EMERGENCY INT'L CONF CALL PRAYER
For the current CRISIS in UKRAINE
This Thur, 3/6, 11AM-12PM EST
Using 712-432-0075, code 6149782#
Sponsored by: PrayerSurgeNow
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end." (Matthew 24:6)
Here in Washington, D.C., it is already EARLY Tuesday morning. Due to the severity of the crisis in Ukraine and the need for urgent prayer, we will not wait until later today to send out this edition, but will do this NOW.
Thank you all for monitoring the news with us, and praying as the Spirit leads.
Our next edition of the Brief will be published at 5:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning, March 5. Thank you!
The Daily Brief
1. 16,000 Russian troops deployed in Crimea, Ukraine officials claim - Reuters
Ukraine officials say 16,000 Russian troops have been deployed in Crimea, a sign of widening military intervention in peninsula as America's UN ambassador warns Russia there was no justification for an invasion. (Read more)
- At one point today, the media in the U.S. were reporting that the Russians had threatened an eight-hour deadline: If Ukraine did not welcome them in across their border, then military action would follow.
Shortly after that, an anonymous Russian source denied that report as "rubbish." This is called the "fog of war" -- rumors flying, confusion reigning, chaos in the air. Come against the spirit that causes the fog of war, and call forth clarity for the world's leaders as they work their way through this crisis. Amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
2. House intelligence chairman: 'Putin is playing chess and we're playing marbles' - Washington Examiner
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers Sunday said the naivete of President Obama's national security advisers about Russian President Vladimir Putin's motivations is allowing Russia to outmaneuver the U.S. in Ukraine and other hot spots around the globe. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You would grant Your wisdom to our country's leaders, especially the very highest leaders who have the most power to handle the current situation in the Ukraine and around the world. You said in Your Word that the heart of the king is in Your hands and we pray that You will override the "naïve" strategies of those in authority so that our country's legislative branch will have more confidence in the handling of serious events. We pray that our country will not suffer a loss of respect in the world's eyes.
- "Every prudent man acts with knowledge, but a fool lays open his folly." (Proverbs 13:16)
3. Kerry to travel to Kiev for meetings Tuesday - Washington Examiner
The State Department on Sunday announced that Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Ukraine for meetings Tuesday while President Obama spent Sunday afternoon speaking with U.S. allies and weighing a response to Russia's invasion of the Crimea region. (Read more)
- Oh God our Father, we pray that You will take control of the situation in the Ukraine and strengthen the president of the Ukraine to be strong and wise in leading his country through this critical time. God, we ask that the shadow government not have power over the Ukraine. Hold this country in Your hands of protection and guide it through to a peaceful settlement with Russia without any bloodshed. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Who is so great a God as our God? You are the God that does wonders: You have declared Your strength among the people." (Psalm 77:13-14)
4. Wall Street Suffers as Ukraine Turmoil Boils - Fox News
U.S. equity markets tumbled on Monday, extending a global selloff, as anxiety over turmoil in Ukraine sent traders racing into safe-haven assets. As of 2:13 p.m. ET, the Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped 156 points, or 0.95%, to 16166, the S&P 500 dropped 13.7 points, or 0.73%, to 1846 and the Nasdaq Composite slid 34.8 points, or 0.81%, to 4273. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we speak stability to the world markets so that the global economic situation will not fluctuate in the face of recent events in the Ukraine. We look to You to protect the assets of Your people and for you to give special wisdom to those who love You.
- "Let them shout for joy and be glad, who favor my righteous cause, and let they say continually, 'Let the Lord be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.'" (Psalms 35:27)
5. Russia And China 'In Agreement' Over Ukraine - Conservative Bytes
Russia has said China is largely "in agreement" over Ukraine, after other world powers condemned Moscow for sending troops into the country. Hundreds of Russian soldiers have surrounded a military base in Crimea, preventing Ukrainian soldiers from going in or out. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that You are the King of all Kings and the Lord of all Lords. We thank You that You do hold the nations in Your Hands. We thank You that You are the governor of the nations. We give this news to you, and we ask that this alliance be dissolved, by Your mighty power. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
6. Obama presses Netanyahu on 'tough decisions' in Mideast talks - Fox News
Seeking to salvage an elusive Middle East peace plan, President Obama pressed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday to make the "tough decisions" needed to move forward on talks with the Palestinians. But facing a U.S.-imposed April deadline, the Israeli leader declared pessimistically that, "Israel has been doing its part and, I regret to say, the Palestinians have not." Netanyahu's comments underscored the slim prospects of reaching an agreement to the long-running conflict, despite a robust effort led by Secretary of State John Kerry. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray for this impending need that Israel as a State has. We ask that Prime Minister Netanyahu stand firm on the promises of God given to the Jewish State to be guided by. The Word of God says that Israel was given to the Jewish people and in Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy it is documented by the Lord God of Israel that the Land of Israel was given to the 12 sons of Jacob. It also says that the Land of Israel is not to be divided. So Father God, since there are 22 Arab countries surrounding Israel, we pray that the mighty God of heaven will send the Palestinians to these countries to live, and they be blocked from fighting over the small Jewish nation of Israel from this time forth and forever more. We ask the Father in the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your children may life: That you may love the Lord your God, and that you may obey His voice, and that you may cleave unto Him: for He is your life, and the length of your days: that you may dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)
7. Groups to PM: Tell AIPAC and the World We're Not 'Occupiers' - Israel National News
Several former Israeli diplomats and politicians, along with leaders of Jewish organizations and pro-Israel groups, wrote an open letter to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on the eve of his address Tuesday to the AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington DC. The letter urges Netanyahu to clarify Israel's status in Judea and Samaria - that under international law, Israel is not an "occupying power," and is the legal ruler of the area, even if it has not been formally annexed to Israel.
. . . (The letter read, in part) "There is an exceedingly credible body of legal opinion, as offered by highly respected jurists, international lawyers and academics, refuting the notion that the Israeli presence beyond the 1967 line is illegal. The world must begin to hear this message: Israel is not an occupier, Israeli presence in Judea and Samaria is not illegal. International law does not support the position that Israel is illegal past the 1967 line." The letter concludes, "We call upon you, Mr. Prime Minister, to make this position clear during your speech at AIPAC Policy Conference next week: The State of Israel has solid legal grounds in the areas beyond the 1967 lines." (Read more)
- Father God, we shout a hearty AMEN to the above letter. For it is You who gave the entire State of Israel to the 12 sons of Jacob which also includes Judea and Samaria, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, Bethlehem, Hebron, the Golan Heights, and the whole Land of the State of Israel. We pray that You will stand with Netanyahu, and impart to him to speak the Words that You give him. Surround him with an angelic host of holy angels dispatched from the throne of God. May he not bend or bow to any other god. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. Be strong, Joshua, and of a good courage: for unto this people shall you divide for an inheritance the Land of Israel, which I sware unto their fathers to give them, says the Lord Your God." (Joshua 1:3,6)
8. Ryan: Welfare programs making poverty worse - The Hill
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Monday issued a 204-page critique of federal anti-poverty programs that concludes many of them are redundant, counterproductive and in need of reform. "Federal programs are not only failing to address the problem. They are also in some significant respects making it worse," the report states. (Read more)
- Our Mighty God, we repent for our country being misled into thinking that turning over works of charity to the government would be the charitable thing to do when the ulterior motive was to take away hard-earned wealth from those who had it and control those who receive it. We ask that You would bring this to the forefront of our legislative branches so that the wasteful and harmful programs would be eliminated. We pray that those programs that encourage generational dependency are deleted and the ones that build character and industriousness would remain. In the name of Jesus, we break off the spirit of poverty from our country and pray for mercy for the poor.
- "Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to that which is good." (Romans 12:9)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Lord, how my foes have increased! Many are the ones who rise up against me. Many are saying of my soul, there is no deliverance for him in God. Selah. But You, YHWH, are a shield for me; my glory, the One who lifts up my head." (Psalms 3:1-3)
1. Report: U.S. May Unveil Framework Peace Deal Without Agreement of Israel or Palestinian Authority - Algemeiner
The White House is debating whether to unveil a framework Israel-Palestinian Authority peace agreement that will address final status issues without the consent of Jerusalem and Ramallah, Israeli daily Ma'ariv reported on Sunday.
2. Iranian Official: 'We are Preparing to Liberate Jerusalem' - Arutz Sheva
The Islamist Basij militia force in Tehran ran a special military exercise Thursday and Friday preparing for an Iranian takeover of Jerusalem.
3. Hundreds of thousands protest Haredi draft in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
On Sunday, a huge number of ultra-Orthodox Israelis rallied against the proposed draft law at the entrance to Jerusalem. Hundreds of thousands -- organizers said half a million while police put the number at some 300,000 -- attended the protest, which sealed off the entrance to the capital for hours.
4. Netanyahu: Palestinians aren't doing peace dance with Israel and US - Times of Israel
Blame for the morass in the Middle East peace process lies squarely with the Palestinians, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said late Sunday, hours US President Barack Obama was quoted saying that Washington would be hard-pressed to defend Israel should talks fail.
5. Group Says Assailants Attack Gaza Catholic Church - ABC News
A Palestinian rights group says assailants have attacked a Catholic church in the Gaza Strip.
The Daily Jot
Prophetic Precipice faced by America
Published on Monday, March 3, 2014
While Russian President Vladimir Putin thumbed his nose at Obama's warnings against invading Ukraine, the US president huddled in an hour-long Oval Office interview with Bloomberg reporter Jeffrey Goldberg. The purpose of the interview was to send a clear warning to Israel ahead of that country's Prime Minister visit to the White House. The warning: Israel better give in to the president's proposed peace framework or face a bleak future--one of international isolation and demographic disaster. The president skipped a National Security Advisors meeting on the crisis in Ukraine, but took an hour with a reporter to warn Israel. Watch the prophetic clock tick in the next 24 hours.
The Lord God says of Israel in Genesis 12:3, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curses thee." This is an ongoing ordeal for America as presidents Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, and the current occupant of the Oval Office have built precept upon precept to force Israel into accepting terms of the terrorist Palestinian negotiators. A clear example of the US facing a political, economic or natural disaster within 48 hours of a US president pressuring Israel is Bush demanding that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon rid Gaza of its Jewish settlers. Gaza became a hostile enclave for Hamas terrorists within hours. Within 48 hours was the formation of a tropical depression that became Katrina.
White House support of all things Islam has Biblical implications for all Americans. Most all the prophets--major and minor--point to current Islamic nations coming against Israel in the "Day of the Lord." Russia's role has always been in support of Israel's enemies--Russia/Soviet Union supplied the weapons to Arab states that attacked Israel after its independence, the six day war in 1967 and the Yom Kippur War in 1973. The US president is pitching a prophetic grand slam on the people who elected him. He has drawn a line in the sand by warning Russia to not invade Ukraine and he is warning Israel of the consequences of not giving up traditional lands of Judea and Samaria to the Palestinian terrorists.
There are prophetic consequences, however, of the president's actions. One could tie many things, such as the support for the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda, his pressure on Israel, his support for abortion and homosexuality, his selective enforcement of law, his lack of fiscal responsibility, his reverse racism, his destruction of the economy, etc., to prophetic consequences that inform the current American condition. The one thing that each nation needs, however, is national security. His warnings to Israel amid his weak response to the growing crisis of Russian aggression are a combination adding up to prophetic and practical consequences. Proverbs 29:2 says, "...When the wicked bear rule, the people mourn."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Ukraine & The U.S.
Ukraine & The U.S.
Our community organizer-in-chief is once again confronted by the harsh realities of the world. Over the weekend, Russian troops invaded the Crimean Peninsula, a critically important region of Ukraine. Obama's response has been flailing. Already we are seeing hints that he will deploy his usual strategy, which is to drag out a straw man.
Whenever the left gets in a bind for promoting failed policy, it goes on the attack, accusing conservatives of having policies we do not have. Liberals will say, "After Iraq and Afghanistan, conservatives might think twice about sending troops to Ukraine." No one has suggested sending American troops to Ukraine.
At the same time, it is important to understand why we are involved. In 1994, the United States and Russia signed a treaty guaranteeing Ukraine's sovereignty in exchange for Ukraine giving up its Soviet-era nuclear weapons, which it did. Russia has just violated that treaty. The world is watching to see if America will honor its commitments.
The White House has issued some statements, but there is much more Obama could do. His statements against the Russian invasion could be at least as strong as his condemnations of the Tea Party or those who believe in traditional marriage.
The Canadians are threatening to expel the Russian ambassador. Why haven't we done so yet? The next G-8 economic summit is scheduled to take place in Sochi, Russia, this summer. We announced that we would "suspend our participation in activities associated with the preparation" of the summit.
Obama should tell Putin there will be no G-8 summit in Sochi. In fact, we should start an effort to kick Russia out of the G-8 so long as Russian troops remain in Ukraine.
There are numerous Russian billionaires in the United States. No doubt some of them obtained their wealth through less than ethical means. We should pull their visas until Russia stops its aggression.
Obama's State Department should stop obsessing over homosexual rights in Uganda, and start putting more effort into protecting the human rights of everyone, particularly citizens in nations close to Russian power.
Russia has been in decline for decades. The only significant assets it has are oil and natural gas. Obama should announce that construction of the Keystone XL pipeline will be expedited as a matter of economic and national security.
He should declare that the United States and Canada are going all-out to develop our own natural resources to collapse Russia's advantage, and that America will help Israel develop recently discovered natural gas fields.
I don't often agree with the liberal Washington Post. But yesterday the Post began a scathing editorial with this sentence: "For five years, President Obama has led a foreign policy based more on how he thinks the world should operate than on reality."
In other words, hope is not a foreign policy. (Gary Bauer)
Bibi vs. Barack
Bibi vs. Barack
Since Obama clearly cannot handle the Ukrainian crisis, he returned today to the foreign policy objective he enjoys most -- bashing our friend and ally Israel and its leader Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Prime Minister Netanyahu arrived in the United States today and was greeted by an article in which Obama said that Israel's future was limited if Netanyahu did not agree to his demands in the so-called "peace process." Obama warned that Israel was facing a "demographic disaster," and that the United States may not be able to manage the "international fallout" if Israel refuses to make a deal with the Palestinians, who still refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist.
Sure, Israel has problems. Every nation does. But its future is likely better than ours under Obama. By most measures, Israel is thriving. It has turned the desert into an oasis. It has discovered vast energy reserves. Its scientists and researchers continue to make dramatic breakthroughs.
If Israel is facing a bleak future, it is largely because Obama is empowering the Islamists who are threatening its future. (Gary Bauer)
Supreme Court Declines Romeike
Supreme Court Declines Romeike
March 3, 2014
Dear Members and Friends of Homeschooling,
Today, the United States Supreme Court declined to review Uwe and Hannelore Romeike's asylum case. We knew it was an uphill battle since the Court only accepts 80-100 out of nearly 10,000 requests each year. While we are disappointed, the court's decision in no way changes our commitment to fight for the Romeikes and homeschooling freedom. The court's decision is not a decision on the merits of the case-however, it was the last judicial hope for the family.
But we will not give up and see this family returned to Germany where they will face certain persecution. Even now, we have been working with supportive members of Congress to introduce legislation that could help the Romeikes and others who flee persecution. We will keep you informed as the legislation progresses. We will undoubtedly need your help at the right time. Although our judicial efforts on behalf of this courageous family are over for now, we are resolved to fight on for them and homeschooling freedom.
We are deeply grateful for the support and prayers of our members, friends, and allies over the course of this case and especially this past week. Please continue to pray as we review all possible options for the Romeikes. For more information, visit hslda.org/romeike.
Michael P. Farris
Prayer Request from CHPP:
Continue to lift up this precious family in prayer, and pray too for the members of Congress now working on the legislation mentioned in this alert. God will make a way; let's put our trust in Him. Amen.
"He keeps the feet of His godly ones, But the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; For not by might shall a man prevail." (I Sam. 2:9)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
"Son of God" Opening Weekend Dazzles;
Staggering Success Blows Away Expectations
"The film confounded Hollywood elites, mainstream critics and industry experts with a staggering $25.5 million dollar box office take." -Newsmax
(Hollywood, CA)-Approximately ten years ago, Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" blew moviegoers and film critics away with its cinematic message of redemption. Results were immediate. People's lives were touched and saved, hearts were rededicated to Jesus, and Hollywood was forced to sit up and take notice.
This last weekend's opening success of the much touted "Son of God" film promises to have the same effect. Reports from a variety of sources confirm it's a runaway hit in theaters.
A Newsmax report says the film has "confounded Hollywood elites, mainstream critics and industry experts with a staggering $26.5 million box office take."
The report noted that the success "also revealed the huge divide between the Christian fan base and mainstream movie critics. The film attracted favorable ratings of 22 percent from critics at Rottentomatoes.com, while 83 percent of fans like it." (Breaking Christian News) Read more
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Thousands in Guatemala facing evacuation as Pacaya volcano erupts
A volcano has erupted in Guatemala, prompting the authorities to consider the evacuation of some 3,000 people living in the area. The Pacaya volcano began spewing ash and lava after a powerful explosion on Saturday afternoon. New explosions were seen on Sunday, with ash clouds reaching a height or at least 4km (3 miles). [Reported by BBC] Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
HIDING PLACE -Sara Groves
You are my hiding place . . .
You fill my broken heart with songs of deliverance . . .
You sing of how the weak are strong . . .
Worship Him with us now . . .