Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
"Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Rapprochement coming? Netanyahu condemns Ankara attack- Israel National News
In what could be interpreted as another sign that rapprochement with Turkey is close, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Sunday night issued a statement condemning the suicide car bombing in Ankara which killed more than 30 people.
A statement from his office said that Netanyahu "condemns the large-scale terrorist attack in Ankara in which innocent citizens lost their lives and many dozens were injured."
"Israel expresses solidarity with the Turkish people in the war against terrorism and calls on the international community to unite in the fight against terrorism," the statement from the Prime Minister's Office added. (Read more)
2. Arab-Israeli School Principal Launches Scathing Indictment of Arab MKs for Anti-Jewish-State Activism - Algemeiner
The Arab-Israeli leadership prefers investing energy in and siding with Palestinian nationalism to confronting the internal problems of the sector it is supposed to represent, said Nael Zoabi, an Arab-Israeli school principal in the north of the country.
In an extensive interview with the Hebrew newspaper Makor Rishon, Zoabi - part of the large clan that includes controversial MK Haneen Zoabi of Mavi Marmara fame - insisted that many, if not most, Arabs in the Jewish state would like to work on peaceful coexistence and in bettering their societal standing. But, he asserted harshly, "Their voices are stolen from them" by their own Knesset representatives.
Zoabi bemoaned the fact that his philosophy of education at the Tamra Ha'emek Elementary School is antithetical to what the Arab politicians are preaching, accusing them of seeking "higher ratings." (Read more)
3. Israel denies Indonesian FM entry into Ramallah - Jerusalem Post
Israel denied an entry permit to the foreign minister of Indonesia, Retno Marsudi, preventing her from meeting with her Palestinian counterpart Riyad al-Malki in Ramallah as planned on Sunday.
The Indonesian minister was also scheduled to inaugurate the first honorary Indonesian consulate in the Palestinian territories.
Israel refused to grant Marsudi an entry visa from Jordan to the West Bank because the Indonesian foreign minister had no plans to also meet with Israeli officials. Israel and Indonesia do not have formal diplomatic ties.
Instead, Malki traveled to Jordan to meet with Marsudi, according to sources in the PA Foreign Ministry. (Read more)
4. Chief rabbi urges Israelis to kill terrorists bearing knives - Israel Hayom
Chief Sephardi Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef urged Israelis to kill knife-wielding terrorists who try to attack them. Speaking at a weekly sermon on Saturday, Yosef said, "If a terrorist arrives with a knife -- it is a mitzvah [commandment] to kill him."
He went on to quote a Jewish adage, saying. "'If someone comes to kill you, rise up and kill him first.' Don't be afraid. Let the courts or chief of staff do what they will afterward."
"As soon as a terrorist realizes that if he wields a knife, he won't make it back alive -- it will deter him. So it is a mitzvah to kill him," the rabbi proclaimed (Read more)
5. PA nixes Israeli offer to halt IDF activity in Ramallah, Jericho - Times of Israel
The Palestinian Authority recently rejected an Israeli proposal to cease IDF operations in the West Bank cities of Ramallah and Jericho, and instead demanded that the army halt its activities in all areas controlled by the Palestinian governing body.
The proposal, presented in late February, was raised as part of ongoing talks between Palestinian Authority and Israeli officials over the past weeks regarding the continuation of security coordination in the West Bank, Palestinian security sources told The Times of Israel Monday.
According to the sources, Israeli officials in the secret talks offered an end to IDF operations in Ramallah and Jericho as a first step toward enhancing security coordination, and said only later would the government consider applying a similar measure to other areas in the West Bank. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Storms replenish key reservoirs amid California drought - Fox News
Four straight days of rain have replenished several key reservoirs in Northern California, delighting a state in its fifth year of drought and raising hopes that water-use restrictions might be eased. The series of storms that started late last week drenched the state, closing roads and schools while causing flooding and power outages. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up thanks for this replenishing rain! Thank You for remembering the people of California and may this be a harbinger of Your Holy Spirit being poured out, once again, upon them!
- "You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it." (Isaiah 45:8)
2. 393 to 0: U.S. House Unanimously Declares ISIL Is Committing Genocide Against Christians - CNS News
The U.S. House of Representatives voted 393 to 0 tonight in favor of a resolution declaring that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) is committing "genocide" against Christians, Yezidis and other religious minorities in the Middle East.
The vote on the resolution, which was sponsored by Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R.-Neb.) and co-sponsored 203 other members, brought together as broad a coalition as possible in the House. Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (the chairman of the Democratic National Committee) joined with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R.-Texas) in voting for it. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that our elected officials on both sides of the aisle have come together, unanimously, to decry the atrocities committed against Christians and other minorities in the Middle East. We pray for real action to follow in the form of humanitarian aid and military protection for these precious people, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- "Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. "He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him." (Psalm 91:14-15)
3. 'Unprecedented' UN global data gathering to add huge amounts of information for governments to collect - Fox News
Six months after giving birth to a cluster of nebulous Sustainable Development Goals that aim to dramatically change the economic, social and environmental course of the planet, the United Nations is working on a drastic renovation of global data gathering to measure progress against its sweeping international agenda.
The result that emerged late last week from the U.N. Statistical Commission -- an obscure body of national experts that calls itself the "apex entity of the international statistics system" -- is a document as sprawling, undefined and ambitious as the sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs, themselves -- which lay out 17 goals and 169 sometimes overlapping targets to transform global society. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we see events unfolding before our eyes showing us the urgency of the time in which we live. As the plans to establish a New World Order march on, Your Kingdom plans progress even more so. Give us wisdom to use each day to reach the lost and declare Your Glory among the nations.
- "Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples." (Psalm 96:3)
4. Thousands of Pastors to Gather in D.C. to Join UnitedCry Prayer Rally - ChristianHeadlines.com
Thousands of pastors are expected to gather at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. on April 9 as part of UnitedCry DC16, a massive prayer rally. Charisma News reports that the leaders of the event hope it will draw 30,000 pastors from all across the country to join in prayer.
"From a place of unity, pastors and Christian leaders join together in prayers of repentance, revival and responsibility for our nation," Lewis Hogan of UnitedCry says, describing the event. "Out of this place of a unified cry, we are believing for a mobilized prayer movement of pastors and their congregations to shape our nation at the local, state and federal level," he continued.
UnitedCry DC16 will coincide with Lou Engle's TheCall Azusa in Los Angeles where thousands more believers will gather. The event especially emphasizes pastors, but Hogan says all believers can join in through live streaming.
"We are in a Joel 2 moment in the history of our nation. When a nation is in crisis, Scripture is clear about the solution," said Hogan. "Joel 2 states, 'Call a sacred assembly, gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders.' It is in that place of gathering that the cry arises for mercy. Our cry is for God to show His mercy on this land and send great revival and awakening." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for the courage of these men, Lewis Hogan and Lou Engle, as they organize sacred assemblies to call people back to You. We thank You that they declare the truth, our nation belongs to You and will accomplish Your purposes. Give them wisdom as they intercede for our nation and equip believers to do the same. We pray for reconciliation within Your Body to be an example to this world that You desire reconciliation with all peoples.
- "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me." (John 17:22-23)
5. Franklin Graham Announces Global Christian Persecution Summit - CBN News
Evangelist Franklin Graham has announced that an international summit highlighting Christian persecution will take place later this year in Moscow, Russia. "No church in modern history has suffered more than the church in Russia," Graham said. He says The World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians will be staged from October 28 until October 30, according to Premier, a UK-based Christian publication.
"In the years under Communist rule, virtually all of the priests, pastors, and church leaders in Russia were imprisoned or executed by the Communists, and their graves are on the outskirts of Moscow and throughout the country serving as a reminder," Graham remarked. "So, Moscow will be a fitting and meaningful location for this much-needed summit." (Read more)
- Jesus, We thank You for the good news released by Franklin Graham. Praise the Lord! It is time that all denominations recognize the importance of coming together to pray for those who have suffered because of their faith and to bring recognition to the torture of Your people. How sad You must be, Father, to have witnessed Your precious ones being killed because they would not denounce their faith and their love for You. Dear God, give us boldness to stand strong in persecution and plant our feet on the Rock that can not be moved! In Your mighty name we pray, Amen.
- "Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold the devil is about to cast some of you in prison so that you will be tested and you will have tribulation for 10 days. Be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of life." ( Revelation 2: 10 )
6. US visa website won't identify the nation that Tel Aviv or Jerusalem are in - Elder of Zion
The official U.S. Visa Service for foreign citizens website, to help them travel to the United States, is surprisingly not part of a government Internet domain. Apparently this service has been outsourced by the US government to another firm, possible Computer Sciences Corporation.
It really is the official US visa site, though, and a number of US embassy and consulate webpages point there. This one says explicitly that it is "the ONLY authorized website for the payment of visa fees." The reason this is interesting is the page from this official visa site that offers individuals to choose which country they are from:
Three of the entries don't have flags associated with them. Two aren't even a country, but two cities without any apparent link to any country.
It is offensive enough to have the US not identify Jerusalem - any of Jerusalem - as being inside Israel. But Tel Aviv? Are they that afraid of offending Arabs and Israel-haters that they cannot even mention the name Israel? When you click through to either the Tel Aviv or Jerusalem links, both take you to the same page - a page that again cannot say the word "Israel." (Read more)
- Father, we ask for Your forgiveness for the US being so double-minded. Give our leaders boldness to stand up and declare that Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are in the nation of Israel! We know, God, that soon the wicked will be no more and the nations will be brought down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat for judgment on behalf of Your people and Your precious Israel. Beware all you nations who come against the word of the Lord and Israel! In the name of Yeshuah, Amen.
- "It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:9 )
7. Ankara bombing: Turkey strikes against Kurdish rebel PKK - BBC News
Turkey has begun security operations against Kurdish rebels in the country's south-east and in Iraq. The moves come as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan vowed a crackdown on terror after Sunday's attack in Ankara that killed at least 37 people. A suspected bomber, who also died in the blast, was a female member of the PKK, security sources said.
Four people were held over the bombings in the south-eastern city of Sanliurfa, according to Turkish media. Officials were quoted as saying the car used in the bombing was traced to a showroom there. A curfew was declared in three towns in south-east Turkey, while warplanes struck PKK camps in Iraqi Kurdistan. Eleven warplanes carried out air strikes on 18 targets including ammunition dumps and shelters in the Qandil and Gara sectors, the army said. The PKK (the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party) confirmed the strikes.
Meanwhile curfews have been imposed in two mainly Kurdish towns in south-eastern Turkey, Yuksekova and Nusaybin, as security operations are carried out against Kurdish militants, Anadolu news agency reports. No group has admitted carrying out the attack in the capital, Ankara, but government sources have cast suspicion on the PKK. Interior Minister Efkan Ala said an investigation would conclude on Monday and those responsible would be named. Unnamed officials said the female bomber was a member of the PKK from the eastern town of Kars who joined the group in 2013. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we mourn when innocent people die and grieve even more because they were likely never exposed to the Gospel of the Prince of Peace. Lord, protect Your own people who live in war-torn areas like this and we pray for their witness to be expanded and accepted. We pray for the nations involved to come to some peaceful and effective actions against those who only desire violence and bondage. Please protect US interests in this area and give our leaders wisdom. We bind up all secret deals that are not in the interests of the US. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
- "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (Luke 1:79)
8. Putin orders start of Russian forces' withdrawal from Syria - Reuters
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Monday he was instructing his armed forces to start pulling out of Syria, over five months after he ordered the launch of a military operation that shored up his ally, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Putin, at a meeting in the Kremlin with his defense and foreign ministers, said Russian military forces in Syria had largely fulfilled their objectives and ordered an intensification of Russia's diplomatic efforts to broker a peace deal in the country. But the Russian leader signaled Moscow would keep a military presence: he did not give a deadline for the completion of the withdrawal and said Russian forces would stay on at the port of Tartous and at the Hmeymim airbase in Syria's Latakia province. (Read more)
- Lord, we hear this and we give You praise that the Russian forces are withdrawing from Syria, but something does not feel right in our spirits about this. We wonder how can there be a political settlement if Assad is still in power. Remember, oh God, all those who have lost their lives and had to flee from their land because of terrorism. By Your grace, we watch closely, Almighty God, because the wicked are still in power. WE put our trust in You as You direct us to pray, Thy will be done. In Jesus name. Amen.
- "Their tongue is a deadly arrow, It speaks deceit, One speaks peacefully to his neighbor, with his mouth, but in his heart he lies in wait." ( Jeremiah 9:8 )
9. Syria peace talks set to struggle despite foreign pressure - Reuters
Syria peace talks due to begin in Geneva this week look set to struggle, with the sides showing no sign of compromise over the issue at the heart of the five-year-long conflict: the future of President Bashar al-Assad.
The U.N.-led talks getting under way on Monday with U.S. and Russian support are part of the first serious diplomatic effort toward ending the conflict since Moscow intervened last September with air strikes that have tipped the war Assad's way.
With the crisis approaching its fifth anniversary this week, Western states seem more determined to bring an end to a war that has driven hundreds of thousands of refugees toward Europe and helped the rise of Islamic State. (Read more)
- Only You, Oh Lord, can work in the hearts of all involved, and in the details needed, to effect a peaceful solution to the many claims to this area of the Middle East. We ask You to do Your work, Your strange work to arrange events and mindsets to allow a fair resolution to this conflicted area. We pray this will be an area where the Gospel can be safely preached and many come to Your Son for salvation.
- "God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness." (Psalms 47:8)
10. Serbia: Portland-bound combat missiles found on plane - Associated Press
Serbia's authorities are investigating reports that a cargo package bound for the U.S. containing two missiles with explosive warheads was found on a passenger flight from Lebanon to Serbia. N1 television said the package with two guided armor-piercing missiles was discovered Saturday by a sniffer dog after an Air Serbia flight from Beirut landed at Belgrade airport.
Serbian media say documents listed the final destination for the AGM-114 Hellfire missiles as Portland, Oregon. The American-made projectiles can be fired from air, sea or ground platforms. N1 reported Sunday that Air Serbia is helping in the investigation. The Serbian flag carrier says "security and safety are the main priorities for Air Serbia." (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we heartily thank You that these weapons were discovered before they reached hands that would mean harm to the US or were set off accidentally. We pray for this to be thoroughly investigated by the proper authorities and the errors found and corrected that allowed this to happen. Thank You for watching over our country, Gracious Lord!
- "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalms 27:1)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, March 14, 2016
The bullies and the bullied
During my 16 year career as a political consultant to conservatives running for President, US House of Representatives, Governor and US Senate, there was a unique observation that repeated itself enough to become a pattern. The opponent would make some bizarre accusation against my client out of nowhere. It may be about fidelity, financial stewardship, or a host of other issues. When these unfounded charges would arise, we could almost always count on that opponent doing the very same thing about which he was making the accusation. If it was fidelity, he had been unfaithful. If it was financial, he had misused money. The same is happening now, only the true bully wants to establish communism in America.
There is a group of anarchists disrupting the political process with accusations against a candidate of bullying, bigotry, violent behavior and racism. They disrupted campaign appearances in Chicago and in Dayton. Now their benefactor has revealed himself in a fundraising letter. Communist George Soros, who has endorsed Bernie Sanders (but we all know that Hillary Clinton will score a huge amount of Soros money when she secures the Democratic nomination), is raising money from these rallies and claiming credit for the disruptions. In other words, the young students who are the boots on the ground are essentially the pawns of a greater movement--a movement to overthrow the United States.
The Washington Times reports that Moveon.org (Soros's communist political action and funding arm) is conducting fundraising activities off of the aggressive protests in Chicago and Dayton, and promises more such disruptions. The Times says Moveon.org sent a fundraising email to its followers saying, "We've been ramping up our efforts for months - from the 'We Are Better Than This' ad we helped organize in The New York Times in December, to our collective advocacy for refugees under attack from the GOP, to the support we provided students in Chicago last night by printing signs and a banner and recruiting MoveOn.org members to join their peaceful protest. We need to double-down in the face of direct attacks on our community,"
In the email, Moveon.org pledged to continue to do its part to call on members to protest, "And to keep it going, we're counting on you to donate whatever you can to cover the costs of everything involved--the organizers, signs, online recruitment ads, training, and more." Present in Chicago was Bill Ayers, convicted felon, communist, and Weatherman Underground terrorist. These people are using their free speech to suppress another's free speech. They are bullying America's political system. They are bullying you and me. They are judging those who don't share their communist beliefs by the content of their own hearts. This is about the issues they are presenting, but it is a reflection of their own souls. Jesus said in Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits you will know them." Don't be deceived by the deceivers.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Remedy to feeling politically voiceless
As the election year progresses, many Americans feel that their voices are ignored when it comes to the national dialogue on politics and the decline of our nation. Others say that they feel helpless because they want to see our nation turned around, but no matter what they do--letter writing, faxes, phone calls, petitions, meetings, town halls--seems to have little, if no, impact on elected officials. They believe the government has gotten so big and overreaching that it no longer represents the people, but rather its own self interest. Alexis de Tocqueville, a French philosopher and author of "Democracy in America" in two volumes (1835, and 1840), identified exactly why these readers feel the way they do.
Tocqueville wrote about the vibrance of the American system of government and how the virtue and spirit of the American people made government and freedom work. In his second volume, he astutely described, however, how "democracies" fall into a tyrannical reign through years of deception and growth of government. Tocqueville wrote of the resulting power of such a government toward its citizens: "That power is absolute, minute, regular, provident, and mild...it provides for their security, foresees and supplies their necessities, facilitates their pleasures, manages their principal concerns, directs their industry, regulates the descent of property, and subdivides their inheritances..."
"...The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent and guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting. Such a power does not destroy, but prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd...By this system the people shake off their state of dependence just long enough to select their master and then relapse into it again." He wrote that this is a "compromise between administrative despotism and the sovereignty of the people; and they think they have done enough for the protection of individual freedom when they have surrendered it to the power of the nation at large..."
Does this not describe today's America? The key accelerator of this brand of government is deceit. As Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." This type of deception has been longstanding and enduring. It is not only practiced by political leaders, but also by those in the pulpit, who use vain words to preserve their own interests. This happens when leaders are not virtuous and they do not hold to the one and only truth--the Word of God. It also happens when followers are convinced they have no right to hold leaders accountable. Often, because of false religious teachings, some believe they must submit to wicked authority. It also happens when informed people do not vote because they refuse to choose between two unsatisfactory candidates. For change to occur, we need to start somewhere.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Statement by FRC
Statement by Family Research Council
Monday, March 14, 2015
FRC Commends House Vote on Genocide designation for ISIS Atrocities
Tonight, the House of Representatives voted on U.S. Rep. Fortenberry's (R-Nebr.) efforts to characterize ISIS' violence against Christians and others as genocide. ISIS has targeted religious minorities including Christians, Yezidis and many others.
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins commented:
"I commend the House for unanimously voting to declare ISIS' atrocities against Christians and others as genocide. While condemning and stopping ISIS' bloody rampage against Christians and other religious minorities is a priority for the House of Representatives and most of the Western world, including the European Parliament, it has unfortunately not been a priority for the Obama administration."
[Read the full statement by going here.]
Primary Motives: Voters Gear up for Winner-Take-All
It may have been a warm-up to Tuesday's main event, but Saturday's primaries still held plenty of intrigue. From the polling lines in D.C. to Donald Trump's single delegate, the trio of regions casting their ballots helped tide pundits over until tomorrow's do-or-die contest in five states.
For the front-runner, the weekend's performance was very forgettable -- taking third place in Wyoming, D.C., and potentially Guam (where Senator Ted Cruz, R-Texas, won the only delegate currently up for grabs). Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who is clawing to stay alive in his home state, won the District of Columbia, which was either good or bad, depending on your perspective. In a race where candidates seem to be competing for "Washington outsider," Senator Cruz quipped that coming in fourth only solidifies his standing as a man willing to take on the political establishment. "According to Washington, D.C., I am dead last. That result didn't surprise me at all," he told a North Carolina crowd. "If you have an election of lobbyists, they're going to elect their interests. When you get out of Washington, D.C., and you actually get into America, the reaction is going to be a little bit different."
By day's end, Senator Rubio edged out Cruz with 11 delegates to Cruz's 10 (nine of which came from his landslide victory in Wyoming, where he won 66 percent of the vote to Rubio's 19 percent). Of course, the real prizes will be doled out tomorrow, when the delegates from Florida (99), North Carolina (72), Illinois (69), Ohio (66), Missouri (52), and the Northern Mariana Islands (9) are assigned. And while Ohio and Florida are attracting all of the attention, the Governor John Kasich's (R) and Senator Rubio's home turfs are just part of the 367 delegates on the line -- leaving plenty of wiggle room for any number of scenarios to play out. Of course, the burning question on most people's minds is what the day will mean for the campaigns on the political ropes. While the Ohio governor is staying on his feet in the Buckeye state, polls tell a different story for Rubio. In the end, though, polls don't elect leaders -- people do! If you live in any of these states, get out there and vote your values. (But make sure you've read FRC Action's Presidential Voter Guide first!)
[See map of states voting today here.]
(Source: Family Research Council)
The Left Attacks
The Left Attacks
Of all the counterproductive things that have happened in the campaign this year, perhaps the most troubling took place Friday night. A left-wing mob organized by MoveOn.org, activists from the Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street movements, and a dozen other radical groups, sent thousands of people into the streets of Chicago and inside an arena where Donald Trump was scheduled to speak. Bill Ayers even showed up, too.
The predictable confrontation that followed resulted in the cancellation of the rally and violated the free speech rights of the candidate and thousands of average Americans who came to hear and see him.
People leaving the rally had to walk through a mob of protestors shouting obscenities. The American flag was defaced. Palestinian and Mexican flags were proudly flown. Hundreds of families who had to retrieve their cars from a parking garage were literally prevented from leaving for over an hour because the left's street troops blocked the exits.
I have a very simple question to pose: What would the reaction have been if thousands of conservatives filled an Obama rally in 2008 or 2012 and the inevitable riot ensued? They would have been called bigots and Nazis. Everyone would have condemned the conservative protestors.
But this weekend, the condemnation was reserved for the candidate and his supporters, not the disrupters. . . (Gary Bauer)
The Persecuted Church
India Making Little Progress on Protecting Religious Liberty for Minorities
A Christian human rights organization continues to express frustration with the government of India for not speaking out on specific attacks on Christians by Hindu radicals.
In one of the latest incidents, a mob of about 25 Hindu radicals attacked a Pentecostal church on Sunday, March 6, in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh state. William Stark with International Christian Concern says the mob attacked the 60 Christians gathered there for worship.
Signs and Wonders
CIR HITS EARTH, SPARKS AURORAS:
Pi Day ended with an explosion of color. During the late hours of March 14th (3.14), a co-rotating interaction region (CIR) hit Earth's magnetic field, sparking bright auroras around the Arctic Circle. Sarah Skinner photographed the display from Abisko, Sweden (above). "After a rainy day, the clouds broke. Nothing could have prepared me for the colors I was then about to witness!!" says Skinner. "As the aurora developed the most intense reds I have ever seen appeared. Reds, purples, greens, so many colors; I could not believe what I was seeing."
CIRs are transition zones between slow- and fast-moving solar wind streams. Solar wind plasma piles up in these regions, producing density gradients and shock waves that tend to ignite auroras when they strike Earth's magnetic field.
The CIR has passed, but more lights are in the offing. Earth is moving into a stream of high-speed solar wind following behind the CIR. In response, NOAA forecasters say there is a 65% chance of polar geomagnetic storms on March 15th. (Source: SpaceWeather.com) Read more.
The Good News Corner
Educators in Public Schools Learning How to Express Their Faith With New Boldness
[CBN News] A Christian education association is training Christian teachers how to live their faith and evangelize in public schools without violating the Constitution.
The Christian Educators Association International is an organization that sees the nation's public schools as "the largest single mission field in America," reports the Washington Post.
The association trains teachers how to be a light in schools without infringing on the Constitution's ban on promoting any particular religion.
"We're not talking about proselytizing. That would be illegal," Finn Laursen, the group's executive director, to the Washington Post. "But we're saying you can do a lot of things... It's a mission field that you fish in differently."
The association trains teachers to step out and share their faith boldly despite increased hostility towards teachers and faculty who profess a Christian faith.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Phil Wickham - "Your Beautiful"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
1. Family Research Council Voter Guides
FRC has developed non-partisan voter guides for federal races in certain states, which appear in red. Click on any state to see voting information and a link to the family policy council.
To view these voter guides in all 50 states, go here.
2. Intercessors for America: "How to Pray for the Election and Nation More Effectively"
Election Process is now in full swing -- time to get out the prayer!
For resources offered by IFA, please go here.
3. Wallbuilders: Christian Voter Guide.com
Lots of resources here! Go here to explore this site.
4. National Day of Prayer: Election Prayer Guide
This is an excellent guide to intercession for our state and national elections this year. NDP's prayer guide includes insights from Dave Butts, Chairman, National Prayer Committee.
To read this prayer guide, please go here.
5. Wall Street Journal: Election 2016 Calendar
Key dates in the presidential election, including debates, primaries, caucuses and other important events. Filter by a date range or category. Go here.