless persons is a special kind of callousness and to force people to leave town to who knows where is senseless. Father have mercy by arising and confronting these administrators, as obviously they do not spiritually grasp what they are doing. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and He will pay back what he has given." (Proverbs 19: 17)
5. Hundreds at rally hail ruling to overturn Idaho gay marriage ban - Yahoo.com
Hundreds of gay rights activists rallied in Boise on Friday to acclaim a federal judge's ruling that overturned Idaho's ban on same-sex marriage, even as they registered disappointment with a stay that prevented marriages from taking place immediately. U.S. Magistrate Judge Candy Dale ruled on Tuesday that Idaho's prohibition on marriage for gay and lesbian couples relegated them to second-class status in violation of constitutional rights to equal protection under the law. The decision was to go into effect Friday morning but was temporarily blocked on Thursday by a U.S. appeals court as it considers the state's emergency motions for a longer stay. Retired nurse Sue Barclay, 51, said she felt the voice of Idaho's majority - who approved a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman in 2006 - was being silenced in court actions that have struck down bans on same-sex matrimony in nearly a dozen states. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, the majority vote of the citizens in the State of Idaho has been ignored and overturned by the will and opinion of an appointed judge. May the Appeal Courts' stay on the implementation of this ruling become permanent, for the sake of the citizen majority. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 16:25)
6. Arkansas court halts gay marriages pending appeal - BBC
The Supreme Court of the US state of Arkansas has halted same-sex marriages pending an appeal against a lower court ruling overturning a voter-backed ban. On Friday the court suspended the ruling by a Pulaski County circuit judge, but it was unclear whether his ruling applied to other counties. Since the courthouses opened on Monday, hundreds of gay couples have wed. This is the latest in a stream of cases where same-sex couples have challenged state-level bans on gay marriage. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is another state's judicial system ignoring the majority vote by the state's citizens and promoting their agenda. Again we seek Your influence that the citizens' vote will stand. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "For it is written: 'As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.' So then each of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:11-12 and Isaiah 45: 23)
7. USDA Looking To Buy Submachine Guns - Newsmax The U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking to buy submachine guns - but isn't saying why it needs them. According to a solicitation filed on May 7, the department has a detailed list of specifications for its "commercial acquisition of submachine guns." The department is seeking .40 caliber submachine guns complete with flashlights, optics, burst fire capability, and 30-round magazines. (Read more)
- Abba Father, protect us we pray. Another federal government agency is buying up huge supplies of military weapons, when on the surface there appears to be no need for these weapons. This department is supposed to help the farmers with their issues and concerns. Father, help us please as this is so out of control, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy." (Psalm 147:11)
8. As Livni Meets Abbas, Bibi Says She Represents Only Herself - IsraelNationalNews
Netanyahu distances himself from London meeting between Livni and Abbas, saying she does not represent the Israeli government. Livni, who was chief negotiator for Israel in the talks that failed after the PA unity deal with Hamas last month, told Netanyahu about the meeting last week two days before it took place.
Sources in the prime minister's office said Saturday night that Netanyahu made it clear to Livni that she would be representing only herself, and not the Israeli government. The prime minister reiterated that the position of the government, as passed unanimously by the security cabinet, is not to negotiate with a Palestinian government that includes Hamas, which he restated is "a terrorist organization that declares its intentions to destroy the state of Israel." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to arise and be in the midst of these meetings, confronting Justice Minister Tzipi Livni with the fear of You alone in every cell of her being. Have her clearly grasp what Prime Minister Netanyahu said, that Your land Israel will not negotiate with a Palestinian government that includes the Hamas' terrorist organization, whose stated goals are to destroy the state of Israel. We ask this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "It is not good to show partiality to the wicked, or to overthrow the righteous in judgment." (Proverbs 18:5)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"As the mountains are all around Jerusalem, so YHWH is all around His people from this time and forever." (Psalms 125:2)
1. Israel, US holding joint missile defense drill - Jerusalem Post
Israel and the US were slated to hold a joint missile-defense drill on Sunday morning.
2. New bill would allow Jews to pray at Temple Mount - Times of Israel
Knesset members from the Likud and the Labor party were set to push forward a new bill that would allow Jews to pray at the Temple Mount, a practice currently forbidden.
3. Hamas and Islamic Jihad Say They're Joining PLO Leadership - Arutz Sheva
The terrorist group Hamas says it's advancing with terror organization Islamic Jihad to integrating into the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), a group recognized internationally as representing the "Palestinian people," but which has never renounced terror.
4. Netanyahu: Livni did not speak for Israel in Abbas meeting - Jerusalem Post
Justice Minister Tzipi Livni (Hatnua) did not represent the State of Israel when she met in London with PA President Mahmoud Abbas, officials in Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's office told the media Saturday night.
5. In wake of talks' collapse, Bennett to present PM with proposal to annex Area C - Jerusalem Post
Economy Minister Naftali Bennett will meet in the coming days with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and present a proposal to apply Israel's sovereignty to Area C, beginning with the major settlement blocs, The Jerusalem Post has learned.
6. Palestinian official: PA to halt security coordination with Israel - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority leadership said it was considering halting security coordination with Israel in response to the killing of two Palestinians near Ramallah on Thursday, a Palestinian security source told the Ma'an news agency.
7. Hamas Refuses to Stop Killing Jews - Washington Free Beacon
The terror group Hamas says that it will continue its "armed resistance" against Israel and Jewish people "in all of its forms" until Israel is destroyed, according to a statement by one of the terror group's top officials.
The Daily Jot
It takes courage to be a Christian in America these days. You need to have courage. Courage is defined as "what makes someone capable of facing extreme danger and difficulty without retreating. It implies not only bravery and a dauntless spirit, but the ability to endure in times of adversity." Preachers on TV talk a lot about faith. But we don't hear a lot about courage. To me, courage is often the acting out of faith. Moses' servant Joshua had faith to enter the promised land. But after Moses' death, the Lord spoke to Joshua informing his faith and strengthening his courage, saying "I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage." These days, we need the courage of Joshua.
What the Lord told Joshua demonstrates God's view on faith and courage. The Lord will always be with us, he will not fail us. That is the faith part. We need to know this in every fabric of our being. Then, we must be strong and of a good courage. That's the acting out of faith. Joshua tells his people in Joshua 23:3, "And you have seen all that the Lord your God has done unto all these nations because of you; for the Lord your God is he that has fought for you." Verse 10 says, "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the Lord your God, he it is that fights for you, as he has promised you." There is a partnership here: God's promise that he will not forsake you, and him acting through your act of courage.
Throughout the Bible we see tremendous acts of courage--Abraham, Moses, Joshua, David, Esther, Daniel, Gideon, Samson, Rahab, Peter, Paul, John, and the list goes on. Hebrews 11:36-40 tells of many of their ends; "They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."
Your life has special meaning to the Lord. He has given you the promise just as he did Joshua. Jesus said in Matthew 28:20, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Hebrews 13:5-6 confirms, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he has said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." That, my friend, is faith interacting with courage. It's not about riches, fame, and baubles here on earth. It's about having faith, knowing the deeper things of God, and courage to, as Paul said in Ephesians 6:20, "speak boldly as I ought to speak." Take Courage.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Yeshua"- Zemer Levav