IFA to host nationwide conference call
on Tuesday re: Hobby Lobby. See below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, March 24, 2014
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5,6)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. French satellite image also shows possible plane debris
French satellite images show "floating debris" in the southern Indian Ocean, Paris said on Sunday, which together with Chinese and Australian images of suspicious objects in the same wide area have focused the search for a missing Malaysian jetliner in remote seas off Australia.
The new lead came as the international search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 entered its third week, with still no confirmed trace of the Boeing 777 that vanished with 239 people on board.
- Heavenly Father, this search is entering a third week with ever conflicting information being released. We lift up the families and loved ones of those who were on this plane whose lives have been so disrupted, asking for some resolution soon as to what has happened to their loved ones. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "I will lift up my eyes to the hills-from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)
2. NATO: Russia Has Huge Force at Ukraine's Border- Newsmax
NATO's top military commander said on Sunday that Russia had a large force on Ukraine's eastern border and said he was worried it could pose a threat to Moldova's separatist Transdniestria region.
- Heavenly Father, this article reflects that the threat from Russia near the Ukraine is extending to more countries and their freedom. Father, we ask You to abide in the midst of all of these actions, and to have mercy for these people who have received their freedom from oppression not that long ago. They desire mercy, Father, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18)
3. Islamic law is adopted by British legal chiefs - Telegraph Co. UK
Solicitors told how to draw up Sharia-style wills penalizing widows and non-believers.
Islamic law is to be effectively enshrined in the British legal system for the first time under guidelines for solicitors on drawing up "Sharia compliant" wills. Under ground-breaking guidance, produced by The Law Society, High Street solicitors will be able to write Islamic wills that deny women an equal share of inheritances and exclude unbelievers altogether.
- Father, protect us from adopting Sharia Law in our legal system. We pray that Britain will rise up against any part of Sharia Law in their legal system. Block this action in Jesus Name.
- But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. (Acts 5:29)
4. Obamacare brings big fees for drugs: 'Where's the affordable with this one?'
Breast cancer survivor Ginny Mason was thrilled to get health coverage under the Affordable Care Act despite her pre-existing condition. But when she realized her arthritis medication fell under a particularly costly tier of her plan, she was forced to switch to another brand.
Under the plan, her Celebrex would have cost $648 a month until she met her $1,500 prescription deductible, followed by an $85 monthly co-pay.
Mason is one of the many Americans with serious illnesses - including cancer, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis - who are indeed finding relatively low monthly premiums under President Obama's law. But some have been shocked at how much their prescriptions are costing as insurers are sorting drug prices into a complex tier system and in some cases charging co-insurance rates as high as 50 percent. That can leave patients on the hook for thousands.
- Heavenly Father, this healthcare law keeps bringing traumatic news to those who accepted as truth the information given to them. The cost is ever increasing and many people cannot afford the increases, yet they still have the medical needs for which they need treatment. We ask that their needs be heard and addressed. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void." (Psalm 119:126)
5. Insurers See Double-Digit Obamacare Price Rises in Many States Next Year
Consumers eligible for Obamacare health plans could see double-digit price hikes next year in states that fail to draw large numbers of enrollees for 2014, according to insurance industry officials and analysts.
The early estimates come as insurance companies set out to design plans they intend to sell in 2015 through the state-based health insurance marketplaces that are a centerpiece of the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama's signature domestic policy achievement that is widely referred to as Obamacare.
- Abba Father, here is another article of the rising cost of this health care law. Many are having great difficulty paying the premiums now, and this article states how this premium cost will have a double digit increase next year. Many will be unable to pay, but will then be confronted with the fines and penalties applied for not buying insurance. Father, we ask mercy, and for the removal of this destructive law, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
-"Whoever rewards evil for good, evil will not depart from his house." (Proverbs 17:3)
6. Louisiana bans use of welfare benefits for tattoos, lingerie, jewelry
BATON ROUGE, La. - Louisiana welfare recipients will be prohibited from spending the federal assistance at lingerie shops, tattoo parlors, nail salons and jewelry stores, under new limits enacted by state social services officials.
The Department of Children and Family Services announced the emergency regulations late Thursday. They cover the Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program - commonly known as welfare benefits - and the Kinship Care Subsidy Program.
Both programs pay cash assistance to low-income families for items like food, clothing and housing.
- Heavenly Father, we thank You that this state is requiring the money given to them be used for basic necessities - which is what was originally intended - and not unnecessary things such as tattoos or jewelry. May this requirement spread through all the states. We ask in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The way of life winds upward for the wise, that he may turn away from hell below." (Proverbs 15:24)
7. Appeals court halts gay marriages in Michigan
A federal appeals court issued an order Saturday preventing more same-sex couples from getting married in Michigan for at least several more days.
The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati said it issued the stay because it needed more time to consider the state's appeal of a judge's ruling Friday overturning Michigan's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. The court said its stay would last until at least Wednesday.
Earlier Saturday, dozens of same-sex couples in at least four Michigan counties wasted no time in getting hitched, uncertain of how the appeals court would act.
On Friday, federal Judge Bernard Friedman overturned Michigan's gay marriage ban, the latest in a series of decisions overturning similar laws across the country.
- Abba Father, here again an activist judge has overridden what citizens voted for as to the definition of marriage. It is being re-examined but this has happened in multiple states, against the will and vote of the majority of citizens in each state. Help us Father. We know we have sinned and failed You, but we are asking for mercy in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 16:25)
8. Long-term jobless face a dark future in U.S. study
The millions of Americans suffering through long stretches of unemployment could be left behind as the economy strengthens, a study by an influential former White House economist found.
Alan Krueger, a respected labor market economist who led President Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, said those unemployed long term tended to put less effort into their job hunts than others and were often viewed by employers as undesirable.
The sobering analysis published on Thursday by the Brookings Institution, a think tank in Washington, projected that people out of work for more than six months will increasingly give up their job search in the coming years. Their plight could be one of the deepest scars left by the 2007-09 U.S. recession.
- Abba Father, this study is quite difficult for all the people who want to work, but have been unable to find jobs for a long period of time. It is saying the longer this lasts for a person, the less chance the person has of getting a job and of rebuilding their lives. Many have stopped trying as they have become so discouraged. They are victims of the loss of so many job opportunities in our nation. We bring them to You for Your wisdom and encouragement, asking You to redeem all who do not know You, if they will come. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
-"You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord; He is their help and their shield." (Psalm 115:11)
9. Health Law Birth Control Coverage before Justices
The Obama administration and its opponents are renewing the Supreme Court battle over President Barack Obama's health care law in a case that pits the religious rights of employers against the rights of women to the birth control of their choice.
Two years after the entire law survived the justices' review by a single vote, the court is hearing arguments Tuesday in a religion-based challenge from family-owned companies that object to covering certain contraceptives in their health plans as part of the law's preventive care requirement.
Some of the nearly 50 businesses that have sued over covering contraceptives object to paying for all forms of birth control. But the companies involved in the high court case are willing to cover most methods of contraception, as long as they can exclude drugs or devices that the government says may work after an egg has been fertilized.
- Abba Father, we lift up these companies who are unwilling to fund contraception which involves the death of a fetus. We ask that You rise up and extend Your arm over this Supreme Court decision. These companies are standing up for life at great cost, including the possibility of the closing of their businesses. We ask mercy for them, and that the court will accept their plea. In the Name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Unto You I lift up my eyes, O You who dwell in the heavens." (Psalm 123:1)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
" Your word is a lamp unto my feet And a light unto my path."
1. Most Advanced' Gaza-Israel Tunnel Is Found
The Israeli military announced on Friday that it had uncovered a sophisticated tunnel that stretched hundreds of yards into its territory from the Gaza Strip and could have been used to attack or kidnap Israelis.
2. After Jenin raid, Netanyahu vows Israel 'will attack those who attack us' - jpost
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu praised Israel's security forces...for the raid in Jenin on Saturday that led to the death of Hamas member Hamza Abu Aleija. "Our forces hit someone who planned and organized attacks on innocent civilians," he said, calling this a "very important" operation. "Our policy is to attack those who attack or plan to attack us."
3. Report: US could free Pollard to rescue Israeli-Palestinian peace talks - jpost
With Israeli-Palestinian peace talks teetering on the brink of collapse, US officials are mulling a desperate bid to resuscitate the negotiations by making a significant move that would win the approval of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's coalition, one that may perhaps include the release of Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard, Israel Radio reported on Sunday.
The Daily Jot
The Russian non-surprise
The world is in an uproar over Russia annexing Crimea with Ukraine in its sights. Russia's President Vladimir Putin also is flexing his muscle in South America. All the hard work and money spent by the American taxpayer to break up the Soviet Union and win the Cold War has been lost because of a weak, naive and ineffectual "president." While the occupant of the Oval Office is weak, naive and ineffectual, he has been very good at keeping his promise to "remake America." America is remade in his image--weak, naive and ineffectual. The president did what he said he would do, and now everybody is surprised that the leader of the free world can't block communist aggression. No surprise, like dissolves like.
Americans are paying the price for electing godless leadership. Communism and socialism is godless. No question. Their manifesto calls for the abolishment of all religion. So when any people group, any nation, elects godless leaders, or leaders who are just saying they know God to get votes, there is a huge risk that their leadership will make decisions and act in ways that bring down consequences upon the people. The Lord gave us the formula for good leadership in Exodus 18:21, "Moreover you shall provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens."
This is the precept upon which the American form of government was designed. John Adams is quoted as saying, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Now Christians can over analyze who John Adams was and what he really stood for, but by and large, this quote holds the sentiments of the Founders. We are seeing clear evidence that he is correct. The Constitution is being usurped by immoral and godless people. The laws are not being enforced equally, or enforced at all, depending on what law it is and who breaks it. Constitutional authority is being abridged every day. There is no moral or godly compass.
When there is a vacuum of godliness, evil advances. Russian aggression should come as no surprise. It should also be no surprise that America is in steep and rapid decline. The leadership we have in this country is largely godless and immoral. The will of the people to hold these usurpers of righteousness accountable is also weak. There is a rough road ahead, possibly like no other faced by any previous generation of Americans. There will come a time, if it is not already here, that Christians will not only be hated, but will also be sought because they know the answer to the problems. Study the word of God; know Jesus. For the time is coming when you must speak boldly as you ought to speak.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Join Hobby Lobby Conference Call
Intercessors for America Sponsoring a Nationwide Conference Call:
Prayer for the Supreme Court Hearings for Religious Freedom
On Tuesday, March 25, Intercessors for America will sponsor a nationwide conference call to cover the Supreme Court hearings for Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Woods in prayer.
TIME: 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. EDT
CONFERENCE NUMBER: (712) 432-0075
Access Code: 1412452#
Thank you for joining us then!
Statement by Tony Perkins
Michigan Ruling Is a Judicial Mockery, Undermines Self-Governance
March 21, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman, struck down the Michigan constitutional marriage amendment which had been approved by nearly 60 percent of the state's voters.
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement:
"This judicial activist stampede to redefine marriage is making a mockery of the ideals that our Founding Fathers stood for. The Left continues to push their social agenda into the courtrooms to demand the change that voters won't give them. With their ballot box options very limited, these activists have focused their attention on the federal bench - raising the eyebrows and ire of the very Americans they hoped to persuade.
"One by one federal courts are vaporizing the right to self-governance. This is not just an attack on marriage, but an attack on the rule of law. It is not the role of judges to redefine our most fundamental societal institution which has such far-reaching implications for society at every level.
"Rather than repeat the disaster of Roe v. Wade and redefine marriage for all fifty states, we expect the Supreme Court to return to the people and their elected representatives the right to decide the future of marriage," concluded Perkins.
Windows XP and the Government
GOV'T COMPUTERS RUNNING WINDOWS XP OPEN TO HACKERS AFTER APR 8
The deadline for installing secure operating systems on federal government computers will pass next month with the job incomplete, leaving hundreds of thousands of machines running outdated software and unusually vulnerable to hackers.
Federal officials have known for more than six years that Microsoft will withdraw its free support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. Despite a recent rush to complete upgrades, an estimated 10 percent of government computers - out of several million - will still be running the operating system on that date, company officials said. That includes thousands of computers on classified military and diplomatic networks, U.S. officials said. Such networks have stronger defenses generally but hold more sensitive material, raising the stakes for breaches if they occur.
Security experts warn that hackers have been preparing for what Microsoft calls the "end-of-life" for Windows XP by stockpiling "vulnerabilities" that amount to skeleton keys that can give intruders remote access.
Hackers who break into a single computer on a network can use the passwords they steal to work their way into other machines, even ones that have updated operating systems and other protections, experts say. Intrusions often are limited to espionage but can be the first step toward cyberattacks capable of disabling critical systems.
"Once XP goes out of support and is no longer patched, you've just raised the vulnerability significantly on the whole Windows platform in your organization if you haven't moved off XP," said Richard Spires, a former Department of Homeland Security chief information officer. He called the problem "urgent."
(Source: Intercessors for America)
To read the entire article, and the prayer that follows, please go here.
"The Miracle of Israel"
"The Miracle of Israel" to Air Beginning Next Weekend
Produced by Jewish Voice Ministries International
MASSIVE PRAYER SUPPORT BEING RAISED UP FOR THIS IMPORTANT OUTREACH.
For full text and details, please go here.
Jewish Voice Ministries has long been known for our heart for Israel and the Jewish People as well as the nations throughout the world. We are currently asking you to join us in covering in prayer a project taking place here in the USA.
For four years now, we have been working on a television documentary to air on secular stations to reach Jewish People. The first three years this documentary was being produced, and last year it was presented, airing in 13 major United States metropolitan areas, and watched by over 2 million viewers!
This award-winning one-hour television special is called "The Miracle of Israel," and is narrated by Leonard Nimoy. It is a historical snapshot of the Jewish People and details how their miraculous survival and restoration may hold the key to our future.
It also includes views on Messianic and Last Days' prophecy and the identity of the Messiah. This spring, from March 29 through late April, Jewish Voice Ministries International will again air this documentary in a number of large, key U.S. cities. Considering the current political climate, the threats Israel is facing almost daily, and the rise of anti-Semitism, we think you will agree that this is an opportune time to spread the word about God's heart for Israel and for the Jewish People as individuals.
We are seeking massive prayer cover for this significant and timely initiative. This is yet another important tool that God has given us to fulfill our mandate of reaching the Jewish People with the Good News. . .
Airing dates vary from city to city, but all fall between March 29th - May 3rd. Please check here under schedule for all the locations, stations, dates and air times.
Last year, the Lord did exceedingly abundantly more than we had asked through this television special. We ask for your prayers as we know that as we continue to move forward, this kingdom initiative must be bathed in massive intercession to have eternal impact.
Please join us in praying for "The Miracle of Israel," and log on here for more info and to see the Spring 2014 airing schedule. Our prayer requests are included in this link as well.
Prayer Center Coordinator
Jewish Voice Ministries International
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
There Is Hope: Summit Ministries
I'm proud to be a member of the board of reference for Summit Ministries. Summit has a long track record of preparing young adults to stand strong against hostile worldviews and become courageous leaders at a time when our nation needs them desperately.
If you want the young adults you know and love to go against the flow and live boldly, with purpose and conviction, I urge you to check out Summit Ministries. More than 35,000 families to date have enrolled their 16-to-21-year-old sons and daughters in a Summit Ministries program. During the 12-day experience, they are mentored by Christian leaders in academia, public policy, and business, and prepared to be godly courageous leaders.
Summit's highly-respected program has won the endorsement of Christian leaders such as James Dobson, Eric Metaxas and Josh McDowell. The late Charles Colson called Summit the "gold standard" for training students in the Christian worldview.
These sessions are extremely popular and fill up rapidly. If you sign up before April 1st, you can save $200. Go to summit.org for more information. (Gary Bauer)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Meteorite crash on moon sparks record explosion
Feb. 26, 2014 - Record-breaking impact creates brightest lunar explosion ever seen!
To view this video report, go here.
(Source: Fox News)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"God Will Make A Way"
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way