Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually,
that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." (Hebrews 13:15)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Senate Dems craft proposal to raise debt limit as Reid, Boehner escalate feud - Fox News
Senate Democrats on Monday quietly crafted no-strings-attached legislation to raise the nation's debt limit as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker John Boehner escalated their feud over the budget impasse.
- God, we call upon You, O mighty God, to take full control of our national debt and by Your miraculous power, intervene in ways that are beyond what we could comprehend the solution to be. This matter is in the hands of our God, and we trust You. When the debt limit is raised, the shadow government will further use the money to put America deeper in debt in a landslide position to destroy this nation. Stop them Lord, we plead, from accomplishing this goal. We ask You to shut them down by the Blood and power of the Cross of Christ. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly in truth with my whole heart and with my whole soul, (says the Lord)." (Jeremiah 29:41)
2. John Boehner: Obama wants 'unconditional surrender' on funding government, raising debt limit - Washington Examiner
House Speaker John Boehner on Tuesday rejected a claim by President Obama that House Republicans are unwilling to negotiate over the debt limit and government funding legislation and said the president is demanding "unconditional surrender" from the GOP.
- Lord God, we come against the lies, falsehoods, distortions and deceptions that are rampant in our government in this hour. May true words, and those only, be spoken in all matters related to our current fiscal crisis. We ask You, Father God, to come with the "broom of heaven" and clear out all the "hot air" that is flying around our nation's capital (in the government and in the media), so that only truth will remain in our national debate. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, amen.
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
3. Tensions Ratchet Up in Debt Battle - Wall Street Journal
President Barack Obama warned Tuesday of "economic chaos" if a political stalemate causes the U.S. to no longer be able to pay its bills, and said he would accept even a short-term increase in the borrowing limit to give lawmakers time to negotiate.
- Lord God, we come against the bullying tactics of this administration, who continue to try to force their will upon this Congress and upon our people by the arm of the flesh. Lord God, we ask You to block this scheme, that would pull this nation deeper into hopeless debt in an attempt to capsize America. We ask You to scatter and dismantle their plots, and we ask You to forgive these schemers, for they know not what they do. Have mercy upon us, O Lord. In Your Name, we pray, amen.
- "Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are rusted; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. You have heaped treasure together for the last days." (James 5:1-3)
4. Conservatives Demand Info on Obamacare Rollout Failure - Washington Free Beacon
Conservative critics of Obamacare want to know how many people have actually purchased insurance through the president's signature legislation following the glitch-ridden rollout of the Obamacare website last week.
- Father God, reach out Your hand and block the innocent people who are unaware of the fact that Obamacare has been destroyed by God and is a totally dead issue. Protect the people that they not get sucked into a lie. This package is not valid, and is not founded on truth or fact. It is extinct. In Jesus' Name.
- "Arise for our help, and redeem us for Your mercies' sake." (Psalm 44:26)
5. Janet Yellen to be named Fed chair on Wednesday: White House - CNBC
After months of speculation, it's official: Janet Yellen will be the next chair of the Federal Reserve, succeeding Ben Bernanke, the White House said late Tuesday.
- Lord God, we are not aware of Ms. Yellen, nor of her professional background, but we do know that You know all about her character. We ask now that You would take her by the hand, direct her path, and help her to make decisions -- in her new position as head of the Federal Reserve -- that will be in the best interests of our people. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
6. Ohio school district agrees to keep portrait of Jesus off wall, pay $95G fine - Fox News
An Ohio school district has agreed to keep a portrait of Jesus Christ off school property and pay a $95,000 fine in the face of legal pressure from the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Oh God, forgive the ACLU for this gross sin for they know not what they do. They will know the grievance of their ways the second after they draw their last breath. BUT it will be too late. They will meet their fate. Speak blessing over the Ohio school district that they not lose ground in their stance of honoring Jesus Christ. In His Name we pray.
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
7. 'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen - US News
Tractor-trailer drivers will intentionally clog the inner loop of the Washington, D.C., beltway beginning on the morning of Oct. 11, according to a coordinator of the upcoming "Truckers Ride for the Constitution" rally.
- Father God, we praise the stance of the Truckers Ride for the Constitution, and speak blessing over their efforts to stand strong for the rights of the Constitution and the great nation of the United States of America. May these truckers and their supporters become a powerful voice in our land. We pray, too, for the residents of the city of Washington, D.C. as there seems to be a period of "planned chaos" ahead, while these 3,000 trucks tie up the Beltway and shut down the city. We pray against any violence that may erupt, and for only wise, good, and positive results to unfold as a result of their efforts. In the Name of Jesus' we pray, amen.
- "See good, and not evil, that you may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as you have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish justice in the gate." (Amos 5:14-15)
8.'Gestapo tactics': Yellowstone park rangers held tour group captive - Daily Caller
A Yellowstone tour guide accused the National Park Service of using "Gestapo tactics" while shutting down the park, after armed rangers locked a group of terrified senior citizens inside their hotel for many hours to prevent them from visiting nearby attractions. The Lawrence, Massachusetts Eagle-Tribune reports that the rangers also prevented the group from taking pictures of wildlife and from stopping at a rest facility during their departure, forcing seniors to wait well over two hours before using the restroom. (Read more)
- "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.(Isaiah 42:13)
1. Israeli, Palestinian teams plan to intensify talks - Times of Israel
Israeli and Palestinian officials held another round of negotiations in Jerusalem Monday, where they agreed to honor an American request to increase the pace of talks.
2. IDF chief: Here's how our next wars could look - Times of Israel
Israel's wars of the future could include an al-Qaeda attack on the Golan Heights, rockets on Eilat and a Hamas assault on the Erez crossing with Gaza, IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz said Tuesday.
3. Abbas says an agreement possible in nine months - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas sounded an optimistic note Monday in a Ramallah meeting with left-leaning MKs about the ongoing peace talks.
4. Netanyahu: Ayatollah Khamenei 'heads a cult' - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took to the US airwaves Wednesday, persistent in his effort to convince the international community that Iranian President Hasan Rouhani's charm offensive at the UN last week was an act meant to cover up Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions.
5. Ya'alon: Diplomacy with Iran must not be based on 'wishful thinking' - Times of Israel
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon on Wednesday acknowledged there were differences between Israel and the US on Iran, and expressed concerns over Western attempts to engage in diplomacy with Tehran, warning against "wishful thinking" in the face of duplicitous Iranian "sweet talk."
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
" . . . the word of God is not chained. Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." (2 Timothy 2:9,10)
Florida City Bans "God Bless America" Signs - BosNewsLife
BARTOW, USA (BosNewsLife)-- A group of outraged Christian residents in a Florida city planned to meet local officials Monday, October 7, after they were ordered to remove their "God Bless America" yard signs, local media reported.
About 300 of the signs were handed out at First Baptist Church of the city of Bartow following a sermon celebrating the country's annual Independence Day on July 4.
But three months later, City of Bartow Code Enforcement told the residents temporary signs have worn out their welcome, the FOX 13 television network reported.
Residents of this American city told the station they had three days to pack it up or pay a minimum fine of $25 a day.
"Being a veteran, I felt like I was just kicked in the gut. I couldn't believe it, that I couldn't display my love for my nation by putting a sign up that says 'God Bless America'," Bartow resident Marcus Seger said.
It comes amid wider concerns among devoted Christians in America about what they view as interference by local or national authorities in their expression of faith. Among those targeted last year was American Pastor Michael Salman, who was jailed for holding an unauthorized Bible study at his home in the U.S. state of Arizona.
Last month, a Florida ministry that feeds the poor said a state agriculture department official told them they would not be allowed to receive food from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) unless they removed portraits of Christ, the Ten Commandments, a banner that read "Jesus is Lord" and stopping giving Bibles to the needy.
"They told us they could no longer allow us to have any religious information where the USDA food is going to be," said Kay Daly, executive director of the Christian Service Center, in an interview with the FOX News network.
USDA officials said they were just following guidelines.
Praying can be tricky too. U.S. Navy chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt is among those removed from service for disobeying a "lawful" order banning prayer "in Jesus' name", He has fought for years against the government, seeking reinstatement and damages.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Project
The Madison Project: Special Report
A Line in the Sand
Will the Republican Party fight?
That is the question that many are asking this week. In spite of almost two weeks of incessant hammering by the media, guess what new polls are showing? That the American public blames both the Democrats and Republicans in almost a 50/50 split (to see the CNN poll, go here). Why is this an important fact to note? Because during the 1995 shutdown, by a margin of almost 2 to 1, the American public blamed the GOP for the shutdown, even though it started with a Bill Clinton veto.
Bottom line, this is a different set of circumstances and the American public, probably thanks to social media and other news outlets, is well aware of the role President Obama and Harry Reid are playing in all this.
But the question remains. With the public at least understanding what is going on in Washington, DC, will the GOP fight? The stage has been set by Senator Ted Cruz. If you look back over the last few weeks, we are here because of his filibuster. The current strategy, mini-CRs to keep the essential parts of government funded, is a Cruz strategy.
What have we seen from this "keep the pressure on them" strategy? Harry Reid talking about denying children with cancer research dollars and President Obama forcefully shutting down the WWII Memorial.
As I pointed out to to some friends last week, sometimes the simple strategy of keeping pressure on your opponents until they crack is all the strategy that you need.
However, as we approach the debt ceiling fight that is fast approaching, we must be very aware of any attempts by the GOP to tie the CR and the debt limit fights together. . .
There is going to be a lot going on the next few days and weeks. To stay informed, please visit our blog regularly to stay up to speed on events as they unfold.
The Madison Project
[Tomorrow: More from the Madisonian, Report #50]
The Daily Jot
Historical shift in US government
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
It has been happening for a long time--government getting more and more powerful, intrusive and self important. But now for the first time in history, Americans are seeing the government actually come out into the light regarding how it views the governed. The president smirks at Congress and the American people on TV. Leaders in Congress either flaunt their privileged status or walk around with that omnipotently wiser than anyone else look on their face--both parties. While the commoners must balance home budgets and navigate troubled economic waters created by the elect, we are disenfranchised by those who we elect. The blatancy of all this is historic.
When Moses returned from receiving the law from God, he saw that the people had abandoned the precepts of God and had sinned greatly. Moses broke the tablets containing the law God engraved on them. Aaron explained how the people came to worship the golden calf. Exodus 32:30 says, "And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the Lord; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin." Moses pleaded with the Lord on their behalf, saying "Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou will forgive their sin--and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which you have written."
In this, we learn a lot about leadership. Moses was angry with the people for abandoning the Lord after all he had done to deliver them from Egypt. In Moses' anger he broke the law into pieces, then destroyed the golden calf, boiled it down, and "made the children of Israel drink of it." Then, on instruction from the Lord, he had 3,000 of those who rebelled against God put to death. Then, Moses so loved his people that he went back to God and asked for forgiveness on behalf of his people. He even was willing to put himself into eternal damnation on their behalf. The Lord said that he would blot out of his book those who had sinned against him and he visited their sin upon them.
The historic shift in our government is three-fold. First, the American people as a population have turned away from the precepts of God. This has happened from the pulpit as well as from our strength and discipline as families. Second, our leaders do not lead using the precepts of God. Third, our leaders have no love for the people they lead. As we can see from this account in Exodus there is a shared responsibility between those who lead and those who are led. We, as a nation, have turned so far from the Lord that there is little accountability to the Lord or to the law. We must repent as a people. We must hold one another accountable. We must rid ourselves of the arrogant leadership that holds God and us in contempt.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
15 Bible Verses For Trusting God in Tough Times
What a blessing this is!
To view this list, go here.
Shalom . . .
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
Piano Worship -
Lost in you