Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
"I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting . . ." (I Timothy 2:8)
The Daily Brief
While up to 800,000 federal workers faced life without a paycheck as Day One of the government shutdown kicked in, Democrats and Republicans persisted in talking past each other without actually talking to each other to end the nation's latest fiscal crisis.
- Lord God, there is a real foe here who is a subtle, compact organization of individuals, highly endowed intellectually and who are world-rulers of darkness that are calling the shots against the United States to destroy us, and other nations also. So God, from the power of the Cross, first we ask You to forgive each one, for they know not what they do. And next, we raise our voices in prayer and rebuke all these evil powers, and bind each one under the power of the Blood of Jesus, and ask that You pull them back that they cannot preempt what our God has written in His Word. Scatter their efforts that they fall, and cause our leaders to bring forth a bill that will fund our government, without funding Obamacare. We ask this in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
- "Their strength shall be hunger-bitten, and destruction shall be ready at his side. It shall devour the strength of his skin: even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength. His roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off." (Job 18:12,13,16)
2. John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now - USA Today
The president isn't telling the whole story when it comes to the government shutdown. The fact is that Washington Democrats have slammed the door on reopening the government by refusing to engage in bipartisan talks. And, as stories across the country highlight the devastating impact of Obamacare on families and small businesses, they continue to reject our calls for fairness for all Americans.
- Father God, destroy the evil at the root of our government by Your swift hand of cancellation of the government shutdown. You, Lord, open the doors so that business can continue to carry on and help the American people. Father, today uncover the truth about Obamacare and reveal that it has been destroyed in the hands of the Lord, when You turned it to sawdust. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "Arise, O Lord, in Your anger, lift up yourself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that You have commanded." (Psalm 7:6)
3. Shutdown is nothing: Debt ceiling debacle could be ugly - NBC News
Tuesday's government shutdown could be just the warm-up act. The failure by Congress on Monday to renew the federal budget into a new fiscal year is expected to be followed in a few weeks -- no one knows exactly when -- by an even more dangerous stalemate over raising the government's borrowing authority.
- Father God, move Congress to do what is necessary regarding renewing the federal budget and do it quickly. God we cry out to You to take control over the government's borrowing authority. We call for Your divine intervention in these matters because you know exactly what is hidden and what is corrupt that lies beneath the surface. Reveal the truth. In the Name of Jesus we ask.
- "He that hides hatred with lying lips, and he that utters a slander, is a fool. The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted." (Proverbs 10:18)
4. 'The system is down': Obamacare glitches go public, reasons unclear - Reuters
Blank boxes where security questions are supposed to appear. Pleas to "be patient." Error messages galore. Notices that "the system is busy right now." Web pages timing out before they load. Garbled lines of text riddled with stray question marks.
- Father God, this is where the revelation of the real situation about Obamacare is coming to light. The Lord destroyed it two plus years ago and turned it to sawdust as it fell through his hands onto the floor between his feet. And let truth be known: what God has destroyed can never be put back together by the useless works of man. This monster is dead from the roots up by the power of God. In Jesus Name.
- "And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness and greed shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not." (II Peter 2:2-3)
5. Fast and Furious lawsuit can proceed, judge tells Obama administration - Washington Times
A federal judge ruled Monday evening that the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee could indeed proceed with a lawsuit against the Justice Department to access certain Fast and Furious documents.
- Father God, we praise You, for You have pierced the heart of this judge to allow this lawsuit to proceed. We ask for a just and righteous decision to come forth in this case, in Your Name, amen.
- "By terrible things in righteousness will You answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea." (Psalm 65:6)
6. Netanyahu Throws Down Gauntlet During Riveting UN Speech - Newsmax; Fox News
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Tuesday speech before the United Nations in which he said Israel is willing to stand alone to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons was a "blistering, paint-peeling attack" on President Barack Obama, says The Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes. Appearing on Fox News Channel's "Special Report with Bret Baier," Hayes said the speech clearly indicated that Netanyahu didn't get an offer of support when he met with President Barack Obama at the White House on Monday.
"Israel will not allow Iran to get nuclear weapons," Netanyahu told the U.N. General Assembly in New York. "If Israel is forced to stand alone, Israel will stand alone." Fellow panelist Charles Krauthammer added, "The Israelis now understand they are alone in the world like the Czechs in 1938, and that's how they see it. And they will not allow themselves to go the way of Czechoslovakia."
To read Fox News report, go here.
To read the Newsmax report, go here.
To read the entire transcript of P.M. Netanyahu's speech, go here.
- Almighty heavenly Father, above all it is the God of heaven who will stand with Israel for You have promised to protect them forever. Israel is never alone. Their God goes with them wherever they go. It is their God who fights their enemies and woe be to the people who would plan to destroy them. Move out into the open, Father God, where all the nations can see Your majesty and strength to always stand with Israel. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Ah Lord God! behold, You have made the heaven and the earth by Your great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for You. And have brought forth Your people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with great terror." (Jeremiah 32:17,21)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever puts his trust in YHWH shall be safe." (Proverbs 29:25)
1. Israelis and Palestinians aim to negotiate a 'final' peace deal after positive talks - UK Telegraph
Israelis and Palestinians have agreed to intensify peace talks aimed at reaching a final agreement, not an interim accord, US Secretary of State John Kerry has announced.
2. Al-Qaeda Battles for Control on Israel's Border - Arutz Sheva
One of the largest terrorist groups operating in the Sinai Peninsula has joined Al-Qaeda.
3. Netanyahu hold hours-long meetings with Biden and Kerry - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spent over four hours in meetings with top Obama administration officials on Monday, including Vice President Joseph Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry and special envoy to the Middle East peace process Martin Indyk.
4. Netanyahu: Israel wants diplomacy to succeed, will stand alone against Iran if needed - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the UN on Tuesday, calling on the world to keep up the pressure on Iran, including sanctions, and explaining why the regime cannot be trusted. "Israel will stand alone if it needs to," he told the General Assembly.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners as if chained with them-those who are mistreated-since you yourselves are in the body also." (Hebrews 13:3)
Death Toll Rises As Christians in Pakistan Recover from Last Week's Suicide Bombing - Worthy News
ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN (Worthy News)- Coming on the heels of a murderous attack by militant Islamists on an upscale mall in Nairobi, Kenya, a pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up outside the entrance of an historic Anglican church nestled within the walled city of Peshawar, Pakistan on Sunday, January 22, just as services were ending, killing 78 Christians and wounding more than 100 others.
According to Reuters, dual explosions rocked All Saints just as hundreds of parishioners were leaving the church. Almost immediately, the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan Jundullah claimed responsibility for the attack.
"They are the enemies of Islam, therefore we target them," said Jundullah spokesman Ahmed Marwat. "We will continue our attacks on non-Muslims on Pakistani land."
Some of the Christians - who compose only four percent of Pakistan's 180 million Sunni Muslims - burned tires in the streets of Peshawar to protest the lack of security around the church.
Similar protests by other Christians were also reported in Karachi and Multan.
The New York Times reports that the death toll has now risen to 85 after two suicide bombers rushed the church doors as worshipers were leaving All Saints after service; one attacker exploded his vest inside the entrance, the other just outside.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Day Two Of The Apocalypse
Day Two Of The Apocalypse
From yesterday's hysterical media coverage, you would have thought a government shutdown meant the end of the world. Well, the government shut down yesterday and the sun still came up this morning. Life for virtually every American continued as normal. Meanwhile, House Republicans are doing just about everything they can to keep the government open.
Before the shutdown, the House and Senate passed a bill to make sure our soldiers would be paid. And Obama signed it. So, Republicans are trying this approach with other government agencies too -- passing funding bills for individual departments like Veterans Affairs. But Obama and Senate Democrats have rejected this approach.
Try this experiment tonight: Watch the evening news and see if the fact that House Republicans are trying to keep the government open, and that it is Obama and Senate Democrats who are keeping it shut down, is explained at all.
If you listen to Rush Limbaugh, watch Fox News or read materials like this daily report, you know the truth. Regrettably, most Americans do not watch Fox or listen to Rush. Most Americans -- no doubt including many of your friends and family members -- won't know, as Speaker Boehner insisted, that "Obama owns this shutdown."
Obama, Democrats and their liberal media allies claim that it's the "uncompromising, extremist Republicans" who are shutting down the government. In reality, Republicans have made five attempts now to fund the government and keep it open.
It is Democrats who are refusing to compromise on Obamacare. In fact, the Democrats are so uncompromising they are even defending Obamacare's individual mandate and the special exemption from Obamacare that Barack Obama gave to members of Congress -- both of which are extremely unpopular. (Gary Bauer)
The Daily Jot
How you can defund socialized healthcare
I have received a lot of emails in response to my declaration that I am a conscientious objector to the government's socialized healthcare. Many question how to defund it. First, folks you have to determine one very important thing: Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey God rather than men." And you need to reconcile that with errant teachings on Romans 13 on submitting to all higher powers even if they are evil. Once you have made that determination and understand that government is not God; government has no place in your personal life decisions; government cannot replace God; we as citizens have a say over government. It serves us, not the other way around. Then you can make this unjust law obsolete.
The overreaching fact here is that socialized healthcare is not about healthcare, it is about control of the people. Once the government has control over your life/death decisions, you are going to bow to it in the voting booth, your political prayer closet. The base of socialism and communism is that government replaces God and religion is a crutch for the weak. Jesus said in Matthew 6:31-33, "Therefore take no thought, saying What shall we eat? Or What shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?...for your heavenly Father knows that you have need of these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and these things shall be added unto you."
Some facts that the socialists and communists don't want you to know: The IRS and Congress are exempt, as are a healthy list of the president's contributors and supporters. This is arbitrary--if the king gives you an exemption, you have it. I serve no king, but Jesus. Penalties for not participating are the higher of 1% of your family income or $285 in 2013 and it maxes out at the higher of 2.5% of family income or $2,085 in 2016. Participating in the government mandate will cost you upwards of 8% of your family income. If you are 19-36, you will pay over $5,000 a year even though you won't use it because the government wants you to foot the biggest chunk of the costs. Fair? God?
It is logical that if you do not want to participate, just pay the tax and perhaps it will collapse in the next three years. Or say that you religiously object and wait it out. That will have consequences. You can also choose alternatives while they are still available. You may be able to participate in a religious health care sharing group or receive a tax break for being self-employed or a small business. However, the information is very sketchy on this right now. Currently, you couldn't sign up if you wanted to because the government website can't even take your order. The exchanges are all dysfunctional. Government playing God never works smoothly. . .
The government is not God. This is not about healthcare, but about control. Take your time. Study your options. For me, we will not participate. If enough of us take this approach, we may succeed in defunding it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Reinhard Bonnke, Evangelists Continue Strong Belief in Salvation for America
"The altars were full . . . the simple Gospel message was so powerful."
(Orlando, FL)-Steve Strang, founder of Charisma Magazine, says the declaration on the September issue of the magazine, "America Shall be Saved" was a prophetic word that was a result of covering Reinhard Bonnke's Christ for All Nations event in conjunction with the Billy Graham organization.
Says Strang: "As journalists, we sense something is happening-something others may not see because, on the surface, it seems the Church is losing ground at every turn -- [yet] then a 73-year-old German evangelist who has been declaring for decades that "Africa shall be saved" is now saying that about America."
Strang goes on to talk about Graham's Good News crusade in Orlando and other cities throughout the nation and notes that "this may be the difference-individual Christians are getting involved and inviting their friends."
The Good News Crusade in Orlando encouraged Strang because, he said, "it was the greatest evangelistic outreach we've had in Orlando since Billy Graham held a crusade in the 1980's. The meetings were anointed, organized, and high-tech in terms of presentation. Yet, there was a humility on the part of the leaders that was refreshing. I'm not sure what I expected, but the meetings exceeded my expectations."
(Charisma; Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an awesome God
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!