May 7th: Washington: A Man of Prayer
Join the program to honor this day from
inside the Capitol via livestreaming.
See more here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love." (I Corinthians 16: 13,14)
Join PrayerSurgeNow in an ICU conference call -- "Intercession for the Crisis in Ukraine" -- this Thursday beginning at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
Conference number: 712-432-0075
Access Code: 6149782#
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Kerry to meet with Russian counterpart in bid to calm crisis ahead of Crimea vote - Fox News
With the United States and its top allies presenting a united front against a looming referendum in Crimea on whether to join Russia, Secretary of State John Kerry announced plans to travel to London to again meet with Russia's foreign minister in the hopes of calming the Ukraine crisis ahead of that vote.
"Nothing justifies a military intervention that the world has witnessed," Kerry told a House panel on Wednesday morning. He said he would travel Thursday evening to London in order to meet Friday with Russia's Sergei Lavrov, and present a series of "choices" for the Russian government. (Read more)
- We continue to pray for divine intervention in this region of the world. Our Lord desires His people to live in peace, so the ongoing threats and actions of military intervention in Crimea cannot be in His will. Pray for the protection of the Crimean and Ukrainian peoples; God has a plan. Call it forth!
- "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jer. 33:3)
2. Lerner accused of driving IRS targeting under pressure from 'voices on the left' - Fox News
Embattled former IRS official Lois Lerner was accused in a detailed Republican-authored report of being deeply involved in the targeting of Tea Party groups, and working "surreptitiously" to rein them in under pressure from "voices on the left."
Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, released the report as his committee weighs whether to hold Lerner in contempt for refusing to testify. The former head of the IRS Exempt Organizations division invoked the Fifth Amendment last week for the second time, refusing to answer questions before Issa's committee. (Read more)
- We ask that a spirit of humility be placed upon Lois Lerner and that she would yield to governing authorities, bringing forth the truth of her role in this travesty. We pray for the salvation of Lois Lerner, that she would come to the fulness of the knowledge of our Savior and be born again. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11)
3. Obamacare enrollment at 4M, but slowing - Washington Times
More than 4.2 million Americans had selected private health care plans from the Obamacare marketplace through the end of February, though the rate of sign-ups dropped last month and young people still aren't enrolling quickly enough, according to numbers the administration released Tuesday.
- Father God, Obamacare was turned to sawdust at the feet of Jesus when He destroyed it. There have been many attempts to rescue this law, but it is witnessed in heaven and on earth that Obamacare was destroyed by the Lord Jesus Christ. So says the Lord.
- "Therefore let all the world know assuredly, that God has made that same Jesus, whom you have crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2:36)
4. Religious Freedom Act stalled in US Senate - ICC
Legislation to help protect persecuted religious minorities in the Middle East has been stalled in the Senate, according to International Christian Concern.
- Lord God, we pray that the US Senate will vote to pass this legislation to help protect the most persecuted believers worldwide who believe in Jesus Christ. Save our Senate not to be among those who would allow persecution to the Christians by not voting in favor of protecting them. We pray in Jesus' Name.
- "He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the Lord has spoken it." (Isaiah 25:8)
5. North Koreans Face Execution for Contact with Missionary - Fox News
Thirty-three Koreans could be executed by the North's State Security Department Sunday for allegedly accepting funds to overthrow Kim Jong-un's regime, according to Chosun Media.
- Father, bring forth the actual truth of what is the issue with these 33 Koreans. Should this alleged story be a lie, we pray they will be set free on false charges. Save them from execution if they are innocent. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "May the groans of the prisoners come before you; with your strong arm preserve those condemned to die." (Psalm 79:11)
(Repeating prayers offered on Monday this week.)
6. U.S. Electric Grid 'Inherently Vulnerable' to Sabotage - Washington Free Beacon
Electric grid compounds across the country have faced an uptick in unauthorized intrusions by unknown individuals, causing concern that the U.S. grid is "inherently vulnerable" to widespread sabotage, according to a recent oversight report issued by New Jersey's Regional Operations Intelligence Center (ROIC), which monitors the threat level.
- Lord God, we seek Your face and ask that You will protect all of America from widespread sabotage to the U.S. Electric Grids all over our country. Save us from this diabolical intent by our enemies. Withstand them to their faces and back them down from accomplishing their wicked intentions. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? says the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? says the Lord." (Jeremiah 23:24)
7. Scientists call for radiation tests as Fukushima remnants approach coast - StatesmanJournal
Very low levels of radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster likely will reach ocean waters along the U.S. West Coast next month, scientists are reporting.
- Father God, prepare the hearts of all people on the U.S. west coast to call out to the Lord God of heaven for help and save their souls by accepting Jesus Christ as Savior of all mankind. By the Holy Spirit move upon everyone's heart with conviction of sin and cause them to bow their knees to a loving Jesus who is right there to save them. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "For the scripture says, Whosoever believes on Jesus shall not be ashamed." (Romans 10:11)
8. Iran's finger on trigger to destroy Israel, warns senior Revolutionary Guards commander - Ha'aretz
A senior member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards warned Tuesday that the Islamic Republic could destroy Israel and any spot under its control. He also reiterated Iran's assertion that it is not behind the arms shipment that the Israel Navy seized last week, allegedly en route to Gaza.
- Lord God in heaven, You see the intention of Iran to wipe Israel off the face of the earth; and it is not hidden from Your eyes that the arms shipment from Iran was, indeed, en route to Gaza to destroy that nation. The world recognizes the truth of this. Father, in Your timing speak into the ears of Netanyahu to take action against Iran before they do. You are the mighty God of Israel and will forever stand guard over them and protect them from destruction. We pray in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "But the land which you are entering to possess it is a land of hills and valleys, drinking water from the rain of the heavens; a land which YAHWEH your Elohim cares for; the eyes of YAHWEH your Elohim are always on it." (Deuteronomy 11:11-12)
9. Malaysia Airlines MH370: Confusion over plane last location - BBC
Search teams are scouring waters off both sides of the Malaysian peninsula, amid confusion over a missing Malaysia Airlines plane's last known location. Malaysia's air force chief has denied reports that the plane was tracked to the Malacca Strait in the west. (Read more)
- We continue to decree the decree:
- "For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open." (Mark 4:22)
10. Washington D.C. Braces for a Wind Storm Tonight - WTOP News
A WIND ADVISORY is in effect for the entire area from 6 pm this evening through 11 am tomorrow morning. Strong northwesterly winds will be developing and may gust at times to speeds close to 50 mph! Tornadoes are also possible.
The temperatures will also plummet from a high of 71 degrees today to a high of 29 degrees tomorrow.
- Pray for the safety of everyone who is in the path of this violent storm. Pray especially for the huge trucks on the road . . . may the drivers be given wisdom to pull of the highway if conditions are too dangerous to drive. Thank you for your prayers, amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor are there words; their voice is not heard." (Psalms 19:1-3)
1. Israeli-Palestinian talks shaping up over next prisoner release - Jerusalem Post
Israel and the Palestinians are keying up for a major battle over the coming two weeks regarding whether Israeli Arabs will be included in the next security prisoner release later this month.
2. Israel PM says no deal unless Palestinians recognise Jewish state - AFP
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday ruled out any deal with the Palestinians unless they recognise Israel as the Jewish state and give up their refugees' right of return.
3. Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu tells West: 'Drop your illusions about Iran' - UK Telegraph
Benjamin Netanyahu accused the West of failing to condemn Iran's involvement in an intercepted weapons shipment on Monday because it wanted to delude itself that the country's leaders had changed course.
4. Four killed in Gaza, apparently while making bomb - Ha'aretz
Four Palestinians were killed on Tuesday in a house explosion in the northern Gaza Strip village of Beit Hanoun, in what local officials have termed a work accident.
5. Hamas unveils rocket statue in Gaza City - AFP
Hamas unveiled a rocket-shaped statue Monday showcasing its capacity to strike arch-enemy Israel, as the Jewish state boasted its own haul of captured weapons it claims were bound for Gaza.
The Daily Jot
Lawlessness and climate change
The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reports that the White House has made yet another change to the socialist mandate on health care. This time it was hidden at the the bottom of a seven-page technical bulletin that a rule in a previous bulletin would be extended until 2016. According to WSJ, Health and Human Services (HHS) has created a "hardship" standard where "Now all you need to do is fill out a form attesting that your plan was cancelled and that you "believe that the plan options in the Marketplace in your area are more expensive than your cancelled heath insurance policy" or "you consider other available policies unaffordable." There is no burden of proof. Just say it and you're out.
There have been at least eight changes to this law by executive fiat. In other words, without any Congressional approval the occupant of the Oval Office has changed eight times a law passed by Congress that he signed. This, in of itself, is unconstitutional and unlawful. Imagine if you just didn't like certain laws and you decided not to follow them. When the authorities catch up with you and arrest you, your defense is that you just thought the law was in need of change, you didn't like it, or it wasn't fair. I can tell you for a fact that these same defenses the White House is using would not hold up for you in a court of law. You would end up with fines, jail time, or both.
The White House is selectively enforcing the law based on the very same arguments I just presented. Marriage between a man and a woman isn't fair to a certain group of people. The White House just doesn't like the law allowing offshore oil drilling. Immigration laws need to be changed. Terrorists are often allies we can fund because we are not "officially" at war with Islam. These are just four examples of excuses used to not enforce the law by the very office whose job it is to uphold the laws of the land. Moreover, Congress, which has the authority to remove from office such a usurper of the Constitution, hardly acknowledges these acts of malfeasance and treason.
By default, this makes law enforcement arbitrary and selective. It is prejudicial. When no law is enforced, any law can be enforced at any time. When this occurs, your freedom to speak your mind, to worship and practice your faith, to peacefully assemble, to protect yourself, to maintain your privacy and so on, is abridged and infringed. The absence of law in civil society equates to anarchy. And anarchy breeds hate. Jesus said in Matthew 24:12, "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." We understand sin and wrongdoing because of the law. When there is no law, iniquity abounds. The result is the love of many waxing cold. Now that is true man-made climate change.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Kudos To West Virginia
Kudos To West Virginia
Saturday West Virginia became the eleventh state to pass legislation banning late-term abortions based on research indicating that unborn babies can feel pain. The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act passed the state Senate 29-to-5 and passed the House of Delegates 85-to-15.
What stands out about these overwhelming votes is that Democrats control both chambers of the West Virginia legislature. As I noted yesterday, the Democrat Party platform embraces abortion on demand, including taxpayer funding of abortion. You will recall that Texas Democrat Wendy Davis rose to national fame for filibustering a similar bill last year.
Attention now turns to West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin (D). While Tomblin describes himself as pro-life, he reportedly has "concerns" about the bill. (Gary Bauer)
Focus on Iran
Iran Bent on Supporting Islamist Terror During Nuclear Talks
Iran is bound and determined to support Islamic terror, instigate violence in Syria's civil war, expand its cyber warfare capabilities and strengthen a nefarious relationship with Russia. All are grave issues that are occurring as Iran negotiates with the West over lifting sanctions in exchange for the Islamic Republic halting its nuclear weapons program.
I raised the issue of Iran's illicit activity in recent testimony before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs last week. The committee's hearing examined Iran's role as the world's leading state-sponsor of terror, and how the Islamist state will not end its global ambitions despite any assurances given to the West.
Just this week Israel displayed dozens of rockets, hundreds of thousands of bullets and nearly 200 mortar rounds from an intercepted Iranian shipment bound for terrorists in Gaza. The cache shows the "true face of Iran," officials say.
Israeli commandos seized control of the cargo ship as it carried dozens of medium range rockets between Syria and Iran.
The ship carried Syrian-made M-302 rockets with a range of up to 200 kilometers - or about 125 miles, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) say. They would have been capable of reaching nearly all of Israel had they reached Gaza. IDF says that the mortar rounds were made in Iran.
"Nobody has the right to ignore the true and murderous actions of the regime in Tehran," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said. "I think that it would be proper for the international community to refer to Iran's true policy, not its propaganda." (Steve Emerson, Investigative Project on Terrorism; March 11, 2014) Read more here.
A Special Prayer Request
A Special Prayer Request
[Editor's note: Sometimes our Lord gives us wonderful surprises, as we continue to pray for each other and for the needs of the nations. Tonight we received this message from a sister in Christ in Texas. Thank you for reading Nataliya's prayer request, and remembering her family in Kiev for protection and peace. Amen.]
"I am Nataliya, born in Kiev, Ukraine, from TX. My family is living in Kiev, Ukraine at this time and feeling very scared and unprotected. I am asking you to pray for the safety, peace and freedom in Ukraine! They (Ukrainians) deserve to start living the life they deserve , without enemies and Evils. Thanks in advance!"
- Dear Lord, we thank You for Nataliya's message, and we pray now for all the people of Ukraine, that they might indeed live the life they deserve. We thank You, God, that You are the Mighty One, and that You can, and will, hear this prayer. In Jesus' Mighty Name, amen and amen.
- "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." (Psalm 28:7)
Washington: A Man of Prayer
Washington: Man of Prayer
Wednesday, May 7th
Statuary Hall; United States Capitol Building
On May 7, 2014, members of Congress, Christian leaders, and people of faith in homes and churches across the nation will join together to honor Washington as a man of Christian faith. Together, we will offer prayers on behalf of the nation, our President and his Cabinet, the Supreme Court and its Justices, and members of Congress.
This event celebrates 225 triumphant years of the American Experiment and the exceptional man who most embodied the dream of all men - the freedom to self-govern.
Washington - A Man of Prayer commemorates the events of April 30, 1789, when, after being sworn in at Federal Hall, President Washington, accompanied by Congress, proceeded to St. Paul's Chapel where, as one of his first official acts, the president offered a prayer of dedication to God on America's behalf. On that day, the world saw more than just the inauguration of the president of a new nation; it witnessed a watershed moment in history when the ideals penned in ink on parchment at Philadelphia's Continental Congress would preserve what sword and patriots' blood had inscribed on the field of battle.
Two years ago, with the help of my good friend Representative Louie Gohmert, I presented the idea of this commemoration to Speaker of the House John Boehner. For the third consecutive year, Speaker Boehner has granted us use of prestigious Statuary Hall, formerly the Old House Chamber, which was the location of weekly Christian church services from 1800 to 1869. It was actually the largest church on the east coast. Legislation allowing that use was signed into law by President Thomas Jefferson who attended there as did President Adams after him. These past two years, God has allowed us to do something that has not occurred in the Capitol's Statuary Hall in over 100 years - a Christian led prayer event!
Each year the Washington - A Man of Prayer event has grown in attendance of both Democrat and Republican members of Congress. In 2013, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was our keynote speaker. Christian authors and leaders Eric Metaxas, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, Dr. Jim Garlow and Tony Perkins were also among our presenters. Members of Congress attending included our host Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA), Rep. Doug LaMalfa (R-CA), Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO), Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC), Rep. Robert Pittenger (R- NC), Rep. James Lankford (R-OK) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX).
This year, on May 7, 2014, with Representative Michele Bachmann as our congressional host and former Governor Mike Huckabee as our emcee, Washington - A Man of Prayer will be available via Daystar Television Network and webcast to homes and churches all across America for the first time. I believe the impact of this event could be a spiritual turning point for the nation as Americans witness members of Congress reaching out to God in penitent prayers from inside the nation's Capitol.
Pastor, Bridlewood Church
Originator, Washington A Man of Prayer
> > > Pastor Cummins is actively seeking other pastors to help host this event in your own churches on May 7th, all across America. To learn more about this event, or how to serve as a host, please go to their website here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Thirteen Captive Nuns Released in "rare prisoner exchange" with Syrian Rebels
"God did not leave us." -Mother Superior, Pelagia Sayaf
Masna, Lebanon)-When 13 Greek Orthodox nuns-along with three of their helpers-were seized by Syrian rebels, in Maaloula back in December, it confirmed the fears of many Christians there that they were being targeted during Syria's upheaval.
The nuns were taken from the Mar Takla convent when their mostly Christian village of Maaloula was overrun by rebel fighters whose members include the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front.
On Monday, the 13 nuns and their 3 helpers were released in what is being called a "rare prisoner exchange," in which about 150 female prisoners were released by Syrian officials at the same time.
The nuns were reportedly delivered to the Syrian town of Jdeidet Yabous, near the Lebanese border. Mother Superior Pelagia Sayaf, head of the Maaloula convent remarked, "We arrived late, and we arrived tired."
While the nuns said they were treated well, they did not "feel comfortable" wearing their crosses and crucifixes, according to the AP report. "God did not leave us," Sayaf said. "The (Nusra) Front was good to us . . . but we took off our crosses because we were in the wrong place to wear them." (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"You Are My Hiding Place"