Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
". . . everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(I Thessalonians 5:18)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Iran Announces 34 New Nuke Sites - Washington Free Beacon
Iran plans to build many new nuclear plants with atomic reactors along its coastlines with the Persian Gulf and Caspian Sea, Iran's top nuclear official announced on Thursday.
- Father, we cancel all of Iran's wicked intentions to use nuclear power to threaten Israel and other nations. We speak out, in the name of Jesus, that the development of these plants will only be used for the betterment of their population. Thank you, Lord for protecting Israel and Your Kingdom people in this dangerous area of the world. In Your Name, amen.
- "Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand." (Micah 2:1)
2. Putin seeking to resume Russia-Egypt military ties amid US vacuum - Jerusalem Post
Russian President Vladimir Putin is planning a possible state visit to Egypt in order to take advantage of frayed ties between Washington and Cairo and possibly gain access to Egypt's Mediterranean ports, The Sunday Times reported.
- Dear Lord, we ask that You be in charge of all alliances that are forged between these two countries so that nothing develops that would harm Israel or the US. We pray that the US will soon return as a strong Godly leader in international relationships.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." (Proverbs 21:1)
3. White House tries to rally congressional Democrats in support of Obamacare - Washington Post
By the time President Obama acknowledged on Monday that his signature health-care program had serious problems, it was clear that the political stakes had escalated for the White House.
-In the strong name of Jesus, we ask that the eyes of all Democrats and Republicans will be open to the will of the people and the truth of what this evil law is designed to do to America and its freedoms. Father, may our people in Congress be able to resist the onslaught and threats of any nature to be able to stand up for what is best for American liberty. Bless You, Father, for establishing us in a country that honors you and honors freedom.
- ". . .that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting . . ." (Ephesians 4:14)
4. Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - NBC News
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years. (Read more)
- We read headlines like these, from reputable sources (not conspiracy theories), and we want to weep. How could a president ever do this to the American people? Cry out for mercy to the Most High God, for only He can now rule and overrule a tyrant such as this. May He regard our helpless estate as we pray in repentance for our sin. - "He who practices deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who speaks falsehood shall not maintain his position before me." (Psalms 101:7)
5. Federal judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional - Washington Examiner
Texas files appeal following federal ruling state's new abortion law is unconstitutional
New abortion restrictions passed by the Texas Legislature are unconstitutional and will not take effect as scheduled on Tuesday, a federal judge has ruled. (Read more)
- Thank the Lord for the swift action on the part of the Attorney General for the State of Texas, in light of this ruling. We praise God, too, as the Most High Judge, who has all under control in His Heavenly Courtroom. Our prayers in days past over this law in Texas, designed to protect the lives of the unborn, are now stored up in vials in the heavens, waiting to take effect at the decree of the Most High God. Praise Him, all ye saints! He is Lord!
- "When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints." (Revelation 5:8)
6. State official slams University of Kansas for allowing prof suspended over NRA tweet to be back at work
A state official from Kansas criticized the University of Kansas' decision to allow the professor suspended over a tweet that targeted the National Rifle Association after the Navy Yard shooting to be allowed to return the school.
"All they're doing is stalling, hoping that it will die down and everybody will forget about it," State Sen. Greg Smith, a Republican lawmaker, told The Kansas City Star. "He was way out of line, way outside anything that's covered by tenure, due process or anything else. As far as I'm concerned, it was hate speech."
Guth posted the tweet after the September shootings killed 13 people in Washington, D.C. It said, "The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you.
- Lord Jesus, this man was in a position to teach and influence the molding of young minds for the future. Why is he being allowed to return to an administrative position and then later returned to a classroom to spew out more of his anger? As State Sen. Greg Smith states, what was said by this man should be considered 'hate speech' and reflects that this man does not belong in a teaching position. Lord, protect our young people from all the twisted beliefs being given to them throughout the educational systems in the US. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
-"Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls." (Proverbs 25:28 )
7. Atheist group seeks end to Alabama grief counseling by clergy
An atheist group is asking the city of Montgomery to provide evidence that sending clergy to support victims at violent crime scenes will reduce crime in the city. The organization American Atheists has questioned how providing grief counseling after a crime will reduce the number of crimes in the city.
The group claims Montgomery's Operation Good Shepherd program is unconstitutional. City officials told al.com the new program dispatches trained clergy to comfort victims at crime scenes in an effort to combat violent crime. City officials said the purpose of the program is not for "religious promotion or recruitment."
- Heavenly Father, be in the midst of this accusation arising from the enemy of our souls, and put the fear of You fully into all who protest this process that assists crime victims. We ask in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven" (Luke 6:22-23a,b)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
". . . For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord." (Psalm 27:5,6)
1. Israel agrees to return to UN Human Rights Council - Jerusalem Post
Israel has agreed to return to the UN Human Rights Council and to cede to Western pressure to participate on Tuesday in the periodic review of its human rights records that all 193 member states must undergo.
2. Obama, Netanyahu discuss Iran, peace talks in phone call - Jerusalem Post
US President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke over the phone on Monday to discuss two diplomatic fronts topping America's foreign policy agenda: negotiations over the Iranian nuclear crisis and ongoing talks between Israel and the Palestinians.
3. IDF hits back at Gaza after early morning rocket fire - Times of Israel
Israeli planes struck two concealed rocket launchers in the Gaza Strip on Monday morning, hours after two rockets targeted southern Israel.
4. Netanyahu: Israel doesn't fear solitude on Iran, but we're not alone - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told his cabinet on Sunday he does not fear standing alone as an advocate for increased economic pressure on Iran, even as he assured the ministers that many in the international community shared Israel's views.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
". . . rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer . . ." (Romans 12:12)
Indonesia: Radical Efforts to Remove Christian Woman from Government Continue- Jakarta Globe
The National Commission on Violence Against Women said on Monday that the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) should stop using religion to try to force Lenteng Agung ward chief Susan Jasmine Zulkifli to step down.
"They can't use that claim in this country," Masruchah, deputy chairwoman of the Commission, told the Jakarta Globe on Monday. "The constitution gives no room for discrimination."
The FPI said it planned to begin conducting a Koran study in the ward, in an attempt to influence more people to get behind their efforts to force out the Christian ward chief.
"We will do it once a week, or at least once a month," FPI Jakarta chapter secretary Novel Ba'mumin told Indonesian news portal Tempo.co on Sunday. "We were invited by residents from every neighborhood unit, to make them realize this."
Some residents have been staging protests against Susan's appointment, hoping to have her replaced by a Muslim chief. One protestor, named Ruslan, said that Susan had violated Islamic teachings by greeting her constituents with the words "good morning, selamat pagi, bonjour," rather than with an Arabic greeting.
Home Affairs Minister Gamawan Fauzi echoed the protestors, suggesting that Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo should transfer her to a non-Muslim area because of the dissent.
Joko said that he would only replace an urban ward chief if he or she performed poorly, and Deputy Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama said that Gamawan "needs to learn the constitution."
"I am still learning the constitution," Gamawan conceded.
Some Lenteng Agung residents, however, have expressed confidence in their ward chief.
"There's no need for people outside to demonstrate against Susan," Halim Mahfudz, who lives in the ward, told Tempo on Monday. "She works well. So let it be like this, no more demonstrations."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
The Week of Oct. 28 - Nov. 1
The Week of Oct. 28 - Nov. 1
Fellow Conservative Patriots,
As the legislative cycle turns to other issues and more contrived Washingtonian deadlines, conservatives must continue to focus on Obamacare. This week, they will have an opportunity to hold hearings and grill HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Obamacare. They need to show how the problems run much deeper than the website. Later this week, the focus will shift to bicameral conference committees on the FY 2014 budget and a five-year Farm/Food Stamps Bill. Conservatives must be prepared to oppose almost any deal that emerges from the conferences, given the players involved in crafting the deals.
As part of the terms of surrender over the government shutdown, Congress passed a continuing resolution (CR) funding government at current levels until January 15, 2014. The two parties agreed to form a bicameral conference committee to hash out a long-term funding bill for FY 2014 by mid-December. The first meeting of the committee will take place on Wednesday.
The major point of contention will revolve around the sequester. The total sum of discretionary budget authority for FY 2014 starts out at $988 billion extrapolated over 12 months. But this level will automatically be cut back to $967 billion on January 15, the same day the CR expires. Democrats are hoping enough Republicans will be scared of the sequester and acquiesce to some sort of grand tax and budget deal to replace it. Many Republicans have already signaled their desire to forge such a deal. Conservatives must simply keep the sequester and deny Democrats any leverage to negotiate.
Furthermore, after taking sequester off the table, Republicans should continue fighting Obamacare in the budget. They should demand that all 12 appropriations bills be passed in regular order, allowing us to isolate those components of the budget that fund HHS and the IRS.
As Obamacare permanently changes the relationship of the citizen with the federal government, destroys our economy, and makes insurance unaffordable for those who choose freedom from dependency, Republicans must realize that it's silly to focus on "fixing" $20 billion in discretionary spending cuts.
Farm/Food Stamp Bill
On Wednesday, the House and Senate conference committee will meet for the first time to iron out an agreement on a 5-year Farm Bill, of which 80% of the spending is allocated for food stamps. Here is a list of the conferees.
Where things stand:
Now that the House and Senate are headed to conference, food stamps will be added back into the bill, thereby obviating the entire benefit of the original House approach. Most of the debate during conference will revolve around the levels of food stamp spending - whether to spend roughly $765 billion or $730 billion extrapolated over 10 years. Either way, this is a big increase from the last Farm Bill.
> > > [We will report more on this issue on tomorrow's Brief. In the meantime, please begin to intercede over the conference committee that will convene on Wednesday, praying over each conferee by name. Thank you.]
The Daily Jot
The Beast and you
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Socialists in Congress and the White House (translated: the Democratic Party) rammed down the throats of American citizens the whole idea of socialized healthcare without one vote from the dissenting party. They lied about what the forced healthcare was all about and refused to allow ample time for Americans to digest the poison pill they were about to take. The occupant of the Oval Office did not keep his promise of posting the legislation and giving the citizenry time to read it and discuss it. It was so rushed that then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca) actually said, "But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what's in it...." Take this to the bank: it's not about healthcare. It's about control.
Meanwhile, people were beginning to find out what was in it--a superstructure for government control of your life. While it doesn't mention death panels, it has language that government panels will decide who gets what kind of health care and treatment. It mandates women's reproductive health, code words: abortion. It assembles a national database of health records, meaning the government can spy on you, your habits, your health, and your family because you voluntarily gave the beast the information. The socialists told us, "You are just over reacting. The System in Canada and Europe is wonderful...You'll see." Yes, we are "seeing." A beast is devouring our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
The National Library of Medicine (NLM)--the world's largest biomedical library--has announced it is "mining" social media to assess how it can be used as "change-agents" for health behaviors. The Washington Free Beacon reports that content from Twitter, Facebook, blogs, news sites, discussion boards, video and image sharing sites will be maintained by a government funded independent contractor and "kept up-to-date in a timely manner and made available for query by Government." When asked by a vendor if they are interested in storing the data for "historical analysis," NLM said "Yes." Moreover, NLM would not return phone calls from reporters on this issue. The beast answers to no one.
This particular American government is not the end time Beast regime, but it may be a type and shadow. Everything we do is being monitored. There are satellite and traffic cameras, the NSA is monitoring our phone calls, police make false arrests, free speech at public hearings is being muffled, every purchase you make online or using a credit card is subject to review--this is a police state. Control of your healthcare is paramount to controlling your every action. Revelation 13:17 says, "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." In America, we have a say in our government. We had better start speaking boldly before we lose it. The beast is growing stronger.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
ENDA Vote Due in Senate
Gay Civil Rights Bill, a Test for the GOP, Moves to Hill Forefront
The Senate's partisan balance will move a tick to the left Thursday, when Cory Booker takes his seat as the 55th member of the Democratic caucus. And the New Jersey newcomer looks increasingly likely to make a bit of history befitting his national profile only a few days later, by providing an essential vote to advance the most important civil rights bill of the decade.
Legislation that would prohibit workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity is on the cusp of securing a filibuster-crushing supermajority of 60 senators - close enough that proponents are ready to call the question.
Four Republicans have announced their support for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, along with 51 of the current Democrats. Another sure "yes" vote would come from Booker, who as mayor of Newark presided over the first same-sex marriage legally sanctioned by New Jersey, now the 14th state (plus the District of Columbia) where gay marriage is legal. "It's about time," he declared after the vows were exchanged a minute after midnight on Oct. 21.
That puts the vote count at 56. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Chairman Tom Harkin, the Iowa Democrat who has made the bill his top priority before retiring next year, is working with the leadership to arrange debate in early November - and he's said he wouldn't ask for floor time until he was confident of victory. (Roll Call) Read more here.
Ask our Lord to intervene to put an END to ENDA. We stand in the place of intercession, forgiving those who do wickedly, for they know not what they do, and positioning ourselves in the Holy Spirit to serve as the restraining force against this evil. We ask in Jesus' Name, amen.
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way." (2 Thessalonians 2:7)
The Healthcare.gov Monstrosity
The Healthcare.gov Monstrosity
With Halloween just a few days away, the thought struck me over the weekend that it is a blessing in disguise that many people can't get into the Obamacare website. Those who do get in desperately want to get out once they realize how much Vampire Government is going to suck out of their wallets to pay for this monstrosity! Here are the latest horrifying headlines:
- The Los Angeles Times reports that thousands of Californians are experiencing rate shock as they learn what Obamacare is going to cost them. There are winners and losers in Obamacare, and many middle class Americans are finding out that they are the "losers" stuck with unaffordable options.
- CBS News continues the theme of rate shock with a report on Dianne Barrette of Florida. Barrette was recently notified that her $54/month policy was being cancelled. Her insurance company is offering her a new plan that costs $591 a month -- more than ten times what she is currently paying. Like many Americans, Barrette is demanding to know, ". . . why I can't keep what I have? Why do I have to be forced into something else?"
- Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, is raising the alarm about Healthcare.gov's lack of cyber-security, warning that the entire site might have to be redesigned to prevent fraudsters from stealing your personal information.
- Okay, so the website doesn't work well and went down again over the weekend. What about that Obamacare hotline and the paid personal navigators? Without a working website, they don't work either.
How all of this will play out a year from now at the ballot box remains to be seen. But as one veteran reporter notes [WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE], Democrats are starting to panic. (Source: Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
5,000 join March for Life in Berlin
Please pray that the people of Germany will reject . . . modern eugenics, reject abortion and use their influence in Europe to promote the dignity of all human life.
(Berlin, Germany)-Around 5,000 pro-lifers gathered for the March for Life in Berlin, Germany before the Chancellor's Office on September 21, 2013-just one day before the national elections-in order to draw awareness to "the dignity of man and the right to life." Though there are laws to prevent abortions, there have been over 1.5 million registered abortions in Germany since 2000, but many estimate the real number of abortions much higher than the official state figure.
The March was organized by "Bundesverband Lebensrecht," an important alliance of 14 organizations that focus on different pro-life areas. At the end was released the Berlin Declaration on the Protection of the Unborn, which states in part:
- Every person, whether born or unborn, has the right to life and respect for their dignity.
- Every person is equally valuable, regardless of the stage of development.
- The obligation to protect the state applies to each individual. Human dignity and the right to life is independent of any third-party decision.
The declaration demands, among other things, a prohibition on genetic testing for the purpose of aborting the disabled, the end of taxpayer funded abortions and the end of assisted suicide and euthanasia.
(Source: Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
Come, let us sing to the Lord !
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
For the Lord is a great God, a great King above all gods.
He holds in his hands the depths of the earth and the mightiest mountains.
The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
His hands formed the dry land, too.
Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, for he is our God.
We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care.
If only you would listen to his voice today!
(Psalms 95:1-7 NLT)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!