Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love." (I Corinthians 16: 13,14)
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Global Debt Exceeds $100 Trillion as Governments Binge, BIS Says - Bloomberg
The amount of debt globally has soared more than 40 percent to $100 trillion since the first signs of the financial crisis as governments borrowed to pull their economies out of recession and companies took advantage of record low interest rates, according to the Bank for International Settlements.
-Oh Lord, forgive our country for going deeper and deeper into debt, as this is an example to other countries to do the same. We pray for You, Lord, to cause our leaders to handle this situation with Your divine wisdom and that this ungodly attitude toward excessive debt would end. We pray for provision and mercy for our country and the countries of the world when the effects of this debt manifest and that the enemy would steal no more from us in this manner. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, kill, and destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
2. Feinstein: CIA search of Senate computers violated Constitution - The Hill
Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) accused the CIA on Tuesday of searching her committee's computers. Feinstein in comments on the Senate floor asked for an apology from the CIA said she had "grave concerns" over its actions, which she said violated the Constitution's separation of powers. (Read more)
- We praise You today, Father, that a member of the United States Senate is referring to the U.S. Constitution as the basis for her remarks. We thank You that there is now a growing awareness on both sides of the aisle and on both sides of the Hill that a spirit of lawlessness has gripped our land which must be reversed. We ask that You would bring forth fruit in full measure as this "course correction" is now taking place. Welcome home, America!
- "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." (Romans 15:15)
3. Syria: Assad forces 'using starvation as weapon of war' - BBC
Starvation tactics against civilians are being used as a weapon of war by the Syrian government, the human rights group Amnesty International says.
- Father, we cry out for the Syrian people suffering from starvation. Open the door for humanitarian agencies to bring food and supplies to the people. Rain down manna from heaven on these people, in Jesus Name.
- Observe and consider the ravens; for they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn; and [yet] God feeds them. Of how much more worth are you than the birds! (Luke 12: 24)
4. Syrian rebels release nuns held since December - Washington Post
Syrian rebels released a group of about a dozen Greek Orthodox nuns who had been held since December, Lebanon's official news agency reported Monday.
- Thank you, Lord for the release of these nuns. We pray for the release of countless others who have been held against their will during this war.
- God is to us a God of deliverances and salvation; and to God the Lord belongs escape from death [setting us free]. (Psalm 68: 20)
5. Malaysia probes reports that lost jet headed west - Fox News
Malaysia Airlines said Tuesday that the western coast of the country, near the Malacca Strait, is "now the focus" of search efforts. That is on the other side of peninsular Malaysia from where Flight 370 was reported missing by civilian authorities, meaning if the plane went down there it would have had to fly over the country, presumably undetected. No debris from the plane has been found. (Read more)
- We continue in prayer with millions across the globe that this mystery be solved, and the families of the lost be comforted. Could it even be possible that a "space rock" of some sort came crashing down through our atmosphere, just in time to hit this plane? May God have mercy, amen.
- "For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open." (Mark 4:22)
6. Venezuela 'sham' resolution renews US scorn for Organization of American States - Fox News
On Friday, the OAS effectively punted, issuing what critics called a watered-down resolution which made clear the group would stay out of Venezuela's affairs. The Obama administration, and U.S. lawmakers, are now assailing the OAS for failing to take a stand.
The Obama administration complained that the supposed peace talks are supported only by the government and blasted the OAS for sticking to a platform of nonintervention. "The OAS cannot sanction a dialogue in which much of the opposition has no voice and no faith," the U.S. said in a footnote to the resolution. "Only Venezuelans can find the solutions to Venezuela's problems, but the situation in Venezuela today makes it imperative that a trusted third party facilitate the conversation as Venezuelans search for those solutions." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that our government is now taking a stand on behalf of the people of Venezuela, who are demonstrating to see President Maduro overthrown. We ask that Congress carefully consider any funding of the OAS in the next budget cycle, due to its nonintervention policies here and elsewhere in the nations it represents. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." (Gal. 6:7)
7. Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' - Reuters
Russia said any U.S. sanctions imposed on Moscow over the crisis in Ukraine will boomerang back on the United States and that Crimea has the right to self-determination as armed men tried to seize another Ukrainian military base on the peninsula.
- We continue to pray in the Spirit over this very tense and complex situation.
- "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people."
8. Crimea parliament vote offers two choices on Russia - join now or later - Fox News
The Crimean parliament voted Tuesday that the Black Sea peninsula will declare itself an independent state if its residents agree to split off from Ukraine and join Russia in a referendum. Residents who vote in the March 16 referendum reportedly will have two choices regarding whether to join Russia -- "yes now" or "yes later."
According to KyivPost.com, voting "no" is not an option and residents will have to vote to join Russia immediately or declare independence and then join Russia. (Read more)
- Herein lies a classic Communist strategy: a "no" vote is not allowed. Pray for the people of Crimea . . . let us ask our Lord to keep all safe in that region; many are not of Russian descent. Oh, Lord, we cry out for the safety of these ones, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jer. 33:3)
9. Senate panel postpones Ukraine vote - The Hill
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will not hold votes as planned Tuesday on a bill providing aid to Ukraine and slapping sanctions on Russia over its incursion into Ukraine's Crimea region.
Aides said negotiations were continuing over the bill's details between Chairman Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and ranking member Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), which could make getting a bill out of the Senate by the end of the week a heavy lift. (Read more)
- Father, we lift up the members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, asking that You grant them Your wisdom in this matter. We thank You for the plans and purposes that You have for Ukraine and we ask that the policy of our nation would be in alignment with your will for that country. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." (James 1:5)
10. Grieving California mom takes down cross on road after group's protest, more appear - Fox News
A grieving California mom who, under pressure from an atheist group, went to the site where her son was killed to remove a memorial cross was met at the scene by a throng of supporters who planted crosses of their own.
- Lord God, we cannot understand how some can be so cruel to a grieving mother. But Lord God, we also know that You went to the Cross, not because we were so good, but because we can be so evil. Thank You for the victory You won for all of us at Calvary, and we ask for the salvation now for all who are standing in opposition to this mother's wishes. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor are there words; their voice is not heard." (Psalms 19:1-3)
1. Hamas official: Heart of Israel will be the target in future war - Jerusalem Post
Hamas will target cities in the far north in any future confrontation with Israel, an official of the organization was quoted by AFP as saying on Monday, on condition of anonymity.
2. Netanyahu says any peace deal with Palestinians at least a year away - Reuters
Israeli Prime Benjamin Netanyahu said any peace deal with the Palestinians would take at least another year to negotiate should both sides accept U.S.-proposed principles to keep talks going.
3. Netanyahu slams world's hypocrisy in not strongly condemning Iran's arms shipment to Gaza - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu blasted world hypocrisy on Monday, saying there is a flood of condemnation of Israel when it "builds a balcony in Jerusalem," but only a drizzle of censure when Iran tries to smuggle long-range missiles into the Gaza Strip.
The Daily Jot
Democrats challenging Americans to wake up
Tonight's the night all of America will wake up politically. That is, if some 30 leftist politicians have their way on the floor of the US Senate. Progressives (translated: socialists) led by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and "his top lieutenants" will hold an all night "talk-a-thon" about the need for new tax increases to combat the mortal threat to all human kind--global warming. Reports say that they want Americans to "wake up" on the issue. Of all the issues America has before them, we can see that fiscal responsibility and moral accountability rank far below the whole global warming theme. It's really all about new taxes, wealth redistribution, and expanding government.
The UK Telegraph, once an advocate of global warming, recanted in 2008. Environmentalist reporter James Delingpole blew the whistle on scientists after he obtained 1079 emails and 72 documents from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit, the official source of global warming/climate change data.. He wrote in 2009 that scientists were practicing "Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organized resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more." Also in December of 2008 some 650 scientists refuted global warming.
Nobel Prize winner for physics Ivar Giaever said, "I am a skeptic. . . Global warming has become a new religion." One of the UN's own IPCC scientists from Japan, Dr. Kiminori Itoh, said in the report that global warming fears are "the worst scientific scandal in the history...When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists." Environmental scientist Delgado Domingos of Portugal says, "The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle." And Harry Reid wants Americans to wake up and recognize climate change?
Genesis 1:28 defines man's role in the environment, "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion . . . over every living thing that moves upon the earth." And after the great flood of Noah's time, God promised in Genesis 8:22, "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Only God the Creator has power to destroy earth. Man is its steward. And we should not be deceived by men who are using fear of the earth's destruction to create a new religion, a new social order.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
On-Site Prayer for Hobby Lobby Case
From the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation:
Join Us March 15th-17th for Three Days of Prayer and Fasting for America
In the spirit of the first Congress that proclaimed days of fasting and thanksgiving annually throughout some of the greatest challenges facing our nation, the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation is inviting you to join us in praying and fasting for the preservation of our First Amendment rights, namely the freedom to exercise our faith in the public square.
Soon the Supreme Court is due to rule on a monumental case affecting public prayer, Town of Greece v Galloway. Opening arguments will begin on March 25th for two other critical court cases affecting religious freedom, Hobby Lobby v Sebelius and Conestoga Wood Specialties v Sebelius. (more information here)
We are entreating God for divine intervention in these and other critical cases. Our posture is a heart of repentance as we also seek a spiritual and intellectual awakening, a moral reformation and solutions to the legislative strategies that are undermining the original interpretation of Freedom of Religion.
Pray for government leaders to have legislative solutions to ensure Judeo-Christian principles and religious freedom remain core tenets of our nation. Also, for praying citizens to mobilize in support of their efforts.
Pray for favorable rulings in support of the original intent of our Constitution.
Freedom of religion is the cornerstone of our Constitution. Are you willing to take the torch from our Forefathers and risk your livelihood to protect freedom in the greatest nation on earth; for our generation and generations to come?
We are willing to do whatever it takes to gain the attention of heaven for the healing and restoration of America. We believe that God will hear us!
> > > If you can, be at the Supreme Court on March 25th at 10:00 AM to provide on-site prayer and support to the Green family, and the other plaintiffs in this case.
"If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Abbas, Obama And Israel
Abbas, Obama And Israel
Last week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrived in Washington, D.C., for a series of high-profile speeches and meetings. President Obama welcomed him with one of the most critical interviews aimed at a foreign leader in the history of modern diplomacy.
Obama's anger about the slow pace of the Middle East peace process was not directed at the thugs in the Palestinian Authority, but against our staunch ally Israel. Among other things he said during the interview, Obama insisted that the Palestinians were ready for peace but that Netanyahu was standing in the way.
So Prime Minister Netanyahu threw down the gauntlet. At the annual AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington, D.C., last week, Netanyahu reiterated his commitment to peace and called on Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to recognize Israel's right to exist.
Days later Abbas responded. He told members of his Fatah Party, "They are pressing and saying, 'no peace without the Jewish state.' There is no way. We will not accept."
Once again, we see that Obama is living in a make believe world. The Palestinians are no more ready for peace than Obama is ready to confront evil in the real world. (Gary Bauer)
Thursday: Conference Call for Ukraine; Missing Plane
Emergency Int'l Conf Call:
Prayer for Ukraine, Flight 370
Thursday, March 13, Beginning at 10:30 a.m. EDT
Sponsored by PrayerSurgeNow
Dear Partners & Friends:
You are invited to our 2nd Emergency International Conference Call Prayer in response to crisis in Ukraine - "Joint ICU: Intercession for the Crisis in Ukraine - Thursday, March 13, 11-Noon Eastern Time. This week, we are planning on providing time for servant leaders in Ukraine to share prayer points with us, beginning with Pastor Sunday Adejala, Embassy of God, Kiev. We are also expecting believers of Ukrainian and Russian backgrounds to share and pray together with us.
If you are able, please connect 30 minutes in advance, 10:30AM Eastern, for an emergency intercession for the "missing" Flight 370 with Jane Chua, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. At times like these, Jesus is inviting us into His Intensive Care Unit for the Nations and intercede with Him - The SON of GOD and PRINCE of PEACE.
Please connect during any portion of our international prayer, 10:30-Noon Eastern, using 712-432-0075 and access code 6149782#.
Please read and share the below invitation to our special Thursday morning & weekly Saturday morning conference calls with fellow praying believers around the world. As usual, this information is posted on www.prayersurgenow.net. Thank you!
Together in Christ,
Dai Sup Han
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
CPAC Speakers Rally Conservatives to Stand up, Change America
Thousands gathered in D.C. this weekend for the nation's largest conference for conservatives. Attendees were encouraged to "stand up for what they believe - and stop being bullied."
The 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) began Thursday and came to a close Sunday. Some of the speakers included Gov. Rick Perry; former Govs. Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin; Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio; former Sen. Rick Santorum; and Dr. Ben Carson.
Perry gave the opening speech Friday morning. It began rather calm and collected. But toward the end audience members were standing and cheering. (Read more)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Quake rattles Northern California
No serious damage follows the offshore temblor,
but numerous aftershocks followed
EUREKA, Calif. - One of the largest earthquakes to hit California in decades rattled the state's northern coast, but its depth and distance from shore reduced the impact on land, where there were no reports of injuries or damage, scientists and authorities said on Monday.
The magnitude 6.8 quake struck at 10:18 p.m. Sunday and was centered 50 miles west of Eureka and about 10 miles beneath the Pacific seabed, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It initially was reported as a magnitude 6.9, but later downgraded.
By late Monday morning, it already had produced 20 aftershocks of magnitude 3.5 or larger, and more were expected over the coming days, said Keith Knudsen, deputy director of the USGS's Earthquake Science Center in Menlo Park, Calif. Knudsen said there was a 5 to 10 percent chance of a larger quake in the area in the next week.
Sunday's quake was felt widely across the region, but fire and sheriff's officials in Humboldt County said they had no reports of any damage or injuries. Humboldt County includes most of the populated areas closest to the epicenter. "Everybody felt it regionwide to the point that there was concern for damage," Humboldt County Sheriff's Lt. Steve Knight said. But other than triggering some home alarms, the county escaped unharmed, he said. "We're very grateful." (Associated Press)
Read more here.
[Reported by the Register Guard; Eugene, OR]
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Hillsong - "Made Me Glad"