1. Lebanese Army Demands Militants Surrender, Israel Keeps Eye On Syrian Military Build-Up - AP, Fox News and Stratfor Reports
Lebanese troops attacked Fatah al-Islam militants held up in the Nahr al-Bared Palestinian refugee camp today. Tanks and armored vehicles have been positioned outside the camp in what could be the beginning of a major ground offensive. The camp has seen some of the heaviest fighting since Lebanon began its attacks there 13 days ago. The military demanded the Fatah Islam fighters holed up in the Nahr el-Bared camp in northern Lebanon surrender and promised to pursue them if they didn't. Two Lebanese soldiers were killed and 10 wounded in today's fighting.
Meanwhile, Israel has not launched a major ground offensive in the Gaza Strip because it is keeping a wary eye on a military buildup in Syria, the Israeli daily Ha'aretz reported today. Unnamed Israeli army sources said the army is not in favor of a major ground assault right now because of the need to continue its deterrence on the northern front.
· Dearest Heavenly Father, we humbly ask You to intercede through Your Holy Spirit, for the needs of Lebanon, man's created Palestine, Syria, and the "Apple of Your Eye" Israel. We ask You to spare these countries the ground war that appears to be imminent. Please continue to show us how to pray! · "The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29: 11 NKJV)
2. Israel Preparing Civilians For Possibility Of 'All-Out War' In Jerusalem - CNSNews
- Israel's Home Front Command plans to launch a publicity campaign within a few weeks to prepare Israeli civilians for the possibility of full-scale war, the Jerusalem Post reported on Thursday.
· Lord we ask Your Holy protection over Israel as they celebrate their 40th year anniversary! Please send Your heavenly host to keep watch over the people. · "Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord, have spoken it, and I will do it." (Ezekiel 36:36)
3. Congress Set To Vote on Jerusalem - NY Sun
The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote next week on a resolution calling for President Bush to move the American Embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, strengthening Israel's position against recurring diplomatic efforts to take away its capital.
· Thank you Lord for this resolution. We pray that it will pass easily, and that You will strengthen Israel's position. · "For I am with you, says the Lord, to save you." (Jeremiah 30:11)
4. Russian Official Boasts of New ICBM - ABC News
Russia on Tuesday test-launched a new intercontinental ballistic missile, apparently developed secretly, that a top government official said could penetrate any defense system, Russian news agencies reported.
· Father we stand firmly in the declaration that no weapon formed against us shall prosper! (Isaiah 54:17) We also pray that You will reveal Your power against the enemies of Israel as promised in Ezekiel 37:23 · "Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord."
5. President Bush Chooses Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute To Coordinate War Policy - New York Times
President Bush selected Lt. Gen. Douglas E. Lute, currently the top operations officer for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as War Policy Coordinator. He will retain his active military status and must be confirmed by the Senate, which approves new assignments for three- and four-star generals.
National security adviser, Stephen J. Hadley, who led the search, said that in a written statement, Mr. Bush called General Lute, "a tremendously accomplished military leader who understands war and government and knows how to get things done,' adding that he had 'played an integral role in implementing combat operation plans in Iraq and Afghanistan.'"
· Dearest Lord, amidst war and rumors of war, we humbly ask You to equip General Lute and his staff with Your wisdom and Your Spirit. May they seek Your Face in all that they do, and may they defend Israel, and her allies, too! · "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose against me. You have also given me the necks of my enemies, so that I destroyed those who hated me." (2 Samuel 22: 31,35,40 & 41 NKJV)
6. Oil Prices Drop More Than $2. A Barrel, While Nigeria Inaugurates New President - AP, MSNBC, USA Today
Oil prices plunged by more than $2. a barrel Tuesday in hopes that the inauguration of a new president in OPEC member Nigeria would contribute to a stable supply from the Niger Delta region. A formal meeting over the weekend between U.S. and Iranian officials also soothed traders' concerns about a potential conflict between the two countries.
· We thank You, Lord for potential falling oil and gasoline prices! May this trend continue for Your glory! And, more importantly, we praise You God, that for the first time in Nigeria's coup-riddled history of nearly six decades, power passed between two civilians and the army was hailing new President Umaru Yar'Adua with a 21-gun salute, and not using these same guns to kill each other! · "Now see that I, even I, am He, and there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; nor is there any who can deliver from My hand." (Deuteronomy 32: 39 NKJV)
7. Chavez Takes on Opponents in Streets of Caracas - CNSNews.com
Facing one of its most serious crises, the government of Venezuela continues to use tear gas and rubber bullets against tens of thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators in the streets of Caracas.
· Lord, we lift up the thousands demonstrating against Chavez. We pray that You overthrow his evil rule! · "When their rulers are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear My words; for they are sweet." ( Psalm 141:6)
8. Thompson Said to Be Preparing for a White House Run - AP and CNSNews
Former Republican Tennessee Senator and "Law & Order" star Fred Thompson, could announce plans to run for the presidency possibly over the Fourth of July holiday or wait until later this summer, the Associated Press reports.
· Lord, only You know the heart of man. We seek You early for Your chosen man for presidency. · "If thou wouldest seek unto God betimes, and make thy supplication to the Almighty; If thou wert pure and upright; surely now He would awake for thee, and make the habitation of thy righteousness prosperous." ( Job 8:5,6)
9. Mass Easter Rally in the Himalayan Mountains - ASSIST News Service
It is Easter 2007, a day when the world is celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. They came from near and far throughout Central and Midwestern Nepal, the throng of masses converging and marching through the center of the crown city of Pokhara, at the foot of the Annapurna mountain range. No, this is not another Communist Maoist rally that we see so often these days, but it is a rally of men and women, boys and girls joyfully lifting up the banner of Jesus Christ, their Lord and King! Jesus said, "If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me!" Today Jesus is being lifted up in major cities in Nepal.
· "Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of Thy countenance. In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted." ( Psalm 89:15,16)