Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, August 6, 2012
"At the acceptable time I listened to you, and on the day of salvation helped you." (2 Corinthians 6:2)
The Daily Brief
1. Russia reportedly sending warships with marines to Syrian waters - LA Times
Amid the continued uprising in Syria, the Russian Defense Ministry on Friday issued somewhat contradictory statements about a group of its naval warships steaming into the eastern Mediterranean.
- Father God, as Your will prevails we trust that Russia's warships coming into Syrian waters very close to Israel will not preempt a war. Reveal the intent and purpose of these warships, what their plans are, and bring revelation that will disclose their mission. God, by Your hand hold back the disruptive powers of darkness in this volatile area that could otherwise erupt into violent actions. Thank You, Lord, for Your divine intervention. In Jesus' Name.
- "So shall they fear the Name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him."(Isaiah 59:19)
2. Moscow Signs Oil Deal With Syria, Sends Ships - Moscow Times
Syria has reached an agreement with ally Russia to secure much-needed fuel, as a delegation sent by President Bashar Assad asked Moscow to help alleviate the effects of sanctions on the war-torn country.
- God, the sanctions that have been placed on Syria have put the country under dire straights regarding the basic needs of the country. The enemies of Israel have joined together to supply those needs overriding the sanctions, but there has been armaments brought in as well as 60,000 Russians employed in Syria. So God, we call upon Your holy intelligence to take these factions and President Assad, and bend all this to fulfill what Your plans are for Syria. Bring repentance from sin to godliness upon this country - and its people- that they might see a great light from heaven and fall before the Lord God of Israel and be saved. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Say unto God, How terrible are Your works! Through the greatness of Your power shall Your enemies submit themselves unto You." (Psalm 66:3)
3. Report: Syria moves missiles to Lebanese border - Ynet News
The Syrian army has moved new surface-to-air missile batteries to the Lebanese border, Arab media reported Friday. The report comes after Israel had warned it will strike Syria's chemical facilities if President Bashar Assad transfers his chemical stockpile to Hezbollah.
- Lord God, strike the ground that is before President Assad, stop him in his tracks, and open his ears to hear the voice of the Lord. Alert him of the results of his evil decisions and how he affects the lives of the Syrian people. God, take the scepter out of his hands and save the people from mass destruction under this non wielded leadership. Hold back the forces of the shadow government that is attempting to control this situation. Block the transference of Syria's chemical stockpile to Hezbollah. Pull all this chaos down to agree with God's eternal plan for this country. In Jesus' Name.
- "According to their deeds, accordingly God will repay, fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies: to the islands He will repay recompense."(Isaiah 59:18)
4. After defeat of Senate cybersecurity bill, Obama weighs executive-order option - The Hill
Senate Republicans recently blocked cybersecurity legislation, but the issue might not be dead after all.
- God, stand in the gap for America as Your presence fills the area where executive orders are drawn up and signed, and let nothing be signed that is not Your perfect will. Take control of this document and block any preemptive signing into law that has been blocked by the Senate Republicans. Reveal all hidden ramifications of this bill and block any executive order by holy resistance. In Jesus' Name.
- "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered: let them also that hate Him flee in defeat before Him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God." (Psalm 68:1-2)
5. 7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis.; Officials Believe 'White Supremacist' Behind 'Domestic Ter - ABC News
Seven people were shot and killed today at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., in what officials are treating as a case of domestic terrorism.
- God, we never looked for this type of action to happen in America, so we ask that You bring good out of this circumstance. We pray for the souls of the families affected by this event that they will turn to God in heaven and their lives be changed for the good forever because they found Christ as their Savior and made room for Him in their life. Father, also break into the lives of those responsible for this incident and deliver them from evil. Save their souls by the blood of Jesus. In His Name we pray.
-"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord ponders the hearts." (Proverbs 21:2)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and for Your truth's sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever He has pleased." (Psalm 115:1-3)
1. Israel upgrades Arrow 2 anti-missile system - Ynet News
Israel is upgrading its Arrow II ballistic missile shield in a US-backed "race" against Iran, Syria and other regional enemies, a senior Israeli defense official said on Sunday.
2. Abbas to move on UN membership bid in September - Times of Israel
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will take a first procedural step toward seeking UN recognition of a state of Palestine when he addresses the General Assembly in late September, but has not decided when to ask for a vote on his request, the Palestinian foreign minister said Saturday.
3. US follows Israel's lead and issues Sinai travel warning, after Hamas frees terror chief - Times of Israel
A day after Israel told all citizens to leave the Sinai immediately, the US issued a travel warning to Americans to "take precautions in travel to the Sinai." It warned that "overland travel from Israel to the Sinai in particular is strongly discouraged."
4. IDF foils assault on southern border after terrorists kill 16 Egyptian soldiers - Times of Israel
A major effort by Gaza-based Palestinian terrorists to infiltrate into Israel was thwarted on the Israel-Egypt-Gaza border on Sunday night.
5. Israeli air strike kills Palestinian militant riding motorcycle in south Gaza Strip - Ha'aretz
An Israel Air Force craft targeted a motorcycle travelling in the Gaza city of Rafah on Sunday, killing one militant and wounding another.
The Daily Jot
The US, the Muslim Brotherhood and end time prophecies
The Turkish Ottoman Empire was an Islamic Caliphate that ruled over the Middle East, Eastern Europe and the Northern tier of Africa from 1299 to 1924. Over the 623 year span, its territory included Jerusalem, Medina and Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Algiers, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt Iraq, parts of Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan, Yemen, Hungary, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Yugoslavia, Kosovo, Serbia, and many of the former Soviet satellite nations. It ruled over more of the Biblical Middle East than did the Roman Empire. It is often overlooked by Bible scholars as an empire that suffered what appeared to be a fatal blow in 1924, but is surely on its way to revival with the help of the United States.
The coalescing force behind the revival of the Islamic Caliphate is the Muslim Brotherhood (MB). Founded in 1928 to reestablish the Caliphate, the MB is a self-described Pan-Islamic religious, political and social movement. The MB creed is: "Allah is our objective; the Quran is our law, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of Allah is the highest of our aspirations." The MB wishes to establish Shariah Law as the basis for controlling the affairs of state and society, and to unify all Islamic and Arab states under the Caliphate. The MB also has a plan to take over the United States and place it under Sharia Law and the Caliphate. The MB long has been considered a terrorist sponsoring group.
News reports have indicated that the occupant of the Oval Office has appointed many Islamists with ties to the MB to high level positions within the US government, including Homeland Security and the Pentagon. Most notable is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's top aide Huma Abedin, whose brother, mother, and deceased father are all confirmed to have leadership ties to the MB. This may well connect the dots between this Administration's assistance of the MB in government takeovers in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Yeman, and now Syria, where the MB has announced it is funding a military arm to help topple the Assad regime. The MB is using the facade of democracy to gain Western support as it works to reestablish the Caliphate.
It long has been taught as fact that the Roman empire will revive and an antichrist beast government will arise from it. Problem is, the Roman Empire did not extend over the Middle East nations mentioned in most every end time prophecy as those who will come against Jerusalem in the Day of the Lord. The one empire that did, the Ottoman Empire, an Islamic Caliphate, is often disregarded by Bible scholars. Daniel 12:4 says of the time of the end, "Many will rush here and there as knowledge increases." As our knowledge increases in viewing current events, we see the nations aligning against Jerusalem as prophesied in the Bible, and the meaning of these prophecies becomes clearer. The MB and the US appear to be instruments of helping bring about the end time beast alliance.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
On the Campaign Trail
Bill Clinton to Have Leading Role at Party's Convention
Former President Bill Clinton is set to play a central part in the Democratic convention, aides said, and will formally place President Obama's name into nomination by delivering a prime-time speech designed to present a forceful economic argument for why Mr. Obama deserves to win a second term.
The prominent role of Mr. Clinton, which is scheduled to be announced on Monday, signals an effort by the Obama campaign to pull out all the stops to rally Democrats when they gather for their party's national convention in Charlotte, N.C. An even more important audience will be the voters across the country who will see the address carried by television networks.
"There isn't anybody on the planet who has a greater perspective on not just the last four years, but the last two decades, than Bill Clinton," David Axelrod, a top strategist to the Obama campaign, said in an interview on Sunday. "He can really articulate the choice that is before people."
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. will appear on the final night of the convention, making the case for Mr. Obama before the largest audience of the week during an outdoor speech at the Bank of America Stadium. The vice president and Mr. Obama will appear together on stage before they accept the party's nomination for a second term in the White House. (New York Times) Read more.
Bill Koenig Reports --
Report from the White House Press Room
Israel's Border Challenges
Bill Koenig is a member of the White House Press Corps and is a good friend of our ministry.
Today we begin a series of videos, recently taped from inside the White House Press Room, with breaking news reported by Mr. Koenig. (Used with permission.)
We trust you will be blessed as you review Bill's reports. You may also learn more about his work by visiting his website at: www.watch.org.
To view today's report, go here.
Court Approves Use of Domestic Drone
Court upholds domestic drone in citizen's arrest
A North Dakota court has preliminarily upheld the first-ever use of an unmanned drone to assist in the arrest of an American citizen. A judge denied a request to dismiss charges Wednesday against Rodney Brossart, a man arrested last year after a 16-hour standoff with police at his Lakota, N.D., ranch. Brossart's lawyer argued that law enforcement's "warrantless use of [an] unmanned military-like surveillance aircraft" and "outrageous governmental conduct" warranted dismissal of the case, according to court documents obtained by U.S. News. (U.S. New and World Report) Read more.
- Ask our Lord to move upon the hearts of the president and the military he oversees, so that the use of these drones would be restricted only to foreign soil. Pray!
- "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
How Iran Plans to End Ramadan
Iran to end Ramadan by shooting monkey to space
The director of the Iranian Space Agency, Hamid Fazeli, announced on Wednesday plans to send a live monkey into space.
"At the moment, launching a spaceship which will carry a monkey is on the agenda and I hope this will be done after the holy month of Ramadan," said Fazeli.
The Tehran Times and Mehr News reported on Wednesday that a rhesus monkey will board a rocket called Kavoshgar-5 (Explorer-5), where it will be placed into a biological capsule. (CNS News) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Utah School Board Drops Obama's National Assessments
The state school board decided to withdraw Friday from a consortium of states working to develop tests based on new Common Core academic standards, after months of pressure from some conservatives.
Mainly, the move appeared to be a way to quiet some of the controversy surrounding the standards and help Utah move forward in choosing new tests from among a number of options, including the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, from which Utah withdrew Friday . . .
"I just don't know that we need to be in Smarter Balanced at this time," said board member Dave Thomas. "... Given all the controversy surrounding it and the fact that I don't know that it benefits us right now, that's the reason I vote to withdraw."
However, the move pleased some of those who have been the most vocal critics of the consortium and the Common Core. The Common Core standards, which Utah voluntarily adopted two years ago, describe the concepts students should learn in each grade to be ready for college and careers. In the next few years, Utah will need to adopt new tests to reflect those new standards.
Critics had worried that the state's involvement in the consortium would lead to federal intrusion into Utah schools, because the consortium had accepted federal dollars to help develop the assessments.
"Assessments should be our choice, and we shouldn't get in any entanglements of any kind that obligates us as a state to any kind of assessment," said Gayle Ruzicka, head of the conservative Utah Eagle Forum. She said Utah is now free to use tests developed locally, though state education leaders have repeatedly emphasized that membership in the consortium didn't obligate Utah to any test.
And Alisa Ellis, a Heber parent who helped organize an anti-Common Core event last month, said of the state board, "I applaud their willingness to listen to the people and get out of the testing."
Both women, however, said they'd still like to see Utah drop the Common Core standards as well.
Utah critics of the standards have claimed they will also result in federal intrusion into state schools, though the standards were not federally developed or imposed. Opponents worry they will mean a loss of local control.
" . . .on Friday, a state school board committee voted to ask a State Office of Education group to examine whether to continue teaching cursive, though it's not a formal part of the Common Core. That committee will examine research related to cursive over the next school year and then report its findings to the state board, which may then choose to add it to the Common Core, though educators may continue to teach it regardless."
(Source: The Salt Lake Tribune) Read more.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
"The Mercy Seat"
Worship with us today at His Mercy Seat!