You're still invited!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
". . . everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(I Thessalonians 5:18)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. If Iran Can Get This Reactor Online, Israel May Not Be Able to Bomb It - Time
In the foreground of the nuclear talks between Iran and Western powers that got under way in Geneva this month were centrifuges, yellowcake and enriched uranium -- all elements of what Iran calls a peaceful nuclear-energy program and what the West worries is a route to a nuclear weapon. But Iran has also charted a second route, one that could produce fuel for a possible bomb not from highly enriched uranium but out of plutonium, a product of the heavy-water reactor nearing completion in the hills outside the city of Arak, 300 km (190 miles) southwest of Tehran. Heavy water is water with an extra neutron, useful in moderating a nuclear reaction. (Read more)
- God, we ask that Israel will have the unction from You regarding Your distinct timing of attack. We stand on the Word of God that Israel's enemies will not prosper nor are they able to defeat Israel. Put Your hand upon all that Iran and its allies are doing and defeat their purpose, weaken their ability to succeed. The Luciferian evil spirit whom they serve was defeated at the Cross of Jesus the Christ. Thus all their works were defeated also. In Jesus' Name, we ask this prayer, amen.
- "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" (Isaiah 14:12)
2. "Riots always begin typically the same way": Food stamp shutdown looms Friday - Salon
Food stamp recipients face a massive benefit cut set to kick in when stimulus funds expire Friday. The nationwide cut "is equivalent to about 16 meals a month for a family of three," according to a Center on Budget and Policy Priorities analysis using the USDA's "Thrifty Food Plan." CBPP called the roughly $5 billion annual cut to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program "unprecedented" in "depth and breadth." (Read more)
- Father in heaven, let Your woe come upon those who have implemented this nationwide cut in food provision. Rebuke the effects of the expiration of the stimulus funds. Provide food to the hungry, O God, in Your miraculous ways. The works of the robber shall be shaken and shall not rule over America. Reach out Your hand from heaven and supply the needs, my Father. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Behold, God is our salvation; we will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is our strength and our song; He is also become our salvation. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee." (Isaiah 12:2, 6)
3. Your share of the national debt is now $1.1 million - Rare
The public tends to focus on the total national debt, which just passed the $17 trillion mark -- up from $10.6 trillion when President Obama took office. But that figure pales in comparison to the federal government's long term unfunded liabilities -- money the government is obligated to pay over and above the revenues it is estimated to receive. According to the U.S. Debt Clock, total long term unfunded liabilities are at $126 trillion, a $1.1 million liability for each U.S. taxpayer. (Read more)
- Lord God, You have allowed the wickedness of evil men to sink America into this tremendous debt for Your definite divine purpose. You will receive all the glory in the end. Nothing is wasted. You are in total control of every halfpense of money known to man. The wisdom of God is beyond any wisdom of man and we lean upon our holy God to provide what is the blessed amount that we need from You, and thank You for it all. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "The Lord is my Shepherd; I will not lack. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23)
4. Docs resisting ObamaCare - NY Post
A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society finds that 44 percent of MDs said they are not participating in the nation's new health-care plan. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You give instructions from heaven to us regarding Your new health care plan and when you do, all the people in America will rejoice and be glad for Your provisions. Bring it about soon, Lord Jesus. In Your Name we pray, amen.
- "The meek shall eat and be satisfied; they shall praise the Lord that seek Him: your heart shall live forever. For the kingdom is the Lord's: and He is the governor among the nations." (Psalm 22:26,28)
5. Yellowstone's killer hazard: Earthquakes, not eruptions - NBC News
A supervolcano blasting Yellowstone National Park to smithereens may capture the imagination, but the region's real risk comes from earthquakes, researchers reported here Sunday at the Geological Society of America's annual meeting. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for all the people who live in that area to find Jesus Christ as Savior of their souls. Give them dreams and visions that will awaken their conscience to call out to God to save them. God, You made the earth and know when the earthquakes will come. Draw the people to You. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "For there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers (various) places." (Matthew 24:7)
6. FOCUS ON NSA SURVEILLANCE
a. Patriot Act author introduces bill to halt NSA snooping - Washington Times
The Republican author of the Patriot Act in the House and the senior Democrat in the Senate teamed together Tuesday to write a bill that would stop the National Security Agency's bulk collection of phone records and require a court order if the government wants to search through Americans' communications.
"Somewhere along the way, the balance between security and privacy was lost. It's now time for the judiciary committees to again come together in a bipartisan fashion to ensure the law is properly interpreted, past abuses are not repeated and American liberties are protected," said Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., the Wisconsin Republican who sponsored the Patriot Act in 2001, and has written the new bill along with Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the Vermont Democrat who is chairman of the SenateJudiciary Committee. (Read more)
b. White House OKd spying on allies, U.S. intelligence officials say - LA Times
The White House and State Department signed off on surveillance targeting phone conversations of friendly foreign leaders, current and former U.S. intelligence officials said Monday, pushing back against assertions that President Obama and his aides were unaware of the high-level eavesdropping. (Read more)
c. Europe mulls sanctions against US over spying - AP
The United States could lose access to an important law enforcement tool used to track terrorist money flows, German officials said Monday, as Europe weighed a response to allegations that the Americans spied on their closest European allies. (Read more)
- Holy God, it is a well-known fact that from time immemorial spying has been a way of life up to the highest level of diplomatic initiatives. And from time immemorial, all the nations have worked to hide their own surveillance of others in secrecy.
We ask You to forgive us for having violated the privacy of our own citizens, as well as that of the world's leaders, in our lust for power. We earnestly pray that our God will protect the United States from being tricked, ill-informed, or blinded to any and all destructive secretive work coming against us both internal and external. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone . . ." (John 8:7)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
". . . For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord." (Psalm 27:5,6)
1. PA refutes report saying Abbas has softened his stance on peace talks - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority on Tuesday denied claims that PA President Mahmoud Abbas has softened his opposition to an interim agreement with Israel.
2. Hamas, circa 2013, is in a lot of trouble - Times of Israel
The release of 26 Palestinian prisoners, which will begin Tuesday night, marks another small victory for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in his never-ending struggle with Hamas.
3. Thousands in Ramallah celebrate arrival of Palestinian prisoners - Times of Israel
Thousands of Palestinians gathered in Ramallah in the early hours of Wednesday morning to greet 21 prisoners released from Israeli custody to the West Bank as part of arrangements for the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. Five other Palestinian prisoners were released earlier in Gaza. All 26 were convicted murderers, most of them jailed for crimes committed before the 1993 Oslo Accords.
4. Israel arrests Hamas members in West Bank - AFP
Israel arrested 10 West Bank-based members of the Islamist movement Hamas overnight, the army said Monday, although Palestinian officials put the number at 15
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
". . . rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer . . ." (Romans 12:12)
Is Egypt Moving Closer to Religious Freedom Post-Morsi?- The Blaze
Just three months after the ousting of Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi, it appears Egyptian authorities are taking a big step toward protecting the freedom of worship for the nation's Christian community by lifting major restrictions on the construction of new churches.
Ahram Online reports that the committee working on amending the suspended 2012 constitution on Sunday adopted a transitional article that will nullify current restrictions on the construction of new churches. The 50-member committee adopted another article calling for "absolute freedom of belief" for all Egyptians.
To now, Christians - who comprise an estimated 10 to 15 percent of the population - have been required to obtain special presidential permits to construct or renovate churches. There is no parallel law regulating the construction of mosques.
International Christian Concern writes of the proposed amendment, "This development would mark a major change on Egypt's historical stance towards the construction of new churches and religious freedom. Please pray that this measure is written into law."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
Farm/Food Stamp Bill (Part Two)
On January 1, as part of the "Fiscal Cliff" deal, Congress passed another short-term extension of the Farm Bill until October. Meanwhile, the House and Senate have worked this year to craft competing 5-year bills. On June 10, the Senate passed a massive big government bill with bipartisan support (S.954). The 1150-page Senate bill costs $955 billion over 10 years and creates a new shallow loss program covering up to 90% of a farmer's income - on the taxpayer dime. Roughly 80% of the cost is related to food stamps. For good measure, this bill contains sugar subsidies, biofuels subsidies, and conservation programs.
On June 20, the House attempted to pass a full five-year farm bill that cut an extra $36 billion from food stamps, but actually spent more money on farm subsidies (total cost was about $940 billion). Both versions eliminated direct payments, but introduced several new price target and crop insurance programs, which can be more costly. Conservatives rebelled against leadership and defeated the bill.
Later in July, the House split the bill into two parts and passed an agriculture-only bill, which essentially reflected the same priorities of the original House bill. However, that bill made all of the new farm subsidy programs and the old sugar subsidy program permanent law, not subject to change when the other components of the bill expire in 5 years. This is very concerning to conservatives.
Where things stand:
Now that the House and Senate are headed to conference, food stamps will be added back into the bill, thereby obviating the entire benefit of the original House approach. Most of the debate during conference will revolve around the levels of food stamp spending - whether to spend roughly $765 billion or $730 billion extrapolated over 10 years. Either way, this is a big increase from the last Farm Bill.
Here are some other things conservatives should watch for in the coming weeks:
- The Milk Cliff: Pursuant to a draconian 1949 law, every time we fail to renew expiring farm programs, the government must begin imposing price controls on milk by decreasing supplies through massive purchases of milk, butter, cheese, and other dairy products. In this case, the quotas will take effect on January 1. There is simply no justification for this antiquated law, and it is only used as a Washington-style crisis threat in order to leverage more spending. Republicans must demand permanent repeal of this law.
- Severing Food Stamps from farm programs: When the House adopted the resolution to go to conference on September 28, they employed a useful tactic to ensure that food stamps and farm programs are permanently severed. The duration of the farm programs (H.R. 2642) was set for 5 years, while the food stamp part (H.R. 3102) of the bill is set to expire in just three years. Conservatives must not support any conference report that fails to sever the ties between food stamps and agriculture.
- Permanent law: We will hear a lot of whining about the cuts to food stamps, but the bill also contains a number of new farm subsidy programs. Conservatives must make sure that none of these new programs are allowed to become permanent law and are subject to re-authorization with the expiration of this bill.
- Food Stamp Reform: The only way to address the skyrocketing cost of food stamps is to structurally reform the program. At present, the federal government creates a perverse dis-incentive for states to wean residents off the program. It also fails to encourage employment as a means of working towards upward mobility. Conservatives should not support a deal that does not address the work requirements, eligibility standards, and attempt to shift more responsibility back to the states.
The Daily Jot
Prophetic Judgment or Justice?
(Published on Monday, Oct. 28, 2013)
get a lot of emails suggesting that the United States is under God's judgment for turning away from him. On the surface, I might agree. But a careful study of the scriptures might suggest otherwise. In a sense, if we are using the word "judgment" to describe the Lord's pulling away of direct blessing that America has experienced throughout its history, we might be able to make it fit. It may seem like judgment to some, but is it judgment or justice? Is it God judging the United States or is it God being just? Are we suffering from judgment or are we suffering the just consequences of a nation whose people have turned from God?
Revelation 6:9,10 says of the Lord, "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, doest thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?" Chapter 8 begins with "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour." Then there were seven trumpets with seven corresponding horrors released onto the inhabitants of earth. Chapter 16 begins, "And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."
The Lord returns to earth in Chapter 19 and verse 15 says, "And out of his mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treaded the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God." Chapter 20, verse 12 says, "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the gooks, according to their works...and they were judged every man according to their works...And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Now, THAT's judgment. It is something that neither the earth nor the United States has ever experienced. Think about how bad things can get before that happens. Psalm 33:12 says, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." That tells me that a nation, whose God is not the Lord, may not be blessed. Jesus said in Matthew 5:45, "That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." We all get pretty uncomfortable when we are suffering the consequences of our nation turning away from God. It doesn't have to be this way. We as a people can rise up, and overcome evil with good. But will we?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Senate Holds Hearing on UN Disabilities Treaty
Senate to hold hearing on UN Disabilities Treaty
on November 5-urgent calls needed!
Dear HSLDA Members and Friends,
Last year, your grassroots activism defeated the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). But this treaty has returned. We have been told that the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a new hearing on the treaty on Tuesday, November 5. We believe that this hearing marks the start of an aggressive push to ratify this dangerous UN treaty.
The CRPD surrenders U.S. sovereignty to unelected UN bureaucrats and will threaten parental care of children with disabilities. Our nation already has laws to protect Americans with disabilities. This treaty is unnecessary and will hurt families by giving bureaucrats the power to decide what is in the best interests of a child with disabilities, not the child's parents.
All 100 U.S. Senators, and especially the Senators on the Foreign Relations Committee, need to hear loud and clear that the United States must not surrender our freedom to the United Nations.
Even if your Senators are not on the Committee, please take a moment to call their office right now. Your message can be as simple as the following:
"I urge you to oppose the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. This treaty surrenders U.S. sovereignty to unelected UN bureaucrats and will threaten parental care of children with disabilities. Our nation already has laws to protect Americans with disabilities. This treaty is unnecessary and will hurt families by giving bureaucrats the power to decide what is in the best interests of a child with disabilities, not the child's parents."
You can reach your Senators by calling the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121.
You defeated the CRPD last year. We can do it again. Please call right now and please also forward this email to your friends. You can visit HSLDA's action page here to learn more about the CRPD, and you can read the text of the CRPD here.
J. Michael Smith, Esq.
Home School Legal Defense Association
P.O. Box 3000
Purcellville, Virginia 20134-9000
Phone: (540) 338-5600
Fax: (540) 338-2733
> > > To find a list of the members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee go here. [Right sidebar]
Obama Lied, People Cried
Obama Lied, People Cried
For weeks the media ignored the victims of Obamacare while continuing to spotlight victims of the government shutdown. It took them a while, but now reporters have finally realized there is a huge story to cover here.
Yesterday, Lisa Myers of NBC News reported the following: "Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, '40 to 67 percent' of customers will not be able to keep their policy."
Translation: The Obama Administration knew in July 2010 that millions of Americans would lose the insurance and doctors they currently have. Yet Obama repeatedly promised the exact opposite.
In June of 2009, Obama said, "We will keep this promise to the American people. If you like your doctor you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period." Watch him here.
Terri Flay of Manassas, Virginia, who is losing her current health insurance policy, said, "I keep playing that over and over in my head: that you can keep your health plan, period. But it isn't 'period.' They put a gun to my head saying that I have to pay more."
Any moment now I expect White House Press Secretary Jay Carney to say that Obama had no idea the regulations were causing millions of people to lose healthcare plans they liked. If he tries that, it would only add insult to injury. No cabinet secretary would let a president misstate facts to the American people over and over again. Her job would be on the line, and rightly so.
The truth is clear. The president lied repeatedly and now millions of Americans are learning the truth -- they cannot keep their current insurance plans. (Source: Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Egyptians Turning to Christ Despite Violence, Persecution
"Until now, they find difficulty for security reason to join local churches, so they meet underground in a secret way. They worship the Lord together, and they're growing."
(Egypt)-Pro Islamist president Mohamed Morsi supporters took to the streets over the weekend. Thousands took part in the protests in Alexandria, Suez, and other cities calling for Morsi to be reinstated and urging military leader General Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi to step aside.
According to an I.N.Network worker we'll call David, these protests put his family at risk. David says protestors surrounded his home for 50 days a few months ago. "They consider the area as a holy place, and they try to come back to the area again and again. So the police and the army surround the area. Every Friday there a big group of the Muslim Brotherhood: they try to come back, and they fight with the army and police."
While David and his family have had to leave their home for a time, they are safe.
Since the Muslim Brotherhood took power, Christians have been the targets of violence. Once the government was sacked, Christians had hoped that would change. But, David says, it didn't. "They are still creating troubles and problems. The last two months they've gotten very crazy. They want to destroy the country. They attack many churches. More than 80 churches have been burned. Many Christians have been killed."
David says that's why I.N.Network has established an emergency fund to help survivors of the violence. "Winter is approaching in Egypt. And many families-especially in the south-don't have enough clothes. They need blankets, so we're doing a project to distribute blankets."
While the violence has been difficult, David says there is good news. "Churches are united together. And, the spirit of prayer is happening in all the churches. People are praying all the time."
The response to the violence against burned churches has also been remarkable. Christians posted signs on their burned out churches the read, "'You burned our church, but we love you.' So it's a great message of forgiveness. This makes many Muslims discover the reality of Christianity, and many of them come to know Jesus."
While Muslims are turning, that's creating another problem. "Until now, they find difficulty for security reason to join local churches, so they meet underground in a secret way. They worship the Lord together, and they're growing."
As Muslims come to Christ, they're uniquely qualified to share the Gospel. "The easiest way to reach Muslims is through converted Muslims," says David.
While David isn't praying for more persecution, he's excited about the Holy Spirit working. "It's always like this. When there is pressure over the churches, the Holy Spirit is working and many people are coming to know Jesus as Savior." (Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
Lily of the valley,
let your sweet aroma fill my life;
Rose of Sharon show me,
how to grow in beauty in God's sight.
Fairest of ten thousand,
make me a reflection of Your light.
Daystar shine down on me.
Let Your love shine through me in the night.
You're Still Invited!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners is proud to host:
"An Evening with Dr. Suuqiina"
Teaching on: "A HEBRAIC APPROACH TO THE BIBLE"
Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
The following message is from Eric Teitelman, House of David Ministries and a member of the Board of Directors of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners.
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ:
Many of you may have met or heard of Dr. Suuqiina, our amazing Native American friend who teaches the Hebraic roots of the Bible. I remember the first time I listened to Dr. Suuquiina about four years ago at Whole Word Fellowship Church in Oakton. Now keep in mind that I grew up in Israel and studied the Old Testament scriptures in Hebrew. You would think that I would know the stuff he teaches, but let me tell you, a gift from the Lord is a gift from the Lord. His understanding of the Hebrew root dialect is beyond anything I have ever encountered. You just have to experience his teachings to believe them. We are blessed and highly favored of the LORD to welcome this mighty man of God into our midst that evening. Come and enjoy a time of WORSHIP as Suuqiina leads us in song with Native American instruments, and then offers another teaching from (and about) the Hebrew language.
Many blessings to you, in Christ Yeshua,
Eric M. Teitelman
House of David Ministries
Church on the Rock
14310 Sully Field Circle, Suite #350
Chantilly, VA 20151
November 2, 2013
DIRECTIONS TO CHURCH ON THE ROCK:
Take I-66 west to Rte. 28, north. Exit on Rt. 50 east.
Go to first stoplight (a SHORT distance!) to Sully Field Road.
Turn RIGHT onto Sully Field Road; then take your FIRST RIGHT onto Sully Field Circle.
Look for the sign for Gold's Gym and turn right into that area. Go to the end of the driveway;
Turn LEFT. You will see the church, halfway down that parking lot, on the left.