CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Friday, March 11, 2016
Some of you are seeing a red banner at the top of this page, saying that it is not safe to open this email. THAT STATEMENT IS FALSE. Please press "Ignore. I trust this message" in order to continue receiving the Daily Brief. Thank you.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, March 11, 2016
"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be - 'The Lord is one,'
And His name one." (Zechariah 14:9)
One hour each, day and night, for the Texas case, until the judgment has been rendered.
Conference call line 515-739-1010, code 414009#.
8-9 am Eastern & 8-9 pm Eastern every day of the week, until June 30
For more details, go here.
Pray . . . and . . . Vote!
This Week in Israel
This Week in Israel
Four Headlines to Note
> > > Here is a summary of four major events that have happened this week in Israel, taken from the weekly prayer bulletin for Bridges for Peace. To read their entire bulletin, please go here.
We are sharing excerpts of their reports, with the BFP Prayer Focus and Scripture following.
1. Twenty-four Hours of Bloodshed: The Terror Wave Continues
In a 24 hour period this week, the people of Israel were engulfed by a dedicated murderous rampage. Five Palestinian terror attacks have left one dead and almost twenty injured, six seriously. (Read details here)
Raise your voice, with the psalmist of old, asking the Lord to hear the cries of His people. Beseech the Lord on behalf of those who are suffering as a result of terror attacks. Pray for complete healing, physical and emotional, from their injuries.
A prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed and pours out his complaint before the LORD. Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come to You . . . incline Your ear to me; in the day that I call, answer me speedily. You will arise and have mercy on Zion; for the time to favor her, yes, the set time, has come. - Psalm 102:1-2, 13
2. American Vice President in Israel to Discuss US Military Aid Deal
It is official. Six years after his previous visit to the Promised Land, US Vice President (VP), Joe Biden, touched down in Tel Aviv for a quick two-day trip to Israel.
Discussion topics include the continuous civil war raging in neighboring Syria as well as the ongoing war on Palestinian terror raging in the Jewish state. However, according to a number of Israeli news sources, the main purpose of Biden's visit is to discuss a new Memorandum of Understanding on US security aid with Netanyahu.
According to Debkafile, the American VP is set to present the much anticipated multibillion dollar financial and defense aid package guaranteed by the US government to compensate for the loss in Israeli security as a result of the Iran nuclear deal.
In recent months, Israeli and American officials have spent much time around the negotiation table hammering out the terms of the promised US military assistance. The Obama administration has given assurance that the aid package would guarantee Israel's military and security edge over the next ten years as Iran embarks on upgrading its military capabilities, Debkafile reports. (Read more)
Pray that the relationship between the United States and Israel would be a godly one, guided by love for the Lord and aligned with His plans and purposes for both countries.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces." For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, "Peace be within you." Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek your good. - Psalm 122:6-9
3. Iranian Ballistic Missiles Bear Message Calling for Israel's Destruction
As if Iran test firing long-range missiles wasn't bad enough, one of them literally conveyed an anti-Israel message-and Iran made sure their most hated enemy got the point. The Iranian Fars News Agency reported that one of the Qadr missiles capable of hitting Israel and tested on Wednesday had written on it "Israel should be wiped off the Earth"-in Hebrew, not the Iranian Farsi language.
The news broke yesterday that Iran had on Tuesday test-launched several ballistic missiles from locations across the country. This week's launch constitutes the third time in five months that the Islamic Republic has violated the United Nations Security Council ban on such tests. (Read more)
In the face of Iran's arrogant boasts that Israel must be destroyed, call out to the Lord who is a shield of protection for His people. Pray that the eyes of the nation of Israel will be firmly fixed on the Lord.
LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me . . But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. - Psalm 3:1, 3
4. Russia Halts Transfer of Advanced Missile Technology to Iran
Russia has decided to freeze its shipment of S-300 anti-aircraft missile system to Iran, Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida reported on Saturday.
The paper quotes a highly reliable source as saying that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered to suspend delivery of the advanced aerial defense system because Iran failed to lived up to its promise to not deliver advanced weaponry to the Lebanese terrorist organization Hezbollah.
The source, who wished to remain anonymous, told the Kuwaiti paper that Putin based his decision on information he received from Israel, proving that the Iranians had transferred the advanced Russian-made SA-22 surface-to-air missile system to Hezbollah more than once. (Read more)
Bring Israel's leaders, Prime Minister Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ya'alon and members of the security cabinet, before the Lord, asking that they will seek wisdom from Him alone; so they will know how to lead Israel during these turbulent times.
Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding." - Daniel 2:20-21
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu: Israel has ties with 161 nations - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu invited his more than 1.5 million Facebook followers to an online discussion on Tuesday.
Many of those who joined the discussion asked him about the security situation and the economy, and in particular the steadily rising cost of housing. One participant asked why Netanyahu has thus far refrained from allocating the many ministerial portfolios he currently holds. The prime minister said it was his intention to distribute the Economy Ministry portfolio in the near future. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that there are diplomatic relations with that many nations. We commit those relations to You for safe-keeping. We pray that those nations whom You desire to be true allies of Israel will come forth. We ask that You bless those nations, their leaders, and their people. We pray for Your will to be done and in Your timing regarding all alliances between Israel and another country. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Nearly half of Israeli Jews favor transfer of Arabs - Israel Hayom
Israeli Jews are united in the opinion that the land of Israel belongs to the Jewish people, but are divided on the matter of religion, according to a comprehensive public survey on religion, state and society in Israel by the American Pew Research Center.
The survey found that while more Israeli Jews are traditional or religious than secular, most still think Halachah (Jewish law) should be separate from the laws of the state. . .
"Nearly 70 years after the establishment of the modern State of Israel, its Jewish population remains united behind the idea that Israel is a homeland for the Jewish people and a necessary refuge from rising anti-Semitism around the globe," researchers said. (Read more)
- Abba, we see these statistics about how the Jewish people feel about various issues. One number that is shocking is the percentage of secular Jews. Father, we pray for each and every single Jew in the land. We ask that You soften their hearts to come back to Your ways. May You bring to their memory the promises and covenants You made with their ancestors. Remind them, Father, of Your love for them. We pray that their hearts maybe seek you just as David's did. We pray for their protection and salvation. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Herzog to Biden: Jews will continue to be murdered if we don't separate from the Palestinians - Jerusalem Post
If Israel does not take steps to separate from the Palestinians, Jews will continue to be killed in terror attacks and the two-state solution will be in danger, opposition leader Isaac Herzog told US Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday.
Biden met with Herzog before concluding his three-day trip to Israel in a conversation that focused on the current wave of terror and on Biden's impressions on the Palestinian issue based on his talks with leaders during his visit. The US vice president's trip saw him meet both Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas separately. Biden traveled to Jordan on Thursday after concluding his visit in Israel. (Read more)
- Abba, we believe it is Your will to NOT divide Jerusalem or to give one square inch away to be claimed as another country. We ask for Your protection and mercy to be upon all of the Israeli government as well as Vice President Joe Biden. We pray for wisdom and truth in their thoughts or plans that are being made. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all of Israel. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. Ignoring Biden call to condemn attacks, Abbas slams all forms of violence - Times of Israel
A day after ignoring a call from US Vice President Joe Biden to explicitly condemn the ongoing spate of attacks on Israelis, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday announced he opposed all forms of violence.
"Our hand is outstretched in peace founded on justice and respect for the rights of everyone," Abbas said at joint press conference in Ramallah with visiting Romanian President Klaus Iohannis.
"We are against violence, extremism and terrorism, wherever it comes from," he said. (Read more)
- Father God, how the lies fly! We pray that You would reveal the deceit that is in the words of Mr. Abbas. We pray that You would reveal truth to the nations of who is really promoting peace. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Syrian opposition says not optimistic about peace talks - Jerusalem Post
BEIRUT - The head of the Syrian opposition's negotiating team said on Thursday it was not optimistic about peace talks getting under way in Geneva, and has still not confirmed if it will attend the UN-backed negotiations.
Asaad al-Zoubi, head of the main opposition council's delegation to the talks, told Al Arabiya al Hadath TV the humanitarian situation and continuing military operations carried out by the Syrian government and its Russian allies gave little cause for optimism. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we know You are greater and mightier than any man or nation. We pray for Your will to be done, and peace talks with Syria to go according to Your plan. We trust in Your timing, for You are never late! We pray for protection for all the innocent people who are living in the wake of violence every day. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
6. Ex-Mubarak minister named new Arab League chief - Times of Israel
CAIRO - Veteran Egyptian diplomat Ahmed Aboul Gheit was named Thursday as the new secretary general of the Cairo-based Arab League, the 22-member bloc announced in a statement.
Aboul Gheit, a former ambassador to the United Nations and Egypt's last foreign minister under ousted president Hosni Mubarak, won the backing of League members despite a last-minute objection from Qatar. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the new secretary general Ahmed Aboul Gheit. We pray that he be a true friend to Israel. We pray that he is a loyal, trustworthy, and honest man in all his dealings. We ask that You bless him and that everything he puts his hands to will bring Glory to Your name, YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We pray for revelation to him of Your truth and that he may come to salvation through Yeshua. We ask this in Your Holy Name, Yeshua Hamashiach, amen.
7. intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Bulletin
To read this bulletin, please go here.
8. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Bulletin
To read this bulletin, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Ex-Republican presidential candidate Carson backs Trump - (Reuters)
Former rival Ben Carson backed Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Friday, becoming the second former presidential candidate to support the billionaire businessman in the race for the White House.
"Our country is at a crossroads and in the midst of a moral crisis. We must be careful not to continue our current path, which is littered with uncertainty at best and ruination at worst. We can make changes to our system and that change starts now with, "We the People." We can have disagreements, but it is critical that we not allow those disagreements to divide us as a party or as a country.
It is with that in mind that I endorse Donald Trump for President. I have known Do...nald for many years. He is a successful businessman who has built a recognizable global brand that no one can question. His experience as a businessman is exactly what we need to move our economic engine in the right direction and empower those who have been left out of the American dream for far too long.With our support, I am sure that we can help restore America's values and faith.
I know there will be some who want to underscore our differences and others will wish to return to statements he has made about me in the past, but that is politics. As a man of faith, all is forgiven and we have moved beyond the past, as the future is now.
Join me in supporting and rallying around the only candidate the GOP has that can defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016 and return America to that shining city on a hill." (Read more)
- Father, many of us are surprised at this news, and ask that it be run through a "sieve" by the Holy Spirit, separating the good and enlarging upon it. Our times are in Your hands, O Lord, and we ask for Your wisdom and mind considering this candidate and all the others. Show us how we should vote. We ask for a man/woman after Your own heart, like David was. We long for righteousness in our nation, and revival to sweep the land. We humble ourselves before You, and submit to You alone. Give us wisdom, Lord, and Your mind concerning the choices before us. In Your Name we pray, for Your glory, and for the good of our nation. Amen.
- "Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34)
2. Syrian Opposition Ready to Join Russia, Damascus in Fight Against Terrorism - Sputnik International
A range of representatives from the armed Syrian opposition is ready to join efforts with the Russian Aerospace Forces and Damascus government troops in the fight against Daesh and al-Nusra Front, which are both prohibited in a number of countries including Russia and the United States, Russian UN Envoy in Geneva Alexei Borodavkin said. (Read more)
- Abba, as the battles all across the Middle-East heat up, we ask for Your hand to guide in the assembling of the forces amassing to fight evil and restore calm. We pray for the protection of Israel from all that wish it harm. You are the great Commander-in-Chief, and we ask that Your wisdom be given to those who wish to restore peace in this area of the world. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give all of you into our hands." (I Samuel 17:47)
3. North Korean Leader Kim orders more nuclear tests: KCNA - Reuters
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un watched a ballistic missile launch test and ordered the country to improve its nuclear attack capability by conducting more tests, the official KCNA news agency reported on Friday. (Read more)
- Lord, we are troubled to read of this leader's paranoia and twisted thinking regarding the rest of the "free world". He seems to think everyone is plotting against him, and his desire is to destroy them all. We pray that You give him a sound mind, and woo him to Yourself. Help him to see that You alone are the only God to be worshipped, and Your desire is for him to be whole, and wholly Yours. Reveal Yourself to Him, we pray, and stop him in his tracks. We ask this in Your Name, Amen.
- "When pride comes, then come dishonor and shame, but with the humble there is wisdom and soundness of mind." (Proverbs 11:2)
4. Can the UN legally impose a solution on Israel? - Arutz Sheva
A movement is afoot to get the UN to predetermine borders between Israel and the future 23rd Arab state and to recognize "East Jerusalem" as its capital. Such predetermination would be in violation of the Roadmap which calls for a negotiated solution where "negotiated" implies freedom to say "no". (Read more)
- Lord God of Israel, we call upon You to stop this movement against Your Land of Israel, and Your people. We remember Your Word tells us that all who trouble themselves with Jerusalem will be crushed. We ask, Father, that You would visit those nations at the UN and reveal to them, that there is a greater authority than them. Put a holy fear of You in them, and may they step back, and carefully consider their next move. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "But Yeshua looked searchingly at them and said, 'The very Rock which the builders rejected has become the Cornerstone'? Whoever falls on that Stone will be broken in pieces; but if it falls on him, he will be crushed to powder!'" (Luke 20:17-18)
5. UN Official: Blasphemy Laws Must Be Repealed - Voice of America
The special U.N. investigator on freedom of religion or belief is calling for the universal repeal of blasphemy laws, saying they restrict freedom of expression and promote hatred of and intolerance toward minority religions.
In a report submitted Thursday to the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva, Heiner Bielefeldt said freedom of religion and freedom of expression are mutually reinforcing, allowing both rights to flourish, but that blasphemy laws cast a pall over these basic rights. He said religious minorities suffer most from the chilling effects the laws create. (Read more)
- Abba, we do come against blasphemy against You and Your people. We ask that You would be present during these discussions, and may they vote according to Your Word, and Your will, we pray, Amen.
- "But now rid yourselves of all these things: anger, rage, malice, slander and obscene language from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, for you have stripped off the old self with its evil practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed in true knowledge in the image of your Creator." (Colossians 3:7-10)
6. Report: Abbas rejects US peace initiative - YnetNews
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas rejected a peace initiative presented by US Vice President Joe Biden during their meeting in Ramallah on Wednesday, according to Palestinian newspaper Al-Quds.
According to Al-Quds, the US initiative included four main clauses: East Jerusalem as a Palestinian capital, an end to settlement building in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, Palestinian recognition of Israel as a Jewish state, and Palestinians' forfeiting the right of return.
Biden proposed the peace initiative at a time when the White House is reviewing its options to revive negotiations and present an alternative to a French proposal for an international peace conference, according to The Wall Street Journal. The main option considered by the US administration is support for a UN Security Council (UNSC) resolution calling on both sides to reach a compromise on outstanding issues. The US has previously vetoed other similar UNSC resolutions. (Read more)
- Lord, we know that the palestinians have repeatedly said they will never acknowledge Israel's right to exist as a state, nor would they ever forfeit their "right of return" to the Land. Therefore, we know that peace will never come to that region, until You, the Prince of Peace, returns and sets up Your Kingdom. All the resolutions, "peace initiatives", etc. are of no value. This is a conflict as old as Isaac and Ishmael. Only You can bring peace. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and the whole Land, and Your people, Israel. Bless them and protect them, we pray, and return to them triumphantly, we pray, Amen.
- "Jerusalem will be to Me a name of joy, praise and glory before all the nations of the earth which will hear of all that good that I do for it, and they shall fear and tremble because of all the good and all the peace (prosperity, security, stability) that I provide for it." (Jeremiah 33:9)
7. Iraqi Newspaper: We Need a Hitler to Stop the Jews From Taking Over - Breitbart
TEL AVIV - The Iraqi daily Al-Zaman published an article Sunday titled, "Iraq Needs Hitler," claiming that the country must heed the German Fuhrer's warnings about Jews in order to prevent the remaining Iraqi Jews from carrying out their plan to take over the country.
The author, Karim Al-Taee, quoted Hitler's statements about Jews from his book Mein Kampf, and asserted that they were pertinent to Jews living in Iraq today. "When I read Adolf Hitler's book Mein Kampf, I discovered that the situation from which Germany suffered is identical to that which has beset Iraq ever since 2003," the article begins. Al-Taee goes on to state that the Jews living in northern Iraq have a secret plan for a Jewish-Western takeover of all the country's resources that began by bringing the Islamic State to Iraq. (Read more)
- Lord, we rebuke this Anti-Semitic spirit that is causing the Iraqis to think in this manner concerning Iraqi-Jews. We also come against a spirit of anger and murder that accompanies that anti-semitic spirit. We pray that You would protect and defend Your people, the Jews, no matter what nation they are in. Give them wisdom, and discretion in their moves. We pray that the light of Your truth would expose the darkness and drive out those demons who wish to destroy them. For those who wish to make aliyah to Israel, we ask that You enable them to do so. We find it interesting that as we think of Purim at this time of year, it was also Iraq coming against Mordecai and Esther in their effort to destroy Your people. But You turned the tables on them, and so we also come against that Haman spirit and pray confusion upon them, and defeat. Thank You that You Bless and protect Your own precious people. Amen.
- "Let God arise, Let His enemies be scattered; Let those also who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; As wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But, let the righteous be glad; Let them rejoice before God; Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly." (Psalm 68:1-3)
8. 'Netanyahu nixed meeting with Obama because of defense package hold-up' - Jerusalem Post
A hold-up over a new US defense package for Israel was behind Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's decision to forgo a meeting with President Barack Obama in Washington this month, a senior Israeli official said on Thursday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely's remarks contrasted with a statement by Netanyahu that cited his reluctance to risk being drawn into the US presidential campaign as the reason for declining a White House offer to host him on March 18.
Current US military grants to Israel, worth about $3 billion annually, expire in 2018.
Israel, which last year requested $5 billion in future annual aid but whose officials have since set their sights on $4 billion to $4.5 billion, says it needs to expand its military, rather than just upgrade technologies, given spiraling arms procurement it anticipates by arch-foe Iran and Arab states. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the continued, steadfast, and unwavering wisdom that P.M. Netanyahu demonstrates for the well being of all Israelis. Abba, we ask that You would guide us to vote for a president in November who will demonstrate the same wisdom and heart for our people, too. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord." (Isaiah 11:2)
9. Biden said to warn Netanyahu defense aid will be less than the $5 billion asked for - Times of Israel
S Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday reportedly warned Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that Washington's yet-to-be signed defense aid package to Israel will be less than what Jerusalem seeks, but offered reassurances the amount would reflect the security needs of the country.
During Biden's meeting with Netanyahu, described by an Israeli official as"friendly, cordial and warm," the vice president urged the prime minister to accept the offer, assuring him the agreement could always be amended at a later date.
"In the past we've known how to make adjustments to agreements after they've been signed," he said according to a report in Channel 10, citing senior Israeli officials. (Read more)
- Father, we repent for this action on the part of our government. Scripture is clear that our yes must be yes, and our no, no. We stand in the gap for America, and we ask forgiveness for the administration for this wicked action, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil." (Matthew 5:37)
The Daily Jot
Friday, March 11, 2016
The importance of water -- please read to the end
. . . Jesus said in John 7:37-38," If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." Jesus is the Living Water. We are going to provide both potable and Living Water to those who seek it in the rural areas of Ghana. It is important that we do not lose momentum. The filtration system and the inspection are critical to this operation's success. This is where you could help if you are so led by the Lord. Your gift will actually make the difference of a child, a family, having clean water. In reality, hundreds of children having clean water. We are in the final phases of our first well system and you can help us put the finishing touches on it.
If you are so led by the Lord to partner with us in this project, you can donate securely online at: The Daily Jot Secure Online Gift
Or you can send your tax exempt gift to:
The Daily Jot
5257 Buckeystown Pike #314
Frederick, Md. 21704
Thank you so much for your consideration. We know that Jesus is our Living Water. Thanks to your efforts, thousands more will know it through this ministry in West Africa as this well is finished and more are developed.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
To read all of today's Jot, please go here.
Prayer Targets from FRC
Prayer Targets from FRC
Submitted by Rev. Pierre Bynum,
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
Go to this link to read this excellent posting. Perhaps during this weekend, you can lift up prayers with Rev. Bynum and all at FRC on these topics:
Able Men; SCOTUS Blocks, States Push for Life; DOJ's Religious Bias; Liberty in MO
This link also includes great information about several upcoming national events, including the National Day of Prayer and UnitedCryDC.
Thank you, FRC!
The Full Armor of God
The Full Armor of God
As a volunteer for the past five years on this repentance project, I've taken on the pattern of repenting every day. It has broken down lots of my pride, apathy and wordliness. Based on the joy and freedom I have experienced, I pray that I will continue to repent daily until our Lord returns or I go home to be with Him. Thanks to the Holy Spirit, I'm blessed continually as I begin to get an inkling of the privilege and the value of daily repentance in an obvious time of increased spiritual warfare.
In the upcoming days ahead, we will be challenged like no other time in history. I believe that we have the honor of being the "Final Century Church." As such, we will need to pray earnestly for spiritual strength. The Blood of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit enables us to be set apart from the world for the purpose of obedience and holy living in our personal lives and in our nations.
However, for far too long, we have been sold a pabulum, lukewarm "faith" that elevated personal success, comfort and happiness over strong spirituality. As such, we have failed to be effective in transforming the culture around us. Instead of the Great Commission, there has been a glaring omission of failing to call people to Repentance. Many churches have mixed their faith with the pagan evil that surrounds us. This is done in the name of a false "love" and "tolerance" of evil while living self-centered lives.
We don't have the "luxury" anymore of remaining on the sidelines. We have sailed this luxury liner of democracy into oblivion. Unless there is immediate repentance to turn from our wicked ways, starting with you and me, the Lord will understandably increasingly impose His Judgments on this nation to awaken His sleeping Bride. If we continue to resist His call to repent in every nation, we will be plunged into icy waters globally.
Similar to physical exercise, the spiritual exercise of repentance prepares our hearts, souls and mind for the strength it takes to endure persecution and tribulation. The Good News is that the Holy Spirit of the Risen Christ is waiting to assist us this very minute if we repent.
You and I know the key tools of Ephesians 6:12 to battle the Enemy using the whole armor of God: we are to gird ourselves with Truth, put on the breastplate of righteousness, walk with the gospel of peace, lift up the shield of faith to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one, place on the helmet of salvation and wield the Sword of the Spirit (God's Holy Word), praying always will all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.
But these key spiritual weapons require a clean heart in order to be effective. (Job 16:17; James 5:16). Along with fasting and prayer, repentance is the very best way to cleanse our hearts and seek His Holiness (1 Peter 1: 14-16).
For this reason, the Risen Christ implores us to be ZEALOUS TO REPENT (Revelation 3:19). He now knocks on the door of our minds and hearts to assist in this repentance process (Revelation 3:20), so that we will be overcomers and sit with Him on His Throne! (Revelation 3:21).
Thus, I feel led to share with you a "spiritual checklist" of what I have taped to my bathroom mirror. God willing, I will PRAY IT EVERY DAY UNTIL JESUS RETURNS. Add to your prayer time at least five minutes a day with the Lord for Him to direct you where to begin repenting. With His coaching, exercise your free will to obey Him, turn around 180 degrees and begin walking within His purity. You will be blessed. The whole Body of Christ is blessed when any one of us repents from our old sinful ways as our prayers become powerful and effective.
(To view this checklist, and the rest of this article, please go here.)
End with: "LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL, FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM AND THE POWER AND THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER. ~ AMEN
FINAL WORDS IN THE BIBLE:
"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." (Revelation 22:20-21)
God Bless You!,
Pastor Jeff Daly
National Day of Repentance
Abide with Me . . .
Abide in Me . . .
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
Saturday, March 12, 2016
Join us tomorrow night as we abide together in His presence.
Conference number: 605-562-3140 Access Code: 290787# Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
The Persecuted Church
Iraqi President: "Christians Are The 'Original' Members of Our Nation"
Cairo (Agenzia Fides) - Christians are "original members" of Iraq, as evidenced by the ancient monasteries scattered throughout the country. And jihadi groups, such as Daesh, have raged not only against them but also against Muslim populations, as evidenced by Muslim victims - even Sunni - and the Islamic Caliphate mosques destroyed in Mosul. This is how Iraqi President Fouad Masum, of ethnic Kurd, called the current plight of Christians in Iraq, threatened by sectarian rifts and engaged in conflict with the self-styled Islamic State that have settled in Mosul since June 2014.
The statements of the Iraqi President were expressed in Egypt, during the meeting between Masum and Coptic Orthodox Patriarch Tawadros II. The President of Iraq also claimed responsibility for the active role played by governmental institutions in the defense of Christians and other national components from violence by extremist groups, denying any kind of discrimination on a sectarian basis within public bodies.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
JESUS PAID IT ALL
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow." (Isaiah 1:18)
I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all."
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
For nothing good have I Whereby Thy grace to claim, I'll wash my garments white In the blood of Calv'ry's Lamb.
And now complete in Him My robe His righteousness, Close sheltered 'neath His side, I am divinely blest.
Lord, now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone, Can change the leper's spots And melt the heart of stone.
When from my dying bed My ransomed soul shall rise, "Jesus died my soul to save," Shall rend the vaulted skies.
And when before the throne I stand in Him complete, I'll lay my trophies down All down at Jesus' feet.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Elvina M. Hall, 1865
Music: John T. Grape
About the Hymn:
There is quite a bit of news about the story behind this hymn. Please go here to see the rest!
Signs and Wonders
Geomagnetic Storm Hits Earth
Earlier today, March 11th, the outskirts of a CME previously expected to miss Earth instead hit. The impact sparked a G2-class geomagnetc storm (ongoing) and bright auroras around the Arctic Circle. Tour guide Marketa S. Murray photographed the display just before sunrise near Fairbanks, Alaska.
"We didn't expect to see much last night," says Murray. "Instead, it was an amazing night--all the colors you can imagine! Our guests were very happy."
This is a good time of year for auroras. For reasons that are only partially understood, geomagnetic storms favor the weeks around equinoxes; even a gentle gust of solar wind or, in this case, the sideswipe of an off-course CME can spark a good display. More lights are possible tonight as Earth moves deeper into the CME's flank. Stay tuned. (Spaceweather.com)
To view videos and more details, please go here.
According to this site, hosted by NOAA, a geomagnetic storm may affect our power grids. Please be in prayer today asking our Lord to protect these grids. Thank you.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Despite Government Crackdown, House Churches in Iran are Actually Multiplying!
(Iran)-[CBN News] Christianity is spreading swiftly inside Iran despite a government crackdown against house churches.
Some Christians argue the actions of the Islamic Republic's have actually created an opposite effect.
A London-based organization that trains Iranian Christians reports hundreds of thousands of new Christians-former Muslims-are worshipping secretly in a rapidly accelerating house church movement inside the Islamic Republic.
According to The Christian Post, a source affiliated with the Pars Theological Centre said the rapid church growth will eventually change Iranian society.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Kari Jobe - "Healer"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
1. Family Research Council Voter Guides (General reference)
FRC has developed non-partisan voter guides for federal races in certain states, which appear in red. Click on any state to see voting information and a link to the family policy council.
To view these voter guides in all 50 states, go here.
2. 2016 Presidential Candidate Voter Guide - Family Research Council
Equip yourself with the facts before you vote. See where the candidates stand on the important issues affecting faith, family, and freedom. Click on the image below to view the full Voter Guide.
3. Intercessors for America: "How to Pray for the Election and Nation More Effectively"
Election Process is now in full swing -- time to get out the prayer!
For resources offered by IFA, please go here.
4. Wallbuilders: Christian Voter Guide.com
Lots of resources here! Go here to explore this site.
5. National Day of Prayer: Election Prayer Guide
This is an excellent guide to intercession for our state and national elections this year. NDP's prayer guide includes insights from Dave Butts, Chairman, National Prayer Committee.
To read this prayer guide, please go here.
6. Wall Street Journal: Election 2016 Calendar
Key dates in the presidential election, including debates, primaries, caucuses and other important events. Filter by a date range or category. Go here.