Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Monday, October 28, 2013
". . . everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(I Thessalonians 5:18)
To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
To read the Bible Study readings, go here.
Submitted by Susan L. Turner
The Daily Brief
1. Democratic Senators Pen Letter to Obama, UN Opposing Arms Trade Treaty - TownHall.com
Though Secretary of State John Kerry signed the UN Arms Trade Treaty in September, there are positive signs that the treaty will be dead on arrival in the Senate. Last week Sens. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., and Joe Manchin, D-W.V., released a bipartisan letter opposing the treaty, which was signed by 48 of their colleagues. And on Tuesday, four Democratic Senators sent a letter to President Obama, Kerry and the UN stating that the small arms treaty would not be ratified. (Read more)
-Father, we come before Your throne asking for You to download Your wisdom and direction to these senators who are opposing this signing by John Kerry of this UN treaty. We ask You to abide in the midst of this entire process, so that it is worked out as You would have it be done. Help these Senators, Lord, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34)
2. Did Obama know? Report: President knew of NSA spying on Merkel, OK'd it - Fox News
President Barack Obama knew of the organization's spying on German Chancellor Angela Merkel - and approved of the efforts, a National Security Agency official has reportedly told a German newspaper. The Economic Times writes the "high-ranking" NSA official spoke to Bild am Sonntag on the condition of anonymity, saying the president, "not only did not stop the operation, but he also ordered it to continue." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we need Your intervention so that our elected officials will understand the possible repercussions and long term destructive effects of our illegal surveillance of foreign governmental leaders. This surveillance appears to have created much anger and distrust of our nation by other nations. Help us Lord! We ask You to arise and be in the midst of these actions. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity; there is none who does good." (Psalm 53:1 )
3. Armed agents seize records of reporter, Washington Times prepares legal action - Washington Times
Maryland state police and federal agents used a search warrant in an unrelated criminal investigation to seize the private reporting files of an award-winning former investigative journalist for The Washington Times who had exposed problems in the Homeland Security Department's Federal Air Marshal Service.
Reporter Audrey Hudson said the investigators, who included an agent for Homeland's Coast Guard service, took her private notes and government documents that she had obtained under the Freedom of Information Act during a predawn raid of her family home on Aug. 6. The documents, some which chronicled her sources and her work at the Times about problems inside the Homeland Security Department, were seized under a warrant to search for unregistered firearms and a "potato gun" suspected of belonging to her husband, Paul Flanagan, a Coast Guard employee. Mr. Flanagan has not been charged with any wrongdoing since the raid.
The warrant, obtained by the Times, offered no specific permission to seize reporting notes or files. The Washington Times said Friday it is preparing legal action to fight what it called an unwarranted intrusion on the First Amendment. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this article states that using a search warrant directed for an entirely different concern was used to remove from this reporter's home confidential information involved with her work, which endangers those listed plus her job and the paper involved, the Washington Times. The stated concern in the warrant was not found or acted upon. Father, we ask You to bring forth truth and integrity into our nation again. Keep Your warrior angels around this family and be in the midst of this legal case. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The righteousness of the blameless will direct his way aright, but the wicked will fall by his own wickedness." (Proverbs 11:5)
4. Revealed: Michelle Obama's Princeton classmate tied to Obamacare - Daily Mail UK
The Obama administration has been accused of cronyism after it was revealed the First Lady's Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company contracted to build the beleaguered Obamacare enrollment website. Toni Townes-Whitley is senior vice president at CGI Federal, the US. arm of a Canadian company, which won the no-bid $93M contract for the problem-plagued website. Earlier this month, Washington Examiner reported the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare and Medicaid handed CGI Obamacare account without putting the contract out to competitive tender. It has since been revealed four companies submitted bids, but only CGI was considered. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, governmental contracts by law are supposed to consider all submitted bids. However it appears that the awarding of this huge contract did not follow the law. There were four bids submitted but only one reviewed and considered. The article gives the impression that 'favoritism' was involved. Rise up, Lord, and extend Your right arm to direct whomever should review this and obtain answers as to how this contract was awarded. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Whoever rewards evil for good, evil will not depart from his house."
5. Company behind Obamacare website in charge of nearly $2 billion in Sandy relief - Daily Caller
CGI Federal Inc., the mastermind behind healthcare.gov, is assisting the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the distribution of $1.7 billion in relief for Hurricane Sandy.
In a memo obtained by FreedomWorks titled, "Minutes of the 295th meeting of the members of the Housing Trust Fund Corporation held on May 9, 2013, at 8:30 a.m.," CGI Federal is tasked with implementing the Disaster Housing Assistance Program. Additionally, they are asked to aid in the implementation of the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program, an assistance program that had recently obtained $1.7 billion.
Nearly a year after the devastating storm, a majority of the 24,000 families that have requested monetary assistance have yet to receive a penny from the federal aid package. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, the same company who was awarded the huge healthcare contract was also awarded the distribution of relief money from Hurricane Sandy. It is a year later and a majority of families requesting relief money have not received responses to their requests. Lord, we rise up decree that that all the hidden works and dark agendas of this company will be exposed and shut down. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "When the wicked spring up like grass, and when all the workers of iniquity flourish, it is that they may be destroyed forever." (Psalm 92:7)
6. Lawmakers: Sebelius failed at government website projects prior to serving in Obama administration - Daily Caller
Obama administration Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' failure at designing websites to provide government services began during her term as governor of Kansas, long before the Obamacare website debacle, Kansas political insiders told The Daily Caller.Sebelius oversaw numerous costly and disastrous government website projects during her six-year governorship (2003-2009), including a failed update of the Department of Labor's program to provide unemployment pay and other services and similar updates pertaining to the Department of Administration and the state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services.
Whether or not President Obama knew about Sebelius' website track record when he put her in charge of overseeing the Obamacare website remains unclear. "When you consider that Obamacare is the pinnacle of president Obama's presidential career, why would he not have been informed?," Brownlee said. "Why is it that the private sector can do these projects and do them in a timely way and they work and government can't?" (Read more)
- Abba Father, we bring the information from this article before Your throne of grace. We ask that You will rise up and cause the hidden reasons and agendas to come forth into Your brilliant light for all to see as to why a person who had failed a number of times in heading up development of governmental websites was chosen to implement this massive healthcare law. We ask You to cause Your will to come forth, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The righteous is delivered from trouble, and it comes to the wicked instead." (Proverbs 11:8)
7. Tea Partyers Join Capitol Hill Anti-Snooping March - Newsmax
Protesters marched on Capitol Hill in Washington on Saturday to protest the U.S. government's online surveillance programs, whose vast scope was revealed this year by former spy agency contractor Edward Snowden. People carried signs reading: "Stop Mass Spying," "Thank you, Edward Snowden" and "Unplug Big Brother" as they gathered at the foot of the Capitol to demonstrate against the online surveillance by the National Security Agency. Estimates varied on the size of the march, with organizers saying more than 2,000 attended. U.S. Capitol Police said they do not typically provide estimates on the size of demonstrations. (Read more)
- Lord, may those who were elected by the citizens of this nation understand this protest and act upon it. This surveillance gathering is extremely intrusive, so Father, expose all hidden plans and have the truth come forward as to why such excessive amount of 'spying' is being done. In Jesus' Name we ask, Amen and Amen.
- "Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Psalm 61:1-2 )
8. Report: NSA site down in suspected cyberattack - Daily Caller
On the eve of a major anti-surveillance protest against the National Security Agency in Washington, D.C., hacktivists are claiming to have engaged in their own digital protest against the agency. The NSA's website , NSA.gov, was the target of a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack on Friday that took the site offline for several hours, RT reports. A DDoS attack overwhelms a website's servers with Internet traffic in an attempt to crash the site. (Read more)
- Abba Father, have mercy on us! This data site has assembled massive personal information on both US citizens and people abroad, including leaders in other nations. This is a very serious breach for individuals and for our nation. Security and privacy of access are key needs. Father, rise up and confront all threats being done here, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "In You, O Lord, I put my trust; let me never be put to shame." (Psalm 71:1)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
". . . For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord." (Psalm 27:5,6)
The source for all headlines below is "For Zion's Sake Ministries"
1. ISIS estimates Iran could build a nuclear bomb within a month
Iran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to build a nuclear bomb within a month, USA Today reported on Thursday, citing a report by the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS). "Shortening breakout times have implications for any negotiation with Iran," the report stated. "Breakout" time is the time require to convert low-enriched uranium to weapons-grade.
2. Ex-Mossad Head: Obama Spies on Us, Too
It is very likely that American spy agencies are listening in on Israeli leaders' phone calls, as they are accused of having done in Germany and dozens of other countries, former Mossad head Danny Yatom told Maariv/nrg. "It could very well be that it happened here, too, because when the Americans think they need to listen in on someone, that's what they do," he stated. The White House is probably particularly interested in hearing what Israeli leaders say about regional issues that America is involved in.
3. Abbas: No to Israeli Presence in the Jordan Valley
In his latest attack of Israel, Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas warned on Tuesday that Israel would be to blame if ongoing peace talks collapsed over its demand to keep military forces in the Jordan Valley. "We will not accept it, and if they (the talks) collapse, they (Israelis) will be the reason for the collapse, not us," Abbas was quoted by AFP as having told the Baltic News Service during a visit to Lithuania.
4. Peres: Israel more powerful than meets the eye
Anyone who seeks to harm Israel should know it is more powerful than meets the eye, President Shimon Peres said Tuesday during a visit to the Palmahim Air Force base. Commenting on the IAF's hidden strength, and hinting to Iran and other enemies of Israel, Peres said: "The full power of the army and the air force is not visible to the naked eye, but anyone who is disdainful of Israel and plans to attack us, should take this into account."
5. Galilee: Fifth Quake in a Week
An earthquake measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale took place Tuesday in northern Israel, according to the Israel Geophysical Institute. It is the fifth quake in the Galilee in less than a week. The quake was centered at a depth of two kilometers, beneath the Sea of Galilee (Kinneret). Two quakes were felt in the same area on Sunday, near Tverya (Tiberias), raising fears that a significant geological event was in the offing. Sunday's quakes followed one that occurred early Saturday morning . . .
6. Barkat Re-elected in Jerusalem
Despite a relatively low voter turnout in Israel's municipal elections, preliminary results have found that the mayors of Israel's three largest cities - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Haifa - have been re-elected for another five years. In Jerusalem, Nir Barkat polled 51% of votes in Jerusalem defeating Moshe Lion who received 45% of votes. Lion was supported by Yisrael Beytenu chairman MK Avigdor Lieberman and Shas chairman MK Aryeh Deri. The voter turnout at hareidi-religious neighborhoods in Jerusalem was about 70% and in secular neighborhoods it was about 30-50%.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
". . . rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer . . ." (Romans 12:12)
Cuba--Pastor Under House Arrest
Pastor Yiorvis Bravo Denis, 28, is currently under house arrest along with other members of the Apostolic Reform Church in Camaguey. The Cuban government is seeking to evict Pastor Yiorvis from his house, which also serves as a house church. He received the house from his uncle, Omar Gude Perez, a national leader of the Apostolic Movement who was sentenced to six and a half years in prison in 2008 and prevented from leaving Cuba until 2013, when he received asylum in the United States.
Pastor Yiorvis assumed his uncle's leadership of the church in Camaguey. Authorities have threatened church members, and since Oct. 5 state security, police and Communist Party members have surrounded the house, shouting slogans and curses at the believers. (Voice of the Martyrs)
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Kansas High School Students Hope to Inspire Nationwide Pro-Life Rally
They will rise before the sun, pack up a few cars - which their parents and teachers will drive - and travel for more than three hours. After that, they will gather outside a Wichita facility and pray that those entering the building will have a change of heart.
"Remaining silent is like shutting off a life," said Hannah Smith, a senior at St. John's Catholic School in Beloit, Kan. Smith belongs to a pro-life group at the school that stands outside abortion sellers and participates in peaceful protests.
This year, the students are taking it a step further. They are planning the Catholic School Life Rally, which will take place Dec. 6 - hopefully across the country. Students at St. John's are asking faith-based schools to pray outside such facilities in their hometowns and cities. (CitizenLink) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
I will talk to my brothers
I will talk to my brothers about God my Father,
together we'll sing His praises.
I will talk to my brothers about God my Father,
together we'll sing His praises.
Together we will sing His praises - Hallelujah
Together we will sing His praises - Hallelujah.
Worship Him in Glory!
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!