Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
"If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Federal court mulling delay of Texas abortion law - CNSNews.com
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - After a summer filibuster only managed to temporarily delay passage of tough new Texas abortion restrictions, advocacy groups turned to a federal judge Monday in their latest attempt to derail the law before it takes effect next week. Planned Parenthood and other abortion rights organizations have sued to block key portions a new law that threw the Legislature into chaos before it was approved. (Read more)
- Father God, we stand on the Word of God that declares that murder - the act of taking a life - was defeated at the Cross of Jesus Christ. This draws a definite line in the sand which separates the believers and the nonbelievers of this hallowed Truth. There is favor and disfavor in the realm of God's laws - favor is given if you do not kill these innocent babies and disfavor from God if you do. So God, we pray that you will deal directly with the people whose evil hearts are panting to see the next baby killed. Turn the tables on this group and deny them their pleasure. Let this law stand. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "These six things does the Lord hate; yea, seven are an abomination unto Him: (1) a proud look, (2) a lying tongue, and (3) hands that shed innocent blood, (4) a heart that devises wicked imaginations, (5) feet that be swift in running to mischief, (6) a false witness that speaks lies, (7) and he that sows discord among brothers." (Proverbs 6:16-19)
2. Obama Firing of Military Reminiscent of Stalin's Purge - Blacklisted News
The similarities of distrust and fear between the Soviet "Man of Iron" and the latest POTUS should not go unnoticed. Any student of the last century is familiar with the Stalinist mayhem. Russian history is plagued with atrocities, but the reign of Soviet commissars' is especially brutal. Uncle Joe's victims of Soviet Terror, is estimated at 20 million killed during the 1930s by V. Chistyakovoy at the height of the purges with 3.7-7.7% of Red Army officers removed. Are we witnessing the beginning of an American version of a parallel motivation just at lower levels at this point? (Read more)
- Almighty God, we cry out to You to raise up a mighty host of heavenly angels who will fight this battle for us against our enemies who are determining this purge. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "God is gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet, Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth: sing praises with understanding. God reigns over the heathen: God sits upon the throne of His holiness." (Psalm 47:5-8)
3. Poll: Nearly half say replace everyone in Congress - USA Today
The impasse that shut down much of the federal government for 16 days has left Americans in the sort of throw-the-bums-out mood that presaged two recent tumultuous elections in which control of the House of Representatives shifted from one party to the other.
- There is an old saying: don't throw the baby out with the bathwater! We understand the frustration of many Americans in this hour with this Congress . . . especially in light of the slanted news being reported these days by the mainstream media.
For those of us who work, and who pray, on the Hill however, there is a much different picture. Congress still includes "a few good men" (and women, too) who are doing all they can to stop the drum roll of socialist laws now attempting to engulf our nation.
We ask you to please pray FOR "all in authority" -- asking God's mercy upon the wicked and His blessing upon the righteous. Your prayers over this Congress are shifting the heavens towards righteousness. Pray!
- "In that day the Lord of hosts will be . . . a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, And for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate." (Isaiah 28:5,6)
4a. Consumer Reports: 'Stay Away From HealthCare.gov' - Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports, which publishes reviews of consumer products and services, advised its readers to avoid the federal health-care exchange "for at least another month if you can." "Hopefully that will be long enough for its software vendors to clean up the mess they've made," the magazine said, having tested the site themselves over the course of the past three weeks.
4b. Thousands get health insurance cancellation notices - NBC News
Health plans are sending hundreds of thousands of cancellation letters to people who buy their own coverage, frustrating some consumers who want to keep what they have and forcing others to buy more costly policies.
- Lord God, guide these precious people regarding their healthcare and insurance because You are daily exposing this tragedy. Get the Word out, my Father, that Jesus Himself was sitting in a chair holding Obamacare which appeared to be a very large book. Suddenly, the book began sifting through his fingers as He held it in His hands, and as He was turning Obamacare into sawdust and in the space of five minutes it sifted through His fingers and fell to the floor at His feet in a mound of sawdust. Expose this truth before the world, O God. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "My heart is inditing and overflowing with a good matter: I speak of the things which I have seen touching the King: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1)
5. Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers - Washington Examiner
One of the central fights over Obamacare during this month's government funding battle focused on whether Congress should be exempted from parts of the new health care law.
- Amending the Constitution is no easy matter, but in this instance, we feel that this move by Senator Rand Paul deserves our support in prayer. It is time to hold Congress accountable for the actions it takes, so that they will no longer be exempt from any law that is passed. Amen.
- "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12)
6. U.S. Army Sees Budget Cuts Affecting Most Weapons Programs - Washington Free Beacon
U.S. defense budget cuts will affect the Army's plan to develop a new ground combat vehicle and most other acquisition programs, with some facing delays or even cancellation, Army Secretary John McHugh said on Monday.
- Father God, we hold up all the U.S. military in our hands to You, and plead for their survival; that not one unit will be sent out to face our enemies on a one-way ticket, having been predestined to a dishonorable death by despots exercising abusive power. God, we pray for mercy of the highest power, coming straight out of heaven to encounter this evil attrition. With thankful hearts we pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)
7. Feds Paid Prisoners $1 million in Disability Payments - Washington Free Beacon
The Social Security Administration (SSA) gave more than $1 million in improper disability benefits to 440 prisoners, according to the inspector general.
- Lord God, in this hour in our nation, when severe budget cuts are in effect, and families hover around the kitchen table, trying to figure out how they are going to pay their bills . . . news of this kind is unconscionable. Lord God, we ask You to hold the ones accountable who have wasted these funds with such abandon; may what they have done unto others return upon their own heads, and may they finally bow the knee to You, asking forgiveness and salvation. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19)
8. Chris Christie drops gay marriage appeal as New Jersey law takes effect - Washington Examiner
Just hours after Senator-elect Cory Booker officiated New Jersey's first legal same-sex wedding ceremonies at Newark City Hall, Gov. Chris Christie announced Monday he is dropping his appeal of the court ruling that allowed such unions.
- Lord God, we pray for Chris Christie that he be strengthened to stand taller on his next encounter with this issue. God, You have given these men/women involved in same-sex marriages over to a reprobate mind and vile affections and passions, as You have spoken in Your Word, below. Save others, O God, from falling into this horrible pit of destruction. We pray in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, inventors of evil things, who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death." (Romans 1:28-32)
9. Florida Teens Produce: "Project Restoration" -- a stunning portrayal of the Hitler Youth Program - CHPP
Mikayla Goetz, who has been with Project Restoration since she was four is still pursuing her career. This past weekend her drama troupe from Rockledge High got "Best of Show" for their original pantomime.
The teenagers created the soundtrack, the choreography and the story. It is titled "Youthful Ignorance." And it is about the Hitler Youth Program. It is very powerful. Not only is it a reminder of piece of dark history but it is also a warning to us today!! This is a stunning portrayal. [To View this production, go here.]
- In this day of a culture that shows only confusion regarding truth and error, we praise the Lord for this report. By His Mighty Hand, He is sparing many youth from the destructive poison of the current culture . . . The youth working at David's Tent is another example of these fine saints of God. Pray for their protection, and ask our Lord, by His Spirit, to birth a hunger for TRUTH in all those in the next generation. Amen.
- "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." (Matthew 5:6)
10. Saudi Arabia in diplomatic shift away from old ally US - Telegraph UK
A bitter diplomatic row between US and Saudi Arabia has burst into the open in a development that could threaten one of the Middle East's core alliances and Washington's leadership in the region. The public rupture saw the head of Saudi intelligence declare that the kingdom was "scaling back" co-operation with the CIA over arming and training Syrian rebels and seeking alternate weapons suppliers to the United States. (Read more)
- Now we see the law of sowing and reaping coming into effect as the Obama administration reaps the fruit of its negligent actions in the Middle East. At times, the Lord will use the wicked to judge the good; and our once-great nation has now been judged by the Saudis. Pray in the Spirit over this report; only our wise God knows the outcome He desires to achieve in this shifting balance of power in the Middle East. Amen.
- "Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:27,28)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah" (Psalm 24:7-10)
1. Kerry: Israeli-Palestinian peace talks moving at 'increased intensity' - Ha'aretz
Qatar has agreed to provide $150 million in debt relief to the Palestinian Authority, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Monday as he announced that Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are intensifying.
2. IDF kills terror suspect after firefight in West Bank - Times of Israel
An active member of an Islamic extremist organization was killed in an early morning clash with Israeli special forces, not far from the village of Bil'in, west of Ramallah in the West Bank, Palestinian sources said Tuesday.
3. Ya'alon says third intifada not in the offing - Times of Israel
The recent uptick in terrorism in the West Bank is not the sign of a "popular uprising," Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said Tuesday after a tour of Hebron Central Command.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The righteous cry, and the LORD hears And delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
Indonesia: City Government Stands Behind Church Facing Protests - Jakarta Globe
City officials threw their support behind an embattled East Jakarta church as hard-line Islamists rallied against the house of worship in Cipayung, lobbing accusations that the building's renovation project lacked city permits.
An unknown group of hard-liners began to hang banners outside GPIB Pelita last Sunday in protest of the ongoing renovation of ageing sections of the building, Rev. A.H. Lowing said. The project is expected to wrap up this week.
"This is only renovating the broken parts, the structure of the building is not changing," Lowing said. "It will remain the same as it was when it was built in 1981. But then there was this protest and one of them came here. We explained to him that it is not the construction of a new building, only a renovation."
Cipayung subdistrict chief Iin Mutmainah dispatched local police to the site in anticipation of an announced rally by the city's hard-line groups. The protest never materialized, but local police and officials will continue to secure the church as the renovation work concludes.
"Hopefully there won't be any anarchy," Iin said. "The Lubang Buaya urban ward chief and the neighborhood unit chief have guaranteed the church's security. But if people want to hang banners and make a statement [in protest], that's their right as a citizen."
GPIB Pelita officials informed the local government of the planned work. Renovation projects like this do not require a building permit from the city, Iin said.
East Jakarta Mayor H.R. Krisdianto urged parties opposed to the church to submit their complaint through official channels. The unknown people behind the protest likely come from outside the community, the mayor said.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Tolerating corruption or living a blessed life
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
People can hold up their hands and shrug at the toleration of governmental corruption and fiscal irresponsibility by American citizens, but few are able to explain why. From my observations, it appears to me that the farther people fall away from knowing and understanding Biblical principles, which are "the laws of nature and of nature's God" as the founding fathers put it, the more likely the citizenry will tolerate corruption and downright stupidity. It is also directly related to what is preached in the pulpit and taught in the churches that causes a disconnect between reality and self preservation with the spiritual, when body, soul and spirit should be working together.
We were blessed with life from the Lord. We were blessed with the Holy Scriptures AND the Holy Spirit to assist us in living out our lives. We were told by Christ to be "witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8); "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15); and "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you (Matthew 28:19, 20)." We know that with our lives, we are to glorify God by spreading the gospel and making disciples.
It is a wonderful thing that the Lord has done. He has given us life, instruction on how to live it, and the commission to share him with others in making disciples. Your life, therefore, once given to the Lord, is not about you (although you must live it out), but about HIM. Its not about wealth and easy living. In fact, Christ tells the rich young ruler to sell everything he has and pick up his cross and follow him (Christ). Jesus knew it would be a difficult thing to do. So when you hear all this stuff being preached about your life, your blessing, your prophecy, your wealth, your new house, your checks in the mail, how He loves YOU, YOU might want to think about these things and what the real objective is.
So much of Christianity has been either preached into self-indulgence or taught that we are to have nothing to do with "politics" that we have become tolerant by our inaction. Many years of this has resulted in the disaster we are facing. We are instructed to make disciples. That can't happen through spiraling inwards on self indulgent pursuits. We have been given the gift of life and of life everlasting. There is much to be done living that life out. Living a blessed life is not easy street. It should have purpose--an outward purpose--of making disciples, spreading the good news, overcoming evil with good. If we were doing all those things, corruption and unaccountability would be far from us as a people. And perhaps fewer would hear in that day, "Depart from me, I never knew you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Update from the CPC Foundation: Part Two
Update from the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation: Part Two
1. Will Discrimination Cost Us Religious Freedom?
"The culture is currently trying to define the word discrimination for us and mandate certain actions and words as inherently discriminatory. For example, simply expressing a view of marriage that does not include homosexuals has now been labeled discriminatory . . ..What about religious rights in the battle to define discrimination?" (Engage Family Blog) Read more.
2. Protecting Religious Liberty in the Marriage Debate
"Bipartisan legislation was introduced in the House of Representatives that would prevent the federal government from discriminating against citizens and organizations who believe that marriage is the union of a man and a woman. The Marriage and Religious Freedom Act (H.R. 3133) was introduced by Representative Raul Labrador (R-ID) and over 60 other original co-sponsors from both political parties." Read Press Release.
Last action: 09/19/2013 Referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and in addition to the Committee on Ways and Means, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker. (The Heritage Foundation)
3. United States Appeals Hobby Lobby Decision
"The United States government asked the U.S. Supreme Court to take the Hobby Lobby case to determine whether the Green family will be required to provide and pay for life-terminating drugs and devices in violation of their religious beliefs. The government's appeal makes it highly likely that the Supreme Court will decide the issue in the upcoming term." (The Becket Fund)
4. Colorado Supreme Court Case Involving Constitutionality of Prayer Proclamations
"In May of 2012, a three-judge panel of the Colorado Court of Appeals ruled that annual Colorado Day of Prayer proclamations violate the state constitution. Rep. Doug Lamborn immediately sent a letter calling on Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper to appeal the decision and defend the prayer proclamations. Fourteen Members of Congress then sent a letter echoing Rep. Lamborn's call that the ruling be appealed. In June of 2012, Gov. Hickenlooper filed a petition asking the Colorado Supreme Court to reverse the lower court's decision. This case is now awaiting being heard by the Colorado Supreme Court." (The Congressional Prayer Caucus) Read more.
Please note: The Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation issues these weekly alerts to all who would like to receive them. The alerts also include issues at the state level, too.
You can sign up to join their mailng list by going here.
The Shakings in Israel
The Shakings in Israel
There have been four earth tremors in four days in Israel. They haven't been huge or even caused any damage-but they are making some uneasy. There are many faults in Israel, and tiny earthquakes are common here, though most cannot be felt by the general public. But last Thursday and then again on Saturday small quakes which could be felt rattled northern Israel. Sunday there were two more, centered near Nof Ginosar on the Sea of Galilee-3.6 on the Richter scale. A week ago, a much larger 6.4-magnitude quake near Crete was felt all the way into Israel. The four most recent tremors led Home Front Defense Minister Gilad Erdan to call an emergency status meeting of officials from the IDF Home Front Command and emergency services Sunday evening to discuss the readiness of Israel, should she be struck by a really powerful quake. Israel tried to evaluate this in a large Home Front drill a year ago-but since quake-resistant buildings have for the most part been built only since the Gulf War of 1990, it is assumed that such a quake would be disastrous.
UPDATE: Earthquake hits northern Israel for fifth time in a week
A mild earthquake hit northern Israel on Tuesday, marking the fifth quake in a week to hit areas near the Kinneret. The earthquake hit the north-western part of the Kinneret at 8:50 A.M. local time and registered a magnitude of 3.3 on the Richter scale. (Haaretz)
- That the Lord of Heaven and Earth would protect the land of Israel from devastating earthquakes. That if there is specific physical preparation to be done, that God will lead the authorities in getting it done ahead of time.
- That citizens here would take the shakings as a serious call to put away idols, and take account of what our trust is in. That Israelis would be led to place our trust in those things "which cannot be shaken."
- That we would praise His great and awesome name-for He is Holy.
- For believers in the Land, to have grace to "serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear."
Matthew 14:34-36 and Mark 6:53 tell of Yeshua (Jesus) and His disciples landing at a place on the Sea of Galilee also called Ginosar, "and when the men of that place recognized Him, they sent out into all that surrounding region, brought to Him all who were sick, and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfectly well."
Please pray that shakings at Ginosar will extend into the heavenlies-that the powers of hell will be shaken, and life and healing in the name of Yeshua the Messiah will be released again along the banks of the Sea of Galilee!
"The loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day. But the idols He shall utterly abolish. They shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, from the terror of the LORD and the glory of His majesty, when He arises to shake the earth mightily" (Isaiah 2:17-19).
"See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, 'Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.' Now this, 'Yet once more,' indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:25-29)
[Source: Prayer Update From Israel (October 21, 2013) Martin & Norma Sarvis, Jerusalem]
Good News from Iran!
Pastor Arrested in Iran Returned to US
Pastor Romero hopes to raise awareness about Christian prisoners Farshid Fathi, Saeed Abedini, Mostafa Bordbar and Alireza Seyyedian.
(Tehran, Iran)-Pastor Eddie Romero, who was arrested last Thursday outside Evin Prison for protesting the imprisonment of Pastor Saeed Abedini and others, will reportedly be sent back to the U.S.
The human rights activist had entered Iran from Turkey with a tour group when he broke away and began shouting "Let My people go" in Farsi in front of the prison.
According to several reports, Romero surrendered peacefully to authorities and was let go after authorities questioned and detained him.
Romero is a retired pastor from Hacienda Christian Fellowship in La Puente, California, and is currently a world religion and philosophy professor at Mount San Antonio College in Walnut. (CBN) Read more.
[Also reported by: Breaking Christian News]
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Holy Ghost Revival in Deadly, Crime-Infested Park
"A man in our church was in terrible condition. On Thursday we prayed for him. Later, the doctors took another ultrasound and found his liver to be perfectly healthy. They couldn't understand it!" -Pastor Daniel Day
(Wilmington, DE)-SkyPointe Church, a First Assembly of God congregation of about 100, isn't the first church to hold revival meetings in a park. But in Delaware, the sixth most dangerous state in the nation, and in Wilmington, its crime capitol, holding evening revivals in Judy Johnson Park, the most dangerous park in the city, was a risk few others have been willing to take.
They were conducted the weekend of September 27-29, and after effects are still being felt. Said Pastor Daniel Day, "You hear on the news about people being shot and raped in that park all the time, but the choice of location was really a matter of prayer. I drive by that park every day and couldn't get away from the feeling that God wanted us to be there."
"Some miraculous things took place during the week," he added. "People were set free. A man in our church was in terrible condition. On Thursday we prayed for him. Later, the doctors took another ultrasound and found his liver to be perfectly healthy. They couldn't understand it!"
Another event is already being planned, with a "full-fledged Dream Center" as a long term goal for the church. (Charisma News) Read more here.
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Worship With Us Today!
Be Unto Your Name
Robin Mark and Lynn DeShazo
Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the lamb who was slain
Highest praises, honor and glory
Be unto Your name, be unto Your name
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!