Please note our important announcement, below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said." (Matthew 28:6)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israel tells its citizens to get out of Turkey now - Times of Israel
The Counter-Terrorism Bureau at the Prime Minister's Office on Monday issued a travel warning calling on the public to avoid visiting Turkey and urging Israelis currently there to leave as soon as they can.
The warning, which raised the terror risk in Turkey from level 3 (basic concrete threat) to level 2 (high concrete threat), came in the wake of a terror attack in central Istanbul on March 19, in which three Israelis were killed and several others wounded.
That attack, the PMO said in a statement, underscored the threat emanating from Islamic State cells that seek to attack tourism sites and proved that IS has "high capabilities of carrying out further attacks."
- Abba, we pray for protection for all the Israelis who are in Turkey. As persecution of Jews and Christians is escalating globally, we cry out for Your shield of protection to be over us. We pray that the hearts of those who don't know You would be awakened to seek You. That the events happening in our world would serve as a wake up call. We pray that You would awaken and call forth Your Joel's army, Your intercessory prayer warriors, and those who would weep for Your Kingdom to come to earth. We lift up our prayers in the mighty name of Yeshua, amen.
2. NSA chief 'makes secret Israel trip to talk Iran, Hezbollah cyber-warfare' - Times of Israel
The director of the US National Security Agency, Admiral Michael Rogers, reportedly paid a secret visit to Israel last week to discuss cooperation in cyber-defense, in particular to counter attacks by Iran and its Lebanon-based proxy Hezbollah.
Haaretz newspaper quoted a senior Israeli official as saying that the NSA chief, who also heads the US's Cyber Command, made the trip to meet with the commanders of the IDF's famed 8200 intelligence unit, which specializes in signal intelligence (SIGINT) and code decryption. Rogers also met with other senior Israeli intelligence officials, Haaretz said late Sunday, but not IDF Chief Gadi Eisenkot or Military Intelligence director Herzl Halevi.
- Heavenly Father, we ask that You be in charge of any meetings that deal with security of Israel. We ask for wisdom and discernment to be given to the IDF commanders as well as the US Security Agency members. May any information given or plans made be in direct alignment with Your will. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Hamas, Fatah said to agree to elections within 6 months - Times of Israel
Palestinian rival factions Fatah and Hamas have agreed to form a unity government and hold parliamentary elections within six months, a senior official said on Monday.
Mohammed Ashtiya, a member of the Fatah Central Committee, said that representatives from the two organizations had reached some understandings toward reconciliation during meetings begun in February in Doha, the capital of Qatar.
The sides agreed to establish a national unity government encompassing Fatah, Hamas and other Palestinian factions and to hold elections for the legislative council and the presidency within six months.
4. Israeli Military Ranks 9th Most Powerful Globally on Defense Site List - Algemeiner
Israel's military is the 9th strongest in the world, according to the international defense site Global Firepower (GFP), which released its annual list on Friday.
In its rankings, GFP said, it only took conventional military capabilities into account when compiling its list, which includes a total of 126 countries. It also factored in 50 other criteria, such as natural resources, geographical size and economic strength.
5. PM: Any challenge to IDF's morality is outrageous - Israel Hayom
The firestorm sparked Thursday over the shooting of a subdued terrorist in Hebron continued to rage over the weekend, with ministers and MKs from across the political spectrum weighing in on the issue.
At the start of Sunday's cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said, "Any challenge to the morality of the IDF is outrageous and unacceptable. The IDF soldiers, our children, maintain high ethical values while courageously fighting bloodthirsty murderers under difficult conditions. I am certain that in all cases, as in the current one, the inquiry takes into account all conditions. We must all support the IDF chief of staff, the IDF and our soldiers, who safeguard our security."
Earlier on Facebook, Netanyahu wrote, "The attacks on the IDF over the weekend, accusing it of being immoral, are outrageous and contradictory to the truth. The IDF is an ethical military and it doesn't execute anyone. IDF soldiers prevent murderous terrorist attacks against the Israeli public with their bodies, and they are worthy of all backing. I trust the IDF will conduct a thorough, responsible and fair investigation, as it always does."
- Abba, we lift up the IDF to You. We thank You for all the young men and women who serve and protect their nation. We ask that You bless each and every one of them. We ask that You send angelic armies to protect them and give the leaders wisdom of how to best protect and defend Israel from enemies. We ask that the heart of each IDF member may be tenderized to know You deeply and truly. May they hunger and thirst for a relationship with You. We pray for their families, that they too might be protected and come to know Yeshua and receive salvation. In Yeshua's name, amen.
The Daily Brief
1. Georgia Gov. Vetoes 'Pastor Protection Act' After Threats From Disney, Marvel, Hollywood Entertainers - Christian Post
Facing corporate and Hollywood pressure, Georgia's Republican Gov. Nathan Deal vetoed a religious liberty bill that would have prevented the state government from punishing faith-based organizations, churches and pastors over their opposition to same-sex marriage.
Georgia's "Pastor Protection Act," or H.B. 757, has become quite controversial since it was passed by both legislative houses in February with a number of opponents of the measure claiming it opens the door for discrimination of LGBT people. After corporations like Disney and Marvel threatened to boycott the state of Georgia if the bill becomes law, the Human Rights Campaign sent a letter to Deal last week containing signatures from several prominent entertainment industry professionals - including actress Anne Hathaway and producer Seth MacFarlane - who also threatened to boycott filming or performing in the state if Deal were to sign the bill into law.
Additionally, a spokesman for the National Football League insinuated earlier this month that the league would have to take such a law into consideration when deciding if the city of Atlanta will get to host a Super Bowl in 2019 or 2020. (Read more)
- Father, we stand in the gap for Governor Nathan Deal and we ask You to forgive him for caving into these special interests, instead of upholding a law that aligns with Your law. We ask that You would yet move to somehow protect the faith-based organizations, churches and pastors who oppose same-sex marriage in that state, as they stand for You. We ask for a miracle today in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "'Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You." (Jer. 32:17)
2. FBI breaks into San Bernardino gunman's iPhone without Apple's help, ending court case - Fox News
The U.S. Justice Department announced Monday it has successfully accessed data stored on the iPhone that belonged to the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending the court case against the tech company.
The surprise development effectively ends a pitched court battle between Apple and the Obama administration. The government asked a federal judge to vacate a disputed order forcing Apple to help the FBI break into the iPhone, saying it was no longer necessary.
"As the government noted in its filing today, the FBI has now successfully retrieved the data stored on the San Bernardino terrorist's iPhone and therefore no longer requires the assistance from Apple required by this Court Order," DOJ spokeswoman Melaine Newman said in a statement. "The FBI is currently reviewing the information on the phone, consistent with standard investigatory procedures." (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for this breakthrough! We now ask that every piece of data that is embedded in this cell phone be found, so that more terrorist networks in our nation are dismantled and rendered null and void. We shout "Hallelujah" in Jesus' name, amen!
- "He uncovers deep things out of darkness, And brings the shadow of death to light." (Job 12:22)
3. Suspect shot, in custody after drawing weapon at Capitol complex, officials say - Fox News
A gunman was shot by Capitol Police Monday afternoon and later taken into custody, officials said, after drawing a weapon on officers at the tourist-heavy U.S. Capitol Visitor Center - an incident that sent the Capitol complex and the White House into lockdown.
U.S. Capitol Police Chief Matt Verderosa said one bystander was injured, though apparently not severely, in the incident. Speaking to reporters, Verderosa also corrected initial reports that a U.S. Capitol Police officer had been shot. The police officer said "no officers were injured." "There is no reason to believe that this is anything more than a criminal act," he said. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the literally millions of saints who went into prayer yesterday as the news of this shooting was broadcast to the nation. Lord God, we thank You for the swift action of the Capitol Hill police, and that no one was killed or injured. We ask that the shooter be brought to justice, in Jesus' name. Amen and amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
4. U.S. Capitol Shooter Larry Dawson Shouted 'I'm a Prophet of God' Inside The House (Previous Report) - The Daily Beast
Larry Dawson of Tennessee was previously arrested at the Capitol after interrupting congressmen and then allegedly assaulting a police officer.
ABC News and NBC News report police have identified Larry Dawson of Antioch, Tennessee as the gunman who allegedly drew a gun at the visitors center on Monday. U.S. Capitol Police would not confirm or deny it was Dawson, 66, at a press conference but said he was previously known to them. In October, Dawson was caught yelling he was a "prophet of God" from the balcony of the House of Representatives.
Dawson allegedly ran from cops and resisted arrest, according to a police report exclusively obtained by The Daily Beast. Cops cuffed him for assaulting a police officer and unlawful conduct at the Capitol. The Washington Post reports that Dawson missed a court appearance in November, writing a letter to the court that said, "I have been called chosen and sent unto you this day. I am not under the law! Therefore I will not comply with the court order, nor will I surrender myself to your office." (Read more)
- Lord God, we understand that Mr. Dawson is not a true "prophet of God," and we commend him to You for healing and for deliverance. Father, let us judge the prophets in truth in our day, for even the very elect can be deceived. Thank You for Your Word, which always leads us back to the Cross, in repentance. In Your name, amen and amen.
- "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." (I John 4:1)
5. Nuclear Safety Summit Convenes this Week in Washington - Jon Hamill/Lamplighter Ministries
The Nuclear Safety Summit begins in Washington DC this Thursday, with leaders from more than 50 nations participating. As a backdrop, experts have explicitly warned that ISIS is now strongly focused on pursuing nuclear materials. Please pray over these strategic meetings, and especially over the security of Washington DC at this time.
- Father, we thank You that our brother in the Lord, Jon Hamill, is alerting us to this need for prayer. We take note, too, that the local media are also alerting our citizens about this coming event, and the need in D.C. to see security heightened around it. May Your will be done, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "This is what the Lord says to me: "Go, post a lookout and have him report what he sees." (Isaiah 21:6)
6. Erdogan Attends, Turkey in the Balance - Joel Rosenberg
The President of Turkey, Tayyip Erdogan, flew into town yesterday for this meeting and others. Especially after recent bombings in Ankara, ISIS is now heavily challenging this historic bridge between east and west. Several reports have even warned of the potential destabilization of his government and a societal shift towards radical Islam. Joel Rosenberg just wrote a revealing posting on this. "Darkness falling over Turkey. Israel tells its citizens to leave Turkey immediately as ISIS threat to Jews & Christians grows."
- Lord, we ask that the nations would receive Your wisdom for Turkey in this hour. Lord God, we understand that the issues that are involved are very complex, but we also know that You, dear Lord, are the Governor of the nations. We entrust this matter to Your hands, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "For the kingdom is the Lord's, And He rules over the nations." (Psalm 22:28)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Islam's plan to determine the US election
While Christians are arguing about God's candidate and deciding not to vote, Muslims are registering to vote by the tens of thousands. And for whom do you think they are going to vote? The New York Times cites a recent Pew Research Center survey indicating "that 70 percent of American Muslims identify with the Democratic Party." The NYT reports, "Although Muslims make up only about 1 percent of the population in the United States, civil rights groups have set a goal of registering a million new voters. Efforts will be focused on swing states such as Ohio and Florida that have large Muslim populations, potentially giving the small but united voting bloc the power to tilt close elections." Now for the truth.
The Times writes, "Organizations like the Council on American-Islamic Relations, known as CAIR, the Islamic Circle of North America and the U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations are encouraging mosques to turn themselves into voter registration centers before the November election so that Muslims can make their voices heard at the polls. Registration drives are expected to ramp up significantly in June, during Ramadan, when attendance at Islamic centers peaks." The Times quoted CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper as saying, "The fear and apprehension in the American Muslim community has never been at this level. The anti-Islamic tidal wave is spurring civic participation."
Federal prosecutors in the 2007 Holy Land Foundation trial named CAIR as an un-indicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation criminal conspiracy to support the terrorist group, Hamas. In addition, prosecutors introduced as evidence a Muslim Brotherhood plan to take over the US through a strategic "civilization jihadist process" aimed at "sabotaging its (America's) miserable house" from within. The Islamic Circle of North America is named in the Muslim Brotherhood document. Islamic Centers and Mosques play an important role in the plan to support "battalion" and "domestic political resolution." They are to be "operations rooms" for Islamic activity throughout the region they serve.
Muslims are not arguing about who is allah's candidate. They will be voting for the Democratic nominee because he or she will keep appeasing Islam and allowing jihadists into the country. Islam has a plan to take over America, and it has a political party as a willing dupe. Christians need to see the reality of what is going on outside their country club churches. We need to quit bickering about whether to vote and make sure our good is used to overcome evil. But first, we need to, as Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." All the noise in this election is deceptive. There is much at stake. Islam believes that America is within reach. You can bet your bottom dollar that Muslims are working with a purpose.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Terrorists Target Turkey
Terrorists Target Turkey
ISIS-inspired terrorism from Syria and Iraq is increasingly spilling over into Turkey. The nation has been rocked by a series of recent bombings that have killed nearly 100 people since the beginning of the year.
Today, there are credible reports that a major ISIS attack targeting Jewish children is "imminent." The intelligence was obtained from six ISIS jihadis who were arrested last week.
Various media outlets are now reporting that the Pentagon and the State Department have ordered the evacuations of family members of diplomats and military personnel in southern Turkey. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has urged Israeli tourists to leave Turkey immediately. (Gary Bauer)
Wisconsin Governor Cuts Off Funds for Abortion Clinics
Kudos To Gov. Rick Scott
Predictably, the left is crying crocodile tears. Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards blasted the new bill as "cruel" and "designed to rip health care away from those most at risk."
Richards added that "thousands of people across Florida may no longer be able to access essential reproductive health care, such as cancer screenings, birth control, and well-woman exams."
That is an absurd claim. According to Planned Parenthood's website, it operates 22 centers in Florida.
But as John Stemberger, president of the Florida Family Policy Council, noted, "there are 636 Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) sites and Rural Health Clinics in the state of Florida. . . These FQHCs provide far more care, not less, than the limited services that Planned Parenthood and similar abortion-centric facilities provide."
The Persecuted Church
Pakistan's History of Persecuting Christians
Pakistan is once again in the news over its attack on religious minorities. A terrorist attack targeting Christians killed more than 70 people in Lahore as Pakistani Christian families were celebrating Easter in a public park.
This is not the first time that Christians in the Islamic country have been targeted and observers say that as things stand this won't be the last time.
This is largely because discriminatory laws, state's patronage of militants groups, deep-rooted intolerance and chronic ignorance give rise to incidents of persecution in Pakistan, making it a living hell for the minority Shia Muslims who along with Christians, Hindus and Ahmadis became the prime target of Sunni extremists.
While Ahmadis are constitutionally declared non-Muslims, Christians and Hindus were made to suffer from harsh blasphemy laws while Shias were regarded as kafirs (infidels).
Pakistan, carved out from British India was created in 1947 in the name of Islam after Muslims of the Indian subcontinent called for a separate homeland.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
JESUS PAID IT ALL
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow."
I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
[To view all the lyrics, please go here.]
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Elvina M. Hall, 1865.
Music: John T. Grape
Signs and Wonders
Pavlof Volcano in Alaska still erupting, sending ash plume up to 37,000 feet
Alaska's Pavlof Volcano, which erupted unexpectedly over the weekend, continued to rumble and fling ash into the sky Monday, the Alaska Volcano Observatory said. The ash plume is now 37,000 feet high and trails some 400 miles to the northeast over the Alaskan interior. Aviation alerts were up in the region.
Bering Air and PenAir canceled at least some flights Monday, according to KTVA. (CNN)
[To read more and to view amazing photos and videos of this eruption, go here.]
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Because of Canadian Believers, Weeping Cubans are Hugging Their New Bibles
(Canada)-Canadians make up the majority of foreign visitors to Cuba, and have been cheering for church congregants who are flourishing under difficult conditions on the Caribbean isle. One group decided to do more than just cheer for their fellow Christians. Canadian Bible Society (CBS) representatives plan to provide the Cuban Church, and Cuban Christians, with a million Bibles in the next 18 months.
"The Canadian Bible Society is coming alongside the Church in Cuba, a church that grows by 15 percent each year, to provide Bibles that will change lives by bringing God's Word to the people there," said Alain Montano Hdez, leader of the Believers Cuban Biblical Commission.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Chris Tomlin - "How Great is Our God"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
1. Intercessors for America: Get out the Prayer!
Our country continues to reach significant moments where our culture and values are redefined. This fall's national election offers another defining moment. It is critical that the Church pray. We are not praying for specific candidates or parties to be in power, but rather, we are praying God's will be done. Join with thousands who are interceding for spiritual awakening and godly leaders in communities, cities, states, and the nation.
Get Out The Prayer 2016 (GOTP 2016) is calling for community volunteer leaders. Our goal is to raise up leaders who can gather people from different churches and neighborhoods to facilitate deliberate and effective prayer for our nation and the upcoming 2016 elections. To learn more about how you can be involved in this very well organized, grassroots initiative, please go here.
2. PrayForElections.Com: A Weekly Nationwide Election Conference Prayer Call
Join ministry leaders and Christian organizations from across the nation who will host one Tuesday Night Election Prayer Call every Tuesday evening until the General Election on November 8th, 2016. We pray for the Presidential candidates and other offices in the House and Senate. We pray for the election process, integrity in counting ballots, eliminating fraudulent ballots, and for those with our Christian values to win by landslides throughout the country.
PrayForElections.com is hosted by The Salt & Light Council (SLC). SLC trains and equips churches nationwide to preserve our culture through Biblical Citizenship. Affiliate Church Leaders appointed by their pastors learn to mobilize congregations to take action as responsible Christian citizens through the PETER formula (Pray. Educate. Take action. Elections. Restoration)
Conference Number: 712-432-1699.
8pm ET / 7pm CT/ 6pm MT / 5pm PT
(30 minutes each week)
3. Confusion on the Ohio Primary Ballot
This is a YouTube video, forwarded to us by Intercessors for America and posted on their Facebook. Please stand against all voter fraud. [Ohioans vote tomorrow: Tuesday, March 15.]
4. Addressing Voter Fraud
There are several excellent sources to help you track and pray over potential voter fraud:
a. iVoters is located on YouTube here.
b. TRUE THE VOTE - Visit their website by going here.
c. BLACK BOX VOTING - Visit this website by going here.
d. PROJECT VERITAS - Visit this website by going here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.
Announcement from CHPP
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners Announces our New Publishing Schedule for 2016
We continue to thank our Lord for each one of you whom He has drawn to join us in this strategic work of intercession for our nation, and for Israel. We are confident that our prayers are being heard in heaven, amen!
Please be advised that, beginning this week and continuing for the rest of this year, the Daily Brief will only be published on FOUR DAYS each week:
We are choosing to stand down on Fridays, so that we can join a new KINGDOM PRAYER WATCH on Capitol Hill. The Kingdom Prayer Watch is covering our national and congressional elections in weekly prayer every Friday.
This watch, which was begun on a foundation of REPENTANCE, now meets for two hours (from 1:15 - 3:00 p.m.) praying not for specific candidates, but welcoming the King to come as He builds His Kingdom on earth, as it is in heaven.
Our key verse is taken from Isaiah 33:22 --
"For the Lord is our Judge,
The Lord is our Lawgiver,
The Lord is our King;
He will save us."
We are, indeed, now looking for Him to save us!
If you would like to learn more about the KINGDOM PRAYER WATCH, or to join us every Friday, please send me an email at: email@example.com
Sara Ballenger, Founder
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20170