CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
" . . . mourn with those who mourn . . ." (Romans 12:15)
Brussels Under Attack
Brussels Under Attack
> > > With the rapidly unfolding events taking place today in Brussels,and with all transportation hubs worldwide on the highest level of alert, we simply ask you to please pray in the Spirit over all headlines below and those that will continue to appear today. Thank you.
1. Brussels explosions: 34 killed and hundreds wounded in two attacks as terrorists 'remain at large' - Telegraph UK
At least 34 people have been killed and 187 injured after coordinated bomb attacks on the main airport and the Metro system brought terror to Brussels today.
The attacks, condemned as "blind, violent and cowardly" by Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel, came after the arrest in the city last week of terror mastermind Salah Abdeslam, who plotted November's Paris atrocity from the notorious Molenbeek suburb of Brussels.
Responding to the attacks, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said: "We are at war. In Europe we have been subjected to acts of war for several months."
Belgian foreign minister Didier Reynders warned: "We fear that people are still at large." (Read more)
2. Brussels explosions: What we know about airport and metro attacks - BBC
Twin blasts struck the departures area of Zaventem international airport, in the north-east of the city.
Another explosion hit the Maelbeek metro station in the city centre, close to several European Union institutions.
The attacks come four days after the capture in Brussels of Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the jihadist attacks in Paris on 13 November 2015. (Read more)
3. Major US airports, transit systems ramp up security after Brussels attacks - Fox News
Hours after deadly explosions ripped through the Brussels airport and a subway station in the city on Tuesday, officials in New York City, Los Angeles and Washington announced they were ramping up security at airports and transit systems. (Read more)
4. 34 Dead in Terror Attacks in Brussels Today: 20 at the Airport; 14 in the Subway - CNN
(Headline has updated information)
Three explosions that ripped through the Belgian capital of Brussels on Tuesday killed at least 26 people and wounded 130 more, according to Belgian media, and raised the reality of terror once again in the heart of Europe.
"We were fearing terrorist attacks, and that has now happened," Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel told reporters.
Belgian federal Prosecutor Frederic Van Leeuw said it was too soon to know exactly how many people died in the bombings. Yet the Brussels Metro Authority reported that 15 died and 55 were wounded in the subway station blast. And Belgian media report at least 11 more people were killed in the two blasts in the Brussels Airport departure hall.
Of the two explosions at the airport, at least one was a suicide bombing, Van Leeuw said. A blast happened there outside the security checkpoints for ticketed passengers and near the airline check-in counters, an airline official briefed on the situation said. (Read more)
5. Local Pastor and His Wife Miraculously Survive Attack - CHPP
We have received word that one of our beloved, local pastors, Pitts Evans and his wife, Mary, of the Whole Word Fellowship in Oakton, VA, have miraculously survived the attack at the Brussels Airport this morning. They were present at the airport, awaiting a flight to return to the States. We are praising God now for their safekeeping, and we ask you all to join us in prayer as they are no doubt ministering to countless others who are now suffering from both attacks . . . even as we write this bulletin for you. Thank You, God, amen!
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Ethiopians march in Jerusalem over aliya stoppage -Jerusalem Post
Activists protesting a recent government decision to restrict Ethiopian immigration marched on Sunday from the capital's International Convention Center to the Prime Minister's Office, where they held a protest.
At issue is the government's announcement earlier this month that it will limit the number of Ethiopians entering the country this year, despite previously committing to bring the thousands of Falash Mura remaining in transit camps in Gondar and Addis Ababa to the country as expeditiously as possible.
Around 1,500 citizens of Ethiopian origin protested during this week's cabinet meeting, decrying "racism" and "discrimination between Jews and Jews."
"Mr. Prime Minister, if your son wants to come to the state of Israel would you say you have no budget?" one protester asked on Army Radio, referring to the government position that there is currently not enough of a budget to allow the immigration of more than 500 people this year. (Read more)
2. Netanyahu: From Istanbul to Jerusalem, there is no justification for terrorism - Jerusalem Post
Those who do not condemn terrorism, support it, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday at the opening of the weekly cabinet meeting.
A day after the suicide bombing in Istanbul that killed four people, including three Israelis, Netanyahu said that terrorism "sows death and destruction throughout the world."
Israel, he said, is at the front of the struggle against terrorism, and that this struggle, while first and foremost a military one, is also a moral one.
"The key in the moral fight against terrorism is to make clear that terrorism - the killing of innocent people - has no justification anywhere, not in Istanbul, the Ivory Coast or Jerusalem," the prime minister said. "Those who do not condemn terrorism, support terrorism." (Read more)
3. Palestinian Prime Minister Simultaneously Denies, Defends Incitement to Violence Against Jews, Refuses to Condemn Stabbing Attacks - Algemeiner
In a television interview with Deutsche Welle (DW) on Wednesday, the Palestinian prime minister rejected questions about disunity and corruption within the Palestinian Authority, and insisted the PA is committed to "non-violent resistance" against Israel, while repeatedly refusing to condemn stabbing attacks against Israelis.
Interviewed in Ramallah by "Conflict Zone" host Tim Sebastian, Rami Hamdallah deflected each question about the PA by referring to Israel. Sebastian repeatedly said that when he interviews Israelis, he challenges them about their behavior; but he is now asking about the Palestinian side.
Hamdallah, a member of Paletsinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party, who is also the president of An-Najah National University in Nablus, succeeded Salam Fayyad as prime minister in June, 2013. When Hamas did not recognize his appointment, Hamdallah resigned two weeks later, only to be asked by Abbas to form a new government in September, by which time Hamas coolly accepted his role as the person who could best bring about reconciliation between the two warring factions. (Read more)
4. Courting Egypt, Hamas removes all signs of Muslim Brotherhood from Gaza - Jerusalem Post
In what appears to be an attempt to detach itself from its mother organization in Egypt, Hamas has removed all signs of the Muslim Brotherhood from the streets and mosques of Gaza.
The London-based Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat reported Monday that Hamas's Public Works Department began removing images of senior Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including the image of the movement's founder, Hassan al-Banna, and ousted Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi.
All the pictures and slogans related to the group have been taken down and removed from public view, including a major banner that hung in central Gaza over the past few years with the images of the current and previous emirs of Qatar, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and two of Hamas's senior leaders - Ismail Haniyeh and Khaled Mashaal - with the caption: "Jerusalem waits for the men." (Read more)
5. Hezbollah head warns Israel against war, threatens nuke sites - Times of Israel
Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah on Monday ruled out a war with Israel in the near future, but threatened the terror group would strike Israel's nuclear facilities if the Israel Defense Forces "escalates its aggression against Lebanon."
In an interview with al-Mayadeen TV, the leader of the Shiite terror group said Israel would not strike without US approval and said the Jewish state cares deeply about the human cost of war, a weakness that could be "exploited," he claimed.
"Hezbollah does not want to launch a war, but the resistance will employ all means to defend Lebanon in case of any Israeli aggression," Nasrallah said, according to a translation by the Hezbollah-run al-Manar TV. "If the Israeli army escalates its aggression against Lebanon, Hezbollah will strike all the strategic targets in the occupied Palestinian territories [Israel], including the nuclear facilities." (Read more)
6. Yemen's government, rebels agree to a ceasefire - Israel National News
Yemeni officials on Sunday said that Shiite Houthi rebels and the internationally recognized government have agreed to begin a ceasefire for a week or two before their next round of negotiations, The Associated Press (AP) reported.
The officials participated in talks Sunday in Sanaa, the capital, between the rebels and UN envoy Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed. They say talks are expected to restart next month.
The officials said the Houthis have agreed to implement a UN Security Council resolution which requires them to hand over weapons and withdraw from territory, including Sanaa.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief reporters. The fighting between the Yemeni government has been ongoing for over a year, and began after the Iran-backed rebels drove out Yemen's President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Dem says Russian subs 'dangerously close' to U.S. - Washington Examiner
Russian President Vladimir Putin is deploying nuclear-armed submarines "dangerously close" to the United States and European allies, a Senate Democrat said following a trip to the Arctic Circle.
"No one is suggesting that Putin is contemplating a nuclear launch against a NATO country, but it's not clear how tethered to reality Putin is," Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy told reporters Monday. "And it should make us nervous that many of his submarines are starting to get dangerously close to the U.S. and our allies."
Murphy made the comments while arguing that the Navy needs to pursue an aggressive plan to replace aging American submarines, which can thwart rival countries from gathering intelligence and maintain the security of global shipping lanes. (Read more)
- Father, we ask for Your angelic protection to rest upon Your people in our nation today, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "He will give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:10)
2. London on standby for multiple terror strikes - The Telegraph UK
POLICE and special forces troops have been told to prepare for up to 10 simultaneous terror attacks on the streets of London. A minister familiar with the proposals said: "We used to plan for three simultaneous attacks but Paris has shown that you need to be ready for more than that. We are ready if someone tries with seven, eight, nine, ten." (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for the watchfulness and wisdom of these civil servants. Bless them with insight as never before with divine intelligence as to how to proceed against terrorists who wish to spread fear and destruction in their country. Bless other countries with the wisdom to deal with hostile members of immigrant groups and pagan religions. May our own leaders have Your wisdom in this same matter. Thank You, Precious Lord.
- "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." (Psalms 18:30)
3. Violence in Israel puts a damper on Easter tourism season - WUSA9
Nearly six months of non-stop Palestinian attacks are dampening prospects for an Easter tourism season that normally provides this historic region a big economic boost. (Read more)
- Father God, as above, we do ask for Your Hand of protection to rest upon all who are touring Israel in this time of Your Resurrection. In Your name, amen.
- Psalm 91
4. Some of the last Jews of Yemen brought to Israel in secret mission - Jerusalem Post
Some of the last Jews living in Yemen were brought to Israel in a secret mission in recent days, the Jewish Agency announced. Clandestine activity of the Jewish Agency culminated in the aliya of the 19 Jews, fourteen from the town of Raydah and a family of five from the capital Sanaa. According to Channel 2, the US State Department was involved in the mission and helped coordinate the complex transfer of the Jews after the group faced persecution on its way to Israel.
Among the new immigrants was Rabbi Saliman Dahari who arrived with his parents and his wife and met his children upon arrival at the absorption center in Israel. The rabbi brought with him a torah scroll that is 500-600-years-old. (Read more)
- Hallelujah, Father, for this GOOD REPORT today! We praise You, too, that our own government helped to expedite this project. May many others make aliyah back to their homeland in this hour. We ask for a smooth transition now for these Yemeni Jews as they settle into their new surroundings, in Your name, amen.
- "I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth." (Isaiah 43:6)
5. 22,000 Jews Will Recreate Biblical Esther's Fast for Modern-Day Salvation - Breaking Israel News
During this time of turmoil in the Jewish State, a grassroots Israeli group has organized a three-day fast leading up to the holiday of Purim, mirroring that of Queen Esther in the Biblical story. Thus far, over 22,000 people have agreed to participate in the fast, which they hope will overturn the continuous threats to Israel's existence. (Read more)
- Lord God, here is another reason to REJOICE in Your goodness in the land of Israel. May all who participate in this three-day time of fasting be blessed by Your Hand for doing so, in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish." (Esther 4:16)
6. Biden at AIPAC Says Jews, Arabs Have No Desire for Peace - JewishPress.com
At AIPAC US Vice Pres. Joe Biden blamed both Israel and the Palestinian Authority for lack of peace. "The current prospects for peace are not heartening. . . There is no political will among Israelis or Palestinians to move forward at this moment with serious negotiations, and that's incredibly disappointing. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we ask for Your revelation to come upon Vice President Biden to reveal to him the error of his statements. Reveal to him and those who believe like him the truth of the struggle between Israel and the factions in Israel that are claiming Israeli land. Forgive him for encouraging those who seek sanctions, divestment, and embargos of Israeli goods. We speak blessings and prosperity over Israel as the only democratic republic in the Middle East and as a friend of the United States. Amen.
- "The Lord has been mindful of us; He will bless us; He will bless the house of Israel; He will bless the house of Aaron." (Psalms 115:12)
7. Michigan Catholic dioceses modify employee benefits to include same-sex partners - LifeSiteNews.com
Catholic organizations in Michigan at every level will be extending their health plans to any adult who co-habits with an employee, whether a sibling, uncle, mother, best friend or same-sex partner. Critics say the move means sacrificing Church teachings to appease "radical progressive" forces in American society. (Read more)
- Father, forgive this Catholic group for seeming to flow with the spirit of the age instead of with sound Biblical doctrine. We pray for all other Christian organizations who will be faced with this kind of decision to stand firm in their beliefs against the pressure of current popular legal and social thinking. Dear Lord, bless those who have already stood firm for Your definition of marriage and let it be a sign to unbelievers and those weak in their faith in You. Please give Your people great discernment in this day and age. Amen.
- "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1)
8. Will Hillary get charged, or what? - Washington Times
FBI chief James Comey and his investigators are increasingly certain presidential nominee Hillary Clinton violated laws in handling classified government information through her private e-mail server, career agents say. (Read more)
- We put this situation in Your hands, Oh, Lord! We ask that You take care of this matter in Your own special way so that our government secrets are not revealed to our enemies. We pray that You would make sure that our government officials know that they are not above the law or entitled to break the law with impunity. We ask that You would arrange for situations to speak to Secretary Clinton's heart to call on You for forgiveness, and salvation if needed. Thank You, Father, for doing what man has not been able to do. Amen.
- "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalms 51:10)
9. Franklin Graham: Vote for the 'Least Heathen' Candidate - PJ Media
The Reverend Franklin Graham urged his fellow Christians to vote in November, even if they have to choose between two "heathen" candidates. Son of the Reverend Billy Graham and president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Graham has taken on much of his father's mantle in the evangelical community. (Read more)
- Lord, give us Your guidance, every step of the way, as we now make these difficult decisions in this election year. We pray this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." (James 1:5)
The Persecuted Church
Wycliffe Bible Translators Attacked and Killed by Islamic Extremists
Militants killed four workers from Wycliffe Associates in the Middle East this week, the Bible translating ministry reports.
The ministry said that terrorists raided the translator's office and shot and killed two of the translators. Two other workers saved the lead translator by laying on top of him, but they died deflecting bludgeoning blows from the attackers' weapons.
The militants also destroyed all of the equipment in the office and burned all the books and other translation materials in sight.
But Wycliffe Associates are praising God that the computer hard drives containing the translation work for eight language projects was not destroyed. (CBN) Read more.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
"Be strong, and of good courage." (1 Chronicles 22:13)
We are not here to play, to dream, to drift;
We have hard work to do and loads to lift;
Shun not the struggle, face it, 'tis God's gift.
Be strong, be strong, be strong!
Say not the days are evil-who's to blame?
And fold the hands and acquiesce-O shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God's Name.
Be strong, be strong, be strong!
It matters not how deep entrenched the wrong,
How hard the battle goes, the day, how long;
Faint not, fight on! Tomorrow comes the song.
Be strong, be strong, be strong!
About the Author:
Words: Maltbie D. Babcock,
Music: Carl F. Price, 1921
Signs and Wonders
Equinox Solar Wind
A large hole has formed in the atmosphere above the sun's north pole, and it is spewing solar wind into space. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory is monitoring the opening, colored deep-blue in the extreme ultraviolet image taken on March 21st.
This type of atmospheric hole is called a "coronal hole." Coronal holes are places where the sun's magnetic field opens up and allows solar wind to escape. In the image above, the flow of solar wind plasma is traced by white arrows.
A stream of solar wind flowing from this coronal hole will likely reach Earth on March 22-23. Because of the hole's northern latitude on the sun, the emerging stream might not hit Earth directly. Instead, it could sail mostly north of our planet and only deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field.
Good news for sky watchers: At this time of year, a glancing blow can be enough to spark bright auroras. For reasons that are only partially understood, the weeks around equinoxes favor geomagnetic storms. Even a gentle gust of solar wind can produce a magnificent display. (SpaceWeather.com)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Deliverances from Alcohol, Drugs and Suicidal Thinking Happening
at Texas Prayer Garden and 77-Foot Cross
On a summit overlooking Kerrville in the beautiful hill country of west Texas, a 77 foot cross towers over the landscape. Max Greiner shares, "The empty cross is the main sculpture, contemporary sculpture made of CorTen steel. It's 77 feet tall and it weighs approximately 70 tons.
At the foot of the cross, lies the "Coming King Sculpture Prayer Garden." It's a collection of donated art and sculptures depicting Jesus' life. Artist and sculptor Max Greiner is the founder and president of the foundation. (CBN) Read more
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
THE LORD'S PRAYER
Amen . . .
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
1. Intercessors for America: Get out the Prayer!
Our country continues to reach significant moments where our culture and values are redefined. This fall's national election offers another defining moment. It is critical that the Church pray. We are not praying for specific candidates or parties to be in power, but rather, we are praying God's will be done. Join with thousands who are interceding for spiritual awakening and godly leaders in communities, cities, states, and the nation.
Get Out The Prayer 2016 (GOTP 2016) is calling for community volunteer leaders. Our goal is to raise up leaders who can gather people from different churches and neighborhoods to facilitate deliberate and effective prayer for our nation and the upcoming 2016 elections.
To learn more about how you can be involved in this very well organized, grassroots initiative, please go here.
2. PrayForElections.Com: A Weekly Nationwide Election Conference Prayer Call
Join ministry leaders and Christian organizations from across the nation who will host one Tuesday Night Election Prayer Call every Tuesday evening until the General Election on November 8th, 2016. We pray for the Presidential candidates and other offices in the House and Senate. We pray for the election process, integrity in counting ballots, eliminating fraudulent ballots, and for those with our Christian values to win by landslides throughout the country.
PrayForElections.com is hosted by The Salt & Light Council (SLC). SLC trains and equips churches nationwide to preserve our culture through Biblical Citizenship. Affiliate Church Leaders appointed by their pastors learn to mobilize congregations to take action as responsible Christian citizens through the PETER formula (Pray. Educate. Take action. Elections. Restoration)
Conference Number: 712-432-1699.
8pm ET / 7pm CT/ 6pm MT / 5pm PT
(30 minutes each week)
3. Confusion on the Ohio Primary Ballot
This is a YouTube video, forwarded to us by Intercessors for America and posted on their Facebook. Please stand against all voter fraud. [Ohioans vote tomorrow: Tuesday, March 15.]
4. Addressing Voter Fraud
There are several excellent sources to help you track and pray over potential voter fraud:
a. iVoters is located on YouTube here.
c. BLACK BOX VOTING - Visit this website by going here.
d. PROJECT VERITAS - Visit this website by going here.