• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• On the Campaign Trail
• House rejects bill limiting DC abortions
• Report: US sees Israeli strike on Iran in October
• Rick Ridings: URGENT Call to Prayer
• Joel Rosenberg on Possible Strike this Fall
• Aftermath: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Friday, August 3, 2012
"May the Lord of peace himself give you peace
at all times and in every way." (2 Thess. 3:16)
CONGRESS GOES INTO RECESS
Both the House and the Senate have now recessed for their five-week Summer District Work period. During this time, most members will be spending time in their home districts, campaigning for re-election in November. Now is a great time to let your own voice be heard on issues that are important to you.
To find the address of your member's offices in your home state or district, go here for your congressman, and go here for your senator. After you have found your member's website, scroll down to the bottom of the page to locate the district offices in your state.
WE GO INTO "RECESS," TOO!
We will stand down this weekend from publishing our OCAP, but will return with Volume XIX, Number 21 next weekend. In the meantime, please watch for another issue of the Daily Brief, to be posted this Monday, August 6.
The Daily Brief
1. Drought worsens in U.S. farm states-climatologists - Reuters
The worst U.S. drought in 56 years intensified over the past week as above-normal temperatures and scant rainfall parched corn and soybean crops across the Midwest and central Plains, a report from climate experts said on Thursday. Nearly two-thirds of the contiguous United States was under some level of drought as of July 31, more than a fifth of it classified as extreme drought or worse, according to the Drought Monitor, a weekly report compiled by U.S. climate experts.
- Abba, we ask for mercy for the "heartland" of our nation during this unprecedented heat and drought in our "bread-basket" states. Many crops have already died, and livestock, as well as humans, are suffering. We ask for Your rains to come and saturate the parched earth, bringing life and restoration. We repent for our sins, and our lack of gratitude we've shown for all You've done for us. We ask for Your forgiveness and restoration. Shower us with Your mercy and grace, we pray. Amen.
- "LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day,in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
2. Fed Poised To Step Up Stimulus Unless Economy Strengthens - Bloomberg
The Federal Reserve moved a step closer to pumping more stimulus into an economy plagued by weakening growth and a jobless rate that has stayed at 8 percent or higher for more than 42 consecutive months.
- Father, we thank You that we know Your ear is open to our cry. We ask for wisdom, godly wisdom, for the Federal Reserve, and all those who make these decisions regarding our economy. We ask that You not be left out of the equation. May we humble ourselves before You, and reorder our priorities in the light of Your Word. Give beauty for ashes, we pray. Give us creative ways to turn our economy around, that will benefit all of us. In Yeshua's matchless, wonderful name, we pray. Amen.
- "'If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or plague or famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your Name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us.'" (2 Chronicles 20:9)
3. Flood of Errant Trades Is a Black Eye for Wall Street - CNBC
An automated stock trading program suddenly flooded the market with millions of trades Wednesday morning, spreading turmoil across Wall Street and drawing renewed attention to the fragility and instability of the nation's stock markets.
- Lord, again we are reminded of the fragility of earthy riches. You are the One who gives us the power to get wealth. Again, we ask for wisdom in dealing with the resources You have given us, and show us how to conserve what we can, and to be able to help others as well. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Beware that you do not forget the LORD your God and say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.' And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day." (Deuteronomy 8:17,18)
4. House approves GOP plan to maintain tax rates for all after defeating
Democrat's plan - Fox News
The House approved the Republican plan Wednesday to extend all the Bush-era tax rates for a year, in another vote that served to put lawmakers on record over the issue but did not appear to bring Congress any closer to a deal.
- Lord, we thank You that Congress has agreed upon a plan to extend the tax cut another year, especially with the anticipated tax increase in other areas at the end of this year. We ask that our Representatives in Congress would truly represent those of us who sent them there, and vote honorably to help their constituents, and not to achieve their own political ends. We ask You to expose anything that needs to be exposed before the elections, that we may vote intelligently. Thank You, in Jesus' Name, Amen.
- "Be careful not to spend your time feasting, drinking, or worrying about worldly things. If you do, that day might come on you suddenly, like a trap on all people on earth." (Luke 21:33,34)
5. Congress, with much left to do, takes 5 weeks off - AP - Yahoo News
After a final day of partisan battles over drought relief and cybersecurity, members of Congress streamed out of the Capitol looking forward to five weeks of vacation and a fall fraught with decisions on the political and economic future of the country.
- Father, we ask that these members of Congress would use this time wisely, to reconnect not only with their families, but also with their constituents, and listen to what is on the hearts and minds of those they represent. We pray for truth in their inward parts, wisdom to know their own hearts, and humbleness to submit to You. We ask that they will also spend this time in renewing relationship with You, and availing themselves of Your wisdom. We pray that those who do not know You, will be drawn to You, and accept You as their Saviour, Lord, and Advisor! Amen.
- "Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart." (Psalm 51:6)
6. Gay rights activists kissing to protest Chick-fil-A chief's gay marriage opposition - Fox News
Gay rights activists were kissing at Chick-fil-A stores across the country Friday, just days after the company set a sales record when customers flocked to the restaurants to show support for the fast-food chain president's opposition to gay marriage. Meanwhile, police were investigating graffiti at a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Southern California. The graffiti on the side of a restaurant in Torrance said "Tastes like hate" and had a picture of a cow. No one has been arrested.
- Father, we thank You that, at the moment, we can still have an opinion and voice it, without fear of reprisal and arrest. We thank You that many Americans showed their support for that right on Wednesday, by eating at Chick-fil-A, breaking all sales records for that day. We thank You too, that those same rights belong to those of a different opinion, and that they too are free to express those opinions. We do ask that there be no violence or vandalism, as some become very emotional about their opinions. We pray there will be respect for each other, and all properties involved. We do pray for the salvation and deliverance of any who are feeling "trapped" or unable to be free to worship You. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
[Please see more on this news, below.]
- "I will obey your teachings forever and ever. So I will live in freedom, because I want to follow your orders." (Psalm 119:44,45)
7. Israeli-American Newspaper: 'Netanyahu Puts All the Chips on Romney' - Breitbart quoting "Hadshot USA" (the Israeli Newspaper in Los Angeles)
Noting that Romney's positions match those of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the newspaper summarized their meeting in Jerusalem: "Netanyahu embraced Romney as no Israeli prime minister before had embraced an American presidential candidate running against a sitting president."
- Abba, we thank You that we have a candidate for President who holds identical views regarding Israel, (the Apple of Your Eye), with that of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. We know Your promises, that those who bless Israel will be blessed by You, and so we ask for decisions to be made by our nation to be a blessing to Israel. We ask for Your candidate to win this November; and whatever person that may be, would indeed be prospered and blessed by You, as our nation and President bless this precious Land of Israel! Amen and Amen!
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
Except that it was YHWH who was for us, O may Israel say; except that it was YHWH who was for us when men rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their wrath was kindled against us - then the proud waters would have gone over our soul. Blessed is YHWH, who has not given us as a prey to their teeth. (Psalm 124:1-8)
1. White House Differs with Romney on Jerusalem as Capital of Israel - CNS News
In what marks a decisive difference in the presidential campaign, one day after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney called Jerusalem the capital of Israel, the White House asserted that Romney's position was different from that of the Obama administration.
2. 10th Gay Pride Parade set to kick off in Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
The 10th annual Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade will return to its original route through the city center on Thursday, passing by the point where three participants were stabbed in 2005 by a haredi extremist.
3. Israel urges citizens: Get out of Sinai - Times of Israel
Israel's Counterterrorism Bureau warned Israeli citizens to leave Egypt's Sinai Peninsula immediately.
4. Ahmadinejad anti-Semitic rant a wake up call - Jerusalem Post
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's most recent anti-Semitic tirade should serve as a "wake-up call" and erode any doubts in the world as to the "true character of the Iranian government," Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's spokesman Mark Regev said Thursday.
5. Iranians should be 'very fearful for next 12 weeks,' says ex-Mossad chief. Israeli threats 'credible - Times of Israel
The former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy, who told The Times of Israel in an interview in March that there would be "nothing else left" but a resort to force if the diplomatic track with Iran did not quickly produce a breakthrough, hinted Thursday that the moment of truth on Iran's nuclear drive was now imminent.
6. Ahmadinejad calls for annihilation of Israel - Jerusalem Post
In a speech published on his website Thursday, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the ultimate goal of world forces must be the annihilation of Israel.
On the Campaign Trail
CANDIDATES LOOK OVERSEAS FOR CAMPAIGN CASH
In the hunt for campaign money, no distance is too far to travel, especially when the race between President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney is tight and likely to stay that way into the fall.
The Democratic president and his Republican challenger have been aggressively courting Americans living abroad at fundraisers held far beyond U.S. shores. Such efforts serve the dual purpose of raising money to pay for what may be the most expensive election in U.S. history, and galvanizing a largely untapped group of eligible voters.
The practice is legal and has been used for decades, said former Federal Election Commission Chairman David Mason.
Obama has raised nearly $600,000 from Americans abroad while Romney has brought in about $325,000, according to campaign finance records analyzed by the Center for Responsive Politics. Those figures don't include sums raised overseas by both party committees or Romney's take from a pair of fundraisers in London during his visit there last week.
The sums are just a fraction of the more than $300 million Obama has raised overall and the $155 million raised by Romney, but every penny counts in a race that is neck and neck, as recent polls have shown. (AP, 7/30/12) Read more.
House rejects bill limiting DC abortions
House rejects bill limiting DC abortions
The House voted down a bill Tuesday night that would have criminalized abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy, based on research showing that fetuses can feel pain after 20 weeks.
The bill won a 220-154 majority of House members, but Republicans chose to bring up the bill under a suspension of House rules, which required a two-thirds vote for passage.
Predictably, the two-thirds vote requirement doomed the bill from the start. Seventeen Democrats voted with Republicans, but the lack of more substantial support from Democrats meant that the debate and vote were more about letting both parties make political points about abortion that might play in the election, and much less about actually legislating.
The 17 Democrats were also undercut by six Republicans who voted against the measure, and two Republicans who voted "present."
Nonetheless, Republicans used the 40-minute debate to argue that despite the decades-old Supreme Court ruling allowing abortions, Congress should act to spare unborn babies from the pain associated with that procedure.
"The gruesome late-term abortion of unborn children who can feel pain is the greatest atrocity in the United States today," said Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), who sponsored the District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, H.R. 3803.
"Medical science regarding the development of unborn babies and their capacities at various stages of growth has advanced dramatically, and incontrovertibly, it demonstrates that unborn children clearly do experience pain," he said. "If we cannot find the will and the courage to protect human babies from being tortured, then what claim on human compassion remains to us?"
Reps. Steve King (R-Iowa) and Chris Smith (R-N.J.) brought a chart to the House floor during debate that detailed how doctors abort fetuses in some late term abortions, by pulling apart the fetus with special tools.
"There's a special tool to squeeze that little baby's head and crush that head and then pull it out," King said. "Who of us could watch such a procedure? Who of us could conduct such a procedure?" (The Hill) Read more.
- Day by day, vote by vote, law by law . . . we are beginning to look more and more like Nazi Germany with each move man is taking. We are particularly grieved over this news, because the shedding of innocent blood will bring a curse upon the land. Cry out to our God for MERCY, and pray that the darkness that seems to surround the souls of the majority of our lawmakers be pierced through by the glorious Light of Christ. In His Name, amen.
- "For he had filled Jerusalem with innocent blood, and the LORD was not willing to forgive." (2 Kings 24:4)
Report: US sees Israeli strike on Iran in October
Report: US sees Israeli strike on Iran in October
A senior and widely respected analyst with Israel's Channel 2 News said in Friday's pre-Shabbat newscast that top American officials have become convinced that Israel will launch a military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities in October, just one month before the US presidential election. Ehud Yaari had just returned from a trip to Washington, where he told viewers that he had met with "the people one needs to talk with about this matter," and that "my impression is that the Americans are convinced that there is very high chance that Israel will decide to attack in Iran before the elections in the US."
According to Yaari, American officials see an Israeli strike on Iran as almost a foregone conclusion, and are focusing on their response to the possible outcomes of such an action.
Israel's Ha'aretz daily newspaper reported on Sunday that the Obama Administration had recently briefed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on its own back-up plan to bomb Iran should ongoing international diplomatic efforts fail.
An unnamed American official cited by the newspaper suggested that the Obama White House was increasingly seeing the futility of the diplomatic tug-of-war between Iran and the international community, and was working feverishly to put together a viable attack plan.
That source said that Netanyahu had received a detailed overview of the developing American attack plan and the weapons that would be brought to bear on Iran's nuclear facilities should it be enacted.
Last week, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak stated that as much as both Israel and the US may want to avoid striking Iran, attacking its nuclear program now would be far less costly and deadly than dealing with a nuclear-armed Iran in the future.
"It is perfectly clear to me that dealing with this challenge when it matures, if it matures, will be inestimably more complex, inestimably more dangerous and inestimably more costly in human life and resources," Barak said during a ceremony for the graduating class of Israel's National Defense College.
(Israel Today) Read more.
Prayers Offered by Intercessors for Israel
- Concerning Iran, our first burden was that Israeli leaders - especially those currently out of office - would keep their opinions to themselves. Unless there is a disinformation campaign that they are all in on, there is way too much talk about Iran. Attack! Don't attack! Strike now! Wait for America! Enough!
- "Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things . . . And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. So the tongue is set among our members, spotting all the body and inflaming the course of nature, and being inflamed by hell." (James 3:5-6)
- Lord, shut the mouths of the lions who are trying to destroy that which You are orchestrating.
Hedge in the media and do not allow them to use these so-called experts as a source of confusion.
- Let the words of [their] mouth and the meditation of [their] heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD, [Israel's] Rock and Redeemer. ( Lord, shut the mouths of the lions who are trying to destroy that which You are orchestrating. Hedge in the media and do not allow them to use these so-called experts as a source of confusion. Let the words of [their] mouth and the meditation of [their] heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD, [Israel's] Rock and Redeemer. (Psalms 19:14)
Rick Ridings: URGENT Call to Prayer
Rick Ridings: URGENT Call to Prayer
Dear Friends (and USRPN), Rick Ridings, director of Succat Hallel in Jerusalem, Israel, has just released a video prayer alert concerning the very real and serious threat of chemical weapons from Syria being unleashed upon their people, or upon Israel. Please click here to view the new video releases broadcast today.
We ask that you would pray with us for Syria and Israel in this critical season according to the prayer directives given in the video. Above all else let's remember that the King of kings is the ultimate victor, and it's by praying for righteousness and justice in the midst of this sobering situation that we will see Him move!
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
Reformation Prayer Network
CHPP joins Mike and Cindy Jacobs and the Reformation Prayer Network, along with Rick Ridings in Jerusalem, for this urgent need for prayer for Israel at this time. Thank you.
Joel Rosenberg on Possible Strike this Fall
COULD ISRAEL STRIKE IRAN IN SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER?
NETANYAHU WARNS TIME IS RUNNING OUT
(Washington, D.C., August 2, 2012) -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta yesterday that time is running out for the international community to neutralize the Iranian nuclear threat. Yes, economic sanctions are seriously harming Iran's economy, but Netanyahu is making clear that he doesn't see the sanctions actually having any effect on changing Tehran's feverish bid to build nuclear weapons.
"However forceful our statements, they have not convinced Iran that we are serious about stopping them," Netanyahu told reporters. "Right now the Iranian regime believes that the international community does not have the will to stop its nuclear programme." What's more, Netanyahu said, sanctions have "yet to move its nuclear programme even a millimetre backwards."
One sobering scenario to consider: Netanyahu may decide to strike Iran in September and/or October, prior to the national elections here in the U.S. Israel is awash with rumors of this possibility. Indeed, former Mossad chief Ephraim Halevy is telling reporters, "If I were an Iranian, I would be very fearful of the next 12 weeks."
Why? Here's the logic of an autumn strike:
1. If Mr. Netanyahu believes Israel has to hit Iran before Iran hides their nuclear program in impenetrable underground tunnels (possibly by the end of this year) then he may choose to launch the attack at a time when it's most politically difficult for President Obama to oppose or undermine Israeli military action.
2. Support for Israeli security is becoming a key issue in the 2012 campaign between President Obama and Governor Romney, and Netanyahu may calculate that the President would feel compelled to do everything he could to help Israel this fall in order to win votes for November.
3. If Netanyahu does not strike this fall, and Mr. Obama wins re-election, Netanyahu has to consider the possibility that the White House would be even less inclined to support an Israeli strike next year. Indeed, Mr. Obama would not be facing another election and thus could, potentially, really turn the screws on Israel and take actions designed to block preemptive action.
4. If Netanyahu concludes that Governor Romney is going to win in November, and if he believes Romney would be more supportive of a preemptive strike, the Israeli PM might choose to delay such a first strike until early next year when the Romney administration could be more robust partners in such an action. (Joel Rosenberg)
Joel's Prayer Requests:
- Please keep praying for the Lord's will to be done throughout the epicenter.
- Please pray for Israel's leaders to have great wisdom and discernment.
- Please pray that the Lord brings down the regime in Tehran and replaces it with a moderate, rational, peaceful government.
- Please pray for the Lord to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, and prevents Syria's chemical weapons from being used at all.
- Please pray for all the followers of Jesus Christ in the region who facing great danger and persecution in the Islamic countries.
- Please keep praying for the peace of Jerusalem and the region, while also preparing for the very real possibility that the Lord could allow a major new war in the Middle East, and soon.
- Please also pray for a spirit of repentance to fall upon the people of Israel and for all Israelis to turn back to the Lord and read/obey the Bible. Amidst all the threats to Israel today, there is a gay pride parade underway in Jerusalem today. Oh, how I love Israel but it grieves me how far they are from the Lord who loves them so much. "Jerusalem staggers, Judah is falling; their words and deeds are against the Lord, defying his glorious presence. The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves." (Isaiah 3:8-9)
- Please pray the Lord shows the people of Israel great mercy at this critical time. May Israelis seek a spiritual awakening for themselves by following 2 Chronicles 7:14 and the Book of Joel and, of course, the teachings of Yeshua.
Aftermath: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day
Gov. Huckabee Basks In Success Of Chick-Fil-A
Appreciation Day: 'Big Day For America'
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee appeared on Wednesday's edition of Fox's Your World to bask in the success of today's national "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" he organized as a means of showing support for the fast-food chain after its president came under fire for vocally opposing same-sex marriage.
"This is a big day not for Chick-fil-A but for America and people who believe that the First Amendment applies to everybody including Christians," Huckabee told guest host Eric Bolling. "A lot of people felt if you are a Muslim and you take the position against same-sex marriage, Rahm Emanuel will put his arm around you in a public ceremony like he did to [Louis] Farrakhan the very day he was condemning [Chick-fil-A President] Dan Cathy. And it's that that hypocrisy and inconsistency and intolerance and bigotry toward christians that a lot of people are just tired of."
Huckabee denied that there is any contact between his grassroots-organized demonstration and Chick-fil-A. "I didn't want to make it look as if there was some coordinating effort on their behalf. They never proposed this, they did not promote it. This was no big PR effort. If there was a spontaneous grassroots initiative that happened because people felt there was a basic sense of unfairness." (Medialite) Read more.
World Record Sales at Chick-fil-A
Somewhere, a Burger King ad man's toying with the idea of having "The King" declare himself "100% pro-life."
There's no shortage of local news stories out there about huge lines at the neighborhood CFA; if you're curious, these two, from Iowa and Kentucky, are fairly representative. Meanwhile, I assume some sort of "Unappreciation Day" is in the works on the left, if only to respond to such an impressive show of strength, but I don't know. (Political Outcast) Read more.
Official Chick-fil-A statement: Yesterday was "unprecedented"
Yesterday, Steve Robinson, executive VP of marketing at Chick-Fil-A released this statement in the aftermath of their Appreciation Day (which was launched by Governor Mike Huckabee earlier last month):
We are very grateful and humbled by the incredible turnout of loyal Chick-fil-A customers on August 1 at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country. Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day was not a company promotion; it was initiated by others.
We congratulate local Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and their team members for striving to serve each and every customer with genuine hospitality.
While we don't release exact sales numbers, it was an unprecedented day.
The Chick-fil-A culture and 66-year-old service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect - regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.
Our goal is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.
House lawmakers invite Chick-fil-A to roost in their districts
For all those politicians who were piling on Chick-fil-A last week, there are a bunch more rolling out the red carpet for the chicken chain.
A letter drafted by Mississippi Republican Rep. Alan Nunnelee praises the Atlanta-based fast food restaurant as an American success story and decries attacks mounted against it after company President Dan Cathy spoke out against same-sex marriage. Nunnelee's letter garnered 16 signatures from colleagues in the House of Representatives.
We write today to show support for the manner in which you have defended your values and reputation in the face of unfair and malicious criticism," the letter to Cathy begins.
"We are bewildered by those who would take offense at your values and would block the expansion of your business into their communities," it states. "We welcome Chick-fil-A's investment in our districts."
Nunnelee said he was moved to pen the letter after what he called a "vicious smear campaign" against the restaurant.
"The criticism they have received has been appalling," Nunnelee said. "Elected officials that are now threatening to block new Chick-fil-A restaurants in their cities are acting in a manner that is un-American. Demanding ideological conformity in order to be allowed to run your business is a dangerous precedent. It is like something that would happen in Soviet Russia." (Fox News) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Missy Franklin, Olympic Swimmer:
Trusts the Lord to help her "shine a little light"
on Hurting in Aurora, Colorado
"God is always there for me. I talk with Him before, during and after practice and competitions. I pray to Him for guidance. I thank Him for this talent He has given me and promise to be a positive role model for young athletes in all sports." -Missy Franklin
Seventeen-year-old Missy Franklin is still in high school, but this summer she has also been catapulted to the world stage of the Summer Olympics in London, as she swims in 7 events, striving for medals.
Over the weekend, Missy won a bronze medal with teammates in the 400 meter freestyle relay-in the race, she helped set an Olympic record of 3 minutes, 33.15 seconds.
But, Missy has had to deal with a huge distraction, as she attends high school and trains in Aurora, Colorado; ground zero for the recent tragic theater shooting.
When asked about it on the TODAY Show, Missy said, "My thoughts and prayers are constantly with the victims of Aurora and anyone else affected. Hearing that news was so hard, because even a lot of people at home hadn't heard it yet-in France, the time zone was so far ahead-so . . . waiting to hear from all my friends and family, to make sure they were okay, was just miserable."
"I'm thinking about them constantly, but I know that . . . the only thing I can do to make that situation any better is [to] put my focus here and hopefully do the best I can, to shine some light on Colorado, and make them proud."
Fortunately, Missy leans on her faith in God, as expressed in a Beliefnet interview where she explains how her relationship with the Lord grew. Read more.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
He Is No Fool
There once was a man born of high circumstance
Heir to advantage, He had every chance to succeed
But light from the cross made his dreams appear small
And to their surprise he went far--from it all
For the love of his Savior, for one priceless jewel
They could not understand so they called him a fool