Some of you are seeing a red banner at the top of this page, saying that it is not safe to open this email. THAT STATEMENT IS FALSE. Please press "Ignore. I trust this message" in order to continue receiving the Daily Brief. Thank you.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be-
'The Lord is one,'
And His name one." (Zechariah 14:9)
> > > Introducing: "As One" - a national prayer campaign to take our cities for Christ! Please see below for details! Or:
click here to learn more about this united effort to call America to prayer.
Pray . . . and . . . Vote!
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1.Taylor Force, US Army veteran, graduate of West Point, stabbed & killed by Palestinian in Israel - Jerusalem Post
Vanderbilt graduate student Taylor Force, 29, was killed Tuesday evening by a Palestinian terrorist who went on a stabbing rampage in Jaffa in which 12 other people were wounded.
"This horrific act of violence has robbed our Vanderbilt family of a young hopeful life and all of the bright promise that he held for bettering our greater world," Vanderbilt chancellor Nicholas S. Zeppos wrote in a letter to the student body.
According to Force's LinkedIn profile, he had completed tours of duty with the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan.
After graduating from the US Military Academy at West Point in 2009, he served as a field artillery officer until 2014. (Read more)
- Father, we ask for Your Hand to comfort those who are grieving the loss of this fine young man tonight, in Your name, amen.
2. 'In next war, Hezbollah will fight inside Israel' - Israel Hayom
Lebanon's Hezbollah terrorist organization has its sights on a future war inside Israeli territory, despite its current focus on fighting to save Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime, Foreign Policy magazine reported late last week.
"In the next war, Hezbollah won't stay on the borders, and the Israeli settlements in the north will not be protected from this," the report quoted a source close to the group as saying. "Hezbollah will bring the war to them, and Israel's biggest concern is over Hezbollah's experience in Syria, as it now has the experience to be offensive rather than just defensive."
The report also cites security assessments that suggest Hezbollah has acquired tactical ballistic missiles, among other advanced weaponry.
3. Likud Ministers Shrug Off Palestinian Threat to End Security Cooperation With Israel; Say PA Would Be 'Shooting Itself in the Head' - Algemeiner
Two cabinet ministers from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party shrugged off a Palestinian Authority threat to cease all security cooperation with Israel.
Ze'ev Elkin and Yuval Steinitz told Israel Radio on Sunday that the PA has far more to lose through such a maneuver, with the former calling the threat "empty," and the latter saying the PA would be "shooting itself in the head" if it actually went through with it.
Elkin, who holds the Immigrant Absorption and Jerusalem Affairs portfolios, and Steinitz, minister of National Infrastructure, Energy and Water Resources, were responding to an ultimatum - based on recommendations by chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat - and delivered last month by heads of the PA's intelligence and security apparatus during a meeting with Israeli officials.
4. Negev Bedouin to hold first-ever municipal election - Times of Israel
Bedouin in the Negev Desert are to hold their first-ever municipal election, Israel's interior minister announced.
Aryeh Deri said the Neve Midbar and al-Kasom regional councils will hold an election on Nov. 29, Haaretz reported.
The regional councils, which include 11 villages, resulted from the split of the Abu Basma Regional Council in 2012. That council, established in 2004, was the first Bedouin municipal council in the Negev and was appointed rather than elected.
5. Netanyahu attacks Arab MKs who condemned the GCC's decision regarding Hezbollah - Jerusalem Online
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attacked this evening (Monday) the MKs from 2 of the Joint Arab List political parties, Balad and Hadash, for issuing a statement in which they condemned the Gulf Cooperation Council's decision to declare Hezbollah a terror organization. In a Knesset plenum discussion, Netanyahu turned to the MKs and asked: "Will you continue to condemn this when Hezbollah fires missiles at your villages? Have you lost your minds?"
There are changes going on in the Arab world," added Netanyahu.
6. Why has a Hebron village, home to 12 recent 'martyrs,' suddenly gone quiet? - Times of Israel
A'IR, West Bank - It is early afternoon in the center of this village near Hebron - a village that was home to the highest number of Palestinians killed in violence against Israel over the past five months (in proportion to the population). Twelve youngsters from Sa'ir, a village of some 18,000 that lies five miles northeast of Hebron, have died in this latest wave of terror and violence, some when carrying out attacks, others in clashes with Israeli troops.
Surprisingly, at first, however, we see no posters of shahids, or "martyrs," on the village walls. In most every village, city and refugee camp, posters hail the local shahids. But not here.
Three youngsters are the first to approach us. One of them introduces himself as Muataz Shalada. He is 20 years old, and knew two of the 12. "Their brother was a friend of mine," he says. Although he works in Israel, Shalada does not hesitate to say what everybody in Sa'ir says when asked about the "martyrs": "We are proud of them. They defended the homeland."
The Daily Brief
1. White House 'surprised' Netanyahu spurning offer to meet Obama - Times of Israel
The White House on Thursday expressed public surprise that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had rejected an offer to meet with the president later this month, and said it only learned Netanyahu was canceling his trip to the United States from the media.
In a sign of yet another round of tension between the Israeli and American leaderships, the administration also publicly rejected earlier Israeli reports that the White House had been unable to schedule a time for the meeting as "false."
Netanyahu's extraordinary decision to spurn the presidential invite came a year after Obama refused to meet with Netanyahu in Washington, citing the proximity to Israeli elections, in what was widely regarded as a sign of the strain in ties between the two leaders; Netanyahu spoke in Congress during that trip against the Iran deal, without coordinating that appearance ahead of time with the administration.
Reports had been circulating for more than a week that Netanyahu might skip the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's annual conference later this month given that Obama would be out of the country at the time. (Read more)
- Father, we ask You to ease the tension that is between our nation and Israel. This news saddens us because we have such love for Your people and want what is best for them. Lord God, You alone know the true reason for the Prime Minister canceling his trip to our nation. We ask Your forgiveness once again for President Obama's past rude actions towards Prime Minister Netanyahu, and hence, towards Israel. Lord, we ask You to silence the tangled web that the media will bring forth from this report. Let wisdom reign in those who are in authority over our nation. Lord Jesus, we bless Your Holy Name, Amen.
- [For all in authority] "A wise man will hear and increase in learning, And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel." ( Proverbs 1:5)
2. Biden Says U.S. Will Wipe Out The Evil That Is Islamic State - Bloomberg
Vice President Joe Biden said the U.S. will "wipe out this evil," in reference to Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria. Biden, addressing American troops in the United Arab Emirates, said the U.S. has carried out 1,800 airstrikes against the al-Qaeda breakway group since October. "We have to squeeze the heart of Daesh in Iraq and Syria," he said, using an Arabic acronym for the group.
Biden is on a Middle East trip, where many view the U.S. commitment in the fight against Islamic State with skepticism given the administration's reluctance to advance plans that would lead to the deployment of ground forces. In addition to the U.A.E., the vice president will also visit Israel, the Palestinian territories as well as Jordan. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for this attitude of resolve voiced by the Vice President. We pray that the administration will follow through with this plan in an effective way to rid the Middle East of this evil. We pray that You will protect our troops there and that our leaders will receive wisdom from You as to how to accomplish this task. Bless the rest of Vice President Biden's trip with a full revelation of Who You are in the midst of this regional conflict. We call him into righteousness before You, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The way of the just is uprightness; O Most Upright, You weigh the path of the just." (Isaiah 26:7)
3. UK police: Islamic State seeking 'spectacular attacks' on West - Jerusalem Post
LONDON- Islamic State fighters want to carry out "enormous and spectacular" attacks against Britain and the Western lifestyle in general, Britain's most senior anti-terrorism officer said on Monday. London Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said the threat from the group which has taken over large parts of Syria and Iraq was evolving, and that it was keen to repeat elsewhere incidents such as last year's Paris shootings and suicide attacks that killed 130 people.
"What we are now seeing in recent months...is the broadening of that threat, more plans to attack Western lifestyle...going from that narrow focus on police and military and symbols of the state to something much broader," Rowley told reporters. (Read more)
- Oh, Lord, we must depend on You to help peaceful countries defend themselves from this demonic organization called ISIS. Please give all authorities wisdom in dealing with the intelligence that comes in and have the resolve to deal with it effectively.
We call for intercessors to raise up a standard against this threat so that all plans of evil men are turned around and become harmless. Lord, we pray for You to speak to those involved in ISIS by dreams, visions, and personal witnesses to turn their hearts to You and the way of peace.
- "The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth." (Psalms 34:16)
4. 'Game changer': How the EU may shut Turkish door on migrants - Reuters
A European Union draft deal with Turkey to stop migrants reaching Greece introduces a harder edge of coercion to what critics have derided as a hitherto feeble EU response to a crisis tearing it apart. Just last week, some saw European Council President Donald Tusk running short on ideas when he urged would-be migrants: "Do not come to Europe." UKIP, a party campaigning to take Britain out of the EU at a June referendum, said his "weak plea" was "too little too late to stop the vast migrant flow into Europe".
Yet what Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu called a "game-changing" plan for Turkey to forcibly take back not only economic migrants who make it to Greek islands off its coast but even refugees from Syria, who will then suffer disadvantages, is the strongest move yet to change the calculus of migration. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up this humanitarian crisis to You. We pray for this movement of peoples to ultimately be for Your Glory. We pray for each migrant to hear the true Gospel of Christ and Way of salvation. We also pray for the native peoples of Europe to be revitalized in their traditional Christian beliefs, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone." (Ephesians 2:19-20)
5. In drills, U.S., South Korea practice striking North's nuclear plants, leaders - Washington Post
TOKYO - The United States and South Korea kicked off major military exercises on Monday, including rehearsals of surgical strikes on North Korea's main nuclear and missile facilities and "decapitation raids" by special forces targeting the North's leadership. The drills always elicit an angry response from Pyongyang, but Monday's statement was particularly ferocious, accusing the United States and South Korea of planning a "beheading operation" aimed at removing Kim Jong Un's regime. The North Korean army and people "will take military counteraction for preemptive attack so that they may deal merciless deadly blows at the enemies," the North's powerful National Defense Commission said in a statement. (Read more)
- Dear God, as we watch the nations battling for power, we are reminded of Who You are, our most High God, El Elyon. We ask You to keep watch over North Korea and its Nuclear weapons. Father, we ask for protection, wisdom and discernment for our military as the special forces of the US and South Korea come together in major military exercises which are infuriating Kim Jong- Un. We ask You, Father, for Your precious blood to cover our nation and South Korea as these exercises are carried out. We decree that " Whatever the enemy has set in motion, will be reversed " as we lay this battle at Your feet. We do not fear! In Jesus name we pray, amen.
- "We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed, we are perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted but not forsaken: struck down, but not destroyed."
(2 Corinthians 4: 8-9)
6. US 'takes seriously' North Korea nuclear threat - Space Daily
The United States said Monday it takes North Korea's threat of a pre-emptive nuclear strike seriously but will not scale back planned military exercises that have outraged Pyongyang. State Department spokesman John Kirby said the North's recent behavior - conducting tests of a nuclear device and a long-range rocket - had already led to new UN sanctions against Kim Jong-Un's regime.
'Kim Jong-Un has a choice he can make, which he clearly seems unwilling to make, which is to ratchet down the tension on the peninsula, to focus his resources and energy on the people of North Korea and on peace and security there in the region, rather than trying to up the ante with these kinds of comments,' he said.
Earlier Monday, Pyongyang had warned of pre-emptive and 'indiscriminate' nuclear strikes against South Korea and the United States as the two allies started the military exercises. But the US military has downplayed the risk from the impoverished and isolated authoritarian regime's nuclear arsenal and is going ahead with a joint annual exercise with Seoul involving 300,000 South Korean and around 17,000 US troops.
Kirby said Washington's commitment to South Korea's security was '100 percent' and that North Korea's posturing only made the exercises, a regular event for decades, all the more important. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that our nation continues to maintain its strong stance in the defense of the nation of South Korea, and that we are not deterred by the sabre- rattling of Kim Jong-Un. Help us to stand strong for You, Lord, and in the defense of all free nations in the world. We ask this in Your name. Amen.
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
7. Record 61 million immigrants in U.S., 15.7 million illegally - Washington Examiner
There are a record 61 million immigrants and their American-born children in the United States, including an estimated 15.7 million illegally here, according to a new analysis of 2015 U.S. Census data. The estimated number of undocumented immigrants is one of the highest ever. The analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies found that 45.3 million, or three-fourths of the 61 million, are legal immigrants and their children. The report out Monday notes that the so-called "Gang of Eight" immigration bill supported by GOP presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio would have would have doubled that number of legal immigrants. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we pray against the diluting of the Judeo-Christian heritage, culture, and laws of our country as we hear of more and more immigrants coming to the US. We pray that You would stop all laws that would allow more to come here, especially from areas that are hostile to the purposes for which You founded this country. Bless those, Lord, who are here for the right reasons and cause to be turned away those who mean us harm. We pray for massive revival to hit our country and for those who are new here to be thoroughly converted to You. Lord, send a strengthening of the Body of Christ in this land. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Be watchful, and strengthen the things that remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God." (Revelations 3:2)
8. Intel Whistle-Blowers Fear Government Won't Protect Them - Bloomberg
Nearly three years after Edward Snowden bypassed the intelligence community's own process for reporting wrongdoing and leaked troves of classified documents to Glenn Greenwald, the system for protecting whistle-blowers inside the national security state remains broken. This is the view of current and former intelligence officials, national security lawyers and the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Their message is simple: Whistle-blowers are often too intimidated to take their case to the inspectors general and Congress. "There is a systemic problem with the whistle-blower process," Representative Devin Nunes told me. "There is no easy way for them to come forward that doesn't jeopardize their careers, across the whole defense and intelligence community enterprise." (Read more)
- Father God, we pray our public servants will have the courage to expose unconstitutional activities, waste, fraud, abuse and corruption within our government agencies, especially our national security professionals. Protect them, Lord, with the blood of Jesus as they protect us, in Your name, Amen.
- "By smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action." (Daniel 11:32)
9. Former Marine suspected of shooting Idaho pastor in the head, day after Ted Cruz rally - Chicago Tribune
An Idaho pastor who led the prayer at a weekend campaign rally for Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz was gunned down outside his church the following day but was expected to survive. Altar Church pastor Tim Remington, who has counseled drug addicts and inmates in this city about 30 miles east of Spokane, Washington, was shot as many as six times Sunday, including in the head and lung, officials said. He was listed in fair condition at Kootenai Health on Monday morning.
Outreach pastor John Padula spoke with Remington's doctors and said the 55-year-old is "going to be fine." Remington prayed Saturday with the Texas senator in Coeur d'Alene, but officials do not know what prompted the shooting.
The Coeur d'Alene Police Department said it is looking for local resident Kyle Andrew Odom, 30, a decorated former Marine who should be considered armed and dangerous. His family issued a statement Monday saying they were praying for the pastor's recovery. "We are also praying for Kyles safe return and to get the help he needs," the Odom family wrote. "We love you Kyle!" (Read more)
- Mighty God, We thank You that Pastor Tim Remington is recovering from his wounds. Jesus, he is one of Yours and we know that You love him and are so pleased with him. He has helped many and we ask for complete healing over him. Multiply and enlarge his territory .We bind the spirit of fear that his family might have because of this terrible shooting. Raise them up, Lord to see many more people be saved and come to the full knowledge of the truth.
- "Fear not, for I am with you, Be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you , I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
( Isaiah 41:10
> > > Update from CHPP:
Friends in the area state that Kyle Odom is still on the loose and has not yet been found. Please pray for protection for everyone who may be in his path, and grace for the law enforcement officials to find him quickly. Thank you!
- Father we ask that You forgive this young Marine that did the shooting, Kyle Andrew Odom. Lord Jesus, we pray he is found before he harms himself or someone else. Be with both families, God, and allow them to get the help that they need. In Jesus name, amen.
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, March 7, 2016
Of elections and taking action
Brothers and sisters have been flooding The Daily Jot email box with questions like, "What is it that you want us to do?" or "What do you suggest we do?" or "I have been writing letters, making phone calls, praying, faxing, and nothing seems to work. What do you want from us?" The Daily Jot was started some 14 years ago with an express purpose to equip, encourage and evangelize. The Lord each day gives me something special to share with his readers. The Lord wants you to follow HIS way, HIS commandments, HIS precepts, not those of man, nor those of man's opinion of what HE wants. When our nation is falling quickly into darkness, it is because the people of the nation are not light. So what do you do? (Read full article here)
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Powered by the Holy Spirit
Over the past seven years, Americans have been told over and over again that they are not good people. The "president" has lectured Christians at the expense of Islamic brutality; he has told us repeatedly what we are not; he has championed greater division between cultures and colors of citizens; he has allowed an invasion of millions of illegals. Christians in America have been demonized to the point that the "president" lumped them in with violent right wing extremists in his first major report from Homeland Security. Christians have been ridiculed for believing in creation, that life begins at conception, that marriage is between a man and a woman. Our dignity, honor and belief system have been under attack. (Read full article here)
SCOTUS Prayer Surge Continues
SCOTUS Prayer Surge Continues!!!
One hour each, day and night, for the Texas case,
until the judgment has been rendered.
Conference call line 515-739-1010, code 414009#.
8-9 am Eastern & 8-9 pm Eastern every day of the week, until June 30
Dear Praying Brothers & Sisters:
Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our heart for your sacrifices of love, patience, kindness and intercession! Everyone has said the united, concerted prayer for the Supreme Court for 240 + 16 additional hours, February 22 - March 4, was wonderful. In total, combined 3,916 hours were prayed by 3,471 "callers" (several intercessors connected multiple times).
We have listened to the suggestions of many, and prayed and sought the Lord and we would like to ask you to prayerfully consider joining us for extended prayer for the Supreme Court.
Based on Luke 18 and the parable of the persistent widow which Jesus taught us to show us to "always pray and not give up," we are asking for His elect to continue to keep on crying out day and night. Starting TOMORROW, Wednesday, March 9, we will offer 2 hours of conference call prayer: 8-9 am Eastern & 8-9 pm Eastern every day of the week, until June 30 or until the Supreme Court issues its decision in official writing regarding Whole Woman's Health v. Hellerstedt, also known as "the Texas case".
We believe this will continue the unity of prayer that God has established as we contend for the hearts/minds for the Justices twice daily using our national prayer conference call line 515-739-1010, code 414009#. Please look for additional posting and resources at www.nationalhighwayofprayer.net. Attached is revised "Interceding-US Supreme Court-2.22.16" in PDF provided by Kay Horner & Dallas Eggemeyer.
Finally, would you send us your testimonies of 256 hours of national prayer conf call, February 22 - March 4, to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com? We would be blessed to use your words of encouragement to inspire others to engage in persistent and prevailing prayer. Please include your name, city/state, and congregation/ministry you are representing.
Allan E. Parker
President, The Justice Foundation
Operation Outcry Global Coordinator
Dai Sup Han
National Facilitator, Prayer Surge NOW!
[To view more details and to see the PDF attached file, as referenced, please go here.]
Cultural Elites Purge Faith
Cultural Elites Purge Faith
Football superstar Peyton Manning announced his retirement yesterday. His remarks were widely covered by many news outlets. He had an impressive career with 200 wins, including two Super Bowl championships, in addition to setting a number of NFL records.
Manning concluded his retirement speech yesterday by saying, "Well, I've fought a good fight. I've finished my football race, and after 18 years it's time. God bless all of you and God bless football."
Men and women of faith will recognize the scriptural reference there. But Manning actually quoted the Bible. Just prior to his remarks about fighting the good fight, Manning said, "There's a scripture reading, 2 Timothy 4:7: 'I have fought the good fight and I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.'"
That line was excised from most media coverage. Our media elites could not bring themselves to allow a football hero to connect his success with his Christian faith. Our culture and media elites are doing everything they can to deny that the greatness of our nation is rooted in that deep religious heritage.
How sad and dangerous. If they succeed in pulling us out by the roots of the rich soil of our Judeo-Christian heritage, America will be finished. (Gary Bauer)
California Gets a Pray Check
California Gets a Pray Check
If the Freedom from Religion Foundation (FFRF) thought they'd found a soft target in Chino Valley Unified Schools, they were greatly mistaken. Apparently, liberals haven't learned their lesson about tangling with California's Calvary Chapel church network, where a firestorm over praying at school board meetings is resulting in a bigger fight than atheists bargained for. Pastor Jack Hibbs, one of FRC's Watchmen pastors, hasn't backed down on religious liberty before -- and he doesn't plan to start now. The head of a culturally-engaged congregation that's also battling the state's ObamaCare abortion mandate is now pushing back on another front: school board invocations.
After FFRF filed suit about the school board's opening prayers, a federal judge ordered the members to end the tradition. Pastor Hibbs and the school board refused to capitulate and he led the board in prayer just last week. Bolstered by overwhelming public support, the Chino Valley Unified board (which includes members of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills Church and Calvary Chapel Chino Valley) met Monday to decide whether or not to fight the ruling that also bars them from reading the Bible during meetings. More than 300 people from the community poured into the board room last night, overflowing the overflow room and lobby, until parents packed the sidewalks outside, most holding signs that said simply: PRAY.
After a brief discussion, the board voted 3-2 to appeal the ruling and hire an outside firm to defend their First Amendment rights. (Rights, incidentally, that the Supreme Court upheld in 2014 by 5-4 in Town of Greece v. Galloway.) "I think the Lord is on our side," said Jay Reed. "We have to fight. We've got to stand up as being Christians. We've got to live our biblical values." Let's hope more will try -- thanks to the example of Chino Valley and Pastor Jack! (Family Research Council)
Introducing "As ONE"
Introducing "As ONE"
"So that with one mind and one voice, you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 15:6)
As One is a national call to prayer. The basic strategy revolves around two 40-day periods of prayer walking, fasting, and corporate prayer events. The first will start on Easter Sunday, March 27 and run through the National Day of Prayer on May 5. The second begins on September 30 and ends on Election Day. In addition, there will be much collaboration with major national prayer events that are happening throughout the year.
Here is how it works:
1) Join the 40-day Prayer Challenge and receive a daily prayer guide via email.
2) Adopt Your Street in Prayer.
3) Find or Host a Prayer Gathering on the National Day of Prayer, Thursday, May 5.
Click here to learn more about this united effort to call America to prayer.
The Persecuted Church
Korean Catholics Call for Peace Amidst Fear of Nuclear War
The Presidents of the Bishops' Commission for Justice and Peace and the Commission for the Reunification of the Korean people celebrate Mass together in the Diocese of Uijeongbu, on the line dividing the peninsula. Signing of appeal to rulers, neighboring countries and to the Korean people: "Truth and justice are the paths that lead to true peace, Korea is still living in the Cold War for crimes that are not ours. Give our people the opportunity to live the way they want to." (Persecution.org) Read more.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
JESUS, THOU JOY OF LOVING HEARTS
"In Him was life, and that life was the light of men." (John 1:4)
Thy truth unchanged hath ever stood; Thou savest those that on Thee call; To them that seek Thee Thou art good, To them that find Thee all in all.
We taste Thee, O Thou living Bread, And long to feast upon Thee still; We drink of Thee, the Fountainhead, And thirst our souls from Thee to fill.
Our restless spirits yearn for Thee, Wherever our changeful lot is cast; Glad when Thy gracious smile we see, Blessed when our faith can hold Thee fast.
O Jesus, ever with us stay, Make all our moments calm and bright; Chase the dark night of sin away, Shed over the world Thy holy light.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Bernard of Clairvaux, 12th Century (Jesu dulcis memoria); translated from Latin to English by Ray Palmer, 1858,
Music:Henry Baker, 1854;
Signs and Wonders
The flash in the sky that turned night into day over Scotland
This is the moment a suspected meteor lit up the sky over Scotland last night and terrified the population below.
People from Inverness to Edinburgh reported a white, red or blue light that swept across the skyline at around 6.45pm last night.
Witnesses described a rumbling noise lasting up to ten seconds before the pitch black Scottish evening turned bright white and a fireball swept across the horizon.
Kim Paterson of Brechin, Angus, tweeted: 'Proper massive rumble, ground shaking, folk seeing the sky flash . . . is this the end?!' (The Daily Mail) Read more.
> > > For more photos and videos, go here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
This Nation Set to Become the Most Christian Nation in the World:
"Not Many Prepared for The Dramatic Change"
Within 15 years, China should become the country with the most Christians in the world, according to a study. Fenggang Yang, of Purdue University, predicts that China will reach 224 million Christians by the year 2030, as quoted in the UK Financial Times.
"By my calculations China is destined to become the largest Christian country in the world very soon," said Yang, an expert in sociology and author of "Religion in China: Survival and Revival under Communist Rule," in the UK Telegraph. "It is going to be less than a generation. Not many people are prepared for this dramatic change." (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Michael W. Smith - "Breathe"
Yes, Lord . . .
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
1. Family Research Council Voter Guides (General reference)
FRC has developed non-partisan voter guides for federal races in certain states, which appear in red. Click on any state to see voting information and a link to the family policy council.
To view these voter guides in all 50 states, go here.
2. 2016 Presidential Candidate Voter Guide - Family Research Council
Equip yourself with the facts before you vote. See where the candidates stand on the important issues affecting faith, family, and freedom. Click on the image below to view the full Voter Guide.
3. Intercessors for America: "How to Pray for the Election and Nation More Effectively"
Election Process is now in full swing -- time to get out the prayer!
For resources offered by IFA, please go here.
4. Wallbuilders: Christian Voter Guide.com
Lots of resources here! Go here to explore this site.
5. National Day of Prayer: Election Prayer Guide
This is an excellent guide to intercession for our state and national elections this year. NDP's prayer guide includes insights from Dave Butts, Chairman, National Prayer Committee.
To read this prayer guide, please go here.
6. Wall Street Journal: Election 2016 Calendar
Key dates in the presidential election, including debates, primaries, caucuses and other important events. Filter by a date range or category. Go here.