CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Franklin Graham continues his 50-state
"Decision America" tour. For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
"Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Western Wall rabbi withdraws support for egalitarian plaza - Times of Israel
The Western Wall rabbi reportedly withdrew his support for a deal establishing a separate egalitarian prayer section at the holy site.
Shmuel Rabinowitz in a letter Monday urged haredi Orthodox party leaders to introduce legislation to cancel the Jan. 31 deal and a 2013 district court ruling allowing the Women of the Wall group to pray in the main Orthodox section of the wall, Haaretz reported.
"I call upon you to act with the same determination to stop the holy site desecration at the Western Wall, whose spiritual damage is beyond imagination," he wrote. (Read more)
2. Germany: 'Occupied territories' not part of Israel - Israel Hayom
Following a recent demand to Jordan Valley farmers that their products be labeled as "manufactured in territories occupied by the Israeli government," before export to Europe, Germany has reiterated the requirement for product labeling.
David Elhayani, the head of the Jordan Valley Regional Council, reached out to German Ambassador to Israel Clemens von Goetze regarding widespread opposition to the demand.
Von Goetze responded over the weekend, saying that Germany is acting in accordance with the legal decision made by all European Union countries, which states that the "occupied territories" are not part of Israel. According to him, this means that produce from the territories cannot be treated with the same rules as produce from within Israel, including using the "Made in Israel" label. (Read more)
3. Elkin outraged over reported secret Israel-PA talks - Israel National News
Minister of Immigrant Absorption and Jerusalem Affairs Ze'ev Elkin (Likud), who is a member of the Defense-Security Cabinet, expressed outrage on Monday over reports in the Haaretz newspaper that Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA) had held secret talks about transferring the security control for cities in Judea and Samaria to the PA.
"I am completely against the idea of reducing the army's defensive operations in Area A and the transfer of responsibility to the Palestinian security forces, at a time when Palestinian terrorism is raising its head," Elkin said.
"It's time that our defense leadership finally understand that the responsibility for the security of Israeli citizens should be placed on the IDF and our security forces and not on the Palestinian security forces who will not do the job for us," he continued.
"The Palestinian Authority, which encourages incitement on a daily basis, is the problem and certainly not the solution," said Elkin, "We can not go back to the days before Operation Defensive Shield when they told us that the Palestinians will fight terror on their own. We have already paid a heavy price for this mistake during the second intifada." (Read more)
4. Netanyahu: PA refuses deal with Israel for security control of West Bank - JNS.org
(JNS.org) An Israeli offer to reduce military operations in major Palestinian cities across the West Bank with the aim of bolstering the Palestinian Authority has been shelved after it was rejected by the Palestinian Authority, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said.
Clandestine negotiations have been held over the past few weeks involving a gradual restoration of Palestinian security control over West Bank cities. The proposal stipulated that the Israel Defense Forces would cease operating in Area A, which includes the larger Palestinian cities and villages, except for cases of extreme urgency referred to as "ticking bomb" situations. The plan suggested a pilot program of these steps would be implemented in Ramallah and Jericho. (Read more)
5. UN chief urges Israel to reverse West Bank land appropriation - Times of Israel
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged Israel on Tuesday to reverse its decision to appropriate land in the West Bank, describing the move as "an impediment to the two-state solution" in the Middle East.
The appeal came after Israel declared 234 hectares (around 600 acres) of West Bank territory as state land, the biggest reclassification of land since in 2014, according to the settlement watchdog Peace Now.
"Such actions appear to point toward an increase in settlement activities and demonstrate that Israel is continuing to push forward in the consolidation of its control of the West Bank," said UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric. (Read more)
6. Abbas to French envoy: PA contacting int'l parties about peace conference - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian leadership has already promoted to international parties the French plan to hold a multilateral conference on the conflict, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas told French envoy Pierre Vimont in Ramallah on Tuesday.
Abbas added that the Palestinians are also talking with international parties about the ways to achieve a two state solution on the basis of the Arab Peace initiative of 2002.
Vimont presented the French plan to Palestinian officials, who welcomed the idea of holding an international conference for peace, but said they were not optimistic because Israel is opposed to it. (Read more)
7. Christian-Jewish Aid Group Donates $8.5 Million to IDF - JNS.org
The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews (IFCJ) will donate $8.5 million to the Israeli Defense Forces to help families in need and lone soldiers.
"Unfortunately, the poverty rates that have afflicted so many Israelis have affected our soldiers as well," said Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, president and founder of IFCJ.
"I am pleased that the IDF is acknowledging their need and is partnering with the IFCJ to make sure Israel's bravest are able to serve in peace, knowing that they and their families are being provided for," he added. (Read more)
- "Happy is he that considereth the poor; the LORD will deliver him in the day of evil." (Psalms 41:2)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama taps Jewish judge as Supreme Court nominee - Times of Israel
President Barack Obama nominated Jewish federal appeals court judge Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court on Wednesday. The pick sets up a confrontation with Republicans who say they will refuse to consider his nomination in an election year.
Garland is the chief judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, a court whose influence over federal policy and national security matters has made it a proving ground for potential Supreme Court justices.
Garland, 63, would become fourth Jewish judge on the nine-person bench. (Read more)
- Lord, we know that the president has promised to keep nominating names all this year to fill the seat on the Supreme Court now made vacant by Justice Scalia's passing. And Lord, we thank You that Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has also held firm that there will be no more hearings held for this position this year. We ask that You strengthen the hands of the current Republican majority in the United States Senate so that no decision will, indeed, be made this year. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "In that day the Lord of hosts will be For a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty To the remnant of His people, For a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, And for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate." (Isaiah 28:5,6)
2. Rubio suspends GOP presidential campaign after Florida loss - Fox News
Marco Rubio suspended his Republican presidential campaign Tuesday after losing the primary in Florida, his home state, to Donald Trump.
"It is clear that while we are on the right side this year, we will not be on the winning side," Rubio told supporters in Miami, adding: "My campaign is suspended." (Read more)
- Abba Father, the Republican campaign for the presidency of the USA in 2016 looks like a mud wrestling contest. We stand in the gap and repent for all the profanity and lies that have been said. We thank You for candidates that have refused to join the foray. We thank You for the very elegant and anointed words spoken by Senator Marco Rubio as he has now graciously stepped down from running for office.
We pray for our country. There are many people who are angry because of campaign promises that have not been kept. But Abba, we ask that You would open the eyes of those who are voting that they may see the reality of what their choices may lead to. Help those who are voting in the Republican primary to not make choices that they would regret in the end. In the Name of Jesus Christ, we pray, Amen.
- If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is aliar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. (I John 4:20)
3. Franklin Graham: 'Zero hope in Republican Party' - WND
Franklin Graham, the CEO of Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, on Tuesday told a crowd estimated at more than 4,200 in an icy wind on the west steps of the Colorado Capitol that they as Christians need to pray for their nation, then vote, seek office, win and start running governments from Washington to the school board based on biblical principles.
"I have zero hope in the Democratic Party," he said. "Wait a second, before the Republicans start high-fiving each other, I have zero hope in the Republican Party. The only hope is in God. God!" (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for Franklin Graham, a man of God who stands aside, and above, the political fray and helps us to see this year's election from a kingdom perspective. Assuming that there is, indeed, "no hope" of either party giving us a reliable candidate, could it be that instead, You are bringing us to the end of ourselves . . . that we might truly repent of our own wicked ways and find You? Teach us Your ways, O Lord, we pray, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Repent therefore and be converted, . . . so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." (Acts 3:19)
4. Washington, D.C. Metrorail to shut down Wednesday; federal workers to telework, take leave - WTOP.com
The entire Metrorail system will shut down all day Wednesday for emergency safety inspections of electrical cables that were inspected last year in the wake of the Yellow Line smoke that killed a rider and sent dozens to the hospital.
The unprecedented closure could deliver a crippling blow to the region's overtaxed transportation network and officials warned commuters to begin making alternate plans to get to work without Metrorail, which carries roughly 750,000 riders daily.
The Office of Personnel Management says federal agencies in the D.C. area will be open Wednesday but that employees will have the option for unscheduled leave or telework due to the Metrorail closure. And other transit agencies in the region have begun to announce service changes to accommodate the expected higher volume of riders.
The rail system will stay open for the remainder of Tuesday but will not open at all on Wednesday. Metrorail is expected to reopen again at 5 a.m. on Thursday. (Read more)
- Father God, for Metro to shut down its entire system in the middle of a work week, with very little notice, tells us that today there is something seriously wrong in our city. We also take note of recent videos released by ISIS, that have threatened a pending attack upon Washington, D.C. similar to that of Paris, France, but of a "much greater magnitude."
We come against any unspoken terror attack, including the use of nerve gas or sarin gas, that may have prompted this abrupt action. We ask for Your help as the Metro officials even now are carefully inspecting every mile of track, searching for anything that is suspiciou or amiss. We ask for Your hand of protection to rest upon our city today and always, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
5. Missouri Senate Passes Bill Criticized as Anti-gay - Washington Post
For 39 hours, seven Democrats in the Missouri Senate kept up a filibuster aimed at drawing attention to, and ultimately killing, a religious freedom bill that critics called anti-gay. On Wednesday morning, they were finally cut short. The chamber's Republican majority voted to end the filibuster and voted in favor of the bill, which if enacted would permit religious organizations and certain others to refrain from activities viewed as condoning or participating in same-sex marriage.
It is the latest and perhaps most dramatic example of the extraordinary opposition being stoked by religious liberties bills, which have proliferated in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last year legalizing same-sex marriage nationally. Social conservatives say the bills are necessary to protect faith-based organizations and faith-driven businesses from being forced to condone a practice that clashes with their religion. (Read more)
- This battle has become fierce and bitterly divisive. It will not be won politically but only through prayer and revival in the Church, as believers rise up and insist on the recognition of God as Creator. The alternative is "national atheism," beginning in public education and leading to an adult majority having zero concern for religious freedoms, bathroom privacy, or personal dignity. Please pray.
- "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isa. 5:20) [Prayer offered by Intercessors for America]
6. Idaho Pastor Still Recovering - Praisenet/CHPP
Another bullet found in his body, making 8 in all
We've been informed that Pastor Tim took a few steps over the weekend. But he has a fever, and they found another bullet - which means he was hit a total of 8 times instead of just six. Please continue to pray for him-- he is still a medical miracle, anyone who has been shot can have repercussions if they survive. God has spared his life, but let's keep praying for him.
- Father God, we do trust You for that medical miracle that is now being asked on behalf of Pastor Tim Remington, as he recovers from his injuries sustained at the hand of the shooter two weeks ago. Lord, You are a God of miracles, so we entrust this need to You now, in Your name, amen.
- "You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples." (Psalm 77:14)
7. Did Putin once again outfox Obama? - POLITICO
Vladimir Putin's announcement on Monday that Russia will begin pulling out of Syria appeared to take the White House by surprise, and revived concerns that the Russian leader is outmaneuvering Barack Obama. Just six months after he threw international relations into a tailspin by launching airstrikes in Syria, Putin on Monday declared that "the tasks put before the defense ministry have been completed over all," adding that he had ordered that "the main part" of Russian forces in Syria would be withdrawn.
White House officials were left scrambling, with press secretary Josh Earnest punting on questions during the briefing and others trying to quickly gather information. "We have seen reports that President Putin has announced a planned withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria. We expect to learn more about this in the coming hours," said one senior administration official on Monday afternoon. (Read more)
- Abba Father, it seems at face value that President Putin has accomplished what he wanted in Syria. Russia now has airfields and a naval base established in Syria. Putin has weakened the forces fighting against Assad. And Russia has retired from the fight and left it all in the hands of Assad while the USA looks in amazement at what has happened. Vladimir Putin does not consult with anyone, and he rides the element of surprise well. We pray that the peace negotiations in Geneva will be successful. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Do not drag me away with the wicked And with those who work iniquity, Who speak peace with their neighbors, While evil is in their hearts." (Psalm 28:3)
8. The Latest: Turkey: Kurdish fighters have US, Russian arms - Washington Post
Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says U.S. and Russian weapons are ending up in the hands of the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, which his country considers a terrorist organization.
He also rejected the idea of any form of Kurdish self-rule in Turkey in an address in Ankara.
Erdogan said weapons confiscated from the PKK, the Syrian Democratic Union Party (PYD), and its armed wing, the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), came from Russia and the West, including the U.S.
Washington also considers the PKK a terrorist group, but the U.S. has strong tactical ties with the YPG, which Ankara views as a PKK affiliate. Washington has provided air support to the YPG, which is among the most effective ground forces battling the Islamic State group in Syria. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up the Kurdish community before Your Throne of Grace, and we thank You for the plans and the purposes You have for them as a people and as a nation. Lord God, the Kurds are true "freedom fighters," who only want what is theirs: a homeland. We ask that, in the current negotiations, the nations would move with only their best interests at heart. We ask this in Your Name, amen and amen.
- "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9)
9. U.S. official raises Iran rocket fears; Tehran denies tests are illegal - CNN
It would be Iran's first ever launch of this configuration, and like the North Korean test earlier this year, would give Iran further insights into intercontinental ballistic missile technology.
The assessment followed reports in Iran's state media that it had test-fired two ballistic missiles last Wednesday. The day before that, Iran conducted other missile tests that Washington suggested were in violation of a U.N. resolution adopted last year in the wake of an historic agreement by Tehran to curtail its nuclear program.
However Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Tehran was within its rights to carry out tests it claimed were for defensive purposes. Speaking to reporters in Canberra, Australia Tuesday, Zarif said the resolution covered missiles capable of carrying "nuclear warheads."
"Since we do not have nuclear warheads and we have undertaken not to develop them, and the international community has put in place the best mechanisms money can buy in order to make sure that we do not develop nuclear weapons . . . we do not design any missiles to carry things we do not have. So these missiles do not fall within the purview of (resolution) 2231 and they are not illegal," he said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, We continue to repent that our nation has signed an agreement with the enemy. Abba, we ask that You would show Yourself strong in Your defense of Israel. Watch over Israel and the USA, and keep us in the palm of Your hand. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Now in the first year of Cyrus king ofPersia, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying: "Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, 'The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah." (Ezra1:1-2)
10. China, Russia Planning Space Attacks on U.S. Satellites - Washington Free Beacon
China and Russia are preparing to attack and disrupt critical U.S. military and intelligence satellites in a future conflict with crippling space missile, maneuvering satellite, and laser attacks, senior Pentagon and intelligence officials told Congress on Tuesday. Air Force Gen. John Hyten, commander of the Air Force Space Command, said the threat to U.S. space systems has reached a new tipping point, and after years of post-Cold War stagnation foreign states are focused on curbing U.S. space systems. "Adversaries are developing kinetic, directed-energy, and cyber tools to deny, degrade, and destroy our space capabilities," Hyten said in a prepared statement for a hearing of the House Armed Service strategic forces subcommittee.
"They understand our reliance on space, and they understand the competitive advantage we derive from space. The need for vigilance has never been greater," the four-star general said. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty, we turn to You for protection of our satellites now orbiting in space, because we know that it is written that You rule in the heavens. Thank You that, as we ask, You will answer, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper . . ." (Isaiah 54:17)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Captain Obvious and those who wish to do harm
Winning the March Madness Captain Obvious Award is Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security, John Roth. Reuters reports that Roth told the Senate Homeland Security Committee that, "We may be admitting individuals who wish to do us harm, or who do not meet the requirements for a visa." He blamed the antiquated paper processing system that he estimated will take another billion dollars and three more years to update and automate. Roth said the system was more suited to "an office environment from 1950 rather than 2016." While it is obvious that we are letting terrorists and criminals into the country, it is also obvious that border security is lacking as a matter of White House policy.
Roth's testimony is a harbinger of the problem. The political policy wonks, aka the "president" and his minions, have allowed tens of thousands of criminals and Islamists to enter the country at will. So much so, that the system to protect Americans from such is stressed to the point of ineffectiveness. It's where politics and practicality clash. The "president's" policy has put all Americans in harms way and Captain Obvious John Roth says "we may be admitting individuals who wish to do us harm." This is the result of policy based on remaking America into a socialist nation. This policy will cause death and destruction. This policy will continue under another Democratic Administration or under some Republicans.
Moreover, the Center for Immigration Studies has analyzed the "president's" immigration policy from data released by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The analysis concludes that since 2010, ICE has released 124 aliens who have been charged with 135 new homicides--some have been released multiple times. In 2014, ICE released a total of 30,558 criminal aliens. These aliens had already been convicted of 92,347 crimes before they were released by ICE. As of July 25, 2015, a total of 1,607 aliens had been convicted of a crime after being freed by ICE. The total number of new crimes for which these aliens were convicted after ICE released them was 2,560, including: 298 dangerous drug offenses, 185 assaults, 40 weapons offenses, 28 sex offenses, 10 sex assaults, four kidnappings, two arsons, and one homicide.
It is obvious that these people do not wish to follow the law, nor do they want to assimilate as Americans. The political goal by Democrats and some Republicans is to promote anarchy to trigger socialist change. The Bible is very clear about how to handle immigrants. Exodus 22:21 says, "You shall neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him." This is repeated in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. In context, Exodus 12:49 says, "One law shall be to him that is home-born, and unto the foreigner who sojourns among you." This is also repeated in Numbers and Leviticus. One law for all. In this context it is God's law, but these people neither want to submit to the laws of the nation or to God's laws. If they are here illegally, they have broken the law as their first act. Hard as it is, policymakers must address this, otherwise our country is in danger.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Praying for the Line of Succession
Praying for the Line of Succession
The Lord began speaking to us last week to very simply begin to pray over the Line of Succession in our government, every day, calling forth His protection over each one.
We do not know why, in these perilous times, Abba is asking this of us; we simply seek to obey Him. Please find below the names of the first seven men and women who now occupy the current Line of Succession, as outlined in the United States Constitution. We decree Psalm 91 over each one, and ask for God's hand of protection to rest upon each one named.
You can find more information about the Line of Succession, as well as all who are now named in this line of authority, by going here. Thank you.
1. Vice President: Joe Biden (D)
2. Speaker of the House of Representatives: Paul Ryan (R)
3. President pro tempore of the Senate: Orrin Hatch (R)
4. Secretary of State: John Kerry (D)
5. Secretary of the Treasury: Jack Lew (D)
6. Secretary of Defense: Ash Carter (D)
7. Attorney General: Loretta Lynch (D)
The Persecuted Church
Anti-Conversion Laws in Nepal Will Stifle Religious Freedom Rights
Much fanfare was made when Nepal released its new constitution in September. I was one of the many who celebrated on the streets of Kathmandu, hoping it was part of a prosperous peaceful future for our nation.
But all was not what it appeared to be.
There are controversial elements within the constitution, most notably how it stifles religious freedom by making it illegal for anyone to promote or express their religion in a way that could result in someone changing their faith.
And this part includes hefty punishments.
The contentious bill - yet to be made law - proposes five years of imprisonment and a penalty of fifty thousand rupees for anyone found guilty of converting a person from one religion to another.
BE STILL, MY SOUL
"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side. Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change, He faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake To guide the future, as He has the past. Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; All now mysterious shall be bright at last. Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.
Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart, And all is darkened in the vale of tears, Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart, Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears. Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay From His own fullness all He takes away.
Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on When we shall be forever with the Lord. When disappointment, grief and fear are gone, Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.
Be still, my soul: begin the song of praise On earth, believing, to Thy Lord on high; Acknowledge Him in all thy words and ways, So shall He view thee with a well pleased eye. Be still, my soul: the Sun of life divine Through passing clouds shall but more brightly shine.
To listen to this classic hymn, please go here.
(Sung by Libera)
Written by: Katharina A. von Schlegel, 1752
Music written by: William H. Monk, 1875
About this hymn:
This hymn was reportedly the favorite of Eric Liddell, the athlete who became famous in the 1924 Olympics for refusing to run on the Sabbath (see the movie Chariots of Fire). Liddell later became a missionary in China, and was imprisoned during World War II. He is said to have taught this hymn to others in the prison camp (where he eventually died of a brain tumor).
Signs and Wonders
Comet Brightens as it Approaches Earth
On March 21st, Comet 252P/LINEAR will make a close approach to Earth--only 0.036 AU (5.4 million km) away. This is the fifth closest cometary approach on record and, as a result, the normally dim comet could become an easy target for backyard telescopes. (Spaceweather.com)
The Good News Corner
Syrian Refugees Embracing Christ, Teaching Children About Jesus After Witnessing Love of Christians
According to a report from Christian Aid Mission, Christian relief groups are working tirelessly in these regions to help provide food, clothing and blankets to such new arrivals, and they distribute groceries weekly to more than 100 families.
One ministry team leader told the outlet that their volunteers are able to communicate with the Syrian, Iraqi and Kurdish refugees in their own languages, allowing them to share the love of Christ with those traumatized from their experiences.
The ministry leader shared one particularly compelling story of how one refugee, who will go by the name of Saddam for security reasons, embraced Christianity after witnessing the kindness of the Christian aid workers.
Saddam appeared to have been a man of authority and wealth in Syria, and told the ministry that he found out about them because everyone at the hotel where he was staying was talking about it.
When he first arrived, he asked a ministry worker if he was a Christian or a Muslim. Uncertain of why he was asked such a question, the worker asked him why he wanted to know.
With tears streaming from his eyes, Saddam said, "I need someone to talk with me about Jesus."
The workers summoned the ministry co-directors, and the Muslim man told them, "All the Muslim countries have turned their back to us. All the Muslim nations have ripped us from our treasures. They taught us not to trust the Christians, and that they are liars. I come to Greece and I find myself in the best place with the best food for me and my children. I find love that I have never seen. Please teach me."
He wept even more as the ministry leaders led him to Jesus as Lord and Savior, then he said,
"Now, you have to teach my children. These are the future. They have to be Christians. Our time is short. Please teach them." (Gospel Herald) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Kim Walker Smith - "I Need You More"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
1. Intercessors for America: Get out the Prayer!
Our country continues to reach significant moments where our culture and values are redefined. This fall's national election offers another defining moment. It is critical that the Church pray. We are not praying for specific candidates or parties to be in power, but rather, we are praying God's will be done. Join with thousands who are interceding for spiritual awakening and godly leaders in communities, cities, states, and the nation.
Get Out The Prayer 2016 (GOTP 2016) is calling for community volunteer leaders. Our goal is to raise up leaders who can gather people from different churches and neighborhoods to facilitate deliberate and effective prayer for our nation and the upcoming 2016 elections. To learn more about how you can be involved in this very well organized, grassroots initiative, please go here.
2. PrayForElections.Com: A Weekly Nationwide Election Conference Prayer Call
Join ministry leaders and Christian organizations from across the nation who will host one Tuesday Night Election Prayer Call every Tuesday evening until the General Election on November 8th, 2016. We pray for the Presidential candidates and other offices in the House and Senate. We pray for the election process, integrity in counting ballots, eliminating fraudulent ballots, and for those with our Christian values to win by landslides throughout the country.
PrayForElections.com is hosted by The Salt & Light Council (SLC). SLC trains and equips churches nationwide to preserve our culture through Biblical Citizenship. Affiliate Church Leaders appointed by their pastors learn to mobilize congregations to take action as responsible Christian citizens through the PETER formula (Pray. Educate. Take action. Elections. Restoration)
Conference Number: 712-432-1699.
8pm ET / 7pm CT/ 6pm MT / 5pm PT
(30 minutes each week)
3. Confusion on the Ohio Primary Ballot
This is a YouTube video, forwarded to us by Intercessors for America and posted on their Facebook. Please stand against all voter fraud. [Ohioans vote tomorrow: Tuesday, March 15.]
4. Addressing Voter Fraud
There are several excellent sources to help you track and pray over potential voter fraud:
a. iVoters is located on YouTube here.
b. TRUE THE VOTE - Visit their website by going here.
c. BLACK BOX VOTING - Visit this website by going here.
d. PROJECT VERITAS - Visit this website by going here.