Reminder! Mike Huckabee -- Sunday is "A Day to Pray"
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, January 17, 2012
". . . if anyone loves God, he is known by Him." (I Corinthians 8:3)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Hostages and some Americans escape from terrorists in Algeria, while Algerian military attacks gas complex, sources say- Fox News
At least 20 foreign hostages and some Americans escaped Thursday from an Al Qaeda-linked group who had taken over an Algerian natural gas complex in the Sahara desert, according to Algerian and US officials.
But the militant group said 35 hostages and 15 of their members have been killed after Algerian helicopters attacked the facility in a strafing run, the Associated Press reports. The claim could not be independently verified.
- Lord, we praise You for this escape. We ask Your mercy over the victims of this hostage situation and their families. Father, we lift up these natural gas facilities and pray for protection from any further terrorist attacks.
- "And at that time Your people shall be delivered, every one who is found written in the Book." [Daniel 12:1c]
2. China's PLA to Troops: Prepare for War - VOA News
As tensions between China and Japan escalate, China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) has been told to prepare for war in a training directive issued by the General Staff Headquarters, which oversees the entire PLA.
- Lord, we bind up this volatile war preparation in the Name of Jesus. We ask that cooler heads prevail over the tensions in Asia, and that Your Holy Spirit will move across the regions in mighty power.
-"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled" [Matthew 24:6a]
3. Iran to deploy warships to Mediterranean Sea - Jerusalem Post
Iran is planning to send its 24th fleet, comprised of a submarine and a warship, to the Mediterranean sea, the Red Sea, and the Suez CanaI, semi-official news agency Press TV quoted Iranian naval commander Admiral Habibollah Sayyari as saying on Thursday.
- Again, Father, we pray that You will reign Supreme over this build up of Iranian naval forces in three crucial regions.
-"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom." [Matthew 24:7a]
4. Al-Assad in his last six months, US estimates - Hurriyet Daily
Embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will not last in power for more than six months at most, senior U.S. figures predicted during a recent meeting with Turkey-s senior diplomat in Washington, Turkish officials have said.
- Lord, we continue to ask that when and if Assad is deposed, whoever takes his place will not be a terrorist. We know that historically, the Assyrian Church knew You and served You with their lives. We ask that You raise up a person strong enough to say "no" to the jihadist forces.
- "Then the king stood by a pillar and made a covenant before the Lord to follow the Lord and to keep His commandments and His testimonies and His statutes with all his heart and with all his soul" [2 Kings 23:3a]
5. Alabama Supreme Court Recognizes Unborn as 'Children' - Life Site News
An Alabama Supreme Court decision recognizing the unborn as persons deserving of legal protections could have significant implications in ending abortion in the U.S., say pro-life advocates.
- Lord, we thank You for this small step toward ending abortion in the United States. We understand that the barriers both legal and spiritual against the fight are strongholds that only You can break. We pray for strategy, wisdom, and the use of all Your spiritual weapons in the battle.
- "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds." [2 Corinthians 10:4]
6. Obama urges new restrictions on assault weapons, magazines as part of gun control plan - Fox News
President Obama called Wednesday for a new and tougher assault-weapons ban and a 10-round limit on magazines, as part of a comprehensive plan to curb gun violence that includes 23 steps he took without congressional action.
- Father, the Second Amendment was designed to keep America free from tyrannical leaders and nations. We pray for Your mercy over America, as our leadership pretends to be concerned about the victims of violence but uses the wrong methods to combat it.
-"I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; incline Your ear to me and hear my speech." [Psalm 17:6]
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, by which You upheld Your inheritance when it was weary." (Psalm 68:9)
1. 'Jewish terrorist' convicted of double murder - Times of Israel
An American-born Israeli Jew, a settler who killed two Palestinians and wounded two Israelis, was convicted Wednesday on two counts of first degree murder and a string of other hate crimes, including attempted murder and incitement to violence.
2. Israel to UN: Stop Syrian WMD transfer to Hezbollah - Jerusalem Post
Israel's ambassador to the United Nations Ron Prosor said Tuesday that the prospect of Hezbollah acquiring chemical weapons -- mishandled or handed over intentionally by the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad -- is "frightening," and called on the Security Council to act immediately to prevent their proliferation.
3. Netanyahu brushes off Obama critique - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday reacted to critical statements attributed to US President Barack Obama, saying that only the Israeli people will determine who best represent their interests.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." (Psalm 5:11)
1. North Korea: CSW welcomes support of UN High Commissioner for Human Rights for international inquiry - CSW
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navanethem Pillay, yesterday called for an international inquiry into serious human rights violations in North Korea, stressing that concerns about the country's nuclear programme must not be allowed to overshadow the "deplorable" human rights situation of its people. Read more.
2. Iranian-American Detained in Iran Facing Death Penalty - Morningstar News
An Iranian-American who will go on trial in Iran on Monday (Jan. 21) for apostasy, or leaving Islam, has been beaten and threatened with the death penalty during interrogation, sources said.
Saeed Abedini, 32, will have his case handled by a judge notorious for handing death sentences to human rights activists. Judge Pir-Abassi has been condemned by the European Union and the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom for human rights violations. Read more.
3. India sets table for Christian unity week - Catholic Register
This year Christians around the world are being asked to learn about unity from India. Prayers and readings for the Jan. 18-25 Week of Prayer for Christian Unity were prepared by members of the Student Christian Movement in India. Each year the writing team for the ecumenical event comes from a different country. In 2014 Canadians will choose the readings and make Bible and liturgy suggestions. Read more.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
IFA Hosts Nationwide Inaugural Prayer Call
Intercessors for America is hosting an Inaugural Day Prayer Conference Call
DATE: Monday, January 21, 2013
TIME: from 12:15 - 12:45 p.m. EST
(Please adjust for your own time zone)
CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER:
ACCESS CODE: 1412452#
THANK YOU, IFA!!!!!!!
Sunday is "A Day to Pray"
Sunday is "A Day to Pray"
Join me for "A Day to Pray", where we will ask God to grant our leaders, from the local school houses to the White House, the wisdom they need for the road ahead. We will gather to ask God for forgiveness and healing of our land and to bless our Country and her people. This will not be a political rally but a spiritual event and hopefully one that can help bring us together as we move forward as a nation. - Mike Huckabee
"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - (2 Chronicles 7:14)
August 1, hundreds of thousands stood in line at Chick-fil-A to affirm a Christian brother's right to his personal view and the freedom to express it without being the object of economic terrorism. It was a historic moment because it was not a carefully staged PR stunt, but a viral response as people from many organizations and ministries simply urged their own constituents to participate. No one "owned" the day - each participating entity encouraged it from their own platform to their audience.
I want to propose that we join together to do something even more significant. What if on Sunday, January 20, we asked America to simply pray? Pray for our leaders and our country. This would not be a partisan or political event, but a sincere effort to ask millions of Americans to pray for our country on that day. Our leaders don't seem to be listening to us; maybe they will listen to God!
I truly believe that a day of humility, repentance, and prayer could do something that elections can't do.
A DAY TO PRAY is a spiritual event where Believers from all faiths and walks of life will join together to pray for ourselves, our families, our leaders, and our country.
I would hope that pastors would lead their churches in A Day to Pray, and that leaders would urge those in their constituency to do the same.
A Facebook event has been created at www.ADaytoPray.com for every Believer to RSVP for the event and commit to joining us for a national online Prayer Service.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Worldwide Mom's Day of Prayer
Mothers will gather together on the East Capitol Grounds of the nation's capitol from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to pray for the leaders, families and children of all 50 U.S. states.
(Fort Smith, AR)-Worldwide Mom's Day of Prayer (MDOP) will host its first "Blanketing Our Nation in Prayer" event in Washington, DC, on Saturday, January 19, 2013. Led by founder Kathy J. Coleman, mothers will gather together on the East Capitol Grounds of the nation's capitol from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to pray for the leaders, families and children of all 50 U.S. states.
Over the past 16 years, MDOP events have been held in several states and foreign countries. This will be the first time for the event to be held in Washington. The 2013 goal is to have MDOP events in all 50 states and Washington, DC, on the same day. With eight days remaining before the event, MDOP events are scheduled in 41 U.S. states and 5 foreign countries.
Coleman received inspiration for the "Blanketing Our Nation in Prayer" event soon after the November 2012 presidential election. "God has a plan for our children, our families and our nation. We must stay focused on who God is because satan is determined for us to focus on his lies of who God is not." Coleman believes "It's time for moms to draw a line in the sand and stand up and pray for our nation to return to the principles and morals this country was founded upon."
Women attending the DC event will be divided into 25 prayer teams. Each team will receive a card with the names of two states written on it and be asked to pray for the children, families, marriages and government leaders of each state as well as our president and vice-president.
Attendance for "Blanketing Our Nation in Prayer" is limited due to Capitol Grounds and National Parks regulations. Women interested in participating should contact Worldwide Mom's Day of Prayer for reservations, (479) 452-6215 or Kathy@momsdayofprayer.com
Mom's Day of Prayer (MDOP) was founded in 1998 by Kathy J. Coleman based on the Scripture of 1 Samuel 1:27-28 (NIV), "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life, he will be given over to the LORD."
Source: Worldwide Mom's Day of Prayer
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
His Eye Is On The Sparrow
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav'n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.