Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, January 10, 2013
"Yield now and be at peace with Him; Thereby good will come to you."
Guides for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Islam 'Helped to Shape' CIA Nominee John Brennan's World View - familysecuritymatters.org
Brennan's Feb. 13, 2010 address to a meeting at the Islamic Center at New York University, facilitated by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), provided an insight into his views on Islam, a faith which he said during the speech had "helped to shape my own world view." Travels around the world over more than three decades had taught him about "the goodness and beauty of Islam," said Brennan, whose 25-year career at the CIA until 2005 included a stint as station chief in Riyadh.
- Father, we watch with dismay as our leadership gradually becomes allies of those who oppose You. We pray for mercy over America. We ask with humility for You to release Your Holy Spirit once again across this nation so that hearts may be changed.
- "having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardening of their heart." [Ephesians 4:18]
2. Obama plans 'executive action' on guns -Weekly Standard
Joe Biden says Barack Obama is "going to act" on gun control and reveals "executive orders" may be used to take swift action.
- Lord, we ask that this unconscionable action on the part of the President be stopped. We pray for free debate on this issue, with no underhanded methods deployed.
- "The way of the Lord is strength for the upright, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity."[Proverbs 10:29]
3. Another Pick, Another Fight - Fox News
Top Senate Republican Jeff Session declares 'Jack Lew must never be secretary of Treasury,' citing 'false' statements about national debt, adding another Obama nominee expected to face a tough confirmation process.
- Lord, we continually seek Your Face about this administration's nominees for positions that are not only not qualified for these positions, but are firmly in the camp of those who do not know You. Lord, we pray that You will bring righteous men and women into leadership roles who will raise the standard of Your Love against the flood of evil.
-"When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." [Isaiah 59:19b]
4. Planned Parenthood Touts Over 333,000 Babies Aborted in 2011 -Breitbart
In 2011, Planned Parenthood performed 333,964 abortions in 2011. Doing some simple math reveals that the number of abortions performed equates to one abortion every 94 seconds.
- Father, they openly brag about the murder of innocents. We pray for a breakthrough in this horrifying attitude soon. You have time and time again brought out the truth, yet so few seem to listen.
- "Do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked." [Exodus 23:]
5. Obama administration ends post-9/11 restrictions on Saudis entering U.S. -World Tribune
The United States, a decade after Al Qaida strikes in New York and Washington, has opened its doors to Saudi nationals.
- Lord, this is a dangerous policy. We pray that You will guard the borders of America with Your angelic host, since our leadership refuses to do so.
- "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the Name of the Lord our God." [Psalm 20:7]
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
bat's prophetic portion ends with Isaiah 29:22-23. Therefore thus says YHWH, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob: "Jacob shall not now be ashamed, nor shall his face now become pale. But when he sees his children, the work of My hands, in his midst, they shall sanctify My name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel." (Isaiah 29:22-23)
1. Poll: Most Israelis Don't Believe Peace is Possible - Arutz Sheva
Most Israelis believe that it will be impossible to achieve peace with the Palestinian Authority in the foreseeable future - no matter who wins the election on January 22.
2. As Fatah, Hamas meet, PM vows not to cede land - Jerusalem Post
As rival Palestinian factions Fatah and Hamas met in Cairo to discuss reconciliation on Wednesday, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said he would not cede any more land to the Palestinians.
3. Egypt's president to meet Palestinian rivals on unity - Ynet News
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi plans to meet the leaders of Palestinian factions Hamas and Fatah on Wednesday in a renewed effort to help them heal their five-year-old feud, Palestinian and Egyptian officials said.
4. Israel Planning to Build Holy Temple, Claims PA Official - Arutz Sheva
The head of manuscripts at the Al-Aqsa Mosque, Najeh Bkeirat, has accused Israel of trying to "Judaize" the Temple Mount by building a new Holy Temple.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" (Matthew 25:40)
1. Egypt MPs disagree on status of Coptic Christians in draft elections law
Some members of Shura Council call for inclusion of at least one Coptic candidate in each party's electoral list; others, however, say move would only deepen sectarian divide. (Ahram Online) Read more.
2. An American, A Father, A Husband, Abandoned in Iran and Handed Over to a "Hanging Judge"
American Pastor Saeed Abedini, who is being held in one of Iran's most abusive prisons because of his Christian faith, faces a new challenge. His case was just transferred to a judge who is notorious for violating human rights.
Over this past weekend, the case of American Pastor Saeed Abedini was referred by the local Iranian prosecutor to Branch 26 of the Tehran Revolutionary Court. The case was assigned to Judge Pir-Abassi, a judge notorious for his harsh sentences against those who exercise their fundamental freedoms. In the international law arena, Judge Pir-Abassi is often referred to as one of Iran's "hanging judges" for the numerous individuals he has sent to the gallows. (ACLJ.org) Read more.
3. Italy urges Pakistan to drop Asia Bibi's death sentence
Italian Minister for Foreign Affairs Giulio Terzi has given instructions to its embassy in Islamabad to appeal to the Pakistani authorities on behalf of Asia Bibi. Bibi, a Christian, has been held since 2009 and condemned to death on the charge of blasphemy.
According to a news release from Italy's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this underscores the Italian government's expectation that the sentence would be revoked. The news release said that hopes for her immediate release have been expressed to the Pakistani authorities.
The news release said Italy has also been engaged in intense diplomatic efforts in support of Asia Bibi in Brussels within the framework of the strategic EU-Pakistan dialogue. (Persecution.org) Read more.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
The Daily Jot:
Freedom, government, and the vultures of the enemy
The secular humanists, communists, socialists, homosexuals, and Islamists have reached such a critical mass in all branches of our government that the vultures of [the enemy] are circling as the heartbeat of Freedom in America grows faint. Politicians have used Sandy Hook Elementary School as the final nail in the 2nd Amendment coffin. Vice President Biden floated the trial balloon that the occupant of the Oval Office would use Executive Order to undermine the venerable Constitutional Right to bear arms. It was met by the media as something brilliant, by a disbelieving gasp from strict Constitutional constructionists, and by a great YAWN from most of the American public. The trap is set.
Never mind that deaths caused by traffic accidents are three times more than those caused by firearms--32,993 and 9,203 respectively--according to the government's latest figures. Never mind that deaths from drunk drivers (10,228) were more than those caused by firearms. Never mind that American taxpayers subsidized Planned Parenthood by $524.4 million in 2011, which in turn legally murdered a preborn citizen every 94 seconds--333,964. There is no regard from this kettle of vultures for the self evident truths that all men are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" unless it involves leveraging crisis to abscond those rights.
Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." In its context, this verse is the declarative statement after a discussion about those who were born of the "freewoman", not the "bondwoman." That we are born of the promise by accepting Christ as stated in Chapter 3:26, "For ye are all the children of YHVH God by faith in Christ Jesus." Despite revisionist history, the Pilgrims and Jamestown Settlers came to America for religious and economic freedom. There was a fervent belief that God provided this land, blessed it, prospered it, set it aside, that the light of Christ would be shown through it. It is this freedom that the government is now trying to take away.
If these godless deceivers in the government are allowed to use non-Constitutional means such as Executive Orders to scuttle even one of the Bill of Rights, they will use that precedent to do away with them all. Then those Christians who say we should not concern ourselves with government are going to find out first hand why the Founding Fathers were so passionate about giving Christians a say. Worshiping freely; Being able to defend your family; Having privacy; Saying what's on your mind; It's all in jeopardy. So long, though, that there is a heartbeat of freedom, the Kettle doesn't become a Wake. Freedom's life support is what lives in you as a citizen of God's Kingdom--because He is a God of FREEDOM.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
"A Day to Pray"
Governor Mike Huckabee Calls for a National Day of Repentance
Sunday, January 20, 2013
"A Day to Pray"
Dear Prayer Partners,
Much is stirring now in the Spirit, as we approach another inauguration in man's government, and continue to look for the Government of the Kingdom of God, which ever draws closer.
At this pivotal time in our history, the Lord has called Governor Mike Huckabee to declare Sunday, January 20, a "Day to pray."
Please find below a letter written by Cindy Jacobs, outlining details of this day, as well as a plan of prayer released by Pastor Jeff Daly, Chairman, National Day of Repentance, attached.
> > > Capitol Hill Prayer Partners invites all of you to join us in coming before our Lord next Sunday, January 20, in this time of national repentance. In accordance with Scripture, let us "rend our hearts, not our garments," in a time of private prayer. May He meet us each in that place.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Sara C. Ballenger
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
A Message from Cindy Jacobs
Reformation Prayer Network
Even with all the hope a new year brings, there is no question that our nation is facing uncertain and turbulent times. People are frustrated, confused, anxious and weary of the political tension regularly dominating the news.
Who knows what to do in the midst of this mess? As believers, we stake our very lives on faith that God knows. He has solutions and answers for every crisis facing the nation, every challenge facing individuals and families. And He has promised that if we seek Him, we will find Him (Jer. 29:13).
With this in mind, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee is calling on people all around the country to set aside Sunday, January 20, as a day to seek the Lord on behalf of our nation. On the event website, Huckabee shares that this is a day when:
" . . . we will ask God to grant our leaders, from the local school houses to the White House, the wisdom they need for the road ahead. We will gather to ask God for forgiveness and healing of our land and to bless our Country and her people. This will not be a political rally but a spiritual event and hopefully one that can help bring us together as we move forward as a nation."
Here is a video where Mike Huckabee shares his heart.
1. Go to the event website and commit to praying for our nation on January 20.
2. Share the event with others and ask them to commit to pray as well.
3. Consider hosting a small gathering of friends to seek the Lord together.
1. Pray for the citizens and leaders of this country to recognize that God truly is our only hope and we need Him desperately. (Psalm 130:5)
2. Pray for a spirit of repentance to wash across our land. (Romans 2:4)
3. Pray for governmental leaders who are full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom to be raised up with a "Joseph" anointing, knowing exactly what needs to be done in this hour. (Acts 6:3)
Thank you for praying and acting!
Cindy Jacobs, President
Reformation Prayer Network
A Message from Pastor Jeff Daly, President
National Day of Repentance
We highly recommend this guide to prayer, and we thank Pastor Jeff for sending this in to us. Truly, "every joint supplieth!" (Eph. 4:16)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
"A Night of Hope and Healing"
A Concert to Benefit Newtown, CT
"A Night of Hope and Healing" is a free concert to benefit the people of Newtown, CT, who have survived the tragedy of Sandy Hook.
The concert will take place on TUESDAY, Jan. 15, and will be available via livestreaming on the internet.
Those who will participate include: Max Lucado. Casting Crowns, Toby Mac, Mandisa,Mary Beth and Steven Curtic Chapman. Chris Tomlin, and Laura Story
Here is the link, please share with your family and friends. http://bit.ly/hopehealing
Again, to view this event, go here.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Please sit back, relax, [skip the ad] and soak in this beautiful hymn,
sung by the choir boys of Libera in England.
(You may want to have your Kleenex at hand. . .)
Yes, Lord . . . soon we are all "going home."