Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, January 30, 2013
"The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul." (Psalm 121:7)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Kissinger: US on Brink of Nuclear Crisis with Iran - NewsMax
Former U.S. Secretary of State and Nobel Peace laureate Henry Kissinger is warning that the United States and Israel are very close to facing a crisis with a nuclear-arming Iran.
- Lord, we ask that You disarm Iran of their nuclear capabilities, and weaken their efforts to destroy Israel or America. Bring down their wickedness under the hand of God, and pull down their evil platform and intentions that nothing they do can prosper. Rise up, O Lord, and defend Israel and America from the destructive rulers of Iran. In the Name of Jesus.
-"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I the Lord will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:9)
2. US planning for new drone base in Northwest Africa, officials say - Fox News
The U.S. military is planning to set up a new drone base in Northwest Africa, senior defense officials confirmed to Fox News, in the latest effort to track the ever-expanding network of Al Qaeda affiliates and help the allied nations fighting them.
- Father God, we thank You for directing our U.S. military, and enabling them to track the enemy's network of Al Qaeda and its affiliates with this new drone base. God, uncover Al Qaeda's activities and close them down. Weaken them from the core, so they cannot prosper in their evil works. In Jesus' Name.
- "For the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you, and to give up your enemies before you; therefore shall your camp be holy." (Deuteronomy 23:14)
3. Obama wades back into immigration debate as senators pitch new blueprint - Fox News
President Obama, just days into his second term, is pressing ahead on the explosive issue of immigration reform -- boosted Monday by a bipartisan group of senators drafting a proposal of their own while running into early criticism that the blueprint amounts to "amnesty."
- Father God, hold back those in leadership of our country from allowing an open door to any and all who want to immigrate to America. We ask that holy angels stand at the gates to our country and disallow those who come with the intent of bringing destruction. Bring holy fear upon those who are in charge of permitting our enemies to enter our country. We cry out to our God in heaven to stand against this new immigration reform. In the powerful Name of Jesus we ask this.
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
4. Poll: Two-thirds of American voters with household guns would 'defy' gun laws - Daily Caller
As anti-gun lawmakers push for a government ban of more than 150 types of firearms, a new Fox News poll shows that two-thirds of American voters who have guns in their household would "defy" any law requiring them to give up the guns.
- God, pull down the powers in our government that would prevent Americans from lawfully having firearms as a means of protection and necessity, under various circumstances. Rip up the enemy's plans to make us defenseless where we cannot protect ourselves. Weaken their stance, and may they experience the resistance of the Lord God of heaven who will fight for us, so we not become prey to our enemies. In Jesus' Name.
- "My soul follows hard after God: His right hand upholds me. But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth." (Psalm 63:8-9)
5. Boy Scouts may allow local troops to set policy on gays - Washington Times
Gay-rights groups were elated Monday after the Boy Scouts of America announced that it was considering dropping its long-standing national policy of disallowing open homosexuals from participating in its activities, but traditional-family groups were quick to condemn the shift.
- Lord God, stand in the way of this policy from being enacted by the Boy Scouts of America. God, keep this morally clean and healthy for the boys of America to participate in this long-standing group. May the blood of Jesus surround the Boy Scouts and protect this organization, its leaders, and members, that no harm come to any of them. Replace the leadership, my Father, if they will not maintain a healthy environment for these boys. In the Name of Jesus.
- "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble: and He knows them that trust in Him" (Nahum 1:7)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks, For Your name is near;
Men declare Your wondrous works." (Psalm 75:1)
1. Obama Secretly Pledges to Divide Jerusalem - Klein Online
Now that he has secured his second term, President Barack Obama has already secretly pledged to the Palestinians he will press Israel into a new round of so-called land-for-peace negotiations, a top Palestinian Authority negotiator told KleinOnline.
2. Israel on high alert over Syrian WMDs - Jerusalem Post
Israel is following the possibility of the transfer of Syria's chemical weapons to radical elements, as its neighbor to the north appears to be gradually approaching a final meltdown.
3. Report: Syria chemical arsenal within Hezbollah reach - Israel Hayom
Israel continued to warn the world on Monday of the potentially devastating outcome if Syria's chemical arsenal falls into the hands of rebels, or worse, Hezbollah, as Lebanese media outlets reported that the Lebanese terror group had already obtained some chemical weapons and long range missiles.
4. Israel fighting 'a campaign between wars,' says IAF chief - Times of Israel
Israel is waging an offensive, defensive and intelligence campaign which may foreshadow an approaching war, Israel Air Force chief Maj. Gen. Amir Eshel said Tuesday.
5. Hamas's Mashaal reportedly eyes PLO leadership - Times of Israel
Hamas's political leader is interested in heading the PLO, the highest Palestinian representative body, an Arab daily reported on Tuesday.
6. Tehran suspects Mossad in Fordo blast, says Iranian expert - Times of Israel
Iran's underground Fordo nuclear plant was indeed hit by an explosion sometime last week, and Iranian officials suspect the Mossad or CIA as responsible actors, the former Iranian intelligence officer who initially broke the story said Monday.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer." (Psalm 4:1)
1. Syrian Christians targeted for their politics or their faith?
Damascus, November 30 (World Watch Monitor) - Wednesday 28th's twin deadly car bombs in the Christian and Druze suburb of Jaramana in the Syrian capital Damascus appeared to target two communities which so far have not joined the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad's government.
These are not the first attacks in Jaramana to have been blamed on those seeking to overthrow the government. But in the past, the armed opposition has denied any involvement and repeatedly said it is targeting Mr Assad's forces and not minority groups. Syria appears to be heading towards deepening breakdown, with sectarian fragmentation likened to its neighbour Lebanon's civil war. Inevitably, Christians have been caught up in the chaos over the past months, as we report here - starting with a Syrian Orthodox priest who was deliberately killed.
In an act of courage 43 year old Father Fadi Haddad set off by car to negotiate the release of one of his parishioners, who had been kidnapped. A week later, it became clear that the parish priest from Qatana, some 20 kilometers south-west of Damascus, had paid the highest price. On Oct. 25th, his lifeless and mutilated body was found on the side of a road. Qatana had been terrorized by radical fighters, locals told Catholic Charity Aid to the Church in Need (ACN). "'Extremists went through the streets shouting 'Alawites to the grave, Christians to Beirut'. They want to kick us out". A pastor who often provided Haddad with Bibles and who met him a few days before he was kidnapped told us 'Father Fadi's superiors had asked him why he kept traveling back and forth between Qatana and Damascus. He responded: 'I cannot not serve Jesus, I need to help people, that is why I have to move around.'
2. Colombia: Murdered evangelist's widow also killed after threats
(World Watch Monitor) - Four months after guerrillas of the National Liberation Army (ELN) sent a murdered evangelist's wife their first demand to abandon her home in northeast Colombia's volatile Arauca department, the militants made good on their threats, report sources close to Open Doors, a ministry to persecuted Christians.
On Monday, Jan 7th 2013, as the family's pastor finished an evening devotional in the home of widow Alicia Castilla, assassins entered the home and opened fire on her with pistols, killing her instantly in front of her three children and her father.
An Open Doors worker who cannot be named for security reasons told World Watch Monitor that before leaving the home, the guerrillas told Castilla's son, 18-year-old Hernán, that the rest of the family had three days to leave the region. After that, the killers warned, they would return and one by one kill other family members.
3. Police break up plot to assassinate Turkish pastor
(World Watch Monitor) - Police in Turkey say they thwarted an assassination plot against a Christian pastor Tuesday when they arrested 14 suspects, two of whom had been part of his congregation for more than a year.
Emre Karaali, pastor of Izmit Protestant Church and the target of the alleged plot, said two of the arrested suspects were regular members, feigning interest in Christianity. One of them, he said, participated in a baptism in July.
Some of the other suspects also had visited the church, Karaali told World Watch Monitor. He said three of the suspects are women.
"These people had infiltrated our church and collected information about me, my family and the church and were preparing an attack against us," said Karaali, 33, a native Turk and a convert to Christianity. "Two of them attended our church for over a year and they were like family."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
I Stand In Awe
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of Your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above