Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, August 22, 2012
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain" (1 Corinthians 15:58)
The Daily Brief
1. Report: Netanyahu "determined to attack Iran 'before US elections'"
- Times of Israel
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "is determined to attack Iran before the US elections," Israel's Channel 10 News claimed on Monday night, and Israel is now "closer than ever" to a strike designed to thwart Iran's nuclear drive.
The TV station's military reporter Alon Ben-David, who earlier this year was given extensive access to the Israel Air Force as it trained for a possible attack, reported that, since upgraded sanctions against Iran have failed to force a suspension of the Iranian nuclear program in the past two months, "from the prime minister's point of view, the time for action is getting ever closer."
The report added that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak believe Obama would have no choice but to give backing for an Israeli attack before the US presidential elections in November.
There is considerable opposition to an Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, the report noted - with President Shimon Peres, the army's chief of the General Staff and top generals, the intelligence community, opposition leader Shaul Mofaz, "and of course the Americans" all lined up against Israeli action at this stage. But, noted Ben-David, it is the Israeli government that would have to take the decision, and there Netanyahu is "almost guaranteed" a majority. (Read more)
- Lord, we are potentially on the brink of world war- may we pray accordingly! We pray Your guidance and superior wisdom for Israel as it bears the deadliest brunt of Iran's specific threats. With military action potentially set to occur prior to the U.S. elections, we realize that the window of time is very small - Lord we seek Your almighty protection over Israel; Lord we seek Your protection over our due process of voting this coming November, and over America - in Jesus' mighty name we pray!!
- "Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah" (Psalm 61: 1-4)
2. Iran's supreme leader orders fresh terror attacks on West - UK Telegraph
Iran's Supreme Leader has ordered the country's Revolutionary Guards to intensify its campaign of terror attacks against the West and its allies in retaliation for supporting the overthrow of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.
"The Iranian regime now seems determined to retaliate for what they regard as the West's attempts to influence the outcome of the Syrian unrest," said a senior Western intelligence official. Damascus is Iran's most important regional ally, and the survival of the Assad regime is regarded as vital..
The report, which was personally commissioned by Mr Khamenei, concluded that Iran's national interests were being threatened by a combination of the U.N. sanctions imposed over Iran's nuclear programme and the West's continuing support for Syrian opposition groups attempting to overthrow the Syrian government. It advised that the Iranian regime should demonstrate to the West that there were "red lines" over what it would accept in Syria, and that a warning should be sent to "America, the Zionists, Britain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and others that they cannot act with impunity in Syria and elsewhere in the region."
Mr Khamenei responded by issuing a directive to Qassem Suleimani, the Quds Force commander, to intensify attacks against the West and its allies around the world.
- Heavenly Father, place Your mighty hand upon these forces that determinedly seek to annihilate Israel, America and other nations. Lord, prevent their efforts! Protect Your people and the nation of Israel, and give us wisdom in these last days Lord, that You may be glorified on the earth! In Jesus' name.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
3. Who Does The Government Intend To Shoot? - Daily Caller
The Social Security Administration (SSA) confirms that it is purchasing 174 thousand rounds of hollow point bullets to be delivered to 41 locations in major cities across the U.S. No one has yet said what the purpose of these purchases is, though we are led to believe that they will be used only in an emergency to counteract and control civil unrest. Those against whom the hollow point bullets are to be used -- those causing the civil unrest -- must be American citizens; since the SSA has never been used overseas to help foreign countries maintain control of their citizens.
What would be the target of these 174, 000 rounds of hollow point bullets? It can't simply be to control demonstrators or rioters. Hollow point bullets are so lethal that the Geneva Convention does not allow their use on the battle field in time of war. Hollow point bullets don't just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the body, spread out, fragment and cause maximum damage to the body's organs. Death often follows.
If this were only a one time order of ammunition, it could easily be dismissed. But there is a pattern here. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has ordered 46,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition. Notice that all of these purchases are for the lethal hollow nose bullets. This is serious ammunition manufactured to be used for serious purposes.
In the war in Iraq, our military forces expended approximately 70 million rounds per year. In March DHS ordered 750 million rounds of hollow point ammunition. It then turned around and ordered an additional 750 million rounds of miscellaneous bullets including some that are capable of penetrating walls. This is enough ammunition to empty five rounds into the body of every living American citizen. Is this something we and the Congress should be concerned about? What's the plan that requires so many dead Americans, even during times of civil unrest? Has Congress and the Administration vetted the plan in public. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty, the signs of danger-filled times are upon us as described in Your Word. We pray that these ammo purchases will quickly become an issue of open public discussion, before the Congress and in the communities of America! Let it be revealed whether it is even legal for all these government departments to be purchasing tremendous quantities of lethal ammunition, and why! Expose the plans of those purchasing these weapons before it is too late for the citizens of America! Protect us Lord God Almighty, in Jesus' Name!
- "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! ...but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all," (2 Timothy 3: 1-5, 9)
4. Russia, China warn West on Syria after Obama threats - Reuters
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has warned the West not to take unilateral action on Syria, saying that Russia and China agree that violations of international law and the United Nations charter are impermissible.
- Lord, bring a supernatural wave of the Holy Spirit over the land of Syria! May those who believe in You be used by You to end the destruction of their people and their nation, and to bring Glory to Your name. Direct, by Your omniscient power, the nations vying for power and positioning themselves to exert influence - and bring down the wicked in Your name, Jesus!
- "You have made the earth tremble; You have broken it; heal its breaches, for it is shaking." (Psalm 60:2)
5. Lesbian who reported 'hate crime' attack staged incident, Nebraska police say - CNN
A Nebraska "hate crime" that targeted an openly gay woman and that triggered responses - from candlelight vigils locally (raising more than $1,800, all of which was deposited in an account for Rogers) to Facebook postings of support nationwide - was staged by the alleged victim, authorities said Tuesday as they charged the woman with lying to police.
Charlie Rogers -- a former basketball player for the University of Nebraska who identifies herself as lesbian -- told police that three masked men entered her home on July 22, stripped her, tied her down, and carved homophobic slurs into her body before attempting to set her and the house on fire. Rogers reported to police that she was lying on her bed when the alleged attackers held her down and carved "derogatory words" into her arms and abdomen and "a cross" in her chest. She told police she was then rolled onto her stomach where more cuts were made.
According to the Lincoln Police Department complaint, Rogers, 33, provided information "she knew to be false" with the intent to "instigate an investigation of an alleged criminal matter." "These were serious allegations that garnered national attention and spread fear among local citizens," the police statement said. "A great deal of time and resources were spent investigating Charlie Rogers' claims in hopes of identifying and arresting the three suspects in this case."
- Dear Lord God, we are deeply grieved for Mz. Rogers' spiritual condition and pray for her deliverance and salvation in the name of Jesus. We present our complaint before you Lord, that although she claimed a "hate crime" had been committed against herself, no such words are used to describe the lies she fabricated and went to great lengths to act out. Bring justice and reverence in this nation for the seriousness of Your Word and its warnings. Protect Your people from the slurs and attacks of the unrighteous, in Jesus' name.
- " And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them." (Romans 1:28-32)
6. Record radiation in Fukushima fish - AFP
A pair of greenlings have shown the highest level of radioactive caesium detected in fish and shellfish caught in waters off Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, its operator said today. Fishermen have been allowed since June to catch - on an experimental basis - several kinds of fish and shellfish, but only in areas more than 50 kilometres off the plant.
- Heavenly Father, as the depth and breadth of the effects of the tsunami and earthquakes on the Fukushima nuclear power plant continue to expand, we again ask You for salvation for the nation of Japan, that its people may know You the only One with the power to reverse the serious consequences of the nuclear power plants devastating damages. We pray in Jesus' name.
- " God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: that Power belongs to God. " (Psalm 62:11)
7. Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 likely to become hurricane - Jackson Clarion Ledger
Path threatens Florida, southeastern U.S.
Tropical Storm Isaac is likely to become Hurricane Isaac and the first major storm to impact or strike the United States in 2012.
There's also concern that as Hurricane Isaac, the storm's path may lead to Florida, impacting the Republican National Convention slated for Tampa Aug. 27-30.
At this point, forecasters say the Tropical Storm Isaac track is most likely to impact Florida, Alabama, Georgia and perhaps even South Carolina early next week (Monday through Wednesday). Read more.
- Begin to pray NOW about this storm and, in the mighty, merciful name of Jesus, COMMAND THIS STORM OUT TO SEA. Come into agreement that this system will either dissipate or turn away from the U.S. Coast, doing no harm anywhere. In His Name, amen.
- "The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"" (Matthew 8:27)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
In that day this song shall be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city; He sets up salvation as our walls and banks. Open the gates, and the righteous nation shall enter in, keeping faithfulness.You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You - because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever; for in the LORD YHWH is everlasting strength. (Isaiah 26:1-4)
1. Egyptian Cleric: People Thirst for Jews' Blood - Arutz Sheva
Hamas's Al Aqsa TV has aired sermons by an Egyptian cleric in which he says that people he meets everywhere "thirst for the blood of the Jews." The video was monitored and translated by MEMRI.
2. Iranian ayatollah: Avoid war with Israel - Ynet News
Amid the heated debate in Israel regarding the possibility of a solo attack on Iran and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's harsh statements against the Jewish state, Ayatollah Yousef Sanei, one of the leading interpreters of Muslim law in Iran, has urged the Islamic Republic not to fan the flames of war with Israel.
3. Lieberman urges strict enforcement of peace treaty as Cairo sends tanks, planes into Sinai - Times of Israel
Foreign minister warns Camp David Accords at risk if Israel does not object to Egypt's unilateral despatch of extra forces into the border zone
Verses to Decree When Going into War
Verses to Decree When Going into War
Today's headlines on the Daily Brief reflect much talk of possible war among the nations.
In the current climate, we turn to the LORD for His wisdom and guidance as we continue to pray "for all in authority" as the Scripture mandates, for indeed, it is written, "There is a time for war." (Eccl. 3:8)
We now lift up, in particular, the Prime Minister of the Nation of Israel, Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, as he ponders the threat his nation is facing in this hour, praying these Scriptures for him.
We also lift up the man who occupies the Oval Office, Barack Hussein Obama,
as he considers America's role in these rapidly unfolding events.
We wish to thank the ministry of Intercessors for Israel, who have published these verses for all of us. Shalom.
Decrees for those who make war:
1) Lord, enable the leaders in Israel who will need to make this fateful decision be like the "sons of Issachar, men who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do." (1 Chronicles 12:32)
2) "Purposes are established by counsel; and with good advice make war." (Proverbs 20:18)
3) "For by wise counsel you shall make your war; and in a multitude of wise men there is safety." (Proverbs 24:6)
4) "I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will save your sons." (Isaiah 49:25)
5) Lord of Hosts, please anoint the IDF's Chief of Staff Gantz to lead Israel's military at this specific time. "In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire . . . They shall devour all the peoples all around, on the right hand and on the left. And Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her place - in Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:6)
On the Campaign Trail
Newsweek's Obama Slam Could Be Turning Point
Ronald Kessler reporting from Washington, D.C. - The financial crisis a few weeks before the last presidential election was enough to push Barack Obama over the top. This week's Newsweek cover slamming President Obama could have almost as much impact.
"Hit the Road, Barack - Why We Need a New President" the cover says. "Obama's Gotta Go" the article inside says.
Journalists are not idiots. They recognize that Obama, as the Newsweek cover story documents, has been a failure. But they are also lemmings who will not depart from their traditional support of Democrats unless given permission by their peers. The cover story in Newsweek, one of the most liberal-leaning publications in the country, does just that.
Because of support by the press, Obama became president in the first place and has held his own against Mitt Romney in polls.
Three months before the story of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr.'s connection to Obama finally broke in the mainstream media, I began writing stories as chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com about Obama's close association with his America-bashing minister. The media, which had known generally about Wright since Obama announced his candidacy in February 2007, ignored the stories. If the media had picked them up then, Obama likely would not be president today. According to pollsters, largely as a result of the stories the press finally ran about Wright, Obama's double-digit lead over Hillary Clinton vanished. At the same time, John McCain shot up in the polls, and Hillary began winning the primaries. But by then, Obama was ahead, and it was too late for her to overcome his previous lead. Indeed, David Remnick's "The Ridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama" quotes an unidentified Clinton aide as saying, "If Jeremiah Wright had dropped in January , it [Obama's candidacy] would have been over."
Today, the media largely ignore Obama's daily distortions and record of failure, all documented in the Newsweek article. In contrast, after President Bush gave his 2003 State of the Union address, the press attacked him mercilessly for weeks over his 16-word statement that the British government had learned that Saddam Hussein sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.
In fact, the statement was true. After the British House of Commons Intelligence and Security Committee reviewed the MI6 intelligence about the claim involving Niger, it concluded in September 2003 that the British intelligence service was justified in continuing to say that Hussein had tried to obtain uranium from that country. The press then ignored the report showing that Bush's statement was indeed accurate.
But when Obama says the private sector of the economy is doing fine, belittles success, claims the Supreme Court cannot overrule a law passed by Congress, says he is not divisive even as he attacks Republicans, gratuitously injects race into his comments, or claims Romney and Paul Ryan would end Medicare as we know it, the press gives the president a pass.
None of this is lost on the public.
A recent Rasmussen poll found that 59 percent of likely U.S. voters believe Obama has received the best treatment from the media so far. Just 18 percent think Mitt Romney has been treated better.
Having been a reporter for the Washington Post and Wall Street Journal, I know how susceptible journalists are to the herd instinct. The Newsweek cover story in effect tells journalists it's OK to begin telling the truth about Obama and expose his presidency as the failure Newsweek says it is. For that reason, it could be a turning point in the election.
Ronald Kessler is chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com. He is the New York Times bestselling author of books on the Secret Service, FBI, and CIA. (Newsmax) Read more.
- We continue to lift up all members of the media in our nation -- broadcast and print -- before the Throne of Grace, that their reporting would be based upon facts only. And for those who have been reporting honestly,we ask our Lord to place His Hand of protection upon each one of them. In His Name, amen.
- "There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known." (Luke 12:2)
At the RNC: Good News On Marriage
At the RNC: Good News On Marriage
Conservative members of a platform subcommittee were able to preserve the platform's strong language on traditional marriage. An attempt to include civil unions in the platform was "resoundingly rejected," while language supported by conservatives was included. Here is an excerpt of the draft platform statement on marriage:
"The institution of marriage is the foundation of civil society. Its success as an institution will determine our success as a nation. It has been proven by both experience and endless social science studies that traditional marriage is best for children.
"Children raised in intact married families are more likely to attend college, are physically and emotionally healthier, are less likely to use drugs and alcohol, are less likely to engage in crime and are less likely to get pregnant outside of marriage.
"The success of marriage directly impacts the economic well-being of individuals. Furthermore the future of marriage affects freedom. The lack of family formation not only leads to more government cost, but also more government control over the lives of its citizens in all facets."
That last paragraph is an especially important consideration that I hope Republican candidates at every level will come to appreciate and emphasize, just as Mitt Romney did in his speech to the NAACP.
There is no government program that can make up for the breakdown of the family. Those who insist we ignore values issues in favor of a more libertarian, limited government message would do well to reconsider the relationship between the decline of the family and the growth of the big government welfare state. (Gary Bauer)
White House Iftar
White House Iftar
Earlier this month, President Obama hosted his 4th annual White House Iftar dinner, the religious meal Muslims celebrate to end the Ramadan fast. The Iftar event stood in bold contrast to the National Day of Prayer. In four years, President Obama has neither hosted a White House NDP event nor sent a representative to the national event on Capitol Hill, as previous presidents have done. In his remarks, the President suggested that Thomas Jefferson may have hosted the first White House Iftar Dinner and he showcased the Koran from Jefferson's library (Fact: Thomas Jefferson long advocated using military force to deal with hostile Muslims in the Mediterranean and ordered the Marines to Tripoli among his first acts as President and had a Koran primarily to study the fanatical religion of his adversaries). President Obama's Iftar remarks are amazing reading. While he said great things about religious freedom, his tribute to Islam stands in shocking contrast to his dealings with Christians and the National Day of Prayer. He praised Muslims in positions throughout his administration.
- May Americans realize that God, alone, is our defense and obedience to Him our safety. May God elevate men and women in November who will be diligent in fulfilling government's primary responsibility - national security. May Revival restore obedience to Almighty God in our land!
- "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." (Psalm 20:7)
(Source: FRC Prayer Targets)
Don't Mess with Israel
Don't Mess with Israel
by Jim Bramlett
Once again, an America President if trying to interfere with Israeli internal politics, ignoring God's covenant land. The first time it brought unprecedented disgrace upon the White House and America. I suspect the same thing will happen now.
1. PRESENT. The administration of President Barack Obama has launched what officials termed a psychological warfare campaign meant to topple Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Sources in the administration and Congress asserted that the White House and State Department have sought to destabilize Netanyahu's government by forcing him to agree to an indefinite freeze on Jewish construction in the West Bank and most of Jerusalem as well as the establishment of a Palestinian state by 2012. They said the campaign sought to replace Netanyahu with opposition leader and former foreign minister Tsipi Livni. (World Tribune.)
2. PAST. On January 21, 1998, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu met with President Clinton. They discussed the peace plan and Israel surrendering covenant land for peace. . . Clinton met with Netanyahu and coldly received him. Clinton and Secretary of State Albright refused to have lunch with him. Shortly after the meeting ended, a sex scandal involving Clinton became headline news, totally consuming and virtually disabling the White House. This may have been the biggest scandal in the history of the America Presidency.
Based on this, watch for a major scandal or defeat involving the White House.
Don't mess with Israel. It ain't healthy.
- IT IS WRITTEN:
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Gen. 12:3)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Billy Graham's Final Call to America
For Billy Graham, it's always been about one thing.
From his 1949 tent revivals in Los Angeles, to the 16-week New York Crusades in 1957 to more than 200,000 flocking to Flushing Meadows, N.Y. in 2005 to hear him preach one last time.
It's always been about the Gospel.
In November 2013, one event will attempt to send that message out to the United States and Canada at one singular time. It's the biggest evangelistic undertaking for North America in the 60-years plus history of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
The name of this endeavor: My Hope with Billy Graham.
On the week of Billy Graham's 95th birthday, November 7, 2013 - Christians across the entire U.S., as well as Canada, will be invited to reach their nations like never before - one friend, one family member, one neighbor at a time.
Instead of filling a stadium or packing a park, My Hope with Billy Graham will take place in homes across America, where a 30-minute video presentation will be used as the catalyst to change hearts and lives.
Some have referred to My Hope as the "Living Room Crusade." Individuals, either on their own or through their local church, are being asked now to begin making a list of non-believers to pray for, people who are in need of the eternal and lasting hope that can only be found in Jesus Christ.
They are also being asked to register as host "Matthews" (Matthew invited his friends over to his home to meet Jesus) on the My Hope with Billy Graham website. (Read more)
A comment from the Family Research Council:
"Billy Graham's Final Call to America," explains Graham's powerful, hopeful plan: 1) It projects life beyond the Election and 2) it offers hope for America that transcends politics. If it succeeds it will impact every sphere of American culture, including government and public policy, for years to come. We must pray and work until November to elect candidates who best meet God's requirements for civil leadership (Ex 18:21), and we must support plans like Dr. Graham's. Jesus is America's hope!
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Lord I Need You
Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You