Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, August 29, 2012
"I will hear what God the Lord will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints." (Psalm 85:8)
The Daily Brief
1. Southern Decadence is still on despite Hurricane Iasac - Examiner
Southern Decadence is a huge pride venue for the LGBTQ in New Orleans that rivals the famed Mardi Gras. This year will make 41 years this event has taken place and Paul Revere, one of the events coordinators, says that no hurricane is not going to stop this show. With participants to top over the 100,000 mark with revenue and tourists sales hitting $125 million, this once small gathering is a needed attraction that gives life to the city not only financially but culturally. Southern Decadence expresses the very foundation of the gay community and opens the doors for others to learn about the true spirit of the gay community among the atmosphere of friends.
So storm or no storm, this train is moving forward and no matter what happens, the LGBTQ is New Orleans is going to stand their ground. That is what Southern Decadence is all about.
- Lord, we pray that this celebration of homosexuality will never again be "a needed attraction that gives life to New Orleans financially and culturally." In the name of Jesus Christ we bind the supportive money trail for this "event." We bind the spirits of rebellion and lust over New Orleans in Jesus' name as they brazenly stand against the dictates of Your Word, and pray for the cleansing power of Jesus' blood to wash hearts and minds.
- " Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them on the Cross!" (Colossians 2:15)
2. Homeland Security tests to begin at T stops in Cambridge, Somerville - Boston.com
The federal government Wednesday will begin releasing bacteria at Red Line MBTA stations in Cambridge and Somerville at set times to test sensors designed to detect biological agents that could be released in a terrorist attack.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority said in a press release Monday that the harmless bacteria is non-infectious and the tests will be performed when the stations are closed. The tests will begin Wednesday and will be held periodically over the next year at the Harvard and Porter Square stations in Cambridge and the Davis Square station in Somerville. Signs will be posted in the MBTA stations one day before each scheduled test, according to the federal agency.
According to DHS, the bacteria that will be used is non-infectious and is approved as a food supplement. An environmental assessment of the tests planned for the MBTA stations found no significant impact on human health or the surrounding environment from the use of the testing material.
- Heavenly Father, we pray there will be no slip ups in these system tests. We pray that the bacteria involved is truly harmless. Give wisdom to those seeking to protect our citizens, so their efforts unveil any attempts to harm our people through biological warfare. Protect us Lord in Jesus' name!
- " Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday." (Psalm 91:3,5,6)
3. Ya'alon: Iran must decide - nuclear bomb or survival - Ynet News
"Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons. We must act together, determinedly and firmly, with all the means at our disposal in order to (achieve this goal)," Vice Prime Minister Moshe Ya'alon said Tuesday during a commemoration ceremony for the victims of the terror attack in Burgas, Bulgaria.
"The enlightened western nations must join hands and fight the radical Islamist terror," Ya'alon said while accusing Iran of funding and arming the terrorists. "This terror is occasionally carried out by (Iran's) proxy - the murderous Hezbollah organization. Its objective is to destroy western culture, expand the Islamic revolution and wipe Israel off the map," the vice premier told the ceremony.
"The Iranian leaders are serious in their intentions. This is why they are developing a military nuclear program, which has reached very advanced stages, and they can use this deadly weaponry - also through terror attacks in different locations across the globe," he said.
"We mustn't sweep the reality under the carpet. We should impose harsher sanctions and not be under the illusion that we are dealing with a conventional regime. We mustn't take any option off the table. And, before it is too late, we must force the violent, tyrannical Iranian regime to face a dilemma: A bomb or survival."
"The murderers will reach every corner of the planet and will not hesitate to murder whoever comes in their path. Other than wanting to kill without distinction, they also try to sabotage the relations between Israel and the world's enlightened countries, but they will not succeed," he added.
- Father, before Iran accomplishes its purposes, open blinded eyes of nations to see the danger of Iran's ideology and its intents to destroy. Direct the nations to stand against Iran, and support Israel's endangered position. We worship You; for You alone are sovereign, and nothing can transcend Your power. In Jesus' name may every enemy be overcome. We long for Your appearing Lord Jesus!
- " It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones, And on the earth the kings of the earth. They will be gathered together as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and will be shut up in the prison; After many days they will be punished. For the Lord of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem and before His elders, gloriously." (Isaiah 24:21-23)
4. Jailed Iranian Pastor Facing Death, Denied Medical Care (August 27, 2012) - Christian Post
New Trial Set for September 8 for Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani
A jailed Iranian pastor, who may be executed for "apostasy", already faces death as authorities continue to deny him medical care despite earlier promises, a church official and close friend told Worthy News.
Pastor Behnam Irani was still suffering behind bars Sunday, August 26, said Firouz Khandjani, a council member of the pastor's 'Church of Iran', a growing evangelical house church movement. He began serving a one-year prison term in 2011 for his Christian activities, but was later told it would be extended by a five-year, previously suspended, sentence for "crimes against national security," his church and other sources said. Khandjani warned there is also "an implicit death penalty in the verdict" of the court.
His fellow pastor, Youcef Nadarkhani, already faces execution, but a new trial will start September 8 at a special court near Lakan Prison in the northern city of Rasht, amid international pressure to release him, the Church of Iran said. Khandjani cautioned that the pastor faces "the same" death-sentence-carrying "charges of apostasy", or abandoning Islam.
The pastor himself has called his detention and legal difficulties as "the day of exam and trial" of his faith. "Though my trial - has been so long, and as in the flesh I wish these days to end, yet I have surrendered myself to God's will," Nadarkhani wrote recently from Lakan Prison near the northern city of Rasht, where he has been held since 2009. "These days - are hard" but "to prove [my] loyalty and sincerity to God, I am trying to do the best in my power to stay right with what I have learned from God's commandments," he said.
Christians have linked the reported crackdown to concerns within Iran's leadership over the spread of Christianity in the strict Islamic country.
- Father God, thank You for "the spread of Christianity in this strict Islamic country!!" We rejoice that no boundaries or intentions of men can overcome the power of Your purposes to save. Extend Your hand of mercy and deliverance to these Pastors in the face of their great opposition and abuse, and close the mouths of false witnesses. Help our dear Brothers Lord, and may their freedom be a testimony of Your power to the whole world! In Jesus' name!
- " So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him. Then Peter came to himself and said, "Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me" Peter - described how the Lord had brought him out of prison. In the morning, there was no small commotion among the soldiers as to what had become of Peter. After Herod had a thorough search made for him and did not find him, he cross-examined the guards and ordered that they be executed." (Acts 12:5-19 selected portions)
5. Turkey opens new camps; Daraya dead at 400 - UPI
Turkey is opening new camps so it can hold 150,000 refugees fleeing Syria, an aid agency said, but a U.N. official said the number could quickly reach 200,000. Turkey already has more than 80,000 refugees registered in camps along the country's 565-mile border with Syria and has said it will reach capacity at 100,000. The refugee-camp expansion announcement came as the U.N. High Commission for Refugees, mandated to protect and support refugees, said it expected the number of refugees seeking shelter and protection in Turkey could double to 200,000 (about the size of Orlando, Fla).
The number of refugees crossing the border into Turkey has jumped in the past two weeks from 400 or 500 a day to as many as 5,000 a day, UNHCR spokeswoman Melissa Fleming told reporters in Geneva, Switzerland. Residents told the British newspaper The Guardian regime troops and Alawite pro-regime paramilitary semi-criminal militia gangs known as shabiha raided some streets "two or three times" -- and in some cases demanded hospitality from residents and then killed their hosts when they left.
Turkey's Foreign Ministry has asked the international community to help in dealing with the deluge of refugees fleeing the Assad regime's brutal opposition crackdown, but no country has yet provided "any material aid," the AFAD official told the Journal.
- Lord, we pray that through Your intervention these tragic events will serve to increase the witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout this region. Especially empower Your servants to accomplish Your work, even as they endure the trials of living in refugee camps. Stir neighboring Arab countries who are rich in wealth and lands to step in with needed provisions for their fellow Arabs - those Syrian civilians fleeing for their lives. Direct the nations to do what is right Your sight. In Jesus' Name.
- " Thus says your Lord, The Lord and your God, Who pleads the cause of His people: "See, I have taken out of your hand The cup of trembling, The dregs of the cup of My fury; You shall no longer drink it. But I will put it into the hand of those who afflict you, who have said to you,'Lie down, that we may walk over you.'And you have laid your body like the ground, and as the street, for those who walk over." (Isaiah 51:22,23)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Turn us again, O God, and cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!" (Psalm 80:3)
1. Arab League chief: Israel violating Egypt peace treaty - Israel Hayom
Egypt should amend its peace treaty with Israel because the latter is violating the accords with respect to the Palestinians, Secretary-General Nabil Elaraby told The Cairo Review of Global Affairs in June, in an article published this week.
2. Experts say big radiation risk unlikely if Israel strikes Iran - Ynet News
Any Israeli attacks on Iran's nuclear facilities are unlikely to cause a Fukushima-scale disaster unless a Russian-built reactor is destroyed, experts say.
3. Arab states looking to turn IAEA meeting into referendum on Israeli nukes - Times of Israel
Muslim nations and Israel are heading for a confrontation at a 154-nation nuclear meeting next month over an Arab initiative to criticize Israel's secretive atomic program.
The Daily Jot
Hate speech/free speech
Hate speech is a pretty ridiculous concept. It generally has been applied to people, especially preachers, who quote the scriptures in opposition to the basic delights of progressive liberalism--sodomy, homosexual marriage, abortion. Whenever a preacher quotes Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination," the news media jumps on the hate speech train. It is worse when someone quotes the second part of Leviticus 20:13 that ads: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Even worse is if a preacher says America is in judgment because of the sins of homosexuality and abortion. But what if a liberal calls for the mass deaths of conservatives?
Actress Ellen Barkin, who has acted in a slew of box office ho-hums and is now a star in the "New Normal," a show that promotes homosexuality, recently let loose a tirade on twitter. She tweeted: "Shame on u@kslcom not airing @NBCTheNewNormal So L&O SVU (rape & child murder) is ok? But loving gay couple having a baby is inappropriate?" She was responding to an August 25 statement by the parent company of Salt Lake City KSL-TV that due to the show's "crude dialogue, explicit content and offensive characterizations," the company decided to "keep it off our fall schedule" because "this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time."
With hurricane Isaac bearing down on the Republican Party convention in Florida, Barkin lashed out re-tweet of one of her followers: "C'mon #Isaac! Wash every pro-life, anti-education, anti-woman, xenophobic, gay-bashing, racist --- right into the ocean! #RNC " According to LifeSiteNews.com, Barkin did not express any disagreement in her retweet. LifeSiteNews framed the tweet, writing, "In the aftermath of the Family Research Council shooting, prominent voices on the Left have not tapped down their violent rhetoric against their opponents." Followers of the news will be hard pressed to find a liberal who denounces this kind of hate speech, saying instead it is free speech.
It would be a good guess that the shooter at the Family Research Council had heard some pretty inflammatory speech in the days leading up to his attack on the pro-life, pro-marriage organization. He worked for the local radical sodomite advocacy group in Washington, DC. Floyd Lee Corkins II plead not guilty to three counts--assault, and two firearms possession charges. Hmmm...no hate crime? He said at the scene of the crime, "I don't like your politics." There seems to be a lot of hate in this world by evidence of many recent shootings. I wonder how much more is stirred up from comments like Barkin's. You can bet if Corkins or Barkin were Christians saying similar things about the left, the media would be declaring hate speech instead of free speech.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Alert!! RNC and Israel - GOOD NEWS!
GOP PLATFORM RECOGNIZES ISRAEL AS JEWISH STATE
WITH JERUSALEM AS ITS CAPITAL
URGES PALESTINIANS TO RENOUNCE TERRORISM
The Republicans have published their platform, sites:
"Our Unequivocal Support of Israel"
On Israel, the platform reads: "Israel and the United States are part of the great fellowship of democracies who speak the same language of freedom and justice, and the right of every person to live in peace. The security of Israel is in the vital national security interest of the United States; our alliance is based not only on shared interests, but also shared values. We affirm our unequivocal commitment to Israel's security and will ensure that it maintains a qualitative edge in military technology over any potential adversaries."
"We support Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state with secure, defensible borders; and we envision two democratic states: Israel with Jerusalem as its capital and Palestine, living in peace and security. For that to happen, the Palestinian people must support leaders who reject terror, embrace the institutions and ethos of democracy, and respect the rule of law. We call on Arab governments throughout the region to help advance that goal. Israel should not be expected to negotiate with entities pledged to her destruction. We call on the new government in Egypt to fully uphold its peace treaty with Israel."
The U.S. seeks a comprehensive and lasting peace in the Middle East, negotiated between the parties themselves with the assistance of the U.S., without the imposition of an artificial timetable. Essential to that process will be a just, fair, and realistic framework for dealing with the issues that can be settled on the basis of mutually agreed changes reflecting today's realities as well as tomorrow's hopes."
Republican Jewish Coalition Executive Director Matt Brooks said in response, "The Republican Party remains unwavering in its commitment to a strong U.S.-Israel alliance and its rejection of pressuring Israel to negotiate with those intent on her destruction."
Read the rest of the Republican platform here. (The section on Israel begins on page 49.)
- We are rejoicing, with tears of joy, to see this strong statement by the Republican National Committee in their support for Israel, and her right to exist. Please pray that everyone will see this statement, and work with this party to secure a safe and secure Israel. In His Name, amen!
- (For Israel) " . . . whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye . . ." (Zech. 2:8)
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
69 Days to Election Day
Obama's past ready to rock RNC
to show Republicans the socialist/Marxist roots of president's agenda
Will be playing all week in Tampa so delegates can view this movie.
The world premier theatrical screening of the blockbuster Obama exposé "Dreams from My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception," directed by Joel Gilbert, took place in Tampa, Fla., at 3:20 p.m. Eastern, on Monday, the originally scheduled opening day of the Republican National Convention.
The screening took place one block from the downtown site of the RNC.
"Dreams from My Real Father"
At age 18, Barack Obama admittedly arrived at Occidental College a committed revolutionary Marxist. What was the source of Obama's foundation in Marxism?
Throughout his 2008 presidential campaign and term in office, questions have been raised regarding Barack Obama's family background, economic philosophy and fundamental political ideology.
"Dreams from My Real Father" is the alternative Barack Obama "autobiography," offering a divergent theory of what may have shaped the 44th president's life and politics.
The film begins by presenting the case that Obama's real father was Frank Marshall Davis, a Communist Party USA propagandist who likely shaped Obama's worldview during his formative years.
Obama sold himself to America as the multi-cultural ideal, a man who stood above politics. Was the goat-herding Kenyan father only a fairy tale to obscure a Marxist agenda, irreconcilable with American values?
This full-length movie is based in part on two years of research, interviews, newly unearthed footage and photos and the writings of Davis and Obama himself.
"Dreams from My Real Father" weaves together the proven facts with reasoned speculation to fill in the obvious gaps in Obama's history. Is this the story Barack Obama should have told, revealing his true agenda for "fundamentally transforming America?"
Following the world premiere theatrical screening Monday, "Dreams from My Real Father" will have 11 additional showings all week.
Note: You can view the trailer for "Dreams from My Father," by going here.
Navy Seals State Their Case
NEW NAVY SEAL AD BLASTS OBAMA FOR BOWING TO FOREIGN LEADERS
The controversial super PAC Special Operations for America, led by former Navy SEALs, is set to release a blistering new ad against President Obama Tuesday at the Republican National Convention.
The ad, titled "Bow to Nobody," depicts Navy SEALs in combat situations; it then proclaims that they fight so that America will not have to bow to anybody.
Then the punch line: the infamous photo of Obama bowing to the Saudi king.
The ad is sure to provoke massive consternation on the left, which has been in a frenzy ever since Special Operations for America launched. The event at which the ad launches, "Defending Our Defenders: A Salute to the United States Military," will feature a tribute by Congressman Louie Gohmert, former members of SEAL Team Six, Army Rangers, Gold Star parents, and a few surprise guests.
Ryan Zinke, the former Navy SEAL who started the super PAC, spoke exclusively with Breitbart News today. "The ad itself accurately portrays where this President is," said Zinke. "It accurately portrays his core belief that America should not lead. This president is shaping America to be one of the followers, to relinquish our role as a world leader. I didn't fight 23 years as a Navy SEAL to watch America bow to anybody."
To view this ad, go here.
To learn more, read: "SEAL Ad to Excoriate Obama for 'Bowing' to Foreign Leaders" on Fox News. Go here.
- Father God, we thank You for these brave men, who are still fighting for our freedom and for our country. We ask that, just as You have kept them safe overseas, You would yet place Your hand of protection upon each one while they are home . . .and upon their loved ones, too. Praise God for those who are still willing to "fight the good fight of faith!" In His Grace, amen.
- "Fight the good fight of faith . . ." (I Timothy 6:12)
Report: Obama Has Hijacked the Media
JON VOIGHT: OBAMA, LIKE CHAVEZ, HAS HIJACKED THE MEDIA
TAMPA, Fla. - Award-winning actor Jon Voight told The Daily Caller at the Republican National Convention that he thinks President Barack Obama's administration has "taken over" the mainstream media in a manner similar to how leftist Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez controls media in his country.
"The media has been taken over by this administration," Voight, an outspoken Hollywood conservative, said in an interview with TheDC. "It's not less than what has happened in Venezuela with Hugo Chavez, really, because you can't get the information through. I'm giving you this because I want to get the press my opinion. You can put it in any way you want to. But, it's become pure propaganda and we should be appalled.
"I mean look at the main media is not going to cover the Republican convention?" Voight added as an example. "This is propaganda, pure and simply. They say, 'well, we'll give them an hour.' They'll edit an hour - well, what will they edit out? What is the story they will tell? Do you understand?"
"Guys, you should be appalled," Voight continued. "America, guys, wake up. You should be appalled that they can get away with it, that they can attack - the Republican Party is a victim of a bias, of a destructive bias against the Republican Party. It's been going on for all this time and it's getting worse and worse. And, now this? Come on, people, stand up."
Voight said he thinks Mitt Romney will win the upcoming election in November, too.
"Gov. Romney, I think because of Gov. Romney's great talents, his great compassion, his great gifts of leadership, he's going to win this election," he said. "The people are going to become aware of these qualities. Now, what the other side has done is try to diminish all this - they've lied about him, they've done all this stuff trying to hide the true character of this man and the greatness of the fellow. Once people come to see that, they will be voting for him.
Voight also recommended that voters watch Dinesh D'Souza's new film, "2016." "It's a tremendous piece of work - as an artist, I look at it and see this is a very well-produced piece," he said. "But this piece gives you very good insight into what the Obama agenda is. And, it's very concerning, but I say go see it. It's not done in any - it's not a strident movie. It's not polemical. It's information and it's a very very well done documentary and it will give you understandings that you don't have because the media in our country has been bought and sold in some ways."
(The Daily Caller) Read more.
The Good News Corner: IMPORTANT!!
The Good News Corner
Tribe Gets Bible In Their Language & Rejoices!
(Kimyal People in Papua, Indonesia)
Dear Prayer Partners,
I believe that this documentary is the most stunning video we have ever published in our 19 years online. I was actually moved to tears when I saw the tears of these precious "lost ones," weeping for JOY to find their Savior -- and to be presented with the Word of God in their own language.
This video is just so so amazing!! These brothers and sisters are so overwhelmed with joy to receive Bibles in their own language! What a celebration they put together for the arrival of the plane carrying these Bibles.
I am just broken . . we take our Bible so for granted. There are millions of dust covered Bibles here in America not ever used, yet these Jesus loving people are beside themselves . . . watch and be blessed and then send this video on to everyone you know, too!
In this political season in our nation, let's all pause and LOOK UP, for our Redemption draweth nigh! And let's continue to keep "the main thing the main thing" -- sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ, and Him crucified -- to a lost and dying world.
God is so good . . . He led me to find this treasure, and then to be able to share it with all of you. I am overwhelmed by His Grace in my life.
In Messiah's love,
Sara Ballenger, Founder and President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
(Below is a quote from a village elder on the film, speaking of receiving Bibles in the language of the Kimyals.)
"It has come to us Kimyals and we have received it, held it in our hands and placed it in our hearts. Because of this, our hearts are very happy."
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
George Edward Comtois